image (resized).jpg
767a905f-f768-44f4-b3e3-b2998967ff3c_text.gif
Photo Mar 30 2024, 5 42 30 PM (resized).jpg
20240316_125739 (resized).jpg
20240314_221748 (resized).jpg
20240314_215727 (resized).jpg
841FD4A1-7C8E-4E32-973D-DD8D05C4902E (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

12 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #1 Key posted, but no summary given Posted by TigerLaw (10 years ago)

Post #2584 Fan Replacement details Posted by bhwolf (7 years ago)

Post #7017 How to tell if your WOZ has 2.0 boards Posted by f3honda4me (5 years ago)

Post #7022 Balls not making it to shooter lane from trough - Fix Posted by LTG (5 years ago)

Post #7126 Location of the latest software update/version Posted by mavantix (5 years ago)

Post #7128 Update 7.01 notes - released April 16, 2019 Posted by thewool (5 years ago)

Post #7752 Fan Replacement how to and links Posted by f3honda4me (4 years ago)

Post #11015 Adjustment advice for the monkey Posted by LTG (3 years ago)

Post #12537 7.03 Code Release Posted by bobukcat (2 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider chalkup8.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#4339 6 years ago

Congrats on getting Woz rr

It was my first choice of recent titles to pick from.The theme and integration is so well done.

#4342 6 years ago
Quoted from WyseGuy:

My white rubber by the multiplier snapped this morning. New one on the way. Can it play in the meantime? Bad idea?

I played no more than 20 games new out of the box and mine snapped. Put a TAF slingshot rubber there to replace it.Pretty close fit to the Woz rubber.

#4356 6 years ago
Quoted from psexton:

"Shoot that steer with speed"

I thought it said 'Shoot that steed" as in a horse.

2 months later
#4798 6 years ago

Pimp 77 - did you mention the 'sparkles' are back with the latest update?

Why were they taken away? It's a nice effect.

1 week later
#4895 6 years ago
Quoted from woody76:

Picking up a 2.0 ruby red in the morning. Been wanting a WOZ for years, so really looking forward to it. I hope it's a long term addition like dialed in.

I've had WOZ RR for 4 months. After getting to know the game I think it's fantastic! I'm still on the fence with Dialed In.

The ball times on DI look too long to me and I'm not a good player. That kickback needs to be disabled or activated sparingly.

I can never see Woz leaving.I'd like to think the same if I got a DI here at home too.

The quality and finish on JJP games is outstanding.

#4944 6 years ago
Quoted from mountaingamer:

I’m hoping for some clarity with what your talking about.

Quoted from mountaingamer:

Your just not clear with your assertion since when asked by delt if your talking about the outhole being the issue, you say yes to the left of the triangle insert.... makes no sense.... which is it?

Thank you mountaingamer I'm a new Woz owner NIB and was confused about the mini playfield chipping.I see clearly now Cliffy on the way.

1 month later
#5086 6 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Thinking of just moving the outlanes in as they are like a vaccum.

I moved the toto post in a notch and it would hardly ever lose a ball that way.It doesn't look like much adjustment,but it made a big difference on my game.The post is back to the centre notch now.

#5120 6 years ago

Could someone please direct me to where I can get some 12 volt led's for the spot lights on Woz.

Is there a super bright wide angle available or something similar?

Thanks.

#5124 6 years ago

Thanks LTG
They seem to have a nice range of 12 volt DC options.

1 week later
#5164 6 years ago
Quoted from Bos98:

Gave my standard a little upgrade.

Very nice! Now put a munchkin playfield protector on there.

1 month later
#5349 6 years ago

If I get the 10 Yellow brick roads,extra ball is lit at the throne room.Why don't I get the EB when making the shot?

I'm looking at the settings for adjustments ,but not seeing it.

Thanks Matt.

#5358 6 years ago

Thanks for your help Woz fans.

The Wizard Mystery extra ball memory was turned off.I mucked around too much with the settings when I first got the game 7 months ago.

I was getting a call out from the game saying something like 'I think you have lit the extra ball,but I'm not sure'

#5360 6 years ago
Quoted from Pinbear:

Got my WOZ 75th 2.0 replacement today.

Congrats! Get a munchkin playfield edge protector for it.It will chip near the ramp entry.

1 month later
#5492 5 years ago
Quoted from merccat:

The game is such a masterpiece

Quoted from Skyemont:

It truly is a Masterpiece

I agree with merccat Skyemont masterpiece!

