767a905f-f768-44f4-b3e3-b2998967ff3c_text.gif
Photo Mar 30 2024, 5 42 30 PM (resized).jpg
20240316_125739 (resized).jpg
20240314_221748 (resized).jpg
20240314_215727 (resized).jpg
841FD4A1-7C8E-4E32-973D-DD8D05C4902E (resized).png
3D72BC84-0D17-44A1-B683-A17D4B722FF3 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

12 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #1 Key posted, but no summary given Posted by TigerLaw (10 years ago)

Post #2584 Fan Replacement details Posted by bhwolf (7 years ago)

Post #7017 How to tell if your WOZ has 2.0 boards Posted by f3honda4me (5 years ago)

Post #7022 Balls not making it to shooter lane from trough - Fix Posted by LTG (5 years ago)

Post #7126 Location of the latest software update/version Posted by mavantix (5 years ago)

Post #7128 Update 7.01 notes - released April 16, 2019 Posted by thewool (5 years ago)

Post #7752 Fan Replacement how to and links Posted by f3honda4me (4 years ago)

Post #11015 Adjustment advice for the monkey Posted by LTG (3 years ago)

Post #12537 7.03 Code Release Posted by bobukcat (2 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider fatpanda.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#6905 5 years ago
Quoted from f3honda4me:

So - how do I pay for what I want to order then lol. His site says email him to place an order...

Send him an email for what you want. He'll respond with an invoice, you pay, and a package shows up. Sometimes it takes several months so you have to be patient, but you'll get it. He's a one man show and it takes some time.

1 year later
#11177 3 years ago

Joined the club yesterday with a RR! I spent all morning installing (but not finishing) a complete Cliffy set, cleaning and waxing accessible areas, and installing 2 spotlights at the slings. I put Comet wedge flashers in the spotlights, but noticed that both of them got pretty hot. The bulbs have 13V printed on them. I tapped into the light blue/black wires from the Castle spotlight and the spotlight behind the throne saucer. Am I using the right bulb or did I tap into the wires incorrectly? I took the bulbs out in the meantime.

#11178 3 years ago

Also the game plays a little floaty. Do you all have your games jacked up? There is probably a half inch left on the leg levelers in the back.

#11180 3 years ago
Quoted from pinballinreno:

What degree is your playfield pitch?
Im at 6.5 to 6.6 average.
If the game plays too fast the balls fall off the wireforms.

Not sure. I made sure it was level right to left. Theres about 1/2" of thread left in the rear levelers.

#11182 3 years ago

I'm also on 6.60 code on my RR. Should I update to 7.02 that is requires for YBR? Will it disable the monkey mech?

#11183 3 years ago

Get a digital torpedo level.
Its really a "must have" for dialing in a game.

I dont get too bent up on exact pf pitch. I usually go with what "feels right." I tried messing with a clinometer app a time ago and it just wasnt worth the hassle for me.

#11186 3 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Read the change log. And yes.

No.
LTG : )

Thanks Lloyd! Would you have an answer to my spotlight question? I need to replace the bulbs on the existing spotlights also and want to order the correct ones.

#11188 3 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

The spot lights are 12 volt. Or should be. Put a meter on it and see if it's 12 volts DC.
No idea why the Comet ones got hot. They shouldn't.

That's what I thought. I can check the voltage, but would imagine they wouldn't be any different.

These are the bulbs that I used.
https://www.cometpinball.com/products/8smd-flashers

#11190 3 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

That is the problem. You used flashers. Spot lights don't flash. Constant power to them is the likely issue.
A flasher get hit occasionally with 20 volts briefly, to flash.
Get 12 volt bulbs or LEDs.

I will have to order some then. Thanks!

#11208 3 years ago

I just bought some 8SMD minis and 12V COB in sunlight before I saw this post. I dont wany them to be toobright, just bright enough to light up their respective playfields. Thanks for the suggestion!

#11209 3 years ago

So my witch doesn't move up or down. I go to investigate and it looks like I'm missing a shaft that goes into her back and down through the motor? I have no reference what it should be like working. What do I need to get her going again?

20200907_104852 (resized).jpg20200907_104852 (resized).jpg20200907_105145 (resized).jpg20200907_105145 (resized).jpg
#11210 3 years ago

Is it a threaded rod that should go there?

#11214 3 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

I’m a bit curious how you loose the shaft?? Did you just notice she wasn’t moving?

My son was playing and he had the witch hurry up. I noticed that she was still hiding. I bought this second hand, so I reached out the the previous owner to see if they remember working on it.

So should it be threaded like the winged monkey mech?

#11215 3 years ago

The set screw is missing too, I wonder of it's in the bottom of the cabinet somewhere...

#11217 3 years ago

I found the threaded rod and the set screw in the bottom of the cabinet. The base cracked and allowed the set screw to fall out. Hopefully a little epoxy will get her back together again.

#11218 3 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Not my post but check out the HH thread. He shows the assembly and disassembled process in a video. That should help you identify where the part is or if it’s missing. Good luck.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/wizard-of-oz-woz-flaming-witch-with-realistic-fire-mod-development/page/4#post-5465552

That is helpful. Thank you!

#11220 3 years ago

Put a little silicone grease on the threaded rod.
Same as the mokey rod.

Did that with the monkey rod, since it was making noises and when I inspected it, it was a little gummed up.. The grease worked like a charm. I didnt do it with the witch rod since it didn't seem like that rod had grease on it.

#11228 3 years ago
Quoted from Rager170:

Yes, its awesome! I have the red one.

Where does the light tie into?

#11231 3 years ago

It taps into a nearby GI light.
Comet has nice adapters for their matrix line if you want to do it yourself.
You can get a translucent drop target now ftom Zitt.
Use the spare sticker from the goody bag.
Total price about $10

I was definitely thinking about doing a DIY light. I will have extra 12V bulbs from replacing/adding the spotlights to my game, so could easily tap off of the spotlight as well and mount a socket underneath. I know Pinball Life sells translucent drop targets that appear to be the same but I will see what Zitt has.

With that said, I might just keep it simple and go with another spotlight pointing towards that area. Will be cheaper and simpler

1 week later
#11280 3 years ago
Quoted from Kkoss24:

Sooooo.....what’s the best product to grease my monkey ? Lmao no really what type of grease is best to use I’m due I can hear it .

Super Lube. Best stuff ever. A little goes a long ways.
https://www.amazon.com/Super-Lube-92003-Lubricating-Translucent/dp/B0081JE0OO/ref=sr_1_8

#11289 3 years ago

The screen on my crystal ball might be dead. Does anyone know the cost to replace it? Do I have to get the entire thing or can the screen just be replaced?

There was some burn-in on it that looked like a cowboy in the upper left corner but it always showed an image. Now it looks like red dark clouds and is static.

#11291 3 years ago
Quoted from LukyDuck:

From Barry at JJP...
Display PN 17-000001-00 $119.99
SD Card PN 15-000012-01 $21.99
My screen has been freezing while in attract mode for the last few months. Tried everything Barry mentioned with no luck.

Thanks. I'm not sure what other options I have. Bummer.

1 month later
#11370 3 years ago

Speaking of spinner, does anyone get rejects from that shot? Sometimes, I'll make that shot really fast and it rejects out. I've looked at the rail and the lane, and there doesn't seem to be anything that would cause it.

#11375 3 years ago

Ok. Thanks for the replies. Just making sure mine wasn't misadjusted or anything like that. I'd like to see if I can get a slo-mo video of it happening to see what's going on there.

#11378 3 years ago
Quoted from adol75:

From what I've seen it happens when I hit it hard from the right flipper, it bounces on the rail and come back through the spinner

That's what feels like happens to me too. A slow-mo video would be able to tell us for sure.

#11380 3 years ago

I bent the flatrail a little to soften the arc slightly.
I also lowered the flipper bats angle 1/16", this helped a lot on my game. Makes the throne room more accessable.
Some experimentation was needed on my part to get it right.
Still it rejects once in awhile, but its a lot better.

So you bent the rail outward? Kind of what I was thinking.

2 months later
#11934 3 years ago

I have inconsistent plunges as well and after slo-mo vids and observing it closely, the ball is making contact in the same areas where you have felt tape. Did you find that this corrected the problem?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 16.95
Playfield - Other
RavSpec

$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

9,300 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Santa Maria, CA
14,685 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Northport, NY
$ 55.00
Lighting - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Lighting - Led
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 24.50
Machine - For Sale
St. Clair Shores, MI
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

13,000 (OBO)
$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 345.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 29.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider fatpanda.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/woz-fan-club-members-only?tu=fatpanda and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.