767a905f-f768-44f4-b3e3-b2998967ff3c_text.gif
Photo Mar 30 2024, 5 42 30 PM (resized).jpg
20240316_125739 (resized).jpg
20240314_221748 (resized).jpg
20240314_215727 (resized).jpg
841FD4A1-7C8E-4E32-973D-DD8D05C4902E (resized).png
3D72BC84-0D17-44A1-B683-A17D4B722FF3 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

12 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #1 Key posted, but no summary given Posted by TigerLaw (10 years ago)

Post #2584 Fan Replacement details Posted by bhwolf (7 years ago)

Post #7017 How to tell if your WOZ has 2.0 boards Posted by f3honda4me (5 years ago)

Post #7022 Balls not making it to shooter lane from trough - Fix Posted by LTG (5 years ago)

Post #7126 Location of the latest software update/version Posted by mavantix (5 years ago)

Post #7128 Update 7.01 notes - released April 16, 2019 Posted by thewool (5 years ago)

Post #7752 Fan Replacement how to and links Posted by f3honda4me (4 years ago)

Post #11015 Adjustment advice for the monkey Posted by LTG (3 years ago)

Post #12537 7.03 Code Release Posted by bobukcat (2 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider eskaybee.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1042 8 years ago

Considering a WOZ!

Would like some owners to chime and help out.

1. first, what are the current prices at or what should I expect to pay for standard, ECLE, and RR75. Nib and/or huo.

2. what's missing from the standard compared to the LE?

3. to get through a good majority of the game features, are we looking at marathon 45 min+ LOTR game times? What's the overall consensus on ball times; short, medium, long? I understand setup plays a factor, so I'm just looking for an overall guesstimate. From my limited play it seems it's a fairly medium to long ball time game. Keefer is my favorite programmer so I imagine it has to be long ball times to get through a majority of his code.

4. speaking of code; does it have many road blocks or pigeon holing for getting to end game wizard mode(s)? For example, LOTR - you can have everything lit for valinor but if you don't destroy that ring then you find yourself having to play all 3 multi balls yet again.

5. Anything else I should know if looking to buy? Build date? Etc...

Thanks!

6 months later
#1877 7 years ago
Quoted from dmacy:

Yes the lighting kit is a must if you like to play in the dark. It's makes a big difference.
To answer to buy newer, they all can have issues but I'd think most of the older ones have been fixed if there was issues. I had a few things as did some friends on our RR's, but in my case, it's been rock solid. I wanted a new one so went that route. I wouldn't be afraid of a used one if condition shows it's been cared for and everything is working.

Is the lighting kit still needed on ruby red editions? Thought jjp fixed that, no?

#1883 7 years ago
Quoted from Chosen_S:

and again!... good call merccat
I think it's pretty close to finished... any other suggestions?
I can still change the size for a more "picture frame" friendly print

That's the one! Much better font.

#1921 7 years ago

Hey guys, considering a woz but not sure which version. Price tags on all 3 are pretty hefty nib; with standards seeming to be the most reasonable vs used wozle's. Insight is appreciated and i havent seen a standard in person, but Are there many (any?) Differences between the standard and newer run ECLE's besides green armor, topper, and limited edition plaque?

#1932 7 years ago

Question for you WOZ folks. Looks like I'll be joinin the club soon. I'm going to be looking at a HUO standard from a fellow pinsider that is exactly 1 year old. I figure the build date is good (later run) and the Owner says it's in great huo condition with one light board replaced in the 1 year he's had it; but no issues since. Question - if I buy a used WOZ; how good is jjp support for getting me replacement boards, displays, etc... When I'm not the original owner? Is this something I should not be worried about (like any other pinball?) and just go for it? Thanks in advance.

#1964 7 years ago
Quoted from TaylorVA:

You will want plastic protectors or at least fender washers for your slingshot plastics.
JJP recommends a detailing polish called Wizard's Mist-n-shine that is great for wiping down the playfield and will make the ball fly.

Wizards mist-n-shine eh? Never heard of the stuff. Is this legit for the playfield? Do you use it as a regular day cleaner or just once in a blue moon?

#1967 7 years ago
Quoted from DCFAN:

Wizards Mist and Shine:
amazon.com link »
You can use it often. It reduces static on the playfield and shines it up a little. For a more thorough but light cleaning I use Novus 1.

(Novus 1) That's what I typically use once a week on my pins for a quick cleaning. Btw, I'm picking up a WOZ standard tomorrow! So if all goes well, I'll be in the club this weekend.

I'm not much of a mod guy, but are there Any must have mods? I have Indys light up winky drop target on the way as well as lollipop decals for the rainbow targets. I was thinking about getting the castle walls + witch but looks like a pain to install so may wait a few weeks to make sure I'm gonna keep the game for awhile LOL.

#1986 7 years ago
Quoted from goren1818:

Hey Guys! The video of the WOZ stream Stashkid13 did with me is up on youtube! Check it out: » YouTube video

I watched that stream. You guys did a great job! Thanks for sharing. What was the pitch of your machine?

#1992 7 years ago

Congrats. I just joined today too! Just got back a few hours ago. Only bummer is it didn't have invisiglass and was supposed to. Even the owner didn't know it wasn't invisiglass. I'm very spoiled with invisiglass LOL. Anyway. Just updated it to 6.06! Time to flip out on it

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg

#1999 7 years ago
Quoted from agodfrey:

I'm about to order some wizard mist and spit shine what's the stuff I need for cleaning invisaglass?

Jjp told me to use a 50/50 mix of isopropyl alcohol 90% I think and distilled water

#2000 7 years ago

So powered up pin this morning. Lights were all out. Rebooted and lights are flickering like crazy. Rebooted about 5 times and same thing. Worked a bunch of times last night even with on/off cycles. I'm gonna go check connectors now. Any other things I should look for?

#2001 7 years ago

Looks like the first lighting board from J101 works. All the others are flickering crazy colors. Ideas?

#2003 7 years ago
Quoted from Nokoro:

Unplug and then plug back in all the connectors to that board. One could be loose causing all the rest downstream to go crazy.

Thanks. I'm trying to find that board now. Is it one of the ones in the cabinet behind the computer?

#2004 7 years ago

Oh nvm I see J101 is part of that board. I was going to reseat the I/O board. Lemme try just that board

#2005 7 years ago

That was it. Thanks nokoro.

Ah the fun of owning a jjp game. At least it was a relatively simple fix

#2012 7 years ago

This game is handing my ass today!! I'm running on complete factory settings minus some coil power adjustments. BUT....I finally hit a good game. Got to the melt the witch sequence, with bitchin lighting and red targets all around; what a bad ass mode! Eventually, there were no more red shots and I finally noticed the castle shot was lit. I made that and the game went nuts and I hit the replay but drained the other ball. correct me if I'm wrong, but is the next shot the ramp and then melt the witch?

Same game, I had a ton of modes running and think I completed emerald mb cause the music playing was the merry ol land of oz and I felt like I accomplished something. But I had lights on, munchkin mode, and emerald so had no idea what was going on.

#2014 7 years ago
Quoted from Allibaster:

New owner of a WOZLE here.
After putting some time on it, I'm thinking I need to cut down the coil power at the pops and State Fair bumper. I'm also considering slightly increasing the lower flipper power.
What coil adjustments do you guys make?

I increased my lower flippers by 1 or 2. I increased the house mini flipper by 1. I increased throne room by 1. I decreased crystal ball by 2. Think that's it so far. Haven't touched the state balloon or haunted forest but they do POP strong - I love it.

#2021 7 years ago
Quoted from TaylorVA:

WOZ Selfie challenge! Set your game to factory and see how you do.
Post a selfie with your score.
Winner will get a WOZ flyer, JJP decal, JJP shirt(need to check on size but probably XL)
GO!

Sounds cool. I'll play mine tonight after the kid goes to bed. Is it just play one game and post a selfie with the score?

#2027 7 years ago

I picked up a used WOZ over the weekend. Right outlane is in middle position? Is that factory?

#2030 7 years ago
Quoted from Nokoro:

Cool idea for a contest. Of course, I believe factory settings means no ball save, is that right?

That is correct and no ball save is brutal! Love it lol

#2042 7 years ago

Heck, that's double my highest score

#2047 7 years ago
Quoted from TaylorVA:

Contest will cut off Sunday at midnight EST

Taylor; is this a one and done selfie game? Or is it a selfie of our best game from now til the cutoff Sunday?

#2054 7 years ago
Quoted from Allibaster:

So, I just tried to plug in some headphone to the coin door to try it out, and I couldn't get any audio out of the head set. I did hear clicks when pressing the increase and decrease audio buttons.
What do I need to do to enable this feature?

I'd like to know too. I tried mine and the volume is VERY quiet. I couldn't find a setting for headphones volume but didn't look too hard either.

#2055 7 years ago
Quoted from pinballinreno:

There is a switch in the little circuit board on the coin door near the top upper left.
You can barely see it from the edge, use a flashlight.

Oh sweet. Gonna take a look now. Thanks

#2058 7 years ago

That switch just lets me enable/disable the muting of the external speakers. But headphone volume is still very low with the volume maxed on the circuit board.

#2059 7 years ago

Well my 3 YO seems to enjoy it lol. Maybe I'm just hard of hearing now

image (resized).jpegimage (resized).jpeg

#2061 7 years ago
Quoted from pinballinreno:

make sure the headphone is plugged in very firmly. especially the last 1/16"

That's what she said

#2073 7 years ago

just played a quick game and my very first ball i went for the witch skillshot and missed. Next thing i know rainbow is lit and the house/twister is ready. Is there a skillshot to complete Rainbow with one shot?

#2075 7 years ago
Quoted from TaylorVA:

Have at it. Best score between now and Sunday.

Glad to hear it! i got my highest score to date the other night of 650k. I didnt snap a selfie, but im determined to hit 1 MIL by sunday!

#2083 7 years ago
Quoted from Nokoro:

Maybe, but I think we better get to the bottom of this before he enters the contest. We don't want phantom points due to vibration skewing the results.

Lol!!! I know it's not a switch problem as I've played close to 50 games in the past 5 days and have never got rainbow in the first 10 secs of play. I probably just wasn't paying attention and spelled rainbow very quickly which I never do. It just surprised me that I made a ramp shot and was in twister mode.

#2087 7 years ago
Quoted from merccat:

Nice!!
Next week I'm thinking about taking my WOZ over to a small office party (where I work) and ya know... I kinda wish I had pindemption for it so that I could keep it flowing and be able to play without throwing a game to keep people interested.
Its too bad a dongle is required and isn't something that could be activated online. If remotely activated it could even have options for to purchase a temporary or even demo license like Pandora Radio's day pass. A big part holding me back is having never seen or played it.
Anyways... Another question... Not that I'm concerned because its my toy and I will share it with others as I want... Just kind of a philosophical / just how touchy are people thing: When someone takes their game out of their home to be played by others non-commercially for a few hours... Or heck even at a weekend show... Is it still considered "HUO"?

Actual pinball shows is a touchy subject on pinside for considering it HUO. But an office party? I don't think the pinside police will nab you it.

#2088 7 years ago

Oh and I just pulled off my best score since getting WOZ.

I'm still determined to break 1 mil by Sunday!

#2092 7 years ago
Quoted from iepinball:

Get the HOADC shot down, stack all the multiballs with Munchin Frenzy and you'll blow past 1mil in no time.

I thought I'd be better at that shot cause of STLE, but it's a tough one. I take it you want to cash in HOADC when you have a crystal ball mode going and/or a ball on a mini pf?

Also, I notice I can only get 4 horses, I thought I read somewhere that you could get up to 7?

#2094 7 years ago
Quoted from iepinball:

Yes, it's a tough shot. Easy to backhand with a two ball cradle on the right, otherwise lots of practice. Cash in HOADC anytime you've played a valuable munchkin mode. I always like to take the shot when I have a successful collect ready.
You can get up to 7 horses but you have to work for it. At first you can only have 4 horses. Collect that successfully (all different colors or all the same) and you advance a level to 5 horses, and so on. If you fail you go down a level. Successes add to the munchkin multiplier for that ball:
4 horses = +.5x / 5 horses = +1x (lights extra ball too) / 6 horses = +1.5x / 7 horses = +2x
When you get the multiplier up you can get insane bonuses:

Holy crap that does not count in the selfie challenge!

Thanks for the tips. Gonna give it a go.

#2096 7 years ago
Quoted from Nokoro:

Holy crap!

I thought the same thing, but it is ten times harder than the ST shot. I too go for it if I have two balls cradled on the right flipper. I've been getting better at making the shot from the left flipper, but you have to be perfect. As noted, it can be really really lucrative. My best bonus has been 400,000+ points. I love how the award for munchkin and haunted modes are only awarded at bonus time so you have to be really careful not to tilt. Otherwise, you get a nice message of exactly how many points you just lost.

Yea I've tilted quite a few times lol. I love the per game tilt rules! This game is much more brutal than I imagined. When I played on location it was 5 ball, light tilt, with a ball saver lol. Keefer nailed the factory settings on this.

#2099 7 years ago

So is there anywhere that displays your HOADC munchkin multiplier? I collected HOADC and played munchkin mode; I thought I had 4 different horses but didn't see any .5X multiplier in my bonus or on the game.

Also, I believe I completed ECMB. I had all the gifts and music was playing like I did something good. My question is where on the status report does it show the jewels for SOTR collected?

Thanks!

#2107 7 years ago
Quoted from Pimp77:

I believe the jewels are always displayed in the center of the screen in a circle. They're only lit when collected. You can usually tell if you collected a successful HOADC if there is another horse in your stable (bottom left of screen). It only increases the number of horses if you successfully collected all the same color or all different.

I thought the 4 jewels in the center represent progression towards BTWW? Isn't there 8 jewels to collect for SOTR?

As for HOADC, it typically shows horses in bottom left corner, but are you saying it shows yet another different horse if you've successfully collected a set?

#2112 7 years ago

Thanks guys; i see the status page for SOTR now.

Now if only i can get HOADC collected with a big munchkin mode so i can boost past 500k

#2116 7 years ago

Ok I'll look for them. Think the only thing I've done for a jewel is complete ECMB. Is there a status page somewhere that displays your HOADC munchkin multiplier? I haven't seen that. And/or does it show the multiplier during bonus. Sorry for all the questions, these are things I look for when I 'think' I've opened up a certain progression line. Thanks.

#2120 7 years ago
Quoted from Pimp77:

I believe it shows the multiplier when you hit the HOADC collect shot in the upper right corner. It also shows when adding your bonus up, though I always thought the format was weird. It will show your munchkin mode bonus total and then under it show the same score with the multiplier next to it. Keith explained why once, but I forget the reason now.

Sweet, thanks pimp! I'll look for this next time im playing.

I just checked my audit logs. Tomorrow will mark 1 week of owning this pin. 175 plays on factory. I better slow down

#2124 7 years ago

so what are respectable scores on factory settings? I average around 200M, and periodically creeping to 500M.

#2128 7 years ago
Quoted from bobukcat:

I guess that's my point, I certainly don't know which of the emeralds are where on that compass, I will usually remember which of them I have not collected though.
As for completing Rescue Multiball (have never done it because it's insane!) you have to hit the crystal ball, left orbit, Winkie Drop target / castle VUK, Ramp, right orbit and Throne room three times each (jackpot, double jackpot, triple jackpot) - each of these will turn the respective RESCUE letters flashing Red on the mini-PF. Then you have to hit all the RESCUE targets to light them solid and hit the Search loop to the castle doors saucer combo. You do not want to open the doors and put a ball in that saucer before completing all this as that scores a super jackpot and resets your progress towards the Mega Jackpot! This video explains it well while making it look easy: https://www.twitch.tv/iepinball/v/22079314

Holey Krikey wtf did you just say!?
I was playing rescue mb last night and noticed the door and some targets beat red. I was trying franticly to get the ball in there, but what you're saying is that if I did I would have got the super jp instead of the mega?

So WOZ SOTR appears to be taking Valinors place as hardest wizard mode to achieve ever! F U keefer!!!