I've had my WOZ 75 for nine months.First nib for me and an ideal theme.I've had a couple of light boards go out in that time and the oz lane slingshot rubber broke early,but have had some really helpful local support and supply on rectifying these problems.

I'm really enjoying the crystal ball targets.The way they mostly get hit from the right slingshot.A first time last night was a skill shot award from those targets for 10 k,didn't know about that!
WOZ is one of the last machines I'll ever let go.I wish JJP every success into the future.

1 week later
#5596 5 years ago
Quoted from monte_:

I got this from jjp to reduce buzzing/humming noise on machine. Can anyone tell me Where I install this or a link to instructions on how to install it thanks

Did you get it sorted Monte ?

With some help from JJP I just fitted mine.

Lift off the lid from the big silver box in the cabinet. Look for the smallest board in there.It has a PINK connector at the top left of that board.Unplug the male connector and run it through your ground loop isolator and back to the pink connector.Couple of cable ties to neaten it all up and your done.
Works like a charm.No more annoying buzzing sound.

#5598 5 years ago
Quoted from monte_:

Is it better to open the big silver box and do it like you just said?

Steve from JJP explained via email to do it that way. I have zero buzzing from doing it as he said.

#5606 5 years ago
Quoted from monte_:

I called jersey jack and did it just like that. Thanks.

My pleasure.JJP are very helpful all round.

5 months later
#6271 5 years ago
Quoted from adol75:

During that time JJP support has been nothing but awesome which in the long run is what really matters.

I can vouch for that !! Bought NIB Aug 2017 WOZ 75.

Four light boards failed.OZ lane sling rubber broke early.Right castle door not opening.Speaker hum fix(local $12 part from electronics store Jaycar)

Once I worked through those bugs with the friendly help from JJP, the game has been solid.I love stepping up to it now.

#6274 5 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

amazon.com link »
LTG : )

The 'pink' outlet on the sound amplifier board or J2 is where I was told to run the ground loop isolator,works like a charm.

#6290 5 years ago

Maybe I need to look more closely,but can someone tell me where the adjustment for the witches feet on the spinning house is?
thanks.

#6292 5 years ago

Thanks zutton1 the spinning house is the feet adjust as well.

1 month later
#6419 5 years ago

How best to collect Horse of a Different Colour?

I find it a difficult shot.

A very fine tip from the lower left flipper or timing a back hand from the lower right flipper? Either way,it's tricky (for me).

When i compare this to lifting the mini flipper on TZ to make the shot under the mini playfield,Twilight is a walk in the park.

#6423 5 years ago
Quoted from Nokoro:

The best way to do it if the timing works out is to backhand the shot with two balls on the right flipper during multiball.

Thanks for the tip Nokoro I'll try that.

2 weeks later
#6459 5 years ago
Quoted from Gotfrogs:

Hello everyone, I hope your weekend is off to a good start. I am completly new to pin ownership and am greatful that I found this thread. My RR WOZ machine shipped today and I can't wait to get it. I just finished reading this entire thread and based on feeback have already ordered my Munchkinland edge protector and am thinking about ordering these accessories from mezelmods. Is there any reason not to order them? Are there better versions of the same type of mod available? I am also considering ordering some additional GI but want to see how the stock lights look before doing so.[quoted image]

What about a $15 surge protector for good measure?

#6474 5 years ago
Quoted from Wildbill327:

I hope this grows roots and stays for a long time, just like my Hobbit.

Nice pick up.I missed out on the Emerald city version and have the 75th.

Grab a Munchkin playfield protector edge for it.

1 week later
#6573 5 years ago
Quoted from Gotfrogs:

My WOZ is only ~2 weeks old and the green LED under the wizard is already toast.

I've heard this a bit. I've had my share of Woz problems with the 75th here ,10/11/16 (playing solid now) and that green Led has not failed me.

4 weeks later
#6752 5 years ago
Quoted from imagamejunky:

I’ve got the very dim green led issue with the strip under the Wizard/throne room

Did you fix the problem?
Will any green LED strip do?

#6754 5 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

12 volt

LTG : )

Thanks LTG

1 month later
#7057 5 years ago
Quoted from RPZ:

Do I have to take out the mini playfield to change this rubber?

Mine broke also.Only loosened the mini playfield to change mine.Two or three hex bolts to be undone enough to lift the playfield a little and get new sling rubber over that third sling post .

1 month later
#7640 4 years ago
Quoted from harryhoudini:

I've been working on the haunted skill shot. I get it once every few shots so it seems to pay off. Otherwise I go witch, I have never gotten "BALL" skillshot.

Only got it a few times on more. It’s an extremely late flip for 10K points .

I’m really enjoying the Horse of a different Color challenge . I’ve had 6 horses on the bottom left of the screen but not 7.
I’m still learning how it all works. All the same Color horse or all different colours to progress to 5 horses. The cow and the red horses are the most valuable from what I can tell.The chameleon horse is wild obviously but of how much value I do not know.

#7642 4 years ago

Play a few games and concentrate only on HOADC,you'll soon begin to see how it works.

Shoot for 4 horses at the start of each game.Same color or 4 different colors.

Backhand from the right flipper and hold the right flipper button in keeping the upper right flipper open for a collect.

Plunge the ball.Now there are 5 horses to collect and so on.

#7644 4 years ago
Quoted from joseph5185:

I have to ask once since I keep hearing it ..
What exactly is "backhand" .. Does that mean if I'm using the left flipper and I use the upper portion of the flipper and the ball goes to the left that I'm backhanding the left flipper?

Correct.

1 month later
#8100 4 years ago
Quoted from harryhoudini:

covers more of the ball lock

Visible ball locks are very nice.

4 months later
#9445 4 years ago

I haven't got the special award in many many plays.Is it just a matter of completing the letters 'wizard' for the throne room more often ?

I searched the menu looking for a % feature like what you have with the end of game score match to no avail.

The special feature give such a great effect when it happens.

#9447 4 years ago
Quoted from Nokoro:

Getting Special is very rare. Only happens to me every once in a while. Definitely not often.

Thanks for the reply, that’s a pity.

#9466 4 years ago
Quoted from shiffdog:

I have my replay award set to ‘Light Special’ so I get to see that light show more frequently than just an occasional wizard award. (I have my special award set to ‘Points’.)

I'll certainly try that,thanks for the tip.

3 weeks later
#9602 4 years ago
Quoted from pinballinreno:

But magnetism drops off sharply at 212 degrees (boiling water for 15mins).

Did this,works great!

Thank you!

4 months later
#10329 3 years ago
Quoted from fnosm:

The game was designed for the ruby slippers to flip 3x randomly, not every time.

Yep, just like when TAF does the double flip randomly.Neat trick, non pin heads love it .
Any other games do this?

#10347 3 years ago

Jorant

What’s the best collect you’ve had with getting the horses?
Have you had 7 seven horses running at once ?
Really like this sideshow of the game.

#10371 3 years ago

I asked this earlier.

Quoted from chalkup8:

Jorant
What’s the best collect you’ve had with getting the horses?
Have you had 7 seven horses running at once ?
Really like this sideshow of the game.

#10381 3 years ago
Quoted from Doctor6:

Oh I'm so sorry

hey, no probs jorant.its a busy site and lots of stuff doesnt get answered or is missed.

From what I can gather is there's a maximum of showing 7 running horses at once (only had 6 at one time for me).
The cow seems to be the most valuable followed by the red horse (on the RR version anyway).
The chameleon horse may be worth the least, because it can be matched to any color.
Four horses of the same color (in my case, purple) paid 8K for the one collect.
Four horses of a different color with a red horse or cow in there has reaped 4.6K
Backhanding the shot for HOADC is more reliable than of the tip from the left flipper.

#10386 3 years ago
Quoted from Nokoro:

only to tilt and see this

I took the plumb bob right out of the game. Yes, there's a brief error message on start up,but would rather nudge the game more for longer ball times,more fun.

6 months later
#11550 3 years ago
Quoted from Rager170:

Finally melted the Witch! Awesome game mode...

I did too recently after 3 years of ownership. Loved the warm white incandescent look when it happened.I don’t play it a real lot and haven’t cracked the mil yet.Just shy of 800k. 2800 plays there about since new.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Wanted
10,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
San Jose, CA
14,685 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Northport, NY
Lighting - Interactive
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 24.50
$ 29.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 91.00
$ 55.00
Lighting - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 395.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 5.00
$ 199.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 85.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Machine - For Sale
Mt Zion, IL
$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 16.95
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider chalkup8.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/woz-fan-club-members-only?tu=chalkup8 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.