Topic Stats

• 9,390 posts
  • 517 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 hours ago by BENETNATH
  • Topic is favorited by 236 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 1,251 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

DSC00136 (resized).JPG
DSC00135 (resized).JPG
Capture1 (resized).jpg
Screen Shot 2019-11-15 at 12.47.55 PM (resized).png
DSC_2053 (resized).JPG
DSC_2052 (resized).JPG
DSC_1951 (resized).JPG
DSC_1949 (resized).JPG
55F89334-66EE-490D-BB56-E5C90A33CFF3 (resized).jpeg
image (resized).jpg
DDA8A1AF-F3F5-4302-995E-9B15024E3BE5 (resized).jpeg
D7365133-5712-4E63-AFAB-FFD2DB352547 (resized).jpeg
8D754EBC-78C1-4EB1-91E1-EB9E4A4E5360 (resized).jpeg
E1072C23-E140-4A5D-91E6-38D9623BFA65 (resized).jpeg
20191110_095548 (resized).jpg
20191110_095559 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

8 key posts have been marked in this topic

Post #1 Key posted, but no summary given Posted by TigerLaw (5 years ago)

Post #2584 Fan Replacement details Posted by bhwolf (3 years ago)

Post #7017 How to tell if your WOZ has 2.0 boards Posted by f3honda4me (7 months ago)

Post #7022 Balls not making it to shooter lane from trough - Fix Posted by LTG (7 months ago)

Post #7126 Location of the latest software update/version Posted by mavantix (7 months ago)

Post #7128 Update 7.01 notes - released April 16, 2019 Posted by thewool (7 months ago)

Post #7752 Fan Replacement how to and links Posted by f3honda4me (5 months ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mtp78.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1867 3 years ago

Thinking about buying a woz. Played it last weekend for the first time and was hooked
Questions for owners. The play field was so dark in a dim light room.does the aftermarket light kit make a big difference? And second is the machine reliable. I know things break and light board issues have been addressed. Is it better to buy a recently built machine since the factory might have addressed other issues not talked about.

1 week later
#1966 3 years ago

In the market for a new WOZ. Got a quote for 8k shipped (standard,w invis/g and shaker). Is that a good price? Or anything better out there

2 months later
#2825 2 years ago

Looking to join the club, Just made a deal to buy a freshly made RR on Fri. I did ask if there was any updated to the newly made ones. I was told some electronic hardware has been updated on this new batch. light boards,power supply ans some other things... Not sure if its true or not but that's what I was told by distributor.

Do you really need the cliffy on the the mini playfield above lolli targets?

#2841 2 years ago

Anyone make tasteful side cabinet art that blends in nicely with the playfield. ?

Thanks

#2843 2 years ago

Don't want mirror blades . I was talking about art decals

#2845 2 years ago

Thanks. They look really cool. Anyone have them on their game? Like to see any pics out there. Yellow brick road ones

1 week later
#2877 2 years ago

Question for you guys just got my brand new 75th took it out of the box and it looks like there's a problem with the head decals not sure if I am correct or not wonder if you guys can tell me if there's something wrong with them or not looks like the color is missing on the edges

1481123929256-574557607 (resized).jpg

20161207_100704 (resized).jpg

20161207_093208 (resized).jpg

#2879 2 years ago

No reflection that's what they look like with the white lines almost looks like it's peeling away game was manufactured November of this year

#2881 2 years ago

Appreciate the response, I know nothing is perfect but I think this is a little much . I did expect better quality control on a JJP game for the price you pay. The other side has the same issue just not as much severe as the right side.

#2883 2 years ago

Finally joined the Club, Some out of box issues as noted above. Been wanting one for years, It sits next to it's evil cousin....

20161207_103238 (resized).jpg

#2886 2 years ago

Happy to report Frank from JJP called me . They are sending out a tech to re decal the head. I appreciate the fast service.they seem to really stand behind their product

#2894 2 years ago

I think anything mechanical and electronic will have some issues. I just put a lot of interest how a company handles it. I myself was surprised by some of the issues. I wanted a new production machine thinking all bugs would be out of the game by now. No luck. But the JJP team is on top of it and I feel will stand behind their product. I was impressed they were sending a tech out to handle issues.

2 weeks later
#2978 2 years ago

Received my NIB RR a few weeks ago, Had out of box issues that have mostly been repaired. Still have monkey issues after being fixed. Monkey works about 80 % of the time. After being adjusted still doesn't pick up every time.

Question I have is now every time I push the left flipper button the lower playfield lights strobe a white color. I know this is not normal. I am calling JJP tomorrow. Just curious is this a dependable game? Or every week or two I am going to have an issue ?

I total understand things break and nothing is perfect it just seems s little excessive all the issues I have had. The game was produced nov of this year. I did already voice my concerns to JJP. I was told that the latest run of WOZ'S have had more issues than other runs. I am confident that everything with get fixed eventually, Just a little frustrated.

#2985 2 years ago

Topper looks great. Dig the color changes...

2 weeks later
#3016 2 years ago

I just installed indypin version. Very happy with the result. That area was way to dark. I useda red bulb.

I also installed indys wizard black sleeve.and put in mezels fire pots. The fire pots is the coolest thing so far on the game. On the list for the smoke witch and i am done.

1484429662243-1284016180 (resized).jpg

#3033 2 years ago

I have a RR that was made this past Nov. Anyone have an issue with the castle double doors, On lite hits the right door will open a little bit and sometimes the ball sneaks up there and sits behind the left door and the game has to go into ball search and finally open both doors and have the ball fall in the vuk to get the game going again.

Talked to JJP, they heard of the issue before and just don't know a fix yet, Just curious if any once else has had this issue.

#3044 2 years ago
Quoted from ramsfan:

Does anyone else have an issue with EXTREMELY tight play field glass. In other words, at first I had to pry it out of there, literally with a screwdriver at the top near the back box. It felt like it was glued in. I have taken the glass off 30 or so times now, and it is still extremely difficult.

I have noticed this also...my stern is not like that..

#3060 2 years ago
Quoted from ls1chris:

beside the flipper mech for the munchkin PF there is a light board that almost touches that assembly. i added a rubber oring as an insulator and reseated the connector as i had the same issue. put in led test mode, lift the PF and start wiggling the connectors if that area you will find it pretty quick. you can also mash the flipper buttons also to help localize where it is.

What I found was a broken wire with one of the 6 " data cables. Been waiting a week still no cable, Hopefully today I get it from JJP. I think I will have still a lite issue besides the cable. Will wait to install the new cable and make sure everything else is seated correctly. Would love this machine to finally work correctly like it should have out of the box. Overall in the almost 2 months I had this machine its had issue after issue. I think this might be my last JJP machine, unless they do Toy Story then my son might force me to get it.

2 weeks later
#3181 2 years ago

Just want praise to the JJP team . I bought a nib 75th nov 16. Had alot of issues. Steve from Jjp actually came to my house and fixed the game it finally plays perfect. Really great company that wants to see its customer satisfied. Cant thank Frank and Steve from JJP enough

3 weeks later
#3479 2 years ago
Quoted from moonduckie78:

Not as jealous as ME. Bought a NIB WOZRR75 2 weeks ago, over the phone, from a large distributor in CT. Stated explicitly that I was ONLY interested in purchasing a NIB with a Build Date on/after 12/15/16. Was told absolutely 100% that's what they have and that's what I would get. NIB shows up with 11/10/16 stamped on the box. I call distributor and they change their tune & tell me they can't control which box gets pulled from the warehouse. Wouldn't have bothered me TOO much, except I am having A TON of issues with this particular unit. No exaggeration. No need to bitch & complain about the specifics, but I will say that JJP has been GREAT so far in doing everything they possibly can (short of sending me a replacement machine to swap out) to try and get this m-f'ing lemon of a pinball working. They have even offered to send a local tech out to my place, on their dime. Really 'above & beyond' customer/tech support from JJP. It's the only reason I'm not freaking out right now. I've had my NIB WOZRR75 for 11 days, and I've only been able to enjoy it for maybe 2-3 hours. As of right now, it's completely unplayable, and I'm waiting for a box of replacement parts to arrive.
So yeah......NOT AS JEALOUS AS ME!!! :'(

