New! Dark mode!

Browsing Pinside at night? Getting tired of all the white? Switch to dark mode using the button in the top right (or CTRL-B)!

(Topic ID: 87617)

WOZ Fan Club - members only

By TigerLaw

6 years ago

Topic Stats

• 11,554 posts
  • 584 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 hour ago by TZBen
  • Topic is favorited by 273 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 1,574 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

20201128_172134 (resized).jpg
3E0B2075-4ED2-4F6A-B035-3F59FF4D42CC (resized).jpeg
BB721860-F2EB-4BAB-B2A8-3C099FC17E28 (resized).jpeg
0AB972F6-1DCC-419E-B3F1-E7E9C2697F91 (resized).jpeg
DSC00404 (resized).JPG
DSC00403 (resized).JPG
72567682-81D0-4DA8-B44F-8A7B0FF968EF (resized).png
IMG_0437 (resized).JPG
IMG_0436 (resized).JPG
965A880A-E937-4EA7-A96A-337698286E3E (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
F6033553-5780-4BF6-8B81-2F0099525030 (resized).jpeg
0E64DC32-8E98-4C1C-8B9B-8B8BF93378E3 (resized).jpeg
a0f6cd6b47c51df14b75efb9c0dbe3eac6fd3c84 (resized).jpg
A45F5768-2A56-4661-B7D7-5B3A47FD2A37 (resized).jpeg
WOZ Old GI Single RGB LED bd revisions (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

9 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #1 Key posted, but no summary given Posted by TigerLaw (6 years ago)

Post #2584 Fan Replacement details Posted by bhwolf (4 years ago)

Post #7017 How to tell if your WOZ has 2.0 boards Posted by f3honda4me (1 year ago)

Post #7022 Balls not making it to shooter lane from trough - Fix Posted by LTG (1 year ago)

Post #7126 Location of the latest software update/version Posted by mavantix (1 year ago)

Post #7128 Update 7.01 notes - released April 16, 2019 Posted by thewool (1 year ago)

Post #7752 Fan Replacement how to and links Posted by f3honda4me (1 year ago)

Post #11015 Adjustment advice for the monkey Posted by LTG (3 months ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider coz6.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1924 4 years ago

So I just rejoined - I had a preorder in 2013 never took delivery and sold it for Metallica LE now I find myself selling a non delivered GB to repurchase a woz LE.

1 week later
#1990 4 years ago

Just joined

1473530788792-1316014238 (resized).jpg

#2033 4 years ago

So in my game pindeption is an option is that the ticket software or something else?

#2040 4 years ago
Quoted from capguntrooper:

Yes something you can purchase through JJP

It's selectable is that normal? Just wondering if I have a free add on

1 year later
#4436 3 years ago
Quoted from WackyBrakke:

First thing I did Sunday morning was update to 6.5, both issues happened since then.

I am with you off behavior in 6.5 after update sent a msg to JJ about this today. Freeze and won't boot right after update for the first game only.

4 weeks later
#4470 3 years ago
Quoted from tomypin:

I´m in beautiful Game Number 1415 build on 1. Feb. 2017, love it.

Congrats on a great purchase

#4471 3 years ago

Love this game but the light board problem makes me insane sometimes. All upgraded to version 2 of version one and still have them go out random - home use it's frustrating. I just wanted to play tonight and nope under the hood. Rant complete

#4473 3 years ago

Not version 2.0 - buffered but not the latest system they have. I think they did three versions of light boards. Version 1 version 2 was a slight upgrade and version 3 buffered version 4 is WOZ 2.0. I have the third version I forgot about the other slight change they made.

IMG_20171104_075536601 (resized).jpg

#4476 3 years ago
Quoted from lschmidlin:

I posted this on the JJP Facebook site – but was worth sharing with my brotheren here!
Again, more innovation that just blows me away. I was working on the machine and noticed that the playfield lights are coordinated with the logo images. Crazy.

Never ending cool amazing stuff they do - they are a company of amazing detail even the bolts are painted to match

#4482 3 years ago
Quoted from rai:

I’ve just started to experience this the ball lock will allow two balls to be released instead of one, guess that’s an adjustment setting and finally just started to have the monkey come down to capture the ball even if it’s not locked on the magnet (ball never made it to the top magnet).

I find that the metal gets bent and you will eventually run out of adjustment room and have to bend the mech back into place every 200 or so plays.

#4483 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinballomatic:

And the 2.0 upgrade kit is coming soon also

Fantastic but still around 2k?

#4486 3 years ago
Quoted from bobukcat:

What metal part are you talking about? This doesn't sound normal to me.

The small plate under the coil stop works most of the time but the other day had to bend the entire assembly down to get balls to lock. LTG pointed out this fix a few years ago with regards to the coil bracket.

#4490 3 years ago
Quoted from Georgeh:

Since update twice when I turned on woz no lights worked at all had to restart the machine then they worked again . Is this a common issue mine is one of the first machines

Something has gotten a little funky with the last update and early woz having startup issues as well yours is different then what I and another are experiencing but something changed for the worse but the witch works so much better I can't imagine rolling back.

#4500 3 years ago
Quoted from Nokoro:

My drop target switch was missing a tiny, tiny, tiny screw that caused it to loosen and no longer work. It was an easy adjustment once I found a replacement tiny, tiny, tiny screw.

Second this it backed out of my friends.

#4512 3 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Yes. The kits will be available soon. I need to be prepared if anyone needs help. Butch Peel has done a good job with instructions. So I don't think there will be many calls.
LTG : )

can't wait - my game has been plauged from the inception don't love shelling out the money but love that a fix is in works.

1 week later
#4551 3 years ago
Quoted from dirtbag66:

One of my castle doors was sticking, so I decided to remove the castle playfield and see what was going on. Was able to finally tighten it up and it works great now, but in the process of unplugging all the connectors I broke one tiny wire off on board #13. It's one of the five wires in J101, I believe which is the "IN" connector (if I'm reading it correctly).
Now about 80% of my playfield lights are out (all near the bottom portion of the playfield). Am I to believe that this is happening because all the boards are chained together, so if one has an issue, all of the boards beyond that one on the chain will no longer work? And if I fix the connection, the lights will work again?
Thanks in advance for any advice!

You have this correct.

#4558 3 years ago
Quoted from rai:

recall my ball lock issue, well I just found out that the upper slingshot rubber was broken and may have been interfering with the ball lock switch in some way? Is it hard to replace the upper rubber and is there a preferred replacement that lasts longer?

My understanding is it's a huge pain you have to pull the mini playfield so superbands are the way to go.

4 weeks later
#4767 2 years ago

So excited to see the code update that fixes the frozen screen just wow wow wow support thank you Keith and team JJ. Can't wait to buy my next JJ

#4816 2 years ago
Quoted from 27dnast:

I updated to 6.6 and the witch instantly stopped registering hits.
?
Is this a code thing, or do I need to lift the hood and re-adjust the switches?

my witch has been working fine since 6.6

2 months later
#5146 2 years ago
Quoted from billsfanmd:

Woz lock ups. I will say first that Frank at JJP has been great. Spoken several times and we are starting to troubleshoot random lock ups and reboots. Sometimes game can be on 30 min and in attract mode other times right when I turn it on....sometimes it will try and reboot other times its just dead.
He sent me some bulletins and I am starting with my power supply since I have the smaller L9 component.
Just brainstorming some ideas what has caused other people to have random lock ups and what solved it???
Don't think its the monitor board as we had it off on one of my first tests when it locked up. I checked and it seems all connections are tight.
I have a 2015 build with 7.5v boards. He sees no previous repair tix so the game seems to have been playing well in the past.
Thx for any ideas...

Zero chance this is it but have to ask you on the latest code it fixed lockups but should only affect early versions but like I said had to ask (had same problem until last code addressed this)

#5198 2 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Does potc use different rgb gi lighting than the new rrwoz? Just wondering as woz isnt very bright? If its different can woz be fitted with the potc rgb gi?

I have a Hobbit and it's bright woz has the problems of a first game from a new company on one hand it's insanely overkill with playfield and software but has the GI issue and light board problems. I have not played the new game but they can obtain any lighting they want. Worst case pinstadium has fixed this issue for sure so you can get any effect you want.

2 months later
#5436 2 years ago

Finally made it to the Melt The Witch mini mode had it for just as long as the ball save lasts zero hits a quick death but finally starting to make some progress on this game - the darn rescue multiple mode is definitely my weekness on getting there practice practice practice - what a min rush

1 month later
#5714 2 years ago
Quoted from lschmidlin:

Darn throne room LED. Have had the game a year and a half and just ordered my third one from JJP.
Any reason this particular LED strip keeps going out and/or any best practices to keep it working? Thanks!

I have found that my light board problems are directly mostly related to me - working on The game with power on - basically not treating it like a game with static sensitive issues but not always sometimes the game just wants to be a first gen. I would follow the mist and shine recommendation and never having the glass off and power on

1 week later
#5789 2 years ago
Quoted from Soulrider911:

Hey guys about to order some cliffy’s for my woz but good lord... there is like a massive amount of options. I was thinking vuks, drop target and shooter lane... any suggestions? Cheers

The munchkin playfield is a must. The others are not needed on my opinion

2 months later
#6123 2 years ago

So my WOZ is down --- no signal used the reset button to get it back in action once, but it died mid game play, reset button did not bring it back to life. Tried a full install on a memorex 32 GB new flash drive and the machine is still not booting, getting one error about a file overriding when doing the extraction (will make a note of it next time) so basically, when hitting the reset button all led's flash but the fan stops after only making a small rotation on the CPU board. Any suggestions?

#6125 2 years ago
Quoted from pinballinreno:

Sounds like a bad SSD drive in the game.
Use a proven usb flash drive to mount the image. Kingston 8gb have never let me down.
Do a complete and total power fail before you start reinstalling.

Please explain more - not sure how to do any of that outside purchase a Kingston

#6127 2 years ago

Sounds like a bad SSD drive in the game.
Use a proven usb flash drive to mount the image. Kingston 8gb have never let me down.
Do a complete and total power fail before you start reinstalling.

Are you suggesting that I do the image on the Kingston per JJ instruction but just with a known working flash drive brand? What is "a Do a complete and total power fail before you start reinstalling" thanks for the suggestion

#6129 2 years ago

Dud you replace the SSD drive inside the game?
It might be bad or going bad.

Not yet but I can - what I find concerning is the CPU does not seem to be booting up enough to even run the flash drive for a new install the light on the flash drive is only half powered before it stops I tried a keyboard to see if I could hit f2 and same issue the keyboard has no power

#6132 2 years ago

Try unplugging the cable to the USB flash drive from the back of the computer, then plug the usb flash drive directly into the computer where the cable was.
Does the usb flash drive boot?
Its possible that the cable is bad.

I did try a direct plugin - the USB does not boot. I'll have the Kingston drive on Wed

#6133 2 years ago
Quoted from KingBW:

When was your WOZ built? If more than 5 years ago, could it be the motherboard battery? That reminds me ... I need to look up that procedure and replace that.

Also tried that yes older than 5 years old pinside did say many times only replace when machine is powered on - but if it fails and battery is low you should be able to get into the bios with F2 - replaced battery after all other steps were failing

The battery does seem logical because the game would not boot and it had been off a bit but reset button fixed it only when the game died mid play could it not rebboot

2 weeks later
#6189 2 years ago

Yes there is a small connector way at the end of the playfield, right near the rear edge that if disconnected, the game wont start.

Good info my game is still dead and wondering what to do. Was going to call support again as othet methods are not working at all can't get the keyboard to even get power. That connector?
1540172991632392229557712384085 (resized).jpg

#6195 2 years ago
Quoted from avspin:

Your photo is on the playfield. The wire I was referring to is on the back of the back inside of the cabinet. Where the power cord comes in from the outside.

Thanks I knew I was off but not sure where to look

1 month later
#6360 1 year ago

Generally CPU does not go bad.
I would check my power supply and connections.
If in doubt, pull the mainboard out.
Put it on a worktable, plug in a monitor, keyboard and mouse.
Plug in a standard ATX power supply, briefly jumper the power switch pins.
It should boot to the cmos.
If not, troubleshoot from there it's easier than in the game.
Clear the cmos by jumper or removing battery.
Bad RAM will keep it from booting, so put them in one at a time.

Wow you just saved me a ton of problems. Been fighting a dead woz for a bit finally after your post I looked at the ram and yup I unseated it trying to fix a power issue that you might have told me to get a tester for an sure enough tons of pain for a stupid loose connection thanks pinside!

#6361 1 year ago

Woz won't boot and you don't get the back glass lights look to me before tearing into your problems.

15439848473053723919317933447608 (resized).jpg
#6368 1 year ago

Does anybody who has pinstadiums have a good picture of how to connect the GI lights I have tried a few times with the company but I just don't understand - I have them on but they don't interact with the game very well thanks

#6376 1 year ago

Prior to 2.0 thanks all for the pointers I'll give it a try again

1 month later
#6537 1 year ago
Quoted from darkryder:

OK. I'll look into getting a replacement Rainbow lamp board. Thanks

a WTB might also work this board can be expensive those that have done the conversion for a 2.0 kit might come off the old board for a ton less than what you will pay JJ. I got an entire game set for the cost of one big board. This board is 219.99 plus shipping ouch

#6550 1 year ago
Quoted from imagamejunky:

Questions and a request..
I’ve got the very dim green led issue with the strip under the Wizard/throne room acrylic. I’ve read that you guys have just replaced the led strip as long as you have 12v at the plug. Is this a continually occurring problem? I’m wondering if I should order a few, especially considering that the shipping from JJP is high.
Last night in the middle of a game my backglass monitor blacked out/powered down. The game continued as normal. I went through the machine and found no loose connectors. After powering back on, the issue hasn’t returned. I’ve seen the exact same thing happen twice before on my DI a long time ago. Have any of you seen this? I didn’t remember to look at the crystal ball to see if it was off as well.
I haven’t seen many posts/pics of WOZs with sideart/blades/mirrors. I’m already biased because I put sideart or mirrors on all of my pins. Would some of you please post some clear pics of yours with what ever you chose?
Thanks in advance

I would make my own Green LED strips buy the bulk roll from Amazon and you will be good for a billion years. From those I have read they continue to fail and a roll is like $18.00, easy enough to make that strip but I have not had to do so yet.

2 weeks later
#6613 1 year ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Back in the club!! A long time ago I had a WOZ standard which was sooo much nicer than my other games (players TAF and TZ) that I was intimidated by it. A few years have passed and I am super happy to be back in the club.
One issue I am having right now though is- the game is always spitting out 2 balls into the shooter lane. It is really weird, and makes the game virtually unplayable because as soon as i drain, the ball ends, yet the second ball comes rolling along a second or two later. It’s like the game doesn’t realise the second ball is there at all.
The trough optos seem to be working ok (though i am not sure how to test them beyond just tripping the light beam), and the shooter lane switch is working ok.
Sometimes I can leave the ball in the shooter lane for a while and nothing happens, but as soon as I plunge, a second ball is dropped into the shooter lane. So what gives? Connectors to the trough have been checked, switches / optos are ok in test.

So a plunge / upkick of a ball does create a large amount of vibration I would go I to test switch and with glass off give the game a few pounds and see if anything triggers and resolve the flaky switch or optic pound around apron area

1 week later
#6718 1 year ago
Quoted from apinballwiz:

Had this same problem. Cleaned the audio plugs with rubbing alcohol and crimped them a little for a tighter connection, problem hasn't come back.

Yes but on old code you on the latest?

1 month later
#6906 1 year ago
Quoted from bobukcat:

The Munchkin mini playfield is the one you MUST have some kind of edge protection for, trust me the ball WILL hit it and it will chip the edge! If you don't want to put the cliffy on at least get some mylar strips and apply them over the top edge of that playfield or you will be sorry you didn't.

Mylar is not going to work, this thing takes a licking and does stop ticking. Please for the love of the playfield get an edge protector.

#6922 1 year ago
Quoted from RPZ:

Hi Guys,
About to get my hands on a Resue Edition here in Australia and have started to get some mods.
I really like the castle and also the tornado, however I’m concerned that the tornado may actually cover up the castle? What you guys think? I can’t really see, many pictures from the players point of view.
Also, looking for a witch replacement (as original one isn’t that great) I know there were some people that made some different models, but seems like no one sells them anymore. Anyone here with a spare one they would consider selling to me?
Thank guys!

So I have the tornado and have never thought of it as an obstruction fits well for the size, I would get it.

#6986 1 year ago
Quoted from fnosm:

I am having an issue where at normal settings the characters voices are barely audible. All other sounds are clear and beautiful. Any ideas on solutions to this issue?

Or remove the factory noise filter and plug directly and replace with the Amazon one mentioned a ton

4 months later
#8600 1 year ago
Quoted from gmanrulz46:

my woz i have had since 2015, sound board issues low voices for about 3 years... replaced sound board with new one bought new loop wire that attaches to pink connector same issues occur right now i have to press down on wire for it to work but cannot keep it down......anyone else have this issue very annoying feel like getting rid of it..............

Get rid of the loop wire see if the issues goes away. Then go with a different brand if you got your loop wires from JJ. I had nothing but problems on my WOZ when I had that brand in went with a different one and never a problem again.

1 month later
#8908 1 year ago

So I have the PinStadiums on my machine, and upgraded to 7.01, they kept resetting back to factory settings, you could see them dim get and turn off and on during the game when they should not have. Tried going to new lights for control and the behavior did not change. Upgraded to 7.02 and sure enough the problem went away. I have an early build sharing for anybody else having this problem.

#8912 1 year ago
Quoted from BigT:

My WOZ will not boot up I get stuck with this screen. Any help will be greatly appreciated.[quoted image]

I think you need to replace your CR2032 battery in the CPU, but you will need to attached a keyboard and Hit F1. This is from what I remember a sign that the battery is going bad. Instruction in the manual on how to replace it so you don't loose your settings, or have other problems.

#8919 1 year ago
Quoted from bobukcat:

Yep, almost certainly a dead battery causing that error. Should be no need to reload software afterwards.

Can't you replace the battery and then hit the Reset button provided you have one as well? Its been a few years since I had this problem but I did not need a keyboard attached once I got my issues fixed.

6 months later
#10079 7 months ago
Quoted from Jamwin:

Hi All,
Question, is there a way to increase the volume for the dialogue call-outs? The sounds are loud but whenever there is any of the characters talking it is barely noticeable. When you start a game and the witch laughs, you can barely hear it. I went into the sound settings but didn't appear to find anything that would fix it. I just updated the code and that didn't help either. I am wondering if there is a lose speaker wire or something but I have the worst luck troubleshooting things on my own and usually end up making issues worse so wanted to throw this out to the masses to see if there is anything I am missing. Thanks in advance.

Pull the ground loop out of the mix speech should go back to normal, then purchase another one from anybody outside of JJ they respectfully did not get a good brand in, they fail often.

#10092 7 months ago
Quoted from Jamwin:

Thanks so much for your help. So, I disconnected the 3.5mm cable from the port going into the metal box, and disconnected the ground isolator, went to plug it all back, then realized there are 3 3.5mm ports, green blue and pink and i didn't look before i plugged it back in so then there was no sound at all. lol. so i plugged everything back in, including the isolator, it worked. lol go figure.
I thought since the port in the metal box was pink, i thought it should plug into the 3.5mm pink port leading into the box but it worked when i plugged it into the blue port.
either way, it appears to be working an wouldn't have figured it out without your help so thank you so much. stay safe out there!

Be prepared for this to happen again and with more frequency if not excellent but if it happens again and moving the wires does not help toss the issiolaton device and replace - trust me I almost killed woz over this issue.

#10101 7 months ago
Quoted from harryhoudini:

Did anyone hear anything about the "horse with a different color" collection on ball launch bug? I thought someone had said a while back that this was a known bug and being fixed. Any update?

Last code update fixed this issue.

1 month later
#10556 5 months ago
Quoted from jasonbar:

Anybody have any reviews of this product?
I've always found this game in its stock state to already be chock full of features & toys & stuff, so I have interest in very few of the mods out there, especially the cosmetic-only mods.
But this functional mod sounds attractive & useful, so I'm curious to see what users think.
Thanks,
-Jason

I would give it a negative review I found the cut marks to make some of it less clear then the OG. Angling was not as easy as I would think you have to balance bet the ramp and your line of sight.

1 month later
#10908 4 months ago
Quoted from eb94114:

Lloyd, I finally got around to putting some 3-in-1 oil on the shaker where you suggested. Unfortunately, I still get the high-pitched squeaking/whining sound. I get that same sound even if I just manually move the shaker around a revolution or two. Any other thoughts on what I might try? Thanks.

I had this and adjusted the counter weight a bit and that removed it for me. Well does it exist yes but is going to drive you nuts nope.

4 weeks later
#11002 3 months ago
Quoted from Rager170:

I get that but i wouldnt be a fan of my lights not working in the future..

To me I hate having a game just go bad all the time. I have lots of boards but I am under the hood at all the wrong times.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 40.00
Cabinet - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 12.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
$ 279.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider coz6.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside