20240314_215727 (resized).jpg
841FD4A1-7C8E-4E32-973D-DD8D05C4902E (resized).png
3D72BC84-0D17-44A1-B683-A17D4B722FF3 (resized).jpeg
WOZ lightboard 2 (resized).jpg
WOZ lightboard 1 (resized).jpg
20240309_110050 (resized).jpg
IMG_8924 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

12 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #1 Key posted, but no summary given Posted by TigerLaw (10 years ago)

Post #2584 Fan Replacement details Posted by bhwolf (7 years ago)

Post #7017 How to tell if your WOZ has 2.0 boards Posted by f3honda4me (5 years ago)

Post #7022 Balls not making it to shooter lane from trough - Fix Posted by LTG (5 years ago)

Post #7126 Location of the latest software update/version Posted by mavantix (5 years ago)

Post #7128 Update 7.01 notes - released April 16, 2019 Posted by thewool (5 years ago)

Post #7752 Fan Replacement how to and links Posted by f3honda4me (4 years ago)

Post #11015 Adjustment advice for the monkey Posted by LTG (3 years ago)

Post #12537 7.03 Code Release Posted by bobukcat (2 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinstadium.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#3868 6 years ago

For anyone interested, here is a B&A of the Pin Stadium kits installed on my machine.

woz_led_lighting_pinball (resized).pngwoz_led_lighting_pinball (resized).png

#3871 6 years ago
Quoted from Nokoro:

Just posted this in your other thread, but I would love seeing a picture from the side to see how these are installed on the left, around the castle wall area.
Also, the level of brightness is adjustable, is that right?

I wasn't sure which thread you would see. I posted here also. I took a couple pictures of the clearance and mounting you want to see near the castle walls for your RR WOZ

image (resized).jpegimage (resized).jpeg

image (resized).jpegimage (resized).jpeg

#3872 6 years ago
Quoted from Nokoro:

Also, the level of brightness is adjustable, is that right?

Yes you can adjust them from 0-100% brightness too

#3874 6 years ago
Quoted from Radius118:

Is there enough clearance to lift the playfield or does the light strip have to be removed first?
How are they attached? I read something about magnets but how does this work? It can't be using the cabinet trim as that is stainless and in theory shouldn't be magnetic. Even if it is there is the wood between the light strip and the side trim.

The unique design of the Pin Stadium lights is in the Magna-Mount system which magnetically mounts them to the inside of the pinball cabinet itself just below the track of the glass on each side. This allows for very simple removal and re-application when raising and lowering the playfield for maintenance, it just takes a couple seconds.

#3884 6 years ago

You should be very proud of your daughter to be able to achieve such a high score!! That's awesome.

5 months later
#4536 6 years ago

I wanted to share some before and after pics and a video of WOZ with the Pin Stadium lights installed. Many have installed these on there machines, but I have received several emails asking about being able to adjust them so I am posting this up here. The colored (these give the color cast) and white lights (this is what provides the illumination) are independently adjustable from 0-100% for brightness inside the Pin Stadium app. This way you can dial it into your liking and still create a nice eerie glow while being able to see the playfield too!

The lights generate their own Wifi signal so that you can connect to them with the app. This is plug and play custom designed setup for WOZ, no surgery involved and about a 15 minute install time. If you have any questions feel free to shoot me an email at [email protected] and visit www.pinstadium.com also for more information:

wizard of oz UV+Glow (resized).jpgwizard of oz UV+Glow (resized).jpg

wizard of oz_pinball_led (resized).jpgwizard of oz_pinball_led (resized).jpg

#4554 6 years ago
Quoted from GrimDog:

Looking for price help. What would be a fair price on a ECLE w less than 200 plays and 7.5 rev 1.1 light boards with these mods
castle walls, Toto, tornado, pdi target decals, and the emerald city mod
?

PM sent!

#4576 6 years ago
Quoted from RobKnapp:

To Buy or Not to buy . I read the last (7) pages of this thread . The good news a lot of support on this thread .The bad . It look like it is needed . I am lousy technician. There seem many (issues) with this WOZ pinball from what I just read over the last (7) pages . It is my "Grail" pinball. Not sure it is a fit for a person that is just not technically inclined.

JJP just update did everything to a very reliable 2.0 system that really improved many things. I'd say pull the trigger if you are on the fence as all of their new machines have this. The game is truly amazing.

#4579 6 years ago
Quoted from RobKnapp:

Scott thank you for your input .

You are welcome!

Quoted from Nokoro:

JJP tech support is second to none. Get your grail pin and enjoy. Plenty of help will be avaialable if you need it.

I concur that they offer absolutely incredible friendly support every time. It's excellent customer service and very personable. They care and always take care of the customer every time.

#4581 6 years ago
Quoted from RobKnapp:

Honestly It is when I have to start to take off mini playfields or lots of upper playfield part that I fall short. My TZ mini playfield have had the center insert light socket burnt out for years. My StarTrek LE STERN put one POP bumper LED half way under the Vengeance Ship Mech . I can live with those issues But WOZ to rebuild a flipper or change the back sling . Castle Door stuck . It may never happen but as many say on here and it is true " Its Pinball" . I guess I am intimidated by WOZ . But I could do it if I put my mind to it . And it was not in my main pinball room were my pinballs are so close together 5 on one wall 4 on the opposite wall . I have to put it in my so called Dining room to have room to work .

Wow you have an excellent collection and just keep in mind that there are thousands of these WOZ's out there and if at times on these posts there seem to be a lot of issues it really is not in the grand scheme of things. It's just a good place to congregate to have others to help out. My WOZ is a July 2013 production model and I had a couple things that needed fixed since I have owned it, but JJP took care and it was all very doable. You will be happy that you did get this game and never look back either. It's a game that just stays in a collection and I am a lover of DMD era Bally Williams games too, but this trumps them even.

2 weeks later
#4665 6 years ago
Quoted from GrimDog:

Picked up my WOZ today. Snowed in all weekend so it’s time to practice

That’s awesome and perfect timing!

#4679 6 years ago
Quoted from GrimDog:

It doesn’t seem to be hitting anything.
Auto plunge shoots it right through to the pops. It’s just when I manual plunge it has issues getting through sometimes.

It sounds like your spring maybe have come loose or is worn? I might need to be repositioned and stretched a little if you don’t have a replacement handy.

Also I have attached a pic of the shooter rod and put green arrows on the 3 screws to loosen and adjust if you need to do that to make sure the tip of the rod is hitting right in the middle of the ball.

Also you could replace the rubber tip too. One or all of these should fix it.

6F6D4B31-8B33-4688-BB05-4D22D4ADBAA4 (resized).jpeg6F6D4B31-8B33-4688-BB05-4D22D4ADBAA4 (resized).jpeg

#4710 6 years ago
Quoted from GrimDog:

Looks like 28 is bad too. I wish I had a set of test wires that was like 6’ long to help in this process

Did this all start to happen at once when you were getting in there to adjust the shooter rod?

#4712 6 years ago
Quoted from GrimDog:

Hah. No. I was playing a game (grand champion game dammit) and half the field locked green. Upon reboot, the half that was locked green went full strobe light disco inferno.

Oh no GC was going to happen! I was just trying to figure out if something got bumped. The good news is about WOZ that when something goes out it seems like the world is falling apart because everything looks haywire but it really is just one little thing (usually one board bad or a wire/connector on the board loose). So don’t regret your purchase and just know that it’s going to get fixed very easily.

You have an incredible game that just needs a little fix to get it back to 100%. It’s a heck of a game and one of the tops. Keep us all posted, as everyone will chime in and help.

I would try to unplug and plug back in the boards that you think are bad (and do the one next to it to be safe if you are unsure) and then turn them back on in the settings if they have been disabled. It could be a loose wire or connection and start working again. If not you may need a board but try this first.

#4719 6 years ago
Quoted from moonduckie78:

I had several issues with my WOZ when it was new, but with the help of the JJP Support Team, and some really awesome people on this website, everything got fixed, and I MUST SAY, working on this machine taught me SOOO MUCH about repairing pinball. I'm relatively new to ownership, and truthfully, the knowledge and the CONFIDENCE necessary to tinker around underneath these playfields, which this game gave me rather quickly, is almost priceless IMO and I am actually THANKFUL that my machine had a few relatively minor issues which had to be worked through. Otherwise, I'd still be scared stiff (LOL) dreading the day something goes wrong.

When things did occur on my WOZ, I was previously just well versed with the DMD era Bally/Williams. After something came up with my WOZRR, I contacted support at JJP to see if they could help. Frank got on the phone and walked me through diligently and kindly on how to fix/test and replace. They also sent me a new piece for a fix that I didn't even know that I would need down the road. Excellent service and I agree that I learned a lot, and if you can do it on these highly advanced JJP machines then you can do it on anything.

The forums are so helpful and in those moments it's good to see the many positive aspects of Pinside. It's all what we make it and if anyone uses it negatively then it really just reflects on some unhealed portion of themselves to others. It's pretty clear then, but much more clear when everyone is truly helping each other out to resolve issue to get thing going! Nothing is worse than a downed machine. Your world seems to stop for a moment. The whole reason Robin built Pinside was for making things better and I have seen this thread (and others) have such great people chime in along with LTG from JJP as always lending a helping hand.

Looking forward to more JJP products and the legacy games they are creating!

#4724 6 years ago
Quoted from Chitownpinball:

My rrwoz still has an odd lighting issue on start up at times. Only the upper playfield inserts will light. I used to have to open the machine and jiggle the wire loom up the middle of the playfield, but now i found i can just nudge the machine a bit until it pops back on. Ive never been able to track down any loose connectors. Very odd.
Im also still having issues with the sound. The rca/mini jack issue seems to be whats going on. I lose callouts and low end and I have to mess with the rca jacks and mini jack to get it back.
Any tips on either of these issues?

I would suggest reseating all connectors on each board one at a time and then opening up the computer tower in the bottom of the cabinet and reseating the connectors on the board and going into the back(audio, 12v, etc). Power off of course. See if anything improves and let us know.

#4736 6 years ago
Quoted from dirtbag66:

Okay, new issue with my winged monkey. Seems like the first one or two times he goes down, he goes down VERY slowly. Then after picking up the ball, there's this terrible screeching sound, then he heads back up even slower. He never makes it all the way up, and the ball drops down to the playfield. After that, he seems to work just fine (goes down quickly, picks ball up no problem, travels back up quickly and deposits the ball). Is this some sort of "warming up" I don't know about? Do I need to lubricate anything to stop the short screeching sound?
Thanks!

I had this issue and just lube the pole he rides up on with some white lithium grease and you will be good to go!

#4766 6 years ago
Quoted from Pinballomatic:

==============================================================================
== Version 6.60 December 12, 2017 ==
==============================================================================
=== Game Code
* Improved initialization for 2.0 LED system on older motherboards
* Fixed lamp effects on Skill Shot and Toto Escapes
* Tweaked lamp color in TNPLH to be more sepia-ish
* Don't show Today's High Scores page if there are none to show
* Removed adjustment to kick out locked balls at game over (always ON now)
* Toto Escapes: drop target now stays up (just like TNPLH)
+ Added some sounds to a few targets that were silent
+ Added some speech in a few places
* Winkie Drop target knockdown coil hit softer on first kick
=== Core Code
* Fixed audio mixing issue that resulted in distorted sounds
* Fixed ball tracking error caused by losing ball from lockup during ballsaver
+ Added CUSTOMIZATION sub-menu under UTILITIES in Diagnostics
* Fixed a drain/tilt condition that could cause a game to hang
* Suppress knocker when Match is skipped via start button (on free play only)
+ Added check for switches stuck closed/open at power up
+ Added check for any opto switch working at power up; multiball devices will
not kick if no opto switch working
+ Added display message at power up if Test Report error detected
* Trough will abandon kicking after a while
+ Added check for all trough switches closed (including jam); trough will not
kick when this condition detected (likely a failure of the trough board);
game will not start during this condition, and a Trough Error message is
displayed
* Multiball devices will abandon kicking with coin door open now; abandoned
devices will kick when door is closed
+ Added Knocker Strength adjustment
* Turned on Test Report "dot" Paid Play preset
* Turned off Today's High Scores for Paid Play preset
* Fixed "Last Game Scores" displaying after Factory Reset
* Removed erroneous "Coin Door Open at Init" logger event when exiting Diag
* Hide Pindemption presets when not enabled via dongle
+ Added Status Report Start Time adjustment
* Allow main screen scale/offset adjustment on all monitor types
=== OS
* Fix for screen freezing with older motherboards.

Exciting thanks for the good news!!

#4778 6 years ago
Quoted from Nokoro:

Thanks to all you guys for your continual commitment to code polish and bug fixes, especially this long after release. You are really unique in the current pinball community. It is one of the reasons why my next NIB purchase will almost definitely be a JJP.

That pretty much sums it up and it really is so true. It’s an honor to be able to play any JJP and you guys continually back the product on all avenues. Thank you!!

3 weeks later
#4973 6 years ago
Quoted from Chitownpinball:

Is there a PAPA/Bowen video for this game yet? I see the pre-release one,but I cant find an updated one.

There is not one yet, but looking forward to it too. The one you found is the latest by PAPA.

1 week later
#5003 6 years ago
Quoted from Bos98:

I have finally landed in Oz!
Brought home a really nice 2.0 Woz standard.
Fixed up the Winkie drop target switch issues it had and reconnected all the audio and video connections and now the game is perfect.
Picked up second hand castle walls which I got installed today and have the upgraded Wicked Witch on its way from over seas.
My family loves it too and we have been playing it all weekend.
I would love some Invisiglass but I just can’t justify the cost. Maybe I will pull the sheet I have off my Indy.

Congratulations on the new pin and getting it set up. It’s always good when the family can enjoy it too. WOZ is the perfect theme for that. Enjoy!!

#5005 6 years ago
Quoted from Bos98:

Rob Stone is doing my powder on it. I may order your pinstadium lights if I can free up some funds after driving down to pick up my parts from him.

That’s awesome!!! I would be happy to help you out with that. As far as the powder coating goes, Robert does excellent work. Very quality powder coating and I have some of his work on my machines. Plus he’s a nice guy and very helpful. What color are you going to do on your WOZ? You sort of have an open palette to choose from.

#5007 6 years ago
Quoted from Bos98:

He has done my Indy, Tom and a BSD I just sold. We have been discussing a fade up the legs from a metallic Yellow ala brick road to emerald green at the tops of the legs through to the rest of trim.
He is going to test on a sample leg when the colors arrive.

Yes has done 3 of my machines so far and I’m gradually getting through them all.

I like that idea (Very cool!) and would love to see it. I’m sure if anyone can do it he can. Please let us know how that goes and what it looks like. It’s cool you are doing something unique and having the standard cabinet trim gives you a great opportunity to do that. Exciting!!

1 week later
#5018 6 years ago
Quoted from mtp78:

Had an issue with castle exit wire form optics not working. I traced the issue to the orange wire on main optics board connector came out of the pigtail ..easy fix
At the time i noticed castle doors are now opening with only one impact...not the usual three....check all connectors. All good.... any thoughts ??????

I have not had this issue specifically but I did have a motor go out on my right castle door causing it not to open at all. Initially I thought it was an adjustment but turned out it was not. However after having that mini playfield off at least 7-8 times I became familiar with the layout of the doors. With that said one of my thoughts is that it sounds like maybe the switches got bumped during the fix or wires pulled the switch and it is stuck on(making contact). When you go into switch test does it show those castle doors switches activated?

To test the switch and the opening and closing of them to see if all is good you can manually press down on the metal release underneath and see how it registers. Check the wires and screws holding them. They may need adjustment. There are some pics of this assembly in this thread in the “image gallery” that will help.

Just some guesses.

#5020 6 years ago
Quoted from mtp78:

Thanks, i am going to reach out to Frank at JJP and see what he says ..I will report back after we find the cause

Sure thing let us know what he suspects.

#5029 6 years ago
Quoted from Wiggy:

A few pages back I made a post about our WOZ that was damaged when it arrived.
Yersterday we got our replacement and this time everything was a-ok.
The playfield is a bit dark for my taste though, need to add some light..

That is really good news and as always JJP is excellent with customer support. Congratulations and enjoy !!!

#5042 6 years ago
Quoted from moonduckie78:

Don't know if it's considered "normal", but for what it's worth, mine is like that too. 11/2016 build.

It is normal on mine too 7/2014 build, the right side it not flush but left one is. Seems like it's all okay and just a production process.

#5044 6 years ago
Quoted from apinballwiz:

Thank you both - feel better leaving well-enough alone now, and it appears to be tight.

You’re welcome and yes I just decided to leave mine alone too since it functions as it should.

#5062 6 years ago
Quoted from billsfanmd:

May have my armor plated....How difficult to remove side rails on my woz? I see the screws holding it on but thinking there is adhesive. Anyone have any trouble?

I would message Robertstone0407 as he is super knowledgeable with this and does great work. He is familiar with WOZ.

Scott
Pin Stadium
www.pinstadium.com

#5064 6 years ago
Quoted from woody76:

I was same way. It takes a minute to figure things out. I put up 1.2 million yesterday which I hear is a decent score. Got to melt the witch and choked.

That’s a very good score! You seem to be rocking some consistently good games. Witch melt is so high pressure and common to choke for sure.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 5.00
Machine - For Sale
Little River, SC
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 16.95
$ 85.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 29.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 43.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

Playfield - Other
RavSpec

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 115.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

11,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Burlingame, CA
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

Machine - For Sale
Jackson, MICHIGAN
Lighting - Led
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

14,356 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Roswell, GA
$ 9,800.00
Pinball Machine
Pixels Arcade Games

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinstadium.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/woz-fan-club-members-only?tu=pinstadium and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.