Topic Stats

• 10,510 posts
  • 557 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 hours ago by Nokoro
  • Topic is favorited by 253 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 1,424 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

6F805F78-5374-4296-BB2A-9C76C00B141E (resized).jpeg
2FB562F8-3E26-48B4-AE9D-AA54109AF560 (resized).png
7CB00E97-64FA-4617-BF90-F39969662F47 (resized).jpeg
20200529_192046 (resized).jpg
20200529_192139 (resized).jpg
A23EFB32-5508-4E35-A9D9-5522407597EE (resized).jpeg
A77FCD63-6AA9-432D-AC48-778438CAF5C2 (resized).jpeg
C3F2D12F-792F-4F3A-B6D7-16353FA1169A (resized).jpeg
20200528_205525 (resized).jpg
13B3AAC4-F5F8-49BD-A519-8C2915B24FAB (resized).jpeg
66DDA1A2-D052-4C1D-9EAD-DE1A0864C9A1 (resized).jpeg
91FE3651-BD02-4610-A950-815B82A3A3F8 (resized).jpeg
20200525_132917 (resized).jpg
5F0CA0EB-BA75-4167-BBD6-52E2EE424E09 (resized).jpeg
36266128-1D1F-4F6A-83A3-5AFC90B5B39C (resized).jpeg
5F9AFFBA-A515-4D93-8923-D29C8C388D76 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

8 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #1 Key posted, but no summary given Posted by TigerLaw (6 years ago)

Post #2584 Fan Replacement details Posted by bhwolf (3 years ago)

Post #7017 How to tell if your WOZ has 2.0 boards Posted by f3honda4me (1 year ago)

Post #7022 Balls not making it to shooter lane from trough - Fix Posted by LTG (1 year ago)

Post #7126 Location of the latest software update/version Posted by mavantix (1 year ago)

Post #7128 Update 7.01 notes - released April 16, 2019 Posted by thewool (1 year ago)

Post #7752 Fan Replacement how to and links Posted by f3honda4me (12 months ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinball_keefer.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#263 6 years ago

Close. It's 100 * ((balls @ start (which is 2 + virtual locks)) + (balls currently in play)). So, for a 2-ball Rescue MB, 1x jackpots will range from 400-700, and a 5-ball will range from 700-1000.

Also, the 100 goes up with each Rescue MB by 25.

1 month later
#358 5 years ago

The last few posts made me look at hmb again, and I did find a most unfortunate scoring setup bug. That'll get in the next release.

The gist is every category of scoring (shots, bumpers, targets, holes) scored 1000 instead of what it was supposed to, which is the value you had when you played the round leading up to the current hmb.

2 weeks later
#397 5 years ago
Quoted from Mato:

Has anyone done a game setting for easy/medium/hard play.......... what are the best set ups?

If you're talking about software settings (presets), those are (finally) included in 4.0.

#401 5 years ago

By and large, difficulty presets are guesses and not put under long-term testing, tuning, and scrutiny.

5 months later
#554 5 years ago
Quoted from Pimp77:

You get TWO rescue letters for a saucer hit behind the doors.

TECHNICALLY it's two ADVANCES not necessarily two LETTERS. This doesn't come into play for awhile though. Similarly, the search loop is one advance (when it's lit, which gets harder) not one letter.

#559 5 years ago

Search lights up when it will spot a letter. Every loop is lit the first Rescue MB, then every 2nd on the 2nd, every 3rd on the 3rd, etc.

1 month later
#678 5 years ago

Super is available after getting a triple, not a letter. The letters only apply to mega.

1 month later
#695 5 years ago
Quoted from Chitownpinball:

You can hit the witch to move the shot to an easier shot too.

orly

You might be confusing with Fireball Frenzy which WILL let the witch move the shot(s).

1 month later
#790 5 years ago

Actually, no. Perhaps they should, though.

Sequence:

HAUNTED while nothing running and collect not lit->light collect to start a haunted mode
HAUNTED while collect is lit->item value increases
HAUNTED while mode running->+10s
HAUNTED while HMB running->requalify jackpot if not lit. otherwise nothing iirc

1 month later
#871 4 years ago

No they're printed. But those certificates... THOSE are hand-signed.

Still in recovery.

1 year later
#3455 3 years ago

WOZ has technically supported 2.0 lighting (well, both light systems) since the last ISO update (6.06), though the lamp ordering changed since that release, hence 6.10 exists. There is a WOZ update in the works that should hit beta this week that will get the corrected lamp order out for everyone as well as some extra goodies.

#3459 3 years ago
Quoted from Radius118:

Now how do we go about updating older games with 2.0 lighting system since it's just a hardware and wiring issue. Heck, I can make my own CAT cables.. Just need the boards and information on how to wire the BAG board and Comms Hub board. And if there is some type of update required for the power driver board.

Every lamp board (and, afaik, cable) has to be replaced. This is not for the faint of heart. It is likely a minimum of an 8 hour or so task. I have no idea if they're even offering to sell 2.0 lighting kits or not.

You wouldn't really have to change your io board, just plug the usb cable that goes into the lighting section into the bag board instead.

Quoted from Nokoro:

For those of us with the older system, what does the lamp ordering change mean? Perhaps we need to wait and see

Nothing. There was 1 prototype set of woz 2.0 lighting boards made, then when the boards were released to production, the ordering was different from prototype to release. 6.06 supports the prototype ordering. Both are different from 1.x lamp ordering. Just an addressing issue, that's all. You could run a 2.0 lighting oz with 6.06, but the lamps would not be lighting up in their intended manner (e.g., the game might be thinking it's blinking the YBR #1 lamp, but really it's shoot again).

2 months later
#3866 3 years ago
Quoted from capguntrooper:

However when I go to load load it fills screen perfectly. Any suggestions will be helpful, thanks.

There are adjustments in game settings for changing monitor fit. It defaults to shrunken a bit for 1080p because that was a distinction we could make when we switched from 26" monitors to 27".

3 weeks later
#3947 2 years ago
Quoted from dendoc:

See what you have all gone and done? My game has been flawless since NIB, and suddenly - lots of light issues. Had to bypass and turn off both sling GI light boards as there the fault started (19 and 21 I think they were) but now my "fish" board and left exit board are doing this. Does this mean the boards need to be replaced entirely or can it be the data cables? Game is OK in white test, but in red-and during game play- does this.

I don't remember the details offhand, but some LEDs have the red & green lines swapped from what we originally expected. When we send the data out to the lights, at that time, for those lamps, we swap green and red. However, there was a bug noticed recently that when you jump over lamp boards, the red & green swap flags weren't being honored correctly. This has been fixed, and will be in the next release. Sorry about that!

3 months later
#4353 2 years ago
Quoted from paynemic:

Is that really a thing? A real us $2 bill? How did I miss that?

Those have been around for at least 40 years (current design for bicentennial I believe), but I was heretofore unaware of the Woz one.

amazon.com link »

The real ones are still made new and available at banks. They work great for tooth fairies, for example.

#4357 2 years ago
Quoted from wtatumjr:

Shoot that sphere with speed. The crystal ball

It actually refers to the pinball as bobukcat stated.

When only one hurryup is running, Professor Marvel will call out that one shot ("The drop target!" "The crystal ball!" etc.). When more than one thing is lit at once, there's a few phrases he'll say, including that one, "Time is a factor," etc.

Marvel had an actual affinity for alliteration if you couldn't tell.

2 months later
#4771 2 years ago

Glad you guys like it... check_switch_26 is responsible for most of this one, especially the sound and old mobo fixes.

1 year later
#8520 9 months ago

Hi all.

A new software update for Wizard of Oz pinball is now available for download! Please note, Version 7.02 is a Full Install.

For the full change log: http://marketing.jerseyjackpinball.com/woz/woz_changelog.txt

To download: http://marketing.jerseyjackpinball.com/woz/WizardOfOz-v07.02.iso
oz_702 (resized).jpg

#8521 9 months ago
Quoted from TonyScoots:

Hello Woz members

How do I enable the sound volume control on the menu, for some reason it’s disabled on mine

This is only applicable to the cabinet version of the headphone jack, as seen on DI and later games. I don't believe any Ruby Reds have shipped with this configuration. The jack in the coin door is untouchable by the software.

#8536 9 months ago
Quoted from LTG:

Backing them up doesn't save an image if you have one in there. I don't know if this full install saves the image or not.

It won't, unfortunately. It's for various technical reasons and is not likely to change anytime soon. Sorry about this!

Quoted from Pablouk:

All went smooth how ever I am not sure there are any updates to game play that would be considerably noticeable.

That's mostly correct. The primary reason for putting it out is the fix for bogus HOADC collections, but there are a few minor things.

Quoted from JoshODBrown:

With the full code updates, does it wipe out stats on the game like how many played, and coin drop, etc? I dont care much about having to reset extra balls, or other little rules or high scores or whatever, but the operator data is interesting for me.

*DEFINITELY* do this:

Quoted from LTG:

Back up your setting just to be safe.

BUT, if you're installing on top of v7.01, it SHOULD keep them; any other version, it definitely will not.

But, do a backup.

#8537 9 months ago
Quoted from bobukcat:

It appears the links don't work (at least for me) and should be

Oops, sorry, I'll fix. Thanks for noticing.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Machine - For Sale
Milford, CT
$ 165.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games
$ 9.90
Playfields
The Super Fasteners
$ 42.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinball_keefer.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside