767a905f-f768-44f4-b3e3-b2998967ff3c_text.gif
Photo Mar 30 2024, 5 42 30 PM (resized).jpg
20240316_125739 (resized).jpg
20240314_221748 (resized).jpg
20240314_215727 (resized).jpg
841FD4A1-7C8E-4E32-973D-DD8D05C4902E (resized).png
3D72BC84-0D17-44A1-B683-A17D4B722FF3 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

12 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #1 Key posted, but no summary given Posted by TigerLaw (10 years ago)

Post #2584 Fan Replacement details Posted by bhwolf (7 years ago)

Post #7017 How to tell if your WOZ has 2.0 boards Posted by f3honda4me (5 years ago)

Post #7022 Balls not making it to shooter lane from trough - Fix Posted by LTG (5 years ago)

Post #7126 Location of the latest software update/version Posted by mavantix (5 years ago)

Post #7128 Update 7.01 notes - released April 16, 2019 Posted by thewool (5 years ago)

Post #7752 Fan Replacement how to and links Posted by f3honda4me (4 years ago)

Post #11015 Adjustment advice for the monkey Posted by LTG (3 years ago)

Post #12537 7.03 Code Release Posted by bobukcat (2 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider knobstone.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#4521 6 years ago

Joining the club very soon. Just purchased WOZ RR edition. A while back, was there not a guide on what adjustments and other things you needed to do before playing WOZ?

#4524 6 years ago
Quoted from EricHadley:

Did you request a 2.0 version???

No, this is a WOZ with a build date of 10/14. I believe it has the 7.5 boards. I will probably buy the 2.0 kit when it's available.

10 months later
#6031 5 years ago

Found it interesting that Jack announced at Vancouver the sales numbers for his games:

1. Wizard of Oz - 4,000
2. Hobbit - 2,000
3. Dialed In - 1,600

1 week later
#6049 5 years ago
Quoted from Nepi23:

I am a fairly new owner for of WOZ, so my questions probably are such that have been already been asked and answered. In any case, if you can give a few pointers, it would be great.
These are the problems that I have noticed:
1) sometimes I notice that the monkey goes down its rail and tries to catch the ball at the magnet, but the ball has not been captured to the magnet. So then the monkey just goes up again without the ball.
2) the hounted forest -sign on the left. There is a tiny red light, but its not working.
Also, are there supposed to be some leds in the hands of the haunted forest trees (on the pop bumbers)?
Thank you for any tips on how to rectify the above!

I also had the red led light not working on the haunted forest sign. Starting in May 2018 submitted several tickets, voicemails and received no response. Then was finaly able to talk to Frank at JJP in July of this year about replacing the wireless harness for the light. Unfortunately, the wiring harness is not listed as a part in the WOZ manual. Frank informed he would talk to the engineers about the part, but still no response after repeated voicemails, tickets. and emails. I then decided to build another harness and determined that the wires from the forest sign were incorrectly installed to another harness underneath the playfield. I also want to mention that Frank is great talk to and is been very helpful with other issues, but again very frustrating.

Bottom line: After spending close to $18,000 on two JJ pinball machines, it's very disappointing that I can not even get a LED light replaced from this company.

IMG_2259 (resized).jpgIMG_2259 (resized).jpg

#6062 5 years ago
Quoted from Nepi23:

Thanks for the info. I am equally frustrated for the lack of support and no conclusion on replacing my lockdown bar for my DI, as mine looks like it has been poorly handpainted rather than powdercoated.

If you like, I be willing to ship you the parts to help you replace the haunted forest red led light for free. The only part I don't have is this: https://www.amazon.com/Universal-Indicator-Light-Bulbs-Inch/dp/B075NQ6BBB/ref=sr_1_8 You should be able to repin the molex connector to the replacement light. Again on my machine, the led never worked, as was not wired correctly at the JJP factory. So I just went ahead and built a new wiring harness and replaced the red led light with it.

#6063 5 years ago
Quoted from Nepi23:

I am a fairly new owner for of WOZ, so my questions probably are such that have been already been asked and answered. In any case, if you can give a few pointers, it would be great.
These are the problems that I have noticed:
1) sometimes I notice that the monkey goes down its rail and tries to catch the ball at the magnet, but the ball has not been captured to the magnet. So then the monkey just goes up again without the ball.

