767a905f-f768-44f4-b3e3-b2998967ff3c_text.gif
Photo Mar 30 2024, 5 42 30 PM (resized).jpg
20240316_125739 (resized).jpg
20240314_221748 (resized).jpg
20240314_215727 (resized).jpg
841FD4A1-7C8E-4E32-973D-DD8D05C4902E (resized).png
3D72BC84-0D17-44A1-B683-A17D4B722FF3 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

12 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #1 Key posted, but no summary given Posted by TigerLaw (10 years ago)

Post #2584 Fan Replacement details Posted by bhwolf (7 years ago)

Post #7017 How to tell if your WOZ has 2.0 boards Posted by f3honda4me (5 years ago)

Post #7022 Balls not making it to shooter lane from trough - Fix Posted by LTG (5 years ago)

Post #7126 Location of the latest software update/version Posted by mavantix (5 years ago)

Post #7128 Update 7.01 notes - released April 16, 2019 Posted by thewool (5 years ago)

Post #7752 Fan Replacement how to and links Posted by f3honda4me (4 years ago)

Post #11015 Adjustment advice for the monkey Posted by LTG (3 years ago)

Post #12537 7.03 Code Release Posted by bobukcat (2 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider dirtbag66.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#4157 6 years ago

Just joined yesterday after waiting three loooong years to purchase one! Love the game, but I already have one question:

My buddy and I played a few games on it yesterday, then decided we wanted to move it a little closer to the wall. So we turned it off, moved it, then went to turn it back on about a minute later. Nothing. Cue me having a heart attack. I decided to wait about five minutes and thankfully, the game turned back on.

Why did this happen? Does the game need a "shut down" period when it is turned off? Is something already wrong with my game?

Thanks!

#4158 6 years ago

Oh, and here she is being played by my son!

#294/1000

IMG_20170808_134433 (resized).jpgIMG_20170808_134433 (resized).jpg

#4162 6 years ago

Okay guys, I'm looking for a little advice. I'm really wanting to put a tornado mod in my machine, but I don't know which one to get. Should I go with the Mezel Mods one that lights up? Or the Back Alley one that if I'm not mistaken comes standard on all Ruby Red machines. Both look great, I'm just wondering if anyone here can give me some pros and cons of each. Or, if you know of a different one, let me know about that one as well.

Thanks in advance!

2 weeks later
#4222 6 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

I checked all the cables, and connectors and nothing looks out of sorts. Although its difficult seeing under the castle play field where the castle flipper is located. I'm thinking about replacing F702 along with those other two fuses, and see if that fixes the problem. What are your thoughts?

Replace all three. I had the same issue as you and that's what I did. Game works like a champ now. Just understand that all three fuses are different (10a, 6.3a and 5a). I ordered all of mine from Amazon. Sucks that I had to wait for them to ship, but it was worth it as now my game is working again.

Hope this helps!

#4223 6 years ago

Quick question everyone:

What exactly does "Monkey Magnet Sense" do? It's the only switch that is RED on my dedicated switch test, but everything seems to be working just fine (magnet works, ball is picked up, etc.)

Thanks!

#4229 6 years ago

Question about performing an update. It's probably been answered before but the "search forum" tool here is pretty archaic.

If I perform an update (6.06 to 6.50), will my high scores be reset? The manual says you can do a "Settings Backup/Restore", but it only says it saves your settings , audits, reports, replay info and custom message.

Anyone know if it saves your high scores as well? Thanks!

#4231 6 years ago
Quoted from bobukcat:

Yes, your high scores are definitely saved - just use a different USB stick than you use for the update to save and restore your settings, scores, etc.

Gotcha. One more thing. Do I have to unzip the update before plugging the USB in? The manual doesn't say anything about that, but the website FAQ says you have to.

#4234 6 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

Just FYI the culprit was fuse 702....I guess the real question is what caused the surge (if there was one)...anyways thanks for the help...

For me it was after the game went through a ball search. After it was done, both upper playfield flippers and all the slings were dead. I'm thinking the vibrations from the violent ball search made the cords disconnect, then the fuse blew once I hit the flippers.

Is your game working again?

#4248 6 years ago

I'm looking for a Pingulp (or any other beverage holding device) for my Emerald City machine. Does anyone know if there is anyone out there who sells one that will match the emerald green colored legs?

Thanks!

#4288 6 years ago
Quoted from bobukcat:

Just don't buy any that are "super shiny" or "chrome finished", etc. Basic pinballs from PBR have held up very well in mine.

