767a905f-f768-44f4-b3e3-b2998967ff3c_text.gif
Photo Mar 30 2024, 5 42 30 PM (resized).jpg
20240316_125739 (resized).jpg
20240314_221748 (resized).jpg
20240314_215727 (resized).jpg
841FD4A1-7C8E-4E32-973D-DD8D05C4902E (resized).png
3D72BC84-0D17-44A1-B683-A17D4B722FF3 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

12 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 15,283 posts in this topic. You are on page 99 of 306.
#4901 6 years ago
Quoted from Gov:

The screws on the pop cap of the left most pop bumper keep coming loose on mine. I have taken the tree off and tightened them back down 3 times in 2 days. I hate to put locktite on there. Any suggestions?

Sounds like you may have a striped nut or screw. Check nut first if so easy to replace if screw then dap a smidge of gorilla glue or wrap a little plumbing tape around screw, don't use locktite

#4902 6 years ago

My goal for 2018 is to get my WOZ issue fixed so I can get back to playing.

#4903 6 years ago
Quoted from Gov:

I hate to put locktite on there. Any suggestions?

Locktite blue.

LTG : )

#4904 6 years ago

Well, I had walk away from the ruby red today. Less than 200 plays and had the upper playfield chipping. All the 2.0 games I have looked at have had this issue. I have friends with 2013 run games with no chipping. This appears to be a issue at this point. I have passed on 3 now with the chipping issue. I guess I will look for NIB and add cliffy and protection immediately

#4905 6 years ago

I had to replace the coil for the drop target. Is the metal bracket suppose to begin this position in front of the switch?

20180101_153715 (resized).jpg20180101_153715 (resized).jpg

#4906 6 years ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

I had to replace the coil for the drop target. Is the metal bracket suppose to begin this position in front of the switch?

What symptoms were you having? Mine is acting weird too.

#4907 6 years ago
Quoted from woody76:

Well, I had walk away from the ruby red today. Less than 200 plays and had the upper playfield chipping. All the 2.0 games I have looked at have had this issue. I have friends with 2013 run games with no chipping. This appears to be a issue at this point. I have passed on 3 now with the chipping issue. I guess I will look for NIB and add cliffy and protection immediately

It is just a crap shoot. That area is prone to chipping on all of the editions if not protected.

#4908 6 years ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

Is the metal bracket suppose to begin this position in front of the switch?

No. Tab on drop target pushes switch closed, not the metal pusher thingy.

IMG_0436 (resized).JPGIMG_0436 (resized).JPG

IMG_0437 (resized).JPGIMG_0437 (resized).JPG

#4909 6 years ago
Quoted from woody76:

sorry to hear - is that the bottom circle on the munchkin pf?

#4910 6 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

You could split the difference on a new playfield assembly:

http://store.jerseyjackpinball.com/Parts/Wizard-of-Oz-Parts/Munchkinland-Assy-WOZ.html

Whats $500 on a $7500 game

#4911 6 years ago
Quoted from lordloss:

You could split the difference on a new playfield assembly:
http://store.jerseyjackpinball.com/Parts/Wizard-of-Oz-Parts/Munchkinland-Assy-WOZ.html
Whats $500 on a $7500 game

Thanks for sharing, great idea

#4912 6 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Yea, it is to the left of the triangle insert on the turn. If yours is not protected so it asap. This one has 157 plays and was chipped bad.

#4913 6 years ago
Quoted from woody76:

Thanks for sharing, great idea

And thats for the whole assy, all you would need is the bare upper PF which should be much cheaper, swap it out and you are good to go.

That being said, if some chipping there is all that is holding you back, like lordless said, get the seller to discount it the cost of the bare upper PF, get it and enjoy it! Unless there is a cliffy on that PF edge, your going to see wear there. The Glinda tarket is really the only airball spot that I know of on the PF, it is common.

#4914 6 years ago
Quoted from Gov:

The screws on the pop cap of the left most pop bumper keep coming loose on mine. I have taken the tree off and tightened them back down 3 times in 2 days. I hate to put locktite on there. Any suggestions?

I used blue loctite on mine, works great.

#4915 6 years ago

Im having some trouble dialling in my lock down bar settings.
I have had it working perfectly in the past.

I had to squeeze the bracket a little to get the arm closer to the magnet so that it would grab a little firmer (when 3 balls rest on the end the arm wouldnt raise as it had sagged a bit over time).

It seems to pinch the last ball of 3 when starting a multiball/
I bent the bar adjustment tab up 1/2 mm but more than that will allow the balls to escape when they run thru the huts.
Adjusting the times has had little effect.

This sure is a delicate and fine adjustment and has me stumped.
I have it working fairly well but it can stick a ball under the arm once in awhile, Smacking the cab releases it usually.

Any stories out there on what you did to get it working mostly perfectly (other than setting it to virtual)?

#4916 6 years ago
Quoted from pinballinreno:

Im having some trouble dialling in my lock down bar settings.
I have had it working perfectly in the past.
I had to squeeze the bracket a little to get the arm closer to the magnet so that it would grab a little firmer (when 3 balls rest on the end the arm wouldnt raise as it had sagged a bit over time).
It seems to pinch the last ball of 3 when starting a multiball/
I bent the bar adjustment tab up 1/2 mm but more than that will allow the balls to escape when they run thru the huts.
Adjusting the times has had little effect.
This sure is a delicate and fine adjustment and has me stumped.
I have it working fairly well but it can stick a ball under the arm once in awhile, Smacking the cab releases it usually.
Any stories out there on what you did to get it working mostly perfectly (other than setting it to virtual)?

I did the same adjustment as you. it was a little trial and error but once I got it I havent had to mess with it since (maybe 2 years ago or so). I would try another round of adjusting and if that still doesnt so it, open up a ticket with JJP support.

#4917 6 years ago

The State Fair is making me nuts! I'm not sure if there is an issue with my machine or everyone has the same experience, but the State Fair bumpers fire like crazy during the game.

I've tried dialing the milliseconds down to 3 or 4 and they still pop constantly during the game when the ball is at the top of the playfield or elsewhere, not near the State Fair. I might not mind the noise and banging if there was a purpose, but it seems that solenoids are popping when I use flippers or there's another motion on the playfield that's causing the solenoids to uselessly fire.

I have a WOZ RR 2017 build. Any suggestions or thoughts? Thanks.

#4918 6 years ago
Quoted from Frogman:

The State Fair is making me nuts! I'm not sure if there is an issue with my machine or everyone has the same experience, but the State Fair bumpers fire like crazy during the game.
I've tried dialing the milliseconds down to 3 or 4 and they still pop constantly during the game when the ball is at the top of the playfield or elsewhere, not near the State Fair. I might not mind the noise and banging if there was a purpose, but it seems that solenoids are popping when I use flippers or there's another motion on the playfield that's causing the solenoids to uselessly fire.
I have a WOZ RR 2017 build. Any suggestions or thoughts? Thanks.

Probably the leaf switch underneath the pop bumper needs to be bent slight so that vibration doesn’t complete the circuit.

#4919 6 years ago
Quoted from EricHadley:

Probably the leaf switch underneath the pop bumper needs to be bent slight so that vibration doesn’t complete the circuit.

You're probably right and I should have thought about that. This is my first NIB machine and for some reason I didn't think of it in the same context as the older ones in my collection since there are so many settings and a lot of newer technology....but many mechanisms are the same. Thanks for responding.

#4920 6 years ago
Quoted from Frogman:

You're probably right and I should have thought about that. This is my first NIB machine and for some reason I didn't think of it in the same context as the older ones in my collection since there are so many settings and a lot of newer technology....but many mechanisms are the same. Thanks for responding.

WackyBrakke has it, you just need to see which switch is too sensitive and adjust it (just bend it slightly to that the contacts are a little further apart).

#4921 6 years ago
Quoted from Frogman:

WOZ is so heavy that I think a lot of things need adjustment after delivery. I had a few leaf switch and loose switch issues myself.

#4922 6 years ago
Quoted from woody76:

Well I’m on my 2nd WOZ so I’m hoping for some clarity with what your talking about. You sound like 2.0 games have “the upper playfield chipping” - are you referring to ball strikes hitting the side of the munchkin pf without a cliffy? If so any WOZ without a cliffy there gets banged up not just 2.0. Your just not clear with your assertion since when asked by delt if your talking about the outhole being the issue, you say yes to the left of the triangle insert.... makes no sense.... which is it?

814392E6-51BC-413E-8665-BAA0953E9768 (resized).jpeg814392E6-51BC-413E-8665-BAA0953E9768 (resized).jpeg
13F3D5DC-981E-4AAE-AE9A-10C0C4DD7B32 (resized).jpeg13F3D5DC-981E-4AAE-AE9A-10C0C4DD7B32 (resized).jpeg
07E56E60-1213-4FF3-A550-637A7FAC349C (resized).jpeg07E56E60-1213-4FF3-A550-637A7FAC349C (resized).jpeg

#4923 6 years ago
Quoted from mountaingamer:

Well I’m on my 2nd WOZ so I’m hoping for some clarity with what your talking about. You sound like 2.0 games have “the upper playfield chipping” - are you referring to ball strikes hitting the side of the munchkin pf without a cliffy? If so any WOZ without a cliffy there gets banged up not just 2.0. Your just not clear with your assertion since when asked by delt if your talking about the outhole being the issue, you say yes to the left of the triangle insert.... makes no sense.... which is it?

The area in your last picture to the left of the triangle insert. You have a cliffy on yours so no issue. I have looked at 2013 run games with no cliffy and thousands of plays with no issue. All the 2.0 games I have looked at have the chipping with very little play.

#4924 6 years ago
Quoted from woody76:

The area in your last picture to the left of the triangle insert. You have a cliffy on yours so no issue. I have looked at 2013 run games with no cliffy and thousands of plays with no issue. All the 2.0 games I have looked at have the chipping with very little play.

I have an ECLE NIB and had a chip there within a week (didn’t order the cliffy until the game arrived). That was almost two years ago now, long before 2.0 lights.

Also 2.0 refers to the lighting system not any playfield changes. Granted there are some new board mounting locations and wire routing.... but thats not going to change anything on the play surface.

Once upon a time the playfield manufacturer was changed because the original one had too many issues so JJP switched to Mirco. Now that was around 2013 (I think), but those playfields had a lot of other issues... but maybe the ones that didn’t have issues away ended up holding up better in that area than the Mirco’s... who knows.... but that might be a possibility to explain what you saw.

There a couple other ways I can see a 2013 with no protection and lots of play not having any chipping there:
- The mini playfield was replaced (its a relatively inexpensive part).
- Flipper power was turned waaaay down (I’ve actually played WOZ’s at shows where the owner had the flippers set so low you could barely get the ball up the playfield... it was sad).

Really it boils down to:
- the area is susceptible to chipping... its not bad enough that I think JJP would ever add the cliffy themselves but for those of us who like to baby our games it’s important so we install it.
- the cliffy looks great anyway.
- if you get a game with chips... the cliffy will cover them... if thats not good enough, a new mini playfield can be had reasonably.... bonus: you can install the cliffy easily while assembling.

#4925 6 years ago

I have an relatively early eclewoz made just after 7.5v light boards were being installed.
I have had a couple of failures that were resolved easily and quickly by JJP and Lloyd. Nothing serious.
Right now Im just tweaking the ball lock arm to get it right again after 4 years of continuous play.

The game has been pretty solid over all.

The edge of the munchkin playfield started chipping at around 400 plays.
I put a cliffy edge strip on it (took about 1 hour total) and colored the chipped area with a sharpie.
To tell the truth I cant even see where the chips were at this point as the sharpie touch up made the chip fade into the black edging already in the artwork.

That metal edge takes a beating! There are dents all over it in the area above the glinda target.

So, no worries, an easy fix and it looks great.

I dont have any chipping at the outhole of the munchkin playfield at all, or any noticable wear.

I do have ball tracking that I have to clean off with novus 2 once in awhile but P21S sliver wax has protected the finish very well.

#4926 6 years ago
Quoted from pinballinreno:

Right now Im just tweaking the ball lock arm to get it right again after 4 years of continuous play.

Something that might help. That whole assembly is mounted to a piece you can bend forward or back. Get it working right, then bend forward or back to set the front of the arm to the right height for the balls.

#4927 6 years ago
Quoted from woody76:

Coincidence, you can potentially see that wear on any WOZ without that cliffy (2.0 or not)

#4928 6 years ago
Quoted from arcadenerd925:

Coincidence, you can potentially see that wear on any WOZ without that cliffy (2.0 or not)

I know....I really gotta get that protector and put it on our RRWOZ....ugh.

#4929 6 years ago
Quoted from Chitownpinball:

I know....I really gotta get that protector and put it on our RRWOZ....ugh.

Meh, I dont have it on mine. Yes there is some wear there. I have an alternative idea on how to protect the spot that I am going to try (and will share once complete).

#4930 6 years ago

Meh, I dont have it on mine. Yes there is some wear there. I have an alternative idea on how to protect the spot that I am going to try (and will share once complete).

I've seen people use mylar strips to protect it effectively, doesn't have to be the actual Cliffy.

#4931 6 years ago

Quoted from bobukcat:

I've seen people use mylar strips to protect it effectively, doesn't have to be the actual Cliffy.

Well this is all good news. I have a big ass sheet of mylar sitting around. Id like to see what people are doing. Any pics or links?

#4932 6 years ago

Well this is all good news. I have a big ass sheet of mylar sitting around. Id like to see what people are doing. Any pics or links?

I don't have any pics and I've never seen a post about it, might be one way, way back in this thread from original owners before Cliffy was making the protectors though. The one I have personally seen I didn't even notice the mylar at first, they had it placed very well, just over-lapping the top edge of the mini PF on that side.

#4933 6 years ago

Opinions wanted.

Leave it alone and just play (and replace the whole mini pf at a later date)

Put mylar down in that area and play

Put mylar down and get the cliffy

Other: please specify

IMG_6582 (resized).JPGIMG_6582 (resized).JPG

#4934 6 years ago

Opinions wanted.

Curl up in the fetal position and cry for a few hours, then regroup and come up with a plan.

#4935 6 years ago
Quoted from EricHadley:

Curl up in the fetal position and cry for a few hours, then regroup and come up with a plan.

That was not an option in my survey pal!

I will take you up on your offer though.

#4936 6 years ago

That was not an option in my survey pal!
I will take you up on your offer though.

Yes it was! Other: please specify

#4937 6 years ago
Quoted from EricHadley:

Yes it was! Other: please specify

But you gotta state "Other" and THEN your option.

#4938 6 years ago

I'm surprised someone hasn't come up with an air ball stopper for the ramp, yet.

A ton of ramp shots aren't made because they jump, and most of the hits to Munchkin pf edge are rebounds from air off the ramp.

#4939 6 years ago

Opinions wanted.

My 2 cents: play the hell out of your game and enjoy it. If you think the game is a life-long keeper, order the Cliffy and a new mini PF and keep them in reserve.

#4940 6 years ago
Quoted from 27dnast:

My 2 cents: play the hell out of your game and enjoy it. If you think the game is a life-long keeper, order the Cliffy and a new mini PF and keep them in reserve.

That's exactly what I plan to do.

#4941 6 years ago

But you gotta state "Other" and THEN your option.

I did fetal position crying

#4942 6 years ago

Opinions wanted.

Play and enjoy it.

Then at some point:

A: Order a bare upper PF from JJP (I assume cheaper than the whole assembly they sell on the site) and stow it away for a later date.

B: touch up the yellow and the black line, maybe put a little clear over it, cliffy it up and leave it be.

#4943 6 years ago

B: touch up the yellow and the black line, maybe put a little clear over it, cliffy it up and leave it be.

This gets my vote because:
A. Touched up and with cliffy in place it wouldn’t be noticeable.
B. I can sometimes be a cheapskate.

#4944 6 years ago

I’m hoping for some clarity with what your talking about.

Your just not clear with your assertion since when asked by delt if your talking about the outhole being the issue, you say yes to the left of the triangle insert.... makes no sense.... which is it?

Thank you mountaingamer I'm a new Woz owner NIB and was confused about the mini playfield chipping.I see clearly now Cliffy on the way.

#4945 6 years ago
Quoted from chalkup8:

Thank you mountaingamer I'm a new Woz owner NIB and was confused about the mini playfield chipping.I see clearly now Cliffy on the way.

Congrats BTW! We still love our WOZ as much as the day we got it. It really is a masterpiece.

#4946 6 years ago
Quoted from EricHadley:

This was the problem - the leaf was stuck to the rest of the switch. Problem resolved. As someone else said, there are a number of adjustments and minor issues to resolve even with a NIB. Lesson learned!

#4947 6 years ago

Opinions wanted.

I'd put some mylar over it and play it.

#4948 6 years ago
Quoted from rubberducks:

I'm surprised someone hasn't come up with an air ball stopper for the ramp, yet.
A ton of ramp shots aren't made because they jump, and most of the hits to Munchkin pf edge are rebounds from air off the ramp.

I think the shots that end up hitting the Munchkin PF are ones that hit between the R rainbow target and the ramp, the metal ramp protector causes them to shoot up and hit the PF. Not sure if a new ramp protector that extends out closer to the R target is feasible or if it would really help.

#4949 6 years ago

Closer to 1m every day....

IMG_6585 (resized).JPGIMG_6585 (resized).JPG

#4950 6 years ago

A full set of Cliffys really does help. I have had my RR 2 years, added a set when I got it, absolutely no wear on the play field. The upper play field is a pain to install a Cliffys, but, well worth it.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 29.99
Hardware
Classic Game Rooms

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Stephenson, VA
$ 395.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 91.00
$ 199.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 345.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 29.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 8.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 130.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

9,300 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Santa Maria, CA
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 85.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 16.95
There are 15,283 posts in this topic. You are on page 99 of 306.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/woz-fan-club-members-only/page/99 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.