Also, are there supposed to be some leds in the hands of the haunted forest trees (on the pop bumbers)?
Thank you for any tips on how to rectify the above!

1. Use the following guide to adjust the magnet: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/woz-check-list

2. No, there are no stock led lights in the haunted forest trees. This is a mod for the game.

4 months later
#6709 5 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Just a heads up for those with 7.5v light board games. I was cleaning the playfield on my WOZ yesterday and after a quick wipe down with Novus 1 went to apply a hard carnauba wax. I had been waxing the playfield with Wizards Mist n Shine per JJP's recommendation as it has anti static properties which is key to reducing the chance of light board issues on 7.5v games.
I've never had an issue with my game so figured I would skip the Mist n Shine this time and just use a caranuba wax. Well, while buffing the dried caranuba wax off the playfield using a microfiber cloth I could hear the static build up / release on the cloth. I cleaned 3 other pins prior to this and never noticed a static build up sound while buffing the playfield. I did have the game plugged in but it was turned off. I ended up going back over the playfield with Wizards Mist n Shine, same type of cloth, and noticed 0 static build up. Weird.
So if you have a WOZ with 7.5v light boards use Wizards Mist n Shine to wax your playfield. It's the static build up on the light boards / playfield that can cause light board issues and failures. Cleaning the game with a product like Wizards Mist n Shine will reduce static build up on the playfield.
amazon.com link »

Thanks for posting. Do you occasionally still wax the playfield? Or use Mist n Shine only?

1 month later
#7012 5 years ago

I read somewhere else that the monkey mechanism was removed due to using the new cabinet design starting with Dialed In. Unfortunately, the more recent design does not have the space for the mechanism. I saw the YBR WOZ at TPF, and it was pretty uninspiring. The topper was much smaller than earlier toppers on WOZ editions and the yellow ramps do not blend well with the rest of the playfield. On another note, the monkey mod from Steve is really impressive. Feel fortunate to have one.

Looking forward to the Midwest Gaming Classic and the release of Willy Wonka.

1 year later
#12066 3 years ago

I appreciate all the recent discussions of this game and it's disappointing about the price increase on GNR LE. Feel fortunate to have the machines that I have, but I am gradually waning from this hobby, as the prices for NIB games and issues is grating. I have also noticed increases in prices on the Bally/Williams 90's pins.

Electric trains here I come.

1 year later
#13672 1 year ago
Quoted from Baron_VonLoppnow:

I too received the notification that 2.0 boards are in. I got on the waiting list 10 months ago in August.
But, my 7.5v boards still work just fine after 8.5 years of operation. I consider this insurance, as God only knows when the final 2.0 upgrade kit run will be. I was very aware of the common board issue when deciding to purchase my used WOZ a little over a year ago, so no remorse, angst, etc. from my end. If I sell my WOZ before my current boards fail, then I'll offer the upgrade kit as part of a package deal.....all good.

Same situation, the WOZ I purchased has the 7.5 boards and has had no issues for years. I noticed that the 2.0 boards are no longer for sale on the JJP website. Its another reason I also decided to purchase the 2.0 boards. Going forward, concerned that these boards will not be available.

2 weeks later
#13767 1 year ago
Quoted from crazypinballguy:

FYI ... We installed the 2.0 kit this past weekend but no gi lights or insert lights are working. We have power to the new boards and the pin is running the latest software and plays fine; just no lights. We retraced everything for hours, but no luck.
Today, I got this email from JJP. Hopefully, this is what the problem is ... Stay tuned.
[quoted image]

Thanks for posting, I also received the email about the board issue. I'm wondering what if any other parts are defective or were not vetted before being shipped. At this price point it's ridiculous that these issues continue to happen. There is no point in even purchasing this upgrade kit, better off with the 7.5 boards or purchasing boards from second hand sellers that do work.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 199.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 115.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

14,685 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Northport, NY
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 345.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

11,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Burlingame, CA
$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 225.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 43.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Stephenson, VA
$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 55.00
Lighting - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 24.50
$ 91.00
$ 130.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Wanted
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider knobstone.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/woz-fan-club-members-only?tu=knobstone and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.