Topic Stats

• 10,055 posts
  • 541 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 hours ago by harryhoudini
  • Topic is favorited by 241 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 1,367 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

ADAF00D1-AA88-4CBA-B5F5-635F4E407046 (resized).jpeg
Ball1 (resized).jpg
Screen (resized).jpg
Ball2 (resized).jpg
Screen2 (resized).jpg
52707863-FA40-4711-B0D6-A86FC912615C (resized).png
9E8A673B-D4AB-4D24-8ED8-FC55FCA034A0 (resized).jpeg
1DBF8770-DEB3-41A6-8DCD-B36943B16F21 (resized).jpeg
049469D1-DFE5-43B1-B5C7-41D3E0C289E8 (resized).jpeg
20200304_084910 (resized).jpg
C8C6E50A-7579-481C-A043-0E525F8E6A9F (resized).jpeg
Wizard of Oz Escape 094 (resized).jpg
Wizard of Oz Escape 081 (resized).jpg
Wizard of Oz Escape 064(1) (resized).jpg
Wizard of Oz Escape 052(1) (resized).jpg
Wizard of Oz Escape 046(1) (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

8 key posts have been marked in this topic

Post #1 Key posted, but no summary given Posted by TigerLaw (5 years ago)

Post #2584 Fan Replacement details Posted by bhwolf (3 years ago)

Post #7017 How to tell if your WOZ has 2.0 boards Posted by f3honda4me (1 year ago)

Post #7022 Balls not making it to shooter lane from trough - Fix Posted by LTG (1 year ago)

Post #7126 Location of the latest software update/version Posted by mavantix (11 months ago)

Post #7128 Update 7.01 notes - released April 16, 2019 Posted by thewool (11 months ago)

Post #7752 Fan Replacement how to and links Posted by f3honda4me (10 months ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider shiffdog.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#956 4 years ago
Quoted from DCFAN:

I recommend Titan competition silicone, especially for that ring that takes a beating from the slingshot.
https://www.titanpinball.com/index.php?route=product/product&product_id=52

I'll second that. The website is great - I just ordered one of the user-defined rubber kits for my WOZ (the "easy-to-install" kit) and it was shipped out the next day. It looks great installed so I am planning to order more to install in some of the more challenging spots.

The online WOZ manual is a great resource if you want to construct your own kit. (pages C76-77)

4 months later
#1127 4 years ago
Quoted from Nokoro:

Hi all. My new WoZ is coming tomorrow. Are there any adjustments that most people find they need to make that I should be on the look out for? Things like sling and flipper power settings and the like?

I dialed down the tree bumpers and the state fair bumper just a bit, and also reduced the strength of the castle/winkie VUK so the ball just makes it up and over. (When it was too strong the ball would sometimes squirt through the rails and tumble back down onto the main playfield.) Another one to look at is the strength of the munchkinland flipper. At factory settings mine is strong enough to get two loops per flip, which I assume is the intent of the designers, but if you want to increase difficulty you could reduce the strength so that only one loop is possible per flip.

4 weeks later
#1367 3 years ago
Quoted from Pimp77:

Rainbow horses are wild cards and can count as a different or same color, depending on what your going for. Cows I think might be wildcards too?

Cows are just another color of "horse" (i.e., they are not wild). But they are the most valuable color. HOADC is explained fully here (starting on page 13):

http://papa.org/wp-content/uploads/WOZ-Rulesheet-Version-1-26.pdf

2 months later
#1640 3 years ago
Quoted from Nokoro:

I switched to Titan silicon flipper rubbers. They look great, are much cleaner, and handle quite well.

Same here - a worthwhile (and inexpensive) upgrade in my opinion. I switched out all five flipper rubbers, post sleeves and all of the easily accessible rubber rings. Started with yellow on the main flippers but then decided red looked better with the ruby slippers.

1 week later
#1728 3 years ago
Quoted from Nokoro:

Yes, get the ball into the slings and hope for the best.
In other words, no.

Right...or wait for Glinda to take care of it.

1 year later
#4597 2 years ago

My auto-launcher strikes the ball left-of-center (i.e., the launcher needs to move to the right) but it doesn't seem like it's really adjustable. Can anyone recommend any tricks? I'm hoping this will result in fewer launches failing to travel cleanly around to the bumpers.

1 year later
#7294 11 months ago

Since installing version 7 my game is awarding HOADC groupings when I plunge a ball (as if I had made the shot behind the upper flipper). If I do a full plunge (i.e., not a short plunge for the witch skill shot, it's giving me credit for the horse that is lit for the right orbit, and adding it to my HOADC group. Anyone else seeing this behavior?

6 months later
#9465 4 months ago
Quoted from chalkup8:

I haven't got the special award in many many plays.Is it just a matter of completing the letters 'wizard' for the throne room more often ?
I searched the menu looking for a % feature like what you have with the end of game score match to no avail.
The special feature give such a great effect when it happens.

I have my replay award set to ‘Light Special’ so I get to see that light show more frequently than just an occasional wizard award. (I have my special award set to ‘Points’.)

1 month later
#9744 71 days ago
Quoted from Rager170:

Hey guys,
I noticed last night that my white rubber ring by the OZ lanes is getting cut by the slingshot kicker. Need to buy a new one. Suggestions?
Also, the part number from JJP looks to say 25-2003-32-0 but it calls it a "Black rubber ring - 2 inches". Is that correct, 2 inches?

Mine also broke fairly soon after I got it. I replaced it with a Titan silicone ring and turned down the slingshot power by a notch or two. I have not had a problem since.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider shiffdog.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside