767a905f-f768-44f4-b3e3-b2998967ff3c_text.gif
Photo Mar 30 2024, 5 42 30 PM (resized).jpg
20240316_125739 (resized).jpg
20240314_221748 (resized).jpg
20240314_215727 (resized).jpg
841FD4A1-7C8E-4E32-973D-DD8D05C4902E (resized).png
3D72BC84-0D17-44A1-B683-A17D4B722FF3 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

12 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #1 Key posted, but no summary given Posted by TigerLaw (10 years ago)

Post #2584 Fan Replacement details Posted by bhwolf (7 years ago)

Post #7017 How to tell if your WOZ has 2.0 boards Posted by f3honda4me (5 years ago)

Post #7022 Balls not making it to shooter lane from trough - Fix Posted by LTG (5 years ago)

Post #7126 Location of the latest software update/version Posted by mavantix (5 years ago)

Post #7128 Update 7.01 notes - released April 16, 2019 Posted by thewool (5 years ago)

Post #7752 Fan Replacement how to and links Posted by f3honda4me (4 years ago)

Post #11015 Adjustment advice for the monkey Posted by LTG (3 years ago)

Post #12537 7.03 Code Release Posted by bobukcat (2 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider meri-cah.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#9346 4 years ago

Had a hell of a game this morning. Actually beat it and melted the witch. 1.5 million on the board. The game stopped and my flippers went dead. I watched the screen and it showed the wicked witch melting. It was super awesome and I’m beyond belief that I beat it. Now, waiting for my MMrRE. Haha! Good times, great game. Blew me
Away!

#9375 4 years ago
Quoted from LukyDuck:

Curious question...I have two drilled out holes on one of my ramps and nothing attached to this location. This is on a brand new RR.
Can anyone tell me what they are for or what they were once used for?[quoted image]

These holes (at least on my machine WoZRR) are where the “additional” interactive twister is mounted. The additional twister has lights and strobe in twister mode inside the actual twister. Yes I know I said twister a lot. On the bottom of the additional twister are 2 little plastic push button things that go into those 2 holes you see there. I’m at work but can post a picture later if needed. Hope this helps.

4 months later
#10025 4 years ago
Quoted from harryhoudini:

If anyone is wanting a playfield I bought one of these and they are in fantastic condition. The defect in mine is not really even noticeable.
ebay.com link

I purchased one from this seller as well. No defect visible what so ever. Under the house playfield the green line was just a little bit not-so-solid printed. Completely invisible when installed and would never even know it if my current RR had this same printing as well. Excellent for wall art currently and perfect for a playfield swap in 10 years!

#10039 4 years ago

Ok, so all this amazing talk about Lloyd. Maybe he can help. My crystal ball is “lagging”. The videos that are supposed to play are playing late. Meaning they don’t match up to gameplay. I have reseated all cables, flashed a new sd card image (thanks to harryhoudini for the image), and even updated the software to run 7.02. Still lagging. Where do I go from here?

#10043 4 years ago

It’s about a 3-5 second lag. It worked perfectly for the entire time I’ve owned the game. Over a year. Then a few weeks ago out of the blue it started lagging. The screen seems fine. Images are good. Just now lagging. It’s weird. Like when you get the crystal ball for the witch to give you something (ie weak flippers, lights on, etc) after it gives you whatever then the screen displays the witch looking into the crystal ball.

#10047 4 years ago
Quoted from adol75:

Mine has always had some kind of a lag, I figured it was related to the time between getting the command and loading the asset.
I never though about it but it might be a good idea to test a high speed sd card. Anyone knows if the card can be copied ?

Harryhoudini was gracious enough to share the image file for the sd card. I have a high speed one in there and it still lags. Just weird that it used to be spot on and look nice. Then out of the blue it started lagging. Gonna try some other stuff today. Maybe reroute the wire more directly to avoid any other interference. That’s the only thing I can think of.
Thanks for all the help. It’s nice to have a pinball community

#10051 4 years ago

Nothing happened and nothing was done different. Literally just one day playing and noticed the crystal ball wasn’t right. I was troubleshooting when I reseated the card and cable. Then imaged a new card. Then updated software. Then imaged the original card. Still lagging. So to answer, I was in the troubleshooting stages when I tried a new image on a new card

#10060 4 years ago
Quoted from Rager170:

Is that easy to copy to another card?

It’s simple. At least with a MacBook Pro. I literally downloaded the file. Put in a card, and wrote it. Easy as that

4 weeks later
#10284 3 years ago

I want to order a replacement screen for my crystal ball. I’ve put in a new SD card and it’s still lagging quite a bit. Some have said my screen is going bad. I don’t mind the $60 for the part but $20 for shipping and handling is outta control! Any other places have those screens? Or do I need to bite the bullet?

3 weeks later
#10519 3 years ago

Has anyone installed Pingraffix art blades to their WoZ? I just got them in the mail and am looking for install opinions. My ghostbusters was super easy. Unplugged 3 connectors and took the entire playfield out. WoZ has a lot more connectors.

Thoughts?

#10523 3 years ago

Ok. SUCCESS IN PINGRAFFIX BLADES!! So, I pulled the playfield toward me until the furthest back rubber sat on the lock down bar area (lockdown bar removed of course). I propped up the back of the playfield above the height of the side rails. Then there it was! Fully available side to stick to. I use basic small clamps from harbor freight and “lock” it in place. Then I slowly peel away the back and stick on. No wrinkle. Just perfect!

26AD9A6C-227A-4E23-8AE9-F6E038D99984.jpeg26AD9A6C-227A-4E23-8AE9-F6E038D99984.jpeg5E3BAD25-C8AC-4EE6-BFE4-6C6BDC1FD235.jpeg5E3BAD25-C8AC-4EE6-BFE4-6C6BDC1FD235.jpeg
#10530 3 years ago
Quoted from Rager170:

I noticed in this picture that you removed the witches tube and put in trees. I had the same idea but never could find trees to fit well.
Can I ask where you got them from?

I bought these trees off amazon. They were around $12 and came in a 28 pack. Only needed 3 or so. Couldn’t stand the witch’s tube. Not once have they trapped the ball or blocked anything. If you’re near Phoenix you can have a couple of trees for free! Haha. Prop up your playfield and do the side art stickers. Looks incredible and is easy if you do what I did in the pictures I posted.

361049C4-30C2-4576-B31A-23180E227166.jpeg361049C4-30C2-4576-B31A-23180E227166.jpeg
2 weeks later
#10728 3 years ago

Yes! I have the pingraffix ones. Just installed about a week ago. Look at my post for tips on installation. It’s easier than you think and they look great

1 month later
#10954 3 years ago
Quoted from jasonbar:

I don't recall where that blue stool came from, but we have a few of these & like them quite a bit. Small, fold flat, carry handle, solid, lots of fun colors:
amazon.com link »
Thanks,
-Jason

We have many of these stools as well. Any Marshall’s, TJ Maxx, Home Goods whatever. My wife gets them for $8. So worth it

4 months later
#11629 3 years ago

Ok. So after many months of troubleshooting. I’m looking for any input/assistance to help.

Problem: one of my speaker lines cuts in and out through the game. Results in major volume swings up and down.

Solutions so far:
*replaced rca speaker lines with high end monster cables. No change
*replaced the in line sound filters. No change
*inspected sound board. Just to make sure re-flowed solder. No change

With the backglass off, I have swapped the input RCA cables from the back of each speaker. It then makes that specific speaker cut in and out.

I’m trying to figure out a way to have the game on, playfield lifted, and wiggle the sound cables to figure out what is the problem. Any ideas on how to do this?

RR 75th build date 10/2014

The issue is intermittent but does occur during every game. Sometimes is triggered during multiball. The sound is moderate then multiball makes is super loud. Then changes during multiball. So don’t think it’s a software glitch. Definitely feel something with sound board. New board is $150 but I have no idea if that will fix the problem.

Thanks in advance

#11634 3 years ago
Quoted from MrMikeman:

Had something similar on my ECLE and it was a bad connection (3.5mm plug) on a filter. Put it in test mode and play a continuous soundtrack loop. While it's playing start wiggling all the audio connectors. You should be able to find the source of the bad connection.

I bypassed the ground loop isolator. No change. I’ve swapped all the 3.5mm cables. No change. My thoughts are a bad connection on the audio board. Since mine is a 2014 build the computer is under the playfield. That’s where I’m having issues trying to mess with the connections with the game on.

I’ll keep working on things. I know I will have to have the machine on and wiggle the connections to narrow down my issue. Will report back after the weekend when I have more time.

Thanks

#11641 3 years ago

Had a few hours to work on the game today. Was able to put machine in test sound mode and lift playfield to get to the sound board. Determined to be a bad RCA input on the board. Replaced that and solved the speaker cutting in/out issue. Still had the volume raising and lowering during game play. Reset software and restored defaults to volume options. 2 games played and so far perfect. Holding out hope it’s fixed. Love this game.

#11643 3 years ago
Quoted from pinballinreno:

Are you running the current code?

Yes. 7.02

6 months later
#12619 2 years ago

Ok all…. Probably LTG’s expertise but any help is appreciated. I’m guessing it’s my light boards but my lights are all going crazy!! Not out just flickering in all crazy directions. I have the 7.5V buffered boards. To my understanding if the boards go bad they go out. Didn’t know if the boards are going bad they would flicker like crazy. Ideas anyone? If I have to order boards I will just do it but wasn’t sure if that was the problem.

Thanks in advance everyone.

#12624 2 years ago

Well after much troubleshooting with each board one at a time there is a good possibility that the main FTYBR board is bad. Problem is the issue is intermittent and it’s not just one board. Somewhere there is an issue that occasionally causes ALL the lights to flicker and go crazy. No matter which board I bypass it still sometimes happens. Very weird but it is what it is. Seems to be working the best by bypassing the main board and turning it off in the system settings. JJP responded that MAYBE by the end of the year they would have 2.0 light boards in stock. Pretty shitty if you ask me since JJP fully is aware of the light board issue and can’t even offer the upgraded boards for sale. Hopefully it’s sooner rather than later that I can drop a lovely $800 on the new boards.

#12633 2 years ago
Quoted from apinballwiz:

I assume you've tried reseating the cables? I found a bad one contributing to the symptoms like you're having.

Yes. I removed and reseated every cable. It was just weird to me that all the boards have flashing issues when it occurs. Not like one has gone out or caused the issue. I’ve bypassed boards both with cables and in the system. Even shutting off possibly suspect boards the issue still persists. But it’s intermittent.

I have sent the email requesting to be added to a 2.0 light board list. I have always figured this day would be coming since I have a 2014 build with 7.5v buffered boards. In the end it’ll be an $800 fix given the cost of the boards. I just hope JJP doesn’t inflate the cost any more given this should have been corrected in the first place.

#12638 2 years ago
Quoted from adol75:

Did you also reseat the ones on the motherboard side ? Sometimes when I lift the playfield, the harness pulls with it which pull on the Mobo side.

I did check and reseat almost all the cables. I’m out of town for the holiday and when I get back I’m going to try again. I’m not convinced it’s a board issue given every board is affected. Even with bypassing boards.

Thanks for all the tips from everyone. I will report back in about a week or two

#12646 2 years ago

Found the culprit!! After several hours of “plug and play and test and turn off and etc etc etc” I located this faulty GI board. Of course this one was located UNDER the castle playfield. One that I didn’t touch before. I was thankfully able to reach in from the left side and bypass the board. The machine is back to running perfect and this light board only illuminated the one post light in the castle playfield that’s located UNDER the spot light. So you can’t even tell it’s missing!

At this point I’ll probably just order the single replacement from JJP. Unless one of the huge main boards go out I don’t think it would be a good investment to move to the 2.0 boards. Especially since they have reported to be much darker.

Thanks to everyone here for all the tips. It was a pain in the a$$ but in the end my game is up and running perfect again.

Cheers! Time for alcohol and pinball

2C6AABE7-FE40-4883-ABA9-AC91CE7E5D93.jpeg2C6AABE7-FE40-4883-ABA9-AC91CE7E5D93.jpeg
3 months later
#12975 2 years ago

Every time I melt her I still get chills! Such an amazing part of this awesome game.

DE438397-10BD-48F6-B8EA-CD7A7B91DF17.jpegDE438397-10BD-48F6-B8EA-CD7A7B91DF17.jpeg
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

11,300 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Spokane Valley, WA
Machine - For Sale
St. Clair Shores, MI
$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 199.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 115.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 16.95
14,356 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Roswell, GA
$ 29.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 43.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Wanted
$ 5.00
$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 345.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 130.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 85.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider meri-cah.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/woz-fan-club-members-only?tu=meri-cah and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.