20240314_221748 (resized).jpg
20240314_215727 (resized).jpg
841FD4A1-7C8E-4E32-973D-DD8D05C4902E (resized).png
3D72BC84-0D17-44A1-B683-A17D4B722FF3 (resized).jpeg
WOZ lightboard 2 (resized).jpg
WOZ lightboard 1 (resized).jpg
20240309_110050 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

12 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #1 Key posted, but no summary given Posted by TigerLaw (10 years ago)

Post #2584 Fan Replacement details Posted by bhwolf (7 years ago)

Post #7017 How to tell if your WOZ has 2.0 boards Posted by f3honda4me (5 years ago)

Post #7022 Balls not making it to shooter lane from trough - Fix Posted by LTG (5 years ago)

Post #7126 Location of the latest software update/version Posted by mavantix (5 years ago)

Post #7128 Update 7.01 notes - released April 16, 2019 Posted by thewool (5 years ago)

Post #7752 Fan Replacement how to and links Posted by f3honda4me (4 years ago)

Post #11015 Adjustment advice for the monkey Posted by LTG (3 years ago)

Post #12537 7.03 Code Release Posted by bobukcat (2 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider navystan.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#10989 3 years ago

I'm about to purchase a WoZ standard edition early run. The owner said he believes light mod done. How can I tell if it's 1.1 or 2.0. Thanks for the help.

#10992 3 years ago

Looking for the experts. About to buy this WoZ. Owner thought previous owner installed light mod. One expert (LTG) said definitely not 2.0. Can anyone tell if 1.1? The actual boards say 1.0. If not, I'm up for the challenge of upgrading to 2.0. JJP site says not in stock for 2.0 light mod. Do they still sell?

Thanks.

OZ underneath (resized).jpgOZ underneath (resized).jpg

#11025 3 years ago

Just got my first WoZ. SE,with 1.0 lights. According to previous owners, lights have been working for the past 5+ years without any issue. Very bright, too.

Question about Monkey Mech. It's picking up ball, but stops about 1/3 the way back up and then drops the ball. Maybe during transport, something got loose? Anything I should check?

Thanks.

#11029 3 years ago
Quoted from MrMikeman:

Also make sure the mech is lubricated. It's in the manual. Mine was bone dry and working like crap. Slow, getting stuck in different spots and dropping the ball. Lubricated(synthetic grease) and BINGO! working awesome now!

Thanks LTG and Mike. Will check both.

#11032 3 years ago

I guess I found my problem. Is this the sensor for the monkey mech? Where is it suppose to be installed/located?

Thanks.

IMG_2465 (resized).jpegIMG_2465 (resized).jpegIMG_2466 (resized).jpegIMG_2466 (resized).jpegIMG_2468 (resized).jpegIMG_2468 (resized).jpeg
#11034 3 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

You've discovered LED board #11 that mounts back of the insert on the backboard of the playfield.
Switches are circled in red.
LTG : )
[quoted image]

Does that board impact game play? Or, just a light for the insert? I did notice the mech was bone dry so need to grease up.

#11038 3 years ago
Quoted from Navystan:

Does that board impact game play? Or, just a light for the insert? I did notice the mech was bone dry so need to grease up.

Quoted from LTG:

Just lights the Capture Dorothy insert. Won't impact game play as long as it doesn't short to anything or get tangled in the flying monkey mechanism.

Thanks, will get back in place. I tried looking through the manual and it wasn't clear to me where to install/put back.

#11040 3 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

Don't overdo it - a little goes a long way. And the first time you turn it on, you might want to drape a towel over that area, as it flings grease everywhere.
Ask how I know

Well, it was just in need of grease. Works perfectly now. Also found the LED board location. Was just mounted with double stick tape.

By the way, what is the best grease to use?

I love this game.

#11042 3 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

I used white lithium grease because I had it on hand. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

that’s exactly what I used!

#11045 3 years ago

Reporting back for duty...

1. I picked up #130 of 1,000 WoZ SE. It has 1.0 7.5V boards, but lights seem to work fine. I guess I should get 2.0 kit just in case for the future?
2. Owner never did code updates. Had 3.0 (?). I upgraded to 7.02 and had issues with monkey mech. Mike said "grease the monkey." that got it moving again, but then magnet sense not working. Saw post from LTG about troubleshooting and found the fix to just flip magnet. That did the trick!
3. Now, my last issue. Castle doors. The right door now doesn't open. I'm guessing I have to remove castle playfield (E3 of manual)? Then, I can see why the right door is not opening? It worked when I first got the machine. Could the code update from 3 to 7 cause the problem? Any ideas on how I should proceed to troubleshoot and fix the right door?

Thanks team WoZ!

#11049 3 years ago
Quoted from Chopper36:

I just had this problem. You have to take off the upper playfield, there are good directions in the manual.The screw on the latch was very loose. Added some blue locktite and good to go. The pic shows the phillips screw that is probably the culprit.[quoted image]

So, if I hear the mech, then it's the screw on the latch. If the screw is not tight enough, I assume I could move the right door with my hand, right? I say this because with the game off, I cannot move either the left or right door. Wouldn't that indicate the door is either binding or the motor is dead like LTG said?

Thanks.

#11053 3 years ago
Quoted from pinballinreno:

The door is latched, it won't open manually unless you unlatch it in test mode.
Coil 51 is the latch coil. You will hear a faint click in test, maybe.
Mostly, loose shaft screws is the problem.
When you pull it apart you will see this.
If screws are tight then a motor has burned out.

Thanks for the tips. Most likely, I need to take off mini playfield to address the issue.

#11055 3 years ago
Quoted from Navystan:

Thanks for the tips. Most likely, I need to take off mini playfield to address the issue.

Well, I tried the easy steps first:
1. Went into test and ran test for doors.
2. Then went to test coils, 51
3. After doing the above tests, both doors started opening again.
4. Ran a game and everything seemed to work again. So, motors for sure were not burned out. I even ran through monkey ball multiball and it worked fine too.

I guess something got stuck a bit and running through the tests "loosened" it up again?

#11056 3 years ago

Back to "greasing the monkey." I used white lithium grease. However, although the monkey works, it still sounds like it's binding while running. Maybe use a different grease? For other folks, is it quiet in operation or can you hear it while it's in motion? Some say to use superlube. Thoughts? Suggestions?

Thanks.

#11059 3 years ago

Screws are definitely not tight.
It should be looked at.
You are at the point where you see the problem but its not critical yet.
Read my thread about door height adjustment.
The right door should set slightly lower than the left.
Dont even them up during adjustment. The latch operates slightly canted.

Hmmm, so when the doors were open, I could move them and they appeared to move "snuggly." If the screws were loose, wouldn't the doors seem to swing open with some "looseness" when swinging them open and close? (forgive the highly technical terms, "snuggly.")

And, I'm not adverse to taking off mini playfield to really fix this more permanently. I did read through that entire thread on the doors.

#11060 3 years ago

White lithium grease is pefect for the threaded rod on both the witch and the monkey.
You can switch to clear silicone grease but its much the same.
The monkey is not as quiet as you might think.
But you cant hear it much during a game.

OK, good to know. I just wanted to confirm before I kept letting it run.

#11062 3 years ago

Not necessarily.
They have just taken a "set".
Constant bashing will loosen them up more until the problem is more evident.
I would wait until it gets worse to fix it properly.
Have a few extra black allen screws available. You want to change them out as the heads pop off.
Its also good to have spare door posts available for when you break off a screw from tightening.
I just ordered black door screws for the doors themselves along with shafts from JJP.
If you order shaft screws they send tiny set screws. The factory upgraded to full on Allen screws furing production .
They use 3/16" length but, 1/4" works perfectly.
Theres an actual door kit listed in the manual, ive ordered them too.
I have even flattened the motor shafts with a dremel. It helps a bit.
The problem is the screws are too small. You can't get them tight enough without popping the heads off.

Great info, thanks.

#11063 3 years ago

It should be looked at.

That didn't take long. Played a few games and the the right door occasionally stuck closed (meaning, it didn't open). So, looks like I will plan to remove the mini playfield and do some surgery. Get the parts everyone recommended so I use the right screws and blue locktite.

#11064 3 years ago

It should be looked at.

I played about 30 games and no issues. But, I plan to take off the mini playfield this weekend and do some tweaking. Can you tell me what size screws I need? Can I get them from Home Depot? So, if I get the screws and blue locktite and follow your instructions for the doors, should that be enough for maintenance while I have the playfield off?

Thanks.

#11067 3 years ago

Yes the manual mentions the early production 1/8" set screws setup. The single door still uses them.
They changed to 6-32 x 3/16" or 1/4" length black socket (allen) head screws in production after a month. Either length works perfectly but, 3/16" length is stock.
1/4" length is easier to get.
I bought a bag of 100 for $4 shipped lol
My game was built in week 4 and has allen screws and 7.5v system.
You can put a bigger wrench on allen screws for a bit more tightness. It really helps.

Thanks! I ordered 4 different size kit, which includes 1/4" size for $10 100 pieces. Also ordered some blue locktite. Will do this weekend and report back for duty!

Did I mention I love this game? I have never seen a game so closely connected to the theme. I feel like I'm "in the movie."

#11069 3 years ago
Quoted from RoboBot:

Re #1: Beware. 2.0 boards are not as bright as 7.5. I made the jump and regret it. Buy backup 7.5 until Jack decides to fix 2.0 issues with GIs. There's a difference!

Thanks, sounds like a great plan. I have no issues with the 1.0/7.5 boards so no need to do anything.

#11070 3 years ago

Well, good news and bad news.

The good news is I now know how to take off the castle playfield. I had to make a two wire Molex to get it off. I took off the two set screws (didn't realize there were two) and added newer ones and added blue locktite for each door.

The bad news. It didn't make it better. Maybe even a little worse now. The right door sometimes doesn't open. I wonder if the latch that holds the doors closed is the culprit. It looks like it barely clears. Should I bend it?

IMG_2528 (resized).jpegIMG_2528 (resized).jpegIMG_2529 (resized).jpegIMG_2529 (resized).jpegIMG_2535 (resized).jpegIMG_2535 (resized).jpeg

#11072 3 years ago

Anyone know how to order parts on Jersey Jack? I can't seem to find door parts, like extra posts. When I go to parts, I only see about 80 parts listed.
Am I searching right?

Another question, is it easy to add an external sub-woofer?

Another question, can knocker get louder? Seems pretty quiet.

Thanks.

#11074 3 years ago

Have your manual on the screen.
Call them.
Very few of the parts are available in the online store.
Read my thread on castle doors.

Yes, I read your thread on castle doors. I thought I did everything. Oh well. Keep trying....thanks on the tips for ordering parts.

#11078 3 years ago
Quoted from Kkoss24:

Just for shits n giggles did you check where the stuck door meets the castle wall ? It only takes a hair width to stop it from opening .

hmmm, so taking the wall on and off could keep the door from opening? When I go to test mode and test doors, the right door will not open now. Before I did all this work, it was working. The right door doesn't open at all now during game play and when in test mode testing doors.

#11080 3 years ago
Quoted from d0n:

You don't really have to remove it completely from the game. Just get it free and flip it over on top of a blanket or towel and work on it in the game. My right door set screw was a bit lose and the right door wouldn't open. Easy fix once I got the PF flipped over. [quoted image]

Thanks. Are there two set screws for each door post? I had one opposite each other. Just want to make sure I'm working the right set screws.

#11093 3 years ago
Quoted from Vyzer2:

The very early woz’s did not have a molex connector. The wires had to be cut to take off the castle pf.

Great, than I know I wasn't crazy. I'm #130 so I was apparently before they started adding the additional Molex. Good I have it now. The first time taking off the castle playfield took me almost 2 hours since I had to take a detour and create a molex. Today, I took off the playfield in 8 minutes.

#11094 3 years ago

Burned out weak motor.
Replace it or both.
Its just a weak design, expect them to burn out.
Generally the right one fails more than the left.
Get 2 spares when you order.
I have replaced 6 of them and have 3 spares.
You get good at removing the castle playfield, it only takes adout 15 mins.
Im not sure about cutting off a wire and adding a connector. Its not necessary on my game.
I can change both motors in about 45 mins now, and have it all reinstalled.

Well, I did another round of taking off the castle playfield. I also ordered a set of motors. As I mentioned earlier, it only took me 8 minutes to take off now that I know how to do it.

I tried to adjust the right door my moving the position so it cleared the latch sooner. Didn't help. Maybe now I'm rubbing the playfield causing the bottom of the door to rub the wood...

Here's a question I have. How do the motors open and close doors? Is this the order?

1. Coil pulls latch and both doors open by the attached springs.
2. Doors close by latch opening and motors "pull" doors closed.

Do I have it right? If so, if I can reach the latch and lift up doors should "spring" open? Or do the motors open the doors and the springs close the doors?

Thanks.

IMG_2538 (resized).jpegIMG_2538 (resized).jpeg
#11100 3 years ago

Reporting back for duty....

1. I pretty much narrowed down my castle door issue to a bad right motor. Awaiting parts.
2. I discovered chipped paint around top left pop bumper. Does JJP do anything about these playfield issues. If not, I guess my best option is to put on a playfield protector to prevent issues here or other parts of the playfield. I did put some mylar down for now in this area. Anyone have experience with putting down a playfield protector? Any lessons learned or tips?
3. While I'm doing the playfield protector, will do a full shop job. Any tips here?
4. Anyone connect up an external sub? Success, tips?

Thanks.

#11103 3 years ago
Quoted from bobukcat:

I believe they shipped out some mylar that had the artwork on it to cover the wear areas around the pop bumpers for the early games they didn't put mylar on. Might want to ask them if they have any of those left. I'd skip the full playfield protector and just put mylar down in all the normal areas like around all four pop bumpers and in front of the slings.

Thanks! It would be nice of they still have those. Although, I'm not against installing and overall protector as well.

#11104 3 years ago
Quoted from bobukcat:

I believe they shipped out some mylar that had the artwork on it to cover the wear areas around the pop bumpers for the early games they didn't put mylar on. Might want to ask them if they have any of those left. I'd skip the full playfield protector and just put mylar down in all the normal areas like around all four pop bumpers and in front of the slings.

Bob, just ordered this from JJP: 62-000013-XX. "WoZ mylar set." Is this the right product that has printed artwork on mylar?

Thanks.

#11105 3 years ago

I'm planning on doing a complete shop job on my WoZ. Is there a compiled list of all the coil sleeves needed anywhere?

#11117 3 years ago

To recap what I did recently:

1. I was having a slight problem with the right castle door occasionally getting stuck.
2. I took off the castle playfield to check the doors. While doing so, I noticed had to cut a pair of wires. So, instead of cutting, I added a two pin molex, .065 size.
3. After checking doors and tightening screws, I put everything back together and the right door stopped working completely.

So, my question is does the size of molex impact the power to the castle doors? Or, was it just coincidence the right door stopped working?

Thanks.

#11144 3 years ago

I read that thread good info there.
Read this:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/woz-castle-doors-not-closing-fully
I have done extensive work on the doors.
Im very happy with what i learned

I get my new motors in a few days. Are they straight forward to remove and replace?

Thanks

#11148 3 years ago

Perfect, Thank you!

#11163 3 years ago

Bummer. Just got 4 motors for castle doors. None had capacitors on. So, more work to do.

#11167 3 years ago
Quoted from Rager170:

These came from JJP?

Yes, all 4.

#11171 3 years ago

anyone have the old mylar printed artwork set? If not, can someone take a picture around the tree pop bumpers and I can make my own? I have wear around one of the tree pop bumpers.

JJP doesn't seem to have in stock any more.

Thanks.

#11191 3 years ago

Navystan, reporting back to duty...

Castle Door Journey
- Been working the door issues for the past few weeks.

