767a905f-f768-44f4-b3e3-b2998967ff3c_text.gif
Photo Mar 30 2024, 5 42 30 PM (resized).jpg
20240316_125739 (resized).jpg
20240314_221748 (resized).jpg
20240314_215727 (resized).jpg
841FD4A1-7C8E-4E32-973D-DD8D05C4902E (resized).png
3D72BC84-0D17-44A1-B683-A17D4B722FF3 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

12 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #1 Key posted, but no summary given Posted by TigerLaw (10 years ago)

Post #2584 Fan Replacement details Posted by bhwolf (7 years ago)

Post #7017 How to tell if your WOZ has 2.0 boards Posted by f3honda4me (5 years ago)

Post #7022 Balls not making it to shooter lane from trough - Fix Posted by LTG (5 years ago)

Post #7126 Location of the latest software update/version Posted by mavantix (5 years ago)

Post #7128 Update 7.01 notes - released April 16, 2019 Posted by thewool (5 years ago)

Post #7752 Fan Replacement how to and links Posted by f3honda4me (4 years ago)

Post #11015 Adjustment advice for the monkey Posted by LTG (3 years ago)

Post #12537 7.03 Code Release Posted by bobukcat (2 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider rockrand.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#65 10 years ago

My new favorite game,I was not sure but after 3.0 and playing it for a while,i am hooked and it is always been my wifes fav for sure,Not going anywhere

1 year later
#796 8 years ago

With what is out there now for sale anybody that does not believe woz is a master piece is in the confused section,come on,it is far from perfect but a master piece none the less

1 month later
#867 8 years ago

Is the wood apron hand signed or facsimiles

1 month later
#905 8 years ago

I have an older standard and have had one light board go in 2 years,sounds like newer ones are having more problums than Mine and I am one more that does not like the fax similes for the signatures on the le and I am fine with stainless steel trim and not the green look

1 year later
#3270 7 years ago

I don't have the time to look through this thread but I just found out about woz 2.0 that has been new light bords like in the Hobbit,very good news for new buyers,very very good news

#3276 7 years ago
Quoted from arcadenerd925:

can anyone elaborate on this?

Woz has had light board problems from the start,they have done there best to patch it up with newer boards ect but the hobbit has a redesigned light board system that is much more reliable so now they are making the new woz games with that system.more reliable

Great news.

#3277 7 years ago
Quoted from DCFAN:

Wow if true. I wonder how much they would charge to change the whole thing out.

Very expensive and time consuming as of now but in the future it may be possible

1 week later
#3351 7 years ago

Is it true if you have the buffered boards you are good to go? Or are those sill going out

4 months later
#4038 6 years ago

The light boards are always in the back of most people's minds so see if the used game has buffered boards, if so you should be good and lots will ask if you resell, but if you have the dough and plan on keeping for a while I would go 2.0

1 week later
#4098 6 years ago

Masterpiece imho

1 week later
#4144 6 years ago

I like the standards stainless trim and ramps more than green or ruby but to each his own and I like the standards topper better.

Game is a masterpiece imho

3 months later
#4472 6 years ago
Quoted from coz6:

Love this game but the light board problem makes me insane sometimes. All upgraded to version 2 of version one and still have them go out random - home use it's frustrating. I just wanted to play tonight and nope under the hood. Rant complete

I don't understand what version 2 of version 1 is about,are your new boards buffered?

#4480 6 years ago
Quoted from coz6:

Love this game but the light board problem makes me insane sometimes. All upgraded to version 2 of version one and still have them go out random - home use it's frustrating. I just wanted to play tonight and nope under the hood. Rant complete

I went through all the trouble to up grade my game to buffered boards also and have been fine so I am sorry to hear you are still having light board problems

3 weeks later
#4600 6 years ago

I have a set of mod fathers castle walls for sale in the market place.

1 week later
#4653 6 years ago

Never seen dile for 8500 shipped,9000 shipped is the going price unless you know somebody that can do a deal like that.more power to you if you can

Also don't get hung up on trim color,they also is a standard with a nice topper and stainless trim,what you need to look for is buffered boards and then trim,unless you can get a used 2.0

#4661 6 years ago

When the game first came out it was 5 v and then the board troubles started and jjp thought if they changed to 7.5 it would fix or help the trouble and it did Not, so then they started with the buffered boards and that helped a lot but still not trouble free so they redesigned the system to 2.0 for hobbit and starting by in dec 2016 all woz games changed to 2.0 and now jjp is going to offer the 2.0 kit for folks that want to upgrade there games,I swapped all my 5v boards to buffered and have had to trouble since

1 week later
#4794 6 years ago

I love the support Woz has recieved and have had mine from the very beginning and really feel keefer will do the same for the hobbit in time.

2 weeks later
#4890 6 years ago

Just Installed spinny vinnys Woz cauldron and walls,just fantastic and well worth the wait it also has LEDs in the back wall and the cauldron is under lit also very nice,so talented.i have my mod father walls for sale in the market place

image (resized).jpegimage (resized).jpeg

2 weeks later
#5000 6 years ago
Quoted from Bos98:

I have finally landed in Oz!
Brought home a really nice 2.0 Woz standard.
Fixed up the Winkie drop target switch issues it had and reconnected all the audio and video connections and now the game is perfect.
Picked up second hand castle walls which I got installed today and have the upgraded Wicked Witch on its way from over seas.
My family loves it too and we have been playing it all weekend.
I would love some Invisiglass but I just can’t justify the cost. Maybe I will pull the sheet I have off my Indy.

Glad my mod father walls are being used again on your new 2.0,enjoy your Woz it is a classic.

2 weeks later
#5031 6 years ago

Looks lie you are going to learn to remove that playfield early in your ownership,done sweat it not bad at all

3 weeks later
#5177 6 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

The older small boards are available on their website : 7.5 or 5 volts - http://store.jerseyjackpinball.com/Parts/Wizard-of-Oz-Parts/
If it's the 2.0 boards, best call. 732-364-9900 ext. 1 ask for Paul.
LTG : )

Loyd did you ever finish the 2.0 conversion,I thought you were sent a kit?

2 weeks later
#5271 6 years ago

Them instructions don't tell you there is a clip on the side of the holder facing the player and you just need to use the tape to make sure you don't drop the battery and mess up a part in the board I was having fits before I realized this fact about the release.

4 years later
#13713 1 year ago

I have standard with the topper but I thought it would light up but mine does not,I do not see any wires going to it,I am sure it should light?

I was told by seller it lights up,where should I start?
Thanks

#13715 1 year ago

Can someone please post a pictures of the standard light bar for topper or are the lights directly under the topper
Thanks

#13717 1 year ago

Thanks wire unplugged

#13718 1 year ago

Does anyone know if the throne room black bezel still available?
Thanks

#13774 1 year ago

I am so excited when I walk up to my 2.0 game and know it will work as intended and I do not have to worry about lighting issues.

#13795 1 year ago

What size legs came on woz.28 or 31 in.
Thanks

#13826 1 year ago
Quoted from LTG:

Thank you.
I signed up on Instagram. Now how do I find this ?
LTG : )

I searched bringltgback and nothing!

1 week later
#13901 1 year ago

My monkey home switch will not work,I checked continuity and change the diode and than the whole switch,I have rarely see a bad switch but I am not sure where to go ,I am great at mechanics but this is it for my electrical skills,

I hope it’s not the io board,

Thanks

#13903 1 year ago
Quoted from rockrand:

My monkey home switch will not work,I checked continuity and change the diode and than the whole switch,I have rarely see a bad switch but I am not sure where to go ,I am great at mechanics but this is it for my electrical skills,
I hope it’s not the io board,
Thanks

I found a broken wire after checking the continuity again for good measure and boom no beep on the return so all good and monkey can find his home.

Thanks loyd

2 months later
#14111 1 year ago

You will get it fixed such a classic!

