767a905f-f768-44f4-b3e3-b2998967ff3c_text.gif
Photo Mar 30 2024, 5 42 30 PM (resized).jpg
20240316_125739 (resized).jpg
20240314_221748 (resized).jpg
20240314_215727 (resized).jpg
841FD4A1-7C8E-4E32-973D-DD8D05C4902E (resized).png
3D72BC84-0D17-44A1-B683-A17D4B722FF3 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

12 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #1 Key posted, but no summary given Posted by TigerLaw (10 years ago)

Post #2584 Fan Replacement details Posted by bhwolf (7 years ago)

Post #7017 How to tell if your WOZ has 2.0 boards Posted by f3honda4me (5 years ago)

Post #7022 Balls not making it to shooter lane from trough - Fix Posted by LTG (5 years ago)

Post #7126 Location of the latest software update/version Posted by mavantix (5 years ago)

Post #7128 Update 7.01 notes - released April 16, 2019 Posted by thewool (5 years ago)

Post #7752 Fan Replacement how to and links Posted by f3honda4me (4 years ago)

Post #11015 Adjustment advice for the monkey Posted by LTG (3 years ago)

Post #12537 7.03 Code Release Posted by bobukcat (2 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider daditude.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#7985 4 years ago

What are the "must-have" mods for WOZ?
I have a WOZ ecLE with the emerald city mod, witch smoke mod, back alley walls mod, decals, ramp mod, cliffys, leg protectors, and the lighted drop target mod. I definitely want to get the flying monkey too...but what else?

Lighted tree eyes?
WOZ figures?
Any great apron cards?
??

#7988 4 years ago
Quoted from mountaingamer:

Brightbuttons are cool, but the diy is pretty easy also, lighted balloon, and check out the Winkie mod-mod video
[quoted image]

I forgot to mention, but i also already have the winkie mod, but i havent installed it yet. I keep hearing they break easily. Do you know if that is true...or is it just a certain "run" of them?

#7991 4 years ago
Quoted from bobukcat:

The early ones from Modfather or whoever first made them (I can't remember) were notorious for breaking quickly, mine did. The ones that Indy is selling have held up very well, over two years in mine so far.

Im not familiar with indy. Where could i find the Indy one?

#7996 4 years ago
Quoted from wtatumjr:

Use Indy. I've broken 2 of the others

Do you have any pics of them?

I only ask because i have one that came with the pin deal, but i dobt know if it is one of the easily breakable ones or not.

#8002 4 years ago
Quoted from Pinkitten:

I really like the Haunted Forest LED strip that Mezel Mods offers. It adds considerable light to the very dark forest area, and turns it purple. I can see a lot more of the artwork there now, and the left orbit shot through the pops isn't quite so blind. Blades for the inner cab sides are awesome on this pin. I like Tilt Graphics. We added a little plastic bridge over the left sling, and some wooden-looking fence posts along the shooter lane. Looks nice!

Pics or it didn't happen!

#8007 4 years ago

I have put on a few mods (sparkling emerald city, decals, witch and red smoke mod, black out edger for the wizard led) and still have a few more to add (back alley walls, plastic protectors, winkie drop target mod) pics below:

It seems like people enjoy game blades and pinstadium lighting the most, so I will look into those as well.
What game blades are the best looking??

20190703_112404 (resized).jpg20190703_112404 (resized).jpg20190703_112417 (resized).jpg20190703_112417 (resized).jpg20190703_112430 (resized).jpg20190703_112430 (resized).jpg20190703_112709 (resized).jpg20190703_112709 (resized).jpg
#8009 4 years ago
Quoted from DCFAN:

Get a cliffy protector for the edge of your munchkin playfield ASAP. In your picture the denting is very apparent and will start chipping.

Are you talking about this area pictured?

1562173785307750686808 (resized).jpg1562173785307750686808 (resized).jpg
#8015 4 years ago
Quoted from harryhoudini:

Yes! The crystal ball can live![quoted image]

What is that?

#8024 4 years ago

ELCEs are pretty rare, I've seen them easily hit $9000 but depending on the buyer could be more for pristine. If it has the 7.5v boards then maybe take a bit off. RR's go for around $8k depending on use. I'd say there is a range up and down for both models of $1k or so.

What is the ELCE?

#8027 4 years ago
Quoted from pinballinreno:

ECLEWOZ
emerald city limited edition wizard of oz.
Some of us waited years to get one.

I got my acronyms confuused. There seem to be a lot of different woz pins.

Standard, ECLE, YBR, RR...and i heard there are "green" editions. Any others?

#8035 4 years ago

That's correct. The green edition is special and only sold by Automated, I believe.

2 questions:

1) how do i know if i have 2.0 boards? Sorry, im a newb as far as woz goes.

2) what mods do you have on your woz?

#8055 4 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

So the ecle is in the house and it's probably the nicest Pinball machine I've ever seen. As a previous RR owner, this really takes it over the top with the green and wood apron. I'm also a sucker for the topper. The wizard and the fire really had an impact on me when I watched this as a kid... Loved that part.
Although I still don't think it's an amazing shooter, it has enough variety in there and the sounds, music, voices and video clips really are the best jjp has done period. The lighting in this game is pure magic. It's amazing how jjp pulled this game off game 1. Their ability to tell a story and make you feel like you are part of the oz world is crazy. World under glass for sure and it has me shaking my head even more thinking about how Wonka turned out and what it could have been if jjp was still OG JJP.... But then again they might not be in business if they kept that up!
I also never saw the direct print cab in person before buying this version. Wow. Simply wow. It really is a shame they don't do direct print anymore. Gorgeous. This game must have blown people's minds in 2013.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

I firmly believe that the ECLE is by far the best looking woz. Of course, I like my mods on pinballs too...and there are sone great mods for it. Are you planning on doing any modifications?

#8087 4 years ago

I took out the boring Free Play card and put in a custom one. I think it looks much better.

20190708_180633 (resized).jpg20190708_180633 (resized).jpg
1 week later
#8244 4 years ago
Quoted from Utesichiban:

But $11,500 worth of “sweet looking machine”? Is taking the monkey out an upgrade or downgrade? Sounds like a downgrade to me. How do they justify that Price?

YBR is incredibly nice, but I firmly believe the ECLE is the very best version of woz.

#8326 4 years ago

Is anyone attempting a mod to improve or replace the munchkin huts?

#8431 4 years ago
Quoted from Rager170:

Has anyone ever purchased any mods from WOZMODS.com?
I saw this decal package and it seems like a good deal. Just want to make sure the quality is there...
ebay.com link » Complete Wizard Of Oz Pinball Target Decal Set For Woz Standard Le Or 75th Mod
http://wozmods.com/index3.htm

I purchased from them and have had no problems. Go for it!

#8443 4 years ago
Quoted from homegameroom:

Mine has done that a couple of times too. Check the rubber strip at the edge where the ball drops into the trough - i angled mine towards staying in the trough rather than level and hoping it stays in there.

Quoted from Pinballomatic:

It's all usually monkey home microswitch related - if he stops one thread or more too late (travels too far up the hill) the ball hits the round ball guide and spins back off the castle playfield and down. If he stops one or more threads too soon (less common), the ball doesn't make it all the way up to the drop "pocket" and falls down. Adjust the home microswitch accordingly just a tad until he drops it where he is supposed to drop it.

Great advice, gents. Thank you.

#8446 4 years ago
Quoted from mdelorenzo:

After two years or so of having the game I finally melted the witch, sheesh.[quoted image]

Congratulations!!

1 week later
#8516 4 years ago

Anyone have suggestion for fixing pf chipped paint? Do i need primer? What brand of paint? Clearcoat or just wax?

#8523 4 years ago
Quoted from Rager170:

Excellent! Any way to read about what was changed?

I would also like to see a list. Of course, my woz is so awesome...I honestly can't imagine what could be added.

#8588 4 years ago
Quoted from TonyScoots:

Add me to the group! Wow amazing the things JJP put into this machine

It is an amazing machine...one of the best ever made. Enjoy!

#8661 4 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

You might have to wait a little bit, but it shouldn't be long. Call Frank at JJP tomorrow 732-364-9900 ext 1222 and ask. He can tell you how to get on a list.

Awesome. Thank you!

3 weeks later
#8802 4 years ago
Quoted from Pinkitten:

I’ve noticed that too, but during multiball I believe. I can hear a repetitive sound like a clicking, or something firing that I can’t identify. It stops after a few seconds. I’ve never figured it out.

I've never noticed, but I will listen for it next time.

#8823 4 years ago
Quoted from hawkmoon77:

I don't have that mod, but in the past, I've used black nail polish (and other similar things) to paint the sides or bottoms of LEDs to make them more directional.

Left over from your goth days?

3 weeks later
#9104 4 years ago

Has anyone made munchkin house mods yet? I keep hearing they are coming, but I haven't seen them.

#9116 4 years ago
Quoted from DCFAN:

First impression is chocolate cupcakes.

Here is a screenshot pic:

Screenshot_20191013-171847~2 (resized).pngScreenshot_20191013-171847~2 (resized).png
1 month later
#9400 4 years ago

Is gouveia the only one making a monkey mod?
Any leads on another maker or place to get them?

#9402 4 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Gouveia is the Only monkey mod you should Want! Great things take time. Trust me its worth it and my guess is he will be making another run soon enough. Personally feel its More then worth the wait.

His is certainly great, but I'm not sure if I will ever get one at this point. I am willing to seek out all avenues.

If anyone has a lead on a monkey mod, please let me know.

#9410 4 years ago

I have the which, but I definitely want the monkey...not enough to pay that much though.

#9451 4 years ago
Quoted from apinballwiz:

Hey guys,
I have a brand new unopened monkey mod that I'm thinking about letting go - I really don't mind the stock one as much as i thought I did. Please PM me if interested and/or with offer. Thanks!

#9453 4 years ago
Quoted from darkryder:

Who sells the cute little shoes with socks that go in front of the spinning house?
[quoted image]

They are in the house and pop out. Do you need a replacement?

#9459 4 years ago
Quoted from Ericpinballfan:

The door opens to expose crushed legs and shoes. Go to tests, its in there, house test?

I tested it a few months ago.
Here is a thread that might help:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/woz-calibrating-house

#9461 4 years ago
Quoted from darkryder:

Lol, I’m a schmuck...I never knew those legs popped out during spinning house modes. I ran the house test and sure enough, they pop out! I need to play this game more, thanks guys[quoted image]

Lol. That's ok. If you ask how to take the PF glass out, however, we will start heckling you.

#9481 4 years ago
Quoted from BENETNATH:

Hello,
I finally got a nice woz in my collection
I fixed the monkey by tightening the screws on the black plastic thing that seems not so robust.
The machine is a pro, done on June 18th 2014
What are the things I need to look at? I red that some had issues with undersized power supply or fuse?
Is there any tutorial to remove the buzzing noise produced by backbox speakers?
Anyway, I'm in love with it!!

Show it off with some pics!

1 week later
#9541 4 years ago
Quoted from HEAD_boss_HOG:

just got WOZ ECLE. this game rocks. I really enjoy it. happy to join the club.
whats most awesome is, this is the FIRST pinball game my kids really are attracted to. it seems like the soundtrack and lights really make them excited to play. finally, a pin my kids will play with me for hours. They will always remember playing WOZ.
so very impressed with the build quality and feel of the game. jjp really builds sturdy pins; Very sturdy. i have a Wonka as well, and i am thrilled with that.
what is amazing is that WOZ is actually a 2012 machine. it seems like it was released yesterday. while the callouts get pretty repetitive, the game still has MUCHO staying power in my home collection. this game is not going anywhere.

Nice pick up. The ECLE is the best version.

Any pics??

You gotta show it off!

1 month later
#9645 4 years ago

Someone just put a bunch of WOZ mods on eBay (tornado, witches walls, toto in basket, lighting kit, etc.)

#9660 4 years ago
Quoted from LukyDuck:

I didn’t know there were two different versions. I like the sound of the flickering one, but would be interested in both at this point.

I mentioned this a few posts up, but there is a guy selling a TON of WOZ mods on eBay...for cheap. Including the flickering light hot air balloon.

#9699 4 years ago

Anyone making a munchkin house mod or another monkey mod?

2 weeks later
#9806 4 years ago

My pants are getting tight for some reason.
[quoted image][quoted image]

Yes!!

2 months later
#10119 4 years ago
Quoted from Kkoss24:

I haven’t had any hobbies last 12 years work 2 jobs . Don’t wanna be weird but pinball has giving me a feeling havnt had in a long time.Im excited about this for sure but I understand there’s slot to learn n the challenge is what is reviving me!!

It's a great hobby, for sure.

The real question is...have you picked out what your next pin will be yet?

#10144 4 years ago
Quoted from johnnyutah:

Does anyone know if the new run of Ruby Red machines have made it to distributors?

I believe my local distributer ( FUN! Mesquite) has them

2 weeks later
#10261 3 years ago
Quoted from Noma2017:

I have a Wonka CE (my only game). Would you recommend WOZ YBR, DI LE or Pirates LE for another machine. I love Wonka and have a two kids aged 6 and 9.

I have 3 kids and many, many other friends with kids. My advice is DONT buy a pin strictly for kids. They are fickle and lose interest quickly...regardless of what it is or the initial coolness factor.

As far as the games go...I actually think the ECLE WOZ is hands down the best, if you can find one.
POTC is incredible...but very pricey. You could get a DI and a WOZ for about the same price.
DI is my least favorite of the bunch. The theme isnt that great for many and even some find it annoying. I dont feel that it will age well either.

#10266 3 years ago
Quoted from Rager170:

Curous why you would say ECLE is best but the RR comes with all the toys in it?

The coloring, backglass, and topper are all far better on the ECLE.
The wood apron and direct print cabinet are awesome on the ECLE.
I dont like the Toto in the basket. I think it looks cheap.
Lollipop rainbow targets are cool, but you can buy them for cheap...so why pay thousands more?
I will admit that the 2.0 boards are favored by most, but i know people that have had problems with them and people with the earlier boards with zero problems...and from what i understand...you can find each of the boards on both models anyway.

2 weeks later
#10358 3 years ago
Quoted from Jazz_Jack:

Congrats, I just took delivery of #160
I find this game very difficult compared to The Hobbit. Maybe just need to get used to the lower score system and shorter games.

It's harder. No question.

Screenshot_20200521-151905 (resized).pngScreenshot_20200521-151905 (resized).png
#10361 3 years ago
Quoted from adol75:

Darn 258 millions ! How is that even possible ? I could do it if I put rubbers on the outlanes !

I scored less than half that, and it was incredibly difficult. My best score to date, though, by a large margin. It took over an hour. My hands were hurting.

#10368 3 years ago
Quoted from Doctor6:

How. What on earth?
I don't mean to offend, but I feel you're pissing down my back and telling me it's raining. The top 4 scores for this game, the only believable one is number four at over 7 million. And that's the only one with a pic for proof.

For instance, this video is from an AMAZING player. He's a member here. This game was an hour and did about 5 mil. His high score list shows upwards of 9 mil. How on effing earth did you get that high? I'd love to see you stream a game so I can see what voodoo magic is at work.

Yep, picture or it didnt happen.

Quoted from adol75:

My avg. game time per WOZ log is 17mn (on 1500 games so far), my longest game was around 30 minutes and I still ended below 1 million points.
I'm still playing to complete modes and not so much with score in mind but my best games had multiple multiballs at once and a munchkin mode.
Do you keep going at stacking modes to reach this type of score in so little time ? Or am I missing some secret scoring.

Quoted from pinheadpierre:

My best score is 3.2 million and change. Lots of huge mode stacking. Easily over a half hour of “work”. I don’t think an extra half hour of awesome would increase my score fifty fold.

Quoted from LukyDuck:

Yes, stacking stacking and stacking. That will bring up the multipliers. Set up the rescue multiball, crystal ball and EC multiball then start rescue along with the others once it gets going. Then keep it in play as long as possible.
I have made a 3 million score, two 2 million scores and the rest are in the 1 million range just below 2 million.
My games run anywhere from 20-40 min’s. I start getting tired around 20-30 mins and need to take a short break to rest my hands. I have messed up wrists which don’t help when I get a long game.

I think the 119 mil and above scores are fake.
The very best players get 5-8 mil per hour maybe a little more.
120 mil game would be 16-20 hours or so, do the math. a 250 mil game? yeah right lol.
Its fake if theres no pic, along with all the other near scores in the top 8.
I expect to see 80, 90, 100 105, 110 115, 119 mil etc in the high score list.
A guy posted 12 mil on hobbit, his prior scores in the list didnt break 1 mil lol.
So, let me see the ladder up to this score, or it didnt happen.
I watched @pinballgoddes hit 7.7 mil and was shocked. The game was a little more than 100 minutes.
She was exhausted when done.
Her ladder shows the progression.
We all know a fake score when we see it lol. Good times all around...
Pinside is fun!

Stacking, a lot of Luck, extra balls, huge multiball scoring. Everything essentially has to be perfect. I don't think there is any other way.

I'm sure there are some other big scores out there that haven't been shared. Unfortunately, that is one of the corners of pinside that people don't always contribute to.

#10370 3 years ago

Lol! I was looking back to see what everyone was so floored by, and I realized I accidentally added a number. I fixed it since, but my score was 13 mil, not 113 mil. I was reading the others as 21mil and 25mil!!

My score was still very good and I'm sure that are are others up there that haven't been shared, but I agree...im not sure it's possible to get more than 20-30 million. If there is a way, I don't know it and I've never heard of it.

#10407 3 years ago
Quoted from Kkoss24:

So I’m new!!! I’m so damn happy she’s in her place...Ryan from CGC and Jesse were over early today n dialed me in!!! Can’t say enough bout these guys if your in area n need help this is the tag team!!!!Contact me I’ll set u up w them .. Anyway my scores are weak I know but after they set up downstairs and straightened out plays like a far superior machine than what we were playing when I set up temporarily in kitchen.....Ryan’s checking on a couple things after that I’m golden couldn’t be happier !!!Im 1/2 way to second pin $ wise and I know what it is..So I asked before ,but got nothing ,here’s a second effort what was your first pin n do you still have it? I’m so exited first one n now I know what a dialed in professional Balcer and team machine plays like I’m outta my skin...4th best day of my life behind 2 kids born n marriage to wife(gotta cover myself boys!).
[quoted image][quoted image]

What pin are you getting next?

1 month later
#10849 3 years ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

Man I’m having a hard time removing back glass to access the back box , don’t u just turn the key and lift the translite up ? It doesn’t even budge any help ?

I've had this happen on a couple of pins. Either it is getting stuck to the paint, the trim doesn't fit well, the lock isn't turning properly, or there is some type of debris blocking it.

Make sure the key fully turns. You can use graphite if it isn't.
Try gently sliding one side of the BG upwards, and then try the other side.
You can also try sliding the BG left or right...very gently, of course.

If it is debris, you can take a hand-vac and go around the edges to suck up any wood, glass, etc.

1 month later
#11017 3 years ago

Yup. Just printed what I hope is the final. Testing paint scheme and possible lighting

Pm me when you are getting a list together. I'm interested.

1 year later
#13060 2 years ago
Quoted from meSz:

It’s not for WoZ

The 21 monkeys he currently has are for WoZ, but the next mod is for another pin from what I understand.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Lighting - Led
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 395.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

Machine - For Sale
St. Clair Shores, MI
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 43.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 199.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

9,300 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Santa Maria, CA
$ 130.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

Wanted
$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Stephenson, VA
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 115.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 345.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 5.00
$ 16.95
$ 24.75
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider daditude.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/woz-fan-club-members-only?tu=daditude and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.