Background
- When I first got the machine, it seemed to be working, but noticed the right door stayed open occasionally.
- Other Pinsiders suggested the common issues be looked at. 1) set screws not tight enough; 2) latch needed adjustment; 3) weak or bad right motor.
- When I took off the first time, I had to add a 2-wire/pin Molex. Apparently, the older Woz machines didn't have this Molex connector.
- Upon examining the right door, I added new set screws, the Allen head style to permit easier tightening. After reassembling, the right door stopped working. So, the door actually got worse. Don't know if it was coincidence, or if was just binding more, or motor power was getting worse.
- I ordered 4 new motors from JJP and all did not have capacitors installed.

Saturday Work day
- I spent about 4 hours working on the castle doors.
- Since I have now taken the castle playfield off so many times, I now can remove in less than 10 minutes.
- I removed the door assembly from the the castle playfield for the first time. Took off doors first and discovered the common problem of the bottom right screw was worn away. Luckily, I was able to get a small vise wrench around the screw to loosen and remove. (see pictures)
- I removed the right motor only since I didn't want to change out left motor until I have new capacitors. Had a little problem "melting" solder from the lugs. Don't know if my soldering unit is going bad, since in the past it worked pretty solidly. So, I had to cut away existing wire from the motor terminals. I also could not "melt" the solder along side the motor for the capacitor, so I had to cut that off as well. Barely had enough room to resolder back to the new motor.
- While I had the motor off the assembly, a friend recommend I test with a 9 volt battery. I tried to test with a 9 volt battery while still attached the the castle playfield, but neither left or right door would move with the battery (yes, I moved latch away). However, once the motor was off the mechanism, the battery did successfully turn the motor on. The new motor seemed to sound louder (more power?) then the old one.
- While I had the assembly apart, I had a closer look at the plate that is located near the latch the holds the doors closed. As some had suggested, this plate bends over time causing the doors not to open. I did notice mine was slightly impacting the latch clearing from the tabs, so I pushed it in a little before putting back together.
- So, to summarize what I did before restarting the game, I replaced the right castle door motor, used the existing capacitors, and bent the metal plate that impacts the latch that it used to keep doors closed.
- After restarting the WoZ, I went to test mode, and tested opening and closing doors. Both doors opened when test buttons were used.
- After running test mode, went to game play. As soon as I hit the doors, the stayed partially open. I turned off game and noticed when I pushed the doors with my fingers, both doors pushed past the latch with minimal effort. So, bending the plate apparently was too much.
- I took off castle playfield and could clearly see how latch was barely holding doors from opening. I tweaked right door by lowering the door down (as you look from the top) by adjusting the set screws on the post. When I did this, it also helped the left door. It now seemed light pressure by hand did not permit the doors to push through the latch. So, I stopped here and didn't try to bend the metal plate like I did earlier.
- I retested and pressed on the doors by hand to see if the doors would push open past the latch. They seemed to be strong enough to resist light pressure by hand, so I went to test by game play.
- During gameplay, it was a lot better. However, occasionally, the right door still partially opened. It would either reset after hitting a few times or at the end of a ball leaving the mini playfield (game reset).
- One other oddity happened one time. I noticed the crystal ball came up with an error message. However, after restarting the game, it was back to normal. I did nothing more than just restart the game.

Conclusion/Questions
- I need the get these capacitors. (See pictures). I looked at Great Plains Electronics, but didn't see the number on his site. Anyone know where I can get these and what part# I should be looking for?
- For my final adjustment to right door, bend plate a little more? I'm not going to take off again until I get the new capacitors and will replace the one I just did and likely just go ahead and change left door motor as well.
- My soldering skills need a little work. I had a hard time getting solder to "stick" to the side of motor. Use some flux? I saw others file down to scuff, so maybe that's all I need to do.
- Thanks for everyone's help and tips on the castle doors. Pinside users are super for helping the community.

IMG_2601 (resized).jpegIMG_2601 (resized).jpegIMG_2600 (resized).jpegIMG_2600 (resized).jpegIMG_2603 (resized).jpegIMG_2603 (resized).jpegIMG_2605 (resized).jpegIMG_2605 (resized).jpegIMG_2615 (resized).jpegIMG_2615 (resized).jpegIMG_2618 (resized).jpegIMG_2618 (resized).jpegIMG_2624 (resized).jpegIMG_2624 (resized).jpegIMG_2628 (resized).jpegIMG_2628 (resized).jpegIMG_2630 (resized).jpegIMG_2630 (resized).jpeg
#11192 3 years ago

Anyone install the illuminated Winkie target mod? Like it? Worth installing?

