20240314_221748 (resized).jpg
20240314_215727 (resized).jpg
841FD4A1-7C8E-4E32-973D-DD8D05C4902E (resized).png
3D72BC84-0D17-44A1-B683-A17D4B722FF3 (resized).jpeg
WOZ lightboard 2 (resized).jpg
WOZ lightboard 1 (resized).jpg
20240309_110050 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

12 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #1 Key posted, but no summary given Posted by TigerLaw (10 years ago)

Post #2584 Fan Replacement details Posted by bhwolf (7 years ago)

Post #7017 How to tell if your WOZ has 2.0 boards Posted by f3honda4me (5 years ago)

Post #7022 Balls not making it to shooter lane from trough - Fix Posted by LTG (5 years ago)

Post #7126 Location of the latest software update/version Posted by mavantix (5 years ago)

Post #7128 Update 7.01 notes - released April 16, 2019 Posted by thewool (5 years ago)

Post #7752 Fan Replacement how to and links Posted by f3honda4me (4 years ago)

Post #11015 Adjustment advice for the monkey Posted by LTG (3 years ago)

Post #12537 7.03 Code Release Posted by bobukcat (2 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider lermods.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#3172 7 years ago

A little bit of woz modding,.trough and backboard light...what a beautiful game!

20170203_162343 (resized).jpg20170203_162343 (resized).jpg

#3174 7 years ago
Quoted from Radius118:

That being said though, is there a preferred spot to access power?
Thanks!

Topper plug

1 week later
#3287 7 years ago

Anyone interested in trading their WOZ for my hobbit Smaug?

1 week later
#3392 7 years ago

I only learned recently that Novus 1 can be used for cleaning playfields. I was using simple green prior with good results, but Novus 1 is milder.

#3425 7 years ago

I saw a similar screen on my hobbit LE yesterday for the first time, but the game then booted and played normal. Said Unbunto. Never saw it befote. Will be interested to hear what the diagnosis is.

#3426 7 years ago

Have a lead on a woz ecle from 2014 that supposedly had the light boards replaced. The game has no mods and is a four owner game. Conditions looks to be very nice. What price are these changing hands?

What was the cabinet style back then, direct print?

Thx

Thx

#3432 7 years ago

Thanks, I looked back at the pinside archive, most were selling between 7-7.5k. This is an unmodded game, I was thnking 7200-$7300 would be fair, maybe a little more if the light boards were replaced. There aren't a lot for sale and history seems limited so hard to price.

Quoted from pinballinreno:

A lot of ECLEWOZ numbered 0 to 1000 are selling at $7900 to $8500 with low plays (less than 300).
A couple I saw were NIB, but I think those have dried up.
Im also looking for a NIB one...
I have 3500 plays on mine with original 7.5v un-buffered boards.
I have never had a single glitch or failure, but i havent routed the game either.
The game is like brand new.

Quoted from TRAMD:

I would say $7300 would be a steal and $8000 would be a bit high so $7600-7700 range is probably pretty fair in decent condition with no major issues. I think the RR75 and mostly overblown fears of light board issues really hurt the prices on the ECLE, which is good for you as a buyer! The ECLE is very pretty too. I have a standard that I overpaid for at $7900. It was in great condition but had an intermittent light board issue (that I wasn't told about when I purchased it, perhaps they didn't know?). It turned out to be one small board. JJP support helped me find out which one was the problem, sent me a replacement at no charge and I've had zero issues since.

#3433 7 years ago

guys, are these the upgraded light boards? I'm going to call JJP with the serial number to confirm what was replaced.

IMG_2428 (resized).JPGIMG_2428 (resized).JPG

IMG_2426 (resized).JPGIMG_2426 (resized).JPG

IMG_2430 (resized).JPGIMG_2430 (resized).JPG

#3438 7 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

guys, are these the upgraded light boards? I'm going to call JJP with the serial number to confirm what was replaced.

I just spoke with jjp, the boards pictured are original and have an older firmware associated with them v1.1, you can see it in the pic. Replacement all the boards is $800-1000 and to upgrade the firmware would require replacement of the i/o board potentially. Not all boards have failed and it's possible if they haven't by now, they won't, but that's not certain.

Pretty disappointed as I had a trade for my smaug for this woz, which otherwise looks beautiful, but I'm not comfortable taking the risk unless there is a significant discount to compensate for these potential light issues. With my luck, they would fail a week after I got the game.

#3443 7 years ago

What firmware are your light boards running? The game i was looking at was v1.1/rev 39. The way it was explained to me with this version, the i/o board could also need replacing as just replacing the light boards could cause issues with the colors, including red lighting blue or green lighting red, etc. Basically, the older light boards were wired backwards so you can't just install a new buffered board. I'm not an expert, this is just how I understood it, maybe this is wrong. Totally agree not all games are affected and it likely is in the minority, but a lot have been affected, and you take a risk as even with a jjp discount, you are looking at $600- $1000 to fix them all.

1 month later
#3708 7 years ago

i'm looking at a ruby red manufactured in april 2015. does this game have light boards that are less prone to failure, or is it the same risk as any other woz from this date and earlier? Seller indicated he's replaced three boards so I'm thinking it's not really any better.

Also, what were the standard options provided with the RR? Obviously, red trim, but was there a topper, invisiglass and shaker? did it have the wood apron or was that just the ECLE? anything else?

thx

1 week later
#3761 6 years ago

Finally joined the club, picked up a 2015 RR yesterday. What a fantastic game, much better in a HUO environment. Scored 894k on the first game, my best score on WOZ. The game is a lot darker than I had remembered so I lit it up with a color changing backboard light, a red trough light and a purple light mod for the forest just below the castle. My phone doesn't do well with LEDs (and pinside doesn't help with compressing the files) so I realize the pics may look all washed out, but in person it is really sharp and provides a lot of clarity to the playfield. I really did not like how dark the forest was.

20170422_194221 (resized).jpg20170422_194221 (resized).jpg

before...

20170423_075927 (resized).jpg20170423_075927 (resized).jpg

after, with trough and backboard

20170423_110656 (resized).jpg20170423_110656 (resized).jpg

after with forest lit purple...

20170423_123042 (resized).jpg20170423_123042 (resized).jpg

#3763 6 years ago
Quoted from Schabs81:

I like that forest light where u get that

Its a new mod we have. Not listed yet. It will probably be listed for $15 on our site tomorrow, plus you'll need a splitter if you have a topper, which we will include for $7.50. No shipping charge. Not entirely sure this will be the price but we will honor it for pinsiders

Pm me if you want one.

#3764 6 years ago

The lighted forest mod is now available on our website.

http://lermods.com/products/wizard-of-oz-pinball-led-strip-illuminated-forest-mod

If you want additional woz mods, let me know and ill make a splitter with more connections at no addiitonal cost beyond what we charge for a 2-connection splitter at a reasonable $6.99. These run off the topper connection for simplicity and ease of install.

Thx

wizard-of-oz-pinball-led-strip-illuminated-forest-mod-2 (resized).JPGwizard-of-oz-pinball-led-strip-illuminated-forest-mod-2 (resized).JPG

1 week later
#3838 6 years ago

I installed a newly redesigned winkie tsrget from mezel mod, what a cool mod!

20170507_195622 (resized).jpg20170507_195622 (resized).jpg

#3849 6 years ago
Quoted from TRAMD:

I'd like to buy the following mods:
- Forest light
- tree eye lights
- black wizard sheath
- throne room fire pots
- Dorothy and company figures
- lighted winkie
Where/who are the best places to get these?
Also, are there good blades for this game?

We've got the forest light

http://lermods.com/products/wizard-of-oz-pinball-led-strip-illuminated-forest-mod

I have the mezel throne room pots and like them a lot. I also just installed their new redesigned winkie, which i think looks awesome.

My game wont fit mirror blades unfortunately. Titl and pingraffix sell two versions of pinblades.

1 month later
#3968 6 years ago

What is the name of the directory on your thumb drive?

Quoted from lschmidlin:

Hey guys – anyone else having trouble installing 6.50 released yesterday? Downloaded and extracted the file according to the instructions – game attempts to update from USB update screen but goes right back to the game homescreen within about 5 seconds and shows version 6.06. Tried 2 different USB sticks.

3 weeks later
#4076 6 years ago

Same way you do it with stern or Bw games. You can connect directly to the lugs on the cabinet speaker.

3 weeks later
#4155 6 years ago

We have some new magnetic pin cups available for WOZ that mimics the green (ECLE) or red (RR) powder coating. $17.50 shipped.
https://lermods.com/products/wizard-of-oz-pinball-machine-magnetic-cupholders-069d97ae-908e-40d1-b532-55c3a269b94a
pinball-machine-magnetic-cupholder-green-glitter (resized).JPGpinball-machine-magnetic-cupholder-green-glitter (resized).JPGpinball-machine-magnetic-cupholder-red-glitter (resized).JPGpinball-machine-magnetic-cupholder-red-glitter (resized).JPG

Added over 7 years ago: Price changed to $20 due to increase cost of material and shipping.

Added over 7 years ago: Ugh, not sure why it crossed everything out. We have the pincups, price is $20 shipped for glitter, $17.50 for non-glitter colors.

4 weeks later
#4249 6 years ago
Quoted from dirtbag66:

I'm looking for a Pingulp (or any other beverage holding device) for my Emerald City machine. Does anyone know if there is anyone out there who sells one that will match the emerald green colored legs?
Thanks!

Yes, we do...

https://lermods.com/products/wizard-of-oz-pinball-machine-magnetic-cupholders-069d97ae-908e-40d1-b532-55c3a269b94a

#4252 6 years ago

I'm not sure the newer games at $9-$9.5k are worth it. If you can get a RR at around $8 or lower you'll be ahead of the game. If your boards start going out, which is unlikely by now, it will cost you around $800 to replace all of them.

As for lighting, we have a forest light mod, backboard and trough lighting that make a big difference. It's still a dark game, but our mods do help with visibility and being able to see detail.

https://lermods.com/t/wizard-of-oz-pinball-mods

2 weeks later
#4397 6 years ago

For those who may be interested and want another option, we are offering a color changing rgb backbox mod. Much more vivid in person, very sharp.

Not on our site yet, but will be later today.

$45 shipped.

1 month later
#4465 6 years ago

The bottom part of the playfield seemed really dark to me so I put in two extra spots, I think it helps a lot. I didn't want the entire pf lit and generally prefer accent lighting. I tied them to the same spotlight that lights the house so it should be interactive with the game. I tried white and red and like red better. The red looks really washed out in the pic, much better in person.

20171028_165123 (resized).jpg20171028_165123 (resized).jpg

20171028_165107 (resized).jpg20171028_165107 (resized).jpg

20171028_155915 (resized).jpg20171028_155915 (resized).jpg

20171029_200825 (resized).jpg20171029_200825 (resized).jpg

20171029_200805 (resized).jpg20171029_200805 (resized).jpg

#4468 6 years ago
Quoted from bobukcat:

Just an FYI, those spots stay on all the time and aren't part of any of the lighting effects.

Yeah, not sure I'll keep them in and will have to see how the game plays with them. If they remain on in lights out mode, it might not be good.

1 month later
#4642 6 years ago
Quoted from DCFAN:

I personally, if I was in the market, would buy a 7.5 volt HUO ECLE with buffered boards for $7500 or a NIB DILE for $8500 shipped before buying the 5V ECLE.

$8500 shipped for dile is very aggressive pricing. Lowest I’ve seen is 8600 not including shipping.

#4646 6 years ago
Quoted from Pimp77:

When they get to $7500 shipped I’m in.

Maybe for standard, doubt you'll ever see nib for an le at that price.

2 weeks later
#4862 6 years ago
Quoted from apinballwiz:

Merry Christmas to all! Have a question regarding my playfield glass. The top of the glass is chipped. Can't see it with the glass installed, but what concerns me is I think the playfield glasses are tempered, and if so wouldn't the chip make the glass no longer safe if a ball impacted it or something?

Yes, be very careful taking the glass in and out.

1 month later
#5015 6 years ago
Quoted from Grateful_Pin:

Installing a Lermods trough light that I just received from Mezelmods on my RR and have a question: Should the Led strip have a male connector on the end? Mine has a female end and the splitter they sent has a male end that splits to two females. Am I an idiot or should the end of the LED wire have a male to plug into one of the females of the splitter??????????????????

Pm sent

1 week later
#5059 6 years ago
Quoted from woody76:

I was same way. It takes a minute to figure things out. I put up 1.2 million yesterday which I hear is a decent score. Got to melt the witch and choked.

I’ve had the game about a year, still can’t figure it all out. Not very intuitive/linear, which is fine as I always feel like I’m learning something new about the game. Wish someone would do a nice tutorial on the game.

1 year later
#9348 4 years ago
Quoted from SDpinballer:

I worked an extra couple of shifts - had a little $$ to spare and decided to go all out on Pinstadiums for the post 2.0 upgrade WoZ lighting issue. Boy am I not disappointed. delt31 was right - these things are amazing. It has totally rejuvenated my love for this game! Wife actually said, “wow, now that I can see it, I’m gonna get some mods from the mod couple.” (That’s a big deal here). Anyway, super happy with the new and improved. Definitely worth the upgrade.
Pic 1. Pinstadium off
Pic2. PinStadium with white on, brightness low
Pic 3. Pinstadiums on full white and bright (too bright for me)[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

How is your game that dark stock?

Here’s my game with just a trough light and backboard light, $60. Your inserts look pretty washed out

https://lermods.com/shop?olsPage=products%2Fwizard-of-oz-pinball-led-strip-rgb-backboard-with-single-color-trough-light-kit

DDA8A1AF-F3F5-4302-995E-9B15024E3BE5 (resized).jpegDDA8A1AF-F3F5-4302-995E-9B15024E3BE5 (resized).jpeg
#9352 4 years ago
Quoted from SDpinballer:

Hi Lermods, could you explain more what you mean by this? PM me if want to. Oh, and the mushroom land mod on Wonka is a nice addition! Thanks.

Thanks, glad you like the candy mushrooms!

If you look at your yellow brick road inserts in my pic and your before pic, they are easy to see lit. In your after pic, you can’t tell that they are on as the white lights from your mod “wash” them out. Maybe the inserts are actually off, but it looks like you can see light coming up through them so I think they are on. The camera may also exaggerate the effect.

If you look at my pic, look how deep the red color is around the slings, in yours they lose that deep rich color because there is too much white light, IMO.

In the end, all that really matters is that your are happy with the result and it sounds like both your and your wife are. your game definitely is lit up and you can see areas in your game that you can’t see in mine, I just prefer more accent lighting (including purple in the forest area). I know I’m likely biased because I sell accent lighting, but it is my preference.

#9370 4 years ago

Looking for a tester for low profile spotlights with covers similar to what we’ve done for wonka and mbR. It’s a 3 smd light strip inside a 3D printed cover with a decal on top. Pm me if interested. You’ll need to take some pics for me and provide feedback. You’ll receive a free set. Must be in the US.

https://lermods.com/shop?olsPage=products%2Fwilly-wonka-the-chocolate-factory-pinball-spotlight-covers

https://lermods.com/shop?olsPage=products%2Fmonster-bash-remake-spotlight-covers

Edit: tester found.

#9391 4 years ago

Given how dark the game is at the slings, we came up with a low profile spotlight option that attaches to the slings and reflects light on to the lower playfield. We had these out to a tester and the feedback was positive on the install and the effect so ready to offer them more widely. Hopefully he will chime in.

It's shown in red, but we will offer it in green, warm white and cool white. The spotlights covers are 3d printed with a yellow brick road decal on top. The spotlights are 3 SMD LEDs. These are now available in our site and will be in our pinside shop shortly.

https://lermods.com/shop?olsPage=products%2Fwizard-of-oz-pinball-spotlight-covers

00000IMG_00000_BURST20191117150926254_COVER (resized).jpg00000IMG_00000_BURST20191117150926254_COVER (resized).jpgemail1574021565933 (resized).jpgemail1574021565933 (resized).jpg
#9393 4 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

I DARE you to name them Mini-Pinstadiums lol. Looks good.

Ha ha!

1 week later
#9426 4 years ago
Quoted from Rager170:

I have the Haunted Forest mod too and im not really happy with it. You dont find it overly bright? I also have this glare where I can see the LED's on the playfield and it drives me crazy.

We haven't had feedback on it being too bright or we would offer a dimmer, but what you can do is cover one or two of the three SMDs with a piece of electrical tape if you want to tone it down. You can't cut it to make it shorter, however. We can offer a dimmer option if people do think it's too bright.

4 months later
#10122 4 years ago
Quoted from Kkoss24:

[quoted image]

If you feel overwhelmed with woz, no way I’d go with Bk as the next game, much more difficult to diagnose and work on.

#10130 4 years ago
Quoted from Kkoss24:

Wishing everyone well...I’ve been on here just bought this machine first one .ive been through some easy fixes at least now not afraid to dive in .I will check on rainbow lighting issue tomorrow but 2 things I need advice on is the wizard works properly just doesn’t light up not even in tests .2nd the crystal ball I tried test with top glass off and not doing anything .Any advice when I tackle this tomro someine has said disconnect and re connect plug would this be for both ? Also should machine be turned of or leave on while doing this .any input I’d appreciate I’m trying to read up on this stuff just can’t find much time been real busy thanks .By the way that score was my 12th game it was super fun game!!![quoted image]

It’s likely to be more efficient for you if you try to resolve your issues in your other thread. Some questions you raise here were already answered in the other thread, including crystal ball. In addition, when someone else has similar issues, it will be much easier for them to follow the fixes in a dedicated thread. All connections should be done with game off as noted in the other thread. There is also an sd card in the crystal ball mount, remove and reinstall it.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/just-bought-first-pin-and-all-hell-broke-loosetalk-me-off-the-edge-#post-5592740

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
10,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
San Jose, CA
Lighting - Led
Pinball Mod Co.

Lighting - Interactive
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 24.50
$ 345.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

14,356 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Roswell, GA
Machine - For Sale
St. Clair Shores, MI
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 43.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 91.00
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Wanted
$ 85.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 29.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 130.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Playfield - Other
RavSpec

$ 199.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 16.95
$ 55.00
Lighting - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider lermods.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/woz-fan-club-members-only?tu=lermods and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.