20240314_221748 (resized).jpg
20240314_215727 (resized).jpg
841FD4A1-7C8E-4E32-973D-DD8D05C4902E (resized).png
3D72BC84-0D17-44A1-B683-A17D4B722FF3 (resized).jpeg
WOZ lightboard 2 (resized).jpg
WOZ lightboard 1 (resized).jpg
20240309_110050 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

12 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #1 Key posted, but no summary given Posted by TigerLaw (10 years ago)

Post #2584 Fan Replacement details Posted by bhwolf (7 years ago)

Post #7017 How to tell if your WOZ has 2.0 boards Posted by f3honda4me (5 years ago)

Post #7022 Balls not making it to shooter lane from trough - Fix Posted by LTG (5 years ago)

Post #7126 Location of the latest software update/version Posted by mavantix (5 years ago)

Post #7128 Update 7.01 notes - released April 16, 2019 Posted by thewool (5 years ago)

Post #7752 Fan Replacement how to and links Posted by f3honda4me (4 years ago)

Post #11015 Adjustment advice for the monkey Posted by LTG (3 years ago)

Post #12537 7.03 Code Release Posted by bobukcat (2 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider f3honda4me.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#6665 5 years ago

How many different Multiballs and how many different wizard modes does the game have?

#6669 5 years ago

Glad to hear the depth and all the Multiball and wizard or mini wizard modes!

#6687 5 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Do we know anything about the YBR edition? I heard somewhere they were looking at cost cutting some of the features out ? Not sure if that’s accurate

The YBR is nothing but rumor so far. The only thing we do know for sure is that they will be doing another 75th version run. Which also makes me think that a "stripped down" version is also just unsubstantiated rumor. If they were removing features due to problems, they wouldn't do another 75th version run that still had all original mechanicals.

#6705 5 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Just a heads up for those with 7.5v light board games. I was cleaning the playfield on my WOZ yesterday and after a quick wipe down with Novus 1 went to apply a hard carnauba wax. I had been waxing the playfield with Wizards Mist n Shine per JJP's recommendation as it has anti static properties which is key to reducing the chance of light board issues on 7.5v games.
I've never had an issue with my game so figured I would skip the Mist n Shine this time and just use a caranuba wax. Well, while buffing the dried caranuba wax off the playfield using a microfiber cloth I could hear the static build up / release on the cloth. I cleaned 3 other pins prior to this and never noticed a static build up sound while buffing the playfield. I did have the game plugged in but it was turned off. I ended up going back over the playfield with Wizards Mist n Shine, same type of cloth, and noticed 0 static build up. Weird.
So if you have a WOZ with 7.5v light boards use Wizards Mist n Shine to wax your playfield. It's the static build up on the light boards / playfield that can cause light board issues and failures. Cleaning the game with a product like Wizards Mist n Shine will reduce static build up on the playfield.
amazon.com link »

Does this actually leave any wax behind? I thought this is just a cleaner but doesn't leave any protective film/wax.

#6707 5 years ago
Quoted from pinballinreno:

Its not a wax and protects nothing.
Its a great detailing cleaner that leaves a nice shine because it has the tiniest bit of wax in it. Something like windex with a thimble full of wax per gallon.
I use it a lot for ramps, plastics or between waxing wipe-downs of the playfield.
Its great stuff, but its in no way a wax that puts down a hard renewable protective coating.
Blitz or P21S silver can is the way to go.

Got it, thank you!

1 week later
#6736 5 years ago

What is the cost to upgrade the boards on an ECLE does anyone know? I thought I read $800 somewhere.

1 week later
#6776 5 years ago

Looking to join the club, considering buying a NIB with 2.0 boards WOZ. Prices on used WOZ seem way too high to me considering majority of them don’t have 2.0 boards. $7500-$8000 for a used plus shipping plus another $800 and 12 hours of work installing 2.0 boards, or buy a new one for about $9500 delivered. From reading people seem to indicate it’s not a matter of if but when the 5.5 or 7.5 boards will fail earlier than they should, and people selling with only a few hundred plays seem of the impression their 5.5/7.5 boards will never fail early since they haven’t failed yet, so therefore will never need 2.0. Am I crazy?

#6778 5 years ago
Quoted from finman2000:

I would consider a used game with 2.0 boards that is within driving distance of you. I wouldn't buy a game with 5/7.5v boards. That is how I got bit.

That was my thought as well. And you wouldn’t be the first. I think the extra $1000 is worth avoiding the hassle and headaches of non 2.0 boards.

