767a905f-f768-44f4-b3e3-b2998967ff3c_text.gif
Photo Mar 30 2024, 5 42 30 PM (resized).jpg
20240316_125739 (resized).jpg
20240314_221748 (resized).jpg
20240314_215727 (resized).jpg
841FD4A1-7C8E-4E32-973D-DD8D05C4902E (resized).png
3D72BC84-0D17-44A1-B683-A17D4B722FF3 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

12 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #1 Key posted, but no summary given Posted by TigerLaw (10 years ago)

Post #2584 Fan Replacement details Posted by bhwolf (7 years ago)

Post #7017 How to tell if your WOZ has 2.0 boards Posted by f3honda4me (5 years ago)

Post #7022 Balls not making it to shooter lane from trough - Fix Posted by LTG (5 years ago)

Post #7126 Location of the latest software update/version Posted by mavantix (5 years ago)

Post #7128 Update 7.01 notes - released April 16, 2019 Posted by thewool (5 years ago)

Post #7752 Fan Replacement how to and links Posted by f3honda4me (4 years ago)

Post #11015 Adjustment advice for the monkey Posted by LTG (3 years ago)

Post #12537 7.03 Code Release Posted by bobukcat (2 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider hd60609.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#5639 5 years ago

Anyone have this happen or any advice?

Game plays perfect since new Feb 2017. Just recently, ball started kicking out of the Crystal Ball VUK so hard that it comes off the rails into the middle of the playfield. I figured I can go into settings and reduce the power. If that is the recommendation, any reason why? Do these just randomly ramp up in power? Thanks.

#5642 5 years ago
Quoted from Nokoro:

Every so often, I have to tweak the coil settings. It depends upon the time of year and whether the whole neighborhood is running AC or not. WOZ seems to be sensitive to current fluctuations, more so than some of my other pins. Or, at least, it is more noticeable with WOZ.

Thanks for the advice. I will adjust...

Coincidence that the Crystal Ball display acts up intermittently? There is an image most times. No image at times, but I have always assumed that was part of the game.

Occasionally, the image changes to complete pixelation, but then back to clear images. First noticed the pixelation of the image after the machine was on for a while during a party.

I went to make sure all connections were tight and re-seated the SD card (per previous posters/advice). Further thoughts?

2 years later
#10863 3 years ago

I opened a separate thread but wanted to post here in case someone doesn't read the other. I'm hoping someone can provide me some guidance...

Our WOZ standard edition was playing near perfect up until yesterday when I decided to see if I could tweak the Crystal Ball. The screen would occasionally scramble from clear images to fuzz. So I leaned in to unplug/replug as well as reseat the SD card. I also bought the Crystal Ball Mod so I removed it to see what might be involved in the install.

When I went to install reinstall the original Ball, the connector was very tight and I couldn't tell which way the connector went. While leaning in, I accidentally depressed the start button and started a game. I was able to connect the Crystal Ball correct and upside down. I did this while the game was on to see if I could get the screen working. During the confusion, I flipped the game on/off/on... several times to see if the screen would come on, not realizing this is very bad to do with this game. Crystal Ball screen came on, but was upside down RGB lettering. Not realizing this is correct start-up, that as when I got nervous, thinking the connector was upside down, so I reversed the connector.

Currently:

The game powers on, loads files, all RGB lights are flowing on playfield and the backbox display goes into attract mode,

BUT:

1) Crystal Ball and other features, Wizard Head, spots, etc have gone dark.
2) The Start Button no longer flashes, so I am unable to start a game.
3) All of the service buttons no longer work

I removed the service box cover. All of the fuses on the I/O board look fine and their red indicator LEDs are lit. The fan is running on the power board.

I called JJP service and was told that I may have done something to the I/O board. I told them that I would try to figure it out. They said if I can't figure it out, I can open a case and send the I/O board in for diagnosis and repair. I researched jump starting the game with the paper clip but Tech Support said that shouldn't be necessary because the fn is running and the part of the game is in attract mode.

Anyone have a similar experience or a possible solution? Thanks.

thumbnail_IMG_7042 (resized).jpgthumbnail_IMG_7042 (resized).jpgthumbnail_IMG_7045 (resized).jpgthumbnail_IMG_7045 (resized).jpgthumbnail_IMG_7058 (resized).jpgthumbnail_IMG_7058 (resized).jpg
#10866 3 years ago
Quoted from HIPPY:

It is located close to the plugin for the ball.

Found the 2 fuses (blades) near the ball plugin on the board. Thank you. I'll look for replacements. Now to try to figure out how to get the rest of the game back...

#10881 3 years ago

I took your advice but found these on Amazon and Prime has them being delivered tomorrow.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07W2XLKL8/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00

61tR+ncjHGL._SL1200_ (resized).jpg61tR+ncjHGL._SL1200_ (resized).jpg
#10885 3 years ago
Quoted from Rager170:

Dont they sell these at any hardware store or car repair store?

They do sell the mni-blades at most stores... Walmart, Pep Boys, Autozone, Advance Auto Parts. The lowest I found them carry was a 3 amp. Having trouble already, I was not willing to risk over fusing. The 1 amp was just hard to find as pinballinreno mentioned.

#10892 3 years ago
Quoted from HIPPY:

I had this same thing happen to me on the crystal ball. There is a fuse, no one mentions much, I think is fuse 7. It is a automotive type fuse,not glass, located at the front end away from the rest. You need needle nose plyers to pull it. It can be tested like the rest. Also,visually on that one. It runs the ball. Hard to find, JJP didn't carry it, if you need it, check Ebay. Can send a picture if you can't find it.

Thank you HIPPY ! Brilliant. I ordered those 1 amp mini-fuses because I didn't have any lying around. Came in yesterday. I replaced both on the far lower right corner near where the crystal ball plugs in and reinstalled the I/O board. Everything works... coin door buttons, start button, playfield features. All good. Would never had thought to look at those as they are well hidden and not near any of the main fuses that have LED indicators.

1 week later
#10914 3 years ago

So I had one of the automotive miniblade fuses blow on my I/O board a few days ago. HIPPY and LTG helped me track down my issue. When I pulled them out to replace them, there was a "1" on the top (1 amp). I bought the game new so I assumed this was factory. I ordered the 1 Amp miniblades on Amazon. Installed them and everything came back on... for a couple days.

While playing the other night, the game became very dark during game play. I noticed there was no topper light and the spots were out. After removing the service panel cover, I saw that fuse 713 was out on the I/O board. Made total sense because the manual says 713 (2amp slow blow) fuses the topper, Wizard head, spot lights and the start button. I replaced the 713 fuse and it again blew right away.

BUT I noticed the manual calls for 2 amp miniblade fuses in the lower right corner of the I/O board. The originals that I pulled and replaced were 1 amp. Could this be just a coincidence? Or do I need to replace them with 2 amp automotive miniblades first, before I track down the Fuse 713 issue? Could one be causing the other?

Any thoughts?

#10916 3 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

I checked every JJP manual. WOZ is different. F1 and F2 are both Slow Blow 2 AMP 32 V Mini Blade fuses.
So it was increased at the factory. I'd go with the 2 AMP ones.
LTG : )

Thank you. Do you think this could be tied to the 713 fuse blowing? Or do I need to start checking voltages on all the 713 fused items? Seems odd, because none of those items were modded or giving me problems before...

#10920 3 years ago

I forgot because they were installed a couple years ago with no issues, so I went to check. I have splitters on the 12v line.

1) the topper (original line)
2) lighted flipper buttons
3) lighted trough
4) lighted State Fair ballon

Again, the game played fine for a couple years with these mods on. Can these things change their draw over time? I looked for obvious shorts but didn't see any. I was under the playfield and in the service panel a lot recently. Maybe I stressed something? I have the proper 2amp miniblade fuses coming tomorrow. I guess if I blow the 713 again, I can unplug all the mods to see if the problems continue and add them one at a time.

#10923 3 years ago
Quoted from bobukcat:

What can happen is the 12VDC can (theoretically) drop voltage over time which will cause more current to flow and blow a fuse. It's also possible as LEDs in those mods age they begin to draw a little more power. But if you double the fuse size (as the factory eventually did) I seriously doubt you'll blow that fuse unless something is really wrong.

Thank you. I'll check the LED in the State Fair Balloon specifically. LEDs are supposed to last a long, long time and they do last longer than incandescents but I've seen my share of plenty of LEDs that have gone out and I've had to replace on our games.

5 months later
#11855 3 years ago

Selling my crystal ball mod. Brand new, just not going to install it. Looking for original payment of $183 +$7 for UPS ground (shipping to mainland US only)... so $190. PM me if anyone is interested.

File_011 (resized).jpegFile_011 (resized).jpeg
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
10,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
San Jose, CA
14,685 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Northport, NY
$ 29.99
Hardware
Classic Game Rooms

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 91.00
$ 395.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 115.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

11,300 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Spokane Valley, WA
$ 5.00
$ 16.95
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

Machine - For Sale
Warner Robins, GA
$ 199.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

Lighting - Interactive
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 345.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider hd60609.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/woz-fan-club-members-only?tu=hd60609 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.