767a905f-f768-44f4-b3e3-b2998967ff3c_text.gif
Photo Mar 30 2024, 5 42 30 PM (resized).jpg
20240316_125739 (resized).jpg
20240314_221748 (resized).jpg
20240314_215727 (resized).jpg
841FD4A1-7C8E-4E32-973D-DD8D05C4902E (resized).png
3D72BC84-0D17-44A1-B683-A17D4B722FF3 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

12 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #1 Key posted, but no summary given Posted by TigerLaw (10 years ago)

Post #2584 Fan Replacement details Posted by bhwolf (7 years ago)

Post #7017 How to tell if your WOZ has 2.0 boards Posted by f3honda4me (5 years ago)

Post #7022 Balls not making it to shooter lane from trough - Fix Posted by LTG (5 years ago)

Post #7126 Location of the latest software update/version Posted by mavantix (5 years ago)

Post #7128 Update 7.01 notes - released April 16, 2019 Posted by thewool (5 years ago)

Post #7752 Fan Replacement how to and links Posted by f3honda4me (4 years ago)

Post #11015 Adjustment advice for the monkey Posted by LTG (3 years ago)

Post #12537 7.03 Code Release Posted by bobukcat (2 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider lschmidlin.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#3893 6 years ago

Hi guys - looking for input, please.

The LED green strip lighting to my Throne Room acrylic is out. I've tried to trace the wires under the playfield but they get lost immediately into various bundles.

I checked the diagnostics and the LED tests don't have the throne room acrylic on it. Every other LED seems to be in the test menu except for this one, so I have no idea where the wires run to or from.

Has anyone had issues with this LED strip? Any thoughts? Am most curious of course as to what board and connector it might be.

Could be the small LED strip itself as well but it looks intact. Not sure how to test it.

Any thoughts? Thanks. Larry

#3896 6 years ago

Very good. Thanks guys. I'm decent at the mechanical stuff but terrible at the electrical. But testing the voltage at the connector I can handle! Sounds like that is likely the case. Really cool that you even gave me the part number. I'll test it later today. Thanks again. Larry

#3902 6 years ago

Done! You guys were absolutely right. Beautiful voltage to the connector. Must be the LED strip. I did buy NIB just a month ago so I'll contact them tomorrow. Thanks again. Larry

1 week later
#3911 6 years ago

Thanks again guys. Got the part yesterday and he's looking good-n-green again! Appreciate the help.

IMG_9336 (resized).JPGIMG_9336 (resized).JPG

3 weeks later
#3967 6 years ago

Hey guys – anyone else having trouble installing 6.50 released yesterday? Downloaded and extracted the file according to the instructions – game attempts to update from USB update screen but goes right back to the game homescreen within about 5 seconds and shows version 6.06. Tried 2 different USB sticks.

#3970 6 years ago

Thanks guys – thought I was so careful with the instructions, but not so. Didn't erase the auto generated file name on extracting. I looked and it seemed okay, but indeed needed to be erased with only file location showing, e:\. Anyway, works great. Utilities say 6.50 and I saw the floating scores so know I'm good! On to Hobbit... Thanks again.

2 months later
#4323 6 years ago
Quoted from Slingshot:

On another note where can I find led flipper buttons for our game?
Thanks!

Not sure this was ever answered and would love to know as well. Same for The Hobbit.

I've seen green LED flipper buttons and they look awesome, but not sure where to get them. Thanks.

#4325 6 years ago

Love BriteMods and have them on about a dozen machines but website does not say configured for JJP. Williams/Bally, Stern only.

Will they work on JJP?

Thanks.

1 month later
#4475 6 years ago

I posted this on the JJP Facebook site – but was worth sharing with my brotheren here!

Again, more innovation that just blows me away. I was working on the machine and noticed that the playfield lights are coordinated with the logo images. Crazy.

IMG_0433 (resized).JPGIMG_0433 (resized).JPG

IMG_0435 (resized).JPGIMG_0435 (resized).JPG

1 week later
#4547 6 years ago

I replaced mine just a few months ago. Fit well and was definitely green. I would write JJP Tech Support. Does indeed seem like the wrong part. Wizard needs to be green!

1 month later
#4877 6 years ago

Getting ready for my party tomorrow night. These games never cease to amaze me.

IMG_0848 (resized).JPGIMG_0848 (resized).JPG

IMG_0849 (resized).JPGIMG_0849 (resized).JPG

#4884 6 years ago

Hitting the start button should have saved it. But you are right, nothing grandiose happens and it doesn't really look like you did save it. But exit out of the menu now and search attract mode and it should be there.

You can also download one personal picture which I think is fun. Here is my dog on Hobbit.

Sorry for those of you on both the WOZ and TH owners threads. Don't mean to duplicate messages – just having fun with my machines today.

IMG_0853 (resized).JPGIMG_0853 (resized).JPG

6 months later
#5713 5 years ago

Darn throne room LED. Have had the game a year and a half and just ordered my third one from JJP.

Any reason this particular LED strip keeps going out and/or any best practices to keep it working? Thanks!

IMG_2426 (resized).JPGIMG_2426 (resized).JPG
1 week later
#5765 5 years ago
Quoted from Soulrider911:

I guess this LED is notorious for going out ya?

Yep! Just replaced my third one in a year. Ordered 3 from JJP. Obviously a cheap part – wish they would go with another manufacturer.

Interestingly, the LED is getting power but circuitry on the strip must go bad.

Here are before and after shots of the strip! And the final outcome

IMG_2480 (resized).JPGIMG_2480 (resized).JPGIMG_2482 (resized).JPGIMG_2482 (resized).JPGIMG_2485 (resized).JPGIMG_2485 (resized).JPG
#5795 5 years ago
Quoted from Soulrider911:

Winkie target in! Such a must for this game.

You reminded me that I need this! Was just on Mezel Mods and looks like they're out of stock. I think that's the only place that carries them, right?

3 years later
#13724 1 year ago

Call out volume: very faint ?!?
Hi guys – sorry if this has been addressed but I only saw one post with the same question a few years ago and it wasn’t answered. Playing last night and all of the sudden the callouts are very faint, almost can’t hear them. But the music is at full volume. Reboot didn’t help. Haven’t lifted the hood yet but ready to dig in – thought I’d start with the experts first. Any suggestions? Note: Emerald city edition, bought NIB 2013, 7.02 code.
Thanks! Larry

8AB5BFDE-D89E-4B02-B9B4-811F37F1A18A (resized).jpeg8AB5BFDE-D89E-4B02-B9B4-811F37F1A18A (resized).jpeg
#13729 1 year ago
Quoted from Pinballomatic:

Also reseat carefully

meSz @pinballomatic. Shoot, I felt so good about your direction and pushing the start button but to no avail. But it did help me to understand the RCA cables and board much better, so thanks for that. It would’ve taken me hours.

I then reseated all the RCA cables coming into the box and sound board, but callouts are still barely audible. Now that I understand the location of all this better, I’ll go back and try again tomorrow, along with checking the speaker connections. I’ll keep you posted but keep the hints coming.

Thanks again.

#13741 1 year ago

meSz Pinballomatic pinballinreno

Callouts are back! Thanks guys. You were a huge help and it is appreciated.

Never had to go to the loop isolators but I better understand them now for next time. I just reseated everything a second time including a few other audio wires.

Was super happy when I pressed the start button and heard the witch laugh. Thanks again.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 345.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 85.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 29.99
Hardware
Classic Game Rooms

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Playfield - Other
RavSpec

Lighting - Interactive
Pinball Mod Co.

13,000 (OBO)
Electronics
Skillshot Combo

$ 16.95
$ 130.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 43.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Lighting - Led
Pinball Mod Co.

9,300 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Santa Maria, CA
$ 91.00
$ 9,800.00
Pinball Machine
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 115.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

Wanted
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider lschmidlin.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/woz-fan-club-members-only?tu=lschmidlin and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.