#6781 5 years ago
Quoted from Wildbill327:

I just went through this same thing, to buy used or just go for the nib. I ended up going NIB with 2.0 system and feel good with my choice. If you are buying this pin to be a keeper and you’re actually planning on playing it then it seems NIB is the right choice with 2.0. If you’re buying to play and move it on in a few months or so then used would be the choice, but that’s just my humble opinion.

This would be a buy to keep for quite a while. My family plays it when we go to a friends house that has it.

#6783 5 years ago
Quoted from adol75:

I have a 7,5v version and now close to 2000 games. I had 2 GIs board that died within the first 2 weeks and nothing else since then. I added a voltage regulator not sure if it helped or not but havent had any issue since then.
So I would say get a 2.0 if you can it’s clearly better but a 7,5 is not a sure path to issues either.

Thanks for the feedback. For now I've decided to wait and see if there is going to be a new YBR version or whatnot that is announced at TPF, and if I like what I see I'll just buy that through Kingpin/Chris!

#6786 5 years ago
Quoted from HIPPY:

I will be at TPF, also. Jack, himself has come there before. Really nice guy.
I got my RR in 2014, new. 7.5 boards, zero boards issues. However, it has lots of toys. Mine has blown the same fuse, finally did it in front of me. Been going on years. Always tested all toys good, the house motor was bad. You can really scratch your head on this one. Jersey Jack has great support, even 5 years later. I do indeed love this game, though.

I'm not going to TPF but I'm assuming someone will post something on the forums here as soon as the details are out. Our POTC is the most played and continues to be the house favorite, so I am hoping to strike gold in the same way with WOZ.

2 weeks later
#6848 5 years ago

If they come out with YBR and it's at least as good as the 75th was, I am a buyer!

#6873 5 years ago
Quoted from dnaman:

The yellow overall is way too much for me.
I would however happily drop the playfield into my ECLE. I have asked in two places to see if A: the playfield is identical to the EC and RR editions and B: if the YBR glitter PF can be purchased separately.

I’d say no on B.

#6887 5 years ago

Odd question - anyone know the BOX dimensions of the WOZ RR machines? I'm referring to the shipping box they come in.

#6890 5 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

31 inches by 31 inches by 57 inches.
LTG : )

Thank you thank you kind sir.

#6891 5 years ago
Quoted from adol75:

The box is fairly usual, what is very surprising and unexpected when you get it delivered is how damn heavy it is. I remember calling two friends once I tried lifting the box with the delivery guy, and 4 of us was still a painful time !

I just need to get it in and out of the vehicle, easy enough to do with the sliding method. After that, it's all escalera!

#6894 5 years ago
Quoted from pinheadpierre:

I'm thinking I'd like to add some Cliffys to my newly acquired WOZ. I know I read recommendations about this somewhere but can't seem to find it. I remember people saying the munchkinland playfield edge needs a protector. Seems like the scoops could use protection, too. That means a minimum order of the VUK/scoop set and munchkin edge. What is the general opinion on protection for the rollover buttons, magnets and castle playfield edge?

Sounds like Cliffys is 2 months behind right now. so gonna be a while

#6896 5 years ago

Thanks for the input. I think that's the route I'll take, too unless enough people chime in otherwise. I'm having a hard time seeing how the rollover button areas would need a cliffy given that the is an approximately 1/8" ring of clear plastic flush with the plywood edge between the button and the playfield. Plus I don't want three metal rings in the middle of that beautiful playfield. The magnets I worry about a little bit not as much as the saucers. I also have a hard time imagining the castle playfield taking a bad hit to the edge. Is this an actual problem area or just a protection option for the abundantly cautious?

That's okay. He's a one man shop making stuff in his garage. Sometimes you'll get lucky and he'll have stock on hand for what you need. Otherwise, I'm fine to wait. He's a great guy with a quality product.

Agreed!

#6900 5 years ago

Anyone know how long it usually takes cliffy to respond to emails for placing an order?

#6903 5 years ago

I'm not sure that I've ever gotten an email response. A package just shows up one day....

So - how do I pay for what I want to order then lol. His site says email him to place an order...

#6909 5 years ago

He will email you an invoice and a link to pay him.
Cliff is really good about all of this.

Quoted from FatPanda:

Send him an email for what you want. He'll respond with an invoice, you pay, and a package shows up. Sometimes it takes several months so you have to be patient, but you'll get it. He's a one man show and it takes some time.

Thank you

#6926 5 years ago

Joined the club today! Received my NIB Emerald Green LE and it's working flawlessly. And has a monkey! :p I got this from automated services. What's interesting is that even though the build date on the machine was 2015, it has 2.0 boards. Love that NIB smell!

Box even has a label that says 2.0 boards.
IMG_4025 (resized).jpgIMG_4025 (resized).jpg

IMG_4027 (resized).jpgIMG_4027 (resized).jpg

Ready to go with the escalera
IMG_4028 (resized).jpgIMG_4028 (resized).jpg

Downstairs, and now it's escalera lift time! Escalera purchased through the one and only ZMeny from Flip N Out pinball. Worth its weight in gold I swear.
IMG_4029 (resized).jpgIMG_4029 (resized).jpg

IMG_4032 (resized).jpgIMG_4032 (resized).jpg

Sparkly powder coated legs
IMG_4030 (resized).jpgIMG_4030 (resized).jpg

2.0 light system!
IMG_4033 (resized).jpgIMG_4033 (resized).jpg

IMG_4034 (resized).jpgIMG_4034 (resized).jpg

And finally home with friends
IMG_4035 (resized).jpgIMG_4035 (resized).jpg

#6930 5 years ago

Oh and huge thank you to MK6PIN for help

#6940 5 years ago
Quoted from Ballypinball:

ok so a standard edition with green Trim then

Not exactly.

Has invisiglass, shaker, powder coated etc. It has everything the original ECLE has except for the wood apron and direct printed cab. It does use the standard topper.

#6943 5 years ago

Had a minor issue with my WOZ - bad/broken solder joint on the haunted forest skill shot caused several other switches to fail too. Resoldered the wires and all is good again. Thanks to LTG for the helping hand too.

Got my invoice from cliffy this morning, so once he catches up I'll have cliffys for the munchkin playfield edge and castle playfield edge.

#6945 5 years ago
Quoted from EricHadley:

Get the RR with 2.0 boards. Has the monkey, looks great and is 2k cheaper.

This. I think automated MIGHT have one left. If not, they have their Emerald Green LE like the one I bought.

PS. my monkey hasn't given me any monkey business

#6949 5 years ago

Looks like the RR are sold out. Just the emerald green LE, as he calls them, are left.

#6955 5 years ago
Quoted from finman2000:

What was the price on the green "LE"?

$9250 wire transfer plus shipping

#6956 5 years ago
Quoted from Ballypinball:

Ok so I have a standard Edition with Invisiglass shaker motor and Timber signed Apron and topper
so what do you call that version

Isn’t that the special “down under” ECLE? After that whole Australia fiasco. I assume it also has powder coated rails, lockdown, legs etc.

#6957 5 years ago
Quoted from dnaman:

An 'Automated Custom LE' or "WOZ GREEN" like the stamp on the box
It's a beauty, just not a WOZ ECLE which should be perfectly alright by you.

Exactly.

#6958 5 years ago
Quoted from nitrojcrawf:

How many LE’s do we really need. There is only one ECLE. You bought a standard made green, technically a modded out standard.

You’re right there is only one ECLE. Who said anything different? But this is not a standard lol. If it is, then the 75th RR is also just a modded standard. :p

#6960 5 years ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

Does anyone know can radcals be added later or not ? Probably
Not without dismantling whole coin door etc

You can but yes as you said, some disassembly required

#6962 5 years ago
Quoted from nitrojcrawf:

Yep, wood apron, different topper and a true limited edition #. Oh, I also only paid 6500.. for mine plus 800 to update light boards.

Right that’s the ECLE. We’ve covered that... Here is the IPDB for the ECLE
https://www.ipdb.org/machine.cgi?id=5967

#6975 5 years ago
Quoted from adol75:

Same here, it didn’t bother me much, but since a piece of mylar can fix it, I’ll do it.
Also there’s a bunch of WOZ that popped up on the market, there might be more YBR fans than we all thought

Could also be people trying to capitalize on a temp price hike since there are maybe only a few NIB WOZ left available outside of the $11.5k YBR. Notice the latest ones to hit the market are charging like $1000 more than before.

#6976 5 years ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

I think I sealed the deal on a RR with radcals. I already have too much green going on with my AFMR LE and my Alien LE. I have too much stainless steel with the rest of my machines.. but no red.. this RR will make a nice addition!

Congrats

#6994 5 years ago

Looking for some mods for my WOZ. I know the red smoke and monkey mods are must haves, but if you're not already on the list, I'll be waiting a long time lol. What have you found to be your personal favorites?

