767a905f-f768-44f4-b3e3-b2998967ff3c_text.gif
Photo Mar 30 2024, 5 42 30 PM (resized).jpg
20240316_125739 (resized).jpg
20240314_221748 (resized).jpg
20240314_215727 (resized).jpg
841FD4A1-7C8E-4E32-973D-DD8D05C4902E (resized).png
3D72BC84-0D17-44A1-B683-A17D4B722FF3 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

12 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #1 Key posted, but no summary given Posted by TigerLaw (10 years ago)

Post #2584 Fan Replacement details Posted by bhwolf (7 years ago)

Post #7017 How to tell if your WOZ has 2.0 boards Posted by f3honda4me (5 years ago)

Post #7022 Balls not making it to shooter lane from trough - Fix Posted by LTG (5 years ago)

Post #7126 Location of the latest software update/version Posted by mavantix (5 years ago)

Post #7128 Update 7.01 notes - released April 16, 2019 Posted by thewool (5 years ago)

Post #7752 Fan Replacement how to and links Posted by f3honda4me (4 years ago)

Post #11015 Adjustment advice for the monkey Posted by LTG (3 years ago)

Post #12537 7.03 Code Release Posted by bobukcat (2 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Pinbear.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#5262 6 years ago

Hi all,

I just got my WOZ 75th from Automated service. They told me the lightboad is 2.0 but the machine is v1.1 and made on 11/2016. I have the exactly same problem as the other Pinsider.
WOZ is my first pinball machine. But it arrived with black shooter rod and silver shooter panel. No 75th edition topper inside. Speaker buzzing is really annoying ( I have check the YouTube video and try to fix it but I found mine WOZ has different power supply and no filter inside. I think mine is a newer version without 2.0 light)

I already sent out an email about problems to Mike from Automated service and JJP.

My family really like it. I am excited to receive my first pinball machine but on the other hand I feel so frustrated because I paid the full price and not got what I ask for.

I will keep update if I got any response from them.

#5264 6 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

If it was made 2018 than its 2.o but 11/18 hasmt happen yet? ....i believe 2.0 system came after dec 15 2016....

Sorry. It is my typo. The machine is made on 11/29/2016

#5279 6 years ago

I got both response from Jack and Mike. They are working on it. Will keep you update.

#5280 6 years ago

I got both response from Jack and Mike. They are working on it. Will keep you update.

#5294 6 years ago

Mike from Automated Service and Jack made it right. WOZ 2.0 is on the way for exchange.

Last weekend was a busy moment for Pinball Distributors and JJP because of TPF.

I sent out the email to Mike and Jack on Friday. Jack replied me immediately, Mike replied me on Monday (not too late, but Jack is super fast ...)

They both want to give me a WOZ 2.0 for replacement and they did it.

Mike found a WOZ and make sure it has 2.0 light board. I got the tracking number on the new shipment from Automated Service.

Great service from both sides. I am sure that I will still get the next pinball from Mike and it will be POTG or JJP5 from JJP.

Happy customer now.

Thanks.

#5315 6 years ago
Quoted from fnosm:

You are not alone is being nonplussed by the license. But believe me and everyone that has played this game. It ROCKS! Its hard to understand just how awesome this game is until you get to flip it a bit. JJPOTC is the pinnacle of pinball technology and it is a blast to play.
I played it at TPF this past weekend and was blown away. I kept going back for more. Collectively over the weekend I spent hours in line waiting to get another turn. Hate the license but you are going to love this game.

Did you put the deposit on JJPOTC?

1 week later
#5359 6 years ago

Got my WOZ 75th 2.0 replacement today. It has topper, no buzzing sound, monkey grabs the ball.

Perfect!

We can start to enjoy this game.

IMG_3234 (resized).JPGIMG_3234 (resized).JPG

IMG_3231 (resized).JPGIMG_3231 (resized).JPG

1 week later
#5379 6 years ago

Played WOZ for 2 weeks. Currently my highest score is about 550K. 3 ball game, Home + Easy setting, narrowed both outlanes, 7 seconds ball saving.

I only did Wicked Witch once and didn't win...

For me, the hardest parts are ... get into crystal ball, Dorothy rescue multi ball (I also moved the castle post but it seems not helping much).

I really love this game.

I am thinking to get a preowned The Hobbit because I am not satisfied with just one pinball machine

1 month later
#5557 5 years ago

My right witch target is always on. Is there any way to fix it without remove the whole witch set?

3 weeks later
#5671 5 years ago

Any idea how to fix the castle right door?

While in the castle door testing, it won't open fully. If I pushed it to fully open, it won't fully closed after.

Guess I need to take out the mini playfield ...

IMG_3584 (resized).JPGIMG_3584 (resized).JPGIMG_3585 (resized).JPGIMG_3585 (resized).JPGIMG_3586 (resized).JPGIMG_3586 (resized).JPG
#5672 5 years ago
Quoted from Pinbear:

Any idea how to fix the castle right door?
While in the castle door testing, it won't open fully. If I pushed it to fully open, it won't fully closed after.
Guess I need to take out the mini playfield ...