#11198 3 years ago

Ebay
See if there is a guitar repar place near you. Fender reverb unit capacitor is the same.
Google the number.
Smaller packages are better.
The tiny blue ones are good.

Thanks. This is one on eBay. Look right?

ebay.com link: 25pcs 0 1uF 100nF 50V Ceramic Capacitor 104Z Z5V Free Shipping USA

#11199 3 years ago

If the door is staying open:
Its slipping past the latch.
The right door has to be lowered 1/64".
The latch will always work slightly canted.
Lower the right door very slightly without it dragging on the wood.

I think I'm as close the the wood as possible. Hopefully, there is still some room to adjust. If not, bend the plate tab more?

#11204 3 years ago

Posted on old thread, but thought I would post here for others to find....

I followed your (pinballinreno) tip (thank you for all your tips and ideas for working the castle door issues). I lowered the castle playfield flipper power from 12 (normal) to 9. Still can make all the shots and it ensures the ball doesn't hit the doors too hard. In my case, the weight of the ball at normal power (12) was causing door to "jump" over the latch and cause right door to open partially. As you have said, the latch and doors seem to work best when doors are at different heights. But, I had already lowered the right door as far as possible without touching the wood. I will check the return spring to make sure it's not rubbing on the latch as others have suggested.

As a matter of fact, it might be good for most users to lower power to minimize the wear and tear on the doors and the systems that control the doors.

So, for now I'm finally 100% on the doors. Now I can add some of the standard mods.

#11206 3 years ago

My castle power is also at 9.
Good catch. I forgot about high power causing difficulties.
One last thing for games with a few thousand plays like mine:
The black rubber bumper strip inside the latch edge is prone to wear on the right side.
It actually wears at an angle and creates a "ramp" that allows the door stop to slip over the catch.
I just carefully scraped this rubber strip off with a tiny screwdriver, turned it 180 degrees to give it a fresh side, and glued it back on with a couple drops of 5 min epoxy.
This worked exceptionally well.
I have since ordered spares from JJP but the adhesive is so poor, i still epoxied it on.
If you have gone to all the trouble of rebuilding this mech, and got it working perfectly, its worth inspecting this last item.

Super. Will check the rubber and fix if needed.

#11225 3 years ago
Quoted from Rager170:

Yes, its awesome! I have the red one.

I ordered a red one as well.

#11226 3 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

I wondered that myself!

well, if you bang on the doors a few thousand times, it's bound to need some TLC. Plus, who doesn't like to tinker on their pinball machines. That's half the fun!

1 week later
#11269 3 years ago
Quoted from paulbaptiste:

Would like some input please. In the attached picture there is pooling under "There's no place like home" in the left bottom corner. Would this cause any hesitation on your part as a buyer? This is the only thing wrong I've seen on the entire game. Going to look at it shortly for purchase. Appreciate any input!!
[quoted image]

I have the same type of "artifact/pooling" if that's what you call it in that location as well. I put down a piece of mylar which everyone should do anyway to protect the beating that part of the playfield gets. The other important place for mylar is around the tree pops.

#11277 3 years ago

I have "greased the monkey" too, but it still sounds loud when in operation. Never had it "whisper quiet." When I got the machine, it wasn't moving much. When I "greased the monkey," it now moves to operate freely, but again, it's pretty loud. Does that mean it might be binding and something needs adjustment?

#11285 3 years ago
Quoted from jasonbar:

I used Magnalube
amazon.com link »
-Jason

I used white lithium and like others have said, it's a bit messy and "slings around." I might give magnalube or superlube a spin.

#11287 3 years ago

White lithium can dry out and get chalky.
Pure silicone grease will not dry out that way but, both will attract black dust and have to be cleaned with naptha every couple thousand plays.

LTG mentioned I should clean before adding grease. I didn't clean. Maybe I should clean and re-apply the grease. What is naptha?

Thanks.

1 week later
#11304 3 years ago

Navystan, reporting back for duty...

I redid "greasing the Monkey," based on recommendations from this forum. I originally used white lithium, but it didn't seem to help as much as I hoped. Plus, the noise level was still pretty high. This time, I followed "pinballinreno" and "LTG" and other recommendations. I first cleaned with Naptha and then used Superlube. Now, it appears to work smoother and more quietly. Gotta "grease the Monkey" the right way!

#11308 3 years ago

Just got a WoZ RR manufacture date 2015. #392 being shipped. Does anyone know if this version came with Invisiglass and shaker? Thanks.

#11312 3 years ago

Since I'm getting this NIB RR, I want to lay down mylar in the trouble spots. Are there any pre cut pieces for the trouble areas? If not, where's the best place to get large pieces? Thanks.

#11315 3 years ago

JJP has a precut mylar set if it isnt installed already.
It should be already installed.
Generally all you need is mylar beween the pop bumpers and anywhere the ball drops from a wireform.
So, "pops and drops".

Thanks. It's the pops I was most concerned about. Does JJP have these precut for these locations of the pin?

#11320 3 years ago
Quoted from bobukcat:

Earliest versions of RRs did not include shaker, invisiglass or a printed manual, those became standard when they raised the price. I'd have to go back and search my posts for when exactly that was but mine is a July 15 build and I (#394 for what that's worth) had to add them to my order at the that time. They raised the price shortly after that.

Sounds like I will likely have to add glass and shaker since mine is earlier than yours.

1 week later
#11345 3 years ago

Question or thoughts from the "team" including "LTG." I have noticed that JJP is starting to limit the mechanical "toys." First noticed with latest iteration of WoZ YBR and now with GnR. (I'm in on a CE!). First, the most recent WoZ version doesn't have the Flying Monkey. Then, if you noticed, there are no mechanical "toys" in GnR. Everything is essentially static, even the light rods which are great innovation. You could argue the spotlights are mechs, but if they don't work, the game can still be played. I can clearly see how this was a great business decision. Less things to go wrong, especially for games on route, but even easier for home users to do less maintenance. All a far cry from original WoZ and POTC which had almost too many mechs to break down or have issues.

So, I'm not complaining, but just observing. I think it's a good business strategy for JPP and looks like GnR is proving they can balance the use of toys and overall enjoyment of a game.

#11349 3 years ago

Noticed anything odd in this picture?

IMG_3205 (resized).jpegIMG_3205 (resized).jpeg
#11351 3 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Person taking the picture has skinny legs ?

that’s funny

#11355 3 years ago

Boy, you guys have a "Woz" (way) with great humor.

I especially like JJP sent me another RR since the first one didn't have topper. That's what I call great customer service.

The one one the left was DOA, even though it was a NIB. So, the one on the right, I just purchased. It's perfect. The other one will be gone by next Saturday.

1 week later
#11451 3 years ago
Quoted from mikepmcs:

WAIT! WHAT? NIB RR. Did it have a twin!!!?? Talk about find of the year.
Was it the seller out of Az. I saw they had a NIB standard for sale and next to it I saw another NIB WOZ it looked like.

False alarm. The NIB RR had damage, so owner took back. But, he helped me out on other pins. Too bad, it really was a NIB RR. I found a nice RR from another Pinsider. No, it was from a gent in Atlanta, GA.

2 months later
#11863 3 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

7.02 is current. Used in all models, no difference. The only version available is a full install.
Your dongle lets things know whats what.

"Your dongle lets things know whats what." Yikes!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 43.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 29.99
Hardware
Classic Game Rooms

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

11,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Burlingame, CA
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 85.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 16.95
$ 9,800.00
Pinball Machine
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 225.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 29.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 91.00
Machine - For Sale
St. Clair Shores, MI
Lighting - Led
Pinball Mod Co.

Machine - For Sale
Mt Zion, IL
$ 5.00
$ 99.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 55.00
Lighting - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Warner Robins, GA
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider navystan.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/woz-fan-club-members-only?tu=navystan and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.