20240314_221748 (resized).jpg
20240314_215727 (resized).jpg
841FD4A1-7C8E-4E32-973D-DD8D05C4902E (resized).png
3D72BC84-0D17-44A1-B683-A17D4B722FF3 (resized).jpeg
WOZ lightboard 2 (resized).jpg
WOZ lightboard 1 (resized).jpg
20240309_110050 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

12 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #1 Key posted, but no summary given Posted by TigerLaw (10 years ago)

Post #2584 Fan Replacement details Posted by bhwolf (7 years ago)

Post #7017 How to tell if your WOZ has 2.0 boards Posted by f3honda4me (5 years ago)

Post #7022 Balls not making it to shooter lane from trough - Fix Posted by LTG (5 years ago)

Post #7126 Location of the latest software update/version Posted by mavantix (5 years ago)

Post #7128 Update 7.01 notes - released April 16, 2019 Posted by thewool (5 years ago)

Post #7752 Fan Replacement how to and links Posted by f3honda4me (4 years ago)

Post #11015 Adjustment advice for the monkey Posted by LTG (3 years ago)

Post #12537 7.03 Code Release Posted by bobukcat (2 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinballt.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#11829 3 years ago

Hi All,
Well I just got an Emerald WoZ. I was so excited about getting it. I have a standard one and love it so I just got the Emerald. Looks great but got it home and it is having issues. One switch was not working so I found a broken off wire which I soldered and works great. Now the plumb bob and Monkey have sensor issues. Need to check sensor for monkey. Any suggestions? Major concern is that the lights work sometimes and sometimes it is only one light board working. I play my other WoZ and it works perfect. My new emerald lights really don't work when switches hit and then some do. The weird thing is when I turn it off, different things come on and then other times they don"t. Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks,
Tom

IMG_6019 (resized).JPGIMG_6019 (resized).JPG
#11831 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinballomatic:

If it's giving you a D27 error, it could be because you haven't closed the switch in awhile. Monkey magnet sense only works by doing the magnet sense test under device test correctly.

Hi,
It is D#06 error on the monkey. I find out that the lights issue is when the game is on for over 5 to 10 minutes or so. The bottom lights are just staying on with a few out. Hit targets and they stay the same.
Thanks,
Tom

#11833 3 years ago

Right okay. Open coin door, pull out top white interlock switch to restore high power, tests, device tests, magnet sense test. Roll ball up right orbit. The game must see the opto under the house AND the top right orbit made rollover or else it will not turn the magnet on. If it does turn the magnet on and catches the ball, check the magnet sense box on the monitor. If it legitimately doesn't work, check that the PCB behind the back panel is both plugged in and facing the correct way (components face in towards the back panel). Also make sure it hasn't been damaged by overtightening.
Lighting chain attached [quoted image]

It does recognize it and works. That is the thing. Sometimes the monkey will only go halfway and sometimes it will make it down and get the ball. Maybe the monkey needs to be greased?

#11834 3 years ago

How would I know if I have bad light boards? The lights work when it first starts but then most just stayed lit. Would it be bad light boards or power issues before the light boards? It happens mostly to the lower light boards.

#11838 3 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Follow the diagram on Steve's post 11832. The data harnesses going in a straight line. W6 to #29 to # 1 to #2 etc. etc. They don't always go numerically. Follow the diagram. Find the last working LED board. The first one after it that is messed up is the bad LED board.
LTG : )

Follow the chain - put the game in test menu so all the lights are forced white. Follow the chain I sent to you. Where the chain breaks, it is either the last lit board or the first dark board that you need to bypass using the data cables. DO NOT plug in or unplug the POWER cables with the game on (violet and black wires). You will damage things. Data cables are okay to move with the power on.
Edit - just listen to Lloyd.

Thanks Guys! I will check this out. If it is a bad board, do you need to replace all boards to the new ones or can one board be replace or repaired?
Tom

#11840 3 years ago

One can be replaced.

That is good. I have the board set from JJP that cost $800. So I can just replace the ones that need it.
What is the best grease for the Monkey?
Thanks!

#11844 3 years ago
Quoted from Nokoro:

To be clear, the $800 board set that it sounds like you bought is likely the 2.0 board set. Those cannot be swapped for version 1 boards. Did you in fact buy the 2.0 conversion kit to do an upgrade someday?

Yes, the previous owner had them with it when I purchased it. So I am sure they are the conversion kit.
Thank you!

#11851 3 years ago

Thanks Guys!
Looks like I have my work cut out for me. I was reading that it some people 12 hours to do the Light kit.

#11858 3 years ago
Quoted from bobukcat:

It's not my product and I didn't use it because it didn't exist when I did my conversion but you may want to consider one of these to assist if you're feeling a apprehensive about the process: https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1139-pinworlds/03336-woz-lighting-20-playfield-dimpler-tool

Thanks! I just bought one earlier

#11859 3 years ago

What is latest code for Emerald? Is there a difference when you download updates from standard/emerald/Ruby Red?
Thanks!

#11861 3 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

7.02 is current. Used in all models, no difference. The only version available is a full install.
Your dongle lets things know whats what.
LTG : )

Thanks Lloyd! So it will still have the different openings for the Ruby and emerald?

1 month later
#12134 3 years ago

Found my light issue on my WoZ Emerald LE. It is the #18 board. It is the original light boards. I bypassed it and the lights work. I checked JJP store but don’t know actually which one to purchase. I believe it is the 5volt light board. Is that the correct one? It is like $40.
Thanks!
Tom

#12136 3 years ago

Will do.
Thanks Lloyd!
Tom

#12174 3 years ago

Anyone have a working General Illumination board, 5 Volt they would like to sell me? Bought one from JJP but don’t know how long they will take to ship. Just checking if anyone has one lying around they would like to get rid of.
Thanks,
Tom

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 115.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

Machine - For Sale
St. Clair Shores, MI
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 9,800.00
Pinball Machine
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 55.00
Lighting - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 395.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 91.00
11,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Burlingame, CA
$ 85.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Lighting - Led
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

13,000 (OBO)
$ 29.99
Hardware
Classic Game Rooms

$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

Playfield - Other
RavSpec

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinballt.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/woz-fan-club-members-only?tu=pinballt and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.