20240314_221748 (resized).jpg
20240314_215727 (resized).jpg
841FD4A1-7C8E-4E32-973D-DD8D05C4902E (resized).png
3D72BC84-0D17-44A1-B683-A17D4B722FF3 (resized).jpeg
WOZ lightboard 2 (resized).jpg
WOZ lightboard 1 (resized).jpg
20240309_110050 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

12 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #1 Key posted, but no summary given Posted by TigerLaw (10 years ago)

Post #2584 Fan Replacement details Posted by bhwolf (7 years ago)

Post #7017 How to tell if your WOZ has 2.0 boards Posted by f3honda4me (5 years ago)

Post #7022 Balls not making it to shooter lane from trough - Fix Posted by LTG (5 years ago)

Post #7126 Location of the latest software update/version Posted by mavantix (5 years ago)

Post #7128 Update 7.01 notes - released April 16, 2019 Posted by thewool (5 years ago)

Post #7752 Fan Replacement how to and links Posted by f3honda4me (4 years ago)

Post #11015 Adjustment advice for the monkey Posted by LTG (3 years ago)

Post #12537 7.03 Code Release Posted by bobukcat (2 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider oohlou.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1895 7 years ago

Joined the club on Friday! Before owning WOZ, I had only played maybe 5 games on it. I chose it because I absolutely love the light show and I wanted a deep pin (my other pins are fast flow). I am having a lot of fun so far but it is kicking my ass! I need to learn to play better. What settings do you guys use? At a minimum I'm going to turn on a ball saver for at least a few seconds. Seems like my WOZ came with pindemption so I'm going to play around with it too...

1 week later
#1971 7 years ago
Quoted from RTS:

Also make sure there is mylar around Haunted Forest pop bumpers and the state balloon bumper/target area.

I have a late model WOZ (Dec 2015) which came with mylar between the Haunted Forest pop bumpers and in front of the State balloon. Do owners add additional mylar or did WOZ not originally come with this? I'm a bit concerned about the forest area. The Mylar covers the space between the pops but doesn't cover the area to the right of the top bumper (e.g. it stops around the T in haunted)

#2028 7 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

I picked up a used WOZ over the weekend. Right outlane is in middle position? Is that factory?

Yes, middle positions are the factory setting for the outlanes.

1 week later
#2220 7 years ago

During weak flippers mode should you be able to hit the ramp?

#2287 7 years ago

Beat by Nokoro who said it better than me anyway.

GorfFan, I wouldn't worry too much about little problems like this for now. Even if your machine is exhibiting the problem you likely wouldn't notice it unless you are very good player with very accurate shots.

#2289 7 years ago
Quoted from GorfFan:

This idea does look really cool. Has anyone made a complete list of rubbers needed, except for the flippers? I'm thinking about doing this and the original poster of this idea is no longer active.

See page C-76 and C-77 of the manual (you can get the manual from JJP's website).

#2293 7 years ago
Quoted from bobukcat:

You could try one of the kits users have built like this one: https://www.titanpinball.com/kits/index.php/view/id/234

That is awesome. It is a great idea to allow user's to design kits like that.

1 month later
#2577 7 years ago
Quoted from pinballinreno:

Whats needed now is a good plastic protector for over the winkie drop area.
I have had to replace mine due to cracking from ball strikes.

Indypinhead's set he sells here includes a protector for this plastic. It is a PITA to install but I did it at the same time I installed my cliffy's.

1 week later
#2639 7 years ago

I love WOZ. WOZ is so awesome even my wife loves playing (SM is the only other pin of the 11 I've own that remotely interested her). Having that said, I just had GI board #7 fail for the second time in as many months. What gives? This is a WOZ with a Dec 2015 build date. I thought the light board problems were fixed? It is easy to bypass and it is a light I don't even notice is missing while I wait for my replacement, but it is annoying.

1 week later
#2703 7 years ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

QUESTION: I have a quick question on the RRWOZ i just got. I had to make a few adjustments, not a big deal. But, this one i am not sure about. Everyone knows what it sounds like when the ball hits the sling shots. Well, when i launch the ball and it hits the slings at the top before it comes down, those slings sound different. Not sure how to describe it but just don't sound like it should or sound like the slings at the bottom of the playfield near the flippers. Any input would be appreciated.

Do you mean the mechanical sound or the sound effect? The sound effect is definitely different but I think the mechanical sound is different too. I think it simply the placement of the sling relative to other objects and being further back in the playfield

1 week later
#2794 7 years ago
Quoted from oohlou:

I love WOZ. WOZ is so awesome even my wife loves playing (SM is the only other pin of the 11 I've own that remotely interested her). Having that said, I just had GI board #7 fail for the second time in as many months. What gives? This is a WOZ with a Dec 2015 build date. I thought the light board problems were fixed? It is easy to bypass and it is a light I don't even notice is missing while I wait for my replacement, but it is annoying.

I am happy to report my problem is solved and even happier to report that the problem was not failing light boards. JJP sent me another GI board #7, I installed it, and it worked for all of a minute before failing. That prompted me to investigate for shorts and the connectors. Low and behold I found a loose wire! I fixed that and now I can get all the LED working. I even reinstalled the original light board my distributor took out before I received the pin because it was"bad" and it works. So I'm back to the pins' original board set and everything is working. Woot!

So PSA: If you have light board issues check your wires. Loose connections can be hard to see or even impossible to see when plugged in. Note the green wire below.
IMG_0728 (resized).JPGIMG_0728 (resized).JPG

#2797 7 years ago
Quoted from Docb8456:

The bottom half of the lighting went out from the right midfield flipper down, the only light still lit on the bottom half is the wizard. I checked all the connection and all seems ok, what do you suggest I do while waiting for jjp response

look in the manual. There is a section on troubleshooting LED problems. Basically you need to find the first board which isn't working based on the diagrams and then check the cables on the board and maybe bypass it.

1 month later
#2988 7 years ago

GotAQuestion Awesome!

I need to get better at WOZ. I'm going to shoot for 1 mil too. My average is 80-150K and my high is 408K so I have a long way to go...

#2989 7 years ago

Does WOZ have a score audit? Like 5 games at less than 100K, 10 games at 100K-200K, etc... If it does I cannot find it and it seems a strange omission given how nice the service / audit menu is otherwise.

1 week later
#3030 7 years ago
Quoted from GotAQuestion:

Like I said, I'm more or less going to ignore it or maybe do some preventative maintenance. It seems "contained". 534 games played.

I would definitely try to do something to try and keep it from getting worse. I agree it doesn't look bad right now, but I wouldn't want it to get worse.

For what it is worth, I have no noticeable damage there. WOZ standard, 12/15 build date, ~900 plays. (I have a small chip in clear on the Wizard hole. Added Cliffy there after about 600 plays).

5 months later
#4005 6 years ago

My WOZ has a 12/15 build date. It has the 7.5V or 7.5V buffered light boards. I'm not sure. I bought my WOZ with less than 100 plays and it had a bad light board when I got it (I knew this going into it). JJP sent me a replacement which also failed a few plays after installing it. They sent me a second replacement and the machine has been problem free for 1 year now, 1148 plays, and 31 days run time. Take that to mean what you will but I've been happy with the machine's reliability and JJP support.

(One thing that doesn't get brought up enough when the light board issues are discussed is possible cable issues. They seem to carry ground via the shield rather than a wire. They solder a small wire to the shield to make the connection right before the connector. I found that this wire was broken on my cable going into the failed board. I suspect this is why the first board they sent me failed and perhaps why the original board failed as well. I fixed this before installing the second board they sent me and I've had no issues).

#4023 6 years ago
Quoted from rai:

Do Woz audits reset when you change the code?

No, at least not the incremental update.

#4049 6 years ago
Quoted from rai:

Was curious about the horse targets, if people worry about collecting them or does it just happen? If you collect a wrong color how do you get rid of it? I mean say you have R G Y Y as an example. Do you just cash that in or can you get rid of a Y or get rid of R G by adding rainbow or Y Y?

I've probably played 500 games on WOZ and I don't really know what is going on with horses and pretty much ignore it. I play WOZ like BSD: It is all about the multiball stacks.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Mt Zion, IL
10,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
San Jose, CA
$ 115.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 55.00
Lighting - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

Playfield - Other
RavSpec

$ 16.95
$ 85.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 43.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 29.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 225.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 199.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

Machine - For Sale
St. Clair Shores, MI
$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 5.00
$ 24.50
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider oohlou.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/woz-fan-club-members-only?tu=oohlou and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.