#6997 5 years ago
Quoted from Calfdemon:

The playfield characters sold by Modfather go well. I have the scarecrow, tin man, lion, and the Mayor in mine. I also have his ruby red pincup on my machine, as well as the RR shooter housing and RR shooter rod. https://modfatherpinball.com/collections/woz
The Throne Room fire pots by Mezel Mods is a must have... They have some other nice mods too, but the fire pots are great! https://mezelmods.com/collections/wizard-of-oz-pinball-mods
And Indypinhead here on Pinside make a great light-up drop target for the castle entrance. Much better than the stock black one. I put a color changing LED under mine. https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-product-lit-drop-target-for-woz
Pin Stadium lights take WOZ to a whole new level. Its an investment, but they make the game look AMAZING and are completely adjustable. https://pinstadium.com/
Lastly, I added branches and leaves to my haunted forest. I bought a small plastic plant meant for a reptile cage from a local pet store and after cutting it up and a hot glue gun, my haunted forest looks a lot better. A lot of people have done this which is where I got the idea from...
Just a few to ponder...

Great suggestions. I've seen the lit winkie/guard target and the fire pots, both are great mods. I've added them to my list, thanks!

#7002 5 years ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

I have never played WOZ, but it sounds like the monkey is really cool. Sounds like the best feature of the game?

I got my WOZ last week, and we have had neighbors and family over this weekend for stuff. The monkey carrying the ball off always got the biggest reactions and comments of anything in the game.

PS. And I never even made mention of that feature, because I was curious what reactions would be to the game. It was always the biggest "oh look how cool!". The first time I ever played it (before I even know who JJP was, so I had no idea it was there) that was my reaction as well.

#7006 5 years ago

Ordered my first WOZ mod - the lit drop target from indypinhead. More to come but might see what is at MGC first if anything.

#7009 5 years ago

Best help you can get

Capture (resized).JPGCapture (resized).JPG
#7017 5 years ago
Quoted from Halfwasted:

Thinking of picking up this WoZ, would it have 2.0 light boards based on this build date?
[quoted image]

2.0 didn’t come out until around January 2017. So someone would have had to install them afterwards (as LTG said)

Here is what 2.0 boards look like. They say 2.0 on them and have blue Ethernet cables going to a main board in the middle.

The older boards will be daisy chained and say 5.5v or 7.5v on them.

4DC6C480-BA4B-4F74-BE6D-6648AB07E123 (resized).jpeg4DC6C480-BA4B-4F74-BE6D-6648AB07E123 (resized).jpegBEA56777-F1BB-417C-B73E-891811C83320 (resized).jpegBEA56777-F1BB-417C-B73E-891811C83320 (resized).jpeg
#7018 5 years ago

Got a puzzling issue - my trough VUK seems to be unable to get the ball to the shooting lane after playing for about 5-10 minutes. I have been upping the trough VUK power to try and fix, but that doesn't work. It seems that after playing a short bit, the VUK is very weak and cannot get the ball going, sometimes taking 10+ tries before the ball finally gets into the shooter lane. I was thinking the coil was overheating but it feels only very slightly warm to the touch. Could it just be a bad coil? Taking video it doesn't appear as the ball is catching on anything.

#7020 5 years ago
Quoted from bobukcat:

Seriously doubt it's a bad coil, probably need to manually adjust the angle of the trough eject bracket. Have you tried turning the power down on that coil instead of up? Also make sure all the mounting hardware, coil stop and guide, etc. are all tight and nothing came loose in shipping.

I tried turning down and it gets worse. I’ll get in there and check alignment and that all is secure. I appreciate the advice.

#7023 5 years ago

Pull off the apron and bend out the metal tab.
Eject a few balls you will see where its hitting.
It's the forward side tab probably.
Bend it either in or out depending on what it does.
LTG should have pics of this.

Quoted from LTG:

http://www.pinplay.com/5/adjusting_the_ball_trough_on_woz.html
Make sure coil sleeve is clean and not worn or cracked.

Great stuff. I searched for trough vuk and didn’t find this. My POTC has been great so I had no idea on this one!

#7030 5 years ago

Buy an escalera and after a handful of pins in and out it will have paid for itself.

#7042 5 years ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

I think Im going to do my best to get white glove. I don't want any friends to get hurt, I dont want to get hurt again , and this thing sounds massive .

Need an escalera from ZMeny

#7044 5 years ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

so did your woz have these 2.0 boards? Everything working ok on it including monkey? I got my RR form same place you bought your WOZ.

Yep 2.0 boards. Monkey works fine.

#7049 5 years ago
Quoted from bobukcat:

Does that Green edition have the extra toys they put in the RRs like the castle walls, tornado and Toto in a basket? Just curious.

No. Not a fan of the Toto or tornado personally. I’ll probably get castle walls mod though.

#7054 5 years ago

Installed my drop target from indypinhead

Love the look and how solid this feels in hand, going to be able to take a beating!

IMG_4050 (resized).jpgIMG_4050 (resized).jpg
#7060 5 years ago

Is there a link to the guide?

#7063 5 years ago

Thanks! Key post made! This thread needs more of them.

#7105 5 years ago
Quoted from capguntrooper:

First off, You need your topper and manual sent to you no matter what. The second, if the machine was upgraded to the 2.0 system then it would have to be opened

No the 2.0 boards were done by JJP at the factory. It shouldn’t look opened. It should look like new from the factory.

However there is nothing to remove from the playfield. No protective plastic.

#7106 5 years ago

Mike at automated sent back lots of WOZ machines to JJP to have the boards upgraded to 2.0. My 2015 build date emerald green edition was one such machine. When I opened it, it looked brand new factory sealed, as it should, since JJP themselves did the board upgrade.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/woz-fan-club-members-only/page/139#post-4910016

#7108 5 years ago
Quoted from adol75:

11/16/16 was still delivered with the olders boards, so I would assume someone did the upgrade thus opened the box to do so, it can be at the factory or done by your distributor.
There was no playfield protection on my NIB WOZ when it arrived, but there was some foam behind that needed to be removed and a paper stuck on the glass with instructions for cleaning invisiglass.
And yes the spare parts should arrive in a sealed plastic bag with 2 compartments, and the topper came with a protective blue tape on top.

If he bought from automated, then JJP did the upgrade and the pin would look factory sealed. Not sure what’s going on with his.

#7110 5 years ago
Quoted from thanhdlam1985:

It came in a zip lock bag with the balls lose, and the baggies cut open. But the extra parts were still in a protective plastic covering.[quoted image][quoted image]

Mine didn’t come that way. Beats me?

#7130 5 years ago
Quoted from bobukcat:

This is important:
"Note this means the first time you install this version, your existing
drive will NOT be compatible, so you'll need to backup settings manually
if you want to keep them."

Oh so you can't do a backup and restore of settings and audits? Dang.

#7136 5 years ago

I'll do a USB backup and see if I can restore it after I update. Will post back results.

#7139 5 years ago

You can backup and restore settings using the usual USB. Format to fat32 and insert and backup as normal. Verified this works with 7.01.

#7144 5 years ago
Quoted from imagamejunky:

Would one of you please comment on if USB back up and restore works going from 6.61 to 7.01

3 posts before yours :p

#7146 5 years ago
Quoted from imagamejunky:

Thanks guys. And sorry I'm freaking blind

All in good fun.

#7161 5 years ago
Quoted from wtatumjr:

I'm running Ver. 6.5. Can I upgrade directly to 7.1 or need to install each upgrade after 6.5 one at a time?

You just install 7.01 regardless of existing version. It's a full install, not a delta upgrade.

#7170 5 years ago

I’m on 7.01 and the plunger sound is still there. Not sure why yours are not?

#7184 5 years ago
Quoted from dnaman:

Agreed, this should be available for all models when you turn off the monkey mech. That is what it sounds like here and is most logical.

Wait so what is displayed on screen for those of us using the monkey is different than what those with YBR or using virtual lock are seeing? What would they show? I'm surprised they just wouldn't still show the monkeys carrying dorothy off? hehe

#7187 5 years ago
Quoted from wtatumjr:

I can't seem to get my update to work. I downloaded 7.01 to the computer. I get a disc icon with Wizard of Oz v07.01. I right click on icon and send to formatted USB. WOZ doesn't seem to recognize update. I keep getting Version 6.5 on start up.

Follow instructions here:
http://marketing.jerseyjackpinball.com/general/install-full/

#7194 5 years ago

Escalera all the way

56a24aaeb1237db891962521ceaf23ee754c6b1f (resized).jpg56a24aaeb1237db891962521ceaf23ee754c6b1f (resized).jpgc661d53e915ca48fbe7d7d504058dbeb9f89cc94 (resized).jpgc661d53e915ca48fbe7d7d504058dbeb9f89cc94 (resized).jpg
#7196 5 years ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

Ok you took it down stairs with the machine. Did you lay it on the ground yourself flat? Did you need help with that part?

Laid it down myself. I'm going to do a video on my next pin to show the whole thing start to finish. Here is a pic of just before I lay it down. You position the rubber feet of the lifting part of the escalera to prevent it from moving while you lay it down. Then I just start to tip the pin towards the escalera, let gravity do most of the work, and it's able to be laid down relatively easy onto the plate. Since the escalera is taking a brunt of the weight, it's not too difficult.
9045901c77237677e40c40e35faf54283c2f6129 (resized).jpg9045901c77237677e40c40e35faf54283c2f6129 (resized).jpg

The full process is:

I open the game standing up outside, shimmy it out of the box, and then strap the escalera (without forks, takes 30 seconds to remove them) to it and haul it downstairs. I then leave the pin standing, and get the forks and lift plate onto my escalera (takes 30 seconds), at which point I move it over to where the pin is. I am able to lay the pin down myself onto the lift plate. Crank the plate up to lift the pin, install the legs, set it down and cut the shipping strap that holds the head to the pin. Put the head up. Last, lift the pin again using the escalera, and wheel it into place!

#7201 5 years ago

Its way easier to cut down the sides of the box from vertical, attach the front legs while verticle.
Lay game on the front legs.
Lift back of game onto a bar stool, install the back legs and then remove the bar stool.
Way easier this way and only one lift.

This. Absolutely do it this way.

#7204 5 years ago
Quoted from bobukcat:

Unless you have a bad leg from a pinball machine falling on it and you can't lift the game up high enough to put the bar stool under it.

But, how does laying it down and taking it out of the box laying down make that any better? Not sure I follow. :p I'd think that would be even worse then, yes? Those were the two options in the context of the conversation.

#7208 5 years ago
Quoted from bobukcat:

I was just trying to make a joke at the expense of oneangrymo - however I do think laying it down flat on a lift (if you have one) would be easier than dead-lifting the back. FWIW, I cut the box, put the legs on, etc. but I did have some help lifting it. My STTNG which is not quite as heavy but still a load, that is out of the box (of course), I lower directly onto the HF lift and then raise it up to install all four legs. Modern Stern are light enough to dead-lift the back up and slide a stool under pretty easily so that's what I'd typically do with them unless the lift is handy.

Oh yea I get what you were saying now.

#7226 5 years ago

Linux doesnt use drivers.
The micro code on the device talks to it instead.
Pretty much any regular SSD will work.
I'm not sure a m.2 with an adapter will though. It would be fun to try it.

Linux uses drivers just like any other OS. :p

#7229 5 years ago

Yes, i fully admit that I should be better at linux, but the OS is designed not to be hardware specific.
At least that's what was mentioned in the past.
The 7.01 update would have an updated kernal for newer hardware.
At least that's how I read it.

I know it can be confusing and I’m guessing that JJP installs the drivers in their image to work with their hardware. It just means that a different type of drive or board may or may not work. Won’t know until you try. And even if you installed drivers yourself to make it work, the pinball software itself might still not work if it was coded to use a specific device.

At work my team manages about 100 Linux servers and we have to update hardware drivers regularly to fix bugs or security vulnerabilities.

#7233 5 years ago
Quoted from mavantix:

Yes. That seems to just renumber the addressing so the correct lamps light when a board is bypassed. Also removed power from all bypassed boards just in case they are somehow dragging voltage down on the circuit.

To properly bypass the boards you have to do it a specific way. It requires both changing the physical cabling to remove from the chain as well as then disabling inside the software menu.

#7244 4 years ago
Quoted from hisokajp:

thanks guys.
Based on JJP support, I have used 3 different USB stick (one wasn't compatible and didn't boot) but 2 gave me the same Kernel error. The machine did not come with USB extension cable so i have open the PC chassis and plug directly into the USB port at the back.
I have used both US and EU image burnt with both Rufus and Unetbootfin, getting same error with both software.
I am happy to try a 4th USB stick before thinking about swapping SSD... This? amazon.com link »
Red stick in picture
[quoted image]

I use this for all my JJP games without issue. I use 8gb to 32gb SD and mini SD cards with it. They all work fine.

Note this is just an SD card usb stick, you need an SD card too.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B0046TJG1U

1 week later
#7330 4 years ago
Quoted from HIPPY:

Did you know Ruby Red are LE, only 1500 were made. I got #34 , nib, 5 years ago new. They are definitely gone , new,that is.

The ruby red is not limited to 1500. That limit was removed right after it was released. Only ECLE, the automated services exclusive emerald green, and the YBR are limited in number.

#7335 4 years ago
Quoted from whitey:

Well there’s only one option!
[quoted image]

There’s more than one option. :p
I’d buy an automated services emerald green WOZ before the YBR. Comes with most features the EC/RR had and has the monkey still and 2.0 boards. And costs $2k less. That’s the route I went after YBR came out.

#7345 4 years ago
Quoted from avspin:

That ad on Hemisphere's site says limited to "1500 units"
JJP Site says "limited to 1500 units"
Automated's says "limited to 1500 units"
Where can I see or hear JJP say they ended the 1500 limit?
I have #1460, bought last year, 2.0 boards.
Just curious as I don't plan to sell it ever.

Kingpin posted here that JJP removed the 1500 limit.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/are-they-making-a-yellow-brick-road-edition-of-woz#post-4704063

Can you link to where it says limited to 1500 on JJP site? I couldn’t even find the 75th RR on JJP site anymore so maybe I missed it.

#7352 4 years ago
Quoted from avspin:

Just took this screen shot now.
[quoted image]

Thanks I see that now. Totally missed it. I know distributors were told by JJP that the 1500 limit was removed. Curious if there are any in the wild that are over number 1500. Distributors were also told more will be made later this year.

#7359 4 years ago
Quoted from harryhoudini:

Yeah, sounds a bit odd.. that also they would compete with themselves in launching a new version and then providing more of an older version. Maybe they haven't made all 1500?

Not really competing with themselves. JJP is targeting different buyers with the YBR.

#7389 4 years ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

U need a Tesla certified electric company to come and install it . And also don’t forget it’s tax deductible !

No you dont lol. :p I did the install myself. But if you have never done electrical you should have an electrician do it.

Quoted from joseph5185:

Not to get off the topic too much from pinball/WOZ, but I have heard about the home charger.
I assume it costs more, but is easy enough to install/use?

Cost is $500, have an electrician install it. Charges faster, and more efficiently so you're paying less $ per KWh.

Quoted from joseph5185:

I would MAYBE pay $11k for YBR, but that $500 just hurts. I know it's "only" $500, but still..
Still REALLy hard to choose YBR over RR or EC (Automated).

Not even close for me. Automated exclusive Emerald Green 2.0 all the way.

#7432 4 years ago

My first issue on my WOZ, the 3 light strip of LEDs under the Oz
acrylic are very dim. They are getting 12v ok by multimeter,
so I'm
guessing I need the strip replaced. Submitted a ticket to JJP
hopefully they get it replaced under warranty soon.

IMG_4205 (resized).jpgIMG_4205 (resized).jpg

IMG_4204 (resized).jpgIMG_4204 (resized).jpg

On another note looks like I'll be selling my WOZ very soon.
Didn't have it very long but it's just not getting anywhere near as
much play as my other pins.

#7434 4 years ago

This just happened out of the blue after it being fine for some
time? Looks like you have an ECLE, it's still under warranty?

I don't have an ECLE, it's an automated services exclusive emerald green. It's similar to the RR in terms of features level. ($9500 new)

#7437 4 years ago

Ah ok, though that might be the case then. Wish I knew about the
AS version, I wanted an ECLE but ended up with a RR to replace my
SE. Love the green.

Yea I could have bought the RR or the emerald green and I really love the green powdercoat. I also wanted invisiglass, shaker, and the 2.0 boards etc. It's a beautiful pin, and we played it a ton at a friend's house, but for whatever reason it just doesn't get much play.

Quoted from joseph5185:

Man..I would play it like crazy!
Pirates taking all your time or ??

POTC, IMDN, MBr, AFMr all get twice the plays our WOZ is getting. It's not that we don't like it, we just like the others a lot more I guess between me, wife, and 3 kids.

#7444 4 years ago

JJP fast today, got a replacement LED cable on the way!

#7447 4 years ago
Quoted from fnosm:

The sooner you sell it the sooner you can buy it again.

HAH I like your style

#7454 4 years ago

Well the WOZ is up for sale

SOLD!
Machine - For Sale
As new - New out of box (first owner) - “I bought this new in box and it has less than 250 plays on it. It's the Automated Services exclusive Emerald Green edition, one of only 100 ever made. It has most of the features...”
2019-05-15
Colgate, WI
Archived after: 3 days
Viewed: 510 times
Contributed to Pinside

#7456 4 years ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

What ???? Didn’t u just get it ?

Yea. It has just not jived with our family. We played it a lot at a friend's house and really liked it, but once we got it in home, the love was lost for whatever reason. It's a beautiful pin, just not for us it seems, can't really put my finger on why.

#7462 4 years ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

Man after what I went through today to get it into my basement I hope I don’t feel the same way !
Happy to say my woz arrived in basement damage free . Now legs . Man my legs are tired [quoted image][quoted image]

I'll take that alien off your hands.

#7534 4 years ago

External sub with no amp is going to do nothing.

Get the PinWoofer kit.

#7552 4 years ago
Quoted from Calfdemon:

Actually, if you want the light up winkie target, indypinhead from Pinside make a superior one. Nothing against Mezelmods as they make some great stuff, but there have been issues with their winkie and the one indypinhead makes is way better.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-product-lit-drop-target-for-woz

This is the best drop down mod target for WOZ hands down. It's solid and will take bashing forever. The other drop target mods break too easily.

#7609 4 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

12 volts DC at the connector ? If yes. You need to get a new led strip.

This.

I just went through this too. The part number for the LED strip is 19-003016-00. I’d call them as they had them in stock even though site says out of stock.

1 week later
#7725 4 years ago
Quoted from PinJim:

Another question. The lights circled below are off in color from the rest of the lights - at least during game play. You can somewhat see it in the picture, but it's more pronounced in person. What's odd is that they are fine if I illuminate them in diagnostics. It's just during game play. Like they aren't rendering the mixing of colors like the rest of the lights.
Is this normal, or (I'm guessing) something's wrong with my machine?[quoted image]

Which LED boards do you have? What version of WOZ software are you running?

#7727 4 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

What ever he has is good. The first six inserts that are yellow is throwing him off.

Ah interesting I never noticed that on mine hah.

Something to note, when I first installed 7.01, it seemed fine and after a day or two the LEDs were "off". In tests they all worked as expected, but during games they would not light or would be the wrong color etc. Reinstall of 7.01 fixed it right up and it had worked fine ever since. Figured I'd mention in case anyone else had this.

This was with 2.0 boards, so it was something with the update.

#7749 4 years ago

Does anyone know the size of the fan in the side of the CPU case? Or have a suggestion on a replacement on Amazon? That thing is loud as heck. Hard to get a tape measure down there.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/woz-fan-club-members-only/page/52#post-3425897

#7751 4 years ago

Ok... first of all, how do you find these things so quickly? I searched and couldn't find it, maybe I'm not proficient at searching here.
Second.. did you find any posts where someone did the fan replacement? I was hoping maybe someone had good results with a fan, I saw some "I like these fans" but not where someone actually did it. I guess I'll get just something with similar CFM and low DBs.

At the top of thread, find in topic, CPU fan search term.

#7770 4 years ago

The RR I just got had 5 or so bad GI boards (two were flickering in different colors, three were pink when they should be white). I get it that the 2.0 system is much better than the 5v but bulletproof it is not.

Did you try reinstalling the latest update? Wasn’t that a routed pin?

#7779 4 years ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

Ok with the lights off, my WOZ RR is really dark. Kind of reminds me of my alien. What is the best lighting solution for the play field. Im not 100% interested in pin stadium lights.

A few options here

https://lermods.com/t/wizard-of-oz-pinball-mods

2 weeks later
#7853 4 years ago

Doubt you want something used but I have one for sale.

But that doesn’t have 2.0 either, right?

2 weeks later
#7972 4 years ago

They work great without issue. Until they don’t. :p

#8000 4 years ago
Quoted from Calfdemon:

Here is a link to Indy's old add. He still makes them, all you need to do is PM him. But scroll down and you can see pics of what his look like...
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-product-lit-drop-target-for-woz

This is the best one. Solid as heck and will never break. Had it on mine and loved it.

#8042 4 years ago

This is correct.
It's a special automated edition.
Basically a standard with green armor.

It's closer to an RR than a standard. Standards don't have invisiglass, shaker, powdercoated rails/legs/lockdown like the special automated emerald green has.

#8044 4 years ago
Quoted from Rolls-Royce:

The green and the ECLE are the same type of green?.... any comparison pics fellas?

Yes it's identical.

1 week later
#8228 4 years ago

When I had my WOZ I updated to 7.01 the day it came out and never had any bugs.

#8331 4 years ago
Quoted from Rager170:

I appreciate it but lets get real. Anyone spending this kind of money on a game should not have these issues. Its not just one, its been multiple and when one gets fixes, its followed by even more issues. Unacceptable.

This is pinball. Things happen like this. Every single NIB pin I've had has had to have some thing fixed, tweaked, or in some cases even replace parts out of the box etc. And pins will break, and you will have to work on them or fix them.

Now in the rare case there is a ton of problems out of the box, then maybe a swap or something is warranted. Just keep at it.

#8332 4 years ago
Quoted from Rager170:

Well, I spoke with Michael at Automated and he was quick to understand my problems and offer a swap with a new machine.
Very happy with them and how they have been regarding my issue and past games.
Its nice when you find a company with great customer service like that.
And another big thanks to everyone on here. I know I sounded like a whiny b*tch at times, but you all tried to help as much as possible and it is GREATLY appreciated!! This forum is awesome!!

Glad you got a positive outcome! Looks like it was quite a few issues you had as I read the rest of the thread!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 225.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 16.95
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 130.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

11,300 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Spokane Valley, WA
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 85.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 91.00
Lighting - Interactive
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 55.00
Lighting - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 5.00
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 29.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Machine - For Sale
St. Clair Shores, MI
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 395.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

14,356 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Roswell, GA
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Stephenson, VA
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider f3honda4me.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/woz-fan-club-members-only?tu=f3honda4me and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.