20240314_215727 (resized).jpg
841FD4A1-7C8E-4E32-973D-DD8D05C4902E (resized).png
3D72BC84-0D17-44A1-B683-A17D4B722FF3 (resized).jpeg
WOZ lightboard 2 (resized).jpg
WOZ lightboard 1 (resized).jpg
20240309_110050 (resized).jpg
IMG_8924 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

12 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #1 Key posted, but no summary given Posted by TigerLaw (10 years ago)

Post #2584 Fan Replacement details Posted by bhwolf (7 years ago)

Post #7017 How to tell if your WOZ has 2.0 boards Posted by f3honda4me (5 years ago)

Post #7022 Balls not making it to shooter lane from trough - Fix Posted by LTG (5 years ago)

Post #7126 Location of the latest software update/version Posted by mavantix (5 years ago)

Post #7128 Update 7.01 notes - released April 16, 2019 Posted by thewool (5 years ago)

Post #7752 Fan Replacement how to and links Posted by f3honda4me (4 years ago)

Post #11015 Adjustment advice for the monkey Posted by LTG (3 years ago)

Post #12537 7.03 Code Release Posted by bobukcat (2 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider PinballHelp.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#181 9 years ago

I have really, really been enjoying WOZ... hats off to JJP and their whole team for making an amazing game!

From the unboxing...
wozm0.jpgwozm0.jpg

I've been showing the game off to so many people, and everybody that plays it really loves it

including Jello Biafra from the Dead Kennedys:
wozm1.jpgwozm1.jpg

Tommy Malone from the Subdudes:
wozm3.jpgwozm3.jpg

We even brought the game to the local Maker's Faire and showed off the latest in pinball technology
wozm2.jpgwozm2.jpg

#184 9 years ago
Quoted from arcadenerd925:

Sweet that you brought it to the maker fair, how did it go over there?

It was a huge hit... we had to meter how much it got played... people started to fight over the game and stay on it without letting others play.

#193 9 years ago
Quoted from StevenP:

Name drop much?

Awww... dude... I'm sorry if that bothered you. Feel free to post a pic of your aunt Helen resting her martini on your WOZ. We'd all like to see it.

Our group in New Orleans has worked our asses off for two years to create a really cool scene in New Orleans. We've brought competitive pinball to a state that has never had it before, and attracted famous people to our arcade and introduced them to pinball. I'm proud of that. Sorry you find it intimidating. Talk to your therapist about it.

#195 9 years ago
Quoted from StevenP:

^ something to be proud of.

I don't know if you're being sarcastic or not, but I was not in the mood yesterday. Sorry if I came off acerbic.

#220 9 years ago

I have my game on 3-ball, with no easy settings. I like the idea that there are some game features that might take months to see, if ever at all.

1 month later
#292 9 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Heads up. Looks like another code update of some kind is coming according to Jack on the Google Group. It may be just bug fixes but its nice to know that another update will be coming at some point.
A few months back Keith mentioned possibly adjusting the rules of the Munchkin modes to make them a little more interesting so who knows maybe that will be one of the changes.

I am hoping Keith implements a config setting to disable the upper playfield flippers when the playfield is not activated. A lot of people want this fix.

3 weeks later
#354 9 years ago
Quoted from mountaingamer:

So this has me wondering - does just dry-firing the flippers really wear them much, vs a flipper hitting a ball..... I would think allot more force works against the coil sleeve (and entire flipper mech) when a ball is actually hit.

It probably doesn't make that much difference but dry-firing a flipper is more likely to flatten out the coil stop, which can cause the flippers to chatter, introduce debris into the coil sleeve and eventual failure.

Any time the flippers are activated those moving parts are being worn out. The more they are activated the more likely they can break down. Considering the ball is only used by the upper playfield probably 1/100th+ of the time, not having a "disable upper playfield flippers when not in use" feature makes the game 100+ times less reliable. Who wants to put a game on location where things are moving around unnecessarily when doing so doesn't really add to the gameplay, but makes it more likely something will break and people will complain?

#365 9 years ago
Quoted from pinball_keefer:

The last few posts made me look at hmb again, and I did find a most unfortunate scoring setup bug. That'll get in the next release.
The gist is every category of scoring (shots, bumpers, targets, holes) scored 1000 instead of what it was supposed to, which is the value you had when you played the round leading up to the current hmb.

I had something unusual happen today.. I had extra ball lit and then started ECMB and apparently never got an EB even though I shot the throne several times. I wasn't keeping track of exactly what happened though because it was a particularly good game. Does EB not carry over to subsequent balls? I noticed on my next ball, I didn't have an extra ball and EB was no longer lit.

#366 9 years ago
Quoted from bigduke6:

Well, this will be my first post in this thread. Why? Because my first ever NIB is sitting in the back of the Suburban. My WOZ was picked up today. Standard with shaker and invisaglass. To say I'm excited is an understatement. My distributer said a new update is a week or two away. I know this has been asked before but what should be done right away? Cliffys, of course, anything else?

Put some fender washers underneath the slingshot plastics before you play any games. I broke the slingshot plastics the first 10 minutes of playing the game.

1 month later
#440 9 years ago
Quoted from danisme:

I bought the 75th Anniversary WOZ DVD box set and was watching the movie again and noticed that there is a difference in the video in the game from what was shown in the movie. In the game, during the Capture Dorothy sequence the Winged Monkeys pick up Dorothy and fly her off from screen right to screen left. In the movie the monkey's all fly screen left to right.
At first I thought that was odd, but in the game the castle playfield is on the left side and it makes sense for them to fly her off toward the castle. I don't know for sure if that's why it's the way it is, but it would really show great attention to detail to do it that way.
I attached some pics. Sorry they are not the best, not the easiest thing to capture.
PS: Double flipping to cancel the screen animation for this sequence only ends the animation, it doesn't really speed anything up since the Monkey has to fully return before the next ball is served. It would be nice to kick out the ball right away it would seem to me. No matter, love the game and glad to be in the club.

IIRC, in WOZ they have two different video sequences both right and left-versions. I've never paid much attention but I assumed that depending upon which way the ball was coming, from the left or right orbit, they might use a different version of the video.

4 years later
#6823 5 years ago

I'm looking for an alpha/iso of Woz version prior to 5.x. Does anybody have an ISO?

3 years later
#14095 1 year ago

Attention EC LE owners... CHECK YOUR BACKGLASS! I just had this happen out of nowhere with my game in a climate-controlled, de-humidified room

jjp01 - Copy (resized).jpgjjp01 - Copy (resized).jpgjjp02 - Copy (resized).jpgjjp02 - Copy (resized).jpgjjp03 - Copy (resized).jpgjjp03 - Copy (resized).jpg
#14097 1 year ago
Quoted from pinheadpierre:

Out of nowhere? I’m finding that difficult to believe.

Seriously... I just noticed it. I assume this had been festering for a bit.. when I pulled the backglass off, I noticed stress cracks at every corner.

If you have an EC LE, check your backglass... you may find some small cracks in the corners... once they become big enough, the BG just starts to quickly un-peel off the glass.

I probably could have stopped this if I had noticed it before but I didn't, and I do think it kind of un-peeled pretty quickly once a tiny crack got wide enough.

Triple Thick will probably slow this down.

#14099 1 year ago
Quoted from pinheadpierre:

If there haven’t been any temperature/humidity shocks recently, my guess is that either it went through one or more prior to your ownership (unless you’re the first and only owner) or it has been festering for a long time. Stress delamination like that seems unlikely to occur without atmospheric help.

I'm the first and only owner and it went through no temperature/humidity shocks. I live in a climate where it almost never freezes, so this is especially troubling.

Do you own an EC LE with this type of backglass? If so, have you checked yours? If not, then perhaps let's hear from some other owners after they've checked theirs...

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Other
RavSpec

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 199.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

10,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
San Jose, CA
$ 24.50
11,300 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Spokane Valley, WA
Machine - For Sale
Charles Town, WV
$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 16.95
Machine - For Sale
Little River, SC
$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 345.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 395.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 5.00
$ 43.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 130.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 9,800.00
Pinball Machine
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider PinballHelp.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/woz-fan-club-members-only?tu=PinballHelp and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.