I would have never accepted the game if Mike at automated agreed to sell you a different dated machine than he agreed to on purchase. I had the same issues if not more with my 11/25 made 75th. Mike doesn't want to here of any issues, When I first called and complained about the issues out of the box he actually got an attitude over the phone with me. That said, JJP has been great and finally got my machine up and running 100%

4 months later
#3993 2 years ago

Anyone still having light board issues still? I bought NIB 75th Nov. 17 build date. My upper light just went out for the third time. This time its #31. So the upper castle has to come off again . I know some guys have very few issues for some reason mine has. I use wizards to clean the playfield as recommened

JJP has been great with support and I love the game, Its starting to get a little frustrating. I know 2.0 system came out a month after my game got built. I just feel JJP devalued our games with the 7.5 v boards. I know if I was looking today I would rather have the newer system than the older.

Frank told me the rumor is they might come out with a conversation kit to 2.0 at a later date. It be really nice if Jack would address this issue and offer it to owners that our interested.

#4043 2 years ago

Just fixed mine, Taking the castle playfield off was a lot easier than I thought, I actually had two boards out. She is working fine now. As long as JJP supports the game I am keeping it.

I think all of us that have issues with the 7.5 boards would love to have the newer system

5 months later
#4746 1 year ago

Gotta luv the support jjp gives....that's why I keep buying their games !

2 weeks later
#4883 1 year ago
Quoted from LTG:

It automatically happened after he put a custom message in.
LTG : )

How do you store the custom message ? I entered the message I wanted and then hit the start button and nothing happen

4 weeks later
#5016 1 year ago

Had an issue with castle exit wire form optics not working. I traced the issue to the orange wire on main optics board connector came out of the pigtail ..easy fix

At the time i noticed castle doors are now opening with only one impact...not the usual three....check all connectors. All good.... any thoughts ??????

#5019 1 year ago
Quoted from pinstadium:

I have not had this issue specifically but I did have a motor go out on my right castle door causing it not to open at all. Initially I thought it was an adjustment but turned out it was not. However after having that mini playfield off at least 7-8 times I became familiar with the layout of the doors. With that said one of my thoughts is that it sounds like maybe the switches got bumped during the fix or wires polled the switch and it is stuck on. When you go into switch test does it show those castle doors switches activated?
To test the switch and the opening and closing of them to see if all is good you can manually prsss down on the metal release underneath and see how it registers. Check the wires and screws holding them. They may need adjustment. There are some pics of this assembly in this thread in the “image gallery” that will help.
Just some guesses.

Thanks, i am going to reach out to Frank at JJP and see what he says ..I will report back after we find the cause

1 week later
#5049 1 year ago
Quoted from pinstadium:

I have not had this issue specifically but I did have a motor go out on my right castle door causing it not to open at all. Initially I thought it was an adjustment but turned out it was not. However after having that mini playfield off at least 7-8 times I became familiar with the layout of the doors. With that said one of my thoughts is that it sounds like maybe the switches got bumped during the fix or wires pulled the switch and it is stuck on(making contact). When you go into switch test does it show those castle doors switches activated?
To test the switch and the opening and closing of them to see if all is good you can manually press down on the metal release underneath and see how it registers. Check the wires and screws holding them. They may need adjustment. There are some pics of this assembly in this thread in the “image gallery” that will help.
Just some guesses.

Talked to frank , he told me to activate the castle door switch in the matrix...i did that and switches are working correctly. I also banged around to see if and switches activate from vibration..all is okay. I am thinking about reloading the latest code to see if it has any effect....besides that i am stumped.

1 year later
#6701 9 months ago

Anyone interested in a Smoke Witch Mod ? Had it on my machine for 6 months...I have all the hardware and original instructions and box... $350.00 plus shipping....pm me if interested

2 months later
#7179 7 months ago
Quoted from apinballwiz:

I think you purchased a floor model. Seems to be what he had advertised on website for a bit. Not necessarily a bad thing!

You might have purchased mine I traded in 2 months ago...It was in pristine condition, He told me he was going to convert to 2.0 system and put up for sale. when was the game made?

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 2.50
Playfield - Protection
Pinball Mod Co.
$ 156.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ModFather Pinball Mods
8,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
New York, NY
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball LEDs
Machine - For Sale
Saint James, NY
$ 99.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Sales

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mtp78.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside