Topic Stats

• 9,702 posts
  • 527 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 day ago by harryhoudini
  • Topic is favorited by 237 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 1,296 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

0114202103 (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpeg
23DFA0F8-F7D9-42C7-8453-91C8A1D53110 (resized).jpeg
FD7E2A3C-284E-40FF-B7CA-E61EE101FC4D (resized).jpeg
48412A48-5DB3-409D-87E0-6561CAAC4287 (resized).jpeg
5A5C6F21-5817-44DD-AD1E-007D340956E3 (resized).jpeg
B46EE18D-238B-473F-9CCC-5C7024BE0644 (resized).jpeg
F7AAC952-38F1-4E43-A438-332C3312069A (resized).jpeg
54291594-2914-42B3-9F07-0D00BB386FA9 (resized).jpeg
8E504E51-718C-4C02-8AC5-CD6CDFE89043 (resized).jpeg
0241E615-0E07-4B7A-8CA3-CA4B3DE8CD87.jpeg
41FFFEBA-72F4-4B67-8ABE-84B207C59FA1.jpeg
3E45001E-B173-486D-8F98-DA99B261538F.jpeg
hallmark_2025 (resized).jpg
4DBCA69C-D905-4480-826D-DC07C7F064F9 (resized).jpeg
0B2E9FB8-C7F4-43DC-BF21-0DA79AADAD48 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

8 key posts have been marked in this topic

Post #1 Key posted, but no summary given Posted by TigerLaw (5 years ago)

Post #2584 Fan Replacement details Posted by bhwolf (3 years ago)

Post #7017 How to tell if your WOZ has 2.0 boards Posted by f3honda4me (9 months ago)

Post #7022 Balls not making it to shooter lane from trough - Fix Posted by LTG (9 months ago)

Post #7126 Location of the latest software update/version Posted by mavantix (9 months ago)

Post #7128 Update 7.01 notes - released April 16, 2019 Posted by thewool (9 months ago)

Post #7752 Fan Replacement how to and links Posted by f3honda4me (7 months ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider avspin.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#5969 1 year ago

WOZ RR LE on it's way to me. Can't wait!

1 week later
#5986 1 year ago

Just set up my new WOZ. I have 2 small clear plastics with a slot for a screw. Anyone know what these are for? And what looks like a promo plastic but has slots also.

2018-08-29 12.21.12 (resized).jpg2018-08-29 15.35.17 (resized).jpg
#5988 1 year ago

Yup, makes sense. Kind of like the catapult on MM.
thanks

1 month later
#6187 1 year ago

I had something similar happen to me today. Hit the switch and nothing. Lifted playfield and noticed a white wire just sitting near the back. Turns out when I lifted the playfield last something pulled the wire from the power plug. Plugged back in and I was good.
This may not be your problem but I never had this happen and wanted to put it out there.

#6191 1 year ago

Your photo is on the playfield. The wire I was referring to is on the back of the back inside of the cabinet. Where the power cord comes in from the outside.

1 month later
#6313 1 year ago

So my witch stopped going up. I see it trying to. I did a search and couldn't find much, just check alignment. Before I dive in does anyone have any suggestions?
Thanks

#6317 1 year ago
Quoted from LTG:

Take the plastic cover off and see if it works then. Then figure out what is binding it. ( something bent a little )
LTG : )

I removed the cover and in test it only moves about 1/8" up and down. Nothing is hitting anything.

Quoted from Soulrider911:

Make sure the led ribbons didn't come loose and maybe get hooked on the which mech?

It looks plugged in well. If the ribbons was loose wouldn't the witch not move at all?

So I have small amount of movement, tests are green, what am I missing?
Thanks

#6318 1 year ago

Also just noticed that I can't get to "witch Target Left & Right" in test mode. Of the six boxes in witch test only the top two up/home, down/melted and bottom two volume/up, volume/down are accessible. I cannot toggle or get to the middle set target left & right.

#6319 1 year ago

Figured out the target test just by touching them.

#6321 1 year ago
Quoted from pinballinreno:

Check the long screw rod the moves the witch up and down.
It has to be straight and centered.
If it's not centered well it doesn't work right and the sensors dont work.
It can be pushed around a bit without removal.

Did that and it's perfect. What I did was add a tiny amount of lithium to the top of the screw as it enters the motor and now it works. BUT is that ok to do, or did I screw up the motor? But it's now working. On a side note I added lithium to the monkey also as it started screaming noise from it.

#6323 1 year ago
Quoted from LTG:

Should be fine.
LTG : )

Thanks Lloyd,
My game sat for a year and a half in new in box before I received it, could that be the cause for the screw drives grinding?

#6336 1 year ago

Can you adjust the angle of view for the crystal ball?

1 month later
#6465 1 year ago

I have all 3 on mine, and more, and they work great. I will say that the winkie target is the new one that is solid.

Quoted from Gotfrogs:

Hello everyone, I hope your weekend is off to a good start. I am completly new to pin ownership and am greatful that I found this thread. My RR WOZ machine shipped today and I can't wait to get it. I just finished reading this entire thread and based on feeback have already ordered my Munchkinland edge protector and am thinking about ordering these accessories from mezelmods. Is there any reason not to order them? Are there better versions of the same type of mod available? I am also considering ordering some additional GI but want to see how the stock lights look before doing so.[quoted image]

#6483 1 year ago

Does anyone else think the hurry up music sounds like Popeye the Sailor Man's theme beside me? I keep leaving the game thinking about Popeye.

1 week later
#6579 11 months ago

I'm still waiting of stuff from October to be shipped to me.

#6581 11 months ago

I talked to Frank four weeks ago and he told to give him a couple more weeks. I'll call him next week again.

4 weeks later
#6758 10 months ago
Quoted from moonduckie78:

Wow! Did you buy from Automated Services? This would not surprise me.

Curious to know why. I bought my WOZ from them in Aug 2018 and the build date is Feb 2017. Do they hold on to them or get the left overs?

2 weeks later
#6844 10 months ago

Frank at JJP recommended Loctite 401. Had to get it on amazon but only needed it once as it has held.
Take the flipper bat out and clamp with a spring clamp overnight.

#6862 10 months ago

Is the monkey magnet still there on the playfield?

Yellow brick road Wizard of Oz really nice yellow trim radcals look wonderful, no flying monkey on the backboard.
Smaller, colorful topper.

4 weeks later
#7234 9 months ago

So while raising raising my playfield I heard something fall off. Which is not unusually as screws are always coming of some playfields I have. But what I found on top of the computer box is a washer. But this washer has a plastic film on one side and it's covering the hole. So it was not being used as a washer. I've looked everywhere under there and can't find where or how this was used. Black on one side and film on the silver side.
Any ideas?

2019-04-21 11.01.51 (resized).jpg2019-04-21 11.02.12 (resized).jpg
#7236 9 months ago

Check around under the playfield.
It might be a shim or spacer being used somewhere under a subway or mech.

That's what I figured, I just couldn't find a spot for it.

1 week later
#7344 8 months ago
Quoted from johnnyutah:

Saw this on a distributor web site. Looks like another run? Will they take out the monkey mech as well?

That ad on Hemisphere's site says limited to "1500 units"
JJP Site says "limited to 1500 units"
Automated's says "limited to 1500 units"
Where can I see or hear JJP say they ended the 1500 limit?
I have #1460, bought last year, 2.0 boards.
Just curious as I don't plan to sell it ever.

#7350 8 months ago
Quoted from f3honda4me:

Kingpin posted here that JJP removed the 1500 limit.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/are-they-making-a-yellow-brick-road-edition-of-woz#post-4704063
Can you link to where it says limited to 1500 on JJP site? I couldn’t even find the 75th RR on JJP site anymore so maybe I missed it.

Just took this screen shot now.

Capture (resized).JPG
#7351 8 months ago

I bought mine in August last year. I was talking with the JJP tech guys (for my DI) and asked about getting one. I was told they don't have anymore there but gave me a couple of distributors that had. I was told to make sure they were 2.0. They also said if I wait they would be running more at the end of the year. I did't want to wait so I bought then. But looking back, they may have been referring to the YBR version.

#7354 8 months ago
Quoted from f3honda4me:

Thanks I see that now. Totally missed it. I know distributors were told by JJP that the 1500 limit was removed. Curious if there are any in the wild that are over number 1500. Distributors were also told more will be made later this year.

I think JJP removing the limit is not true. If they remove the limit they would be opening themselves up to a huge lawsuit. They may have been talking about it last year and decided then to make a new version to avoid the legalities.

When I bought mine I didn't know of the limit, just wanted one based on aesthetics compared to the green one. Played both at Golden State and the wife wanted the red one so that was that.

The number itself doesn't mean anything as far as production. There is a roll of numbers and they just grab one for each machine. So mine is 1460 made Feb 2017. I'm pretty sure it wasn't one of the last at that point.

#7360 8 months ago
Quoted from harryhoudini:

Maybe they haven't made all 1500?

That's what I assumed.

3 weeks later
#7720 7 months ago

Installed mine last week. Not easy leaving the playfield in but doable. Came out nice.

2019-05-31 09.07.27 (resized).jpg2019-05-31 09.07.42 (resized).jpg
1 month later
#8067 6 months ago
Quoted from delt31:

can you buys those sep? Can you take a top down full pic

I bought the YBR version for my RR from pingraffix.

2019-05-31 09.07.27 (resized).jpg2019-05-31 09.07.42 (resized).jpg
#8162 6 months ago

So you may have just answered my question. Just finished replacing all the rubbers and install all the protectors. As I mentioned earlier my witch would get stuck. With everything apart I took the opportunity to work on the witch. The witch is sticking on the cage, can't see exactly where but it works perfectly without it. So I left it off and now looking for something to replace the back. I already have back alley's wall on the RR so if nothings out there I guess I have to wait for a red smoke mod.

1 week later
#8345 6 months ago

Those look great, where do i get them.
Do you have link?

You can come over and take a look at mine if you like. I have the YBR version in my RR.

#8353 6 months ago
Quoted from Rager170:

I thought these were the "YBR" version..

I have the PinGraffix ones. The same ones PinGraffix supplies to JJP for the YBR game. I don't know anything about the modfather ones. Those look pretty dark to me.

#8362 6 months ago
Quoted from HIPPY:

I put those in my RR, quick and easy, no removing the playfield.

I wouldn't say it was quick or easy for me. I did not remove the playfield and did it by myself. The decals would stick to the side while trying to squeeze them down the side of the playfield while raised. They are durable and I was able to get them off without deformation. But if I do it again I would remove the playfield with some help from a friend.

1 month later
#8757 4 months ago
Quoted from FalconDriver:

Hope to join club soon. Can anyone tell me
if the new run of RR suppose taking place this year have the monkey mech? I assume no
as much discussion on the YBR will not.

I've said it before, I don't think they will run more unless they never completed the 1500. It says it right on JJP website "Limited to 1500 units"
If he makes more than 1500 he would be opening himself up to a lawsuit. The only way to make more is to make a change to the run such as he did with the YBR version.

#8758 4 months ago
Quoted from apinballwiz:

Out of curiosity, who is Rick?

Rick Bartlett owner of Planetary Pinball and all or most of the Bally/Williams rights.

#8779 4 months ago
Quoted from LukyDuck:

Got it and thank you for the information.
Now if some one new the years they were made. That would be helpful!

Why don't you call them and ask?
(732) 364-9900

2 weeks later
#8938 3 months ago

What mainboard is in the current RR release?

My RR from last year is MSI H81M-P33. I have a couple extra boards. Same board in my DILE.

3 weeks later
#9200 89 days ago
Quoted from Dr-pin:

If you order a new one, how can you be sure it comes with the new lightboards?
For example does all RR come with the new stuff, or are there things that may need to be fixed or replaced?
I just dont know here in europe, there may be so that games are stored for future sales, so you may get an "old" nib.

You ask. I was told by one of the guys at JJP to make sure when I ordered my WOZRR that it had the 2.0 light boards and to get the serial number and he would double check it. I confirmed with the distributor, given the serial number and checked back at JJP. This was over a year ago and mine was made in 2017.

3 weeks later
#9363 68 days ago
Quoted from LukyDuck:

Curious question...I have two drilled out holes on one of my ramps and nothing attached to this location. This is on a brand new RR.
Can anyone tell me what they are for or what they were once used for?[quoted image]

I have an RR also and I also have the two holes but it's not for the tornado.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Machine - For Sale
Mount Dora, FL
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Blacklick, OH

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider avspin.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside