BBC45EB9-37B4-430E-B770-C8403A8E8F1F (resized).jpeg
E83552FC-D020-4B19-AB41-9BAECAE0F624 (resized).jpeg
WOZ Service.pdf (PDF preview)
Photo Feb 18 2024, 9 45 03 AM (resized).jpg
IMG_3923 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3924 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5353 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

12 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 15,233 posts in this topic. You are on page 97 of 305.
#4801 6 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

There are times the game simply doesn't like one stick.
LTG : )

Yep, this was the case! Tried a new stick and it worked on the first try.

Thanks! Now what are these sparkles everyone is talking about?

#4802 6 years ago

Light display when you hit the skill shot.

#4803 6 years ago

Sepia tone in earlier code was real, just saying.

#4804 6 years ago

Think I need to lube my rod?

IMG_6268 (resized).JPGIMG_6268 (resized).JPG

#4805 6 years ago
Quoted from Chitownpinball:

Think I need to lube my rod?

If it makes noise, doesn't move good. Yes. The flat bar the thing rides on too.

#4806 6 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

If it makes noise, doesn't move good. Yes. The flat bar the thing rides on too.

None of that. Games about 4? Years old...just wondering what I should keep an eye out for over time other than clean/wax.

#4807 6 years ago

None of that. Games about 4? Years old...just wondering what I should keep an eye out for over time other than clean/wax.

If it starts to "grind" on the way down/up, screeches after picking the ball up, doesn't make it all the way up to the castle, it's time for some lube. Mine was doing all of that, I put some white lithium grease on the threaded bar (after some great advice from a fellow Pinsider) and it works like a charm now. Smooth as butter.

#4808 6 years ago

LTG Just updated to 6.6 and the screen is no longer being filled. Bottom and left edge are black.

E003E8F0-F30A-4E4D-8619-E0970860B69E (resized).jpegE003E8F0-F30A-4E4D-8619-E0970860B69E (resized).jpeg

#4809 6 years ago
Quoted from TaylorVA:

ust updated to 6.6 and the screen is no longer being filled. Bottom and left edge are black.

Please open a ticket on it. Maybe bad download, maybe something else ? First one I've heard of.

They can look up what is in your game as far as build and figure the what next.

#4810 6 years ago
Quoted from Pinballomatic:

== Version 6.60 December 12, 2017 ==
* Allow main screen scale/offset adjustment on all monitor types
=== OS

TaylorVA Could it be an settings adjustment in the new code?

#4811 6 years ago
Quoted from TaylorVA:

ltg Just updated to 6.6 and the screen is no longer being filled. Bottom and left edge are black.

Mine did that after updating to 6.6. I went into the settings and stretched it out to fill the whole screen.

#4812 6 years ago
Quoted from TaylorVA:

Just updated to 6.6 and the screen is no longer being filled. Bottom and left edge are black.

Ted posted on the JJP Forum what to do. ( you may have already seen it )

#4813 6 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Ted posted on the JJP Forum what to do. ( you may have already seen it )

headed over to look now, thanks

#4815 6 years ago

I updated to 6.6 and the witch instantly stopped registering hits.

?

Is this a code thing, or do I need to lift the hood and re-adjust the switches?

#4816 6 years ago
Quoted from 27dnast:

I updated to 6.6 and the witch instantly stopped registering hits.
?
Is this a code thing, or do I need to lift the hood and re-adjust the switches?

my witch has been working fine since 6.6

#4817 6 years ago

My brother (who aint a Pinsider) just ordered his first pinball machine, a WOZ 75th anniversary edition, which will be here in about a week.
Since he is totally new to the hobby I will try and help him out, even though im kinda new myself..

Anything in particular we should think about?
Any "must have" mods? Cliffys etc.
Known issues?

Gimme your opinions

#4818 6 years ago
Quoted from Wiggy:

My brother (who aint a Pinsider) just ordered his first pinball machine, a WOZ 75th anniversary edition, which will be here in about a week.
Since he is totally new to the hobby I will try and help him out, even though im kinda new myself..
Anything in particular we should think about?
Any "must have" mods? Cliffys etc.
Known issues?
Gimme your opinions

The cliffy munchkinland protector is the only must...enjoy the game!

#4819 6 years ago

If your screen is not filled there monitor position/stretch settings at the bottom of one of the menus, i think its the system one.

#4820 6 years ago
Quoted from Pimp77:

The cliffy munchkinland protector is the only must...enjoy the game!

New WOZ 75th anniversary edition owner here for the past couple of months and loving it!

I keep seeing recommendations to get the munchkinland protector but playing the game I just don't see it. I was planning to get the scoops and kickouts protectors and skip the rollovers/magnets and the munchkinland one. Can you help me understand what the munchkinland protector protects? My balls don't seem to be hitting the edge of the upper playfield if that's the purpose of it.

Thanks

PS: I have another issue with the left flipper that I'll be posting for help if I don't first see a solution to it in the forums (weak flipper that simply collapses when the ball hits the edge - kind of like the weak flipper mode but happening when I'm not even in that mode).

#4821 6 years ago
Quoted from PAPinballer:

PS: I have another issue with the left flipper that I'll be posting for help if I don't first see a solution to it in the forums (weak flipper that simply collapses when the ball hits the edge - kind of like the weak flipper mode but happening when I'm not even in that mode).

Clean the flipper button leaf blade and EOS leaf blade switches.

#4822 6 years ago

Guys with the red smoke witch mod, does it still use the metal half moon shaped plate from the bottom of the witch "tube"? I get a lot of high shots from the upper right flipper that seem to ricochet off that metal plate at the bottom of her tube and dont register. This happens like 50% if not more of the time, ESPECIALLY off the skill shot. Im thinking maybe I should get the mod to stop this, but if that plate is still involved, probably wont make a difference.

#4823 6 years ago

Guys with the red smoke witch mod, does it still use the metal half moon shaped plate from the bottom of the witch "tube"? I get a lot of high shots from the upper right flipper that seem to ricochet off that metal plate at the bottom of her tube and dont register. This happens like 50% if not more of the time, ESPECIALLY off the skill shot. Im thinking maybe I should get the mod to stop this, but if that plate is still involved, probably wont make a difference.

Yes the plate is still there. It shouldn’t hit it though unless you are getting airballs off your upper right flipper. Try adjusting your rubber up a smidge.

#4824 6 years ago
Quoted from merccat:

Yes the plate is still there. It shouldn’t hit it though unless you are getting airballs off your upper right flipper. Try adjusting your rubber up a smidge.

Copy that. Ill adjust the rubber tonight, thanks.

Had ECMB, FF, and 2x lights on scoring last night all stacked. 4 ball multiball, squandered. Im getting there. Really want to break 1M before the new year. Cant get over 200k at the moment...witch rejects costing me for sure.

#4825 6 years ago
Quoted from PAPinballer:

I keep seeing recommendations to get the munchkinland protector but playing the game I just don't see it.

A couple months in now you may be able to see the first signs of the need. Look carefully at the paint/clear along the edge of the munchkin playfield. For me it was most prevelant on the edge around the ramp entrance. Dollars to dougnuts you have chipping there by now or else you’re quite lucky.

#4826 6 years ago

Also that plate has a proper side that should face UP and down - maybe yours is flipper the wrong way ?

#4827 6 years ago
Quoted from merccat:

A couple months in now you may be able to see the first signs of the need. Look carefully at the paint/clear along the edge of the munchkin playfield. For me it was most prevelant on the edge around the ramp entrance. Dollars to dougnuts you have chipping there by now or else you’re quite lucky.

Even if you’re lucky for now, it is just a matter of time. Better be safe than sorry. It is well worth the investment to get the munchkinland cliffy.

#4828 6 years ago
Quoted from merccat:

I keep seeing recommendations to get the munchkinland protector but playing the game I just don't see it.

When the center target starts bending you will start to see some air balls go that way, protect it now before the damage. That target takes a beating.
Jim Z

#4829 6 years ago

And besides... it looks absolutely fantastic, even if it didn’t protect anything I’d still want it on.

#4830 6 years ago

Fixed the drive. Most likely the cable was loose but I did a full install of 6.06, moved to another sata port, and reseated both ends of the cable.

Prob from having the shaker turned all the way up... Ha... Ok heading back to my hole....

#4831 6 years ago

So, my drop target made a few clicking noises today then stopped registering hits. No matter what it does not go down. Any idea on where I need to look?

edit: ignore me...spring is gone....i guess that is where i should start.

#4832 6 years ago

Yup, drop target broke. Found the spring in the cabinet. I didn’t even realize this was a modded drop target....

60FA11C7-9312-4058-A6FC-6CA4351E5237 (resized).jpeg60FA11C7-9312-4058-A6FC-6CA4351E5237 (resized).jpeg

#4833 6 years ago
Quoted from GrimDog:

Yup, drop target broke. Found the spring in the cabinet. I didn’t even realize this was a modded drop target....

Yeah, that is the mezel mods lit drop target mod. I have the same one (as do many others). Since it is 3D printed, it is not known to be particularly strong/sturdy.

#4834 6 years ago
Quoted from merccat:

Looking closer I *think* I see a slight chip on the edge right next to the ramp. I'd have to pull off the glass to verify but it does look like it is chipping there I wasn't looking forward to taking the upper pf off.

Thanks for pointing this out! I wouldn't have known until it got progressively bad, or even worse in the other portions of the upper pf as others are saying.

#4835 6 years ago

What is best flash drive to use for JJP games. I need to update WOZ and DI but none of the drives I have seem to work. Thanks.

#4836 6 years ago
Quoted from Grateful_Pin:

What is best flash drive to use for JJP games. I need to update WOZ and DI but none of the drives I have seem to work. Thanks.

Samsung Cruzer. Never had an issue with one of those on JJP or Stern games.

#4837 6 years ago
Quoted from PAPinballer:

Looking closer I *think* I see a slight chip on the edge right next to the ramp. I'd have to pull off the glass to verify but it does look like it is chipping there I wasn't looking forward to taking the upper pf off.
Thanks for pointing this out! I wouldn't have known until it got progressively bad, or even worse in the other portions of the upper pf as others are saying.

Don’t sweat it... after taking that playfield off 3 times now for various reasons including cleaning its only a 5 minute process for me... first time go slow and plan on at lease 20 minutes.

I had a small chip and just filled it with a small dab of superglue at the time I installed my cliffy so it wouldn’t spread... not sure if thats the best method but a year later and still looks the same.

Fortunately, caught early any chips will never be noticeable from a normal players perspective.

#4838 6 years ago
Quoted from Grateful_Pin:

What is best flash drive to use for JJP games.

No idea if it's the best. I've always used PNY ones, 8GB. No problems yet.

#4839 6 years ago

I did a full set of Cliffys on my RR. When you do the upper play field, one thing to watch for, is when you reinstall it, make sure it clears the lollipops. I had to do it again when I saw a couple of their lights on. I got #34, when it was released, installed Cliffys, first week, absolutely no wear.

#4840 6 years ago

Just downloading 6.61 now. What is in the Director's Cut preset?

#4841 6 years ago
Quoted from dnaman:

No idea, and only other mention of it was in the 4.00 update patch notes. 46th software release for WOZ.

#4842 6 years ago
Quoted from dnaman:

It's nothing new. As noted, it was in 4.00. It turns up the shaker and volume effects.

(Also, the change log for 6.61 is in error. You'll find the preset under Full Menu->Presets->Game Presets)

--Ted

#4843 6 years ago

Just updated to 6.61. Glad to see the score display for Toto fixed. That and the reintroduction of the twinkly lights has me happy to save him when I can. Thanks check_switch_26 for the quick fix.

#4844 6 years ago

Been putting off pulling my munchkinland playfield to put the cliffy on but now I may have to, here's the issue.

When the witches feet pop out (during a game or in test), they don't stay "down". The fly out, hit bottom and then the door (with the feet) nearly shuts. I'm assuming it should stay down. Any idea why it wouldn't stay down?

Thanks in advance. This is the first post since we bought our WOZ ECLE 3 weeks ago.

#4845 6 years ago
Quoted from chuckcasey:

Any idea why it wouldn't stay down?

The springs on the shaft the feet/door are on ?

#4846 6 years ago

guys - what's the easiest way to take the trees off or at least allow me to get in there to potential solder the lighted eyes to work again b/c two of three don't anymore. It was a mod already installed.

#4847 6 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

guys - what's the easiest way to take the trees off or at least allow me to get in there to potential solder the lighted eyes to work again b/c two of three don't anymore. It was a mod already installed.

1/4” nut driver. Sockets tend to be too fat to fit in that area.

The trees are basically made from something kinda like dog squeaky toy material so it’s flexible but can tear so be careful.

Worst case I think they are reasonably priced if you need new ones.

#4848 6 years ago
Quoted from merccat:

1/4” nut driver. Sockets tend to be too fat to fit in that area.
The trees are basically made from something kinda like dog squeaky toy material so it’s flexible but can tear so be careful.
Worst case I think they are reasonably priced if you need new ones.

Thanks!

#4849 6 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

The springs on the shaft the feet/door are on ?

When I had the Muchkinland playfield off I checked - full operation. Spring on the house door opens and closes and the rest operates perfectly.

So, tested it again (started Munchkinland - house spins) during game play and same thing, half way open. I manually turned the house about 1/4" CCW, manually pushed coil plunger and WAMMO!.

I need to adjust where the house stops. That's the problem. Anyone know how to adjust where the house stops spinning?

PS. Got my Munchkinland Cliffy on and it looks great. Shaved down the screw head on the cliffy screw new the flipper/magnet, as advised. The Cliffy hides the wood grain of the mini playfield which I thought was cool but the SS matches the rest of the railing perfectly and looks one notch better. Took 40 minutes total. 15 to remove, 5 to screw on, 5 to shave screw head, 15 to install.

#4850 6 years ago
Quoted from chuckcasey:

When I had the Muchkinland playfield off I checked - full operation. Spring on the house door opens and closes and the rest operates perfectly.
So, tested it again (started Munchkinland - house spins) during game play and same thing, half way open. I manually turned the house about 1/4" CCW, manually pushed coil plunger and WAMMO!.
I need to adjust where the house stops. That's the problem. Anyone know how to adjust where the house stops spinning?

Tests - device tests - spinning house test. Two numbers on the screen. Bottom adjustment is for coil strength for the feet. Leave that one alone. The top one is where you adjust the timing. Change it up and number or two, test by hitting start button to spin house and see, adjust again, etc. It can go into negative numbers if you need to and you may need it to do so. Warning: two things to know - first, always err on the side of the feet not quite coming down enough rather than too much, because if the feet come out all the way, the spring won't be able to pull them back in and on the next house spin, the feet will still be out and it will get stuck. Second thing, the house always travels slightly - very slightly - farther in game play than it does in test mode, so when you are finding your setting, cheat in test and have it just slightly not quite far enough compared to where you want it to land, then try it in a game and it will be spot on.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Flipper Parts
FlipMods
Flipper parts
$ 5.00
$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games
Toys/Add-ons
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
11,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Lancaster, OH
$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.
Toys/Add-ons
Machine - For Sale
Warner Robins, GA
$ 91.00
$ 43.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC
Decorations
$ 115.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.
Toys/Add-ons
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods
Toppers
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 29.99
Hardware
Classic Game Rooms
Hardware
$ 22.50
Magazines/books
Pinball Magazine
Magazines/books
$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball
Protection
$ 6.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
Lighting - Led
Pinball Mod Co.
Led
$ 85.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop
Armor and blades
$ 52.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 15,233 posts in this topic. You are on page 97 of 305.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/woz-fan-club-members-only/page/97 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.