Topic Stats

• 10,511 posts
  • 557 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 day ago by apinballwiz
  • Topic is favorited by 253 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 1,424 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

6F805F78-5374-4296-BB2A-9C76C00B141E (resized).jpeg
2FB562F8-3E26-48B4-AE9D-AA54109AF560 (resized).png
7CB00E97-64FA-4617-BF90-F39969662F47 (resized).jpeg
20200529_192046 (resized).jpg
20200529_192139 (resized).jpg
A23EFB32-5508-4E35-A9D9-5522407597EE (resized).jpeg
A77FCD63-6AA9-432D-AC48-778438CAF5C2 (resized).jpeg
C3F2D12F-792F-4F3A-B6D7-16353FA1169A (resized).jpeg
20200528_205525 (resized).jpg
13B3AAC4-F5F8-49BD-A519-8C2915B24FAB (resized).jpeg
66DDA1A2-D052-4C1D-9EAD-DE1A0864C9A1 (resized).jpeg
91FE3651-BD02-4610-A950-815B82A3A3F8 (resized).jpeg
20200525_132917 (resized).jpg
5F0CA0EB-BA75-4167-BBD6-52E2EE424E09 (resized).jpeg
36266128-1D1F-4F6A-83A3-5AFC90B5B39C (resized).jpeg
5F9AFFBA-A515-4D93-8923-D29C8C388D76 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

8 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #1 Key posted, but no summary given Posted by TigerLaw (6 years ago)

Post #2584 Fan Replacement details Posted by bhwolf (3 years ago)

Post #7017 How to tell if your WOZ has 2.0 boards Posted by f3honda4me (1 year ago)

Post #7022 Balls not making it to shooter lane from trough - Fix Posted by LTG (1 year ago)

Post #7126 Location of the latest software update/version Posted by mavantix (1 year ago)

Post #7128 Update 7.01 notes - released April 16, 2019 Posted by thewool (1 year ago)

Post #7752 Fan Replacement how to and links Posted by f3honda4me (1 year ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider daveh.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#11 6 years ago

I've melted the witch twice so far! The first time was almost overwhelming, but the second time was a hoot! I was able to pay better attention to everything that was happening. It's a really fun game now that 3.0 out.

If anyone is still running an older version, upgrade! It makes the game so much better.

#21 6 years ago
Quoted from wcbrandes:

I moved mine however I didnt notice it helped keeping the ball up there any longer or should i say better?

I moved that post a while ago. About 1 out of 3 times in the castle playfield it helps get you an extra shot or two. Not an earth shattering change, but I think it is worth it. I just find the castle brutally difficult sometimes. Although I still laugh when I flub out of the munchkin playfield a couple times and get told "Can't quite get the hang of it".

And I still say beating TOTO 2 is the best callout in the game so far.

#45 6 years ago

I just put up 871k, and it was a fantastic game! Amazing how it felt so epic. Some nights I just can't do anything on the game and then others blow the roof of it. Once I started haunted multiball was when the score really started climbing. I was pretty close to finishing ECMB (had it stacked with rescue for extra balls on the table), but as always, all the balls decided to leave as i was trying to shoot the throne room and I was left there alone collecting my bonus.

And Ted, if your up near Boston anytime soon...

image.jpg

Running 3.0 and smokin cigars!

#60 6 years ago
Quoted from arcadenerd925:

Question: legs popping out of house.
The wall only comes down about half way.. its my understanding that its supposed to come down all the way. So I went in the adjustments and upped the power on the coil, but all the seems to do is make it smack it harder and it still just comes down half way.
Am i doing something wrong here or missing something? any help appreciated.

There is a video kicking around that shows how to adjust that. It isn't the power, it is the rotation of the house. Shoot, where is that.

#62 6 years ago
Quoted from DaveH:

There is a video kicking around that shows how to adjust that. It isn't the power, it is the rotation of the house. Shoot, where is that.

http://www.youtube.com/embed/PTFSwIm-xxQ?autoplay=1&rel=0

Oops, there it is.

#83 6 years ago
Quoted from wcbrandes:

I have one.......not for sale

If I sold my WOZ I'd just end up having to buy another WOZ. It is that kind of a game.

#94 6 years ago
Quoted from Chippewa-Pin:

I've had mine since the end of February. No issues except an initial sling adjustment. This is by far my favorite pin. It is so addictive. People of all skill levels enjoy it when they come over. I'm still waiting to put in a rating as I want to be fair, but I can say that after having quite a bit of time on v3.0 now, it's going to be a pretty high rating.
My only complaint... I would like to see a complete document of the rules. I have pieced together stuff from here and the JJP forum, but would like to see something official from JJP. The 'flowchart' on the JJP forum is pretty good, but it doesn't explain how to accomplish some of the objectives.

I saw that flowchart and thought it was very well done. And yesterday I took the glass off to understand how to actually collect the mega jackpot in rescue. And I'm sure a few people here have a pretty good grasp of the rules. So if you have any questions about them, this might be a good place to ask. It is usually the community that ends up documenting the ruleset.

#110 6 years ago
Quoted from alichino:

If you're looking for a quick game, you can try for HOADC mode (the most underrated mini game, IMHO). It's much harder to collect than many of the other goals, so it goes a lot quicker.

Once I get my attention off of Rescue that is probably next. I just noticed last night that the HOADC inserts change from the top sling right below the lanes. Not sure what else changes them, but it made me very curious. Moooo.

#122 6 years ago
Quoted from alichino:

If you're looking for a quick game, you can try for HOADC mode (the most underrated mini game, IMHO). It's much harder to collect than many of the other goals, so it goes a lot quicker.

Ok, now that I am starting to understand HOADC, I really want a HOADC display on the screen. That is a crazy little game. Or am I just misunderstanding and is the whole idea that you don't get any status and just need to remember each of the last 7 shots that collected a horse?

#128 6 years ago
Quoted from gearheaddropping:

Perfect, now I will start paying much more attention to those horses (and cows)!

Quoted from sc204:

Success – Each horse is a different color or all horses are the same color
Multiplier: # of horses (4 - 7)
Raises the # of horses to collect the next round. Maximum is 7
Failure – At least two different colors and at least two horses with the same color
Multiplier: 0.5

This is the stuff that took me a bit to understand. The success and the failure. Both ways (all different or all the same) are a success. But a mixture of that is a failure in it.

And Taylor, are you saying it is in the status and I missed it? Or that it should be put into the status?

#146 6 years ago
Quoted from DCFAN:

I am sure fixing it on your game will make that playfield way more fun. I have seen people hitting it around that loop several times with no reject problems.

DCFAN, Thanks for bumping that. I saw it there and made myself a note to fix that first chance I get. I've grown to hate that loop. It seems the only time it doesn't reject is when search is green and I have to start over again spelling rescue.

#149 6 years ago

I dont quite understand the problem or the fix, can someone explain in more detail? For some reason i'm just not getting it. heh.

Sure. On the rescue playfield there are shots to all 6 targets, the doors, and the search loop. On my game, I slam it into the search loop, and instead of going around it seems to go into the loop around an inch, and then chatters right back out of it. We all are calling it a reject because most of the time that loop just kicks the ball back out the entrance of the loop. It is VERY frustrating, but I'm really psyched to try this fix of bending that wireform just a bit. I don't think it is a design issue, just a minor implementation issue.

#163 6 years ago

Ugh, i am horrible at getting rescue multi-ball. I played three games last night and my focus was simply on hitting the winkie and then getting up to the castle. even with the post moved in at the exit. first i got up there several times, almost spelling rescue, but hadn't captured dorothy, then i finally capture dorothy but couldnt finish spelling rescue.. lol.
had a lot of fun trying at least.
i've been trying to work on getting my shots down (pin newb) and i think ive got most of them... but for the life me, can not hit the spinner on purpose with any consistency (always by accident, or via the slings)
I will keep at it tho, such a fun game. I feel a little guilty that i have been ignoring the TSPP next to it lately. heh.

I tend to plunge the first ball all the way around to the pops. Sometimes I get lucky and hit both blue targets to light the capture. I want that lit and captured as soon as possible, just so I'm not up on the castle spelling rescue without the ball ready to go. There are times that strategy leads to a tragic end, but starting Rescue is pretty cool (I really like the swirling lights at the start).

#172 6 years ago
Quoted from Spencer:

Just learning the rules and never seen this, how do you do it?

I just snapped this pic from the 3.0 rules screen on my game. To get to battle the witch you need to collect the 4 emeralds on this screen. So you need to start Rescue Multiball, start Emerald City Multiball, start a munchkin mode, and start Fireball Frenzy. The rules to start each of those is on the screens.

One thing I still don't like is that there isn't much fanfare. Just blam, inserts go green, it launches a second ball and you are battling the witch. However, it is a total thrill when you melt her (I've done it twice so far).

You can get to these screens and show your current progress by holding both flippers up during play. Then let one go (the one not holding the ball ). Then that flipper will page through the status screens.

image-165.jpg

#174 6 years ago
Quoted from Spencer:

Ok, thanks I've been there before than, just never completed it. Still trying to figure out what to hit when you activate fireball mode too...
Just adjusted my house and feet, so easy and such an improvement.

When playing it alone, you are trying to hit the blue shots. Blue puts out fire, and the orange flickering shots burn the scarecrow (the first one you hit the witch says "Here come the fireballs"). Three fireballs shots ends the round by burning up the scare row. You are trying to get 10 blue jackpot shots to collect the diamond. I'm not sure if the round ends at 10 or if you continue until he burns.

Stacked it is tough because you need other shots that are usually fire, so I tend to try and play that mode alone.

#175 6 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

2nd peg. Two finger raise behind castle. 10 seconds.
Now I have to get used to speed again. Keep flipper erect on rebound. That's what she said.
Huge scores if you get Rescue MB and have EC MB ready for 3rd lock and then add a crystal ball with multi

And sorry to be so talkative tonight but WOW! I finally had some time to open the game and adjust the search loop. The castle playfield plays completely differently now. Much faster now that the loop flies through. The only rejects were from bad shots, but if you hit the loop, smooth now.

#186 6 years ago
Quoted from TaylorVA:

I am seeing a lot of scores now in the 1 million+ range and am curious at what point people are racking up big scores. My highest to date, 3 ball 1 EB, was 700k+ and really exploded from mid 400k when I was able to stack CB and HB.
Any tips appreciated.

I've almost completely given up score as a goal right now. For some reason I have it in my head that the thing I need to prove is that I can get a mega-jackpot in Rescue Multiball. So I am almost obsessively trying to start Rescue. If a lock is available in ECMB, I take it... except for the third one. I try to save the third until after I start Rescue so I have more balls on the table. Then I just go after hitting jackpots and collecting red letters. My best is still 2 red letters, so I am a long way away from finishing it.

I really do like this game. I can collect a couple of diamonds and keep thinking that if I play just a bit better I can beat it, all the while knowing that I can't.

#207 6 years ago

I played a WOZ on location today. Yes, I own one, but any chance to play. As soon as it served up the first ball and I saw the blue monkey lights on solid blue I knew I was in trouble. It has been a while since I played 1.xx of WOZ, and the difference is night and day. Operators, think of the children... Update to 3.0 (and jeepers, level your games!).

And Geremy, a hearty welcome to the club!!!

#232 6 years ago
Quoted from Jvspin:

1) I remember reading how to do it somewhere, but no longer remember.

I think the insert in the Haunted Forest relights Glinda. The same one that lights for the skill shot. Don't quote me on that one though.

2 weeks later
#259 6 years ago
Quoted from tonycip:

Oh, ok so what do you get if you do all the hurry ups? Which there never is enough time for.
Also what advances the yellow brick road, and what do you get if you make it to the end?
And is there somewhere in the menu where you can increase the time on the 2nd Toto save?
There seems to be enough time for the first one shot, but not the 2nd 2 shot.
And on fireball frenzy is the object to hit the witch or make the blue shots?
Sorry for the amount of questions..

I don't think there is any reward in the hurryups besides points.

The YBR advances by the shot that is lit. Left orbit, ramp, right orbit. I forget how far you need to advance for the reward (50?).

Not sure if you can increase the timer, but I think there were difficulty changes. I'll answer that when I'm near my game. However, there is just enough time because I've completed it a couple times. Love the callout when you make Toto 2.

The object in Fireball is to hit 10 of the blue shots before hitting 3 of the fire ones. Hitting the witch moves the blue shot to a different location. So you can get it away from a tough shot like the wizard saucer. Three fire shots ends the round.

And don't be sorry for the questions. WOZ is a complex game with all sorts of rules and objectives. I'm still amazed they crammed in so many rules and the stacking. And I'm really excited for the update. Not because I'm expecting big changes. But there are a couple of spots I thought needed just a bit more polish to be right.

2 weeks later
#320 5 years ago

I got "Witch slapped" tonight. Started the battle, but she won again. Grrrrrrrrr.

1 week later
#335 5 years ago
Quoted from Mato:

I click on there service and support and it asks me for all my details, address, email and so on

http://support.jerseyjackpinball.com/downloads/woz/

2 weeks later
#385 5 years ago

ok, i got it. so the next question. do i have to "win" a mode to advance to the next one? or if i spell rainbow and spin the house 3 times, the 4 time i will get MB?

Yeah (spin it enough and yes). But the difficulty goes up by default. So the second needs more loops, and the third still more. I usually fall apart before the third and have not made it to the multiball yet.

#391 5 years ago
Quoted from mountaingamer:

Ok Guys - question for ya..... I like my games set up easy, and I've gotten to the final frontier plenty, battle for the kingdom 2x, lost in the zone once I think (most games were set up pretty generous with ballsaver, extra balls, and whatever else)..... I've seen how deep WOZ is playing it on location, but can it be set to hand out tons of extra balls, modes made easy, long ballsaves and whatever else to give a ok player a shot at SOTR? Or does it take a true pro to get there? Thanks!

Thinking about it, you could probably set it up pretty easy. Close the outlanes (they are pigs). The cool part about WOZ is how many different configuration options there are. By default it is a really tough game. But you can control every coil... Pops to harsh? Tone them down. Slings too crazy, lower the coil settings. The objectives can also be tweaked so things like Munchkin Multiball and Emerald City Multiball are a lot easier to get.

As for extra balls and ball savers, yes you can. Lots of them. I never checked how long the ball saver can go, but eaxtra balls can be score based. I think 4 of them. The only thing I don't think you can really get by is the Mega Jackpot of Rescue Multiball. That's the really tough one. I've melted the witch a few times, but I'm not even close to the Mega in Rescue.

The number of options gets pretty crazy.

image-829.jpg

#393 5 years ago

I saw the setting for YBR loops to light the extra ball @ the thrown room, but where do you set EB's to be point based? I should probably just go look but if someone off the top of their head knows feel free to chime in.

Settings / System Settings / and then scroll down to the Score Awards section. You can set 4 of them.

image-75.jpg

2 weeks later
#441 5 years ago
Quoted from dgpinball:

I can't recall which code revision it was, but there was a time where the Twister had priority over the lock, there was a lot of debate about which way it should be. I like it the way it is, but it can be frustrating in certain circumstances.

I thought it was much more frustrating in the version where twister took priority. That would prevent ball locks for about 15-20 seconds between the time in the twister and the restart time if you missed. And that led to a few frustrating drains as I'd keep the ball in play waiting to be able to shoot the lock.

#464 5 years ago
Quoted from tonycip:

Thanks Taylor, but can someone explain the whole thing, or point me to it ,if it's been discussed already thanks .A lot of strands in the dude's head.

HODAC (Horse Of A Different Color) is a side game within WOZ that you can play to earn points and bonus multipliers for certain things. It is both completely ignorable and frustratingly enticing at the same time.

The object is to stack up horses in certain combinations. The horses are placed (as far as I am aware) randomly around the playfield shots. The upper sling under the OZ lanes changes the distribution of horses.

I don't have a list of the combinations, but I think I have a base understanding of the concept. Having horses all be different colors earns more when you collect. The chameleon horses (rainbow) are not the same as any other horses. So they are always good. 4 rainbow horses is pretty big points.

The munchkin multipliers were added recently, so I don't have a good grasp of them yet.

The fun part is the collect shot. It is a tough shot. I like to hit it from the right flipper as the ball is near the top of the upturned flipper. But it really is a risk / reward shot. Very often it can bounce and go out the left outlane or into the slings. I look at HODAC as a fun little side game. Sometimes when I'm in the middle of a bad game I'll go after horses and try to build a big combination. It's tough to do because a lot of times you will have a horse on the orbit you don't want, but need the sling up top to change the horses.

1 month later
#507 5 years ago
Quoted from Zampinator:

What a great pin! Traded a mint HUO Spider-Man plus $, for a like new HUO WOZECLE #13, with only 80 plays! I couldn't be happier!

image-75.jpg 194 KB

image-424.jpg 219 KB

If it didn't come with at least 4.0 software on it, upgrade. It makes a great game better. And welcome to the club!

#511 5 years ago
Quoted from DCFAN:

For the Witch castle playfield, are most people moving the post in that is at the left side of castle playfield exit?

Well I can't speak for most people, but I did. I very rarely do things like that, but I was going dozens of games without starting Rescue. It felt unfair to me, so I switched it to the other hole. Rescue is still tough, but that post gives you an extra chance or two to get it. Others may say its cheating, but moving that made it just right. If I ended up starting Rescue every game I would have moved it back. I like my games difficult, but fun.

#514 5 years ago
Quoted from DCFAN:

That is exactly what I was thinking. I have not yet had a lot of time to master the nuances of playing the Witch castle playfield and think I should move the post in. It is easily the area of the playfield that I am struggling with the most. If it gets too easy then later I definitely will move it back.

I did mine without having to pull the castle playfield. Just pull out the main playfield and prop it on the rails. I used a screw driver and needle nose pliers. Just do it easy and slow, and yes, there is a washer between the nut and the bottom of the playfield (don't drop it). It only takes a couple of minutes.

4 months later
#532 5 years ago
Quoted from TaylorVA:

Just an FYI but some games did not ship with a deflector that sits behind the wire guide in the search loop on the upper castle playfield. This prevents the ball from jumping the guide and get stuck on top of the wire guide. Mine was missing and I had no idea. I received mine in the mail this past week. If you have a moment you may want to make sure that deflector is there. My build date was July 18,2013.

Taylor, can you toss up a picture when you install it?

#539 5 years ago
Quoted from Chitownpinball:

Dont you HAVE to add all 3 balls to start the rescue? I think I am confused on how to start it....Ill be down there after work today to figure it out!

Rescue starts as a two ball multiball, and goes up from there. Once you get all the RESCUE targets on the castle playfield you can start it by breaking down the doors and getting into that saucer, OR you can add a ball to rescue by hitting the search loop (it turns green when it is ready to add a ball, and if you add one you need to hit all the RESCUE targets again). I think it goes up to a 5 ball multiball.

So he was saying that once he is under pressure to hit the shot through the doors, he drains off the upper playfield or accidentally hits the search loop to force him to then light all the RESCUE targets again.

I actually did move that post on the castle playfield (wimp). Although I have gotten better at the game, so I may move it back at some point.

3 weeks later
#585 5 years ago
Quoted from TaylorVA:

In the newest code did it revert back to Twister taking precedence over a lock?

Nope, locks always take precedence.

I got up to 3 gems last night...last one is for melting the witch right?

There are two types of "gems". Emeralds and Diamonds. Once you collect the 4 emeralds (Start Rescue, ECMB, a Munchkin mod, and Fireball), and that will let you battle the witch. All 4 only need to be started to get to the battle.

Diamonds are the tougher ones. You have to beat the witch. You have to beat ECMB. You have to beat Rescue (yeah, right). Travel 50 times on YBR. Get to Munchkin Multiball. Get to Haunted Multiball. Play all the crystal ball modes to get to Flipper Frenzy.

I'm going by memory on those, so I might have missed one. Oh, get all the diamonds and you get to Somewhere Over The Rainbow. Every journey starts with the first step

#596 5 years ago

PLEASE some one confirm....it really had me like WOAH.

I can confirm your trippy experience. There is a certain pattern that almost looks like a wave going up the machine. The first time I saw it I was so impressed with the lights.

Quoted from TaylorVA:

it didn't the other night. really strange.

That is an odd one. And I'm going to make a crazy guess at it (could be a bug). Had you been up on the munchkin playfield and had it spinning, came off it, qualified the lock, and then shot back up the ramp and it was a continuation of the spinning before? I could see that lighting the lock light, but then the playfield take precedence over the lock.

(and from your reaction I'm very sure you are not running the old version of software that did that)

2 weeks later
#628 5 years ago
Quoted from coasterguy:

Beating the witch is a blast. The first time I got to her I beat her and don't even recall everything. It just happened. Now I have trouble getting to her again. I've been there 5 times at this point. I'm switching to 5 ball! I said it!

I just checked my audits. I've battled the witch 10 times, and beat her 3. For some reason that feels pathetic, but at least the last time I beat her I did well on the victory laps.

Even though I had some minor issues with my game (which Jack fixed of course), I have to say that WOZ was an amazing effort for a first game. The level of play in the game is just stunning. A year and 4 months and the game still feels fresh and new. I do still struggle with Rescue Multiball (I'm really wanting to complete it someday). And for some reason I still can't start Munchkin Multiball even when I try. And to me, that makes a great game. I'm still trying to do new things after this long.

In fact someone on the google group mentioned the YBR strategy, and I've been trying that.

So Jack, yeah, nice job building a great game.

1 week later
#669 5 years ago
Quoted from pinstyle:

Nice work nosro. I recently started to finish fireball frenzy. I have to focus on it and it ussually takes two sometimes three times around before i can finish the mode. The only one i havent gotten is the mega jackpot in rescue multiball, that one seems the hardest. Im not even entirely sure how to collect it. I know you have to get all the letters lit red on the castle playfield but im not sure how its done. Collect one of each jackpot shot on the main playfield?
I have that feeling for the first time also, that sotr might be reachable.

This will be from memory, but no, I've need done it.

To finish rescue you need to collect triple jackpots on each shot on the main playfield. That starts a Rescue letter flashing red. Collecting the letter lights the super at the castle doors. Collecting all the letters lights the search loop and for the mega you have to combo the search loop into the doors.

I'm sure someone will correct me if that is wrong. And I'm not even close to it.

#677 5 years ago
Quoted from Pimp77:

Yep, except you need ALL the red letters to light the super, right? And the doors OPEN on a loop shot and you combo into the saucer behind the doors.

I think you might be confusing Super jackpots and Mega jackpots. I still think the Super is available after each letter and the Mega is available on the combo after all of them. I was going to take my glass off and confirm that, but I would hate to mess up my big count of ZERO on the Mega in my audits

2 months later
#718 5 years ago
Quoted from wtatumjr:

How to you scroll from "shots" to "bumpers"?

They switch each time you start a haunted mode. So play one, then the next, and so on. Finally, you will get HMB.

And I changed the setup of my WOZ. I added almost a full degree of pitch just to change it up. It changed everything. It did make the castle easier (I'm moving the post back now), and it changed the timings out of the munchkin locks. Totally changes the pace of the game.

#721 5 years ago
Quoted from txstargazer3:

Are you now at 7 degrees?

Yup, and I like it there. It was feeling a bit too slow, and I got to the witch battle 3 games in a row. Granted, I was playing very well that night, but if I'm getting to a main feature of a game that often something is wrong with my setup. This should make it a bit tougher.

#722 5 years ago
Quoted from Doostur:

I'm curious.... what power/speed setting is everyone using in their pop bumpers?

I'm using 12 for the pops and 10 for the State Fair pop.

#749 5 years ago
Quoted from NightTrain:

Sub hooked up and sounds great!
Now for the dumb question of the day..... How the hell does the skill shot work in WOZ?!

Skill shotS. There are several.

The top lanes. Nudge into the lit one for 5k and a 2X bonus.

The witch. Short plunge to the upper right flipper and smack the witch. It starts a witch hurry up and awards 7500.

Short plunge to the upper right flipper and hit the haunted forest target. Quick way to start haunted modes. More points than the witch, but I forget the exact amount.

Short plunge to the upper right flipper, and then hit it out the left outlane... Because there is no way you are completing the last skill shot of hitting the lit BALL target. More points and as I recall, lights the crystal ball. But totally not worth the risk.

1 week later
#783 5 years ago
Quoted from NightTrain:

Can someone tell me tell me what it means when the Owl's eyes are lit and when the haunted forest sign LED is lit? I'm not fully understanding the "haunted" forest I guess. I hit the bumpers and spell haunted. Then I hit the collect VUK. haunted scoring starts. Then when it's finished and I relight haunted, collect does not light. Then there are these owl eyes and LED on the haunted forest sign. Anyone know what's going on?

woz1.jpg (Click image to enlarge)
WOZ2.jpg (Click image to enlarge)

I think it means that you are already running a haunted mode. You can't start another until it completes.

PS: This is an educated guess. Normally I'm more sure, but in this case, I'm not. I do know that you can't overlap Haunted modes though, no matter how many times you spell it the collect will not light.

#788 5 years ago
Quoted from Pimp77:

Yes, that's it, but you can spell haunted to increase values for the round I believe.

Does it? I didn't know that. I always just go after the thing that the modes is for as soon as it starts. I tend to ignore other objectives during haunted modes because they can be so lucrative.

1 week later
#837 5 years ago
Quoted from TZBen:

whats your strategy for shooting the behind the flipper shot for horse of a different color?

I tend to backhand it from the right flipper. If the ball rolls up the flipper just right, I'll shoot it. But it is dangerous to shoot at. More often than not, horses lead to drains for me.

1 month later
#862 4 years ago

I was doing some testing on my game and making a video of it, and I freaked out because I thought I found a bug. The witch did a double countdown. It was at 600, and when I finished the hurry up it scored 1800 on the screen. Thank goodness I actually watched the video! After almost 2 years I didn't even realize Glinda could restart the witch hurry up count down.

1 week later
#870 4 years ago
Quoted from indypinhead:

doesn't look hand signed to me.
Looks like JJP scanned each signature and added those to the apron artwork.

As Indypinhead said, it is printed. But if they all want to come to my house to sign it, there is beer in the fridge, chips in the cupboard, the best pizza shop in America 2 miles away, and plenty of fun to be had. In fact Keith can show me how to finish Rescue Multiball after he signs it

1 month later
#889 4 years ago

Just FYI: Non-members of the private user group won't be able to view that, and I don't think Keith wants it posted until it is released. I'm not speaking for him, just making an educated guess.

#892 4 years ago
Quoted from herg:

Call me Aurich, but this private public info is

Roll your eyes as much as you want, and do whatever you want Aurich. Like I said, that was my opinion.

#900 4 years ago
Quoted from lapean111:

» YouTube video

Cool video!

Quoted from SuperPinball:

I am about to buy a standard for $8250 CAN but I think it is the old standard. Do you think its a smart move or should I spend a bit more to get a ECLE? Does the old standard have "problems" that I need to be aware of and does it have green armor and rails?

The standard does not have green armor. Only the Emerald City Limited Edition has the green.

#910 4 years ago
Quoted from SuperPinball:

I could be wrong but didn't they do 1000 ECLE's first then did the standard after that. If so the standards should be safe as I heard that the first 500 ECLE's were affected . Even if the machine had a 5V board, is it not possible to simply swap the board to the 7.5V buffered or is it not that simple?

They ran both ECLE and Standard at the same time. (opinion only for this next part...) If a distributor ordered 20 LEs and sold them, they then did crazy things like buy 20 more standards, and had the two spots switched. Then they could sell more games while demand was high, but that moved the LE spots back in the queue. So standards could have different boards, and different cabinets depending on when it was built.

And like I said, that swapping spots thing is only my opinion as an external observer. I could be a mile off base.

#921 4 years ago
Quoted from btw75:

I got to Melt the Witch for the second time yesterday but crapped out about as quick as I did last time so I still don't have a dang clue what I'm supposed to do in that mode.

SPOILER ALERT..... SPOILER ALERT..... SPOILER ALERT..... SPOILER ALERT..... Stop reading if you want to figure it out yourself...

So the whole playfield goes green and it spits a second ball out into play. There is a ball saver that activates to let you get your bearings.

There will be shots lit up as white inserts. The first stage is to shoot those inserts and they will turn red.

I'm not sure of the number of them you need, but there is a funny scoring part about this. Shooting a red shot counts towards the number needed, but it is worth less points than the white shots. Most of the time I don't worry about the score, I just want to complete the shots.

After the required shots the castle VUK will light white, so you shoot one of the balls there. That is when the music crescendo starts to happen and the ramp starts flashing. You are now on the clock to make the ramp shot, then the ball goes through the munchkin playfield and drops through to the upper right flipper, at which point you hit the witch and melt her!

Now the music, the lights, and everything about that last section is created to make it difficult to do. The tension rises dramatically after you lock the ball in the castle VUK. And if you don't make the ramp fast enough, it is going to spit it out and you need to be ready for that if it is taking too long to hit the ramp.

I'm not going to describe anything after you make that final shot to melt her. Take my word for it, you don't want to know until you see it for the first time yourself.

END OF SPOILERS, Get after her again.

2 months later
#965 4 years ago
Quoted from DCFAN:

According to the manual page B-22 there is a replay boost setting and there is a score award boost setting. You can turn those to off.

I liked the replay setting boosting for a replay, and set scoring levels for an extra ball. Just because I really liked the replay light show, but didn't want it every game.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
10,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Saco, ME
Machine - For Sale
Milford, CT
$ 50.00
Machine - For Sale
Milford, CT
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball LEDs
$ 40.00
Cabinet - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider daveh.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside