767a905f-f768-44f4-b3e3-b2998967ff3c_text.gif
Photo Mar 30 2024, 5 42 30 PM (resized).jpg
20240316_125739 (resized).jpg
20240314_221748 (resized).jpg
20240314_215727 (resized).jpg
841FD4A1-7C8E-4E32-973D-DD8D05C4902E (resized).png
3D72BC84-0D17-44A1-B683-A17D4B722FF3 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

12 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #1 Key posted, but no summary given Posted by TigerLaw (10 years ago)

Post #2584 Fan Replacement details Posted by bhwolf (7 years ago)

Post #7017 How to tell if your WOZ has 2.0 boards Posted by f3honda4me (5 years ago)

Post #7022 Balls not making it to shooter lane from trough - Fix Posted by LTG (5 years ago)

Post #7126 Location of the latest software update/version Posted by mavantix (5 years ago)

Post #7128 Update 7.01 notes - released April 16, 2019 Posted by thewool (5 years ago)

Post #7752 Fan Replacement how to and links Posted by f3honda4me (4 years ago)

Post #11015 Adjustment advice for the monkey Posted by LTG (3 years ago)

Post #12537 7.03 Code Release Posted by bobukcat (2 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider robobot.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#10630 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinball-Pat:

[quoted image]
Has anyone had trouble with the mounting brackets in the Woz 2.0 light kits. I think the bracket was manufactured incorrectly compared to the pic in the instructions. Any workarounds anyone had to do?

Yes. They were manufactured wrong. Just went through there same thing, but made them work. No choice.

#10670 3 years ago

Hey all, I put MM WOZ Pots on my pin and they really seem to wash out the OZ. Wondering if that's normal or if the LED strip is failing. I did align it under the original OZ plastic. Appreciate the help.

#10671 3 years ago
Quoted from adol75:

2.0 lights for sure, then run the following tests :
- Castle door open, close and switch register. See if the doors close all the way
- Monkey mech up, down and catches ball
- Check the coil settings, and where they are compared to their default level
Regarding the 2.0 lights, I still can't get an answer regarding the eventual differences between factory installed and upgrade kit installed at home. People who did the swap from a 1.X kit noticed the 2.0 weren't as bright, but I have no idea if it has to do with the 2.0 or with the upgrade kit specifically.
Other than that you surely won't regret getting one !

2.0 is not nearly as bright as 7.5. Just did install.

#10679 3 years ago

Hey all, so looking for some help and back to JJP next week. Just upgraded my late '15 woz se to 2.0 from 7.5. Disappointment on how the 2.0 lighting was so dim. I did increase the led to high and it helped a bit, but very disappointing overall. 7.5 was much brighter in my opinion like many videos show.

Now I'm noticing as I mentioned earlier the munchkin land spotlight is half as bright as the castle one and OZ is barely green at all. I have woz pots on and thought the pots caused the issue, but I disconnected them today and just plugged in the lights as original. No difference. Then just tried the flood then the oz. No improvement. So that's problem 2.

Problem 3 is the machine did something totally weird today twice. Screen, flippers and start went out. Lights were on. Kinda like when your car runs out of gas and your stuck in neutral. Wow, just dated myself. Anyhow, I turned off pin and restarted. Played a game and same thing. Turned it off for a couple hours and have been playing problem free all night. As far as problem 3 goes.

#4: And as long as I'm here, the witch is really intermittent. Some days, lights all day long. Other days like tonight, didn't activate once. Switch test always show them as stuck. Saw another thread on that and will give adjusting plates a try.

Any advice on 1,2, 3 or 4? Was going look into pinstadium to help resolve 1 and nearly bought tonight, but that won't resolve the internal issues and not sure I want to glue onto pinblades or stick hovers on the board.

Barry at JJP thought it may have been a power issue for the lights, but gave me no direction on how to address after emailing back. Whating to hear back for a week now. Will try again next week with their move and all.

Game's amazing. Best out there in my opinion, and we are hoping for the best.

Thanks all.

#10691 3 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Bad LED or LED strip, poor connection.
LTG : )

LTG, thanks for responding. So my thoughts too. But both? We're fine before pots install and maybe 2.0. They were kinda back to back. I unplugged one, then the other. Guess one way is to run lamp at castle And see if it's brighter. Thought I heard somewhere to test power going to that area. Thanks for input. Open to any thoughts on rest. Appreciated.

#10771 3 years ago
Quoted from Kkoss24:

Back to the subject how woukd I see what lighting system I have ,I’ve been looking .Born 11/25/15.Ive been buying stuff I need and some mods to install going to clean/wax machine take my time and do it right and all at once .I have 2 issues only besides lil stuff I’ve been on here before with it and kept all sent to me through emails thanks to all .They are out of LED strip for the wizzard which is problem 1 that’s easy enough .Problem 2 is the NB in rainbow stay red and I want to be 100% sure that I need new board I’m looking for any advice on a McGiver tyke fix for this thss as is again and best to all!!!

Most likely a bad board. Had n do same in mind. I applied slight pressure to led and it worked fine. Actually wedged a small piece of clear plastic between led and the rainbow plastic before my upgrade arrived. Don't recommend that PITA effort . If you have 7.5, don't upgrade until you absolutely have to.

Just a crazy thought in hindsight. I had the same thing happen to an led in my stern ST flood lamp. I applied a little crazy glue to hold it place while I applied pressure. Perfecto! Can't explain, but it has held for a month now and wished I had tried before I bought 2.0 upgrade.

#10772 3 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

I think I found the answer, searching pinside revealed a loose crystal ball cable can cause this and mine turned out to be 1/2 off when I checked it.
WOOT

Just saw this. Yep! That's exactly the problem. Crazy how it is all tied together.

2 months later
#11068 3 years ago
Quoted from Navystan:

Reporting back for duty...
1. I picked up #130 of 1,000 WoZ SE. It has 1.0 7.5V boards, but lights seem to work fine. I guess I should get 2.0 kit just in case for the future?
2. Owner never did code updates. Had 3.0 (?). I upgraded to 7.02 and had issues with monkey mech. Mike said "grease the monkey." that got it moving again, but then magnet sense not working. Saw post from LTG about troubleshooting and found the fix to just flip magnet. That did the trick!
3. Now, my last issue. Castle doors. The right door now doesn't open. I'm guessing I have to remove castle playfield (E3 of manual)? Then, I can see why the right door is not opening? It worked when I first got the machine. Could the code update from 3 to 7 cause the problem? Any ideas on how I should proceed to troubleshoot and fix the right door?
Thanks team WoZ!

Re #1: Beware. 2.0 boards are not as bright as 7.5. I made the jump and regret it. Buy backup 7.5 until Jack decides to fix 2.0 issues with GIs. There's a difference!

5 months later
#12201 3 years ago

Hey all, looking for some help. Is anyone else having issues with balls getting stuck in munchkinland? It's random, but becoming more frequent. During play, I often have to open the coin door in order for the lover to release the balls. Sometimes that doesn't even do it and I have to pull the glass and manually lift the lever to release the balls. it used to be a blue moon issue, but is becoming more and more frequent. Any suggestions would be appreciated! Thank you.

#12204 3 years ago

Thanks to both of you. Knew LTG would know right away. Well, Scott's munchkinland arrived today so it's a good time to get er done! It's a great looking mod.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 5.00
Machine - For Sale
St. Clair Shores, MI
$ 29.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 199.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 85.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 345.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

11,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Burlingame, CA
$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 16.95
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

14,685 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Northport, NY
$ 130.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 115.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

Machine - For Sale
Warner Robins, GA
$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 29.99
Hardware
Classic Game Rooms

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider robobot.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/woz-fan-club-members-only?tu=robobot and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.