Pabst Blue Ribbon?

#4304 6 years ago
Quoted from davin72:

Looks like I get to join the club. Picked up a ECLE this past weekend. Absolutely love this game.

Personal preference, but I like the green better than the red. Also prefer the topper on the Emerald City over the one on the RR. I put all the mods from the RR in my ECLE, so I'm good to go!

2 weeks later
#4408 6 years ago
Quoted from rai:

Woz is awesome!
It figures, I put a pizza in the oven set my timer, so just play a quick game, needless to say this was my best game yet. Got two Crystal ball modes, Multi ball from throne room (don't know what that was), got witch hurry and NPLH and one EB (not sure why).
Anyway the lighting effects just the best (I play in a dark room) GI may be little dim (next to IMVE) but am able to see the ball ok just not what I'm used to on my other pins, and the insert lights really pop.
This was my first time to get crystal ball modes (one was weak flippers and one was all lights on), got the first (weak) combined with he throne room MB as well as witch hurry up.
Needless to say as my game went on, my pizza timer was getting close to done so I was distracted near the end but I still got a good score (for me) 195K most of my scores have been under 100K
I played Woz several times 4 years ago, didn't really care for it probably the code was not even close to cohesive and I never really understood the rules. Also most games were probably not set up, and the lighting and sound was not optimal either. I never really started to like Woz until I played at a friends house who had it set up properly and I could hear the callouts etc..

Just wait until the first time you melt the witch. Man, that's an awesome feeling!

3 weeks later
#4447 6 years ago
Quoted from rai:

I'm having a problem with my Woz, the ball eject will sometimes fail to pop the ball up and will require 2-3 tries.

Have you tried turning up the power of that coil? You can do it in the settings.

2 weeks later
#4488 6 years ago

Question about Rescue Multiball:

Is there a way to have the game save your progress from one Castle Multiball to the next? For instance, Emerald City multiball saves which characters you have completed (courage, brains and/or heart) so that you don't have to start over from scratch the next time you get ECMB. Castle MB starts over from scratch with the jackpots you need to get. This is the only emerald I cannot get in my quest for SOTR!

Anyone?

#4492 6 years ago
Quoted from bobukcat:

Are you on the latest code? I thought Keefer mentioned in a post a while ago that Rescue Multiball now carried over like ECMB does but I don't remember if it's a setting or not.
Edit: found the post: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/mega-jackpot-during-woz-rescue-multiball#post-1544583

I've never thought to look at the Rescue letters once I start the multiball for the second time. I just look at the progress screen which shows how many jackpots of the 24 you've hit. That screen completely resets, but if your letters carry over, then I guess I don't technically need to hit all those jackpots to light the letters in RESCUE.

Ugh. I love this game.

#4494 6 years ago
Quoted from rai:

What are the Rescue MB rules? I’ve not got there yet.

You got about an hour? I'll try to explain them to you!

1 week later
#4550 6 years ago

One of my castle doors was sticking, so I decided to remove the castle playfield and see what was going on. Was able to finally tighten it up and it works great now, but in the process of unplugging all the connectors I broke one tiny wire off on board #13. It's one of the five wires in J101, I believe which is the "IN" connector (if I'm reading it correctly).

Now about 80% of my playfield lights are out (all near the bottom portion of the playfield). Am I to believe that this is happening because all the boards are chained together, so if one has an issue, all of the boards beyond that one on the chain will no longer work? And if I fix the connection, the lights will work again?

Thanks in advance for any advice!

#4565 6 years ago

Got my light issue resolved, but now I have something new.

When playing a two player game, and a ball is already locked in the Witch's castle, when the other player has the ball grabbed by the monkey and it's going up to the castle, the single door won't open to allow the locked ball to be released.

But when I start castle multiball, the door opens just fine and let's the ball out. Anyone ever have this happen? What should I do?

#4567 6 years ago
Quoted from Nokoro:

What happens to the ball that is going up?

It makes it all the way up and gets dropped off. Then I'm stuck with two balls behind the door. At first I thought it would drop the ball back onto the playfield once it got to the ball that was already there, but it actually crammed it up there. The door attempts to open, but won't. It's very bizarre.

#4570 6 years ago

The door motor is definitely attempting to fire when the monkey is 3/4 of the way up, but something is causing the door to stop!

I'll double check the switch even though during the switch test it is registering when I put a ball behind the door.

#4572 6 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

The door shaft might be coming loose from the motor shaft below the castle playfield.
LTG : )

If this were the case, wouldn't the same thing happen at the beginning of rescue multiball?

#4574 6 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

You would think so.
But I've never had one while it was coming loose. I usually hear about them when they are totally loose.

I'll check it out. Thanks!

#4583 6 years ago
Quoted from RobKnapp:

Honestly It is when I have to start to take off mini playfields or lots of upper playfield part that I fall short. My TZ mini playfield have had the center insert light socket burnt out for years. My StarTrek LE STERN put one POP bumper LED half way under the Vengeance Ship Mech . I can live with those issues But WOZ to rebuild a flipper or change the back sling . Castle Door stuck . It may never happen but as many say on here and it is true " Its Pinball" . I guess I am intimidated by WOZ . But I could do it if I put my mind to it . And it was not in my main pinball room were my pinballs are so close together 5 on one wall 4 on the opposite wall . I have to put it in my so called Dining room to have room to work . Its gotten like I am pack rat . My AFM is part way into a closet I took the door off . That LED conversion was hard to do I was like an octopus . I apologize for the non WOZ photos .

If taking off the upper playfield(s) is what's causing you to sway towards a "no" decision, I would say buy the game!

The other night I had to take my castle playfield off and was crapping bricks beforehand. But I took a few deep breaths, got my manual out, and followed each step slowly and confidently. It really wasn't that hard at all, just time consuming since I went so slow! I got the problem fixed, got to clean the playfield underneath, but unfortunately I disconnected a small wire which resulted in 80% of my playfield lights going out!

Got the light issued fixed with the help of my tech, so life is good now.

Buy the machine. You won't be disappointed.

1 week later
#4599 6 years ago

Got my castle door situation figured out. Door was getting stuck on the castle wall mod, but only when a ball was already behind the door and another was trying to lock during a multiplayer game. Long story short, when the monkey was away from the castle, the door would get stuck, so when the monkey tried to drop the new ball off, the old one wouldn't release into the game. So I adjusted the castle wall mod a few millimeters and it works like a charm now.

I love it when it's the simplest of things!

1 week later
#4633 6 years ago

I also have an ECWOZ (#294) and I think the emerald green trim looks better than the ruby red, but that's just my opinion. I was able to add all the Back Alley Creations mods to mine, picked up the insanely large instruction manual, and added the red smoke witch mod (amazing). I also think the EC topper is better than the RR.

Go with what you like. You're the one that's going to be playing it the most!

#4645 6 years ago
Quoted from Pimp77:

When they get to $7500 shipped I’m in.

Those are Hobbit numbers!

#4726 6 years ago

Help needed!

I have a minor annoyance with my winged monkey. It has stopped releasing the ball completely behind the castle door. It goes down, picks it up, carries it to the top, then the ball just sits there attached to the monkey. When I hit the flippers a few times, it drops due to the vibration. When I first got the game, it would drop the ball on it's own about 75% of the time. Now it never does.

What should I do?

#4729 6 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Put a piece of black electrician tape on the monkey's magnet.

Seriously?!? That's all I've needed to do all this time?

Interesting.

#4733 6 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Put a piece of black electrician tape on the monkey's magnet.

It worked. Thank you!!

#4735 6 years ago

Okay, new issue with my winged monkey. Seems like the first one or two times he goes down, he goes down VERY slowly. Then after picking up the ball, there's this terrible screeching sound, then he heads back up even slower. He never makes it all the way up, and the ball drops down to the playfield. After that, he seems to work just fine (goes down quickly, picks ball up no problem, travels back up quickly and deposits the ball). Is this some sort of "warming up" I don't know about? Do I need to lubricate anything to stop the short screeching sound?

Thanks!

#4772 6 years ago

Tried upgrading to 6.60, followed the instructions 100%, but when I checked it still said 6.50.

Should I format my USB stick and try again? Use a different USB? What am I doing wrong?

#4782 6 years ago
Quoted from billycrna:

For whatever reason, when I did the download, there was another woz_update folder IN my woz_update folder. I had to delete 1 of them and THEN the update worked. Maybe this is the case? Either way, I hope you get it figured out.

I formatted my USB stick before downloading, so it was wiped clean. Maybe the stick is corrupt? I'm going to try a new one and see if that works...

#4801 6 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

There are times the game simply doesn't like one stick.

Yep, this was the case! Tried a new stick and it worked on the first try.

Thanks! Now what are these sparkles everyone is talking about?

