Topic Stats

• 9,193 posts
  • 509 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 day ago by adol75
  • Topic is favorited by 236 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 1,223 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

DSC_0006 (resized).jpg
20191013_232803 (resized).jpg
12C2A44D-3CD8-47B0-9ECE-4B3A4A065315 (resized).jpeg
A1B3C77A-3D43-4097-95FB-25913EBB1E2A (resized).jpeg
C766C0B9-9884-4D2F-8619-918228E04EF2 (resized).jpeg
78DDB4E8-6BAE-4799-A6AE-2B59E8509FE4 (resized).jpeg
1FED3E58-3B10-405E-A266-B3AB69958EA5 (resized).jpeg
Screen Shot 2019-10-13 at 5.59.38 PM (resized).png
IMG_0287 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
Screenshot_20191013-171847~2 (resized).png
E4C8E654-9FE4-4E68-9BA4-2B37848028F4 (resized).jpeg
2C895AD7-1A39-4E7D-AA81-38DB159F88E6 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

8 key posts have been marked in this topic

Post #1 Key posted, but no summary given Posted by TigerLaw (5 years ago)

Post #2584 Fan Replacement details Posted by bhwolf (2 years ago)

Post #7017 How to tell if your WOZ has 2.0 boards Posted by f3honda4me (6 months ago)

Post #7022 Balls not making it to shooter lane from trough - Fix Posted by LTG (6 months ago)

Post #7126 Location of the latest software update/version Posted by mavantix (6 months ago)

Post #7128 Update 7.01 notes - released April 16, 2019 Posted by thewool (6 months ago)

Post #7752 Fan Replacement how to and links Posted by f3honda4me (4 months ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider hippy.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#2139 3 years ago

I bought a RR,nib, after it first was available. I have several other games that are traded or sold, but,RR will always be with me. When it is not running I am unhappy. I called Frank at JJP, he was puzzled,also My#714 fuse just blows during a game & I can't figure it out,it won't do it on a test.It blows & takes #709&#713 with it. I know it is one of the toys, I suspect the winged monkey,because the lights pulse when he goes. I tinker a lot with my games,so I can follow someone's advice. Has anyone had this problem? I would appreciate any help. I thought about a post, but, didn't want all the WOZ bashers. This is the only trouble I have had & love the game. Anyone have any ideas?

#2142 3 years ago

The monkey goes to a separate relay directly below it, can't find a problem with it or the magnet. I haven't looked under the castle,it is one of the motor toys,though. I will check that . I appreciate any ideas.

4 months later
#3241 2 years ago

I bought a nib RR 2 years ago & have added several mods. The nicest ones are from Mezel Mods, the throne room pots are a real eye- catcher.

10 months later
#4839 1 year ago

I did a full set of Cliffys on my RR. When you do the upper play field, one thing to watch for, is when you reinstall it, make sure it clears the lollipops. I had to do it again when I saw a couple of their lights on. I got #34, when it was released, installed Cliffys, first week, absolutely no wear.

2 weeks later
#4950 1 year ago

A full set of Cliffys really does help. I have had my RR 2 years, added a set when I got it, absolutely no wear on the play field. The upper play field is a pain to install a Cliffys, but, well worth it.

2 months later
#5371 1 year ago

I bought mine new,built, Oct. 2014. No light board problems. A few other problems, though. Still love the game. Like all pinballs, it needs maintenance.

1 month later
#5498 1 year ago
Quoted from Beez:

An amazing machine for sure ... my NIB WOZ 75th 2.0 is shipping tomorrow and I am super pumped. Need to order the Cliffy kit tomorrow - nervous about removing some of those parts to install ... ugh. I promised myself that my next machine will be a JJP and I can say my goal is to one day own them all.
** Is the clear Mylar Button Protectors needed?
So happy that JJP took a chance in taking Pinball to the next level - talk about the ultimate leap of faith, and wow did he nail it! I know people can be very critical at times but seriously, there wil always be challenges (its pinball) and everyone’s taste is different but for me, those that say WOZ isn’t for them didn’t actually give it a chance. In my opinion there is no other game move innovative, beautiful, adventurous and fun. Thank you Jack for taking your dreams to new heights and placing them into a playable machine for us all to enjoy. I for one hope that you continue to dream, continue to step outside the box and continue to create a wonderful past time for all of us to enjoy. Wishing you and your TEAM nothing but the best! Keep flipin’ - Beez

I just ordered Cliffys for a few of my games. He is 2 months behind. Your RR needs them,worth the wait. I put a full set on my RR as soon as I got it. I got mine new, soon as it came out, build- 11-2014. Never had light board issues. It will always be with me.

1 week later
#5612 1 year ago

I am waiting on an order,he said 10 weeks behind on Cliffys. Can you wait that long?

1 week later
#5650 1 year ago

I got a RR 3 years NIB. I finannallygot trouble. My F14 fuse blew,I replaced it, & now tests good!but none of my 12v lightd or all motors. F9 & f13 are piggybackes to f14. They all trst good but, don't work. Is a transistor out,& if so I Can't find a cause. Do they just go out? Lights are out beside suspected fuses. Thanks for any help.

#5655 1 year ago
Quoted from LTG:

I'd suspect a bridge rectifier for the 12 volts.
The manual has the pinouts for boards. If you have the unified power supply board, check it's outputs.
LTG : )

I checked the voltage at the power supply as you suggested,all good. The good news is I noticed the f 714 fuse sure did come out easily. I tightened the holders a little, and Ruby Red is up and going. Thanks for your advise.

1 month later
#5790 1 year ago

I got a complete set for my RR 3 years ago, new. Absolutely no wear. Munchkin & all holes protectors heip a lot.

#5798 1 year ago
Quoted from lschmidlin:

You reminded me that I need this! Was just on Mezel Mods and looks like they're out of stock. I think that's the only place that carries them, right?

Go to acliffys Passion For Pinball. He makes all of them.you order from hin.He is the best ana stays very busy. Check his site.

#5801 1 year ago
Quoted from fnosm:

Cliffy don't do Winkie Targets.

I got my lighted winkie targets at Mezel Mods, your choice of colors. They help a lot.

#5822 1 year ago
Quoted from Paul_from_Gilroy:

One thing I've never seen posted anywhere is how to properly position a rubber flipper band on a flipper bat. Are you supposed to shove the band all the way down so the bottom of the band is touching the raised ridge? I usually install mine so there's a gap between the band and the ridge, and an equal gap on top. I figure I'll get less air balls that way.

You are doing them correct. The only trouble ypu can get into is installing new flipper bats. Always not touching the playfield, but, low as you can. I have seen massive damage when they are too low. I saw a MM recently,flipper weared the playfield bare. Amazing he never caught it. He has got to change the playfield,what a nightmare.

1 month later
#5989 1 year ago
Quoted from avspin:

Just set up my new WOZ. I have 2 small clear plastics with a slot for a screw. Anyone know what these are for? And what looks like a promo plastic but has slots also.
[quoted image][quoted image]

I bought mine NIB, 3 year’s ago, still love it. I didn’t get that with mine. Bum deal. I sure do recommend getting a Cliffys set for your beauty.

#6002 1 year ago

I bought a RR, nib 3 years ago. I thought there were only going to be 1500 of these made. Hard to believe they are not gone. Anybody know how close they are? Just curious,thanks.

2 weeks later
#6099 1 year ago
Quoted from monte_:

Can anyone tell me which drop target extension spring i need for the 1 bank drop target? Mine is broken and i am not sure which one on pinball life/marco parts is the right one. #11 in picture[quoted image]

I looked for that spring a long time, gone. A flipper coil spring works great.

3 weeks later
#6177 1 year ago
Quoted from ckpinball:

Mine came with the manual too manufacture date of 2-17-17

I bought my RR, nib, 10-14, low number. They gave a cd for instructions. Had to pay to have it copied to a book. Still very happy with mine.

#6179 1 year ago
Quoted from apinballwiz:

Same here, but I purchased manual. Worthwhile investment!

A manual is always a worthwhile investment. This one is huge.

#6182 1 year ago
Quoted from bobukcat:

Again, they only started including a printed manual when they bumped the price up $500 and also included Invisiglass too. Before that both were options on RRs, this has been covered more than once in this thread.

Mine had invisiglass , no manual 10-94. Ruby Red.Mine was $8500 , free shipping.Automated.

3 months later
#6596 8 months ago
Quoted from imagamejunky:

I’m still hoping for some people to post pictures of their WOZ’s with art blades or mirrors installed.
Anyone....anyone......Bueller

I put Tilt graphics -Yellow brick road on my Ruby Red. Pictures are dark, sorry, not a photographer. Check their site,very popular. Looks much better than black paint. I personally like mirrors on all my games, but, no running GI's is still too dark. I bought mine nib ,4 years ago ,and do love the game.

#6599 8 months ago
Quoted from fuseholder:

[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

I have those blades on mine. Do you like pin stadium lighting? Do you ever have to remove it to work? Thanks.

2 weeks later
#6746 7 months ago

I bought my Ruby Red , nib, 2014. 7.5 installed, zero issues. If it works, don’t fix it.

1 week later
#6785 7 months ago
Quoted from f3honda4me:

Thanks for the feedback. For now I've decided to wait and see if there is going to be a new YBR version or whatnot that is announced at TPF, and if I like what I see I'll just buy that through Kingpin/Chris!

I will be at TPF, also. Jack, himself has come there before. Really nice guy.
I got my RR in 2014, new. 7.5 boards, zero boards issues. However, it has lots of toys. Mine has blown the same fuse, finally did it in front of me. Been going on years. Always tested all toys good, the house motor was bad. You can really scratch your head on this one. Jersey Jack has great support, even 5 years later. I do indeed love this game, though.

2 weeks later
#6847 7 months ago

Going to TPF. Rumor has the Yellow Brick Road edition will be there. I got a Ruby Red new in 2014, but, will send pictures if it is there.

#6851 7 months ago
Quoted from Gotfrogs:

Have you guys seen the yellow brick road pics online? $11.5k and no flying monkey!

I am looking at it at TPF. No flying monkey. Topper is not as good, either.

1 week later
#6989 6 months ago
Quoted from fnosm:

My crystal ball was dead. I tried the usual making sure the connectors were snug on the ball board and on the header board in the cabinet. Check, Check.
pulled out the voltmeter and read 5v coming off the dead board. My guess is the backlight was shot so replacement lcd board ordered from JJP.
Upon closer inspection this board looked like it might be available from another source. Google to the rescue and I had another one on the way from Mouser.
https://www.mouser.com/ProductDetail/4d-systems/uoled-96-g2/?qs=72ObqG5T4UYobDDQ80ITTQ%3D%3D&countrycode=US&currencycode=USD
So JJP part arrives Saturday, Mouser part arrives Monday. I compare them and they are identical, even come in the same oem packaging.
insert memory into the Mouser part, turn on the machine, data about the LCD scrolls up and repeats. So LCD works but not how it is supposed to with WOZ.
Swap memory to JJP LCD, plug it in turn it on. Bingo Bango we have tone! Works great, better than original ever did.
Now I'm dying to understand why the Mouser LCD doesn't work properly and the JJP LCD does. Anybody know? Does the Mouser LCD have to be flashed to work with WOZ? Anybody do this or know how or even know if this is a thing? LTG, do you know?
Original LCD & Mouser LCD (Original is on the right (or top), you can see the hot glue.)[quoted image]

I have got a RR I bought new in 2014. My crystal ball went out a while back,too. One thing you can check while you are waiting for your parts is the 2 fuses, I believe are F 1 and F2, they are automotive style fuses located in front of your plugin to the board for the ball. Mine was blown,they are 1 amp, easy to blow. Test them , if 1 is out, hard to find, finally got them on Ebay. They were cheap, they are called mini- plugs.

#6993 6 months ago
Quoted from Sciddleybop1980:

Hey guys. I’m looking to join the club however the only machine available second hand in the UK currently is an early production 27/1000. It has the original 5v lamp boards and according to the seller, there have been no issues.
But knowing my luck, the second I take ownership, they’ll break.
I’m just curious to know how many WOZ owners out there have original boards still with no issues.
Should this put me off
How are the JJP stock levels of the 2.0 kits should I need them.
I’m guessing it’s a case of “when” and not “if”they break!!
Thanks all
Gaz

If you scan this thread, it is a hot topic. I bought mine new, 5 years ago, have 7.5 boards, never an issue with them. I think it depends on your luck of the draw.

#7000 6 months ago
Quoted from WackyBrakke:

Removing the monkey is inexcusable

I saw this In person at TPF. Beautiful, yes. No monkey, inexcusable.

1 month later
#7329 5 months ago
Quoted from johnnyutah:

Has JJP said anything anywhere about when to expect the next batch of 25th anniv. Machines?

Did you know Ruby Red are LE, only 1500 were made. I got #34 , nib, 5 years ago new. They are definitely gone , new,that is.

#7367 5 months ago
Quoted from avspin:

Just took this screen shot now.
[quoted image]

When I bought mine in 2014,new, it was #34. Advertised the same as this picture. 1500 limited,again?

2 months later
#8359 87 days ago
Quoted from Rager170:

Awesome! Mine were ordered last week and stuck at USPS god knows where right now.. Im hoping they arrive by the weekend so I can put them on my new machine.
Did you take the playfield out to put them on? They can be tricky and for my GB machine, I took it out, but dont know if I want to do that with this one... The mirror blades on my TWD, I didnt take the playfield out and that was kind of a b*tch since those are thicker haha.

I put those in my RR, quick and easy, no removing the playfield.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
6,250 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
New Braunfels, TX
$ 89.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 48.00
Cabinet - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider hippy.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside