20240314_221748 (resized).jpg
20240314_215727 (resized).jpg
841FD4A1-7C8E-4E32-973D-DD8D05C4902E (resized).png
3D72BC84-0D17-44A1-B683-A17D4B722FF3 (resized).jpeg
WOZ lightboard 2 (resized).jpg
WOZ lightboard 1 (resized).jpg
20240309_110050 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

12 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #1 Key posted, but no summary given Posted by TigerLaw (10 years ago)

Post #2584 Fan Replacement details Posted by bhwolf (7 years ago)

Post #7017 How to tell if your WOZ has 2.0 boards Posted by f3honda4me (5 years ago)

Post #7022 Balls not making it to shooter lane from trough - Fix Posted by LTG (5 years ago)

Post #7126 Location of the latest software update/version Posted by mavantix (5 years ago)

Post #7128 Update 7.01 notes - released April 16, 2019 Posted by thewool (5 years ago)

Post #7752 Fan Replacement how to and links Posted by f3honda4me (4 years ago)

Post #11015 Adjustment advice for the monkey Posted by LTG (3 years ago)

Post #12537 7.03 Code Release Posted by bobukcat (2 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Pimp77.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#234 9 years ago
Quoted from DaveH:

I think the insert in the Haunted Forest relights Glinda. The same one that lights for the skill shot. Don't quote me on that one though.

I thought it was the switch between the pop bumpers and the haunted/crystal ball saucer.

4 weeks later
#283 9 years ago
Quoted from Chitownpinball:

The countdown is on....distributor says these should ship end of summer....cant wait to get this in our office. Going to the office to work will be WAY less painful.

WOZ+Ruby+Flyer_v9C-page-0.jpg 171 KB

"Limited to 1500 units!" LOL!

1 month later
#434 9 years ago
Quoted from pauloz:

I ordered a heap yesterday and got 3 green ones for WOZ.

Would be better off with red IMO.

1 month later
#505 9 years ago
Quoted from Zampinator:

What a great pin! Traded a mint HUO Spider-Man, for a like new HUO WOZECLE #13, with only 80 plays! I couldn't be happier!

image-75.jpg 194 KB

image-424.jpg 219 KB

Jesus...you got a deal!!

4 months later
#533 9 years ago

Finally getting the hang of this machine. We've put about 300 games on it between my x-mas party and me playing it with a few friends, etc.
Ive got ECMB and Munchkin land locked down. My primary focus (and what I tell people who play for the first time) is to go after the rainbow targets, and while doing so, youll hit all the characters to lock up your balls for ECMB. This strategy seems to work well. I get Twister to light or I lock up my balls for ECMB on a regular basis.
I am still working on rescue (seems as though I have a switch error on "e", but that doesnt hurt too much since I can hit that loop to spell it). I am thinking about moving the post on the rescue playfield...the ball doesnt like to stay up there very long. Its the only post that I really think needs to be moved. The out lanes are fine, although TNPLH is still a drain monster if you arent careful.
I tell everyone: "This machine was BUILT to be nudged". I find myself bumping the crap out of it just to keep the ball out of the out lanes especially.

Rescue is the toughest to start...I always drain off the castle field just after opening the door or accidentally hit the search loop to add a ball. It's very difficult to start for me.

#543 9 years ago
Quoted from arcadenerd925:

Rescue MB:
I moved my post, it helped when i just got the game. but as time goes on, the thing that made me better about keeping the ball up on that PF was knowing when not to hit the flipper. For me at least, the majority of my drains from there came from the ball bouncing off something and then hitting the back side of the flipper and heading right for the exit.
Also, i dont even bother to hit the targets most of the time, i either try for the loop (each loop adds a letter) or i bash on the doors until they open and hit the VUK (each time you get in there it adds a letter)
Also, i dont know if its just mine or the setting my VUK up there is dialed in at (or the angle of the deflector), but half the time when it kicks out of the VUK, it rebounds off the flipper and goes right back in to the VUK, haha.

You get TWO rescue letters for a saucer hit behind the doors.

#547 9 years ago

No shit.....well, my strategy up there is going to change.
Words to the wise for people getting new machines. I have had to adjust the following items on my machine so far.
Tighten all screws on coil stops of all flippers
Make sure witch optos are aligned properly, the "screw" that the witch is on was grinding on one of mine and I noticed out of the blue yesterday. Had to bend it around to get it to align properly.
Make sure your house is calibrated properly. The feet on mine werent coming out at the proper 90 degree angle.
Im also having some issues with my sound. The little 1/8" mini plug that comes out of the chassis in the bottom of the cabinet seems to be loose or something. I had to kind of wiggle it during test to get the speech to sound right. It was sounding like it was really far away before. I need to open the chassis really...I just havent felt like digging that far.
Honestly, I love this game, but I cant believe how much I have had to do to a $10,000 machine out of the box.

$10000?? as great as WOZ is, no machine is worth that much!

I'll second tightening all flipper coil stops...my left flipper coil just fell off one day.

#549 9 years ago

I was rounding....but it was $9749 with invisiglass for our RRWOZ....

#555 9 years ago
Quoted from pinball_keefer:

TECHNICALLY it's two ADVANCES not necessarily two LETTERS. This doesn't come into play for awhile though. Similarly, the search loop is one advance (when it's lit, which gets harder) not one letter.

Ahhh...well, I guess I haven't got far enough to get that nuance. I hope to be discovering stuff for a while like that. When is the search loop not lit and how do you light it again?

1 week later
#566 9 years ago

Emeralds:
1) Play Emerald City Multiball
2) Play Rescue Multiball
3) Play a munchkin mode
4) Play Fireball Frenzy

In the middle of the screen around the center circle are 4 dark green emeralds that light up as you collect them. Get all 4 to light melt the witch, then move on to collecting the 8 diamonds!!!

1 week later
#578 9 years ago

YES! Finally got a rescue multiball last night...what a neat light show. Still working on my witch...I think im going to adjust the plate as mentioned. It seems to only register shots on the right side of the pad under her.
This club doesnt talk much....whats every ones high scores so far? I havent cracked the 223 I set with my original post settings....soon though, soon.

Ballpark, mine is ~1.2 million...stock settings except for a 7 second ball saver added.

#584 9 years ago

I can agree with this. My new strategy is to get dorothy captured, light the rainbow targets, and then smash the doors over and over to get the rescue MB. Then during rescue I try to spin the house while holding the other ball...quite a challenge. I got up to 3 gems last night...last one is for melting the witch right?

The 4 emeralds are:
1) play Emerald City multiball
2) play Rescue multiball
3) play one munchkin mode
4) play fireball frenzy (lit after beating 3 witch hurry's)
The reward for collecting the four emeralds above is a shot to Melt the Witch.

Once you can Melt the Witch consistently you can move on to the insanely difficult task of collecting the EIGHT Diamonds and play the real wizard mode of the game, Somewhere Over the Rainbow.

Good luck!

PS A better strategy is to go for the switch skillshot every time instead of wasting the plunge on getting it to the pops! A witch skillshot gives you decent points and a witch hurry immediately starts.

#591 9 years ago

Just got Munchkin Multiball for the second time ever...got 124k and some change off that mode!! Sweet! By the way Alex/Keith/Ted there isn't an audit for Munchkin Multiball like there is for Haunted Multiball...

#597 9 years ago

Well, so I did it last night, I finally melted that bitch! I mean..witch! Took me only 10 games after moving my out lane posts in. I havent adjusted my witch switch plate yet, but I found her sweet spot on her right side, so I just aimed for that.
I really prefer the action around the out lanes now that they are moved in. A nudge can actually save your ball, where as before, it was almost futile. So many less bounces that go right down the out lanes.
A couple pics during my elation.
Video was neat
Ding dong!
New High score!
OK, also one more thing. I need some one to confirm this so I know Im not totally tripping.
Last night, as I am finishing my last game, I get a text. I usually rest my phone above the lock down bar. I pick it up, start to read my text, and as the machine changes to its "all lights on" or "every crazy color it can make" attract mode, I begin to see the playfield rise and fall like the waves in the ocean. TOTALLY TRIPPY. It must be some kind of optical illusion when you look at something close and its going on in the background. Basically, hold your phone (or whatever I guess) in front of your face like normal, but over the machine as you stand in front of it. Wait for it to go to this attract mode, and BLAM, crazy motion behind your phone.
PLEASE some one confirm....it really had me like WOAH.
Now to work on SWOTR....seems like its going to be a long while.

IMG_7561.JPG 154 KB

IMG_7559.JPG 147 KB

IMG_7562.JPG 116 KB

Yep...you get the heat wave effect when they are all cycling colors. Trippy!

#603 9 years ago
Quoted from sawyerfamilyaz:

So I don't have a WOZ but under pressure from the wife and kids I may wind up getting one sooner rather than later. I want to ask this group for some feedback. It seems to me, from very limited playtime on old code and from videos I have watched, that almost everything is lit all the time. I really enjoy the light show and strobing effects but, for example, I feel so confused by the Yellow Brick Road as it seems like it should be dark until shots are made but the inserts always seem to be lit. This seems the same for almost the whole playfield.
Can anyone with experience on the machine explain how this all works? Obviously it is not an issue and isn't affecting your ability to play but watching videos I can't understand at all what is going on or what to shoot for.
Thanks!

The yellow brick road inserts are off until collected...early code had them strobe all the time. Glad that changed! It's pretty easy to decipher everything now.

1 week later
#625 9 years ago

My son is two and loves watching my WOZ...probably the RGB LEDs entrancing him. He is scared of my RS and JP (talking heads and dinosaur) though. He is ok with the others, but really loves WOZ.

1 week later
#648 9 years ago
Quoted from herg:

Don't you get one for melting the witch?

You do...you get a diamond for defeating the witch. 7 more to go!

#650 9 years ago
Quoted from nosro:

Where do you see how many gems have been earned? I thought it was on the perimeter around the emeralds.

Yeah, it is.

#671 9 years ago
Quoted from DaveH:

This will be from memory, but no, I've need done it.
To finish rescue you need to collect triple jackpots on each shot on the main playfield. That starts a Rescue letter flashing red. Collecting the letter lights the super at the castle doors. Collecting all the letters lights the search loop and for the mega you have to combo the search loop into the doors.
I'm sure someone will correct me if that is wrong. And I'm not even close to it.

Yep, except you need ALL the red letters to light the super, right? And the doors OPEN on a loop shot and you combo into the saucer behind the doors.

#679 9 years ago

Super is available after getting a triple, not a letter. The letters only apply to mega.

From the man himself...so, do the supers stack?

1 month later
#688 9 years ago
Quoted from bdaley6509:

Hi guys. I ordered a 75th Ed. yesterday from PinballSTAR. Can I join the club?

Only if you get rid of that ACDC avatar!

#690 9 years ago

I figured out something that's been killing my "melt the witch" win percentages. I've always thought that you had to turn all 4 arrows red in stage 1, but you only need to hit any combination of those shots 4 times whether they're white or red!!! Here I've been failing and draining on that damn crystal ball shot or left loop when all you have to do is rape the right loop or wizard hole 4 times! Of course you probably get more points by turning all the arrows red, but hot damn I can beat her easily now!

#694 9 years ago

You can hit the witch to move the shot to an easier shot too.

That I don't believe...I've never seen it with the winkie or ramp available. I'll have to try that.

3 weeks later
#726 8 years ago
Quoted from NightTrain:

Well it looks like I may be joining the club here soon. I'm looking forward to it. I've got couple of questions for you current WOZ owners.
1. The machine I'm buying is a standard. It shows that it's #184/1000 on the apron...I though only the emerald city LEs were numbered. What's with that?
2. When did WOZ switch to decals and the updated light boards? This machine was made June or July of '14. Current owner (super good guy) says it has decals and thinks it has the new light boards. Anybody know when they switched? Anything else different on some machines?
Thanks for the input guys.

WO.jpg

Standards were numbered for the first 1000 like the ECLE.

#756 8 years ago
Quoted from DaveH:

Skill shotS. There are several.
The top lanes. Nudge into the lit one for 5k and a 2X bonus.
The witch. Short plunge to the upper right flipper and smack the witch. It starts a witch hurry up and awards 7500.
Short plunge to the upper right flipper and hit the haunted forest target. Quick way to start haunted modes. More points than the witch, but I forget the exact amount.
Short plunge to the upper right flipper, and then hit it out the left outlane... Because there is no way you are completing the last skill shot of hitting the lit BALL target. More points and as I recall, lights the crystal ball. But totally not worth the risk.

And if you continue to get the same skillshot multiple times in a game it's value goes up by 2500(?) each time.

#761 8 years ago
Quoted from NightTrain:

So I'm new to WOZ and the rules, trying to figure it all out. Quick question.
So to get to the witch battle, I believe you have to do the following:
1. Play rescue multiball
2. Play emerald city multiball
3. Play 1 munchkin mode
4. Complete 3 witch hurry-ups
To start witch battle...not sure yet, maybe someone can chime in.
So why on the back glass screen does it show in the bottom left corner the haunted forest modes and no the witch hurry ups? All of the other 3 corners make sense and align with progressing towards the witch battle...but not the bottom left corner. Why is that? Am I missing something?

You're right, except number 4 you have to play the Fireball Frenzy (like starting the 4th hurry-up, but it's a cool mode instead). The bottom left is used for both Haunted Multiball and Fireball Frenzy, Hurryups are the witch in the center. They picked to show a Haunted instead of Hurryup progress in that corner because it's more relevant throughout the game...you'll know when you get fireball frenzy and qualified that Emerald!

#765 8 years ago
Quoted from metallik:

So how many of you wind up like me and usually wind up having this as the last requirement needed for witch melting? If I'm on the last ball I usually kill the scarecrow deliberately just to get the melt the witch mode going...

I always have Rescue Multiball to do last...of course I go for the witch skill shot every time, which gives me a hurry up right away.

#767 8 years ago
Quoted from NightTrain:

Here's a video of my speaker buzz/hum fix.
» YouTube video

Great video! I'll have to do this to mine when I get a chance!

1 week later
#784 8 years ago
Quoted from DaveH:

I think it means that you are already running a haunted mode. You can't start another until it completes.
PS: This is an educated guess. Normally I'm more sure, but in this case, I'm not. I do know that you can't overlap Haunted modes though, no matter how many times you spell it the collect will not light.

Yes, that's it, but you can spell haunted to increase values for the round I believe.

#791 8 years ago

Actually, no. Perhaps they should, though.
Sequence:
HAUNTED while nothing running and collect not lit->light collect to start a haunted mode
HAUNTED while collect is lit->item value increases
HAUNTED while mode running->+10s
HAUNTED while HMB running->requalify jackpot if not lit. otherwise nothing iirc

Ahh...didn't know about the time adder. I always thought I increased that with Glinda when playing (she does too).

#793 8 years ago
Quoted from singapore_pin:

Hi guys. Anybody knows how to complete the rescue mb?
After 7 months still fail to understand how to get the mega jackpot, however last week I noticed that after getting super jackpot there are plenty green arrows light (it was my impression or the green lights lasted few seconds?)
Assuming that to get the mega jackpot should be something like this
1- 3 shots to the guard (triple jackpot)
2- smash castle doors and get the ball in (super jackpot)
3- complete all the green shots (alla monster bash)?
4- ?

You need three shots to each of the six main shots on the main playfield (triple jackpot on each shot). Each triple JP will light one of the RESCUE targets red for super JP on the castle playfield. At that point you need to combo the search loop to saucer behind the doors to get the MEGA JP. It's insanely tough. Good luck.

#798 8 years ago
Quoted from TKDalumni:

What happens when you complete 'there's no place like home'? You get your ball back? I cannot seem to pass it...can hit toto pretty easily.

Yes, you get your ball back. It's pretty satisfying when you do it.

#802 8 years ago

SOTR.

#806 8 years ago

Ouch, when was your game made?

#823 8 years ago
Quoted from Skypilot:

Coming late to the party. I just order a 75th annaversary WOZ from Gary at Abel. I can't wait for its arrival.

Congrats, it's an awesome machine!

#833 8 years ago
Quoted from DCFAN:

I usually do not do it on purpose. I don't see it as valuable enough to warrant the risk.

It's EXTREMELY valuable if you did well on a munchkin mode that ball. WELL worth getting.

#835 8 years ago
Quoted from DCFAN:

Are you saying the horse of a different color behind flipper shot factors into the end of ball bonus?

Yes. It multiplies your munchkin mode scores (add 0.5 multiplier for every successful HOADC completion).

It has to be on the same ball though.

1 month later
#866 8 years ago
Quoted from SuperPinball:

What's the difference between Ruby Red edition and 75th anniversary edition and the ECLE? is any one considered the best?

Ruby Red IS the 75th version. It has red armor, habitrails, cab hardware. It also has the extra castle walls, tornado, toto, lollipop targets, and 75th topper featuring the characters (all these can be bought separately for other versions). The cabinet is decaled. It's unlimited.

The ECLE has green armor, habitrails, and cab hardware. It also has the wood apron signed by the designers and a dual color LED lit plexiglass topper of the wizard head w/flames. The cabinet for it is direct print clearcoated and is spectacular. It's limited to 1000 games.

Both have shaker. I think only the ECLE comes with Invisiglass but that can be added to Ruby Red.

I think the ECLE is easily the best version, but it's only one opinion. I just don't like the red look.

#875 8 years ago
Quoted from Chosen_S:

I have a ruby 75th, it's #339 of 1000... So, they're not unlimited

It started as a 1500 "limited" run, but that changed to unlimited. Don't sweat it...the ECLE was going to be the only LE too.

