767a905f-f768-44f4-b3e3-b2998967ff3c_text.gif
Photo Mar 30 2024, 5 42 30 PM (resized).jpg
20240316_125739 (resized).jpg
20240314_221748 (resized).jpg
20240314_215727 (resized).jpg
841FD4A1-7C8E-4E32-973D-DD8D05C4902E (resized).png
3D72BC84-0D17-44A1-B683-A17D4B722FF3 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

12 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #1 Key posted, but no summary given Posted by TigerLaw (10 years ago)

Post #2584 Fan Replacement details Posted by bhwolf (7 years ago)

Post #7017 How to tell if your WOZ has 2.0 boards Posted by f3honda4me (5 years ago)

Post #7022 Balls not making it to shooter lane from trough - Fix Posted by LTG (5 years ago)

Post #7126 Location of the latest software update/version Posted by mavantix (5 years ago)

Post #7128 Update 7.01 notes - released April 16, 2019 Posted by thewool (5 years ago)

Post #7752 Fan Replacement how to and links Posted by f3honda4me (4 years ago)

Post #11015 Adjustment advice for the monkey Posted by LTG (3 years ago)

Post #12537 7.03 Code Release Posted by bobukcat (2 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider ochofosho.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#12742 2 years ago

Hello WoZ owners. I just recently joined the club with ECLE #670 and upon setting up the machine for the first time found this LED strip that wasn't attached to anything. Can anyone tell me where it is supposed to go? It is wired into the back box lights and is sticky on the back. Found it near the monkey.

-RLF

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
1 week later
#12780 2 years ago

After finally having time to check out the WoZ I picked up I'm running into major issues I could use a hand with. When I first powered the machine on I tripped the breaker for the circuit it was connected to. Nothing else of substance was on that circuit, so this seemed like a poor start.

I started unplugging the 120V connectors and found that without the main display connected the machine would start up. When I connected the main display to 120V wall power on it's own it was totally fine.

Now, even without the display connected I'm not getting any playfield lights or switches turning on. The CPU and audio stuff seems to be booting up, and the main fan runs along with the back box lights. This led me to check out the transformer and I'm only getting about 60% of the voltage the manual says I should get (48V on the red wires for example when it should be 70V).

I've tried re-seating any connection I can get my hands on, without any success. My thought right now is that the display was a red herring and that maybe my main transformer is totally screwed? Has anyone seen this kind of issue before? I haven't had much luck searching for it online.

Thanks,
Ryan

#12786 2 years ago
Quoted from MrMikeman:

Game setup for 220v?

The transformer input seems wired correctly for 120V.

Can someone tell me if 49V is actually the correct transformer secondary voltage across the red wires or the blue wires? The manual lists it as 49V in some places and 70V in other places....EDIT "70V" in the manual refers to DC right? 49V is RMS AC?

#12797 2 years ago
Quoted from OchoFosho:

The transformer input seems wired correctly for 120V.
Can someone tell me if 49V is actually the correct transformer secondary voltage across the red wires or the blue wires? The manual lists it as 49V in some places and 70V in other places....EDIT "70V" in the manual refers to DC right? 49V is RMS AC?

Root cause of my problems with WoZ was an arc fault breaker on the circuit it was plugged into that didn't seem to like this pin. Powering up WoZ's large transformer must look like an arc to that breaker and it trips. None of my other games trip the circuit, but I bet they were close. For now I'm running it on an extension cord down the hall to an outlet with a normal breaker, but I'll be swapping out my arc fault breaker for a normal one shortly.

This type of issue may become more common as more houses are equipped with arc fault protection breakers.

#12800 2 years ago
Quoted from MrMikeman:

I use these. Good up to 10A(1200 watts). I use 1 for every 2 games and a sub. I could probably put 3 games on 1.
amazon.com link »

Thanks. A voltage regulator on a WoZ without the 2.0 light kit seems like a wise investment.

1 week later
#12802 2 years ago

Any chance anybody has the paint code for the green Emerald City metalic fleck paint? I've got an ugly scratch in a side rail I'd like to simply touch up if I can.

Thanks,
RLF

4 months later
#13234 2 years ago
Quoted from John_in_NC:

It’s a thick stainless band covering the edge of the exposed upper playfield. Easy nuff to visit passion for pinball to see it. http://www.passionforpinball.com/WOZ/adam-edge3.jpg

Oh man, there is one of these in the goodie bag of stuff that came with my 2nd hand game. It was never installed and I didn't know what it was

Guess I have a project for the weekend!

6 months later
#13956 1 year ago
Quoted from monkfe:

I just installed my kit, took about 8 hrs total...and my BAG board was bad and had to do a swap out...so good advice here on sooner rather than later...

8 hours? Nice work. I told my wife it'll take 24 hours so if I can get this done closer to your time frame that'll leave me 16 hours of play time...er...testing time!

#13976 1 year ago
Quoted from zaphX:

Helped my friend cextion do his, bought myself one which had borked light boards, then helped jfesler with his.
I like doing it. If you have a kit I'll come help you!

Looks like round trip flights to Saskatoon are about $800. I'd even let you set up an air mattress underneath the game

I did inventory my kit last night as suggested. Happy to find 2x bags of the 4 little insulator papers. JJP must have felt generous.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Mt Zion, IL
$ 55.00
Lighting - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 85.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 24.50
Lighting - Interactive
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 91.00
$ 43.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

14,685 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Northport, NY
$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 130.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

10,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
San Jose, CA
$ 115.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 199.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 29.99
Hardware
Classic Game Rooms

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider ochofosho.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/woz-fan-club-members-only?tu=ochofosho and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.