BBC45EB9-37B4-430E-B770-C8403A8E8F1F (resized).jpeg
E83552FC-D020-4B19-AB41-9BAECAE0F624 (resized).jpeg
WOZ Service.pdf (PDF preview)
Photo Feb 18 2024, 9 45 03 AM (resized).jpg
IMG_3923 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3924 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5353 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

12 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #1 Key posted, but no summary given Posted by TigerLaw (9 years ago)

Post #2584 Fan Replacement details Posted by bhwolf (7 years ago)

Post #7017 How to tell if your WOZ has 2.0 boards Posted by f3honda4me (4 years ago)

Post #7022 Balls not making it to shooter lane from trough - Fix Posted by LTG (4 years ago)

Post #7126 Location of the latest software update/version Posted by mavantix (4 years ago)

Post #7128 Update 7.01 notes - released April 16, 2019 Posted by thewool (4 years ago)

Post #7752 Fan Replacement how to and links Posted by f3honda4me (4 years ago)

Post #11015 Adjustment advice for the monkey Posted by LTG (3 years ago)

Post #12537 7.03 Code Release Posted by bobukcat (2 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pindufus.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#666 9 years ago
Quoted from pauloz:

Really???.....5 ball is for EM's

When you think about it, there's not much difference between 3 and 5 balls. It's a 'law of diminishing returns' kinda thing. Most of your free balls are earned on your 1st, 2nd and 3rd balls. Those 4th & 5th balls, at least for me, usually don't add a great deal to your score after all the freebies are gone. I was playing 5 balls and switched to 3 and the first game out of the chute turned out to be my all time high. Game times and scores are not materially different ever since the switch.

#667 9 years ago
Quoted from nosro:

Wow, I need to share this because it was such a rush.
I just earned five gems:
- Finish Emerald City Multiball
- Munchkin Multiball
- Haunted Forest Multiball
- 50 Yellow Brick Road
- Flipper Frenzy
I did NOT:
- Melt the witch
- Mega jackpot Rescue Multiball
- 10 Jackpots Fireball Frenzy
Game set to:
- 3 ball
- "Extra Easy" settings installed (hey, this is my machine. I'll set it the way I want)
- Extra ball at 50,000
The worst part of this is that "Somewhere Over The Rainbow" now seems within reach and I will probably spend the rest of my existence fruitlessly pursuing it, getting agonizingly closer each time. "Man's reach exceeds his grasp."
One thing I had not noticed before: after you finish the game, the attract screen that describes all the gems actually highlights the gems that were earned in the previous game and dims the ones that were not earned.
-------------------
What is the greatest number of gems you have earned?
6. Same as yours but I also got the Fireball Frenzy. The other two seem unattainable to me.

P5280005.JPG 33 KB

11 months later
#1055 8 years ago
Quoted from Chitownpinball:

So set to 3? Wow, champion. Nothing other than factory and 3 balls? Thats pretty impressive man.

Sure is. I've got mine set to 3 balls as well but am liberal on the extra ball settings. Just set another new high yesterday which was 2.3 Mil. Just about got to SWOTR. Had 7 of the diamonds but just couldn't get the Mega jackpot on Rescue to get that diamond. I still have yet to get a mega jackpot.

The new code that's being tested really gives you the opportunity for higher scores. The add-a-ball feature keeps your multiballs going much longer than before. When you stack a Haunted and/or Munchkin mode with a multiball, there's the potential for scoring great bonus points. Throw in a Crystal Ball mode and you're points are doubled. I've had a bonus of over 350K and I've heard others claim bonuses in the 1 Mil range.

I also just recently moved the post on the left outlane which has helped keep balls in play longer. I was getting frustrated with balls just falling into that vacuum sucking lane. I probably averaged one tilt per game just trying to nudge the machine to prevent that from happening. Now about 50% of those hit the rubber on the post and bounce back into play. Had to bend the metal ball guide just a bit to be able to move it to the outer most hole. I know the purists out there probably cringe at my easier-than-factory settings but it's the only way I'll ever be able to achieve SWOTR.

#1072 8 years ago
Quoted from Pimp77:

Too bad it's undownloadable...fails over and over.

Are you sure you're giving it a chance? It "sticks" at around file 29 for quite some time but eventually everything loads. Took me about 15 minutes.

3 weeks later
#1132 8 years ago
Quoted from Nokoro:

1. When the winged monkey captures Dorthy, he gets caught by the door on the way up. He always powers through and successfully deposits Dorthy in the castle. But, is there some way to adjust the door to move it slightly forward, or adjust the monkey to move it slightly back. I don't want him to keep getting scraped by the door.

I don't think you can adjust the door/castle wall there. Maybe try putting some type of spacer behind the bracket that attached the door/castle wall to the back board.

Quoted from Nokoro:

2. The code that came with it is 4.11. I'm thinking about playing on it for a while to get a feel for the game and then updating. Any downside to doing this other than not having the best code? For example, are there major bugs?

Install the new code now. It's worth it, IMO.

Quoted from Nokoro:

3. My plunger seems stiff. It is hard to control the softness of the plunge. Is this normal, or should I adjust somehow?

Shouldn't be stiff. Maybe a teenie tiny bit of silicon lube? Controlling the plunge can still be difficult, at least with my game. That metal ramp starting in the shooting lane can do funny things to the ball making a calculated plunge problematic.

Quoted from Nokoro:

4. Occasionally, the right sling seems to double fire. I need to check the gap. It could just be slightly too close.

It's the gap.

Quoted from Nokoro:

5. Sometimes, right at the start of a game, before I plunge, I'm in witch hurry up mode. That seems wrong. Is it?

Yes, that is wrong. Check the gap on the witch switch. Sounds like the vibrations from the ball ejecting is causing that switch to activate.

#1147 8 years ago
Quoted from nicoga3000:

Seeing the Valinor thread pop up got me thinking...Which is harder to reach? Valinor or SotR?

I would say SotR. None of the modes needed to complete Valinor are super difficult. It just takes time and a couple of really good balls to get there. SotR, however, has at least one ultra-difficult mode; Rescue Dorothy. I've completed all the modes in WoZ multiple times except Rescue. Only come close once on that one. At least right now, I have doubts I'll ever get that completed.

#1167 8 years ago
Quoted from Manimal:

This may be covered somewhere, but what do you all do (if anything) to protect the flipper button area on your WOZ games? I have a RR that I would like to protect.
Thanks in advance

Theoretically, no flipper wear should occur as the cabinets are clear coated. I had some of the non-permanent mylar lying around and used that around my flippers just in case.

#1175 8 years ago
Quoted from nicoga3000:

Is there a link to the most recent rules? I want to start understanding how to actually PLAY this game.

Try this. It's pretty good.

https://docs.google.com/viewer?a=v&pid=forums&srcid=MTU0ODExODIwMDY3MjI1OTYwMzMBMTU1NjY4NDI2ODYwNzEwNTc4OTgBZUlxQmNlVWpDUUFKATAuMQEBdjI&authuser=0

#1190 8 years ago
Quoted from nicoga3000:

I've installed Eli's TRON mod and service rails on a Pro before, so drilling into parts isn't something I'm too concerned with. But just taking the mini playfield out of this game looks like a beast. I will have to just make it happen at some point.
Game arrives tomorrow! Hopefully going to have a few friends over to unbox and play it. I need to figure out how I'm going to get it upstairs to my loft, though. Little worried about that, ha.

Don't worry about installing the protectors. It's not too hard. Even a Pindufus can do it.

I rented a mechanical stair lift dolly and got it up my staircase with no problem. Without that, it probably would have taken three men and a mule to get it up the stairs. It's heavy!

#1221 8 years ago

Just wiggle it around a bit. It will go in. And before anyone says anything; I'm talking about the playfield.........

#1237 8 years ago
Quoted from Pinchroma:

To lock the lockdown bar, take your forearm and push down on the center of the bar while sliding the latch to the right. It's snug but it also doesn't wiggle at all.

My lockdown bar has always been a little difficult to secure. I've found that simply and lightly wiggling the lever that it locks it place easily.

#1292 7 years ago
Quoted from nicoga3000:

Arrow pointing to what looks like clear starting to chip.20160331_173914_(resized).jpg
E: I just had tried to shoot the Rescue loop. The ball hit the rubber and bounced off the playfield and into the underside of the cabinet. Uh...What? Anyone have this happen before?

Never happened to me and I haven't heard anyone discuss it before. Initial thought is you have your flipper coil setting too high.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 12.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints
Tools
Electronics
Skillshot Combo
Electronics
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
$ 16.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore
Protection
$ 24.75
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 115.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.
Toys/Add-ons
$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.
Toys/Add-ons
$ 85.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop
Armor and blades
11,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Burlingame, CA
$ 22.50
Magazines/books
Pinball Magazine
Magazines/books
$ 9,800.00
Pinball Machine
Pixels Arcade Games
Pinball Machine
Machine - For Sale
Mt Zion, IL
$ 29.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing
Other
14,356 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Roswell, GA
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball
Decorations
$ 55.00
Lighting - Other
Pinball Mod Co.
Other
$ 3.75
Playfield - Protection
Pinball Mod Co.
Protection
$ 24.50
$ 5.00
Flipper Parts
FlipMods
Flipper parts
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods
Toppers
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball
Protection
$ 100.00
Electronics
Led Pinball
Electronics

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pindufus.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/woz-fan-club-members-only?tu=pindufus and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.