767a905f-f768-44f4-b3e3-b2998967ff3c_text.gif
Photo Mar 30 2024, 5 42 30 PM (resized).jpg
20240316_125739 (resized).jpg
20240314_221748 (resized).jpg
20240314_215727 (resized).jpg
841FD4A1-7C8E-4E32-973D-DD8D05C4902E (resized).png
3D72BC84-0D17-44A1-B683-A17D4B722FF3 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

12 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #1 Key posted, but no summary given Posted by TigerLaw (10 years ago)

Post #2584 Fan Replacement details Posted by bhwolf (7 years ago)

Post #7017 How to tell if your WOZ has 2.0 boards Posted by f3honda4me (5 years ago)

Post #7022 Balls not making it to shooter lane from trough - Fix Posted by LTG (5 years ago)

Post #7126 Location of the latest software update/version Posted by mavantix (5 years ago)

Post #7128 Update 7.01 notes - released April 16, 2019 Posted by thewool (5 years ago)

Post #7752 Fan Replacement how to and links Posted by f3honda4me (4 years ago)

Post #11015 Adjustment advice for the monkey Posted by LTG (3 years ago)

Post #12537 7.03 Code Release Posted by bobukcat (2 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider dmacy.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#980 8 years ago

Joined a month ago with a Ruby Red #497. Did a few mods that I thought needed to be done.

image_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpeg

#983 8 years ago

Yeah, weird to see a witch in the tube. Just looks odd. This was the Modfather's witches well. Much more natural and less glare. I'm not a fan of test tube witches!

1 week later
#1023 8 years ago

I recently installed Pinball Bulbs brightening kit. It really made a huge difference in playing with lights off. The only thing I wish that came factory. Well done PB!

#1026 8 years ago
Quoted from indypinhead:

Nice throne room mod...

Yes, I apologize for not mentioning it! Finishes off it perfectly!

1 month later
#1087 8 years ago

Fwiw, I had issues downloading the beta the other day. Think it took 4 hours. I let it go when I went to bed and it had downloaded with no issues. So hopefully the rest of you will have similar luck just slow.

1 month later
#1297 8 years ago
Quoted from DCFAN:

For the throne room, get the Cliffy protector.

Yes it should cover that no problem.

#1302 8 years ago
Quoted from indypinhead:

nice throne room shroud, (acrylic cover)

This is a great mod! And unrelated to yours, the flame pot mods: my friend said it looks like someone's give two hands worth of middle fingers lol! But both mods are great!

#1319 8 years ago

I will say this machine definitely is work to clean. Having other machines now and past though, it's not too bad. And chalk me up as another one who is glad they put the munchkin land protector on. 830 plays and it was getting beat up. It also looks more appealing to me with the edge covered.

#1332 8 years ago
Quoted from Nokoro:

Thanks. Yes, I've played several more games, and it seems to be solved.
I'm having another problem resulting from the installation of the cliffy munchkinland protector. Now, when I plunge, about 50% or more of the time, the ball won't make it around to the pops. I've watched it carefully, and believe it is catching the right most edge of the cliffy protector, where it hangs over into the shooter lane. This rattles the ball and slows it considerably. Has anyone else experienced this, and what did you do? I'm thinking of loosening the three screws that hold the munchkinland playfield down by a few turns to see if that will raise it enough so that it is out of the way.

Interesting. I did receive one flat head screw in my kit from Cliffy for this protector so I put it that area wondering about if that's why he included that or maybe was a mistake. Wondering is that going to be of help? Mine hasn't shown this issue FWIW. If still an issue you can get some spacers under the posts that hold that playfield up (place under the posts on main playfield) would be what I'd try. Hoping it's an easy solution for you!

#1333 8 years ago

Disregard my screw comment. I see that it's the corner of protector likely causing your issue. Spacing that upper playfield may help?

Pics for reference:

2 months later
#1561 7 years ago

I have 700 or so plays on machine with most using the lit Winkie I got in late November 2015/early December 2015. Mines held up great. Did they change the design?

#1593 7 years ago

The RR has the lollipop targets too which you can also add after the fact to non RR.

#1616 7 years ago

I have 800 give or take a dozen. I've had it since November 2015. I guess I need to play more!

4 weeks later
#1769 7 years ago

Right from the source:

http://www.passionforpinball.com/WOZ.htm

Quoted from KingBW:

What site(s) currently have the WOZ Cliffy Protectors? I just checked and my upper playfield is showing signs of hits shown in the previous pics. Might get some for the VUKs too.

4 weeks later
#1858 7 years ago
Quoted from pinballinreno:

Sometimes the static is from a loose cable on the crystal ball side or even a loose/dirty SD card in the ball.

I'll echo this. I had it maybe 3 times of either static or the upside text. Reseating card and reconnecting all connections has fixed it.

#1871 7 years ago

Honestly I think they both look great!

#1872 7 years ago
Quoted from mtp78:

Thinking about buying a woz. Played it last weekend for the first time and was hooked
Questions for owners. The play field was so dark in a dim light room.does the aftermarket light kit make a big difference? And second is the machine reliable. I know things break and light board issues have been addressed. Is it better to buy a recently built machine since the factory might have addressed other issues not talked about.

Yes the lighting kit is a must if you like to play in the dark. It's makes a big difference.

To answer to buy newer, they all can have issues but I'd think most of the older ones have been fixed if there was issues. I had a few things as did some friends on our RR's, but in my case, it's been rock solid. I wanted a new one so went that route. I wouldn't be afraid of a used one if condition shows it's been cared for and everything is working.

#1879 7 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Is the lighting kit still needed on ruby red editions? Thought jjp fixed that, no?

There's no additional lighting on any of the models. So you'd want to consider on any one you choose. Or find a used one someone put the kit on.

#1918 7 years ago

Pretty common. You'll want to go to settings and (I believe shorten/lessen the number) for it so it stays up less time. May take a few tries to get it perfect for all three balls up there.

3 weeks later
#2256 7 years ago

I was late to the WOZ party too only having bought my NIB machine in November. Code is fantastic. The price sounds fair. A friend got a RR from Automated NIB 2 months ago for 9k shipped with a new plastic set and the book. That's assuming that deal (And there are still NIB's out there now; not sure if there is) is still out there. And there were some issues with mine, and two other friends who all bought NIB RR's out of the box that have gotten fixed (in my case) quickly. But having one dialed in and all issues worked out sounds pretty good.

I still haven't played TH yet so wish I could offer help there. But WOZ is in a completed code state IMHO and anything else they may do with it is gravy.

1 week later
#2376 7 years ago

Friend and I picked these up at York. Has anyone installed them yet?

IMG_3226[1] (resized).JPGIMG_3226[1] (resized).JPG

#2386 7 years ago
Quoted from Tuna_Delight:

Haven't seen these actually in a game yet. Please post pics after you install!

Will do. Neither I or my friend have installed yet.

#2433 7 years ago
Quoted from dmacy:

Friend and I picked these up at York. Has anyone installed them yet?

Finally installed. Very easy. You'll obviously have to remove the hinge bolts and cut that hole out. Piece of cake and went in very easily. The different lighting effects being out different colors.

IMG_3245 (resized).JPGIMG_3245 (resized).JPG

IMG_3248 (resized).JPGIMG_3248 (resized).JPG

IMG_3246 (resized).JPGIMG_3246 (resized).JPG

IMG_3249 (resized).JPGIMG_3249 (resized).JPG

IMG_3251 (resized).JPGIMG_3251 (resized).JPG

IMG_3252 (resized).JPGIMG_3252 (resized).JPG

IMG_3254 (resized).JPGIMG_3254 (resized).JPG

IMG_3256 (resized).JPGIMG_3256 (resized).JPG

IMG_3259 (resized).JPGIMG_3259 (resized).JPG

IMG_3257 (resized).JPGIMG_3257 (resized).JPG

IMG_3260 (resized).JPGIMG_3260 (resized).JPG

#2435 7 years ago
Quoted from shicketmaster:

Who sells those pinblades?

Tilt does but they don't have the new ones up on their site yet.

#2447 7 years ago

I remember having to use a deep well socket or used a wrench as the shape made it difficult to get a nut driver on.

1 month later
#2808 7 years ago
Quoted from GotAQuestion:

My WoZRR JUST showed up and I noticed it has two things missing on the underside of the cabinet. I assume it doesn't matter but this is my first machine and I'm babying it already...
Pic related.
Also are they not doing felt protectors behind the legs on the LEs anymore? My game didn't come with them. There seems to be a metal protector built in now.

That kinda sucks but you can put in some t nuts in those holes so it looks like they belong.

I believe they have always had the metal not felt. At least my RR did.

#2810 7 years ago
Quoted from GotAQuestion:

Also noticing my game didn't come with the numbered apron label... unless that's not a thing anymore either. Bummer but probably an easy fix.

Really? Is it just missing or a different label applied now that doesn't have the spot for it? Here's mine from last year built I believe in August 2015.

IMG_3486 (resized).JPGIMG_3486 (resized).JPG

#2846 7 years ago
Quoted from mtp78:

Thanks. They look really cool. Anyone have them on their game? Like to see any pics out there. Yellow brick road ones

I put them on mine. Search a few pages back.

2 months later
#3244 7 years ago
Quoted from Radius118:

I agree... But... Do they look $100 better? Hard to say..

I ordered indypinhead's lighted winkie guard mod.. But haven't seen pics of the throne room sleeve. Any links?

Pots and sleeve:

IMG_4524 (resized).JPGIMG_4524 (resized).JPG

1 week later
#3326 7 years ago
Quoted from merccat:

I found that i had to gently manipulate the brackets themselves on a few to get the LED to align with the middle of the tube. The screw hole simply was centemeter or so too far back from the post hole.

Here's a few that I posted in this thread a few months ago.

Photo Oct 05, 6 16 52 PM (resized).jpgPhoto Oct 05, 6 16 52 PM (resized).jpg
Photo Oct 05, 6 16 40 PM (resized).jpgPhoto Oct 05, 6 16 40 PM (resized).jpg
Photo Oct 05, 6 16 30 PM (resized).jpgPhoto Oct 05, 6 16 30 PM (resized).jpg
Photo Oct 05, 6 16 08 PM (resized).jpgPhoto Oct 05, 6 16 08 PM (resized).jpg
Photo Oct 05, 6 16 01 PM (resized).jpgPhoto Oct 05, 6 16 01 PM (resized).jpg
Photo Oct 05, 6 18 28 PM (resized).jpgPhoto Oct 05, 6 18 28 PM (resized).jpg
Photo Oct 05, 6 23 27 PM (resized).jpgPhoto Oct 05, 6 23 27 PM (resized).jpg

1 year later
#5987 5 years ago
Quoted from avspin:

Just set up my new WOZ. I have 2 small clear plastics with a slot for a screw. Anyone know what these are for? And what looks like a promo plastic but has slots also.
[quoted image][quoted image]

The little plastics with slots are there so you can insert them on the larger promo plastic. It creates a “stand” if you'd like to display it somewhere.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 85.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 91.00
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Wanted
$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

Lighting - Led
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 29.99
Hardware
Classic Game Rooms

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 225.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

14,356 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Roswell, GA
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 43.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

13,000 (OBO)
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider dmacy.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/woz-fan-club-members-only?tu=dmacy and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.