image (resized).jpg
767a905f-f768-44f4-b3e3-b2998967ff3c_text.gif
Photo Mar 30 2024, 5 42 30 PM (resized).jpg
20240316_125739 (resized).jpg
20240314_221748 (resized).jpg
20240314_215727 (resized).jpg
841FD4A1-7C8E-4E32-973D-DD8D05C4902E (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

12 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #1 Key posted, but no summary given Posted by TigerLaw (10 years ago)

Post #2584 Fan Replacement details Posted by bhwolf (7 years ago)

Post #7017 How to tell if your WOZ has 2.0 boards Posted by f3honda4me (5 years ago)

Post #7022 Balls not making it to shooter lane from trough - Fix Posted by LTG (5 years ago)

Post #7126 Location of the latest software update/version Posted by mavantix (5 years ago)

Post #7128 Update 7.01 notes - released April 16, 2019 Posted by thewool (5 years ago)

Post #7752 Fan Replacement how to and links Posted by f3honda4me (4 years ago)

Post #11015 Adjustment advice for the monkey Posted by LTG (3 years ago)

Post #12537 7.03 Code Release Posted by bobukcat (2 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts matching search word(s) "bend".
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#206 10 years ago
Quoted from clg:

To adjust the castle loop all you need to do is raise the wire form that controls the ball in the loop. I just raised mine slightly by lifting/bending it with my fingers, no tools are needed very small and easy adjustment. I have mine adjusted so that the wire form is a bit over the midway point on the ball, it was a bit below the midway point before.

I did mine too, and it makes a big difference. The ball tends to stay in the castle loop when shot, instead of bouncing out most of the time. All I did was to slide the pf out a bit, hooked a finger under the middle of the upside-down-U-shaped wire at the top of the loop, and pulled upward to bend it up a bit. Would not have thought to do this on my own, and interesting that it fixes the bounce-out problem so well...

#231 9 years ago
Quoted from tonycip:

I’m enjoying my woz, but the wife has a few questions and I don’t know the answer, so maybe I can get some help here, (see how I blamed her. )
1) The good witch’s magic wand (the center target between the ramps) how do you relight it?
2) When plunging the ball hard trying to go to the haunted forest. The ball seems to hang up on something. Near top dead center unless it’s hit just right is this the intended action? Or do I need to figure out what it’s hitting and make an adjustment?
3) When trying to rescue Dorothy you hit a loop shot instead it locks a ball and you have to relight rescue again, what is the purpose and how do you unlock that ball? Dose it turn rescue dorath into a 3 ball multiball?
4) I get a lot of kickbacks from the crystal ball is that common? Or does it need attention? Or do I just need to not suck so much at it? : )
5)

1) I remember reading how to do it somewhere, but no longer remember.

2) Part of the design. There is a slight bend in the right hand metal guide under the munchkin playfield that causes this. Some people have tried to straighten the guide but it is like this on all the machines.

3)Normally the loop awards a letter, but if you have all the rescue letters lit, the "search" insert in the loop turns green and the big insert in front of the door turns yellow. To rescue Dorothy and start Rescue multiball you have to hit the doors a few times causing them to open then put the ball into the saucer behind the doors. If you hit the loop when the insert is green you will get a virtual ball lock, and the rescue letters must be collected again before you can rescue Dorothy, but when you do it will be a three ball multiball. Rinse and repeat for up to a five ball Rescue multiball.

4) The Crystal ball shot can be tough, but I don't notice an unusual amount of rejections (unlike the search loop on the castle playfield before I adjusted the metal guide wire).

1 month later
#308 9 years ago
Quoted from tonycip:

OH I missed that. can you please explain what that is ? Thanks

A subtle adjustment on the castle mini-pf. Shots to the top/right loop often bounce out on some games (like mine). The easy fix (no tools needed!) is to hook your finger under the wire lane guide at the top, and pull up on it gently to bend it upwards a bit. Helps to guide all good shots through the loop instead of bouncing out!

2 months later
#501 9 years ago
Quoted from herg:

What I'm calling the search loop is the arrow shot on the castle mini-playfield. When I first got the game, it would reject solid shots most of the time.
Regarding the launch, I tried the downward pressure thing, and it may have helped a little. Out of six launches, two made it to the trees. Normally, I might get 1 of 10 through when I pull full blast.

For those who missed it, fixing the search loop just requires pulling up on the wire guide at the top of the castle pf right loop to bend it upwards a bit. I had a lot of bounce-outs here and this fixed it like a charm.

Regarding the plunger issue, try loosening the nuts attaching the plunger to the cab just a bit, so it is held on firmly but can be moved. Then move it slightly and take some test plunges until you get a clean plunge, and tighten it in that position. (This works for any game that may have an off-center plunger, of course.)

4 months later
#546 9 years ago
Quoted from Pimp77:

You get TWO rescue letters for a saucer hit behind the doors.

No shit.....well, my strategy up there is going to change.

Words to the wise for people getting new machines. I have had to adjust the following items on my machine so far.

Tighten all screws on coil stops of all flippers

Make sure witch optos are aligned properly, the "screw" that the witch is on was grinding on one of mine and I noticed out of the blue yesterday. Had to bend it around to get it to align properly.

Make sure your house is calibrated properly. The feet on mine werent coming out at the proper 90 degree angle.

Im also having some issues with my sound. The little 1/8" mini plug that comes out of the chassis in the bottom of the cabinet seems to be loose or something. I had to kind of wiggle it during test to get the speech to sound right. It was sounding like it was really far away before. I need to open the chassis really...I just havent felt like digging that far.

Honestly, I love this game, but I cant believe how much I have had to do to a $10,000 machine out of the box.

1 month later
#658 9 years ago

Hey "failure to kill the witch" WOZ owners. I just found out my witch switch was not registering all the time so your's might be out of whack too. Next time you have the glass off put it in switch mode and toss a ball into the switch. I didn't see any real way to adjust except to bend two metal tabs which I did and 'seemed to fix the problem.
The witch should say something every time you hit her in hurry up mode - mine only registered about 1 in 4 times. Now she's much better.

#659 9 years ago
Quoted from wtatumjr:

Hey "failure to kill the witch" WOZ owners. I just found out my witch switch was not registering all the time so your's might be out of whack too. Next time you have the glass off put it in switch mode and toss a ball into the switch. I didn't see any real way to adjust except to bend two metal tabs which I did and 'seemed to fix the problem.
The witch should say something every time you hit her in hurry up mode - mine only registered about 1 in 4 times. Now she's much better.

Thanks I'm going to blame the fact that I've never killed the witch on this and try the adjustments you suggested. However, it might just be I'm not good enough yet to kill her, but there have been times it did seem like so shots might not have registered.
Maybe it will be obvious when I look, but how much and in what way, did you bend the two metal tabs?

#660 9 years ago
Quoted from WesleyCowan:

Thanks I'm going to blame the fact that I've never killed the witch on this and try the adjustments you suggested. However, it might just be I'm not good enough yet to kill her, but there have been times it did seem like so shots might not have registered.
Maybe it will be obvious when I look, but how much and in what way, did you bend the two metal tabs?

You have to remove the witch. You'll see 2 metal tabs (rather thick) that are the switch stops. Bend the stops away a little at a time but I'd say about 1/16 of an inch will do it. Check with JJP first as there might be a much easier and correct way to do this.

To remove witch remove the 2 nuts to the plastic witch cover on the upper playfield. Then remove the 2 screws below - be careful with the plastic posts as they tend to migrate to WOZ neverland. You have to remove the 2 screws anchoring the led light as well on the underside.

Mine is super sensitive now - much better! But again I just winged it - you might want to check with JJP first

7 months later
#932 8 years ago

If it is the normal issue it is not the apron. It is the ball guide at the top of the trough which has been documented here. I had to bend mine (slightly) and haven't had an issue since.

#943 8 years ago
Quoted from ecmurrayf1:

If it is the normal issue it is not the apron. It is the ball guide at the top of the trough which has been documented here. I had to bend mine (slightly) and haven't had an issue since.

Originally I was thinking the above but based upon watching the ball get ejected from the trough I was seeing it deflect appropriately and then hitting the side of apron just to the right of that. So if I were to bend it outward more that would only worsen the problem. That led me to think the below...

Quoted from tiesmasc:

Also think I'm onto the solution for occasional trough kickout rejects... Think it is the apron so I'm going to try some spacers so it moves forward a little.

So far, a single washer to move the right side of the apron forward about 1/16" seems to have resolved the issue!!! Will of course be doing "more testing" in the near future

3 months later
#1055 8 years ago
Quoted from Chitownpinball:

So set to 3? Wow, champion. Nothing other than factory and 3 balls? Thats pretty impressive man.

Sure is. I've got mine set to 3 balls as well but am liberal on the extra ball settings. Just set another new high yesterday which was 2.3 Mil. Just about got to SWOTR. Had 7 of the diamonds but just couldn't get the Mega jackpot on Rescue to get that diamond. I still have yet to get a mega jackpot.

The new code that's being tested really gives you the opportunity for higher scores. The add-a-ball feature keeps your multiballs going much longer than before. When you stack a Haunted and/or Munchkin mode with a multiball, there's the potential for scoring great bonus points. Throw in a Crystal Ball mode and you're points are doubled. I've had a bonus of over 350K and I've heard others claim bonuses in the 1 Mil range.

I also just recently moved the post on the left outlane which has helped keep balls in play longer. I was getting frustrated with balls just falling into that vacuum sucking lane. I probably averaged one tilt per game just trying to nudge the machine to prevent that from happening. Now about 50% of those hit the rubber on the post and bounce back into play. Had to bend the metal ball guide just a bit to be able to move it to the outer most hole. I know the purists out there probably cringe at my easier-than-factory settings but it's the only way I'll ever be able to achieve SWOTR.

3 weeks later
#1123 8 years ago
Quoted from Nokoro:

Hi all. My new WoZ is coming tomorrow. Are there any adjustments that most people find they need to make that I should be on the look out for? Things like sling and flipper power settings and the like?

The only thing I had to adjust was the lower switch for the monkey. Basically, he didn't come down far enough to lock on the ball and he would drop it half of the time. Just had to bend the lower switch arm so the monkey came down a hair farther.

1 week later
#1273 8 years ago

Make sure the switch is firmly attached first. You'll see a metal tab extending from the upper and lower switch. The monkey presses against the tab which
In turn presses the switch. You need to bend the upper switch away from the monkey so monkey must travel further to activate the switch

#1293 8 years ago
Quoted from Pindufus:

Never happened to me and I haven't heard anyone discuss it before. Initial thought is you have your flipper coil setting too high.

Or the wire guide is too low...gently bend it up so it is higher. Never heard of an air ball like that!

#1295 8 years ago
Quoted from nicoga3000:

What power should that flipper be at? Less than default?

Default should be fine and I've never seen that happen either. Pimp77 may have the answer. You needed to bend the outer wire up on early WOZ's to keep the ball from bouncing around and getting rejected in the search loop.

#1304 8 years ago

Anyone ever have an issue where all the light boards stop working after the game sits in attract mode for a good chunk of time? Turned the game on yesterday to play but got side tracked. Came back after the game sat for probably 20 minutes and none of the boards were on. I had to reboot the game to get them working.

E: Also, I've noticed that the strength of my VUK's changes throughout the game. Any idea what would cause that? Crystal Ball VUK once shot the ball around the bend and onto the playfield. Recently, it popped the ball up and barely made it.

1 month later
#1486 7 years ago

I can only go by my experience on this amazing game, others are welcome chime in with their adjustments.

The game is very fast for the 1st 50 games. It will settle down after that and adjustments are more meaningful.
I'm waxing/cleaning every 150 plays or so with wizards mist and shine (JJP uses it on the playfields before shipping), Novus 1 on the ramps and plastics, for now and have 1200 plays. I just recently waxed using PS21 since 1000 grand wax is hard to get for now.

I have my pitch at 6.5 measured from several places around the PF, and took an average.
I upped the lower flipper power by 2 or 3. If you are getting air balls off glinda, either put dead foam behind the target or go down a notch at a time until it stops.
On a clean hit to the ramp, from a cradled position, from either flipper, the ball should easily go up the ramp then slow down a bit after it makes it to the top.

Also make sure the flipper rubber is more towards the top of the flipper bat, this will stop air balls off the flipper on all of them.
I'm using the STC standard flipper rubber still on this game. I might put on the super bands, we'll see how they play.

The castle PF flipper should not be too agressive, it makes it hard to manage the door bounces and loops.
I settled about the default plus one maybe.

I upped the Dorothy flipper a couple and the munchkin flipper 1 or 2. I like the munchkin flipper to do 2 loops on a perfect hit, more than that is unnecessary.

The VUK's needed to be adjusted up a couple notches. Especially the crystal ball one, If the ball bounces out of the wire-form then you go down a bit.

The cross-over wire-form on my game needed tweaking to keep the ball on track (the ball would fall off in a high speed hit). It had a small bend in it that I removed. I also twisted it a tiny bit so that the upper wire was more level and perhaps slightly lower than the lower wire (used a crescent wrench with a towel around the wires to prevent scratching for twisting/bending and some firm hand bending).

Watch the game a bit and see if one of the outlanes favors another and check the left to right level. Or roll a ball down the center and see if it goes fairly straight (hard to do with the roll overs in the way).

I'm sure there is more, this is just off the top of my head.

1 week later
#1517 7 years ago

Now I look at the video frame by frame, it looks like it's actually rolling / bouncing out from inside of the rubber edge. Seems that when the motor jerks to a stop the ball moves to the left then releases, hits the wireform on the left of the captive area giving it enough momentum to bounce & roll up the foam. So I want the monkey to move slightly less far.

Edit: had to put quite a bit of extra bend in the switch - the mech is now stopping 3-4mm further back than it was before along the runner, ball feed is really clean now. I'd still like to know what orientation people have on their magnets as this seems like something that wouldn't be a problem if the magnet was turned 90 degrees.

1 week later
#1537 7 years ago
Quoted from Vexx_182:

Does anyone know if the switches on the double door mech are supposed to be compressed by the mech untill the ball hits the doors and letting the switch release? From what i can see without taking off the upper field thats what it looks like. my door mech is compressing the switch but just barley so when i flip the flippers or any vibration happens near that area im getting phantom rescue on the screen and door hits are registering. If thats the case does anyone know how to get the door to pull snug up against that switch? Do i adjust the spring or is there a way to actually adjust the switch. Machine doesnt have very many plays on it and just all the sudden started giving me the phantom door hits so i dont no what rout to go.

Most all of the switches have some adjustment in them. For some it is just a matter of bending the actuator arm just a bit. I would first check to make sure the switch is not loose, and then check the arm to see if you can bend it outward a bit. (not sure what that switch looks like off the top of my head)

1 month later
#1741 7 years ago

I've got WOZ all set up now but man....there are some problems straight out of the box. The "RAINBOW" lights don't seem to be working right. They randomly flash different colors and make it impossible to know what targets to hit during There's No Place Like Home. This usually happens with vibrations from coils firing (see attached video link below). The wizard of oz clear plexiglass doesn't light up at all. The monkey drops the ball about half of the time right after he picks it up. The ball got wedged under the upper castle wall because there was not enough clearance when entering the loop. The diverter is rubbing against the plastic ramp creating a visible scrape mark. The screen went black when I was in the menu and didn't come back on until I reset the game (this was after updating to the most recent code). Oh, and the freaking right flipper button fell off during a game.

I fixed the castle wall by putting a piece of foam under it to prop it up a bit. After updating to the newest code, the monkey hasn't dropped the ball yet. Not sure if that's just a coincidence or not. I'm sure I can bend the diverter so it doesn't rub anymore and I obviously put the flipper button back on but still, for a $9500 game you would think these problems wouldn't occur the first time you play it.

Can anyone tell me what to do about the RAINBOW light and Wizard of Oz light not working?

Absolutely LOVE the game by the way...just a little annoyed with these problems that shouldn't exist with a brand new game.

Thanks!

3 months later
#2562 7 years ago
Quoted from pinballinreno:

Apply a little self adhesive felt to the lock-down bar where it rubs the powdercoat.
Powdercoated side-rails are relatively new to pinball and all of them need a little padding there.
I see wear there periodically.

Thanks for the suggestion. I think I will redo the little bit I already did. I started doing this as a "temporary" measure in a couple spots when I noticed what was happening, but perhaps I should cover the whole area where any powedercoat contact is possible. Still working on getting the lockdown bar to not "wiggle" and yet be able to lock in place. It seems that if I get it solid so it won't wiggle, it doesn't latch properly and/or starts to bend the latch bar underneath. If I loosen it a bit so that it does latch properly, then it wiggles. Frustrating. Also still working on getting the alignment right - lockdown bar is still too far to the right (need to shift mechanism to left) and toward the player (no idea how to handle that one?).

I wonder too if I could use some more of that foam material they place on the underside of the lockdown bar. Does anyone know where to get that? Part of mine did not seem applied quite right, and I also wonder if a little better coverage might help this issue as well.

#2586 7 years ago
Quoted from GorfFan:

My Winkie target is down for the count and my game is only 5 weeks old. The target has not popped up for a week, so it's stuck in the down position. There aren't any other errors with the game that are relevant to this issue.
I'm brand new to pin ownership and feel over whelmed since just opening the play field is intimidating. Is there a kind soul out there who can give me specific instructions on what to do?
I've filed a support ticket with JJ, and already got an auto email reply saying they got my support request.

This one is probably easy, happened on mine. There's a switch on the bottom of the target that detects whether the winkie is up or down. When down, a little tab on the target presses down on the switch. Most likely, you'll just need to bend switch leaf up a bit so the target pushes on it a bit more. Alternatively, it could be a bad switch or wire worked loose. Go into the test for coils, and find the winkie target reset (up) test, and see if that resets it.

The very first time you open a playfield is pretty intimidating, but it's easy and, get used to it. Despite having a little flap to protect the balls in the trough, remove them. I wonder if there's a video of lifting the playfield as that's the easiest place to start? Try to keep the playfield straight as it's easy for things to catch on the sides...

#2590 7 years ago
Quoted from GorfFan:

My Winkie target is down for the count and my game is only 5 weeks old. The target has not popped up for a week, so it's stuck in the down position. There aren't any other errors with the game that are relevant to this issue.
I'm brand new to pin ownership and feel over whelmed since just opening the play field is intimidating. Is there a kind soul out there who can give me specific instructions on what to do?
I've filed a support ticket with JJ, and already got an auto email reply saying they got my support request.

Check that the wires are still plugged onto the coil that fires the drop target.

Check that the attachment screws that hold the switch on, are still there and snug but not super tight. Overtightening the screws will cause the internal mechanism of the little switch to bind.

Manually actuate the drop target and listen for the click of the switch, up and down. Or manually actuate the switch and listen for its click sound to get a feel for it.

A properly adjusted switch will click just before the metal plunger hits the stop and doesnt bend the arm of the switch to much.
Adjust the stop as neccessary.

If the screws have fallen out they are 2/56 screws by about 5/8" I think.

If the screws are missing, check inside the cabinet with a magnet and you will find them.
Also look for anything else that might be loose under the playfield and tighten as neccessary.

Any loose wood screws you find should be backed out and re-inserted with titebond glue on the threads.
Any loose machine screws should be glued in with blue loctite, NOT RED.

The switch should have 2 screws in it. It will work with only one but it will rotate once in awhile and lose contact with the plastic actuator on the drop target itself.
The whole switch assembly is made so that you can move the switch a little to get it to work just right.

2 weeks later
#2769 7 years ago
Quoted from Vyzer2:

Thanks I'll check that. But where?..backside of the back board? Where is that?

You have to pull the playfield forward.... the screw/motor mechanism that makes the monkey travel is located on the backside of the playfield back board. You'll see a switch at the top and a switch at the bottom...which tells the game the when the monkey is at the castle or at playfield level. Little bending adjustments to those switches will give the monkey more or less travel.

If the problem is your bottom switch, you'll need to bend it so that that switch gets triggered earlier. Do adjustments in small increments...test... rinse, wash, repeat. Hopefully that will work!

2 weeks later
#2864 7 years ago
Quoted from bhwolf:

How do you remove the witch's tube? I removed the two nuts on the metal bracket on either side of the tube. Searching the forum, someone says to remove 2 screws under the playfield, but wasn't sure which ones. I see two under the playfield that I think match the posts I removed the nuts from and securing a bracket, but it didn't seem like that would free it up.
Anyone have luck replacing that 1 1/4" rubber behind the witch without removing the upper playfield?
Thx!

Answered my own question. Yeah, it is those two screws. Now it makes sense: remove the screws, that allows the metal plate to slide out, which then frees the plastic tube. For whatever reason I was thinking the plastic tube was screwed in.

Also, I had no problem replacing that 1 1/4 rubber once the tube was removed and removing the accessible nuts. You have to bend the plastic as there are some hard to reach nuts (without removing the upper playfield) but only a little clearance was needed.

2 months later
#3339 7 years ago
Quoted from netcivil:

anyone else have the issue where the machine doesn't detect balls locked under Munchkin land, and when it does a ball find it doesn't lift the lock to release the balls?
I've had it happen a few times during play, and recently even powering the machine off and on doesn't release the balls. I've had to open the machine up and left the lever by hand.

Under the munchkin huts, check both coils for cold solder joints.
Even if they look ok, re-flow the solder joints on the coil tabs.
Test it in the service menu afterwards, it should work 100%.

If it still seems weak, bend the metal tab under the coil up a little.

#3398 7 years ago
Quoted from tp:

Thanks for any suggestions.

Could need a little tweaking. The little nose below the coil, bend it up a tiny bit so the metal plate holding the arm is closer to the coil and gets grabbed better.

LTG : )

325574-i (resized).jpg325574-i (resized).jpg

#3482 7 years ago
Quoted from moonduckie78:

END RANT.
Sorry, everyone. Been holding my breath on this all week and really needed to vent.
Just want to be clear.....JJP has been great and I appreciate everything they are doing for me. I realize how complicated these machines are to make, and stuff happens. I don't have a single bad thing to say about JJP and my WOZ is seriously ffffffff'ed up (for a NIB, I mean). But I am still confident they will get it all sorted out.

Dude,
I think we all have empathy for your situation. This could have been anyone of us in your situation and I think it puts a damper on potential future sales to hear stories like this. Just to be clear I don't know you but I believe you. If what you say is true (and I think it is) you should out that distributor by name and help the rest of us avoid getting abused like you did. It seems to me that this huge disti needs a wake up call. They should have sent you what you ordered or made it right not just moved whatever they had in the warehouse and then leave it to JJP. JJP should be concerned about this kind of shoddy business practice as well. This machine is super pricey you shouldn't have to bend over when you are paying that kind of dough.

- whew - wipes sweat from brow and waits for heart rate to return to normal.

There are two very positive things here:
First, once the dust clears you are going to have an amazing pinball machine that will give you years of enjoyment.
Second, JJP takes care of its customers. I don't know of any manufacturer that will work harder to get your game fixed and keep it running than JJP. Great games, great service, great company.
Second, part 2 you have LTG who is an amazing and tireless resource.

1 month later
#3669 7 years ago
Quoted from Spg101:

Any idea where I can get one?

You have one right there. Small, thin flat nosed pliers. Bend a loop over the broken end. Hook it back up. Back in business.

#3671 7 years ago

Broke spring. Flat nose pliers in last loop, bend over 90 degrees. Fixed good as new.

broke (resized).JPGbroke (resized).JPG

fix (resized).JPGfix (resized).JPG

goodasnew (resized).JPGgoodasnew (resized).JPG

1 week later
#3745 7 years ago

I had to replace the right door motor recently at about 5000 plays.
It didnt burn out, the armature became loose inside the motor.

When this happens it explains the "weakness" that the motors exhibit after a time.

The new motor had the shaft flattened to avoid spinning in the door shaft like the early ones did if slightly loose from vibration.

this also explains the squealing or grinding noise that accompanies this fault even though the doors are properly adjusted and not loose on their motor shafts.

After replacing the motor and upon re-assembly and testing, the ball would push the right door past the latch and leave it slightly open.

Bashing the left door will release it of course and the software fix will fix it on the next ball but the door is out of service until it becomes properly latched again.

Solving the right door latch problem:

I called frank and he was adamant about adjusting the "finger" or adjustment tab on the latch plate coil.
He was right.

Proper door height adjustment, while super important, is less important than the little finger-like adjustment stop above the latch plate.

Door height is easy to adjust. There should be about 3/32" between the door shaft and the motor. You can use a drill bit or an allen key as a spacer to get them uniform.

If the door is too high the switch actuator will scrape on the wood.
If its too low the doors will scrape on the latch plate. The slightest scraping and the door will not close as it only has the spring to pull it back into position.

So basically just set them so that they have plenty of clearance from both sides of the switch actuator.

Latch plate adjustment:

You can only get to it with the double door assembly removed from the castle playfield. Its easy to adjust with a big screwdriver to lift the stop and maybe a 5/16 nut driver to bend it down again.

On my game the "finger" is bent about 7 degrees upward. Ultimately the angle of the "finger" will match the angle of the latch plate as it gets hit repeatedly. This will cause the latch plate to rise upwards slightly and possibly interfere with the door switch actuator.

This is not particularly problematic as there seems to be plenty of clearance over-all if it does bend.
With the latch raised in its upward location the switch actuator should rest at least 3/4 of the way down in the latch channel.
If the doors are already adjusted properly, adjust the "finger" on the latch plate stop to make this happen.

If the latch plate is too low the ball can push the door switch actuator past the latch, and result in the door being locked behind the latch and not closing all the way.

As the game ages the double door stop pad ( manual page c-38 #19 part number 25-3000-00) will wear at an angle.

This will make an angled ramp that the door switch actuator will use to lower the latch and sneak past.

So, if you can firmly tap the right door and get it to push past the latch, the rubber door stop pad is worn out.

The coil and latch is held on with a single screw, it will have to be removed to change the rubber door pad.
Use blue lock-tite on reassembly, you dont want to remove everything if it comes loose. Although you can reach it sorta with the castle playfield installed if you know what your looking at.

The pad only wears about 1/4" off of either side at the top mostly.
I didnt have a replacement handy so I cut it off with a razor knife, and rubbed off the old adhesive from the latch and the rubber pad.

I cut the pad in two and rotated the pieces to get a fresh edge on the top, then glued the pieces back on with CA gel. A thin layer of 5 min epoxy would also work.

Properly adjusted and with a fairly new door stop pad on the latch you should not be able to twist the door shaft past the latch at all, the door shafts should rebound easily with no scraping and nothing should be binding.

I reassembled the game and the doors work flawlessly, better than new.

3 weeks later
#3863 6 years ago
Quoted from knockerlover:

I put in the pinball bulbs brightening kit, and it is super bright. I might be reducing the number of spotlights or trying to dim them somehow. Any thoughts or experiences with this? It seems like overkill.
Also I've been having an intermittent sound issue which I think I have traced to the RCA cables coming from the PC. But it seems like possibly several of them are causing the problem, as I can't isolate it to just one cable. It goes in and out when I wiggle/adjust a few of them. Has anyone had this problem or replaced the cables and/or barrel connectors at the PC they plug into?

You can bend the outer part of the RCA connectors for a tighter fit (both inside and outside the metal box) I also added a pull tie to sort of stabilize all the cables coming out of the back of the metal box-not too loose or too tight. I haven't had any troubles since.

1 month later
#3988 6 years ago

Two things:

1. my shaker is starting to sound "squeeky" when it activates. haven't lifted the PF yet to look, but if there are any known spots to check or tighten let me know.

2. for me, the one annoying shot has always been the crystal ball, i'd say 75% of the time I get a reject. Any tweak, bend or fix to be done to help?

Been playing it alot more since the 6.5 release, such a nice polished game.

2 weeks later
#4118 6 years ago

Sorry for the simple question, but googling or searching Pinside brings up a zillion false positives.

What exactly does the crystal ball do for gameplay?

Also, I'm about 6'4" and I had to bend down to see the ball's video. Is it adjustable?

... Altan

1 month later
#4369 6 years ago
Quoted from KingBW:

Do you just cut those down to fit your particular machine?

I don't know. I would have thought they work with any game that you put lighted flipper buttons in. I doubt it would be difficult to cut them with kitchen scissors if they are too big.

Maybe PM Wolfmarsh.

I also suspect there is probably something available at the hardware store that has a 90 degree bend that would work after cutting a little. I personally have been using one side of a piece of velcro for my games. Velcro is not perfect but does significantly reduce the light bleed.

1 month later
#4450 6 years ago
Quoted from rai:

I'm having a problem with my Woz, the ball eject will sometimes fail to pop the ball up and will require 2-3 tries.

LOWER the power as far as you can still getting the ball up far enough and also bend the tab at the exit of the popper.

#4455 6 years ago
Quoted from Pimp77:

LOWER the power

lower the power as low as it wiil still serve the ball , bend out the diverter about 1/16" (open the gap a bit).
Then adjust the power up again 1 or 2 clicks.

This worked for me and has been flawless ever since.

2 weeks later
#4482 6 years ago
Quoted from rai:

I’ve just started to experience this the ball lock will allow two balls to be released instead of one, guess that’s an adjustment setting and finally just started to have the monkey come down to capture the ball even if it’s not locked on the magnet (ball never made it to the top magnet).

I find that the metal gets bent and you will eventually run out of adjustment room and have to bend the mech back into place every 200 or so plays.

#4486 6 years ago
Quoted from bobukcat:

What metal part are you talking about? This doesn't sound normal to me.

The small plate under the coil stop works most of the time but the other day had to bend the entire assembly down to get balls to lock. LTG pointed out this fix a few years ago with regards to the coil bracket.

#4487 6 years ago
Quoted from bobukcat:

What metal part are you talking about? This doesn't sound normal to me.

The nose circled in red. Bend up a little so the metal plate the arm is riveted to is closer to the coil.

woz ball lock nose (resized).JPGwoz ball lock nose (resized).JPG

1 month later
#4722 6 years ago
Quoted from shovelhed:

Would still like to see your pics. Im always about dialing in my pins. Im thinking this was just a band aid fix. Jjp is so different than what im used to. I appreciate all the help and very thankful to you all.

here is the last time I see the pic pop up:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/woz-fan-club-members-only/page/68#post-3622082

If you pull the glass and put a ball up the ramp and into the lock, see where the ball rests against the lock arm. The front has a bit of a lip, if its sitting just under the ball, more balls and the steeper incline can some times be too much for the coil magnet to pull up. You can tweak this by bending the lower bracket (that it rests on) up slightly (so that the bottom of the lock arm is a bit closer towards the middle of the ball). The first time I did this I brought it up too much and the balls wouldnt stop/catch (so I would start with just a tiny bit, it may take a few rounds and you'll want to test it before putting glass back on). I just used some slip lock pliers to carefully do the bend. Havent had to play with it since.

3 weeks later
#4920 6 years ago
Quoted from Frogman:

You're probably right and I should have thought about that. This is my first NIB machine and for some reason I didn't think of it in the same context as the older ones in my collection since there are so many settings and a lot of newer technology....but many mechanisms are the same. Thanks for responding.

WackyBrakke has it, you just need to see which switch is too sensitive and adjust it (just bend it slightly to that the contacts are a little further apart).

#4926 6 years ago

Right now Im just tweaking the ball lock arm to get it right again after 4 years of continuous play.

Something that might help. That whole assembly is mounted to a piece you can bend forward or back. Get it working right, then bend forward or back to set the front of the arm to the right height for the balls.

1 week later
#4983 6 years ago

Im having some trouble dialling in my lock down bar settings.
I have had it working perfectly in the past.
I had to squeeze the bracket a little to get the arm closer to the magnet so that it would grab a little firmer (when 3 balls rest on the end the arm wouldnt raise as it had sagged a bit over time).
It seems to pinch the last ball of 3 when starting a multiball/
I bent the bar adjustment tab up 1/2 mm but more than that will allow the balls to escape when they run thru the huts.
Adjusting the times has had little effect.
This sure is a delicate and fine adjustment and has me stumped.
I have it working fairly well but it can stick a ball under the arm once in awhile, Smacking the cab releases it usually.
Any stories out there on what you did to get it working mostly perfectly (other than setting it to virtual)?

Update:

i took LTG's advice and re-examined the assembly as a whole.

The lockdown bar is one piece that fits in below the coil.
There is a point on it that has a slight bend just above the metal adjustment tab below it.

I straightened the bend in the lockdown bar plate slightly and now get another 2mm of travel height.

Being more scientific at this point I took some measurements:

Measuring from the plastic surface of the ramp to the bottom of the hooked end of the lockdown bar:

12mm is too low and may not release the balls correctly
16mm is too high and may allow fast running balls to escape.

13.5 mm to 14mm seems to work well enough.

With the lockdown bar completely raised, measuring from the ramp surface to the bottom of the lockdown bar hook:

1 1/8" is too low the ball stays trapped (the ball itself is 1 1/16")

1 1/4" + or - a couple 32nds semms to work well enough and may rub on the 3rd ball but will not stop it.

The rest is just timing adjustments from the service menu:

ball one = 220 to 235
ball two = 216 to 225
ball three = 220 to 235

So I have it dialed in again and posted some measurements for others who might become lost or confused by this.

Thanks Lloyd for the insight! Hopefully meet you at TPF

2 months later
#5343 6 years ago

It probably just needs a new spring on the solenoid end as well as the diverter.

You can bend the nose of the part holding the diverter closer to the relay so it pulls in easier. And then that whole diverter/relay assembly is on a piece of metal that you can bend the whole shebang back a little to get the proper spacing between the end of the arm and the ramp.

325574-i (resized).jpg325574-i (resized).jpg

1 month later
#5479 5 years ago
Quoted from monte_:

I just got my wizard of oz rr about 3 weeks ago and have some small issues.
1. The sound has a chronic buzzing/humming noise when it starts up and a faint one when playing. Any way to fix this?

yeah I had the same issue with mine. If you pop the bottom panel off there are noise isolaters (little black box, under the silver panel) for the sound. I was told to try to take that out. ( i didn't)
Also I did upgrade the RCA audio cables. In my other games this makes a difference when I have issued like this. Getting an RCA that is a little better quality can make a huge difference most of the time, especially if your picking up ground noise.

Seems like a lot of people put those crappy monoprice RCA's in. they look good and thick, but they kind of suck. you can tighten the end of the RCA's so the connection is a little more secure. just get needle nose and slightly bend in the rca enough to where it will still attach to its mating connection but to where it more secure.

forgot that I did attempt a fix before I brought it home. I haven't heard it pop in a long time.

1 week later
#5584 5 years ago
Quoted from Nokoro:

Dear Helpful Pinsiders:
I’m trying to take my castle playfield off, and I’m stuck early in the process. I can’t for the life of me get the 12 pin connector to come apart. I’m even gripping both ends with those mats you use to open jars, but even then I can’t get enough force. I’m afraid of breaking it or ripping the wires out. (Don’t worry, I’m not pulling by the wires.) Is there a trick to this that I’m missing.
Yours truly,
Stuck In A Basement

It can be really tight.

Similar connectors on cars shrink with age and are difficult to budge.

Make sure you release the latch on the connector completely or bend it high with a screwdriver or cut it off if it's misshapen.

On some I have had to hold one side with channel locks and wiggle the other side until it breaks free.

3 weeks later
#5667 5 years ago

Some testing done:
- flippers were ok according to the test, both switches on both flippers registered.
- I noticed that the slingshots were dead as well
- I tested magnets as well (coils-test --> put on repeat), it seems they are dead as well
- I checked fuses F702 and F708, but both gave the peep and I also tried to bend the fuse holders a bit to a more closed position to tighten their grip, but it was no help. F702 seems like the likely culprit, but did not help to tighted the holder and the fuse gave the beep.

It may then be some connector, I visually checked and did not notice any loose connectors. This might be a more difficult fault to hunt down.

2 months later
#5961 5 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Blue arrow points to the lock nut on the end of the plunger. Your plunger pushes the drop target up and then drops back down. Does it move freely ?
[quoted image]

It moves freely and I did loosen the 2 screws and adjusted the switch body like you said and now it works perfectly. Now it is going to be much harder to rescue Dorothy. Thanks for all the help. One more simple question. My inlane sensors( metal wires that are raised) sometimes get stuck down after the ball rolls over them. I noticed that on my other pinball games they are very straight up and down but woz they bend in. It is as simple as bending them with my fingers as to straighten them or should I do something else?

IMG_7488 (resized).JPGIMG_7488 (resized).JPGIMG_7489 (resized).JPGIMG_7489 (resized).JPG
#5963 5 years ago

You can bend them. But from the top isn't going to work. Then you'd be better off and remove the bracket they are on and lower them and then bend as needed and reinstall. Careful so you don't effect the flat part that pushes the tiny knob into the switch body.

That wireform part of the switch sticking up should be nice and straight up and down, not leaning to either side. And centered in the slot they go through the playfield in.

2 weeks later
#6003 5 years ago

just wondering if anyone has seen this problem. About 1 out of every 10 games the ball doesn't make it onto the upper castle play field. The VUK fires fine and the ball enters the wireworm, but actually comes through the wire form and bounces back onto the main play field. Its odd to me that the ball would actually fit through the wire form but it does (right at the 90 degree bend).

#6022 5 years ago
Quoted from monte_:

I have a new problem on my woz rr. The winkie guard target is not working properly during the battle against the wicked witch. After i complete the four red shots, i believe the winkie guard target is supposed to retract so i can hit the vuk castle shot, but the the target is retracting halfway and getting stuck and not moving. The winkie guard is working fine and not getting stuck when i am trying to go into castle to complete rescue multiball. Lloyd help me fix the winkie guard a couple of weeks ago as it wasnt working at all. Thanks for the help.
I have a video of it I just don’t know how to attach it here.

Does the target raise and lower in test?

Is it assembled correctly i.e. not missing an e-clip and washers on one of the attachment posts?

Retraction spring getting weak?

You can give the spring more tension by just re-hooking the spring a 1/4" lower than the end loop within the spring itself.

Is it binding on something (playfield, wire underneath etc.)?

You can gently pull the whole mech forwards (bend it) toward the front of the game a little bit at a time until the target part stops rubbing on the playfield.
Adjust the nut on the bottom if the target protrudes above the playfield surface after bending it

Take a look and report what you find.

#6024 5 years ago
Quoted from monte_:

I did tighten the spring and noticed it was a little better but still noticed it didn't go down all the way. When looking at the target from above when not fully retracted it is actually rubbing on the wood toward the back part of the machine and when I look underneath the play field the black part connected to the target almost looks like it is bending a little underneath the play field. I don't really understand how to adjust the target unless somebody shows me specifically. On a worse side note I had the machine on during witch mode playing around with the glass off and noticed smoke coming from the machine. I immediately turned it off and noticed the part just to the left of the winkie guard target assembly was extremely hot and I assume the smoke was coming from this (see pic). Now I have two problems, winkie guard target and something was burning. I need some serious help.[quoted image][quoted image]

The coil was getting hot from working too hard and being energized too long.
The smoke was from the coil wrapper heating up.
Over all coils are pretty robust, you are probably ok since you noticed it and turned it off.

Carefully check around the area for any wires that may have melted together, if none found your still probably ok.

The drop target (black plastic piece of the assembly) is binding on the playfield you say?
This would cause the coil to work too hard and heat up.

With the playfield on its service rails and the rubber feet on the lockbar receiver.
Reach underneath the playfield and grab the whole drop target mechanism in your hand and either push it back or pull on it forwards until the black plastic piece no longer rubs on the playfield.

In your case since you report that its rubbing on the rear of the target, push the entire mechanism back maybe an inch or until the target is free. Its ok if the mech runs at an angle when done its designed for this, its ok to bend this mech.

Raise the playfield and carefully lean it back against the backbox head. Dont move the game around with the playfield in this position, it could fall.

With the power off test that the target raises and lowers with very little resistance and rubs on nothing.

Make sure the spring on the side of the black plastic piece is hooked on and retracts the target efficiently.
You can press on the brass colored piece with the little finger on it to manually knock the target off its metal ledge, the target should snap back into place if its working properly.

This is the factory method to resolve the rubbing issue.

Try to determine if its just the black plastic piece that is the culprit and not the plunger part inside the coil.

#6027 5 years ago

There are only 2 adjustments to the drop target assembly:
Bending the entire mech forward or backwards to keep the target from rubbing on the playfield.
and
Adjusting the stop screw at the very bottom of the metal coil housing to raise or lower the target when its retracted.
Properly adjusted the target would be flush with the surface.

I believe I know what the problem is but I don't know how to fix it. When I push down on the brass metal bracket it is getting stuck down in that position which does not allow the target to retract (see video).In the video, it pops back up, but most of the time it stays stuck down. I feel like the little brass arm that pushes down on the black bracket underneath is getting stuck on it somehow. Do i bend that little brass arm going down to fix it? I don't know. I assume the coil causes the bracket to push down in witch mode to cause the target to retract. I assume I am not having problem during regular play and only during witch mode is that the coil/bracket has nothing to do with retraction of the target when the ball hits it during regular gameplay. Lloyd, you have any thoughts on how to do this? I assume the coil overheats because it is staying stuck down.

IMG_7535 (resized).JPGIMG_7535 (resized).JPG
2 weeks later
#6096 5 years ago
Quoted from monte_:

Can anyone tell me which drop target extension spring i need for the 1 bank drop target? Mine is broken and i am not sure which one on pinball life/marco parts is the right one. #11 in picture[quoted image]

If just the end loop broke off, grab another loop off the spring, bend it out and reattach it to the mech.

It's not too critical as far as tension.

2 months later
#6337 5 years ago
Quoted from avspin:

Can you adjust the angle of view for the crystal ball?

Unfortunately no.
Its pinned by the attachment bolts.

You might be able to slot out the mounting holes to twist it slightly in one direction.

The other direction it hits the wireform.

Maybe warp the mounting plate?
To bend it up for taller players?

I just hunch down to read it.

I know that people say it's a dumb toy with no info on it, but I use it a lot.

2 months later
#6624 5 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Back in the club!! A long time ago I had a WOZ standard which was sooo much nicer than my other games (players TAF and TZ) that I was intimidated by it. A few years have passed and I am super happy to be back in the club.
One issue I am having right now though is- the game is always spitting out 2 balls into the shooter lane. It is really weird, and makes the game virtually unplayable because as soon as i drain, the ball ends, yet the second ball comes rolling along a second or two later. It’s like the game doesn’t realise the second ball is there at all.
The trough optos seem to be working ok (though i am not sure how to test them beyond just tripping the light beam), and the shooter lane switch is working ok.
Sometimes I can leave the ball in the shooter lane for a while and nothing happens, but as soon as I plunge, a second ball is dropped into the shooter lane. So what gives? Connectors to the trough have been checked, switches / optos are ok in test.

Do you have a shooter lane rail cliffy?
Pay attention while a ball is ejected out of the trough into the lane. Is it bouncing back into the trough sometimes? If so, the ball is landing back on top of the next ball. The shooter lane switch doesn't see a ball so the trough VUK fires 2 balls up into the lane. I had this same exact problem on my MET. I ended up having to bend the ball deflector down (towards the plunger) just a hair. This changed the trajectory just enough to prevent the ball from bouncing back into the trough. Problem solved.
Hope this helps.
Nick

#6644 5 years ago

Folks, what has been some of the ways to fix the release of balls from the munchkin lock?

I think that I have tried everything.

IE: bending the small resting tab underneath the lock bar which holds the balls back (the lock bar which raises and lowers with the coil). I have bent this down and up, both in varying amounts. Basically resulting in the arm letting the first ball through and the arm sitting on top, or slightly top front of the next ball, or letting them through. Note: if I bend the tab to allow the arm to almost sit on the plastic subway then the first ball seems to cup into the backside of the face of the arm and the coil won't pull up the arm. I have put tape across this opening to see if the position of the arm solves the release of multi-balls but it does not.

There is a coil setting for the release timing of balls 1,2 and 3 when locked and releasing them for multiball. I don't believe that has anything to do with what I need. That would just allow you to wait between releasing the balls.

I think that the pitch of the pin is ok. Not sure what else to try. This makes it bad (unfair) for a multi-player game of course.

#6648 5 years ago
Quoted from dnaman:

Folks, what has been some of the ways to fix the release of balls from the munchkin lock?
I think that I have tried everything.
IE: bending the small resting tab underneath the lock bar which holds the balls back (the lock bar which raises and lowers with the coil). I have bent this down and up, both in varying amounts. Basically resulting in the arm letting the first ball through and the arm sitting on top, or slightly top front of the next ball, or letting them through. Note: if I bend the tab to allow the arm to almost sit on the plastic subway then the first ball seems to cup into the backside of the face of the arm and the coil won't pull up the arm. I have put tape across this opening to see if the position of the arm solves the release of multi-balls but it does not.
There is a coil setting for the release timing of balls 1,2 and 3 when locked and releasing them for multiball. I don't believe that has anything to do with what I need. That would just allow you to wait between releasing the balls.
I think that the pitch of the pin is ok. Not sure what else to try. This makes it bad (unfair) for a multi-player game of course.

In order to get the lock bar to work properly you first have to make sure its tightly mounted.
the tolerances are so close that loose screws really affect it.

Under the hut plastic the the top screw on top of the ball lock solenoid assembly is generally not tight.
You might notice this because the lock bar can move side to side in the ramp when it should be firmly mounted.

Tighten the big silver single screw and put blue loctite on it.

Secondly the 2 screws on the bottom of the ball lock coil assembly are always loose.
These are harder to get to as you have to remove the ball lock assembly from the ramp. Its not hard just tediuous.

After you made sure the assembly is firmly mounted, you can proceed with adjustment.

Adjustment is pretty straightforward.

Make sure when the lock bar is raised that it clears the balls by a good margin like 1/4"

When the bar is at rest, the lower front end downward loop has to go about 3/64" past the side apex curve of the ball.
It has to touch the ball just below the centerline.

If its higher, balls will push thru. When its slightly below the center line the balls will try to climb the loop and be trapped.

Measured from the ramp inside bottom the the edge of the loop is approx 12-13mm on my game.

After a few games if balls escape, bend the lock bar down only 1/32", or half a mm at a time until the balls try to climb the loop instead of pushing through.

If the lock bar drags on the balls you have to adjust the solenoid bracket or adjustment tab by bending it open more, until its higher and start over.

Because the sweet spot is only a millimeter or so, its important the the mounting screws are tight to begin with.
It took me 2 years to figure this out.

Properly adjusted and timed the arm will not drag on a ball and a high speed ball will not raise the arm at all if it hits the end. The curve of the ball and its rolling motion should force the arm down under the ball not up.

So, again, start with making sure the ball lock assembly is firmly mounted to the ramp before you adjust anything.
Often its just loose and needs no adjustment at all.

1 month later
#6947 5 years ago
Quoted from f3honda4me:

Had a minor issue with my WOZ - bad/broken solder joint on the haunted forest skill shot caused several other switches to fail too. Resoldered the wires and all is good again. Thanks to ltg for the helping hand too.
Got my invoice from cliffy this morning, so once he catches up I'll have cliffys for the munchkin playfield edge and castle playfield edge.

That switch is right near the edge so can take damage when you are lifting and lowering the playfield. I had a wire snap off on mine. Make sure the switch has enough clearance, and if not, gently bend the contacts out of the way.

#7021 5 years ago
Quoted from f3honda4me:

I tried turning down and it gets worse. I’ll get in there and check alignment and that all is secure. I appreciate the advice.

Pull off the apron and bend out the metal tab.

Eject a few balls you will see where its hitting.

It's the forward side tab probably.

Bend it either in or out depending on what it does.

LTG should have pics of this.

1 month later
#7369 4 years ago
Quoted from Sciddleybop1980:

Me again
Ok, so I sorted the hall sensor by zip tieing it in the loom just above the magnet. Works a charm. Can’t sway in to anything to risk a short.
In other news, I noticed that occasionally when I started mutiball, the balls wouldn’t release. It would do a ball search forever but never realease the balls from the lock. In coil test the lock coil wouldn’t work. I had to remove the glass and manually lift it. Then it would work ok for a bit, then do the same.
Luckily I removed the glass quickly to investigate as I touched the coil it was red hot and then started to smoke.
I was in coil test at the time and it suddenly started lifting and dropping as it should. I obviously then turned the machine off and left it.
So in essence. The coil isn’t permanently locked on. It will function correctly sometimes. Does this rule out a dodgy transistor?
I’m guessing The coil is now fried so will need a new one anyway. I can’t test for resistance at the moment as it’s cooling down and I need to get to bed!!
This machine is testing me!!
Edit. I Have a theory and I’d be interested to hear your views. I just read a thread on pinballinfo whereby people had problems with the ball lock not lifting the armature as the gap between the magnet and the arm was too big so it couldn’t lift the arm. I’m thinking if this is the case with mine, the coil stays energised until a ball lock switch is triggered telling the machine a ball has been released, thus switching off the coil. Otherwise it continues to try and lift the armature.
Sound plausible?.? I don’t know. It kind of makes sense given that the coil isn’t locked on the whole time.

Your coil is very likely just fine.
I have smoked mine several times.
The wrapper looks bad but the coil is very durable.

Check for cold solder joints on each coil wire, flux and reflow them.

They are under the munchkin hut plastic and very easy to access with the playfield in the pulled out service position.

Adjust the lock arm a little closer to the coil so it grabs it easier about 1/16" closer.

LTG has some pictures of exactly where to bend the bracket.

#7401 4 years ago
Quoted from Nokoro:

I need help. In the middle of a game, one of the coils started acting up and seemed to fire on its own. The game screen then went dark. I shut down the game and restarted it. When it started up, the game seemed ok but very quickly into my first plunge, multiple coils started firing. I heard a pop and smelled burning. I turned off the game again quickly. I looked inside the box, and the only thing I saw out of the ordinary was this burnt looking chip on the I/O board (see picture below).
Note that I recently converted the game to the 2.0 lighting system. However, I played multiple games since doing that and everything played well. More recently, I waxed the game, and this was my first game after waxing. Not that waxing would do anything, but I did pull out the playfield a bit to get everywhere.
Any ideas? Is this just bad luck, and my I/O board went? Do I have some other issue that caused the I/O board to go? I'm really bummed out as I just spent all that time on the 2.0 upgrade only to have this happen a week later. Thanks in advance for the help.
[quoted image]

I wanted to follow-up on this story. I think my WOZ is finally back up and running thanks to the tremendous support of the JJP team, including Steve, Butch, Frank, Shannan and others.

I sent the pictures of my fried chip on the I/O board to JJP, and they were able to look at it and say that it was most likely caused by a 70v surge into the switch matrix at column 7. That really helped me narrow down where the problem came from. The current theory is that the tab on my skill shot switch got bent by the cabinet rail and was resting against it.

WOZ -- bent skill shot switch (resized).JPGWOZ -- bent skill shot switch (resized).JPG

Then, when the left bumper fired, the nut on the bracket likely touched the rail briefly sending the voltage into the switch matrix and frying my chip.

WOZ -- left bumper (resized).JPGWOZ -- left bumper (resized).JPG

I straightened the switch and tried to bend the tabs further away from the side of the cabinet where the rail is. I also wrapped the skill shot switch, the left winged monkey switch, and the nut on the bumper in electrical tape, just in case accidental contact is made again.

WOZ Switches -- electrical tape (resized).JPGWOZ Switches -- electrical tape (resized).JPG

I sent the I/O board back to JJP, and they very promptly repaired it and sent it back. Unfortunately, when I installed it, one of the optos was acting funny, triggering a whole row on the matrix. I contacted JJP again, and they suggested that I try to switch the opto I/O board with the other one in the game. The other one worked, proving that I had a faulty board. I'm not sure what caused that, but perhaps it was the same voltage surge. They sent me a new board, and now everything appears to be working after playing two games. I still feel like I'm walking on egg shells, but I really hope my problems are behind me.

I can't emphasize enough how helpful the JJP team was with this. I really think I would have been lost without them. Thanks guys!

Now for a Public Service Announcement: The next time you lift your playfield, check both your skill shot switch and the left winged monkey target switch. Both are so close to the rail when the playfield is down that they are almost touching. I've had problems with that skill shot switch before getting bent. Make sure it is not getting crushed by the rail.

2 weeks later
#7597 4 years ago
Quoted from adol75:

Scary ! What are you doing to it ?

Let's see... I bought all new rubbers from titan (color matched, but the database list they had was sort of incorrect so I just placed an order for the right items). I installed the entire Cliffy kit (which basically necessitates taking the game apart). I fixed some playfield chipping behind the winky, at the upper magnet and at the throne room, painted them in and cleared it. I fixed some chipping along the munchkin playfield where the air balls hit it (cleared it so far) and then going to paint it and clear again, then install the cliffy there. I installed some custom RGB LED lighting on the gouvea witch mod, trough and backboard. I am installing a flickering flame light on the state fair balloon and a lighted winky target. I polished and waxed the playfield and installed some mylar in a few areas that were getting wear (near the top lanes where the sling is and around the right top bend). Probably going to throw a bit more mylar around the pops, the installed piece they have there from the factory is stupidly short in some places so the playfield still gets worn right under the pops. I installed many of the sticker kit (ball, glinda, monkeys, skill shot, castle playfield, etc). I installed 6 spotlights around the playfield.

I think that's it

3 weeks later
#7867 4 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Having some odd behavior with the munchkin ball lock. Seems like balls won't release for multiball unless I press both flippers which causes them to release. Running version 6.61 code (need to update). Anyone else seen this?

If it is lifting ok when no balls are in the lock then I am betting it is the bending trick that is needed.
See post #3398 in this thread

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/woz-fan-club-members-only?tq=bend&tu=

1 month later
#8354 4 years ago

Bend the microswitch actuator down ever so slightly while holding the arm down closed against the body. Never adjust any microswitch without holding it closed or you will break the arm off the switch. Bending the curved end down a touch will allow him to travel a thread or two farther down. Too far and he will plug on top of the ball so not too far / you want him to stop just left of the midway point of the playfield magnet core with the monkey plastic removed
Yes white lithium grease shoot it on a rag and work it into the threads don’t leave excess or it will splatter all over everything.

2 weeks later
#8469 4 years ago
Quoted from Rager170:

How was the install on the Monkey Mod? Make me nervous to mess around with that as i finally have it working perfectly.

I was surprised at how much force was required to bend the rail to the left of the castle door and wiring/placing the LED strip was a bit 'squishy' for my taste. Overall though the installation is straightforward and the instructional video is helpful as well. Back to the question, you don't really 'mess' with the monkey mech as part of the installation. I would think that the chances of having your monkey become AFU as a result of installing this mod would be somewhere in the area of very slim to none.

1 week later
#8563 4 years ago
Quoted from Rager170:

Couple questions for you guys...
One, my ball has a tenancy to get stuck on the Winkie target when its down, on the backside of it. Assuming the target just needs to be raised slightly?
Second, for the rollover switches for Tinman, Lion, Toto... How high/low should these be. I see that when the ball is rolling calmly on the playfield, these obstruct the balls path. Should they do that?
Thanks.

Place a 6" steel ruler over the rollovers.

If they are all down, all is good.

If one stays high, lower it.

Use the same ruler over the drop target when down.

It should be perfectly flat.

If not, adjust the nut on the bottom of the mech.

If the ball is sitting in the gap of the drop target, bend tbe entire mech forwards or backwards to close the gap.

1 month later
#9019 4 years ago
Quoted from LukyDuck:

Topper I cannot figure out and there is no way the LH outlane post is going to fit into its RH hole.

Measure DC Volts at that connector you posted before.

Unless they changed the PF (they didn't) you can move that lane guide post but you have to remove the plastic piece covering it. See the area I circled below, the two larger top holes are for the post and the lower two are for the lane guide, you do have to bend it a little to move it over there.

Untitled (resized).pngUntitled (resized).png
1 week later
#9169 4 years ago
Quoted from adol75:

But how to adjust it ? Do I move the whole switch ?

You want to bend the switch slightly. But make sure you put pressure on where it is attached so the leaf part doesnt fly off.

1 month later
#9488 4 years ago
Quoted from BENETNATH:

Hello,
I finally got a nice woz in my collection
I fixed the monkey by tightening the screws on the black plastic thing that seems not so robust.
The machine is a pro, done on June 18th 2014
What are the things I need to look at? I red that some had issues with undersized power supply or fuse?
Is there any tutorial to remove the buzzing noise produced by backbox speakers?
Anyway, I'm in love with it!!

Many times the RCA connectors cause the buzzing so slightly move those while machine is on - these are red, black or yellow tipped wires exiting the big metal box. You can bend the outer RCA thingy's a bit to make them more snug or use pull ties to anchor them. If it's not these check other wires low near the back box - simply move them and see if the noise goes away.

With your first JJP order I'd buy an assortment of fuses, an extra rubber shooter tip, an extra pair of flipper shoe plastics, and one long light board cable to use as a jumper to trouble shoot light problems.

1 week later
#9561 4 years ago
Quoted from Rager170:

I will probably take off the playfield at some point to take a look.

Then roll a ball through slowly, or stop at various points to see where it actually stops. You may have to adjust lane guides or something.

Disclaimer : Adjust is a code word for bend the darn thing.

4 weeks later
#9697 4 years ago
Quoted from rennervision:

I'm open to suggestions

Raise the castle wall. Bend the metal brackets behind the wall up a bit. Lift playfield up and pull out and rest on front of cabinet so you can see behind there and figure what needs to be done.

1 week later
#9760 4 years ago
Quoted from Rager170:

I got the witch off from the top of the playfield. Man, what a PITA the way the angle is for those screws in her back..

The threaded rod the witch rides on pulls out of the game with her. If you grab her below the hat (anywhere but the hat) you can gently pull her directly up and out of the game completely, nothing special to do (but remove the tube if it is on). Putting it back in is the reverse but don't force it or bend the rod.

2 months later
#10099 4 years ago
Quoted from irishpin:

I have had problems with my winkie drop target for some time now. The test shows that the target is stuck open. I am not by any means an electrical guy, can someone tell me what this means and how do I fix this? Thanks.

Also to mention to the problem I had, it was caused by me needing to bend the target bracket to allow more room for the target to move. When I did this, it wouldnt allow the metal arm connected to the coil to hit the target to lower it on its own. It took a bit of tweaking (bending of parts) to get to work right.

1 week later
#10142 4 years ago

Anyone have a set of green ECLE side rails they might sell?

There was some damage to my game today, and the rails bent during a sudden shift and force on the cabinet. You can see in the pictures they don't line up with the back box. You can also see the bend.

I was thinking of trying to take them off and just bend them back, but someone suggested I try to get new ones because I won't be able to bend them back without leaving a lot of marks. Any thoughts? If new rails are called for please send me a message if you have any. I did leave messages for JJ today but figured I would ask here as well. Thanks.

IMG_1674 (resized).jpegIMG_1674 (resized).jpegIMG_1675 (resized).jpegIMG_1675 (resized).jpeg60884581527__AABC05B3-1BA3-4646-9160-1282B1BB5AC3 (resized).jpeg60884581527__AABC05B3-1BA3-4646-9160-1282B1BB5AC3 (resized).jpeg60884583013__3EB176A8-6236-47BA-8DC4-BB5C16FBE37D (resized).jpeg60884583013__3EB176A8-6236-47BA-8DC4-BB5C16FBE37D (resized).jpeg60884587291__8B83CA21-6E8D-4751-ADAB-3329781E0E9A (resized).jpeg60884587291__8B83CA21-6E8D-4751-ADAB-3329781E0E9A (resized).jpegIMG_1676 (resized).jpegIMG_1676 (resized).jpegIMG_1679 (resized).jpegIMG_1679 (resized).jpeg
1 month later
#10348 3 years ago
Quoted from Rager170:

Yes, there is a coil that is used to lower the Winkie Target. When I went and bent the target bracket to give more room for the target popping up (Decal was scraping) , I had a weird issue that prevented the metal arm from fully extending to hit it hard enough to lower. Never realized it was a problem until later on. I then found that due to bending the bracket, that arm was hitting the underside of the playfield. Took a little tweaking to get it to work right.

I have to thank you for explaining your issue with the bracket that drops the Winkie target. I never knew the target was supposed to drop during a ball search because mine never has dropped on its own since I bought it NIB. I always thought it’s was an oversight by JJP. I looked at mine and the brass bracket did not line up with the opening. Probably just like yours. I had to take apart the whole drop target assembly to be able to bend the bracket. Looks like the brass bracket was not attached/properly aligned to the silver bracket. Works now though!

Thanks again @rager170!

2 weeks later
#10582 3 years ago
Quoted from Kkoss24:

Seeing that it’s my only machine as of now, any tips on these I’m gonna open it up I only have an hour I work tomro again I’d appreciate anything that will help me get through this fast .
[quoted image]

I think some of these are switches that haven’t been hit in a while I had the rescue error and just had to bend the switch a little bit to get it to go away.

#10599 3 years ago

So just joined the WOZ club and took delivery of what I gather is a “Green Edition.” Absolutely love the game but have a fix that y’all may know the quick and easy answer to.

After the ball ejects from the castle and travels down the wire form towards the Toto outlane side.....about 25% of the time the ball will pop over the guide rail and drain into the Toto outlane. I adjusted the screw on the wire form as far “in” toward the flippers as it can go without hitting the plastic and still no luck.

I assume I need to bend the wire form or the metal rail that separates the out lane from the flipper lane?

I’m not too savvy with bending parts so wanted to see if anyone faced the same issue?

Thanks in Advance

2 weeks later
#10736 3 years ago
Quoted from Calfdemon:

As for your left tree bumper, make sure it is not caught up on the side of cabinet. I actually have to lower my playfield while pushing slightly to the right in order for my left tree to clear the cabinet. If I just lower my playfield straight down, my left tree gets caught up and locks where you cannot even push it down. There is almost no clearance between that pop bumper and the cabinet and it can get caught up very easily. I have learned that I always check that left tree after I lower my playfield and I always lower it while pushing the playfield to the right in order to seat it with enough clearance for that tree.
That may not be your problem, but that is mine and figured I would suggest that solution.

I've had that a lot too. It took me a bunch of times to figure how to hold it when lowering the playfield.

An easy way to see if that's your problem is to remove the glass and tap on the tree, if he doesn't move it means he is stuck against the cabinet. In that case you shouldn't wait for your next tech visit, I'm worried it might bend the bracket if it stays stuck too long.

2 months later
#11070 3 years ago

Well, good news and bad news.

The good news is I now know how to take off the castle playfield. I had to make a two wire Molex to get it off. I took off the two set screws (didn't realize there were two) and added newer ones and added blue locktite for each door.

The bad news. It didn't make it better. Maybe even a little worse now. The right door sometimes doesn't open. I wonder if the latch that holds the doors closed is the culprit. It looks like it barely clears. Should I bend it?

IMG_2528 (resized).jpegIMG_2528 (resized).jpegIMG_2529 (resized).jpegIMG_2529 (resized).jpegIMG_2535 (resized).jpegIMG_2535 (resized).jpeg

#11071 3 years ago
Quoted from Navystan:

It looks like it barely clears. Should I bend it?

It may have gotten bent. If when pulled in it doesn't unlatch the door, bend it a little.

1 week later
#11191 3 years ago

Navystan, reporting back to duty...

Castle Door Journey
- Been working the door issues for the past few weeks.

Background
- When I first got the machine, it seemed to be working, but noticed the right door stayed open occasionally.
- Other Pinsiders suggested the common issues be looked at. 1) set screws not tight enough; 2) latch needed adjustment; 3) weak or bad right motor.
- When I took off the first time, I had to add a 2-wire/pin Molex. Apparently, the older Woz machines didn't have this Molex connector.
- Upon examining the right door, I added new set screws, the Allen head style to permit easier tightening. After reassembling, the right door stopped working. So, the door actually got worse. Don't know if it was coincidence, or if was just binding more, or motor power was getting worse.
- I ordered 4 new motors from JJP and all did not have capacitors installed.

Saturday Work day
- I spent about 4 hours working on the castle doors.
- Since I have now taken the castle playfield off so many times, I now can remove in less than 10 minutes.
- I removed the door assembly from the the castle playfield for the first time. Took off doors first and discovered the common problem of the bottom right screw was worn away. Luckily, I was able to get a small vise wrench around the screw to loosen and remove. (see pictures)
- I removed the right motor only since I didn't want to change out left motor until I have new capacitors. Had a little problem "melting" solder from the lugs. Don't know if my soldering unit is going bad, since in the past it worked pretty solidly. So, I had to cut away existing wire from the motor terminals. I also could not "melt" the solder along side the motor for the capacitor, so I had to cut that off as well. Barely had enough room to resolder back to the new motor.
- While I had the motor off the assembly, a friend recommend I test with a 9 volt battery. I tried to test with a 9 volt battery while still attached the the castle playfield, but neither left or right door would move with the battery (yes, I moved latch away). However, once the motor was off the mechanism, the battery did successfully turn the motor on. The new motor seemed to sound louder (more power?) then the old one.
- While I had the assembly apart, I had a closer look at the plate that is located near the latch the holds the doors closed. As some had suggested, this plate bends over time causing the doors not to open. I did notice mine was slightly impacting the latch clearing from the tabs, so I pushed it in a little before putting back together.
- So, to summarize what I did before restarting the game, I replaced the right castle door motor, used the existing capacitors, and bent the metal plate that impacts the latch that it used to keep doors closed.
- After restarting the WoZ, I went to test mode, and tested opening and closing doors. Both doors opened when test buttons were used.
- After running test mode, went to game play. As soon as I hit the doors, the stayed partially open. I turned off game and noticed when I pushed the doors with my fingers, both doors pushed past the latch with minimal effort. So, bending the plate apparently was too much.
- I took off castle playfield and could clearly see how latch was barely holding doors from opening. I tweaked right door by lowering the door down (as you look from the top) by adjusting the set screws on the post. When I did this, it also helped the left door. It now seemed light pressure by hand did not permit the doors to push through the latch. So, I stopped here and didn't try to bend the metal plate like I did earlier.
- I retested and pressed on the doors by hand to see if the doors would push open past the latch. They seemed to be strong enough to resist light pressure by hand, so I went to test by game play.
- During gameplay, it was a lot better. However, occasionally, the right door still partially opened. It would either reset after hitting a few times or at the end of a ball leaving the mini playfield (game reset).
- One other oddity happened one time. I noticed the crystal ball came up with an error message. However, after restarting the game, it was back to normal. I did nothing more than just restart the game.

Conclusion/Questions
- I need the get these capacitors. (See pictures). I looked at Great Plains Electronics, but didn't see the number on his site. Anyone know where I can get these and what part# I should be looking for?
- For my final adjustment to right door, bend plate a little more? I'm not going to take off again until I get the new capacitors and will replace the one I just did and likely just go ahead and change left door motor as well.
- My soldering skills need a little work. I had a hard time getting solder to "stick" to the side of motor. Use some flux? I saw others file down to scuff, so maybe that's all I need to do.
- Thanks for everyone's help and tips on the castle doors. Pinside users are super for helping the community.

IMG_2601 (resized).jpegIMG_2601 (resized).jpegIMG_2600 (resized).jpegIMG_2600 (resized).jpegIMG_2603 (resized).jpegIMG_2603 (resized).jpegIMG_2605 (resized).jpegIMG_2605 (resized).jpegIMG_2615 (resized).jpegIMG_2615 (resized).jpegIMG_2618 (resized).jpegIMG_2618 (resized).jpegIMG_2624 (resized).jpegIMG_2624 (resized).jpegIMG_2628 (resized).jpegIMG_2628 (resized).jpegIMG_2630 (resized).jpegIMG_2630 (resized).jpeg
#11199 3 years ago

If the door is staying open:
Its slipping past the latch.
The right door has to be lowered 1/64".
The latch will always work slightly canted.
Lower the right door very slightly without it dragging on the wood.

I think I'm as close the the wood as possible. Hopefully, there is still some room to adjust. If not, bend the plate tab more?

1 month later
#11381 3 years ago
Quoted from FatPanda:

So you bent the rail outward? Kind of what I was thinking.

Yeah, the bend appears to be a little sharp. Opening it up and creating a little more graceful curve helps a lot.

1 month later
#11712 3 years ago

My tin man rollover button rarely registers. It works when I test the switch but it takes a harder push then the other ones. How do I adjust it to be more sensitive then when I adjust the leaf switch? Do I slightly bend the long leaf closet to the playfield down away from the playfield or do I bend the shorter lower leaf up towards the playfield? Or something else all together? Thanks in advance for the help!

#11768 3 years ago
Quoted from mjs2:

. I’ll check it out - thx rager and Lloyd.

Just saw your response.. I figured that was the issue. Were you able to resolve this?

For mine, that metal lever that pushes the target to make it go down was not engaging fully. It was catching on the playfield a little and I had to bend it slightly to engage the target fully.

the red circle on the picture is the lever that i needed to tweak a little. Once I did that, it was able to hit the target hard enough to drop it...

wonka coil1 (resized).jpgwonka coil1 (resized).jpg
3 weeks later
#11907 3 years ago

If the door switch doesnt register you have an alignment problem.
Question:
Does the door switch work by manually clicking it. Dont rely on the door.
(yes, Im into the kirkland whisky now... lol)

The switch clicks if I push the little button with my finger. I replaced the switch twice to make sure the first one wasn’t the problem. If there is an alignment problem how do I fix it. Everything seems to be aligned and nothing rubbing against wood or playfield. I can’t move switch closer to the metal bar since it’s screwed in. I’m thinking maybe bend that bar in front of switch so it activates easier?

3 months later
#12372 3 years ago
Quoted from meSz:

Thanks all for the posts!

Yeah, try to make the bend less sharp.

I didnt use any tools per se, I just took it out and started smoothing the bends by hand so the ball can go into the lane more fully before it bounces out.

I just watched Pinballgoddess play a game with zero crystal ball rejects in a 40 min game.

Not her best, 5.5 million points....didnt even get on the board lol.

4 months later
#12737 2 years ago
Quoted from GRB1959:

Hi Nick,
I had the same problem on my WOZECLE and I had to remove the castle playfield and the motor for the single castle door and then I removed the door post by loosening the set screw. After doing this re-install the door post and tighten the set screw and then install the single castle door to the door post and make sure that the bottom of the door has about the width of a credit card clearance with the playfield so that it doesn't bind.
Re-install the castle playfield and test the single door via the game diagnostics. WOZECLE can be a bit fussy on the placement of the single castle door onto the motor post which spins the door. Initially I was able to test mine, but it didn't seem to have enough power to open the door and after performing the above steps with the now tightened set screw it works perfectly.
This is actually a pretty common problem on WOZECLE when the set screw is a little loose and the door slips on the door post or slightly changes position.
Gord
[quoted image]
[quoted image]

Thanks! I must have moved its position when trying to bend the guide rail. It’s always something with this damn hobby. Appreciate the insight Gord!

Nick

5 months later
#13305 2 years ago
Quoted from MrMikeman:

AFAIK there is none. If you are having issues with ball release it's that the bar is sitting too low. Search this thread for munchkin ball lock.

Yep... this is correct. You have to carefully bend the bar.. It will take a few tries be patient.

#13309 2 years ago
Quoted from RTS:

What do you think is causing the problem if the setting has never been changed?
Fix the source of the problem and you won't have to periodically adjust your settings to compensate.
Some may get tired of constant adjustments. And eventually the settings may no longer have any effect.

For me, coil strength varies throughout the year depending upon energy load, such as if AC is running, etc. Every once in a while, I had to tweak the timing of the ball release to compensate. I haven’t had to do it in a while, but I haven’t been playing as much as in the past. I’m just saying, for me, I would rather just change a setting every now and then than try to bend a mech and potentially mess things up.

4 months later
#13849 1 year ago
Quoted from Jazman:

Anyone have any luck with a fix?

If it kicks the ball up and it goes back down. It's hitting the flap at the top end of the ball trough ( right side if you are standing on the side watching it ) that should divert it to the shooter lane.

If so, bend it out a little so it sends the ball to the shooter lane.

#13862 1 year ago
Quoted from LTG:

If it kicks the ball up and it goes back down. It's hitting the flap at the top end of the ball trough ( right side if you are standing on the side watching it ) that should divert it to the shooter lane.
If so, bend it out a little so it sends the ball to the shooter lane.

Yrp, bend the adjustment tab a litte until it feeds properly.

#13871 1 year ago

It looks like it pulses the monkey magnet, then lets it go. I don't remember if the monkey magnet senses the ball or just grabs it at a certain point. If it's the magnet sense, it could be that, but I'm thinking Lloyd may be onto the problem with an intermittent wire connection inside the insulation (broken wire) where it's enough to grab the ball but then as soon as the monkey starts back, it flexes the wire and the connection is lost, killing the monkey magnet. Do you have a multimeter? If so, put clips at each end of one wire to the monkey and check continuity, then flex and bend the wire all along the way and see if continuity is lost.

3 months later
#14298 1 year ago

Hi. I installed the Mezel mods lit Winkie target and the front of it rubs on the side of the playfield hole, I tried adding the plastic wedges in between the screws but no help.

Any ideas how to bend/adjust the target plastic or mech to move this towards center of the hole?

Thanks!

CB715C12-9C78-43F8-9346-9B698EE67A5C (resized).jpegCB715C12-9C78-43F8-9346-9B698EE67A5C (resized).jpeg
#14299 1 year ago
Quoted from PinDeadHead:

Hi. I installed the Mezel mods lit Winkie target and the front of it rubs on the side of the playfield hole, I tried adding the plastic wedges in between the screws but no help.
Any ideas how to bend/adjust the target plastic or mech to move this towards center of the hole?
Thanks![quoted image]

Is it assembled correctly? It looks like its way off and it shouldnt be. Maybe assembled wrong?

Since the drop target is the same as the original black one, AND the original wasnt installed that way, Check your work.

For small adjustments:

Bend the entire metal mech (Pull it towards the front of the game) forwards.

You only have to tweak it a small amount to free it up.

Other than that, loosen the mounting screws and press it back as far as possible.

If that fails, pull out the mech and elongate its mounting holes a bit until you can push it where is needs to be.

1 month later
#14421 1 year ago
Quoted from Patofnaud:

When your machine has side decals, one trick is to score the decal with a box cutter by sticking it under the rail at an angle. That way if you lift the decal, it will stop tearing at your cut.
To protect the side art use painters tape below the rail so your missed hammer strikes and putty knife does not make any oppsies..
To stop the area you already lifted to re-adhere, use shims.
[quoted image]
[quoted image]

not my post but overall good advice for side rails. When you use the putty knife don’t pry out or you will bend the rail. Just push straight up to break the adhesion. Move the putty knife over 50% of its width and repeat.

1 month later
#14518 1 year ago
Quoted from Mattyk:

Is there an easier way to adjust these targets other than taking the playfield off?

Turn the game off. Lift playfield and pull forward and rest it on the front of the cabinet.

Flashlight helps here. Long thin screw driver, stick it in there and try to bend the shorter rear leaf blade closer to the front longer leaf blade.

3 months later
#14673 1 year ago
Quoted from Cam2000:

My auto-plunge mechanism gets weak after launching a few balls and can not make it up the ramp to get into play. This behavior just started up in the last few days and is getting progressively worse. The mech is actually moving slowly when this is happening like it doesn't have enough power. I've gone into the settings and bumped up the power with no change resulting from doing that. I've checked that nothing is binding with it and that the two sides of the bracket are both touching the ball and are centered on the channel.
Does anybody have any suggestions? If a suggestion is to check the power to the coil, please tell me how to do that. I've never done that before and would love to learn how.
Thanks!

I have had mine 9 years and it just did this. I moved the coil until it worked freely. Turns out it moved out of position on its own. A simple bend put it back working great.

5 months later
#14943 6 months ago

Gently bend them at the seam and they will break apart with a snap

5 months later
#15189 47 days ago
Quoted from meSz:

Installing the 2.0 boards and have a question on the Rainbow board. Where are the CAT6 and Power cable supposed to run to the underside of the playfield?
Not seeing it in the directions and common sense tells me to run it through the oblong hole directly under the RAINBOW plastic but that would mean the CAT6 cable needs to be bent drastically? Also, the end of the CAT6 doesn't fit through the opening.
[quoted image]

Yep, make the drastic bend. Pull that rubber boot off then send it up, then pull the boot back up.

20240309_110050 (resized).jpg20240309_110050 (resized).jpg

1 month later
#15269 11 days ago

The lock arm can also be tested in the solenoid test if its working.

And timing of the arm adjusted.

If it works in test but not in game play. You may need to bend the nose on the relay a tiny bit closer so the relay grabs it better. Circled red in picture.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 115.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

$ 85.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 5.00
$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 100.00
Boards
Led Pinball

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

13,000 (OBO)
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Stephenson, VA
$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 91.00
$ 16.95
$ 55.00
Lighting - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 130.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

Wanted
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 24.50
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts matching search word(s) "bend".
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/woz-fan-club-members-only?tq=bend&tu= and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.