4 weeks later
#14227 1 year ago
Quoted from deejaypee:

Great suggestions! I’m not going to try them though and here is why:
During this month of the woz being unplayable, as I pored over every single switch, solder, wire, and diode, I got a few error notices that I fixed while I was going over the game again and again. Nothing big, the castle playfield eos wasn’t registering, the plumb bob wasn’t registering, etc. After nearly a month of this and 8 hours on Saturday, I took Sunday off and reflected that at least I’d taken care of a couple of things during this time. Then I remembered that I’d also gotten a wifi communication error a couple of times but didn’t sweat it because, well, what did I care about Scorbit when I couldn’t even play the game?
THEN it dawned on me that the matrix switches were communicated from the I/O board to the motherboard by USB, and of course the wifi dongle is USB, and I figured what the heck, so last night I went down and unplugged the wifi dongle and turned the game
on.
No more problems. Even the flickering lights were solid again. On the chance that it was a fluke, I let it be and tried it a few times today. Everything is perfect. It looks like all my constantly triggering switches and flickering lights were caused by some communication mixup brought on by my wifi dongle.
I have the one everyone here recommends—the TP-Link Nano AC600 USB Wifi Adapter. I’m glad it works for most of us, but if you ever start having crazy problems in your game, yank that sucker and see if everything goes away!
Apologies and thanks to everyone who helped this past month. The woz is back in business!

I also go back to the last thing I did to a game after it started to not work correctly!in your case the dongle I am sorry you had to go through so much pain to find this is the problem!enjoy.

1 week later
#14263 1 year ago

If it’s the monkey sense it can be a real pain in the ass to get it in the correct position!

Quoted from Rager170:

I just dont know if I could justify the cost of $500 for that. Crazy money.

I would believe he paid a lot more than 500.00 for that one.yes it would be great to have more of them or even someone else make a version of a flying monkey .we can only hope!

#14268 1 year ago

Good for you,there is no patent on the monkey mod and there is a demand and the orginal maker says no more for the for foreseeable future.

I want the first one!

#14283 1 year ago
Quoted from DiabloRush:

Spoke a bit too soon. Had a longer game, 25 min. Same lights froze up. I took a picture so I can ID the board that seems to be the problem. I'll go do a bit of troubleshooting and see if I can find a workaround.
edit: traced the lighting daisy-chain to the suspect bad board. Was one of the small boards at the front of the chain (#29) Swapped it for a board at the end of the chain, and all has been trouble-free over a couple of hours of play.

I went from 5.0 to 7.5 to 2.0 and that fixed it for good!

3 weeks later
#14340 1 year ago
Quoted from DiabloRush:

Question for those that have upgraded to 2.0 lighting: how much dimmer is the whole package? I've got the 7.5V buffered boards in my game (and a backup set of boards purchased as spares). An opportunity arose to pickup a 2.0 lighting kit, and I jumped on it. I can't decide if I should upgrade or keep the 2.0 kit as ultimate insurance, and continue with the 7.5 boards until they were no longer viable. One of the nicest features of my WOZ is the fantastic and bright light shows (such as the all-green Forest mode with red-light shots).
My understanding is the 7.5V kits are brighter overall, and you take a bit of an light intensity hit with the 2.0 system. Is this noticeable? I actually love working on my pins, so upgrading to 2.0 would be a fun project. My 7.5V system has been mainly reliable, but it does freeze up ocassionaly in longer games. Not having that happen would be nice, too. I'm truly undecided on
which way to go with my absolutely pristine ECLE WOZ. (BTW, *LOVE* this game) Thanks.

I understand it’s the gi that is in question not the playfield Inserts,I have not seen anything but I would believe where you play like in a lit room or in the dark etc! .

2 weeks later
#14416 1 year ago

That is always a very very good feeling!

1 month later
#14548 1 year ago

Can we see a
Picture

1 month later
#14627 1 year ago

2.0. Very very very important to buyers! Adds a lot to price.

#14635 1 year ago
Quoted from Enchantress:

What are the odds that's there's a NIB WOZ out there that someone may want to trade for a PFLE or something of equal value?

Good luck,I believe that the only woz that came with 2.0 is ybr

1 week later
#14656 1 year ago
Quoted from bsbdmd83:

Thanks for the help- got it in and working. Now if I can locate a flying monkey

i understand there is a different version on its way from someone with lots of more options and a remote for lighting and colors and more,I have been wanting one for ages and and very happy someone else decided to fill the void!

8 months later
#15004 4 months ago

I am pretty sure woz was the only game with those light boards

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

Lighting - Interactive
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 115.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 43.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 85.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

14,685 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Northport, NY
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 5.00
Machine - For Sale
Warner Robins, GA
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 29.99
Hardware
Classic Game Rooms

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 130.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

9,300 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Santa Maria, CA
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 29.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 91.00

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider rockrand.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/woz-fan-club-members-only?tu=rockrand and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.