#2137 7 years ago
Quoted from Nokoro:

That was a problem for a while, but that seemed to go away by raising the right side of the munchkin playfield. Of course, that created another problem of having the ball fall through the hole and skip to the left of the upper flipper at times. Someone on here posted about how they cut out a portion of the cliffy to prevent this, but I don't have the stomach to take off that playfield again any time soon.

I think this is part of the problem because if I rotate the plunger on its axis, some orientations work better than others. The rubber tip is a bit lopsided. At times, when I have taken the rubber tip off and put it back on, it seems to work better for a while before becoming a problem again. I'm looking for a more permanent solution. Is there another way to adjust the angle of the plunger?
I wanted to try my felt tape idea, but some sticky felt thief apparently broke into my house and absconded with my tape because it is no where to be found.

My plunger rejects once in awhile. I haven't looked into it cause it doesn't happen too often. But I don't have the munchkin cliffy so that's not the issue. From what I can tell, it looks like the switch sometimes comes up to high and causes a weird deflection cause the very next plunge and many after are perfect. But like I said, haven't dug into it that much yet.

#2171 7 years ago

Getting better. Got haunted mb and flipper frenzy this game but didn't do squat with it lol

#2172 7 years ago
Quoted from TZBen:

Not on factory settings but still a good game.

Come on Ben, put that thing on factory and suffer with the rest of us

#2175 7 years ago
Quoted from clg:

Nice! It is all about stacking for high scores. Did you melt the witch yet?

No! I've got BTWW about a handful of times and had the castle shot lit a few times and even made the castle but drained before I could get a shot on the her.

Quoted from merccat:

Spent two hours fixing things tonight (upper slingshot rubber broke and adjusting witch target and playing with the shooter, i think playfield just not always centered).... anywhoo finally logged another factory game... this ones pretty darn good for me... I might just keep factory for a while after this.

Me too. Game is a blast.

#2193 7 years ago
Quoted from Nokoro:

Well, I think this will count as my official entry. Not a winning one, I know. I just couldn't get anything to stack well this weekend.

I really enjoyed playing on factory default for a while. Thanks TaylorVA for doing the contest. It is good to dial back the settings you have gotten accustomed to once and a while. Here are a few things I learned:
1. I like ball savers.
2. I used to reward myself with an extra ball at 100,000 points. I think I'm going to leave that off for a while. I found that when I used to play, I never really paid attention to advancing Yellow Brick Road. I sort of let it happen naturally, knowing that if I just played long enough, I would eventually get that extra ball from points and then again from the YBR. However, when I played on factory this weekend, I found myself actively trying to advance down the YBR so that I could get that extra ball. It was that much more important. It added a new goal for me, so I think I'll keep it that way for a while.
3. When I first got the game, I found TNPLH to be nearly impossible, so I made it a bit easier by increasing the time and making every shot to a rainbow target register a hit. Now that I've gotten more used to the pin, I've been doing better at that mode. I like the factory settings where you actually have to aim for the individual rainbow targets, and I like the shortened time to get stuff done. It adds much more of a sense of urgency.
4. I think I will still go back to giving myself an extra ball when I get SPECIAL. It is lit so rarely, and the animation when you get it is so cool, that I feel like I deserve something good.
Anyway, lots of fun this weekend. Thanks again.

Nice Nok! I'll probably add a ball saver after this weekend. I like the idea of adding an EB for special.

Other than that, I'm fully addicted to this pin! I played GOT last night for the first time since getting WOZ and it felt 'weird'. Almost felt like I was going to break the game with one flip; it's like plywood compare to WOZ lol. Still love it though

#2195 7 years ago
Quoted from merccat:

I think my new settings after this weekend will be:
- 7 second ball saver (just enough to catch those balls you don't even have a chance to touch)
- 3 Ball
- Extra Ball for special
- Otherwise factory.
I find that having a hot ball makes or breaks games for me so 4 or 5 ball and lots of extra ball rewards doesn't help me
Much. The one time I scored 2 mil was mostly from a single ball.... dang, why couldn't I pull that off this weekend

Weekends not over yet! And I just tapped beer #2 open. Let's do this!

#2202 7 years ago
Quoted from Tuna_Delight:

Your enthusiastic perspective on WOZ says a lot SKB since you've owned (and appreciated) a long string of Sterns.
I'd like to add a WOZ to my currently Stern-rich collection.

It really is an addictingly fun game. But I am still in the honeymoon phase so take that for what it is.

#2207 7 years ago

Just had a fantastic game. 650M, not enough to break my previous score but I did get a new YBR champ with 32. Not bad for factory.

#2208 7 years ago

So no shit guys, I just did this!! Haunted MB, rescue, no hold flippers, munchkin, and ECMB all stacked!!!

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg

EDIT: replaying the game in my head, I did all this on ball 3. I was around 750M, so already stoked I was on pace to beat my previous GC. I was able to pull out a 2 ball rescue mb. Then got haunted, and to my surprise it was haunted mb. I was able to cradle two balls on my right flipper and start munchkin with the left. Then started no hold flippers (holy shit that mode is "Chaos!"). I believe ECMB started sometime during all the madness too. My wife, who way laying in bed came into the game room and says 'are you alright?' I was literally screaming 'yeahs!' 'Fucks!' And 'oh gods!' - never has a pin done that to me. This might just be the best pin I've ever played/owned. I hope it's not just the honeymoon speaking. But on factory settings, with the pitch steep (think I'm 6.9 or 7), this pin reminds me of IM meets FGY meets TWD. Love it! My adrenalin is still pumping.

#2215 7 years ago
Quoted from clg:

Awesome! It is so sweet when all of the stacks come together like that. And then you can have those games where you are almost there and everything is ready to go and you crash and burn before the stacks start and want to break it. It is a serious rush when it comes together. I have yelled more playing that game than any other. I was screaming at the witch 'die bitch die' when I finally got here lol!

Quoted from merccat:

LMAO! Same experience here only I have yet to get that satisfaction from melting her. No other game has had me jumping, yelling, lauging and cursing so much. Its a game that doesn't just give itself up to anyone but once you earn it, it changes personalities and just goes to insanity mode.

This is exactly what WOZ does to me!

Quoted from TimeBandit:

Man, nuthin' gets a thread's energy up like having SK around. I remember duelling tactics back when ST came out, and you left me in the dust, buddy. No way I can keep up, haha. I've had WoZ for a year or more, and you're covering the same ground in a week. Go SKB go!

Haha right on man! I try to stay away from pinside drama threads; but get me in a thread that talks about gameplay, code, rules, tactics, etc... and im all over it! We had a good run in the ST threads - i still kind of miss that thread. As for Woz; I still havent melted the witch, but my goal was to break 1 million by the end of this weekend and i finally pulled it out in the last minute of the last hour with authority - it only took 200+ plays lol!

I gave the game a pinside rating last night afterwards. I may still be in the honeymoon phase, so ill adjust my rating if need be, but i also have 200 plays on it which is 199 more than most the haters who've rated it. And to counter the other negative nellies who have an agenda when rating games, i have the woz standard so im not on any agenda to boost LE pinflation. The game is simply awesome. 9.64 overall rating from me at this point. I dinged it on lighting (4/6) - even though i plan to put the star posts lighting mod & winkie light up drop target in so i may change it, variation of sounds + call outs (5/6), and animations (5/6), everything else 6/6. But, i dont want to jinx nothing - i know i might be in the honeymoon phase, but really digging what this game has to offer as a whole

#2217 7 years ago
Quoted from merccat:

Winki light up is probably the biggest help lighting wise (have not yet tried the star post ligts but am tempted).
I got the kit from Metzel and still use his light but unfortunately the targets just don't hold up. I have one now from Indypinhead that is CNC carved instead of 3d printed which seems far more durable. I'd recommend his target.

thats the target i have. I just need to stop playing and install it.

I'll let you know how easy the star post mod is too install, i think i have the right parts on order.

I'll probably install all the mods next weekend.

#2228 7 years ago
Quoted from TaylorVA:

So Eskaybee was the winner of the WOZ challenge from what I can tell. Anyone do better than his 2+million score?

Sweet! Do I get a 'this flippin podcast' futbol scarf

#2230 7 years ago
Quoted from Nokoro:

Beginner's luck.

It really was if you think about it. Hovering around the 500M scores with one goal in mind of breaking a mil...and then pull 2 mil out of my arse!

#2232 7 years ago
Quoted from Nokoro:

Do you recall what your bonus was that game? What's really awesome about WOZ is that you can have a normal score and then quadruple it or more with a good stacked munchkin or haunted mode. Just don't tilt!

Honestly don't remember.

#2240 7 years ago

Is it me or when the bonus is displayed for munchkin + HOADC it's wrong - it shows the same exact score. For example it shows:
Munchkin 60,000
HOADC +1.5x 60,000

Shouldn't it display like 30,000 extra points? Am I not reading it correctly?

#2241 7 years ago
Quoted from shicketmaster:

I'm in. ECLE #101. Installed forest glow eyes, castle walls, lighted twister, emerald city, toto in basket, balloon fire mod, target decals, witches well, flame pots, wizard border, lighted drop target. Cliffys on the way. Mirror blades in my possession.
Everyone loving it so far...

Wow nice. How was the castle walls install?

#2242 7 years ago

Hell yeah!

#2246 7 years ago
Quoted from merccat:

Dang! You're a mad man! Next thing we'll hear you made it to SWOTR.

Hah! Well I'm still on factory and plan to keep it that way; Unless guests come over. The game is just way too dam fun to change any settings right now.

#2258 7 years ago
Quoted from rai:

I'm a Jonny come lately. Played WoZ on location a few times but never clicked with it, just didn't impress me with the gameplay, but I played it the other week at a friends house and found it was better than I had remembered.
However I'm at a first grade level, meaning I don't know much about the rules. But for example years I didn't like Tspp until I bought it and now it's one of my top pins.
Is WoZ like Tspp in that way, I mean it's got several levels that you must keep track of at certain times. Also the rules, are they really good at this point? I had played WoZ years ago so maybe I wasn't getting the right impression the code might have been very basic.
I have the ability to get a RR for $8400 that's just 200 plays mint. Is that a real good deal, I want to jump on it, but wanted to make sure it's a very good deal. I like the RR color and the tasteful figurines.
I'm hoping that I'll be able to get into this pin better once I own it. Just asking for advice or encouragement. How is WoZ compared to TH? I'm sure people have opinions, is WoZ better than TH, I played TH and really didn't understand a bit of what was going on, I think TH looks better but I hated the movies compared to WoZ which is a timeless classic.

I havent been too shy about my recent love for WOZ. But, i was in the same boat as you. I played WOZ a couple years ago on location and thought it was bleh. Played an RR in vegas (NYNY) about 8 mos ago and thought it was great! A much better experience. But, i still didnt know all the rules and it was finally at a much better code state than when i initially played it. Now on v6.06. That said, i did my homework on the rules via threads like this, streams (stashkid/taylor/buffalo) and other videos. I knew i was going to like the pin, but i had no idea I was going to like it this much! Its awesome!

Rules: here's a quick 'basic' summary of rules going counterclockwise around the table.
Crystall Ball modes: spell B-A-L-L then hit spinner shot to start a 2-ball multiball that will effect the playfield in some fashion.

Haunted Modes: Spell haunted via pops then get the ball into the haunted lane by the pops to start a haunted mode. Note: once haunted is spelled you can kill the power to the pops by holding both flipper buttons - this can help nudge the ball into the haunted lane. Cool and fun feature!

Rescue mb: 2-part mode- Part 1; hit two targets in the pops to light capture dorothy then make an orbit shot for the monkey to capture her. Part 2; get ball on mini playfield and spell R-E-S-C-U-E, 3 ways of doing this - 1. hit targets and collect their respectful letter, 2. hit the 'search' loop shot - each shot adds the next letter in sequence. 3. bash the door to open it then put the ball in the hole and you'll be awarded the 2 next letters. Once you spell rescue (and have captured dorothy) you have 2 options, bash the door down and start rescue mb, or hit the search loop which will add a ball lock to the multiball in which you'll have to spell RESCUE again to start (or lock another ball) to start the multiball.

Wicked Witch: Hit the witch to start hurry up modes against the witch. Collect hurry ups by hitting her. Do enough witch hurry ups to play the fireball mode (real fun mode).

ECMB: Spell lion, scarecrow, tinman via the (3) rollover targets on the playfield. Each character represents a ball lock. Lock 3 for multiball.

Munchkin modes: spell R-A-I-N-B-O-W then loop the ball around the twister/house a bunch of times to start munchkin mode.

All these modes are unique and stackable! If you play all the modes mentioned above you'll get a chance to battle the wicked witch (BTWW) and melt the bitch!

Thats the 'basic' jist of the rules, obviously there's a lot more to it that i did not mention. but thats a good start. The rules really do hit on all levels. Each of the modes are unique and fun; the stacking potentials; and the storyline - the lighting, the music...oh man the music! - Such cool transitions of good and evil going on in the music. It really pits the player into another world like Keefer is so good at doing with his other greats (LOTR, FGY, TSPP, etc...). And the theme doesnt feel like the movie WOZ when you're playing it - it feels more like OZ the great and powerful with how well the theme is integrated between good and evil and bringing the story line to life. EDIT: when I'm playing WOZ, I don't feel like I'm in the movie - it doesn't feel like the movie one bit when I play. But rather, I'm captivated by characters, call outs, music, sounds - it brings me into a land of oz pinball experience.

I was back & forth on TH vs WOZ and really loved the TH presentation, package, and theme. But ultimately, WOZ is the better polished package and it sat with my play style better than TH. But now that i have WOZ, my GOT is not nearly as fun as it used to be and makes me want a hobbit even more lol (Dam this hobby)!

Price seems fair on the RR. Hard to say where the market will go with WOZ's; but honestly, to me (and i dont know if its the honeymoon or not), but WOZ is a hit IMO!.

#2260 7 years ago
Quoted from rai:

Thanks a million!
You're so nice to explain all that.
Sounds like a set of rules, how are the sound effects, call out, instructions etc?
I really like for example Tspp when you get verbal instructions like shoot the clown, hit him again etc.., makes it much more immersive and fun.

excellent. Some call outs are blatant and obvious, like shoot the crystal ball. Some are subtle and only noticeable as you learn the rules and immerse yourself in gameplay like the OZ call outs in ECMB and rescue. They really are wonderfully done.

What's even better, that i don't see too often mentioned about this pin, is the drama build up of modes and multiballs. Music transitions and subtle sound effects build as you progress deeper and deeper - it's really a fascinating experience and what's been missing for so long in a lot of sterns.

#2271 7 years ago
Quoted from arcadenerd925:

If you play your pins in the dark, you may want to add a spot or two, no biggie. but if you play your pins in low light, IMHO it is fine as is. I have a dilemma LED ceiling light over my Woz and TSPP and it is perfect on its lowest setting.

I play in the dark (sometimes low ambient lighting from the next room. And for the most part have no issues with invisiglass. Mine had standard glass when I first got it and it was tough to track the ball. Not so much now with invisiglass. That said, I'll probably still try the lit star posts on the slingshots as Taylor suggested a couple pages back. I'll report back if/when I do this and share notes/differences/etc...

#2304 7 years ago
Quoted from GorfFan:

I've seen a couple comments about this expensive LED light kit. Can I get some more comments on those of you that have seen it installed?
http://pinballbulbs.com/products/wizard-oz-pinball-illumination-kit-woz
$130 is a lot for this but it does seem to add some more "pop" to the play field. I would like to be able to see more detail in the play field.

I like Taylor's idea earlier in this thread about replacing the sling shot posts with star posts and lighting them up with coin takers post LEDs. I'll probably go this route myself.

#2305 7 years ago

Upper pops slingshot rubber snapped off tonight. Anyone know how to get to this to replace?

#2308 7 years ago
Quoted from DCFAN:

From memory, I think I was able to replace that rubber by only removing some of the screw so that I could lift the back of the mini-playfield up a little in the back.
On different note, I just tilted away a 969,000 end of ball bonus.

Thanks guys. I'll tackle that beast in the morning.

Holy crap on that bonus! That's huge. I'm laughing in sadness for you - gotta love some of the rules involved in this game.

#2311 7 years ago
Quoted from DCFAN:

FYI, The steps for removing the Munchkin playfield are on pages E-4 and E-5.
Like I said above, you don't have to completely remove it to get to the rubber but the steps in the instructions should help you get it loose to replace the rubber.

Thanks. I was just reading that. Looks like I can probably get away with loosening the 3 main screws just up enough to get a rubber around it.

#2314 7 years ago

Any advice to get this plastic off? A nut driver turns the screw with it.

Any advice to get this plastic off? A nut driver turns the screw with it.

#2315 7 years ago

I was able to get some mini pliers under the plastic to get the first nut off. That second is partially under the ramp though so gonna be a bit tougher to access. I gotta bail in a few so might not get to it today.

#2316 7 years ago

Also, the game calls for a 2" rubber in that spot. Thinking about replacing with a 2 1/2" so it doesn't break as easy, any thoughts on that?

#2320 7 years ago
Quoted from DCFAN:

I would put a 2" Titan in there. 2.5 is probably too big.

Doubt I'll go Titan. I put Titans on my GOT pro slingers and they started tearing away almost instantly, granted they never did snap and held the duration. But still a little sketchy for this location rubber.

Quoted from DCFAN:

Can you get a box head wrench on the one that is under the ramp edge?

That's a good idea, lemme see if I got one that size. I probably won't report back though anytime soon as I gotta bail soon.

#2323 7 years ago
Quoted from merccat:

I replaced with a 2 1/2 whit because that was all I had on me at the moment. It was a little loose but is still functional.
While I had removed the mini pf, I did not find a need to remove or even loosen the ramp, I just squeezed the rubber through

How'd you get the plastic piece above the slinger off

#2330 7 years ago

Got home a bit ago so was able to tackle this. The hardest part was getting the nuts off the plastic piece which those posts hold the rubber in tack. I don't know how merrcat did it without removing those nuts as the posts is what holds the rubber in place.

EDIT: looking at it again, I guess you don't have to remov the plastic piece and stretch the rubber around it - that's what Merrcat was saying. So just loosen the 3 munchkin screws to get the rubber in and you should be golden...

Anyway, here's what you need for anyone doing it. Remove nuts to get plastic off using a 11/32 wrench; if you can get a ratcheting wrench that'll help a lot. The hard part is the post screw moves with the nut, I have no idea how I got it loose, but eventually the pinball gods just threw me a bone and it budged. You'll probably need a 5/16 to tighten the post back down. The munchkin playfield is easy; just remove screws 5&6 in the screenshot and loosen, but not remove, 8. That gives you enough clearance to get the rubber in.

I replaced the rubber with a 2 1/2 white; seems to work just fine.

Here's the tools you need and screenshot from the manual:

image (resized).pngimage (resized).png

#2336 7 years ago

I did manage to get my indyhead winkie light up drop target installed too. Way better target, highly recommend.

#2347 7 years ago
Quoted from Nokoro:

Slight update to my fix for inconsistent plunges. I was starting to have issues again, so I added a second strip of black felt tape to the wooden block on the left immediately above the collect insert. So, I have a strip of felt both above and below the collect insert. This seems to keep the ball centered on the metal ramp in the shooter lane. I'm back to nearly 100% consistency. I'll see if it holds up.

I have inconsistent plunges too. Both manually and automatic. I'll give this a shot. Care to share a pic?

#2351 7 years ago

Nice I'll give it a shot and let you know

#2366 7 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

hey guys - just joined the club (RR). Do you play 3 or 5 ball? My game is on 5 right now but is that standard? Thought it was always 3?

I play on 3. And 3 is standard

#2370 7 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

thanks guys - I'll drop down to 3 in a little bit. Loving the game so far. Code is 6.06 which I believe is the latest. Bought from owner and HUO. Game looks stunning. Really need to understand the rules first. Still look for mode start although not even sure there is one!!! haha.

There's 3 mode starts really. One for crystal ball via the left spinner shot by the BALL targets. Then there's haunted modes accessed by the lane to the left of the pop bumpers - when the haunted mode is ready the arrow will flash like a pink-purple color and you can hold both flippers to kill power to the bumpers which will help get the ball in that lane. The last set of modes is munchkin modes from looping the house upper pf - access it by spelling RAINBOW then hit like 5-7 loops. If the ball drops you get like 5 secs to get it back up there to continue.

There's also rescue mb on the upper left pf. You can access a 2, 3, 4, or 5 ball multiball. I just played a 5 ball rescue mb for the first time and it was intense!

#2441 7 years ago
Quoted from Phbooms:

Thats looks good. I like that you didnt put the spots on the slings to keep a cleaner look. I ended up taking the lower starposts out and adding a trough led strip. Going to add single spots similar to what you did shining on playfield under criss-cross rails. What spotlight LED's did you use?

So for noobs like myself; what volt LEDs should we be using to tie into WOZ and do you just tie into one of the GIs? Or other spot lights?

#2474 7 years ago
Quoted from GorfFan:

The castle right door is occasionally cracked slightly, and when it is it allows the ball to enter. When this happens the ball doesn't register until WoZ "finds" the missing ball about 30 seconds later. How do I adjust the door, or is it some other setting I need to adjust or a couple of different settings?

I had this issue with mine too; it would happen a few times a week. To correct, I put a small sliver of drop dead ball foam on the other door to help prevent the ball from getting through. The only way for the ball to get past the right door now if it loosens up is a hard hit which will put the ball in scoop, which in turn spits it back out.

IMG_1193 (resized).JPGIMG_1193 (resized).JPG

Additionally, if anyone has the ball drop off the monkey/castle lock, a piece of drop dead ball foam does wonders for it too! I have not had a single ball drop off since putting it there.

IMG_1195 (resized).JPGIMG_1195 (resized).JPG

2 weeks later
#2599 7 years ago
Quoted from Pinball-Pat:

Witch Melting Tips?
I just got my best score, first time over a million. But, I am sad because the witch got away, again. What are some strategies? Any tips?

Don't know any good strategies except hit the white targets. Although, I melted the bitch in back to back games the other day! I seem to go for the throne hole and crystal ball shots ASAP while ball saver is stull in play. Then, focus on the other shots. Once the drop is down, it's a pretty easy shot with either flipper. Then it's all about ball control and setting up the final shot.

2 weeks later
#2733 7 years ago
Quoted from agodfrey:

The red LED on "N" in rainbow on the munchkin PF isn't coming on. Plan on doing the normal wire jiggles but it seems like that is the only LED in the whole game acting up. And the green and blue work fine. Prob a wire issue or a LED issue? Seems like more LEDs would be acting up if it were a wire issue. But wondering if anyone has run accost this and where to start jiggling.

I'm having the same issue with the same letter. Doesn't display blue or white; all other colors work. Hasn't bothered me enough to start a case with JJP yet, but I've tried reseating connectors to no avail. If you find something please post. I'll probably call jjp tech support soon about it.

#2735 7 years ago

How much do the light boards typically cost to replace?

#2737 7 years ago
Quoted from DCFAN:

I don't know for sure but am guessing that one is around $20 to $50. Last I saw the largest light board was around $79 to $59.
They are going to want the old one back for repair/inventory.

Thanks I'll try to call them this week.

#2748 7 years ago
Quoted from agodfrey:

Just got an email from Vic. W10 is $70 if you send the old one back if the machine is out of warranty. eskaybee

Thanks for the follow up! I'll reach out to JJP later this week.

1 month later
#2938 7 years ago

Sadly, I'll be departing this club shortly. It was a short journey but must say WOZ is one of the best games I've had the luxury of owning. Such a great ruleset to accompany the layout with an overall amazing package. I'll always enjoy playing it on location or whenever I come across one. But In the end, the theme is not something that was clicking with me in my very small 2-pin lineup. Luckily it is going to a nearby friend so I'll get to continue melting the witch and striving to beat recue mb

There aren't many games that come close to stacking a 4-5 ball rescue mb, then starting EC mb; then starting a crystal ball mode; then starting a munchkin mode; and sometimes starting haunted mb. Good times!

Peace out.

1 month later
#3102 7 years ago

Hey guys, been awhile since i posted in this thread. Weird story with my WOZ. So a good friend bought it from me about a month ago. He sent me a check, but continued to cancel on me each time we setup a delivery + setup day. I told him im going to buy another game with the $ and he said no problem. Then an emergency popped up and he sends me a message asking if i'd just hold onto the WOZ for awhile (undisclosed amount of time), and he said he has no problems with me playing it in that time - he knows how nice i keep my machines. So no problem win win for me for the most part. Ive known him for 30+ years so we're close and cool with each other so im not too concerned with holding it. I havent played it and it has sat untouched for about a month, but he still wants me to hang onto it; so i said F* it, im powering this sucker up and playing. Holy hell, such a cool game! What a blast!

But, my reason for posting is to ask, does anyone know if you can change the music around like you can with Stern's? I have some ideas for some WOZ-like mixes to do with the music. I did some cool stuff for TWD, Mustang, GOT, + STLE; but want to try some things with WOZ.

#3122 7 years ago
Quoted from arcadenerd925:

If possible, give yourself some time before the big unveiling to set it up, put some games threw it just to make sure all is working as expected (not uncommon on a pinball machine for something to come loose on the bumpy ride home)

This is sound advice. Nothing worse than having a big party and a bunch of people over to unveil your near $10,000 toy, and it not work

1 year later
#5194 6 years ago
Quoted from kidchrisso:

So my letter "N" in rainbow has gone a little off color and flakey. Game is 14 months new, has less than 500 plays...weak! New light board is $239...seriously! Or I can send mine in for a replacement one for $139, probably a referb...complete crap. Anyone replaced one of the light cells before or know where to get one? I have felt that JJP takes good care of their customers but feel butt hurt on this one.

Yea this sucks man; and ultimately, it was one of the main reasons I sold my standard. Had the same exact letter go out on me, white and blue wouldn’t display. It really didn’t bother me much, but the fact that when a light goes out it would cost me $100+ was the deciding factor in selling. This was a little over a year ago so I knew nothing of these conversion kits. If I were you, I’d wait for the 2.0 kit to come out and fork over the extra and do the conversion. The game is awesome and I do miss mine at times so may be worth the upgrade. Or live with it until more light boards go out and then do the conversion.

2 months later
#5600 5 years ago
Quoted from monte_:

I just noticed below the spinning house this broken white o ring was sticking out blocking the balls where they come down from oz skill shoot. I looked in book and dont know where it goes? Any help would be appreciated.

Haven’t owned WOZ for a long while but I wrote this up on replacing that rubber. Hope it helps.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/woz-fan-club-members-only/page/47#post-3364781

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 16.95
$ 85.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

9,300 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Santa Maria, CA
$ 5.00
$ 29.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 91.00
$ 43.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Wanted
$ 130.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Machine - For Sale
Warner Robins, GA
$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Machine - For Sale
Mt Zion, IL
$ 199.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

Lighting - Led
Pinball Mod Co.

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 345.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider eskaybee.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/woz-fan-club-members-only?tu=eskaybee and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.