BBC45EB9-37B4-430E-B770-C8403A8E8F1F (resized).jpeg
E83552FC-D020-4B19-AB41-9BAECAE0F624 (resized).jpeg
WOZ Service.pdf (PDF preview)
Photo Feb 18 2024, 9 45 03 AM (resized).jpg
IMG_3923 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3924 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5353 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

12 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #1 Key posted, but no summary given Posted by TigerLaw (9 years ago)

Post #2584 Fan Replacement details Posted by bhwolf (7 years ago)

Post #7017 How to tell if your WOZ has 2.0 boards Posted by f3honda4me (4 years ago)

Post #7022 Balls not making it to shooter lane from trough - Fix Posted by LTG (4 years ago)

Post #7126 Location of the latest software update/version Posted by mavantix (4 years ago)

Post #7128 Update 7.01 notes - released April 16, 2019 Posted by thewool (4 years ago)

Post #7752 Fan Replacement how to and links Posted by f3honda4me (4 years ago)

Post #11015 Adjustment advice for the monkey Posted by LTG (3 years ago)

Post #12537 7.03 Code Release Posted by bobukcat (2 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider DANGERTERROR.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#4289 6 years ago

Speaking of shiny pinballs, mine get scratched and scuffed in WOZ about 4x as fast as any other game I have on route. Any idea what's going on here? I can't find a definite metal on metal culprit, by the shooter ramp, apron hooks, pops, and magnets are the main exposed areas I've adjusted so far. Magnets specifically have me suspicious...

8 months later
#5604 5 years ago

I installed the 2.0 kit in my ECLE this weekend. This is the second 100% lamp replacement this machine has had, from 5V to 7.5V and now to 2.0. I had constant lamp issues with both sets. Extremely excited to put that behind me.

*It took two experienced (PF swap level) people approx 12 hours to do. A third helped assemble lamp brackets.
*The back half of the (very good) instructions pointed to manual pages with wiring I only could pull up on my phone, I recommend printing those pages first.
*You have to drill pilot holes for the GI boards. Terrifying at first, but fine.
*The new wiring harnesses for GI and single LED boards are so tight I had to re-drill and reposition some lamps. Again, get those manual pages first to see how the lamps should ideally be positioned. The instructions implied you can wing it. Do not.
*Ethernet cabling is awesome.
*The mini PFs are still the worst thing ever to remove.
*It turned on and everything worked! When has that happened to anyone after a huge project, ever?

93076406-696F-4819-A6C8-A40C8C07040D (resized).jpeg93076406-696F-4819-A6C8-A40C8C07040D (resized).jpeg

#5610 5 years ago
Quoted from Pimp77:

Ah yes...don’t see them in the slings though. Both slings are chipped on the lower corners, replace those and protect them!

GI is working. Game is in a heavy play, dedicated pinball location and has fender washers but still gets chipped slings. With the washers on, why keep replacing the expensive sling plastics? The plight of the operator. When it comes home someday, perhaps.

1 month later
#5817 5 years ago
Quoted from DANGERTERROR:

I installed the 2.0 kit in my ECLE this weekend. This is the second 100% lamp replacement this machine has had, from 5V to 7.5V and now to 2.0. I had constant lamp issues with both sets. Extremely excited to put that behind me.
*It took two experienced (PF swap level) people approx 12 hours to do. A third helped assemble lamp brackets.
*The back half of the (very good) instructions pointed to manual pages with wiring I only could pull up on my phone, I recommend printing those pages first.
*You have to drill pilot holes for the GI boards. Terrifying at first, but fine.
*The new wiring harnesses for GI and single LED boards are so tight I had to re-drill and reposition some lamps. Again, get those manual pages first to see how the lamps should ideally be positioned. The instructions implied you can wing it. Do not.
*Ethernet cabling is awesome.
*The mini PFs are still the worst thing ever to remove.
*It turned on and everything worked! When has that happened to anyone after a huge project, ever?

Regarding 2.0 installation query above ^^^

BTW: No problems since the upgrade!

4 months later
#6355 5 years ago
Quoted from pinballinreno:

The motherboard is not unique, any suitable/similar replacement will work.
If in doubt, or lack the knowledge, order a replacement from JJP.
The usb stick is unique, and must be in place to run the JJP operating system.

I seem to recall JJP tweaking the bios for boot up which will be different with an off the shelf PC. I don’t, however, recall the details.

2 months later
#6650 5 years ago

Use Novus 1 for plastics but avoid 2 for a few years/decades. That’s for scratches, esp for restorations, not regular cleaning and polishing. Use Wizards Mist and Shine on the play field to clean and polish. JJP recommends this for anti static and pf care. This makes waxing a little much, methinks. Wizards does the trick.

#6658 5 years ago
Quoted from adol75:

Ok, I cancelled millwax and got mist and shine. Thanks !

It’s what JJP says so might as well! I use it on the Free Gold Watch WOZ which has like tens of thousands of plays and is still shiny, home use you should be gold.

#6660 5 years ago
Quoted from adol75:

Funny you mention, I played the WOZ at Free Gold Watch because I was wondering how it would hold in time, and I was impressed at how clean it was ! I go there usually once a week to get my shot of 90's SS, I should probably introduce myself somedays !

Hey thanks! I try to clean my games at FGW every week. I did not own that WOZ from the start, though, so there is some wear and tear. Luckily I have a PF to swap in new some day when I really feel like a project. It has the 2.0 lamps, too. That was quite a weekend. Good luck with your new WOZ and if you catch me at FGW I’m happy to advise on tech support, I have replaced, or at least removed, nearly every part in the game.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods
Toppers
$ 43.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
Machine - For Sale
Little River, SC
$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.
Toys/Add-ons
$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball
Protection
Electronics
Skillshot Combo
Electronics
$ 6.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 130.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
Shooter rods
$ 91.00
$ 99.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com
Shooter rods
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 100.00
Boards
Led Pinball
Boards
$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Side Gig Studios
Other
Machine - For Sale
Mt Zion, IL
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
11,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Lancaster, OH
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball
Decorations
$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games
Toys/Add-ons
$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.
Toys/Add-ons
$ 5.95
Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist
Protection
$ 22.50
Magazines/books
Pinball Magazine
Magazines/books

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider DANGERTERROR.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/woz-fan-club-members-only?tu=DANGERTERROR and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.