767a905f-f768-44f4-b3e3-b2998967ff3c_text.gif
Photo Mar 30 2024, 5 42 30 PM (resized).jpg
20240316_125739 (resized).jpg
20240314_221748 (resized).jpg
20240314_215727 (resized).jpg
841FD4A1-7C8E-4E32-973D-DD8D05C4902E (resized).png
3D72BC84-0D17-44A1-B683-A17D4B722FF3 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

12 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #1 Key posted, but no summary given Posted by TigerLaw (10 years ago)

Post #2584 Fan Replacement details Posted by bhwolf (7 years ago)

Post #7017 How to tell if your WOZ has 2.0 boards Posted by f3honda4me (5 years ago)

Post #7022 Balls not making it to shooter lane from trough - Fix Posted by LTG (5 years ago)

Post #7126 Location of the latest software update/version Posted by mavantix (5 years ago)

Post #7128 Update 7.01 notes - released April 16, 2019 Posted by thewool (5 years ago)

Post #7752 Fan Replacement how to and links Posted by f3honda4me (4 years ago)

Post #11015 Adjustment advice for the monkey Posted by LTG (3 years ago)

Post #12537 7.03 Code Release Posted by bobukcat (2 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider TigerLaw.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 10 years ago

This is the official WOZ Fan Club thread.

This thread has been requested by many and is to celebrate the accomplishments of JJP, have positive discussion of the game, and generally talk about the good things about WOZ.

To be clear, the moderators have been talking about this for some time. There will be no JJP bashing in this specific thread at all (zero tolerance). A smily face after your bash will not save your post from being deemed trolling.

The above rules are specific to this thread. We will not elaborate on these rules or comment on them. Do not post criticism of our decision to start this thread. You may of course pm me or the other mods your displeasure in not being allowed to post negative comments in this one thread but we have decided the MANY JJP fans have a right to express their enthusiasm in an environment without being baited into defending JJP.

Take it away WOZ fans. Y'all are safe in this thread.

Edit: WOZ fans, do remember to stay on point and not call out those who will not be posting in this thread. We want a positive thread here where some people who may lurk but may not post much can chirp in about the game. Thank you for your assistance. Let's make this thread a success together.

3 months later
#424 9 years ago
Quoted from dendoc:

Custom photo fits well. Loving 4.0. Haunted multiball is very loud!

image.jpg 166 KB

Yea, that is an awesome feature! How many photos can it store?

5 months later
#544 9 years ago

Glad this thread is still going. I hope to join the club soon...

5 months later
#868 8 years ago
Quoted from rockrand:

Is the wood apron hand signed or facsimiles

Hand signed.

#872 8 years ago
Quoted from pinball_keefer:

No they're printed. But those certificates... THOSE are hand-signed.
Still in recovery.

Ah, gotcha, sorry for the misinformation guys.

3 months later
#942 8 years ago

Just watched Wicked today. I will now feel guilty for melting the witch...if I ever do!

2 months later
#995 8 years ago

Gosh! So exciting seeing all these NIB WOZ's in people's hands!

1 month later
4 months later
#1678 7 years ago
Quoted from pcprogrammer:

Could that adhesive cause any damage to the clearcoat on the edge.

I wouldn't think so but I'm interested to see what some say who have used it.

#1712 7 years ago
Quoted from 1quartershort:

Can any owners/fans characterize the call outs for WOZ? Considering buying. Played a lot of games on the WOZ at NWPAS and enjoyed it very much but I was really hard to hear the game there aside from witch cackles. For me, part of the enjoyment in some of my favorites; AFM, MM, MB are the call outs. Thoughts?

I think the call outs are good. The game has a high level of theme integration. The call outs are certainly not a reason to avoid the machine, far more callouts than say Avengers for example.

11 months later
#4029 6 years ago
Quoted from rai:

-Brand new RR in the box with Rad Cal built this year

Go new. The new light system is installed on games built this year I believe.

1 year later
#7665 4 years ago

Friendly reminder gang: this is a club thread with special club thread rules. Keep the discussion on WOZ in here. Feel free to discuss other games in other threads, but this thread is dedicated exclusively for WOZ. Thanks.

2 years later
#13164 2 years ago

Hello everyone.

Any ideas on what is the best additional lighting to put in to a WOZ? Is it pinstadium and if so which one?

Also, does WOZ fit mirror blades at all or is there some other side art or is it like GnR and doesn’t really fit any side art?

Thanks!
0C7E18DE-16F3-4C2D-ABBF-5C99970E3E9D (resized).jpeg0C7E18DE-16F3-4C2D-ABBF-5C99970E3E9D (resized).jpeg

#13166 2 years ago
Quoted from fnosm:

Just added the external light system from AUKraut to my RR. Solid construction, easy to install and move from game to game. This system adds all the extra light my 'dim' 2.0 WOZ boards need. These lights are great. Thanks to d0n for the referral.

I don’t see that in his pinside store. How do they compare to Pinstadiums?

#13168 2 years ago
Quoted from HIPPY:

Pin graphics has art blades.

Do they fit okay? GnR can’t really fit mirrors or art blades.

Any thoughts on additional lighting options? My RR looks awfully dim in its new location. I’m thinking Pinstadiums but if AUkrat’s product is better for WOZ for any reason I’m down with those also, whatever will toss good light for a good price on the playfields.

#13172 2 years ago

What is the general consensus on a sub woofer for WOZ? If favorable, which subwoofer is recommended? Is that cable plug in the back RCA? Thanks.

#13174 2 years ago
Quoted from Rager170:

Not sure about RCA, have only hooked them up via speaker wire to the cabinet speaker.

Thank you! Yea, there is a speaker intake Jack in the back of the machine. It looks like it is for RCA but I’m not certain. That Polk does have the option for RCA at Amazon and that price point is pretty nice.

#13177 2 years ago
Quoted from d0n:

My neo fusions were around $600 as I remember.

I went ahead and ordered the Neo Pinstadiums today. I found a 10% off promotional coupon and got them for $328 shipped. I know those are not as premium as the neo fusions but I couldn’t really figure out what all the differences were. That price difference is staggering so I’m sure they are significant differences.

I also ordered some pingraphix art blades.

Last thing I need now is the subwoofer once I figure out the rca Jack in the back. My questions are is it just a plug and play with the rca connection? Does this game really sound that different with sub?

#13179 2 years ago
Quoted from MrMikeman:

Yes it sounds that different. No it’s not plug and play with that output in the back. IIRC it’s a stereo output for an external sound amp (1/8” stereo connector). Not 100% sure and I can’t get behind my game to check. So you would need a 1/8” to RCA cable.

Roger that. So what I need is this connector combined with Polk sub woofer: https://www.amazon.com/3-5mm-RCA-Cable-iGreely-Plated/dp/B01LW6C4DA/ref=mp_s_a_1_11

Is that correct? Thanks again!

#13208 2 years ago
Quoted from bobukcat:

Here's a precautionary picture of what happens when it's unprotected for too long.

Wow! Mine has started, not bad yet. What do I get to protect against this expanding?

3 weeks later
#13297 2 years ago
Quoted from dharv:

This is easily a 10-12 hour job and you're going to want someone to help you.

Holy smokes. I’m on the wait list for the version 2.0 boards for my early run RR…but this sounds like a significant task…I’ll need to hire someone to the install for me.

#13342 2 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

So are 2.0 boards available now? Anyone have a link? Thanks

I’ve not been emailed by JJP. Sounds like they are coming soon but not yet.

1 month later
#13445 2 years ago

Anyone hear anything about the new run of the version 2.0 light boards? I thought they were nearing completion?

#13452 2 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Any ECLE owners install the 75th anniversary topper? Just realized the ecle prob has green and orange led for the stock topper so curious how that will look.

Did the green one come with a factory topper? I can’t remember.

#13467 2 years ago
Quoted from pinballinreno:

I printed it out on my color printer on heavy glossy legal size paper and had it spiral bound at fedex/kinkos for $45. Maybe more these days.
The paper cost the most and it did take a bit of toner, but didnt drain the carts.

Are they all the same size pages? I know some manuals have schematics and what not that make them different size pages and harder to bound at home.

#13475 2 years ago

So, I’ve got my sub woofer plugged in and what not…but no bass at all. I couldn’t find anything in settings about the external sub. Any ideas?

*edit: nm, I wasn’t using the correct plugs, ha! I got it now.*

#13478 2 years ago

Eleven and half hours later…got all the Cliffy’s all installed and replaced some rubbers with polyurethane bands and fixed the damn monkey that hasn’t worked for the entire five years I’ve had this game. Also installed hot air balloon mod, melting witch, bigger crystal ball, side art, and under cab lighting…oh, and the sub woofer! Ha! A65B4707-F773-4509-BF98-E297B147EC95 (resized).jpegA65B4707-F773-4509-BF98-E297B147EC95 (resized).jpeg0CAE2602-10A1-4553-B3C5-0861E34F1F5A (resized).jpeg0CAE2602-10A1-4553-B3C5-0861E34F1F5A (resized).jpeg

4 weeks later
#13537 1 year ago

I’m trying to make my left Outlane not such a total drain. I can’t move the post in due to where the rail is. 9CD030CA-8417-4DF6-806E-D0A7058AFBC9 (resized).jpeg9CD030CA-8417-4DF6-806E-D0A7058AFBC9 (resized).jpeg2D4A6E2E-4797-47E3-B0EB-47386479971B (resized).jpeg2D4A6E2E-4797-47E3-B0EB-47386479971B (resized).jpegAny ideas?

#13559 1 year ago
Quoted from Pinkitten:

I just did this to mine. Super easy fix. Take the screw out that is holding the rail in place nearest the post. Now you can easily move the post over one spot and make that huge left drain much more reasonable. The rail will remain firmly in place against the post rubber. The rail is held by several other screws. You don’t need that one, imho. This was the simplest solution for me.

I think I’m going to cut off about an eighth of an inch off the rail. It’ll totally free up the other post slot. Has anyone else tried to do it that way (ie shaving off some of the rail)?

#13576 1 year ago
Quoted from WW2GURU:

Im looking for info on invisiglass markings/etchings that were supplied as factory glass on JJP machines back in 2013+. I was reading about it here https://www.pinballnews.com/learn/glass/index.html
Does anyone have an example they can check and post a picture of the markings as I'm trying to verify that a piece of glass I have is
or isn't Invisiglass as was reported to me.
Thanks

My RR had its Invisiglass removed and replaced with a sheet of regular glass by the original owner. I’m the third owner, the original owner apparently correctly identified the 2nd owner as not knowing the difference and he took it off the machine (either that or it busted).

I have some of the original Invisiglass, you can’t miss the tag it was larger than a quarter in the lower right hand side of the glass. They replaced it with just the words of Invisiglass really small in the same spot on bottom right. Check all the corners.

Invisiglass is not what it use to be in my opinion, the sheets they were putting on GnR did not perform as well as my other high end glass, not sure why this may be…maybe new processes.

1 year later
#14861 8 months ago
Quoted from RetroGamer74:

Finally finished setting up my mini shrine to WOZ haha Such a fun theme and enjoyable game. Really happy to have as part of my small collection. Don’t see it going anywhere anytime soon.

Where did you get that artwork? That’s awesome and looks fantastic!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Lighting - Interactive
Pinball Mod Co.

Wanted
Machine - For Sale
Mt Zion, IL
$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 345.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 395.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 91.00
$ 85.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 43.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 199.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

9,300 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Santa Maria, CA
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 24.50
$ 29.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

11,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Burlingame, CA
$ 29.99
Hardware
Classic Game Rooms

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 130.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider TigerLaw.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/woz-fan-club-members-only?tu=TigerLaw and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.