20240314_221748 (resized).jpg
20240314_215727 (resized).jpg
841FD4A1-7C8E-4E32-973D-DD8D05C4902E (resized).png
3D72BC84-0D17-44A1-B683-A17D4B722FF3 (resized).jpeg
WOZ lightboard 2 (resized).jpg
WOZ lightboard 1 (resized).jpg
20240309_110050 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

12 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #1 Key posted, but no summary given Posted by TigerLaw (10 years ago)

Post #2584 Fan Replacement details Posted by bhwolf (7 years ago)

Post #7017 How to tell if your WOZ has 2.0 boards Posted by f3honda4me (5 years ago)

Post #7022 Balls not making it to shooter lane from trough - Fix Posted by LTG (5 years ago)

Post #7126 Location of the latest software update/version Posted by mavantix (5 years ago)

Post #7128 Update 7.01 notes - released April 16, 2019 Posted by thewool (5 years ago)

Post #7752 Fan Replacement how to and links Posted by f3honda4me (4 years ago)

Post #11015 Adjustment advice for the monkey Posted by LTG (3 years ago)

Post #12537 7.03 Code Release Posted by bobukcat (2 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider dendoc.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#43 10 years ago
Quoted from Craig:

Has anyone put an online tutorial up with ver. 3.0 code? If so, I'd love to watch it in hopes that I might begin to approach a decent score.

I posted a 3.0 gameplay up to melting the witch if that helps. Not a tutorial, but might give you some clues.
Thanks for starting this thread! About time

1 week later
#208 9 years ago
Quoted from StevenP:

I did mine too, and it makes a big difference. The ball tends to stay in the castle loop when shot, instead of bouncing out most of the time. All I did was to slide the pf out a bit, hooked a finger under the middle of the upside-down-U-shaped wire at the top of the loop, and pulled upward to bend it up a bit. Would not have thought to do this on my own, and interesting that it fixes the bounce-out problem so well...

Is it me just being lucky, or can others "backhand" around the search loop most of the time with the flipper and not have and problems? Haven't adjusted anything - seems to great on mine.

Congrats Geremy on your purchase. Grab the munchinland playfield edge cliffy asap - it is the essential one and not hard to fit relative to some of the others.

1 month later
#333 9 years ago
Quoted from Mato:

Do you have to sign up to Jersey Jack to get the new code when it is launched?

No it'll be downloadable on the JJP support website

1 month later
#416 9 years ago

Custom photo fits well. Loving 4.0. Haunted multiball is very loud!image.jpgimage.jpg

#418 9 years ago

Not sure as it happened during ECMB and munchkin mode - tend to stack things up, and Haunted just happened during the chaos. Some great new music additions in 4.0.

#428 9 years ago

Couple of replies- I preceded fish tales to Ripleys- but like all machines it's down to personal taste. FT was faster and fun, RBION had more rules, more shots, but with TZ in the house I didn't need it.

Custom photo , as far as I can tell can store quite a few, but only displays one. May be corrected on this

5 months later
#552 9 years ago

That's less than we pay over here in Australia, and that's when our dollar was worth more than US! Try $11500 now. Don't worry how much you paid- the game is worth it. And ALL machines need adjustments out of the box - and as you play them for that matter. All part of the fun.

3 months later
#745 8 years ago
Quoted from NightTrain:

Can someone tell me what type of cable I should be using for hooking up an external sub? Should I use the line out? Or should I just tap right into the sub like my Sterns?

Line out is the perfect way to hook up a sub. Enjoy.

3 months later
#926 8 years ago
Quoted from SuperPinball:

So are there 3 versions of WOZ, ECLE, PRO and RRLE?

Dont forget the AusLE (same as ECLE but no wooden apron) and the Rescue Edition (built for Australians that lost their dosh when Bumper Amusements went under).

6 months later
#1092 8 years ago

No troubles up in Queensland. Took 4 hours, but worked perfectly when installed. Anyone else notice it's much easier to light RAINBOW now? Seem to be spinning the house all the time on the way to other multiballs.

4 weeks later
#1224 8 years ago
Quoted from Nokoro:

I'm feeling blind because I can't seem to find that unused connector. Are you going to do that? If so, I might wait and copy off of you, especially if you take some good pictures (hint, hint).

Aren't there detailed instructions in the game manual? I seem to remember that, though I don't have the manual in front of me at the moment.

I did this small video if it's of any help

2 weeks later
#1341 8 years ago

So nice that Alex still checks thing out on here after all the flack at times. Thanks.

5 months later
#2121 7 years ago

I really don't understand Mumchkin modes. I see the colored shots, but don't know what's valuable. Any quick and easy tutorial available for these?

3 months later
#2972 7 years ago

if it's not the JJP shaker, that *707 fuse will blow regularly - need the genuine one as discussed earlier. .I got an early shaker that did this multiple times but was replaced by JJP soon after.

3 weeks later
#3038 7 years ago
Quoted from fnosm:

I have had the same right door issue and another issue where sometimes the doors just don't open when they are supposed to. Please let us know if a fix is discovered.

the castle doors have a tab that prevents them opening when hit by the door. This can need adjustment if they open prematurely or don't always open properly. Removal of the upper playfield is not too difficult the check this out. If you want to see how they work, I did this and they can be seen at the 5:05 point.

2 months later
#3731 7 years ago

For us WOZ lovers, in case you missed it, this is my daughter and I having a battle on our WOZ. We love this game!

1 month later
#3940 6 years ago

See what you have all gone and done? My game has been flawless since NIB, and suddenly - lots of light issues. Had to bypass and turn off both sling GI light boards as there the fault started (19 and 21 I think they were) but now my "fish" board and left exit board are doing this. Does this mean the boards need to be replaced entirely or can it be the data cables? Game is OK in white test, but in red-and during game play- does this.

IMG_7375 (resized).JPGIMG_7375 (resized).JPG

#3957 6 years ago
Quoted from bobukcat:

Those sling GI boards are the only ones I've ever had a problem with and it has to be because they are so close to the flipper mechs. In my case neither board was bad, either time, it was just the cable and connector. I had to re-flow the solder on the connector on one and fix the cable on the other twice. I probably need to just order a new cable for the left one but so far, so good after my repair. If you haven't already make sure all boards are enabled and go into numbered led test, cycle until you're one the first one with a problem and then wiggle the cable on that board AND the two it's connected to and see if you get any changes. Good luck!

Seems 19,20 and 21 are all acting up. All show purple or red on individual test. Bit of color change when the cables are wiggled as per your suggestion, but can't get them to go white. Odd that all 3 go at once. Cables look ok as far as being seated in the "molex" connectors. I'll take what Keith suggested is the problem with the larger boards re the red/green switching, that makes sense. I'll but the 3 little boards and see if this fixes things.

1 year later
#5810 5 years ago

Can I get some help with a transformer problem? Not sure if its common but mine developed an extremely loud buzz after powering on for 5 mins. It gets so loud it can be heard over the music. I tried the old bash it was a hammer that has been suggested but didn't help. I was told it was due to plate vibration in the transformer, and used the existing holes to pass through some bolts to firm it all up, but now it gets so hot I have to turn it off after playing for an hour. Any other suggestions besides shelling out $500 for a new transformer?

9 months later
#7266 4 years ago

Installed 7.01 just to be current. It seems to have confused my LED boards though. All work in test mode, but the numbering is wrong. None are turned off in the menu.

When individuals are tested, #1(W) doesn’t come on , but does when #2 (O) is displayed on the screen. Then all down the sequence are one out until #43 (YBR7). They then correspond to their proper numbers.

Any help appreciated.

#7270 4 years ago
Quoted from bobukcat:

I would try going back to a full install of 6.61, if the LEDs work properly with that I would try re-installing the 7.01 build again. What version LEDs do you have?

Early build 5v boards. I have to see if can find the old code as the website only has the most recent. I’ll give it a go thanks.

#7273 4 years ago

Whoops problem fixed. Looks like I bypassed one board a long time ago and forgot (R sling GI that only shows red). All lighting correctly now. Not sure why that affects the order up on the Rainbow light, but back to playing the glory that is WOZ (and stopping getting jealous that I’m spending so muh time on Pirates)!

1 year later
#10743 3 years ago
Quoted from d0n:

Thanks! I'm not great at reading directions from a manual. Are there any videos on how to remove the upper PF to get at the door mechanism underneath? Kind of like the JJP upper sling rubber replacement video? That was very helpful today. But I still think a 2" rubber there is way too tight and maybe why they keep breaking on this game?!
I'd hate to take a bunch of stuff off that doesn't need to come off.

I did this a while ago when I had the same problem. Hope it helps.

#10799 3 years ago

Hi 2.0 adopters. Just wondered are the light posts supposed to be missing on 15 and 20? Getting it all done, 1 red board but that's fine.

0250D6C6-34DF-443D-9384-D6546D753F49 (resized).jpeg0250D6C6-34DF-443D-9384-D6546D753F49 (resized).jpeg0F18535F-F38D-4F60-8EE8-EBF8AB1C8ABB (resized).jpeg0F18535F-F38D-4F60-8EE8-EBF8AB1C8ABB (resized).jpeg625D0081-7176-44B2-B88C-48C9F066EEC3 (resized).jpeg625D0081-7176-44B2-B88C-48C9F066EEC3 (resized).jpeg
#10801 3 years ago

Whoops thanks Lloyd. Must have forgotten them during the build somehow. I'll contact support and see how I go.

11 months later
#12593 2 years ago

Just upgraded the code to allow scorebit. Now my lights are whacky. I have the 2.0 upgrade, and on individual test is starts with YBR lights on the play field, but on LCD shows should Rainbow. GI is wrong as well. Any thoughts?

#12594 2 years ago

This is GI test - worked perfectly prior to upgrade.

F8F5D5E8-9326-4B53-8EAD-1ADFFFDFB612 (resized).jpegF8F5D5E8-9326-4B53-8EAD-1ADFFFDFB612 (resized).jpeg
#12595 2 years ago

All good. Did the computer thing and turned it off and on (after a pause of course) a few times and seems to have worked it out itself

3 weeks later
#12648 2 years ago

Hi all. I have purchased a wifi USB adapter for my WOZ. It needs a software installation to use. If I plug it in to the "door" usb before starting the game it of course tries to boot of it unsuccessfully. Anyone know how I can install the software into the WOZ to use the adapter? Thanks

#12650 2 years ago

Thanks Lloyd. Did the upgrade and the menu comes up to connect to wifi, but with the usb dongle plugged in is still says "cannot detect wifi network". I believe you need to install the driver software for the dongle before it will work. It's this installation I'm not sure how to do.

#12668 2 years ago

Thanks Lloyd. Did the upgrade and the menu comes up to connect to wifi, but with the usb dongle plugged in is still says "cannot detect wifi network". I believe you need to install the driver software for the dongle before it will work. It's this installation I'm not sure how to do.

I bought a wifi dongle locally. Will have to get one from Amazon US as the recommended one instead. Is it OK to use a USB hub so we can have wifi and bluetooth?

#12670 2 years ago

I tested it on my desktop and it automatically came up with the driver installation request when I plugged it in. It then connects to my home wifi without issues. Doesn't come up with that on WOZ of course, and if I start the game with it in it tries to boot off it instead on startup. Not to worry, I'll try the Amazon one when it arrives (Only $14.99, plus $11.99 shipping sadly).
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07PB1X4CN

1 week later
#12677 2 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

I believe you.
I just don't know what to do about it.
LTG : )

Just installed the recommended dongle from Amazon and worked fine. Drivers must be pre-installed as it comes with a driver CD but recognised straight away. Now registered with Scorebit. Very cool. Hope they do the same for POTC soon!

1 year later
#14004 1 year ago

Tech question for my lovely WOZ. Top lane magnet stopped working, checked fuse 707 which supplies all magnets. It was blown so replaced it. Blew on startup, so unplugged all 5 magnets it supplies on the playfield - but again blows on starting the game. Any thoughts before I blow more fuses? Rest of the game functions perfectly. 2014 build, 2.0 lights installed. Thanks

#14006 1 year ago

Lloyd you are still a legend. Looked closely at the board on top and found this. Can't see where it came from or how it got loose. It wasn't where it is circled - but wonder if it was shorting something, or was surplus and left in there and not needed?

4CC58F4D-3F14-4084-8900-7F87AB9CB5DE (resized).jpeg4CC58F4D-3F14-4084-8900-7F87AB9CB5DE (resized).jpeg5133355D-B559-44C1-AD3E-C9EEC86CC155 (resized).jpeg5133355D-B559-44C1-AD3E-C9EEC86CC155 (resized).jpeg92B099A0-5AD1-462D-A5C9-6131AB8667B5 (resized).jpeg92B099A0-5AD1-462D-A5C9-6131AB8667B5 (resized).jpeg
#14007 1 year ago

Took the "bit " out and fuse still blows when coin door closed. Wonder if one of the transistors has gone (Q334-Q338)?

#14010 1 year ago

Arrgh. Replaced the Q336 MOSFET and the fuse didn't blow when door closed. Replugged in the 5 magenta - blew fuse and MOSFET again. Should have replugged them in one by one of course. Don't have another MOSFET so will have to order some in.

#14011 1 year ago
Quoted from coz6:

Looks like that used to be on D404 all the other populated areas have that part but that location is missing.

Good pick up. Have to look up what that's supposed to do. I'll be sending it off - not up to SMT soldering yet!

#14014 1 year ago

Just checked the manual - 404 not populated. The mystery continues. Luckily enough the game still plays fine without the magnets, so there's that for now.

3 months later
#14427 1 year ago

My poor WOZ. Getting old like me.

Current problem - no inputs from door buttons/start button so cannot start game or do diagnostics. On starting, doesn't do the usual monkey move/house spin. Won't show door open screen. Fuses all lit as fine, and will slowly fade when door open for 70V fuses. Checked J601-604 all plugged into IO board and fine, through connectors seated as well. Anything else to check?

Never sorted the problems with my magnets. transistor at 336 and diode both replaced. If fuse put in for the magnets (with all magnets disconnected) the transistor at 336 gets immediately HOT - so leaving the fuse out and not using any magnets now.

Ah well, will just play TS4 and POTC for now but missing my WOZ.

#14429 1 year ago

Thanks again Lloyd for the advice. Did as you said. Sadly not just the coin door, but the flipper buttons, start button all non responsive. Reseated everything but still nothing. All boots fine and screen showing as ready to play, but nothing from the start button, flippers or coin door.

#14430 1 year ago

It's interesting that when I open the coin door, the 70v fuse lights SLOWLY fade out. When it worked they would turn out instantly when the coin door was opened.....

#14437 1 year ago
Quoted from LTG:

Capacitors discharging. Nothing wrong either way, fast or slow.

Start checking continuity of wiring from non working switches to I/O board. Manual will help you which connectors on I/O board. Pagw D-138, D-139, and D-140 in the current manual you can download from the website.
Your switches are all dedicated switches page C-98 in the manual. All different rows. Column black wire is common to all of them. I'd start there, the black wire must have a problem from the coin door area to the I/O board. Look over connectors up front by the coin door, black wire and pin sticking up from a connector ? Then check continuity of the black wire to the I/O board.
LTG : )

Thanks for that. Managed to find a bent pin on the IO board that was causing the problems. Did it when I was replacing the 336 transistor powering the top lane magnet. Had to remove it because it was pretty much melting. Still need to sort that out but at least I can play my beautiful game now!

3 months later
#14663 1 year ago

Bit of 2.0 help please. This board will show green when game powers on, then a red fuse status light when a game is started. After playing a bit it behaves normally. Turn the game off - it goes green for a bit again. On LED test - green with any single LED test, but goes red again when all activated. Any ideas why?

881AE10A-82E0-4900-8DC4-03913F45EDDB (resized).jpeg881AE10A-82E0-4900-8DC4-03913F45EDDB (resized).jpegimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg

#14664 1 year ago

PS just started doing this, been fine for past year or so.

#14668 1 year ago

Good idea but the fact that it comes good midway through a game is what confuses me. I'll check anyway, thanks

Quoted from DiabloRush:

Can you switch the power connector with another board? That will help diagnose the issue. Often, when problems like this arise after a period of time, it's cracked solder joints. (That board is close to the pop bumpers, among the most active of the coils, which can over-time fatique these joints). Your symptoms are consistent with this (when starting a game, it goes bad; this indicates to me that when coils fire, etc., it's interupting something on the board).
I'd look very carefully at the power board connector solder joints on the board. Reflow these with a soldering iron if you can (or hot-air workstation). More than once, this has solved intermittant problems on pins for me.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Mt Zion, IL
$ 345.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 85.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 225.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

Machine - For Sale
St. Clair Shores, MI
11,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Burlingame, CA
Lighting - Led
Pinball Mod Co.

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 199.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 29.99
Hardware
Classic Game Rooms

$ 43.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 91.00
14,850 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Northport, NY
$ 16.95
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider dendoc.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/woz-fan-club-members-only?tu=dendoc and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.