#4807 6 years ago
Quoted from Chitownpinball:

None of that. Games about 4? Years old...just wondering what I should keep an eye out for over time other than clean/wax.

If it starts to "grind" on the way down/up, screeches after picking the ball up, doesn't make it all the way up to the castle, it's time for some lube. Mine was doing all of that, I put some white lithium grease on the threaded bar (after some great advice from a fellow Pinsider) and it works like a charm now. Smooth as butter.

3 weeks later
#4984 6 years ago
Quoted from billsfanmd:

looks like Im close to getting one...Not going crazy with mods...It will have a shaker. 2-3 best mods? I like the better witch and castle walls if I can find them.

The Red Smoke Witch mod is sold out, but if you can find someone who is willing to sell their's, get it. It's by far the best mod for the game.

Also get the Back Alley Creations tornado and castle walls mods.

1 month later
#5202 6 years ago
Quoted from Wiggy:

Since our WOZ first came we have had lots of things that just hasnt gone our way. Delivery damage, castle doors acting up, no manual in the package, problems with resets etc..
Another thing thats bothering me is what the playfield looks like under the playfield protector.
Hard to catch it with a camera, but its just plain dirty under there. Even more noticeable under the inserts when they light up.
Is this really acceptable with a new out of the box game? Anyone else had the same experience?

Did you get the Ruby Red version? That's the only one that comes with the manual.

2 months later
#5494 5 years ago

If JJP#5 is Toy Story, added to the fact it's a Lawlor machine, and plays like DI, I will be VERY tempted to sell my EC.

But everyone here is correct:

The game is a masterpiece.

2 months later
#5859 5 years ago
Quoted from pinballinreno:

I get all but one emerald all the time.
It's the rescue multiball one that is near impossible.

Same here. I have a feeling that IF I were to get all the letters of RESCUE knocked out, I would get to the part where you need to do the "loop into the castle door" combo and totally fail! I remember my heart rate was through the roof the one and only time I had every emerald except the Rescue. It was insane!

1 week later
#5894 5 years ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

Hi guys Im thinking of getting a Woz.. but not sure if I can fit it in my walk out basement sliding door.. can someone get me the dimensions so i can see if it will squeeze through?
Probably the widest part is the head?
Thanks

My door is 29" wide. And as LTG said, the head is 28.75" wide, so I had a quarter inch to work with. It was tight, but we got it through.

#5897 5 years ago
Quoted from Nokoro:

I had the same door width and got a WOZ into my basement. Then I remodeled the basement and expanded the door to 32". 29" made me very uncomfortable, though it can be done.

You don't know how badly I want to widen my doorway, but to justify it to the wife by saying, "it's so I can fit pinball machines through it!" would be suicide!

#5899 5 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Just tell your wife your concerned as she gets older she may need a wider door.
Then you'll know what suicidal is.

Jeeeeeesuuuuus! I'd be dead before I hit the floor!

1 month later
#6077 5 years ago

Nothing better than a first time player asking, "What the heck am I supposed to be doing?!?", and you whip out (*ahem*) the manual and say, "Start reading!"

Good bit.

3 months later
#6461 5 years ago
Quoted from Gotfrogs:

Hello everyone, I hope your weekend is off to a good start. I am completly new to pin ownership and am greatful that I found this thread. My RR WOZ machine shipped today and I can't wait to get it. I just finished reading this entire thread and based on feeback have already ordered my Munchkinland edge protector and am thinking about ordering these accessories from mezelmods. Is there any reason not to order them? Are there better versions of the same type of mod available? I am also considering ordering some additional GI but want to see how the stock lights look before doing so.[quoted image]

Have you tinkered with pinball machines before? For being "new to pinball ownership", you sure do know a lot about them! Shoot, when I bought my first machine, I didn't even know there were batteries in the back box!

Welcome to the hobby.

#6478 5 years ago
Quoted from KingBW:

But ... it doesn't have the wood apron. So is it one of those special green editions that is not an LE?

Different topper as well. Hope he didn't cave at all this "2.0 or nothing" talk. Mine has the 7.5 system and runs like a champ.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
11,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Burlingame, CA
$ 395.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 115.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Machine - For Sale
Warner Robins, GA
$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 5.00
$ 85.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

14,685 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Northport, NY
$ 16.95
Machine - For Sale
St. Clair Shores, MI
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Lighting - Interactive
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 3.75
Playfield - Protection
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 29.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 130.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider dirtbag66.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/woz-fan-club-members-only?tu=dirtbag66 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.