image (resized).jpg
767a905f-f768-44f4-b3e3-b2998967ff3c_text.gif
Photo Mar 30 2024, 5 42 30 PM (resized).jpg
20240316_125739 (resized).jpg
20240314_221748 (resized).jpg
20240314_215727 (resized).jpg
841FD4A1-7C8E-4E32-973D-DD8D05C4902E (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

12 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #1 Key posted, but no summary given Posted by TigerLaw (10 years ago)

Post #2584 Fan Replacement details Posted by bhwolf (7 years ago)

Post #7017 How to tell if your WOZ has 2.0 boards Posted by f3honda4me (5 years ago)

Post #7022 Balls not making it to shooter lane from trough - Fix Posted by LTG (5 years ago)

Post #7126 Location of the latest software update/version Posted by mavantix (5 years ago)

Post #7128 Update 7.01 notes - released April 16, 2019 Posted by thewool (5 years ago)

Post #7752 Fan Replacement how to and links Posted by f3honda4me (4 years ago)

Post #11015 Adjustment advice for the monkey Posted by LTG (3 years ago)

Post #12537 7.03 Code Release Posted by bobukcat (2 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider DeathHimself.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#3095 7 years ago

I have been so far out of the loop on this game in fact when I sold my ECLE it was at version 1.03. Now seeing that the code is at 6.06 I believe, is that a final version or are they still tweaking it? And for you guys who stuck this game out from the beginning what is your feelings about it from back then versus where she sits now. Thanks

#3098 7 years ago

Sounds like some positive remarks, wife has me thinking again about jumping back into the pool.

#3127 7 years ago

Been reading and hearing your comments on the progress WOZ has made over the years, I think we'll be jumping back into the pool again so we'll be grabbing an WOZRR shortly. Wife and family really like the red version.

#3133 7 years ago
Quoted from FlippyD:

Quick question: Is the 75th Anniversary topper supposed to light up? I just received mine (was back ordered) and sadly it was broken in transit. I decide to take a look at the mount and I didn't notice any LEDs and the topper didn't come with anything... Is this normal?

I believe it is, if you look 3 posts up that a RR and it appears to have lights at the topper

1 week later
#3158 7 years ago

Has anyone's winkie drop target just seem to stop coming back up? In the test settings it works both up and down but in game play it just don't come up. Nothing in settings were changed or disabled.

#3161 7 years ago
Quoted from DCFAN:

Check the microswitch at the bottom of the target to see if it is coming loose. A lot of people initially had the screws come loose.

Awesome, you hit the nail on the head. Thanks

Now for issue number two lol: The spring from the spinning house that pulls the legs back in popped off, found a washer, spring and e-clip. Any idea on how to open the house and to set the spring back in?

1 week later
#3242 7 years ago

The Indypinhead throne room sleeve I feel is a must also it really makes the wizard head pop out along with his lighted Winkie guard target and of course the wicked witch red smoke mod which I hope to get some day and finally mezel mods lighted flame pots for throne room.

#3246 7 years ago

Pots and sleeve and don't forget your trees

IMG_0412 (resized).JPGIMG_0412 (resized).JPG

IMG_0414 (resized).JPGIMG_0414 (resized).JPG

IMG_0415 (resized).JPGIMG_0415 (resized).JPG

#3248 7 years ago

Indypinheads is CNC and not 3D printed, the 3D ones will break soon enough and Indy has yet to have one of the CNC targets to bust.

#3255 7 years ago
Quoted from Radius118:

War of the Winkies!!!

My Winkie is harder then your Winkie

and pops up faster too!

#3257 7 years ago
Quoted from Radius118:

Which is why I don't drive a Corvette or some jacked up 4x4.

LOL, guess I'm out too with my Toyota Prius.

#3259 7 years ago
Quoted from KingBW:

Fire pots ... I bought mine a long time ago, but can't put them on. The nuts are stripped on the little black bolts on the throne room attachment. I figure I have to cut them off with a cut-off wheel and likely have to buy a new throne room plastic if I nick it with the bolts. Anyone run into this problem and have a solution? Not looking forward to this one.

Those should be nylon nuts so have you tried to put a vice grip on them and open with the screw driver? If you remove the toto plastic guard and spot light you should be able to access the nuts.

#3262 7 years ago

^^ was just about to suggest that, try a little outward pressure with the vice grips while turning.

1 week later
#3390 7 years ago
Quoted from KingBW:

What do you use for the intermittent cleaning of the playfield between waxings?

You can use a non petroleum based polish like pledge and others.

1 week later
#3527 7 years ago
Quoted from Nokoro:

I think someone said that they might have put some weather stripping on as a temporary measure until they got their cliffy, but I could be making that up.
Frankly, you should bite the bullet and install the cliffy. The piece of mind alone once it is done is worth it. I'm like you. I get extremely nervous about these types of things. And, despite what others said about this not being so bad, I found it pretty difficult. But, I don't have a lot of experience. Still, I got through it. Just follow the instructions and take it slow. When you put everything back together, double check the placement of the wires under the playfield. Make sure they are clear of the munchkinland flipper or it could affect the lights when you flip. Again, you'll feel better when you do this. Believe me, if I can get through it, anyone can.

I know of someone who used the thin 3m double sided tape to hold their cliffy on and it's still holding up very well. Worse case if it falls off just re-tape it back on. The tape was placed along the playfields exposed edge.

4 weeks later
#3661 7 years ago

By any chance did the new code drop as of yet? I know some of the newer run models has it installed already.

#3665 7 years ago
Quoted from mountaingamer:

Hi All - true WOZ addict here..... I let my WOZLE go about two years ago and have missed that game ever since. I swear my 14yr old has said at least 100 times "when are we getting another WOZ?", and so have friends and family. This game has kinda ruined pinball for me as everything now gets compared to it, and nothing really (maybe MMr)comes close.
Yesterday I said the hell with it and called and ordered a 75th from Jen to get my fix! Can't wait

I had done the same as you except I sold my WOZECLE three years ago when the code was still at 1.03. I guess at the time my impatience of substance and another machine caught my eye that pushed me to that decision. Now three years later and coding that took leaps and bounds over version 1.03 and I dare to say over any other machine I can think of, I went out and picked a Ruby Red. No regrets with that move, I love the RR and this one will be here to stay and you HAVE to get Steve's Wicked Witch Red Smoke Mod. That is totally awesome. Congrats as your about to fall in love all over again.

#3679 7 years ago
Quoted from Spg101:

Not that I would like this mod .... but everyone strand back and no one will get hurt... just TELL ME WHERE GOT IT!

$16.00 shipped.

ebay.com link: Wizard of Oz 18 Wicked Witch Of The East Legs Halloween Decoration Prop 9166

1 week later
#3714 7 years ago

I don't think there is any perfection light board version, however the versions 1.1 and onward have been way less problematic then their earlier versions. I have also read up there have been some hanging issues with the newer 2.0 as well, nothings perfect but if it's minimal and addressable don't worry about 1.1 vs 2.0 just enjoy the game.

2 weeks later
#3771 6 years ago

And make sure your on 6.11 firmware - balls in reserve is a cool feature!

Don't think JJP has released it on their site yet.

3 weeks later
#3892 6 years ago
Quoted from Guzz4851:

Were the ruby's shipped with buffered or unbuffered boards? The build date is 6/2015 for reference. Maybe someone can chime in and help. Thanks.

Post a pix of the board if you can.

2 weeks later
#3934 6 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

And I won't be doing tech support on this.

LTG : )

Arrghhh, I was just about to cast my vote for "Tech of the Year" too, now I have to reconsider j/k

No way in hell would I go through any of that, rather deal with a $20 led board IF a problem comes up. Now if a problem does come up, can you now replace an un-buffered 7.5v with one of the buffered ones?

4 weeks later
#3982 6 years ago
Quoted from DCFAN:

Yes, the spotlights would work. Just remember to use 12 volt LEDs. These worked well for me:

http://www.cometpinball.com/product-p/opmax12v.htm

Did you go with the natural or sunlight version.

#3985 6 years ago

Thanks, I think I'll give them a shout and ask the difference between the two. Wonder if it's just a matter of color temp.

1 week later
#4039 6 years ago

A lot has been made in the threads about the light system, however if it has 7.5 buffered boards and low plays and no wear that would be my option. A grand is a lot of hard earned cash to put out for a "what if, just in-case scenario that may never come to be".

1 month later
#4243 6 years ago

The witch has been kicking my butt lately.... here’s a cute video for inspiration

I know there is HOADC mode but I never knew about the WOADC (Woz Of A Different Color) mode. Love how you manage to turn your WOZ machine from red to green to red

#4245 6 years ago

That WOZECLE was 4 years ago..... man time flys

I bought it twice myself, had my WOZECLE #778 in 2013 then bought my WOZ RR early this year from someone with only 58 plays on it.

#4294 6 years ago
Quoted from WyseGuy:

RR showed up today, game plays but screen is black. What am I looking for?

either the power wire is loose or the video cable on the monitor, check both of those. Not many wires in the head, only 5 I believe. The other three are 1 -power for topper, and 2- stereo cables for speakers.

3 weeks later
#4418 6 years ago
Quoted from EricHadley:

I'm looking at a WOZ with a build date of 8/19/2015. I've been reading through some of the threads about the light board issues, but it is not clear to me what the resolution was and what build dates have all the correct working components. Can someone help me figure this out as I don't want to grab a problem game that won't be under warranty. Thx

I really think as been said many times the light boards issues are way over blown, yes the non buffered boards were terrible and the 7.5 non buffered were not any better IMHO, but once they buffered very few problems far and few in between. Any electrical component on any given day can have issues, even the 2.0 boards have had some so nothing is bullet proof but the odds were greatly reduced with the buffered boards and now take into consideration HUO environment the chances of failure reduces even more so. The biggest issues were static charges popping the non buffered boards, so in climate controlled homes , HUO setting you'll be fine. My WOZ RR was built 9/15 and have been loving it, I do hope you get one of the greatest machines ever made. Best of luck

#4431 6 years ago
Quoted from EricHadley:

I've noticed a couple of strange things with the WOZ I got on Saturday.
1) One time I turned it on and had no playfield lights, had to turn it off and back on and then it was ok
2) One time the crystal ball screen was all scrambled. Again, I rebooted the machine and it was fine
Just wondering if others have had this happen and if there is any particular solution? Thx

I have had the zero playfield lights once, and the crystal ball a few times. Now what I do is turn the power on and don't touch a button until she is fully booted. No problems since, although the CB sometimes the cable underneath can get loose as some reported and might have to be re-seated.

1 month later
#4518 6 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Work on WOZ continues.
LTG : )

When you finish Lloyd give us an idea on how long it took you, so I can x4 and know how long it will take me.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 85.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Wanted
$ 130.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

14,685 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Northport, NY
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 24.50
$ 5.00
$ 345.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 225.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 29.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 199.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 16.95
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 115.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Mt Zion, IL
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 55.00
Lighting - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider DeathHimself.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/woz-fan-club-members-only?tu=DeathHimself and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.