20240314_221748 (resized).jpg
20240314_215727 (resized).jpg
841FD4A1-7C8E-4E32-973D-DD8D05C4902E (resized).png
3D72BC84-0D17-44A1-B683-A17D4B722FF3 (resized).jpeg
WOZ lightboard 2 (resized).jpg
WOZ lightboard 1 (resized).jpg
20240309_110050 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

12 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #1 Key posted, but no summary given Posted by TigerLaw (10 years ago)

Post #2584 Fan Replacement details Posted by bhwolf (7 years ago)

Post #7017 How to tell if your WOZ has 2.0 boards Posted by f3honda4me (5 years ago)

Post #7022 Balls not making it to shooter lane from trough - Fix Posted by LTG (5 years ago)

Post #7126 Location of the latest software update/version Posted by mavantix (5 years ago)

Post #7128 Update 7.01 notes - released April 16, 2019 Posted by thewool (5 years ago)

Post #7752 Fan Replacement how to and links Posted by f3honda4me (4 years ago)

Post #11015 Adjustment advice for the monkey Posted by LTG (3 years ago)

Post #12537 7.03 Code Release Posted by bobukcat (2 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider indypinhead.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#28 10 years ago

Add me to the group.

My WOZECLE is scheduled to ship tomorrow.

yeeehaw!!!!

1 week later
#153 9 years ago

Add me to the group.

I've only had my WOZ for 5 days now.

Awesome machine.

1 month later
#329 9 years ago

Is there a location that lists all of the software upgrades along with the changes?

My WOZ was pre-loaded with version 3.0

I think it would be neat to be able to read through all of the upgrades/changes.

6 months later
#538 9 years ago
Quoted from TaylorVA:

Just an FYI but some games did not ship with a deflector that sits behind the wire guide in the search loop on the upper castle playfield. This prevents the ball from jumping the guide and get stuck on top of the wire guide. Mine was missing and I had no idea. I received mine in the mail this past week. If you have a moment you may want to make sure that deflector is there. My build date was July 18,2013.

Do you have any pictures?

I'm wondering if my WOZ has this.

Never mind....

4 months later
#828 8 years ago
Quoted from DCFAN:

The drop target should go down in ball search. I was doing some glass off checking of the Haunted rules (see other thread https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/wizard-of-oz-rulesheet-2#post-2462369 ) and saw that the drop target does go down when ball search is cycling . There is a small second coil on the drop target mechanism that causes the target to drop.

I was playing a game on WOZ the other night. The ball got stuck behind the drop target. The game went into ball search....the drop target never dropped. I had to shut the game off, remove the PF glass, and remove the ball myself.

I think JJP should do a software update that will make the drop target drop during ball searches.

1 month later
#869 8 years ago

doesn't look hand signed to me.

Looks like JJP scanned each signature and added those to the apron artwork.

4 months later
#972 8 years ago

Congrats on getting your WOZ

The ECLE is a beautiful pin....and fun too!

#974 8 years ago
Quoted from PorkChopExpress:

Gonna have to get that from you in the near future bro. Thanks for doing that mod. Looks killer especially with the fire pots. Great job

Thank you...

I've sold a bunch of them. Everyone seems to like it.

2 months later
#1025 8 years ago
Quoted from dmacy:

I recently installed Pinball Bulbs brightening kit. It really made a huge difference in playing with lights off. The only thing I wish that came factory. Well done PB!

image_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpeg

Nice throne room mod...

1 month later
#1084 8 years ago
Quoted from TaylorVA:

Damage can happen at anytime on a game. Plastic protectors and Cliffys on a game out of a box are always a good idea.

I have WOZ plastic protectors ready to ship...

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/wizard-of-oz-pf-plastic-protectors-for-sale

#1085 8 years ago
Quoted from Pimp77:

Too bad it's undownloadable...fails over and over.

It took me 6 attempts to finally get the download to complete.

#1099 8 years ago

Nice throne room shroud....

3 weeks later
#1164 8 years ago
Quoted from TaylorVA:

You'll want plastic protectors out of the gate as well.

I sell a 15 piece protector set. CNC machined, 1/16 polycarbonate.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/wizard-of-oz-pf-plastic-protectors-for-sale

#1168 8 years ago
Quoted from Pindufus:

Theoretically, no flipper wear should occur as the cabinets are clear coated. I had some of the non-permanent mylar lying around and used that around my flippers just in case.

Only the ECLE and some of the 1st standards off the line are direct print/clear coated cabinets. The rest of the WOZ pins have decals installed.

#1210 8 years ago
Quoted from nicoga3000:

Not 100% sure, but here's the exact response I got:
"The lighting system in the WOZ is separate from the spotlights and runs on 7.5 volts and communicates through digital data cables so it is not a good idea to wire anything to the GIs. 
Your best bet would be to run the wires over to the unused 12 volt spotlight connector near the ballon bumper."
Going to install plastic protectors and some mods today. Lot of stuff to take apart.
Also, it was sort of amazing last night and this morning...My wife turned the game on and played some on her own. She LOVES the game, and that makes this pin priceless in my eyes.

Let me know how you like my protectors.

#1213 8 years ago

WOZ isn't the easiest pin to tear apart, that's for sure.

#1298 8 years ago

nice throne room shroud, (acrylic cover)

4 weeks later
#1412 7 years ago

Even though WOZ comes w/ a topper. I think I might machine this out of 1/2 acrylic or polycarbonate. I plan on lighting it from the bottom using a color changing, programmable LED strip.

I thing it will look cool hanging on the wall.

WOZ2_(resized).jpgWOZ2_(resized).jpg

WOZ1_(resized).jpgWOZ1_(resized).jpg

#1422 7 years ago
Quoted from nicoga3000:

Here's two pics of the protector for you.

That's the 1st I've seen/heard of the Kevlar protector. Looks great!

Nice looking plastic protectors, by the way.

2 weeks later
#1478 7 years ago
Quoted from merccat:

Any reccomentations for items to check before first power up?

Check to make sure that the lower pop bumper ring isn't hitting the steel ball guides...2 separate spots to check.

3 weeks later
#1572 7 years ago
Quoted from DCFAN:

Isn't Indypinhead working on a lighted drop target?

Yes, I have drop targets machined out of polycarbonate.

#1580 7 years ago
Quoted from DCFAN:

Can you sell them as an option without the light assembly? Most of us with WOZ already have a light installed.

Yes

#1581 7 years ago

I have the WOZ lit drop targets listed for sale in the marketplace...

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-product-lit-drop-target-for-woz

#1588 7 years ago
Quoted from 27dnast:

Does mezel still make the winki?

I'm not sure if he still makes them.

If not, I have a lit drop target mod for WOZ that I just started selling.

#1605 7 years ago
Quoted from pcprogrammer:

How necessary do you think the upper pf protector on woz is? The one right above the lollipop targets? I saw a cliffy for that, just wondering what others think, or alternatives? Thanks.

VERY important

It was the 1st thing I installed on my WOZ

#1607 7 years ago

That's the one....

Keep in mind, you get a lot of air balls on WOZ.

That being said, I had my cliffys even before I got my machine. In all the excitement of unboxing, I decided to paly a few games befor installing the protectors...On my 3rd ball, I got an air ball directly into the edge of the munchkinland PF.....chipped the artwork on the edge.

So...yes, put that protector on right away. It's NOT just for looks....(Though it does look great).

1 week later
#1645 7 years ago

I bought the same flippers...just haven't installed them yet.

I agree, those "slipper flippers" are ugly.

7 months later
#3188 7 years ago

I picked up these 2 slot machine topper inserts today. I plan on designing/machining a couple custom toppers for my WOZECLE. I plan on back-lighting these w/ 12 volt LED strips.

DSC_3433 (resized).JPGDSC_3433 (resized).JPG

1 week later
#3316 7 years ago
Quoted from BlueIrocGuy:

I found this piece in the bottom of the cabinet and I'm not sure where it belongs.

Thanks!

That is a GI light pipe".
Instead of using the typical #44 or #555 bulbs, JJP uses surface mount LEDs under the playfield. The light boards are directly under the holes in the playfield that provide GI lighting.

#3317 7 years ago
Quoted from DCFAN:

That cylinder is for one of the GI light boards in the game. The light board under the playfield sends the light through the cylinder to above the playfield. It could have fallen out of the playfield or it could be an extra that was dropped by a worker when assembling the game (less likely).

Ya beat me to it......

#3329 7 years ago
Quoted from netcivil:

Also a good source for a protector set, need a set for WoZ and TWD.

I make a protector set for WOZ

2 months later
#3855 6 years ago
Quoted from TRAMD:

I'd like to buy the following mods:
- Forest light
- tree eye lights
- black wizard sheath
- throne room fire pots
- Dorothy and company figures
- lighted winkie
Where/who are the best places to get these?
Also, are there good blades for this game?

I have the throne room mod available and ready to ship.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/woz-throne-room-mod-cover-for-acrylic-plate
I also make/sell the lit drop target mod...
I also make playfield plastic protectors for WOZ...

Send me a PM for details.

1 month later
#3960 6 years ago
Quoted from capguntrooper:

Added some Ruby Red walls

Nice throne room Acrylic cover you have there.....

1 month later
#4152 6 years ago

I put the 75th topper on my ECLE

I'm thinking about making a couple custom, back-lit toppers for my WOZ using these slot machine toppers.

DSC_3433 (resized).JPGDSC_3433 (resized).JPG

7 months later
#5285 6 years ago

I need help w/ my WOZ.

I fired it up for the first time in at least 4 months. On fire-up, the monkey came half way down and stopped. I re-booted....the monkey came down 9/10 of the way and stopped again. I rebooted again, the monkey moved down to it's lowest point, and stopped. I can't get it to go back up where it belongs. What do I need to do?

#5296 6 years ago
Quoted from indypinhead:

I need help w/ my WOZ.
I fired it up for the first time in at least 4 months. On fire-up, the monkey came half way down and stopped. I re-booted....the monkey came down 9/10 of the way and stopped again. I rebooted again, the monkey moved down to it's lowest point, and stopped. I can't get it to go back up where it belongs. What do I need to do?

After manually, (by hand) moving the monkey to the up position...I rebooted the machine. Everything seems fine now.

#5305 6 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

If the problem returns. I'd clean off the old grease and put on new.
LTG : )

The only grease I have around the house is wheel bearing grease.

Will that work?

#5308 6 years ago
Quoted from merccat:

I think that stuff tends to be pretty heavy. A little dab of White Lithium Grease availablr from any hardware store smeared along the screw gear is fine (same as garage door stuff).

That's what I was thinking...

Already have it on my list of things to get at the hardware store soon.

Thanks

1 month later
#5403 5 years ago
Quoted from tonycip:

question does jjp still make any WOZ with CC cabinets?

Not that I know of.

3 months later
#5922 5 years ago
Quoted from Nokoro:

Its the only version with the wooden apron which makes it pretty unique. The only debate you'll find about getting it is about the light boards. Some have had problems; others have not. With a new standard, you can get the 2.0 boards which are supposed to be more reliable. It is not an insignificant decision.

The ECLE also has the direct print cabinets....which is really sweet.

3 years later
#13973 1 year ago
Quoted from CrashJT:

Hi guys! I'm new to the club. Recntly bought a Rr75Oz with 2.0 light boards. Love it so far, but it's really hard! Moved in the NPLH outline pin, but gee. Have it at 7 degree. Saw some people suggested 6.5. Any thoughts? Also, I might need to adjust the balloon to be more responsive. Seems to not bounce a lot. The munchkin ball lock also seems to let a third unlocked ball to blast two locked balls out. Read the thread up to page 12 so far. The height of my ball lock arm seems to be the recommended 1/4" and kisses a block inserted. I played with the timing and extended ball 2 and 3 to 250ms. Feels like if there were a strong down force (eg a spring to pull the arm down) it would help. Should I live with the occasional 2 ball fake "multiball" or go crazy adjusting. Have spent hours already. Thanks in advance. Wonder why JJP doesn't revise it if everyone's does this? (Plan to read the whole thread but i read slowly). So far I've added the pingraffix blades, 3D doors, the castle lantern, the castle flipper topper from and Sparkle green city from Back Alley Creations, Wizard fire pots from Mezel Mods, some white trough lights from lermods (added a 90 degree piece mine to the underside of the bottom arch so the light goes over the flippers), also getting the firey witch, flickering balloon, and corn row from pinball mod Co. Would love the Gouiva flying monkey if anyone knows of one. I also added several hallmark items including Glinda, munchkin mayor, coroner and Winkie guard loin scarecrow and tin man.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

I make a nice throne room mod. It works w/ the Mezel fire pits:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/woz-throne-room-mod-cover-for-acrylic-plate

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Lighting - Led
Pinball Mod Co.

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 199.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Stephenson, VA
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 130.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 91.00
$ 16.95
$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

9,300 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Santa Maria, CA
14,356 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Roswell, GA
$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

14,850 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Northport, NY
$ 5.00
Lighting - Interactive
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider indypinhead.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/woz-fan-club-members-only?tu=indypinhead and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.