Topic Stats

• 9,156 posts
  • 509 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 hours ago by Rager170
  • Topic is favorited by 235 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 1,223 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

DSC_0006 (resized).jpg
20191013_232803 (resized).jpg
12C2A44D-3CD8-47B0-9ECE-4B3A4A065315 (resized).jpeg
A1B3C77A-3D43-4097-95FB-25913EBB1E2A (resized).jpeg
C766C0B9-9884-4D2F-8619-918228E04EF2 (resized).jpeg
78DDB4E8-6BAE-4799-A6AE-2B59E8509FE4 (resized).jpeg
1FED3E58-3B10-405E-A266-B3AB69958EA5 (resized).jpeg
Screen Shot 2019-10-13 at 5.59.38 PM (resized).png
IMG_0287 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
Screenshot_20191013-171847~2 (resized).png
E4C8E654-9FE4-4E68-9BA4-2B37848028F4 (resized).jpeg
2C895AD7-1A39-4E7D-AA81-38DB159F88E6 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

8 key posts have been marked in this topic

Post #1 Key posted, but no summary given Posted by TigerLaw (5 years ago)

Post #2584 Fan Replacement details Posted by bhwolf (2 years ago)

Post #7017 How to tell if your WOZ has 2.0 boards Posted by f3honda4me (6 months ago)

Post #7022 Balls not making it to shooter lane from trough - Fix Posted by LTG (6 months ago)

Post #7126 Location of the latest software update/version Posted by mavantix (6 months ago)

Post #7128 Update 7.01 notes - released April 16, 2019 Posted by thewool (6 months ago)

Post #7752 Fan Replacement how to and links Posted by f3honda4me (4 months ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider PinballBJB.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#4269 2 years ago

Quoted from delt31:I really think the GI update does a great job and is not overkill. I'm also someone who plays with little to no light and I felt like I was missing half the game b/c it's so dark.
See below. I think it looks great and matches well. I also included my WCS (recently LED'd) for comparison). I do love games that pop. You can also unplug the main plug behind the coin door and go back to stock whenever you want....

delt31 Who is putting up high scores on your WOZ using BJB as initials?? Those are my initials. Theft! Copyright infringement!! Breach of treaty!!! Expect to hear from my lawyer.

Just kidding. Whichever BJB is playing your machine is plainly a wonderful person with excellent taste in initials.

2 months later
#4587 1 year ago

Winged Monkey Mech Motor Problem - can anyone offer advice? First, I apologize if I'm asking about an issue that this thread or another one on Pinside has covered before. Before posting, I searched for posts and topics that talk about my specific kind of monkey glitch, but I didn't find any. So here it is: my winged monkey motor seems to have become limited to only one direction of movement; it twists only in the direction needed to bring the monkey back up to the castle.

If the monkey is nested at the castle as default position, then when I turn on the machine, the monkey doesn't move at all. (Whereas usually at power-up the monkey should go halfway down and then back up again as a test, just like the house spins at power-up, as I imagine all of you see on your machines too.) And, if the monkey is nested at the castle, then it doesn't move at all during gameplay. (But interestingly if Dorothy is ready for capture and I hit the magnet, the game somehow thinks I actually captured the ball and brought it up to the castle, even though the monkey never moved.) Also, if, again, the monkey is nested at the castle, and I go into Device Test Mode, the monkey won't move at all. But the game can't tell - thinks the test is going fine - and there's no Error Log entry about it.

By contrast, if I manually wind the monkey downward to any degree first by hand, then (1) on power-up, the motor spins and the monkey returns to the castle; and (2) in Device Test Mode, the motor spins and the monkey will move toward the castle. But not in the other direction (toward the magnet) in either case.

As far as I can tell, both wires (black and red) are firmly connected to the motor.

And the rod is lubed. ("That's what she said.")

I'm on OS 6.06. Standard Model/Edition Game # 790/1000 built August 2015. Everything else seems to work fine, other than castle right-door problems (not asking about that here; know it's been discussed pretty thoroughly).

Maybe I just have to replace the motor? Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks in advance!

ltg - I've opened a ticket with Support.

#4590 1 year ago
Quoted from LTG:

They may have another idea or two to check. I'd measure power to the motor, see if it reverses or not. Then you know the potential of bad motor or bad board it plugs onto.
I'd reseat the motor wires to the board it plugs onto. And be sure the threaded rod has clean, fresh lube on it.
LTG : )

ltg Thank you! I'll try these things.

#4591 1 year ago
Quoted from DCFAN:

Check to see in switch test if the the top and bottom monkey position switches are in the correct statuses.

Thanks dcfan I will check.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
8,350 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Athens, TX
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 120.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ModFather Pinball Mods
Machine - For Sale
Rancho Santa Margarita, CA
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider PinballBJB.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside