image (resized).jpg
767a905f-f768-44f4-b3e3-b2998967ff3c_text.gif
Photo Mar 30 2024, 5 42 30 PM (resized).jpg
20240316_125739 (resized).jpg
20240314_221748 (resized).jpg
20240314_215727 (resized).jpg
841FD4A1-7C8E-4E32-973D-DD8D05C4902E (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

12 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #1 Key posted, but no summary given Posted by TigerLaw (10 years ago)

Post #2584 Fan Replacement details Posted by bhwolf (7 years ago)

Post #7017 How to tell if your WOZ has 2.0 boards Posted by f3honda4me (5 years ago)

Post #7022 Balls not making it to shooter lane from trough - Fix Posted by LTG (5 years ago)

Post #7126 Location of the latest software update/version Posted by mavantix (5 years ago)

Post #7128 Update 7.01 notes - released April 16, 2019 Posted by thewool (5 years ago)

Post #7752 Fan Replacement how to and links Posted by f3honda4me (4 years ago)

Post #11015 Adjustment advice for the monkey Posted by LTG (3 years ago)

Post #12537 7.03 Code Release Posted by bobukcat (2 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider deegor.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1939 7 years ago

Looks right to me. They use clonezilla to extract the new image onto the machine.

#1941 7 years ago

The sure fire way to test would be to update your own machine to make sure it works. You might lose your scores though.

#1950 7 years ago
Quoted from goren1818:

Hey Taylor! You can back up your scores and settings to another USB stick.

Nice, I didn't know it backed the scores up as well. Just saw that you could backup your settings.

Quoted from TaylorVA:

Mine is already updated so would updating do anything? Just erase scores? I could live that.

It will simply replace what you have with whatever image you're loading on there. Even if it's the same version. I would try backing up the settings as Goren mentioned to try and preserve your scores.

#1959 7 years ago

Just joined the club a few days ago with a ruby red from the guys at automated. I have to say, this pin is freaking awesome.

I really didn't like it when I first played it years ago at the pinball hall of fame. Super early code + the abuse pins take at PHOF = bad experience, but I had the chance to play it again at Paynemic's place, and knew from that day that I had to have one.

Does anyone have any pictures of their WOZ with mirror blades in? I'm thinking about picking some up, and just want to see what it looks like.

#1981 7 years ago

No response on the mirror blades, so I decided to just go ahead and get them anyway. I'll post pictures once they're installed.

#2048 7 years ago

Is there a prize for most abysmal score? I may have a shot at that one.

#2186 7 years ago

That looks awful. Hopefully Automated / JJP takes care of you.

3 weeks later
#2485 7 years ago
Quoted from wtatumjr:

I'll give them a call. I bought this WOZ new - never routed.

Zero chance that's brand new with two weeks of play on it. Someone has some splainin to do.

2 weeks later
#2580 7 years ago

Correct.

2 weeks later
#2716 7 years ago

Light board situation is a lot better, but one did fail on my new RR woz that I purchased a few months ago, so nothing is 100%. If you can find a used woz cheap enough, it may be worth it, as NIB's are pretty expensive.

1 month later
#2994 7 years ago

Tried playing today. Rubber broke on the upper kicker.

#3001 7 years ago
Quoted from Pinballomatic:

Turn down the coil strength so the rubber will last longer. Also, if you're careful, you can replace the rubber without removing munchkinland.

Yeah, I found a thread on here describing how to replace it without taking the munchkin playfield off. I didn't have a 2" rubber, so I went with an extra 2 1/2" rubber instead as someone suggested. Seems to work fine.

Shortly after I put up a score of 2.2 million.

1 month later
#3469 7 years ago
Quoted from nwpinball:

Special Guest Announcement: Jack Guarnieri and Butch Peel!

The world premiere of Jersey Jack Pinball's Wizard of Oz machine happened at our 2012 show, when the game was snuck in under a sheet and appeared the next day to the public, along with a talk about the game. Today Jersey Jack Pinball has grown into a large pinball company producing The Hobbit, WOZ and soon the new Dialed In. We are happy to have Jack Guarnieri and Butch Peel returning for our 10th show and to get a chance to play their new game!

It looks like he will be at the NW show this year.

1 week later
#3532 7 years ago
Quoted from paynemic:

Earlier in the thread I read someone protected the mini munchkin playfield with something other than the Cliffy. I'm a big fan of cliffys, but the difficulty to install on this one has me shying away. I don't like drilling playfields at all. Anyone have any thoughts?

I tried the protector from the modfather, and it immediately started to peel away. I ended up removing it and throwing it in the trash. Ordered a cliffy and it sat in the package for awhile, because I was dreading removing the munchkin playfield. Finally bit the bullet and installed it. It was a lot simpler than I was expecting. If you want help, just let me know and I'll come over and help.

1 month later
#3727 7 years ago
Quoted from arcadenerd925:

can any of you with the munchkin PF chrome edge protector from modfather chime in on if it has held up/ if you like it?
the cliffy just seems like overkill for me with only the edge by the ramp really the only spot getting nailed.

I bought the Modfather chrome strip, and it just kept coming loose. It would end up blocking the ball in the shooter lane, so I ripped it out and and put in a cliffy instead. The double sided tape on the strip just didn't work well for me, but I'm glad to hear it's working well for agodfrey.

That said, I love the castle walls from the Modfather. Those look like they were meant to be part of the game instead of the plastic tube.

#3735 7 years ago
Quoted from arcadenerd925:

Yeah this is my fear. i think if i had the cliffy painted/powder coated I would like it more, I dont really care about taking up the mini PF (though I am pretty lazy)
Thanks for the input guys.

The mini playfield was actually pretty easy to remove. Sounds a lot harder than it is.

2 weeks later
#3820 6 years ago
Quoted from capguntrooper:

Not sure how I could have an early one? Tried to reload code with mountain gamers link, thanks by the way and I am still coming up with low res, see pic. I checked connections and noticed dvi cable has one screw retainer that will not screw in all the way but that should not affect anything, I am just getting a lowered res, any ideas?

1366x768 resolution is what the VGA port is locked to for compatibility reasons with older builds. The DVI port should be set to at least 1920x1080. At least it did with 6.10, which is what I have loaded on mine right now.

Do you get normal (1920x1080) resolution with previous code versions?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 5.00
14,685 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Northport, NY
9,300 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Santa Maria, CA
$ 130.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Lighting - Led
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

Lighting - Interactive
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 199.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Mt Zion, IL
$ 55.00
Lighting - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 115.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 43.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider deegor.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/woz-fan-club-members-only?tu=deegor and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.