767a905f-f768-44f4-b3e3-b2998967ff3c_text.gif
Photo Mar 30 2024, 5 42 30 PM (resized).jpg
20240316_125739 (resized).jpg
20240314_221748 (resized).jpg
20240314_215727 (resized).jpg
841FD4A1-7C8E-4E32-973D-DD8D05C4902E (resized).png
3D72BC84-0D17-44A1-B683-A17D4B722FF3 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

12 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #1 Key posted, but no summary given Posted by TigerLaw (10 years ago)

Post #2584 Fan Replacement details Posted by bhwolf (7 years ago)

Post #7017 How to tell if your WOZ has 2.0 boards Posted by f3honda4me (5 years ago)

Post #7022 Balls not making it to shooter lane from trough - Fix Posted by LTG (5 years ago)

Post #7126 Location of the latest software update/version Posted by mavantix (5 years ago)

Post #7128 Update 7.01 notes - released April 16, 2019 Posted by thewool (5 years ago)

Post #7752 Fan Replacement how to and links Posted by f3honda4me (4 years ago)

Post #11015 Adjustment advice for the monkey Posted by LTG (3 years ago)

Post #12537 7.03 Code Release Posted by bobukcat (2 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider SLRage.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#10599 3 years ago

So just joined the WOZ club and took delivery of what I gather is a “Green Edition.” Absolutely love the game but have a fix that y’all may know the quick and easy answer to.

After the ball ejects from the castle and travels down the wire form towards the Toto outlane side.....about 25% of the time the ball will pop over the guide rail and drain into the Toto outlane. I adjusted the screw on the wire form as far “in” toward the flippers as it can go without hitting the plastic and still no luck.

I assume I need to bend the wire form or the metal rail that separates the out lane from the flipper lane?

I’m not too savvy with bending parts so wanted to see if anyone faced the same issue?

Thanks in Advance

#10601 3 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Raise it up a bit with washers or a spacer.
LTG : )

Does the guide rail just “pop” out in order to put a washer etc. to prop it up?

#10605 3 years ago

Thanks y’all. I did a final adjustment to where I thought it may hit the plastic and it worked!

1 month later
#10854 3 years ago
Quoted from Kkoss24:

Has anyone installed the lantern mod in the castle ? Was looking for help I cut the wires behind bugle spotlight at this point can I leave the mesh covered wires there and proceed to install new wires or do I absolutely have to pull that out ? Thanks for any help.

I took mine out. I’m not saying you couldn’t let them in but it would be a real bitch installing the new wire. I tried to leave it but in the end just clipped the existing wire and fished the new one

#10868 3 years ago

Trying to convince my wife I need 2 more games so my key holder will look more complete

5BDA97FC-AEBE-47C9-BB03-4490D7444A45 (resized).jpeg5BDA97FC-AEBE-47C9-BB03-4490D7444A45 (resized).jpeg
2 weeks later
#10949 3 years ago

Do not buy anything from this guy!

#10958 3 years ago

10 seconds for me too. 5 may be enough though. Just wanted to avoid the straight dumps that WOZ is so famous for. Plenty hard enough still for sure!

1 month later
#11300 3 years ago
Quoted from Doctor6:

So I had my best score ever on WOZ just now with default settings.
I also received my best bonus. People, if you aren't going for horses, you're doing it wrong!!
I beat fireball mode, was one hit away from the full super jackpot in Rescue MB. Got to the crystal ball wizard mode. Got haunted scoring multiball. Got munchkin multiball. Got over 50 ybrs... I never got so close to the wizard mode in my life.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Great Score!

2 months later
#11794 3 years ago

I may be in the minority but I like the fact that WOZ is dark. I have dimmable can lights above my machines so I can light it up more if needed but I really like the dark mysterious look of the game

#11797 3 years ago

Cool idea! Do they always spin or can you have them face forward?

Quoted from Litedpinballmods:

We finally finished our Wizard of Oz topper. Because it is a hologram, it does not video well, and it looks 10 times better in person. It comes with over twice the video then I have on this video, we just take a selection of 8 to show it off. You can have any videos play, all of them or just the ones that you choose. Our Hologram toppers were award the best now mod at the 2019 Chicago Expo. We have toppers designed for about 40 games, this topper is designed to install on ANY game and turn on and off with that game. If you later want to transfer this topper from one game to another, we do sell the locations of the video packages for other games. We give a huge amount of information on the sales listing, and this is listed here at Pinside and on our website. It does come with a wall mount and remote if you want to use it as wall art and turn on and off remotely. In about a month we are going to make a hologram package that will have one of the best videos from each of about 60 games if you want to just put a hologram from the games you have and use on the stand or as wall art.

Thanks

4 months later
#12441 2 years ago

I own one. It’s the exact same green. How do I know???? JJ sent me all new rails to replace some minor scratches on the original and guess what....Same Green Period

Quoted from beelzeboob:

Hey! Let's keep downvoting each other some more! I'm right. And I'm also done because this is a "broken record" or "take it to PM" moderation thing, and I've been so well-behaved lately. And I have no idea what you mean by AGAIN I'm wrong. I'd love to know what I've said that's wrong in the past. That Gouveia's mods are better than the ones you bought? That's a pretty well-known fact. But I'm done now.

3 weeks later
#12497 2 years ago

I completely agree. I don’t think I could ever part with mine either. I have done so many tedious upgrades and I’m not sure there will ever be a game that will match the attention to detail in this game. It feels like a work of art.

2 weeks later
#12580 2 years ago

The Emerald Edition does have the shaker and invisiglass as well just FYI

Quoted from bobukcat:

This has been covered in this thread multiple times but I know it can be hard to find so I'm going to answer it again and then mark it as a key post so others can (hopefully) find it in the future, please correct anything I missed so I can edit this post.
Emerald City L.E. (ELCE): The original LE with a wooden apron signed by the team, direct print cabinet (not decals), green trim and wireforms, unique mirrored backglass, unique topper, shaker and Invisiglass. Printed and signed certificate of authenticity.
75th Anniversary Ruby Red (WOZRR): Red trim and wireforms, unique mirrored backglass, unique topper, unique metal apron with included LE Number sticker. Toto and Tornado figures, Castle Walls and lolipop Rainbow targets. Originally did not include but could have the shaker, invisiglass and printed manual added as upgrades but these were included on the later runs when they raised the price.
Yellow Brick Road (YBR): Game is in new cabinet design with electronics moved to the backbox. Monkey mech removed and the castle doors changed from two doors to one that opens. Unique playfield with yellow sparkle, yellow trim (including shooter rod housing which was not done for ECLE or RR) and wireforms, unique topper, unique metal apron with LE number sticker, unique mirrored backglass, castle walls, Toto and Tornado figures and lolipop rainbow targets.
Standard Edition: None of the extra bling and just normal stainless steel trim and lockdown bar. Shaker and Invisiglass could be added as upgrades.
Emerald Edition: These were a custom run for one distributor that was basically an SE with the green trim and wireforms the same color as the ECLE.

11 months later
#13650 1 year ago

It is a hard one for sure. Melting her and killing Smaug on The Hobbit are my favorites for sure

Quoted from indybru:

Melting the witch is hard. My success rate is like 6-7%.
When you do it's my favorite event playing pinball.

3 months later
#14121 1 year ago

Very good points. I agree with what mine looks like and like you said WTF is up with the shoe?!?

Quoted from fnosm:

I'm no expert but I have problems with these pictures.
First off the born on date is 8/14/2013 making it one of the earliest machines to roll off the line so definitely started life as a ECLE with the version 1 5.0v boards. Probably one of the first 50 JJP machines ever made.
Next the 2.0 lights sure look like the 2.0 light but they are totally different from my 2.0 kit that I put on my RRWOZ. See pics below.
Has the 2.0 kit changed since the original 2.0 add on kit?
Notice how the main ethernet header is on the fish board and not a separate stand up like mine. ( I like this better but haven't seen it before.) Also the pics are too small for my eyes to read any of the numbers.
Lastly, what is that tennis shoe doing/hiding?
If this game isn't going cheap or from someone you know real well I would walk away.
I love my WOZ and think everyone should own one but be careful.[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

#14132 1 year ago

Oh okay….Sorry missed that part! If he throws in the left shoe then I say take the deal!

Quoted from chaz009:

Guys, the shoe was put there by MY request to ensure the pictures were in fact coming from him.
This is number 632/1000 of the ECLEs, so I don't think this was one the of the first machines, unless the numbers aren't in order of production? Certainly not a pre-production unit if it has a number associated with LEs right?

2 months later
#14365 1 year ago

Yeah that’s my biggest knock on this game. SOTR is virtually impossible. Kind of a buzz kill

Quoted from Nokoro:

I think, but may be wrong, that the rescue letters carry over from ball to ball. So, if you don’t do it on your first Rescue MB, you still have progress towards it on the second go around. Again, I could be wrong.
That said, that is the hardest jewel to collect IMO. I’ve never done it. And, most games, I don’t even get to Rescue MB, let alone get to it twice or make much progress in it.
So, again, SOTR is pretty much out of reach for most. There are videos, though, of really good players who have gotten there.

#14377 1 year ago

Got mine for $500 new but I gotta say the 2.0 is the best mod in pinball IMHO

Quoted from HIPPY:

There are 2 red smoke witch mods listed for sale on Splash. Outstanding mod, hard to find.

#14378 1 year ago

Thanks for posting. Best video Ive seen. Shows you how to do it but then no spoilers!!

Quoted from paulbaptiste:

I think this is the video. Karl DeAngelo from I.E. Pinball did it and streamed it.

But yes. Seemingly impossible. I’m gotten all but 2 gems in a single game and those aren’t very repeatable feats. I for one like that it’s out there to reach for though.

2 months later
#14574 1 year ago

Wait till you encounter the “glitch” that makes the right button control the left flipper and the left button control the right!

1 month later
#14624 1 year ago

One MILLION dollars!

No Id say 13K

#14632 1 year ago

What the hell is a PFLE?

Quoted from Enchantress:

What are the odds that's there's a NIB WOZ out there that someone may want to trade for a PFLE or something of equal value?

#14634 1 year ago

Oh…okay. Good luck!

Quoted from MrMikeman:

Pulp Fiction Limited Edition

1 month later
#14718 11 months ago
Quoted from LTG:

I suppose you could close the coin door or pull out the high power interlock switch and turn the LEDs on.
Won't help your problem though. I'd grab a meter and check what your power supply is putting out, see if it has issues.
LTG : )

Has anyone told you that you are awesome today LTG?

1 month later
#14812 10 months ago

Well that’s one way to do it I guess!
I really hate that gem. It’s unnecessary hard and so out of whack with the other gems. It’s wishful thinking but they really need to adjust that one to be done on the upper playfield.

Quoted from pinballinreno:

Take the glass off, get the gem first.
Put the glass back on, get the other gems to get to SOTR and then film the end like the guy on the video....

#14815 10 months ago

So the double cradled backhand shot doesn’t work? What is the punishment?

Quoted from bobukcat:

It got even harder when he put in the punishment to prevent you from using the double cradled ball to backhand the Crystal Ball shot. I had a hard enough time pulling that off consistently anyway.

#14818 10 months ago

That’s just mean

Quoted from Nokoro:

Do it three times in a row without hitting any other switches and you automatically enter no hold flippers.

1 month later
#14877 8 months ago

Very good advice all the way around!

Quoted from Bartzenegger:

I always keep my monkey very lubed !

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

Lighting - Interactive
Pinball Mod Co.

Machine - For Sale
Mt Zion, IL
$ 5.00
9,300 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Santa Maria, CA
$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 130.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Wanted
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 115.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 29.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 199.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

13,000 (OBO)
$ 225.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 24.50
$ 91.00
$ 29.99
Hardware
Classic Game Rooms

$ 43.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider SLRage.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/woz-fan-club-members-only?tu=SLRage and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.