1 month later
#904 8 years ago
Quoted from NightTrain:

I personally wouldn't go with the ECLE. I'm not a fan of the armor color and I really don't like all of those signatures. To each their own, but to pay less money for the way I prefer is was a sweet deal. I would recommend looking for a newer standard with the updated light boards.

Oh...so you're the one who prefers the standard! More power to you. Can't argue opinion, but I think you may be alone with that one.

2 months later
#976 8 years ago
Quoted from TomGWI:

I got back in the club last weekend and picked up a 75th #225. Very happy.

Welcome back.

1 month later
#1004 8 years ago
Quoted from konghusker:

I noticed two things today on my new woz. Shaker motor seems to be a little noisy, kind of a scratching noise. Possibly hitting cover? I removed cover and tightened screws, so what could it be? Second, I here and feel a loud thud in the middle of some games. Does knocker fire during gameplay based on achievements?

The knocker fires if you reach the free game score threshold that fluctuates based on scores as a default setting. Probably your loud thud. For the shaker, I'd take the cover off and run it in test to eliminate any cover issues. Good luck, it's a fantastic game!! Best game all time? It's close if not the best!

#1011 8 years ago
Quoted from paynemic:

Thanks! Any idea about a touch up kit?

That soft to the touch powder coat is not right...I'd definitely inquire about that!

#1017 8 years ago
Quoted from VolunteerPin:

Wow! I just put up my personal best and GC score of $681,000. Had one killer ball where I was able Stack a lights on crystal ball, munchkin mode, and castle multi ball. I also made it to the witch battle (I think) here each white shot increased the jackpot. What else was I supposed to do in that mode? I don't think I I beat her.
In that same game I had a bonus of 249k. I had a friend over watching who is getting ready to buy his first pin so it was awesome to see him go crazy too.

Every time you hit a white shot it turns red. Hit 4 white or red shots to advance to the next stage. The more white shots you turned red the higher your jackpot is. Lock a ball in the castle VUK, then combo ramp to witch via the munchkin playfield to melt her. Enjoy the rewarding mode after that...discover that for yourself.

1 month later
#1060 8 years ago
Quoted from Manimal:

Would like to hear your thoughts on the available Cliffy protectors for WOZ and whether or not you have them installed? I realize all playfields will wear over time, but is there a need right out of the box?
Thanks

Only the Munchkinland one is really needed. The others are pretty optional.

#1071 8 years ago
Quoted from pauloz:

Now WOZ code 6.06 is now up.

Too bad it's undownloadable...fails over and over.

#1080 8 years ago
Quoted from pauloz:

Worked 1st time for me. Download took about 12 minutes. Putting it onto the USB with unetbootin took a little longer but all good and it up and running on the game.

My download always ends before the full file size...checksum isn't correct. I'll try again tomorrow. I guess it's just traffic killing it?

#1081 8 years ago
Quoted from Pindufus:

Are you sure you're giving it a chance? It "sticks" at around file 29 for quite some time but eventually everything loads. Took me about 15 minutes.

Not even getting that far...can't download it fully, is ending early on me thinking it's done.

#1086 8 years ago
Quoted from indypinhead:

It took me 6 attempts to finally get the download to complete.

I'm on my 20th attempt...tried Firefox, IE, and chrome. I have a fast connection, should take about 20 minutes total. It got to 3gigs once, but usually fails/ends around the 500mb mark. Not sure what else to do.

#1089 8 years ago

Head over here: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/woz-600-code fellow WOZ owner posted a dropbox link recently, I just used it and it worked fine for me.

Link is dead...still can't download.

#1093 8 years ago

Yeah, drop box took it down already. I was lucky enough to grab it as soon as he posted it. But Alex put up a new link on RackCDN that should work just as good:
http://9e125918d0e012a34216-a1176de1e90091ce5de7930765adf534.r96.cf2.rackcdn.com/WizardOfOz-v6.06.iso

RackCDN worked for me...took about 30 mins. I'll try to install tonight, though looking at the release notes has me maybe wanting to stick with 6.04.

2 weeks later
#1107 8 years ago
Quoted from txstargazer3:

Believe me, I was determined to do it before it left!

Selling WOZ? Gasp.

#1110 8 years ago
Quoted from Nokoro:

Hi all. Just ordered a RR 75th. I'm very excited and can't wait until it arrives.
I have a couple of questions to prepare: First, how many balls does it take, and can I use the balls that come with the game, or are they like the Stern balls that you should throw out immediately?
Second, where is the best place to get the munchkinland edge cliffy protector? I didn't see them at pinballife. How easy is it to install? Drilling holes in a brand new game scares me.
Anyway, thanks! I'll post pics when it arrives.

Balls that come with are high quality and can/should be used.

Passionforpinball.com is Cliffy's site and where to buy that protector. It's easy to install.

#1112 8 years ago
Quoted from clg:

I put the cliffy on and I don't think I have ever had a ball hit on it.

You are most definitely wrong...check back where the ramp is.

1 week later
#1129 8 years ago
Quoted from Nokoro:

Thanks again for the replies. WoZ came today. I've been spending almost all afternoon playing. Loving it! Here are the pictures:
IMG_0675_(resized).JPG
IMG_0673_(resized).JPG
IMG_0671_(resized).JPG
IMG_0670_(resized).JPG

Make sure you have the latest software. It's such a unique experience playing this game.

#1150 8 years ago
Quoted from Nokoro:

So, here's my next question: a hard shot to the crystal ball spinner from the right flipper causes the ball to go through the flipper and sometimes bounce back out (again through the spinner) without going to the VUK. I haven't gotten a good look at where it is being rejected. Is this a common problem, and is there a tweak to fix it? (I should note that soft shots and shots from the left flipper while cradling two balls both work ok.)

That's how they all work that I've played. It's a tight shot.

#1184 8 years ago
Quoted from nicoga3000:

Is the full set of Cliffy's "required" on this game? I'm getting the Munchkin Land one, but not sure about the rest. I'm skipping the magnet and rollover ones because they really make the playfield look tacky. But the holes...Yay/nay?

Nay.

#1188 8 years ago
Quoted from Nokoro:

Yeah, the drilling into my brand new machine part is the part that really scares me.

Don't worry...it's easy.

#1215 8 years ago
Quoted from cscmtp:

So last week I had my best game ever, almost 4 million (398 million to be exact) and today I had another 3 million game. Needless to say, I LOVE this pin and this new update!

Isn't that almost 400 Million then? Now THAT would be an incredible game of WOZ!!!

#1289 8 years ago
Quoted from nicoga3000:

I have SO many wonderful things to say about this game from a game play and rules standpoint, but I'm still putting them together for my review.
Until then, I need someone to weigh in on this...I've felt the clear, and it's not chipped. It looks like a bubble UNDER the clear. Should I be worried?
20160331_173914_(resized).jpg

Where are we looking? There is a piece of Mylar in front of the wizard saucer. Maybe you mean that?

#1293 8 years ago
Quoted from Pindufus:

Never happened to me and I haven't heard anyone discuss it before. Initial thought is you have your flipper coil setting too high.

Or the wire guide is too low...gently bend it up so it is higher. Never heard of an air ball like that!

#1301 8 years ago
Quoted from goren1818:

I have had two different castle playfields and they both have been like that. It has been pretty hard for me to change the sensitivity. I found it easiest to bash down the doors and shoot the rescue loop to spot letters.

Just adjust the leaf contacts on the targets...

#1305 8 years ago
Quoted from nicoga3000:

Anyone ever have an issue where all the light boards stop working after the game sits in attract mode for a good chunk of time? Turned the game on yesterday to play but got side tracked. Came back after the game sat for probably 20 minutes and none of the boards were on. I had to reboot the game to get them working.
E: Also, I've noticed that the strength of my VUK's changes throughout the game. Any idea what would cause that? Crystal Ball VUK once shot the ball around the bend and onto the playfield. Recently, it popped the ball up and barely made it.

What's your software rev? Get the latest if you don't have it. For coil power...how is the power feed to your game?

1 week later
#1350 8 years ago
Quoted from nicoga3000:

Played a few games over lunch - first time I've seen a Munchkin Multiplier. How do I get those? Made my Munchkin mode worth like 180k.

Horse of a different color shot behind the upper right flipper. Hit that when you have a full stable of all different colored horses or all the same color and it's a "win". A win gets you 0.5 added to the multiplier for munchkin modes. It's applied during bonus.

#1357 8 years ago
Quoted from Nokoro:

I thought a loss added 0.5 to the multiplier while a win added +1. Am I wrong?

A loss adds nothing...it might even drop you 0.5, but it never goes below 1.

#1361 8 years ago
Quoted from iepinball:

A loss doesn't add or subtract the multiplier. It will drop you down one level of horses, so if you're at 5 horses after failing you'll go back to 4, and 4 is the lowest.
For successes, 4 horses = +.5x, 5 horses = +1x, 6 horses = +1.5x, 7 horses = +2x. Maximum multiplier is 10x.

Learn the shot, you can get MONSTER bonuses if you get good at it.

Well, there you go...I think I might have to concentrate more on that! I thought it just added 0.5x per win. So if you "win" twice you're at 2.5x?

#1363 8 years ago
Quoted from iepinball:

If you succeed twice in a row, yes, plus you'll light an extra ball after the 5 horse success.

Sweet, that's some HUGE point potential then. Hot damn!

#1366 8 years ago
Quoted from nicoga3000:

So I'm still confused on how HOADC works. Do I need 4 or 5 horses? What's the importance of the colors?
Also, I think I need to start trying to control my multiballs more. My current approach is basically controlled chaos - shoot shots while the balls are going bonkers. I need to learn to trap up and take my time.

For the first HOADC you need 4. If your collect a stable of 4 and "win" with the shot behind the upper flipper, then the next one requires 5, the next 6, I think up to 7?. A "win" is a stable of all different colored horses or all the same color. Different colors are worth different points. Someone can probably dig up the point values. Rainbow horses are wild cards and can count as a different or same color, depending on what your going for. Cows I think might be wildcards too?

#1374 8 years ago
Quoted from craigj:

Awesome. I could live without the shaker I think. Will the glass on the Ruby Red reduce glare a lot? I'd like to hear from people that have seen the glare on the standard vs the le. Does the music get repetitive? Thanks guys!

The shaker is awesome...don't live without it. Music doesn't get repetitive to me as there are lots of different tracks that play.

1 week later
#1399 7 years ago
Quoted from Nokoro:

Two questions:
1. I just noticed that the munchkin multiplier that you get from collecting HOADC doesn't carry over from ball to ball. Is there a way to change that in settings? I didn't see one.
2. Do people find the hurry ups to be lucrative in terms of points? I don't have time to watch the screen to see how many points I'm getting from them, but it doesn't seem like a lot.

1) Only good for that ball...no carry-over. Not sure why you'd want it as it would be too powerful.
2) not huge points, but if you shoot for it and get it then it will build up to pretty decent points. I go for them early when not much else has built up yet, but ditch them when more lucrative things start lining up.

1 week later
#1426 7 years ago
Quoted from Nokoro:

Ugh! I was in the wicked witch battle, thinking now is the time I'm finally going to melt the witch, when one of my balls got stuck between the drop target and the plastic protector above it. The target kept bouncing up and down rapidly, keeping the ball trapped. It wouldn't stop. I was afraid I was going to break something, so I quickly opened the coin door to cut the power to the coils. I closed it quickly, but it was too late. Double drain!
Is there a setting for coin door ball save? I didn't see one in the menus.

Nope, not an option.

#1433 7 years ago

Munchkin mode points are awarded during bonus count, including multipliers.

#1435 7 years ago
Quoted from Nokoro:

So I don't need the multiplier while I'm playing the mode, is that right? I just need it before I lose the ball?

Correct. If you have a great munchkin mode go for the horses that ball!!

#1443 7 years ago
Quoted from EricPinball:

I like this. Witte horse is a cow and also make The cow sound when made.

Yep...I wonder if there is a cow in TH?

#1446 7 years ago
Quoted from Nokoro:

Ok, I'm still confused about this. Let's say I play Lollipop Lullaby and get 10,000 points. I have a Munchkin multiplier of 1.5x. At the end of ball bonus screen it will say:
Lollipop Lullaby 10,000
Munchkin Multiplier 1.5x 10,000
So, in both cases, it says 10,000 points. I should get 15,000 points. Perhaps that is calculated and not shown except in the total? If so, what is the meaning of showing "Munchkin Multiplier 1.5x 10,000"?

That's how it's always been. Keith explained it once somewhere...it is confusing, but the multiplier is actually applied first.

1 week later
#1484 7 years ago
Quoted from Eryeal:

Happened to me once as well - never again. Seems to be very rare.

Ditto...saw it maybe once or twice. Power up glitch. I wouldn't worry about it.

#1495 7 years ago
Quoted from Nokoro:

What do the two witch light inserts in front of the witch mean? Sometimes they are both green; sometimes one is green; sometimes one is orange; sometimes one is orange and the other is flashing. . . . I may have this a bit mixed up, but can anyone explain the different configurations? Thanks!

Orange is for skillshot I believe, one green light means you've hit her once, two means you've hit her twice...I think.

1 week later
#1510 7 years ago
Quoted from nicoga3000:

I think all the mods are nice, but I really feel that only 3 things are "necessary" additions or modifications:
1) Indypinhead's plastic protectors - a bitch to install, but broken plastics are the worst.
2) Cliffy protectors on the 2~VUKs and Throne Scoop - castle VUK protector will have you cussing, but protecting those holes should be A1 priority as that's the first spot to wear.
3) Lit State Fair balloon - this should have been a factory thing because of how perfect it is.
Regarding the castle walls, yes - you leave the plastic "dome" off. They don't obstruct any of the targets. I never bothered with the candy stickers because stickers will peel and start to look tacky over time. The default look works fine for me. I can't weigh in on which ones are best.
On powder coating, green looks so damn good on this game. If I ever coat mine, that emerald green that's on the ECLE would be the only way to to go IMHO. The red is gorgeous, but the green is ace.
Not counting the 3 "necessary" additions above, I would say one of the lighted Winkie targets would be an excellent buy. I bought mine from Mezel Mods, but Indypinhead also makes one (I think).

You're missing the Munchkinland cliffy. That is waaay more important than the VUK Cliffys.

2 weeks later
#1550 7 years ago
Quoted from sillyoldelf:

Does anybody know what the coil strength settings in milliseconds means. Is a higher millisecond number on things like pop bumpers more gentle than lower? Or is the strength constant with only a time delay between firing?
Not sure how to make them less powerful.

Higher millisecond, higher power. It's how long the coil is active when firing. Lower the time active to make them weaker.

1 week later
#1596 7 years ago
Quoted from pcprogrammer:The RR has the toto toy, tornado toy and molded castle walls. All the other versions don't have those I believe. Also, I could have swore I read somewhere that the ECLE models had a slightly smaller screen that was vga. 1 inch smaller screen? Someone correct me if I'm wrong. A lot of people say the RR has the best looking topper. Also the ECLE had direct print cab vs decals on newer ones.

Wrong on the screen size...and even if true, the backglass opening would kill any benefit the screen size would have brought. Early, early WOZ machines used the VGA port and maybe had slightly less resolution(?). But that is less than 20% of them I'd say. They switched to DVI pretty early I believe. Color is an obvious difference too. I personally don't like the red at all. Wood apron on ECLE only. Castle walls, tornado, toto, lollipop targets on RR only. Toppers different. Think they both have shakers. Screen borders/HUD are red on RR, green on ECLE.

It comes down to personal preferences.

#1598 7 years ago
Quoted from 27dnast:

Just to note, you can buy the RR molded add-one from back alley creations. I did, and they are super!

True, you can buy all those add-ons that the RR has...

#1603 7 years ago
Quoted from Mike_J:

Don't some of the standards have the direct print clearcoated cabinet?

Yes, the early standards did.

#1611 7 years ago
Quoted from Nokoro:

Just had an awesome game where everything went right! Melted the witch. Completed ECMB. Started Haunted Forest Multiball with ECMB and with 2x crystal ball scoring all stacked together. Ultimately, I got a score of 965,563, my highest to date. I wish I could have pushed it over the edge to 1,000,000, but not today.
All in all, even though I play a 3 ball game, I had 6 balls with the extra balls that were awarded to me. Just curious how many people play 3 ball vs. 5 ball games. I've heard a lot of people do 5 balls, but I think if I did that, my best games would last perhaps too long. I don't consider myself a great player, but once I get to know a table, I usually have a decent number of good games that can last a while.

3 ball is the only way to go.

1 week later
#1647 7 years ago
Quoted from 27dnast:

How many owners have kept the slipper/flipper bats on the game?
After about a week, I ordered red sparkly flipper bats from Planetary and pulled the slipper/flippers. To my eyes, this was a huge improvement in the overall look of the game from a player's perspective. Really had a hard time with the look and size of those red shoes mounted on the flippers...

I kinda like the slippers...I kept mine on.

#1665 7 years ago
Quoted from TaylorVA:

I have had the original bats snap in half. I replaced them with the black ones from JJP but did order some ruby reds from PPS to have.
Melted the witch today while playing with my kids, it never gets old.

While playing with your kids? Looks like a one player game to me! LOL!

#1667 7 years ago
Quoted from TaylorVA:

One was on AFM next to me and the other on Super Soccer. They don't like to play on the same game with me as I apparently take too long.

#1679 7 years ago
Quoted from pcprogrammer:

I bought the WOZ Munchkinland Chrome Edge Protector from modfather, I also got the full kit of cliffy's and it also came with an edge protector. The Cliffy one has 4 screws and I have to remove the playfield and install it. I'm a little nervous to start putting screws into the Munchkinland playfield. What does everyone think of the Modfather one? It just has some 3m adhesive tape on it, you just stick it on. I thought it might not hold long term? Could that adhesive cause any damage to the clearcoat on the edge?

Go the cliffy route. It's permanent and easy to install.

#1687 7 years ago
Quoted from 27dnast:

Glass on or off?

Man... That's quite an accomplishment

He did say outlanes closed up, but nice score.

#1705 7 years ago
Quoted from pcprogrammer:

Just got the mylar kit from JJP sent to me, they also sent those decals for the PF. Just thinking, should I just put down the decal in the state fair balloon area, for extra protection? I plan to own the game 10 years until the kids are off to college. My game is only 2 weeks old, the playfield is perfect. I haven't stuck down the mylar yet, just wondering if I should bother with those 3 additional stickers they sent. One is for the tree pops area, one is for the winkie target and one is for the balloon area, also have the mylar for all those areas too. Any thoughts?

Do not use the decals. Those are only to cover existing wear. Only use the Mylar.

#1719 7 years ago
Quoted from 27dnast:

What color is Flipper Frenzy in the Crystal Ball Mode?
I've never had Flipper Frenzy since the last code update!

You have to get through all 4 crystal ball modes (weak flippers = green, no hold flippers = red, lights on = yellow, lights off = dark blue) first, then flipper frenzy is next (light blue).

#1722 7 years ago
Quoted from 27dnast:

Ah....ok... has that changed since early code?
If not, then this is an embarrassing admission of my suck-ti-tude

It was like a regular mode and always available in early code. It's better the way it is now.

1 week later
#1749 7 years ago
Quoted from paynemic:

Can someone give me a good pic of why the munchkin cliffy is needed? I hear it's tricky to install, and my game is playing perfectly right now and I really don't want to take it apart.
Also, did I see someone had an easier and cheaper but uglier fix? I might be confusing two topics...

Not tricky at all...you just need to be careful when drilling the screw holes. It's pretty easy and definitely needed to avoid chipping your pf edge and art.

#1760 7 years ago
Quoted from Jakers:

Can anyone help me with the Oz head green lights? I tested voltage at the connector under the playfield and have 10.9 volts. So, I'm assuming the green LED strip is bad?
Thanks.

Yeah, probably...mine went bad early on. Get a replacement from JJP.

#1775 7 years ago
Quoted from Jakers:

Does resetting the high scores also reset the grand champion score?

Yes

1 month later
#1925 7 years ago
Quoted from coz6:

So I just rejoined - I had a preorder in 2013 never took delivery and sold it for Metallica LE now I find myself selling a non delivered GB to repurchase a woz LE.

Good move. The game is awesome and will be a classic IMO.

1 week later
#2101 7 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

So is there anywhere that displays your HOADC munchkin multiplier? I collected HOADC and played munchkin mode; I thought I had 4 different horses but didn't see any .5X multiplier in my bonus or on the game.
Also, I believe I completed ECMB. I had all the gifts and music was playing like I did something good. My question is where on the status report does it show the jewels for SOTR collected?
Thanks!

I believe the jewels are always displayed in the center of the screen in a circle. They're only lit when collected. You can usually tell if you collected a successful HOADC if there is another horse in your stable (bottom left of screen). It only increases the number of horses if you successfully collected all the same color or all different.

#2103 7 years ago
Quoted from capguntrooper:

I am looking at pictures of the different WOZ builds and keep coming across this WOZ tornado LED sign in different machines. I look at RR WOZ machines and see it is replaced with a sculpted tornado. Which one is preferred by players? Is the LED tornado hook up still in a RR WOZ? Thoughts?

The one with the LEDs was prototype only. It never made it to the production machines...the mode names were moved to the mini pf itself (as just art, not inserts).

#2114 7 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Thanks guys; i see the status page for SOTR now.
Now if only i can get HOADC collected with a big munchkin mode so i can boost past 500k

The jewels are on the main display too along with the emeralds. No need to go to a status page. (Unless I'm crazy). Can't verify at the moment.

#2118 7 years ago
Quoted from paynemic:

What is the good thing about hoadc? Am I understanding that it just adds .5 to my bonus multiplier? Is it the same multiplier that I rack up in the rollovers? It must be different because that is so much easier than the collect shot

It adds a multiplier to your munchkin modes played that ball!! Munchkin mode scores are always only added in during the bonus count. It came very ludicrous and much, much more valuable than the top lane multipliers.

#2119 7 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Ok I'll look for them. Think the only thing I've done for a jewel is complete ECMB. Is there a status page somewhere that displays your HOADC munchkin multiplier? I haven't seen that. And/or does it show the multiplier during bonus. Sorry for all the questions, these are things I look for when I 'think' I've opened up a certain progression line. Thanks.

I believe it shows the multiplier when you hit the HOADC collect shot in the upper right corner. It also shows when adding your bonus up, though I always thought the format was weird. It will show your munchkin mode bonus total and then under it show the same score with the multiplier next to it. Keith explained why once, but I forget the reason now.

#2248 7 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Is it me or when the bonus is displayed for munchkin + HOADC it's wrong - it shows the same exact score. For example it shows:
Munchkin 60,000
HOADC +1.5x 60,000
Shouldn't it display like 30,000 extra points? Am I not reading it correctly?

It's correct, though I never liked it...if you have more than one munchkin mode on a ball it becomes clearer I believe.

1 week later
#2382 7 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

OK - it seems like though that i can light whichever lane I want so I was thinking the ball would need to go down the
lit lane that I'm choosing with flippers no?
Also - just realized the legs come out of dorothy's spinning house. That's great - how do you get that to happen
in game?

Nope...unlit one. For the skillshot you want to go through the lit one, but for regular gameplay the goal is to light both.

The legs come out of the house when you've spun the house enough times and the munchkin mode starts while the ball is held on the magnet above the upper right flipper.

3 weeks later
#2543 7 years ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

I'm not in this club but I'm trying.

At this point (Hobbit not complete yet), I'd say WOZ is better than TH...we'll see after TH gets polished up though.

#2557 7 years ago
Quoted from Chosen_S:

Didn't hobbit receive its last code update at expo?

WOZ was "complete" at 2.0 or 3.0 as well. TH needs polish. More call-outs, sound effects, BoFA needs serious polish, a final wizard mode needs added (that most will never reach, LOL), lighting effects, etc...

If it's truly done now I'll be pretty disappointed.

1 week later
#2645 7 years ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

ADVISE NEEDED: Ok... here is the deal. I can get a used RRWOZ in great shape. Built December, 2015. But to do so, i have to trade these to items. NO CASH!! He wants my TZ (very nice condition) and my 20 anniversary galaga pacman. What should i do? Bad deal for me or great deal for me?

Financially it sounds like an ok deal. About even. WOZ > TZ and Pacman IMO.

#2653 7 years ago
Quoted from pinballinreno:

Bad deal for you.
Its much easier to find a lower cost WOZ that it is to find a TZ in really good shape.

Yeah, but if you're ready to move on why does that matter?

#2695 7 years ago

It appears to be working properly.
The crystal ball is supposed to give you hints as to what you might do to start a mode ot to continue progress towards a mode.
It does not run continuously.

No, it doesn't. It just reacts to things you hit instead of showing what you should hit.

#2705 7 years ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

QUESTION: I have a quick question on the RRWOZ i just got. I had to make a few adjustments, not a big deal. But, this one i am not sure about. Everyone knows what it sounds like when the ball hits the sling shots. Well, when i launch the ball and it hits the slings at the top before it comes down, those slings sound different. Not sure how to describe it but just don't sound like it should or sound like the slings at the bottom of the playfield near the flippers. Any input would be appreciated.

The "sling" at the top has a different sound. It's more of a chop sound than a snap.

#2708 7 years ago
Quoted from bhwolf:

Any particular reason to wait? I went from 1.x to 6.06, really didn't take long.

6.06 is complete...why wait?

#2730 7 years ago
Quoted from bhwolf:

What happens when the boards fail? LEDs go out? Game locks up?

LEDs go out on the bad board and also whatever is after it in the line. You can bypass the bad board in the settings to get it mostly working while waiting for a replacement.

1 month later
#2956 7 years ago
Quoted from DCFAN:

Blowing fuses I believe.

Mine has always worked perfectly.

2 weeks later
#2991 7 years ago
Quoted from agodfrey:

Played woz in league today. Did terrrrribly. Like really bad. Like really really bad. I need to sort this out, haha

It's a brutal game.

1 week later
#3020 7 years ago

Yes, all the RR versions are mirco.

#3023 7 years ago
Quoted from ronaldvg:

Do we know that for certain? Because my WoZ and Hobbit playfields have the Mirco logo on it just below the "2011 JFB" text.

I guess nothing is ever certain, but the first RR came out after all that pf hubbub. I know because my WOZECLE came out at the very end and I was pissed some RR versions were built before mine. At least I was certain to get the mirco version.

#3025 7 years ago
Quoted from GotAQuestion:

Is anyone else's playfield chipping where the shooter lane meets the "Horse of a Different Color" under-flipper shot? I've got, probably 600 or so games into my WoZRR and that connection point is definitely chipped. It's not something that bothers me exactly, I'm just curious how common this is. I don't exactly think it will spread.

I've never seen one that is...post a pic.

1 week later
#3085 7 years ago
Quoted from bobukcat:

Sure seems like using the ball trough test is a lot easier to me, no need to lift playfield and / or deal with the gravity gate at all. You do need to either close the coin door or pull the interlock switch out but that's pretty simple to do.

Pull the glass, open the coin door, and manually eject the balls one by one. No need to lift the playfield.

#3097 7 years ago
Quoted from DeathHimself:

I have been so far out of the loop on this game in fact when I sold my ECLE it was at version 1.03. Now seeing that the code is at 6.06 I believe, is that a final version or are they still tweaking it? And for you guys who stuck this game out from the beginning what is your feelings about it from back then versus where she sits now. Thanks

1.03 to 6.06? Two completely different games. Leagues better with code.

#3100 7 years ago
Quoted from GotAQuestion:

I never played the 1.03 code, but the game has left me wanting absolutely nothing on the 6.06 code. I hear there are a couple of freezing issues if you leave the game on 24-48 hours, but I think the longest I've run mine is 8 hours and had no issues. I was actually thinking yesterday if there was anything I wished they'd add, and I couldn't come up with anything. The game is really deep and even over 600 plays now I still have unique games. Recently I stacked Haunted Multiball, Munchkin Multiball, ECMB, and Lights On MB and it was a crazy experience that I'm unlikely to see again for a long time.
Unrelated to that: Someone yesterday was wishing for more extra ball options. I just discovered that completing a 5 horse HOADC correctly will also light extra ball. Might be common knowledge but it was news to me. So... there's another option besides being really good at Fireball Frenzy or really really "good" at WIZARD mystery rewards.

Well, the YBR gives one too. That's the easy one to get.

1 week later
#3154 7 years ago

Finally broke a flipper bat on my eclewoz #332 !
4000 plays and the left flipper bat is loose on its shaft. The ruby slipper is perfect. no chips or cracks after the initial gluing with CA gel.
The bat itself shows little signs of wear. Gorilla glue on the shaft was a total failure as a quick repair....
I put in a couple white Wms ones while waiting for parts, a perfect fit.
I ordered a couple fresh ruby red flipper sets from Joe at JJP, a quick and painless transaction, incredibly helpful and patient.
Those people there are just a joy to work with, excellent team!
I wonder if the ruby red sparkly flippers are less robust that the regular bats? Maybe a different material?
Its ok though as my wife loves them regardless of the long term duability, and is counting the days until the replacements arrive
I would think that location games might have standard flipper bats if they are more durable.

Yes, the red sparkly flippers are weaker and we're abandoned about halfway through the production runs of the ECLE.

#3165 7 years ago
Quoted from Spg101:

What's up with the slipper Delam on the shoes? I plan to own my game for many years to come. Should I order some now and if so what should I order? Ordered Cliffy's protectors but my munchkin land playing field has already chipped. JJP won't warranty so I'm paying for it. Kind of sucks since the chip happened in less than two weeks...

No need to order any slippers. If they happen to fall off (mine haven't) just super glue them back on.

#3197 7 years ago
Quoted from merccat:

Get good at stacking modes and watch for munchkin frenzy. Start that along with a stacked multi ball rolling (say ECMB plus a Haunted mode and a Crystal Ball mode)... keep the multiball active through the enire munchkin mode and land a HODC multiplier... you'll have a score over 600k on that ball alone... heck your end of ball bonus might be 600k

Easier said than done, but yes stacking is the key.

1 week later
#3384 7 years ago
Quoted from merccat:

Yep P21S every 500 or so plays, Novus 1 a few times between P21S makes a happy playfield.

You know Novus is a plastic cleaner, right? Use simple green instead.

#3486 7 years ago
Quoted from shicketmaster:

The summarize,
Even though this machine has been out for a few years JJP still builds a machine that can have poor initial quality (or they have a poor QA department for not catching these issues before they leave the factory) and took 3ish years to build WOZ machines with light boards that are finally appropriately designed even though they recognized the problem and started building another pin with the well designed boards a year ago.
Just saying....seems like you keep giving JJP a total pass because they are nice and honor their warranty. Don't forget, Hyundai started their 10 year warranty because the quality wasn't there.
And Automated doesn't honor verbal agreements so make sure that if you work with them that everything is in writing, or don't go with them at all because their customer service appears to be lacking.
Did I get that right?

To answer your question, no.

#3535 7 years ago
Quoted from paynemic:

Earlier in the thread I read someone protected the mini munchkin playfield with something other than the Cliffy. I'm a big fan of cliffys, but the difficulty to install on this one has me shying away. I don't like drilling playfields at all. Anyone have any thoughts?

It's not difficult at all. It's quite easy actually. Very worth doing. Don't go ghetto with tape.

1 week later
#3560 7 years ago
Quoted from lllvjr:

they went to decals after the emerald were done.

No, they went to decals on the standards about halfway through the ECLE run. Then RR came out before the ECLE was done. RR are ALL decaled. ECLEs are ALL direct print. I'd say there is a few hundred standards with direct print cabs.

1 week later
#3599 7 years ago
Quoted from Schabs81:

So i noticed last night, my decal on front of cab is starting to bubble. Around coin door and one other spot. I bought nib and havent owned a month yet waiting to hear back from jjp. Anyone else have issues ?

First, tell JJP or your distributor so they are aware of it. You'll probably get sent a new front decal too. I'd remove the coin door, break out the hair dryer, and flatten the bubbles out toward the nearest edge.

1 week later
#3629 7 years ago

I skip trying to spell rescue and go straight to the door, bash it and get it open, then hit the scoop behind the door, each time you hit it, you get a letter, and once spelled you hit it one last time to get rescue MB going.

MUCH easier to spell rescue via the loop.

1 week later
#3684 7 years ago

I am a bit late on this: Mylar added to pops for early WOZ builds
Finally got around to contacting JJP support when my state fair board lost the R in RGB on one insert.
However, I was a bit perplexed. I was told I would be getting a mylar artwork sticker for the two pop areas (state fair and trees). But my PF is not damaged, I wanted to put mylar there to prevent it. I asked if clear mylar was an option and was told only the stickers were available. (so they are currently on their way)
To those that added these? was it clear mylar? a mylar covered sticker? if you had no PF damage, did you just cut your own mylar?
Curious as to others' experience with this.

I got clear Mylar precut. The printed stickers are only for if there is wear.

Edit: I have yet to find the time to install it though.

#3689 7 years ago
Quoted from thunder001:

I just got a WOZ brand new out of the box and played all day yesterday with my kids. I ran some tests this morning and I'm finding when I run the all LED light test to each color not all the LED's on the playfield are changing to the same color. Is this right or are some of the LED's not the RGB? I've read these machines have issues with the light boards and I'm not sure if this is a problem or the way they should work.

Not all the same color? They should be, unless you are talking about the tiny yellow brick road inserts. Those are always slightly off since they used yellow colored inserts there instead of clear.

#3701 7 years ago
Quoted from thunder001:

I've checked all connections and can't find any loose. This is frustrating! A new machine and already not working!

Probably a bad board. Since you have a 2015 build you are on the version 1 light system. I had a bad board upon unboxing my game. Replaced it, and it's been rock solid ever since. Follow the chain of light boards to the one that's acting weird. You can "bypass" the bad board physically and in the software settings to test and to play while waiting for a replacement. Mine was a single LED GI board that was the culprit.

1 week later
#3752 7 years ago

Love the new addition.

IMG_3847 (resized).JPGIMG_3847 (resized).JPG

#3757 7 years ago
Quoted from shicketmaster:

I didn't know you could make it fit on top of the well. I'm sold now.

The well and red smoke are actually one piece. It's made REALLY professional.

1 week later
#3779 6 years ago
Quoted from Chosen_S:

Is that a different witch???

Yes, search for Red Smoke mod. It's an awesome must have WOZ mod.

1 week later
#3814 6 years ago
Quoted from capguntrooper:

I knew it! My res from my download is off, can you pm me your code update link, mine has my res really low and it is buggy

Pretty sure it's auto-detect? Check all your cabling and the displays native resolution. Some early ones are different.

#3830 6 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Rare, but there have been a few.
LTG : )

Mine was one of the rare ones...replaced the strip and all is well. Not sure how one can go bad, but it happens.

#3831 6 years ago
Quoted from TomT:

Yeah I know a tiny strip the connector is good I'll check it in the flash test has anyone had to replace one?

It's an easy replacement. No sweat.

#3840 6 years ago
Quoted from knockerlover:

Hey guys just joined over the weekend w/ a RR. I noticed the same thing that the plexi wizard was never really lit. The LEDs glow dimly and do brighten a little when you hit the scoop but I wouldn't say it illuminates the wizard. Is this normal or is mine possibly bad also?

If it isn't bright green then yours is bad too. Look at pics of other games or check out a friends. It should be obvious though. Mine went "dim" a year or two ago. I bet yours is bad.

2 weeks later
#3908 6 years ago
Quoted from dgarrett:

I had the throne room strip go out too. Simple part, unsolder 2 wires, resolder, adhesive backed strip.

Solder?

Mine has a plug.

1 week later
#3930 6 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Anyone think it's worth it to replace perfectly working, but unbufered 7.5v light boards with the new 2.0 boards? Cost is probably $800-$1k but wondering in the long run if it would be worth it?
My WOZ ECLE was made late Oct 2013 and has 7.5v unbufered light boards, not the original 5v boards. I haven't had any issues with them at all.
I've considered replacing the game with a Ruby Red but don't want to give up the collectiblity factor of the ECLE, prefer the look of the ECLE, like the clear coated apron and the direct printed cabinet is gorgeous.
Seems like issues with the 7.5v unbufered boards are hit or miss. Some have had issues with them, others none.

No. Why replace perfectly good components unless you are having a ton of failures? Mine has been solid. Would never think to replace anything unless I start to have lots of issues one after another...not remotely likely to happen at this point.

1 week later
#3966 6 years ago

Awesome! More WOZ polishing!

2 weeks later
#3994 6 years ago

My game is brutal in that a rejected or missed crystal ball shot often goes straight into the left outlane.

#4025 6 years ago

If $500+ cheaper I'd go used, no question. Give it a good inspection though.

#4035 6 years ago
Quoted from rai:

Thanks
Rad Cal are not my idea, but the dealer has one coming with them so that's the deal (trade my pin)
I'd say if I could get not Rad Cal for less but I think he said they're mostly making the RR with them

Rad Cals look fantastic. Super shiny. Not sure they're worth $400 or whatever they cost though. Go used. $1000 is a lot of scratch.

#4045 6 years ago
Quoted from rai:

Sorry to be OT regarding my pending game, I should have just started a new thread.
----
Back to the game. I've not played it too much yet, still waiting for my pin.
Was curious about the horse targets, if people worry about collecting them or does it just happen? If you collect a wrong color how do you get rid of it? I mean say you have R G Y Y as an example. Do you just cash that in or can you get rid of a Y or get rid of R G by adding rainbow or Y Y?

It's a FIFO scenario. So if you collected R, G, Y, and another Y on the first level (4 horses) and you get an Orange the stable would look like G, Y, Y, O. So, basically you have to start over. I believe the slingshot under the OZ lanes changes the available horse colors on the shots and Glinda can too.
It's worth going for horses to get the second level extra ball OR if you had a nice munchkin mode or two that ball. Otherwise I ignore them.

#4046 6 years ago

By the way...the lighting system "issue" is waaay overblown in my opinion. I had one bad board on mine immediately upon unboxing my game years ago (a single GI board, 7.5 V -no buffer board). I did the bypass board thing and the game played perfect without it. When I received the replacement board I installed it and unbypassed it. It's been rock-solid ever since. Only other issue I've had in the years I've had it was a bad Wizard Head LED strip. That was a cheap 5 minute replacement.

Saying that, I know people had real issues with the 5v boards and were having to replace them like crazy...7.5v boards are solid in my experience.

#4051 6 years ago

Im just saddened that the sparkly ruby slipper flippers didnt work out and are out of production, they were cool!
I replaced mine with the new red ones and they actually work a bit better as I think they are stiffer, but still I loved the sparkly ones.

They don't have the slippers on the newer games? Or are you talking about the bats themselves?

#4053 6 years ago
Quoted from merccat:

The bats themselves. Originally they had a bat with sparkles but they ended up not being durable enough so they went with a solid bat. The red slippers are still on top.

Oh, ok. Yeah, the bats were replaced VERY early on as the sparkly ones were breaking.

#4084 6 years ago

My idea for a KILLER WOZ mod (please someone make it, I don't have the time): put a Whirlwind type fan topper on the game and activate it whenever the house spinning motor is running. Would be spectacular! Dress up the topper to look like the WOZ tornado and we'll have a winning mod that would sell thousands.

#4087 6 years ago
Quoted from Pimp77:

My idea for a KILLER WOZ mod (please someone make it, I don't have the time): put a Whirlwind type fan topper on the game and activate it whenever the house spinning motor is running. Would be spectacular! Dress up the topper to look like the WOZ tornado and we'll have a winning mod that would sell thousands.

Depends on how awesome the mod is. i.e. How powerful (yet quiet) the fan is, how it's integrated into the game, how it looks, etc, etc.

#4090 6 years ago
Quoted from rai:

I'd be interested in options regarding Woz, many have owned Woz 3+ years. Interested to hear from longtime owners love the game still? I'm planning to get my own RR late to the party but I'm mainly interested in a long term relationship. Hopefully Woz is something that's timeless and gets better with age. I've not played Woz enough to say yet but I think I've played enough to have an idea.
Particularly regarding the code, I believe Tspp is (in my experience) the best pinball code plus LotR. Hopefully Woz code is as good or better than those great games. It's surely gotten enough time to develop and many updates. I've been advised from other owners how great Woz is, and especially since I'm all about the code it sounds like exactly the pin for me.
Was debating DI (newer) but kept coming back to Woz especially after viewing some tutorials as up to now I really didn't understand what was going on (have just read the rules a few times also).

Still love mine. It would be the last to leave my game room.

#4119 6 years ago
Quoted from altan:

Sorry for the simple question, but googling or searching Pinside brings up a zillion false positives.
What exactly does the crystal ball do for gameplay?
Also, I'm about 6'4" and I had to bend down to see the ball's video. Is it adjustable?
... Altan

For gameplay? Zero. It displays what was last hit, not what you need to hit like you would think a crystal ball would do. I NEVER look at it. It's worthless.

#4127 6 years ago

It can give you hints as to what is available to hit. I look at it once in awhile and its fun!

It doesn't give hints. It reacts to your shots...sometimes it is delayed and may appear to be showing something you need, but it's really not. It's still a neat feature that looks cool, but totally worthless gameplay-wise.

1 week later
#4145 6 years ago
Quoted from rockrand:

I like the standards stainless trim and ramps more than green or ruby but to each his own and I like the standards topper better.
Game is a masterpiece imho

The standards topper is better for sure, but I like the sparkly green best for trim. It's why my ECLE has a standard topper.

2 weeks later
#4206 6 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

One other one - for those with pinbulbs LED kit - I have it on mine and really like it. Only time I'm not a fan is when it's lights out mode, the LED kit doesn't turn off. Anyway to get it to work with that mode?

The point of lights out mode is to kill the pf lights so you don't know what to shoot for, not kill the GI so you can't see the ball!!! Leave it.

2 weeks later
#4291 6 years ago
Quoted from DANGERTERROR:

Speaking of shiny pinballs, mine get scratched and scuffed in WOZ about 4x as fast as any other game I have on route. Any idea what's going on here? I can't find a definite metal on metal culprit, by the shooter ramp, apron hooks, pops, and magnets are the main exposed areas I've adjusted so far. Magnets specifically have me suspicious...

Magnets are soft and don't really scratch the ball too badly. I'd look for a post without a rubber, exposed ball guide edge, lower your pop bumper strength, etc.

#4297 6 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

What power level do you guys keep your state balloon bumper at? Mine seemed a little strong as one bump into it can cause a frenzy of hits. Anyone else lower the strength?
Also sometimes the auto plunger shoots the ball a little to the left and it cuts the speed down as it grazes a little. Anyone experience that?

Definitely lower the state fair balloon bumper a few notches.

1 month later
#4444 6 years ago

When are we going to get the sparkly lighting effects back???

#4450 6 years ago
Quoted from rai:

I'm having a problem with my Woz, the ball eject will sometimes fail to pop the ball up and will require 2-3 tries.

LOWER the power as far as you can still getting the ball up far enough and also bend the tab at the exit of the popper.

1 month later
#4644 6 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

$8500 shipped for dile is very aggressive pricing. Lowest I’ve seen is 8600 not including shipping.

When they get to $7500 shipped I’m in.

#4647 6 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

Maybe for standard, doubt you'll ever see nib for an le at that price.

Probably, and you’ll never see me buy one NIB.

#4657 6 years ago
Quoted from apinballwiz:

This may sound kind of dumb but when you push the black button in the coin door to get into the menus are the playfield lights all suppose to turn white? Kind of annoying because there's a hum coming from the speakers when this happens. I would think that the playfield lights would go out when going into menus. Thank you!

Yes, it’s kinda like a flashlight and is pretty thoughtful. If you have a hum then you probably need a ground loop isolator installed.

1 week later
#4790 6 years ago
Quoted from check_switch_26:

Funny thing about the TNPLH lights: Until 6.60 they have always been white. They were not changed in 6.06/6.50. We even went so far as to install 5.05 in a game in the office and do an A/B comparison. No changes. I debated whether or not to try to make them more sepia-ish, and finally decided to change them for 6.60.
Also, no scoring changes were made to Melt the Witch.
--Ted

Ted, unless I’m absolutely crazy or my eyes are failing, the lighting during TNPLH absolutely used to be sepia, then it changed to white in a pretty late software revision.

#4799 6 years ago
Quoted from chalkup8:

Pimp 77 - did you mention the 'sparkles' are back with the latest update?
Why were they taken away? It's a nice effect.

I don’t think they were taken away on purpose...just a side effect to a previous update. Glad they’re back!

#4818 6 years ago
Quoted from Wiggy:

My brother (who aint a Pinsider) just ordered his first pinball machine, a WOZ 75th anniversary edition, which will be here in about a week.
Since he is totally new to the hobby I will try and help him out, even though im kinda new myself..
Anything in particular we should think about?
Any "must have" mods? Cliffys etc.
Known issues?
Gimme your opinions

The cliffy munchkinland protector is the only must...enjoy the game!

#4836 6 years ago
Quoted from Grateful_Pin:

What is best flash drive to use for JJP games. I need to update WOZ and DI but none of the drives I have seem to work. Thanks.

Samsung Cruzer. Never had an issue with one of those on JJP or Stern games.

1 week later
#4882 6 years ago
Quoted from whitey:

How rare is a direct print cabinet on a standard WOZ? I ordered it that way and was told not many made ?

Probably 4 or 5 hundred.

1 month later
#5074 6 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Its in the cab so thats probably y.... im not that worried about it really. Just wanted make sure it was normal

Yep, normal...it’s not as loud in the cab and is more of a thud than a thwack. I think DE games were like this too?

#5079 6 years ago
Quoted from billsfanmd:

How snug is the backglass on Woz?....I tried to lift the backglass and it really seemed almost impossible to slide up...Am I doing something wrong?

The first time you do it is tough...subsequent times are easier.

#5087 6 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

How many make this pin eaiser? Im finding it very difficult and with the deep ruleset im not getting anywhere lol. I have it playing very fast (jacked way up ) on factory settings with no replay extra balls . Thinking of just moving the outlanes in as they are like a vaccum. Don't look like much ajustment there so not sure if it will help much. Whats everyone else doing to make it better to play?

Don’t touch the outlanes...just throw a 5-7 second ball saver on so you don’t get stuck with a quick drain. You’ll learn what’s safer than not soon enough.

4 weeks later
#5250 6 years ago
Quoted from Reznnate:

I don't know...
Frankly, they didn't have to offer this upgrade at all. I'm extremely grateful they are actively trying to improve things.
The cost of this kit is substantial and I'm happy to help share costs so JJP stay in business. I love their games.
I do hope they keep the price at $800 and don't increase it.

If it’s a manufacturing defect they should provide the kits at cost. If you have a machine with issues, then it really SHOULD be made right by the manufacturer. It stinks having to pay another $800-$1100 because your machine had a faulty design that was recognized and fixed in later machines by JJP. It just doesn’t feel right.

#5254 6 years ago

The new games come with the 2.0 or newer system?

2 weeks later
#5344 6 years ago
Quoted from Pinballgoddess:

This is my hi score this morning after 3 1/2 years of playing.
Game set at 20 sec ball save, narrow outlanes, 3 ball game, extra balls enabled.
code 6.61 reserve player mode, locking bar set to virtual.
The game was 1 hour 10 mins. I know its not the highest score ever but its the best I have ever done!
I play it every night, I love this game!

20sec ball save!

Looks like it’s time to place the game back to factory with that score.

1 month later
#5407 5 years ago
Quoted from moonduckie78:

I saw a WOZ75 once that looked like it had a thick layer of lucite or acrylic sitting on top of the cabinet decals.
Is THAT what RadCals are? They were very sharp!

Yes, that’s them. They look great, very shiny...worth the price? Debatable.

1 week later
#5422 5 years ago
Quoted from Soulrider911:

Need your input fellow WOZ owners. I have have gone back and forth about getting one for over a year and finally going to do it. I have 2 great options near me:
1) ECLE - 2015 older boards around 800 plays seller asking 8250
2) Ruby Red 2017 model, flawless 250 plays seller asking 9000.
Both seem high on price what would you guys recommend ? Both machine and price thank you!

How old are the boards? 5v ones or 7.5v ones? Do you like the red trim or green trim? Care to have the wood apron? Only available on the ECLE. Which topper do you prefer? Check the monitor resolution as well...really old ones are connected via the VGA cable and have a slightly worse resolution.

The RR version has a few upgrades from the factory: molded castle walls, Toto basket, tornado, and lollipop targets. Do those interest you?

Is the price difference worth it? Up to you, though they both seem about a grand or more high on price.

#5427 5 years ago

Thanks pimp77 I’m leaning towards the RR, also single owner the ECLE is multiple. I was thinking fair price would be 8500.00 is that high?

I wouldn’t spend more than $8k on a used one personally...YMMV.

#5452 5 years ago
Quoted from pinballjah:

Can the connection be upgraded to improve the resolution? Thanks.

Don’t think so...it was a different screen.

#5473 5 years ago
Quoted from Beez:

WOZ Ruby Red 2.0 is ON THE WAY !!!
What protection (cliffy’s etc ...) do I need to order for It??
Super excited !!!! Please let me know - Thx

Cliffy munchkinland is the only must.

1 week later
#5607 5 years ago
Quoted from DANGERTERROR:

I installed the 2.0 kit in my ECLE this weekend. This is the second 100% lamp replacement this machine has had, from 5V to 7.5V and now to 2.0. I had constant lamp issues with both sets. Extremely excited to put that behind me.
*It took two experienced (PF swap level) people approx 12 hours to do. A third helped assemble lamp brackets.
*The back half of the (very good) instructions pointed to manual pages with wiring I only could pull up on my phone, I recommend printing those pages first.
*You have to drill pilot holes for the GI boards. Terrifying at first, but fine.
*The new wiring harnesses for GI and single LED boards are so tight I had to re-drill and reposition some lamps. Again, get those manual pages first to see how the lamps should ideally be positioned. The instructions implied you can wing it. Do not.
*Ethernet cabling is awesome.
*The mini PFs are still the worst thing ever to remove.
*It turned on and everything worked! When has that happened to anyone after a huge project, ever?

I don’t see the GI working in that pic.

#5609 5 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Hard to see. You can see it a little in Dorty's face by the state fair balloon, and the clock on the right return lane.
LTG : )

Ah yes...don’t see them in the slings though. Both slings are chipped on the lower corners, replace those and protect them!

1 month later
#5706 5 years ago
Quoted from rennervision:

Had a couple more questions for anyone.
During one ball (in the middle of Emerald City Multiball shortly after updating to 6.61 if that makes any difference), my monitor suddenly went out and all I had was a black screen at that point. I feared a warranty claim was imminent, but I just restarted my machine and all was well with the display. Does anyone else ever experience a glitch like this? I would hate to have this happen again if I have a good game going.
Also - maybe I'm not really understanding Rescue Multiball, but I hit the castle doors three times, they open, I knock the ball inside... and nothing really spectacular happens. My ball just ejects and gameplay resumes as normal. Is there something not registering that my ball made it into the castle? (Even though it ejects?)
EDIT: I think I answered my own question with the second one. I'm assuming the flying monkey has to capture a ball first. Although I'm not sure if I can do it backwards - enter the castle then get the ball captured to start Rescue Multiball.

You have to capture the ball with the monkey first, then spell “RESCUE”, then get the ball behind the doors. But be careful: if you spell rescue and hit the castle loop before getting the ball behind the doors it will lock a virtual ball and you’ll have to spell “RESCUE” again.

1 week later
#5743 5 years ago

Sadly I did not get to, the seller assured me it was 100% working. At this point not sure the evidence is supporting that.
To “bypass” a board do I just go into the menu and start turning them off?

You bought it and didn’t test it before paying and taking it home?!!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 9,800.00
Pinball Machine
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 29.99
Hardware
Classic Game Rooms

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

Playfield - Other
RavSpec

$ 130.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

13,000 (OBO)
$ 24.50
$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 199.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

Lighting - Interactive
Pinball Mod Co.

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Stephenson, VA
$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

Lighting - Led
Pinball Mod Co.

9,300 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Santa Maria, CA
14,356 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Roswell, GA
$ 345.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Pimp77.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/woz-fan-club-members-only?tu=Pimp77 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.