BBC45EB9-37B4-430E-B770-C8403A8E8F1F (resized).jpeg
E83552FC-D020-4B19-AB41-9BAECAE0F624 (resized).jpeg
WOZ Service.pdf (PDF preview)
Photo Feb 18 2024, 9 45 03 AM (resized).jpg
IMG_3923 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3924 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5353 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

12 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 15,233 posts in this topic. You are on page 98 of 305.
#4851 6 years ago
Quoted from merccat:

1/4” nut driver. Sockets tend to be too fat to fit in that area.
The trees are basically made from something kinda like dog squeaky toy material so it’s flexible but can tear so be careful.
Worst case I think they are reasonably priced if you need new ones.

I have one more set that have the led eyes that flicker with leaves and a glowing led emerald city package for sale check my back bread for pics if interested

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-wizard-of-oz-a-woz-journey-along-the-yellow-brick-road

#4852 6 years ago

Ok, so I replaced my broken drop target with the original one and now whenever the target is down the damn game call outs for “shoot the castle” over and over. What switch is causing this?

#4853 6 years ago

I added a sound filter, per JJP, to filter a lot of static. I've done 3 updates to the machine. Now, when I plug in head phones, I can barely hear any audio. Even if I max out the volume. Anyone think it's the filter that may be causing this?
Also, did the machine audio use to mute when you plug in the head phones? I can't remember.

#4854 6 years ago
Quoted from GrimDog:

Ok, so I replaced my broken drop target with the original one and now whenever the target is down the damn game call outs for “shoot the castle” over and over. What switch is causing this?

Check the switch on the drop target. From what you describe, I would guess that it is triggering on vibrations and needs to be adjusted.

--Ted

#4855 6 years ago
Quoted from billycrna:

I added a sound filter, per JJP, to filter a lot of static. I've done 3 updates to the machine. Now, when I plug in head phones, I can barely hear any audio. Even if I max out the volume. Anyone think it's the filter that may be causing this?
Also, did the machine audio use to mute when you plug in the head phones? I can't remember.

The "mute" button on the front of the coin door will turn off the main speakers. (There is a slide switch inside the coin door on the headphone control board that can disable this function.)

Check on the coin door muting first. Otherwise, double-check all the audio connections inside the game. A loose plug will also give results as you describe.
--Ted

#4856 6 years ago
Quoted from check_switch_26:

The "mute" button on the front of the coin door will turn off the main speakers. (There is a slide switch inside the coin door on the headphone control board that can disable this function.)
Check on the coin door muting first. Otherwise, double-check all the audio connections inside the game. A loose plug will also give results as you describe.
--Ted

Thanks buddy! Sometimes I forget that to tinker with this machine is OK. It's such a thing of beauty, that I sometimes forget to just explore it.

#4857 6 years ago

Oh no, I just realized that in the new code, the SPECIAL animation is gone. I have SPECIAL set to extra ball, and when I hit it, I got the regular extra ball animation but not the much cooler SPECIAL animation that I used to get. I loved that SPECIAL animation. . . .

(Perhaps I need to turn off extra ball to get it. If so, it would be worth it.)

#4858 6 years ago
Quoted from Nokoro:

Oh no, I just realized that in the new code, the SPECIAL animation is gone. I have SPECIAL set to extra ball, and when I hit it, I got the regular extra ball animation but not the much cooler SPECIAL animation that I used to get. I loved that SPECIAL animation. . . .
(Perhaps I need to turn off extra ball to get it. If so, it would be worth it.)

Yes, set SPECIAL to POINTS to see the SPECIAL animation. That change was made in 6.50 back in June. The game now shows FREE GAME or EXTRA BALL, as appropriate, for those settings.

--Ted

#4859 6 years ago

Merry Christmas to all! Have a question regarding my playfield glass. The top of the glass is chipped. Can't see it with the glass installed, but what concerns me is I think the playfield glasses are tempered, and if so wouldn't the chip make the glass no longer safe if a ball impacted it or something?

#4860 6 years ago

Check the switch on the drop target. From what you describe, I would guess that it is triggering on vibrations and needs to be adjusted.
--Ted

That was it. Thanks!

#4861 6 years ago

Yes, set SPECIAL to POINTS to see the SPECIAL animation. That change was made in 6.50 back in June. The game now shows FREE GAME or EXTRA BALL, as appropriate, for those settings.
--Ted

Got it. Thanks!

#4862 6 years ago
Quoted from apinballwiz:

Merry Christmas to all! Have a question regarding my playfield glass. The top of the glass is chipped. Can't see it with the glass installed, but what concerns me is I think the playfield glasses are tempered, and if so wouldn't the chip make the glass no longer safe if a ball impacted it or something?

Yes, be very careful taking the glass in and out.

#4863 6 years ago

Almost to 1m before new years. When I get things stacked nice, I always think my score will be huge. When I miss my shits though, doesnt matter that i have stacks going. This is my best so far.

Question: What is the best stack you can make for the most points? Right now I get a lot of ECMB/MELT WITCH combined with a 2x crystal ball multiplier. Sprinkle in a munchkin mode as well, and some times escape. Still...not getting the TRIPLE jackpot enough to make it all count.

I think my highest after ball bonus was around 170k. Not bad.

IMG_6461 (resized).JPGIMG_6461 (resized).JPG

#4864 6 years ago
Quoted from Chitownpinball:

Almost to 1m before new years. When I get things stacked nice, I always think my score will be huge. When I miss my shits though, doesnt matter that i have stacks going. This is my best so far.
Question: What is the best stack you can make for the most points? Right now I get a lot of ECMB/MELT WITCH combined with a 2x crystal ball multiplier. Sprinkle in a munchkin mode as well, and some times escape. Still...not getting the TRIPLE jackpot enough to make it all count.

Try getting a munchkin and haunted forest mode going then stack emerald city, rescue, and crystal ball multiballs. Later in the game you can stack haunted forest multiball.

#4865 6 years ago
Quoted from Chitownpinball:

Always a good thing to take care of things in the toilet department before stacking.

#4866 6 years ago

I am soooo bummed and mad. I bought a under cabinet Light package for WOZ, installed it per the instructions, only one way to install all of the connections. On boot up none of the playfield lights worked. I disconnected the mod and all of the playfield lights are still out. The spots are the only lights on and the crystal ball. I'm pretty sure I blew a fuse. Can someone please tell me what main fuse to find and test to see if that is the problem? I have a party tomorrow (Friday) and really want to get this thing working again.

#4867 6 years ago

If your game has a universal power supply board, I'd start there.

Or take a meter and check any LED board to see if you have power at the purple and black wires.

If you have a switching power supply on the middle bottom of the back wall of the cabinet, put a meter on it and see what it's doing.

LTG : )

#4868 6 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

If your game has a universal power supply board, I'd start there.
Or take a meter and check any LED board to see if you have power at the purple and black wires.
If you have a switching power supply on the middle bottom of the back wall of the cabinet, put a meter on it and see what it's doing.

Throne room lights up too. W1 connector I get .05V and the W2 connector I get nothing. I have a WOZECLE Manufacture date 9/27/13. Don't know what to put a meter on for the switching power supply.

#4869 6 years ago

Battery was dying in my meter. Change that battery and checked a battery to make sure it was reading correct - rechecked and W1 connector was .04 volts, W2 was .02 volts

#4870 6 years ago

Checked a big connector coming out of the power supply in the back with purple and black wires connected to nothing = 7.56 volts

#4871 6 years ago

I blew a fuse months ago doing the same thing. It’s more than likely one of the fuses in the metal box on the left side. I’m not at home so I can’t tell you exactly, but hopefully that’s your problem. Pretty cheap and easy fix.

#4872 6 years ago

I found it. That big connector that I checked was disconnected from the main umbilical cord to the playfield. I must have tugged on it while moving wires around and it became disconnected. Problem solved. The troubleshooting steered me there - thanks! FEW!

#4873 6 years ago

hey guys n gals,

I am on day 6 of owning my WOZ ECLE and just got off the phone with JJP support. LED board #15 is dead and a new one is on the way. These are the 5V boards with the buffer modifications done by an authorized JJP technician. I was hoping I would be spared from these issues..... at least for a week or so.

When talking with the tech support at JJP he mentioned that the IC on the drivers is very susceptible to static. I live in Massachusetts and the humidity right now is very low.

Has anyone considered putting a cigar or guitar humidifies in their cabinet to keep the static at bay and help with this problem?

Thoughts?

#4874 6 years ago
Quoted from dstruked:

hey guys n gals,
I am on day 6 of owning my WOZ ECLE and just got off the phone with JJP support. LED board #15 is dead and a new one is on the way. These are the 5V boards with the buffer modifications done by an authorized JJP technician. I was hoping I would be spared from these issues..... at least for a week or so.
When talking with the tech support at JJP he mentioned that the IC on the drivers is very susceptible to static. I live in Massachusetts and the humidity right now is very low.
Has anyone considered putting a cigar or guitar humidifies in their cabinet to keep the static at bay and help with this problem?
Thoughts?

Most will suggest using wizards mist and shine to clean the PF (which has some anti-stat properties) seems odd you'd still be blowing boards if they were buffered. I would also check the quality of power that your getting at the outlet that WOZ is plugged in to. I've heard of others using a power conditioner as well, though I have no clue if that would help.

#4875 6 years ago
Quoted from arcadenerd925:

Most will suggest using wizards mist and shine to clean the PF (which has some anti-stat properties) seems odd you'd still be blowing boards if they were buffered. I would also check the quality of power that your getting at the outlet that WOZ is plugged in to. I've heard of others using a power conditioner as well, though I have no clue if that would help.

I need the best JJP pinball tech in the bay area CA,thanks for any Help

#4876 6 years ago
Quoted from whitey:

Have you reached out to Frank at JJP? He might have a person in the area that is not on Pinside. Otherwise, Endless pinball is an Authorized JJP Distributor, but he is down in LA. Still, he (Pat) might know someone in your area too.

#4877 6 years ago

Getting ready for my party tomorrow night. These games never cease to amaze me.

IMG_0848 (resized).JPGIMG_0848 (resized).JPG

IMG_0849 (resized).JPGIMG_0849 (resized).JPG

#4878 6 years ago
Quoted from lschmidlin:

Getting ready for my party tomorrow night. These games never cease to amaze me.

Did you customize that or did it happen automatically?

#4879 6 years ago
Quoted from paynemic:

Did you customize that or did it happen automatically?

It automatically happened after he put a custom message in.

#4880 6 years ago

How rare is a direct print cabinet on a standard WOZ? I ordered it that way and was told not many made ?

#4881 6 years ago
Quoted from whitey:

How rare is a direct print cabinet on a standard WOZ? I ordered it that way and was told not many made ?

I thought about 400.

#4882 6 years ago
Quoted from whitey:

Probably 4 or 5 hundred.

#4883 6 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

It automatically happened after he put a custom message in.

How do you store the custom message ? I entered the message I wanted and then hit the start button and nothing happen

#4884 6 years ago

Hitting the start button should have saved it. But you are right, nothing grandiose happens and it doesn't really look like you did save it. But exit out of the menu now and search attract mode and it should be there.

You can also download one personal picture which I think is fun. Here is my dog on Hobbit.

Sorry for those of you on both the WOZ and TH owners threads. Don't mean to duplicate messages – just having fun with my machines today.

IMG_0853 (resized).JPGIMG_0853 (resized).JPG

#4885 6 years ago

Just got a WoZ standard today. Enjoying it so far. I do have one issue though, the right coin eject light keeps melting LED's. I have put a couple in and they worked for a few minutes then noticed they were out. Opened the coin door and they are burnt up and slightly melted.

#4886 6 years ago
Quoted from Gov:

Just got a WoZ standard today. Enjoying it so far. I do have one issue though, the right coin eject light keeps melting LED's. I have put a couple in and they worked for a few minutes then noticed they were out. Opened the coin door and they are burnt up and slightly melted.

That is 12 volts....You need a 12 volt LED

#4887 6 years ago

that would make sense then. Good to know...

#4888 6 years ago
Quoted from whitey:

What kinda problems are you having?

#4889 6 years ago
Quoted from merccat:

1/4” nut driver. Sockets tend to be too fat to fit in that area.
The trees are basically made from something kinda like dog squeaky toy material so it’s flexible but can tear so be careful.
Worst case I think they are reasonably priced if you need new ones.

So i tried 1/4" but they seem to big. These screws are very small. Any other suggestions to remove the trees so I can adjust the glowing eyes?

#4890 6 years ago

Just Installed spinny vinnys Woz cauldron and walls,just fantastic and well worth the wait it also has LEDs in the back wall and the cauldron is under lit also very nice,so talented.i have my mod father walls for sale in the market place

image (resized).jpegimage (resized).jpeg

#4891 6 years ago

A newbie question that I can't seem to find in the forums. There's a number that displays on the LCD screen, right after the end of the game when "Match" and the tornado displays. What is it?

#4892 6 years ago

Picking up a 2.0 ruby red in the morning. Been wanting a WOZ for years, so really looking forward to it. I hope it's a long term addition like dialed in.

#4893 6 years ago

The ruby slippers almost made it to 2018.

IMG_4521 (resized).JPGIMG_4521 (resized).JPG

#4894 6 years ago
Quoted from Fika:

A newbie question that I can't seem to find in the forums. There's a number that displays on the LCD screen, right after the end of the game when "Match" and the tornado displays. What is it?

Welcome to the hobby. If the numbers match (I believe with the last digit of your score) you get a free game. Fun to have happen on location, but a snoozer at home on free play. Happy new years.

#4895 6 years ago
Quoted from woody76:

Picking up a 2.0 ruby red in the morning. Been wanting a WOZ for years, so really looking forward to it. I hope it's a long term addition like dialed in.

I've had WOZ RR for 4 months. After getting to know the game I think it's fantastic! I'm still on the fence with Dialed In.

The ball times on DI look too long to me and I'm not a good player. That kickback needs to be disabled or activated sparingly.

I can never see Woz leaving.I'd like to think the same if I got a DI here at home too.

The quality and finish on JJP games is outstanding.

#4896 6 years ago
Quoted from arcadenerd925:

Welcome to the hobby. If the numbers match (I believe with the last digit of your score) you get a free game. Fun to have happen on location, but a snoozer at home on free play. Happy new years.

How can you say the match is a snoozer at home? Every time it happens, I have a mini heart attack thinking something hit and cracked my screen.

#4897 6 years ago
Quoted from Nokoro:

How can you say the match is a snoozer at home? Every time it happens, I have a mini heart attack thinking something hit and cracked my screen.

Probably more a me thing, I have them disabled here, was freaking my wife out when they would knock.

Although, funny story. When I got my first pin (TSPP) and it happened the first time (it had been a loooooooong time since I had played) it freaked everyone out and we thought the game was broken. lol.

#4898 6 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

So i tried 1/4" but they seem to big. These screws are very small. Any other suggestions to remove the trees so I can adjust the glowing eyes?

Maybe a metric equivalent? I took one off tonight to double check. 1/4” works for mine. Note in the photos that the top of the nut is rounded so you will have to push down into the rubber a bit.

It’s also possible the prior owner replaced the nuts with something different on yours when doing the lighted mod.

41076E98-2618-4E5C-A6C6-674D6277095C (resized).jpeg41076E98-2618-4E5C-A6C6-674D6277095C (resized).jpeg
5B0B7BBF-97BE-4D64-B0C8-4840732759BB (resized).jpeg5B0B7BBF-97BE-4D64-B0C8-4840732759BB (resized).jpeg

#4899 6 years ago
Quoted from Jakers:

The ruby slippers almost made it to 2018.

Well, that stinks.

Have you ever thought about putting on yellow Titan flipper rings instead of the red ones you have on now, it will make the outline of the ruby slippers much more noticeable and looks great.

#4900 6 years ago

The screws on the pop cap of the left most pop bumper keep coming loose on mine. I have taken the tree off and tightened them back down 3 times in 2 days. I hate to put locktite on there. Any suggestions?

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Lighting - Interactive
Pinball Mod Co.
Interactive
$ 100.00
Boards
Led Pinball
Boards
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball
Decorations
$ 130.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
Shooter rods
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods
Toppers
$ 29.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing
Other
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 55.00
Lighting - Other
Pinball Mod Co.
Other
Machine - For Sale
Cedar City, UT
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
Lighting - Led
Pinball Mod Co.
Led
$ 199.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games
Toys/Add-ons
$ 24.75
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
Electronics
Lermods
Electronics
$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games
Toys/Add-ons
$ 100.00
Electronics
Led Pinball
Electronics
$ 24.50
$ 395.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.
Toys/Add-ons
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 9,800.00
Pinball Machine
Pixels Arcade Games
Pinball Machine
Machine - For Sale
Little River, SC
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods
Toppers
$ 6.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 15,233 posts in this topic. You are on page 98 of 305.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/woz-fan-club-members-only/page/98 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.