Quoted from LTG:

Allen head set screws holding door to motor shaft are loose. Item 7d on page C-37 in the manual.
Remove castle playfield. Remove door. Drop motor assembly down, tighten, reassemble.
LTG : )

Do I find the answer?

#5679 5 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

If motor is turning and door isn't moving, yes.

My case is the two mini socket cap screws (Item 7c on page C-37 for right castle door motor are loose.

Tighten them now works perfect.

3 months later
#6148 5 years ago
Quoted from fnosm:

The witch bash mech seems to be a weak point on this game. Has anyone come up with a good replacement? IMHO a better solution will instantly become a must have mod.

Quoted from LTG:

From the WOZ Forum
Loosen the nuts circled in RED allowing you to move the switches closer to the plate. Reach around the lifted playfield and tap the strike plate while moving the swiches closer. When you have the sensitivity you want, just tighten the nuts back down.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/89824152@N07/sets/72157634995600921/

I have the same problem here. I got a NIB WOZRR this year and the witch is always the problem (too sensitive). I tried LTF's solution before. But the problem is I cant move the switches closer anymore. The solution is you need to take out the witch from playfield. Tighten the nut (as #7 in the picture) but not too tight. Leave a very little space between the front plate (#1) and (#2). Then you will have more space to adjust the switches that LTF mention.

It took me 2 days to figure it out...

Currently my witch is not perfect (95% good), sometimes while I hit right edge of the bash plate, it won't trigger a hit. But at least I don't have too sensitive problem.

Screen Shot 2018-10-03 at 10.58.59 AM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2018-10-03 at 10.58.59 AM (resized).png
2 weeks later
#6175 5 years ago
Quoted from DCFAN:

Balls shooting out of the pops and straight out the right outlane is probably the cheapest way to lose a ball in WOZ. I recommend setting the pops in the settings to allow the player to press both flipper buttons to stop them when desired, not just when haunted modes are lit. It gives the user more control and puts some skill into when to have the pops be a factor in the game.

The tree just tried to protect the witch ...

3 months later
#6602 5 years ago

I use the styrofoam (I got one or two from NIB WOZ RR) on the other side. It looks like a smaller Yoga Block.

Quoted from Gotfrogs:

When you have your playfield up, is it normal for the state fair balloon to rest on your upper cabinet? I have been placing a folded towel on the other side to prevent it from resting on the baloon. Just curious if there is another trick for preventing this.[quoted image]

1 week later
#6696 5 years ago
Quoted from dnaman:

A friend has the green mirror blades

Do you know where does he get the mirror blades? I am looking for a red mirror blades for my WOZRR

Thanks.

2 weeks later
#6775 5 years ago

Looking for touchup paint for WOZRR. I found some chips on the wire rail.

Thanks!

3 weeks later
#6874 5 years ago

Just a quick question about YBR WOZ. If there is no winged monkey, does it mean no more physical lock for Rescuer Multiball? The right door of mini castle playfield is doing nothing?

#6883 5 years ago
Quoted from pinballinreno:

Yep, no monkey. The door is not used.
Too bad they removed it.
They should have reworked the castle doors instead of removing the monkey mech.
Castle doors are the most trouble and needed a design change.

This is a downgrade ... I have an issue with Castle doors but it was an easy fix. I never have an issue with monkey. The major problem is witch bash target. The design is bad and hard to adjust to the perfect position. I have an NIB WOZRR with 2.0 boards. I remembered in the first few months, it the ball hits pop bumpers which triggers witch hits. It took me a lot of time to adjust the bash. I thought they will upgrade the witch bash mech.

Now I am glade I got the RR WOZ. The YBR version, yellow is not the yellow brick's yellow. It looks like a taxi yellow. AND the price is $11500 .... which is 2k more ...

I hope the JJP's new prices are NOT ... Standard 10k, LE 11.5k and CE 12.5k.

1 month later
#7604 4 years ago

Tried to do regular maintenance on my WOZ RR today and found the Test report shows
"Check matrixes switch #70 RESCU(E) (stuck open)"

I have not lifted up the playfield to check. But do I need to order a new switch for it? or I need to take out the castle play field to confirm?

Thanks.

#7613 4 years ago
Quoted from Nokoro:

Did you press the (E) in test mode to see if it registers? You will get a test report simply if a switch hasn’t been activated in a while. The E is hard to hit, so it may be working fine, and you just haven’t hit it in the game lately.

Yes, I did. While I press "E" switch, you wouldn't register.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 29.99
Hardware
Classic Game Rooms

$ 91.00
$ 395.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

14,356 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Roswell, GA
$ 199.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 55.00
Lighting - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 345.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 130.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Warner Robins, GA
$ 24.50
11,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Burlingame, CA
$ 29.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
St. Clair Shores, MI
$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

Lighting - Interactive
Pinball Mod Co.

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Pinbear.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/woz-fan-club-members-only?tu=Pinbear and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.