20240314_221748 (resized).jpg
20240314_215727 (resized).jpg
841FD4A1-7C8E-4E32-973D-DD8D05C4902E (resized).png
3D72BC84-0D17-44A1-B683-A17D4B722FF3 (resized).jpeg
WOZ lightboard 2 (resized).jpg
WOZ lightboard 1 (resized).jpg
20240309_110050 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

12 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 15,275 posts in this topic. You are on page 96 of 306.
#4751 6 years ago
Quoted from nitrojcrawf:

UGH. I just finally updated to 6.50 yesterday...........

This is another delta update so can go right on top of your 6.5 update.

#4752 6 years ago
Quoted from bobukcat:

You weren't trapping two on the left flipper and backhanding the Crystal Ball shot over and over, where you? I know the penalty for that during ECMB is no hold flippers until the ball drains, probably true during other MB modes as well.

..... yep the first time I did, I honestly don't remember the second time.

why would it continue after the mode ended?

#4753 6 years ago

any news about the 2.0 kit?

#4754 6 years ago

I never did an update, is there a link how to?

#4755 6 years ago
Quoted from nitrojcrawf:

UGH. I just finally updated to 6.50 yesterday...........

6.60 is a delta, simple and fast to do.

LTG : )

#4756 6 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

6.60 is a delta, simple and fast to do.

Do I need to unzip the file? I have a Mac and it doesn't ask if I want to unzip it

#4757 6 years ago
Quoted from rai:

Do I need to unzip the file? I have a Mac and it doesn't ask if I want to unzip it

Even easier, just open the zip file like any other folder and drag and drop the contents into the appropriate location on your tumb drive (as specifed by the update directions).

#4758 6 years ago
Quoted from rai:

I just went through this. On The JJP support page you want to go the the new download. Right click and select download linked file. That will bring in the zipped file. Once down loaded click on the zipped file and the Mac will make a Woz_update folder. Just move that to the flash drive. You will be good to go

#4759 6 years ago

My crystal ball just displays the test message upside down. I've been told that I should pop out the SD card and pop it back in. Would someone do me favor and take a photo of where the card is? I'm missing something that should be really obvious.

Thanks!

#4760 6 years ago

Every time I try to do a Delta update, it corrupts the game's file system and I need to reload the full ISO and then try the Delta update again. Happens every time on my WOZ and Dialed In. Frustrating.

#4761 6 years ago
Quoted from moonduckie78:

Every time I try to do a Delta update, it corrupts the game's file system and I need to reload the full ISO and then try the Delta update again. Happens every time on my WOZ and Dialed In. Frustrating.

You doing something Wrong ? I ask because it happens on two different machines.

#4762 6 years ago

If it hasn't been mentioned already, this is the 44th update and 45th release to WOZ.

Stellar code support.

#4763 6 years ago

This update was quick, and spot on...the sparkles are back!!!!! A fantastic machine......

#4764 6 years ago
Quoted from hocuslocus:

any news about the 2.0 kit?

Still testing but hopefully ready soon.

#4765 6 years ago

Great support from Keith and the JJP team as always, definitely noticed some new clips (Dorothy's "you came back!" when starting TNPLH was one I've never heard before!) and great to have the chase lights when hitting the TOTO shot back as well. This kind of support really makes paying the extra $$ for a JJP machine even easier to justify in the long run.

#4766 6 years ago
Quoted from Pinballomatic:

==============================================================================
== Version 6.60 December 12, 2017 ==
==============================================================================
=== Game Code
* Improved initialization for 2.0 LED system on older motherboards
* Fixed lamp effects on Skill Shot and Toto Escapes
* Tweaked lamp color in TNPLH to be more sepia-ish
* Don't show Today's High Scores page if there are none to show
* Removed adjustment to kick out locked balls at game over (always ON now)
* Toto Escapes: drop target now stays up (just like TNPLH)
+ Added some sounds to a few targets that were silent
+ Added some speech in a few places
* Winkie Drop target knockdown coil hit softer on first kick
=== Core Code
* Fixed audio mixing issue that resulted in distorted sounds
* Fixed ball tracking error caused by losing ball from lockup during ballsaver
+ Added CUSTOMIZATION sub-menu under UTILITIES in Diagnostics
* Fixed a drain/tilt condition that could cause a game to hang
* Suppress knocker when Match is skipped via start button (on free play only)
+ Added check for switches stuck closed/open at power up
+ Added check for any opto switch working at power up; multiball devices will
not kick if no opto switch working
+ Added display message at power up if Test Report error detected
* Trough will abandon kicking after a while
+ Added check for all trough switches closed (including jam); trough will not
kick when this condition detected (likely a failure of the trough board);
game will not start during this condition, and a Trough Error message is
displayed
* Multiball devices will abandon kicking with coin door open now; abandoned
devices will kick when door is closed
+ Added Knocker Strength adjustment
* Turned on Test Report "dot" Paid Play preset
* Turned off Today's High Scores for Paid Play preset
* Fixed "Last Game Scores" displaying after Factory Reset
* Removed erroneous "Coin Door Open at Init" logger event when exiting Diag
* Hide Pindemption presets when not enabled via dongle
+ Added Status Report Start Time adjustment
* Allow main screen scale/offset adjustment on all monitor types
=== OS
* Fix for screen freezing with older motherboards.

Exciting thanks for the good news!!

#4767 6 years ago

So excited to see the code update that fixes the frozen screen just wow wow wow support thank you Keith and team JJ. Can't wait to buy my next JJ

#4768 6 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

You doing something Wrong ? I ask because it happens on two different machines.

Looks like it was the damn USB drive I was using. Everything good now. Thanks!

#4769 6 years ago

Enjoying the update. First game after I stacked Rescue MB, Munchkin mode, Crystal Ball and then ECMB. Such a polished classic pin. Many thanks to everyone @ JJP.

#4770 6 years ago

Only thing a little different I noticed post update (I assume this only stands out to other computer dorks): The GRUB boot menu now shows. Doesn't effect anything, just takes a smidge longer to boot.

#4771 6 years ago

Glad you guys like it... check_switch_26 is responsible for most of this one, especially the sound and old mobo fixes.

#4772 6 years ago

Tried upgrading to 6.60, followed the instructions 100%, but when I checked it still said 6.50.

Should I format my USB stick and try again? Use a different USB? What am I doing wrong?

#4773 6 years ago
Quoted from pinball_keefer:

Glad you guys like it... check_switch_26 is responsible for most of this one, especially the sound and old mobo fixes.

Awesome update! Thanks for it.

Not to be too finicky, but I noticed that the score now displays over the graphics in Save Toto mode so that part of the images including the hourglass are covered. I'm guessing its a constant battle -- fix one thing, disturb something else. But, I thought I would mention it if you have a list going for one final bug removal.

#4774 6 years ago
Quoted from Nokoro:

Awesome update! Thanks for it.
Not to be too finicky, but I noticed that the score now displays over the graphics in Save Toto mode so that part of the images including the hourglass are covered. I'm guessing its a constant battle -- fix one thing, disturb something else. But, I thought I would mention it if you have a list going for one final bug removal.

Darn it. Yes, there was a fix related to the score display because it WASN'T showing in places where it was supposed to be. I'll take a look. Thanks for the report.
--Ted

#4775 6 years ago

just did the update my first ever, was a little scared because I didn't want to brick my game since it just got working.

anyway it was done so quick I couldn't believe it. Heard some new callouts already.

Great job JJP team.

#4776 6 years ago
Quoted from dirtbag66:

Tried upgrading to 6.60, followed the instructions 100%, but when I checked it still said 6.50.

Should I format my USB stick and try again? Use a different USB? What am I doing wrong?

I'd try a different USB stick first.

#4777 6 years ago
Quoted from check_switch_26:

Darn it. Yes, there was a fix related to the score display because it WASN'T showing in places where it was supposed to be. I'll take a look. Thanks for the report.
--Ted

Thanks to all you guys for your continual commitment to code polish and bug fixes, especially this long after release. You are really unique in the current pinball community. It is one of the reasons why my next NIB purchase will almost definitely be a JJP.

#4778 6 years ago
Quoted from Nokoro:

Thanks to all you guys for your continual commitment to code polish and bug fixes, especially this long after release. You are really unique in the current pinball community. It is one of the reasons why my next NIB purchase will almost definitely be a JJP.

That pretty much sums it up and it really is so true. It’s an honor to be able to play any JJP and you guys continually back the product on all avenues. Thank you!!

#4779 6 years ago

Hoping to join the club if I can find a nice one in trade in MD/PA/Va

#4780 6 years ago
Quoted from dirtbag66:

For whatever reason, when I did the download, there was another woz_update folder IN my woz_update folder. I had to delete 1 of them and THEN the update worked. Maybe this is the case? Either way, I hope you get it figured out.

#4781 6 years ago

Updated to 6.60... witch no longer registering :-/

#4782 6 years ago
Quoted from billycrna:

For whatever reason, when I did the download, there was another woz_update folder IN my woz_update folder. I had to delete 1 of them and THEN the update worked. Maybe this is the case? Either way, I hope you get it figured out.

I formatted my USB stick before downloading, so it was wiped clean. Maybe the stick is corrupt? I'm going to try a new one and see if that works...

#4783 6 years ago
Quoted from dirtbag66:

Maybe the stick is corrupt?

There are times the game simply doesn't like one stick.

#4784 6 years ago

Ok....first big issue im not sure what to do. Game is turned on, gets to JJP splash screen then just says READ ERROR.

Once or twice it would be to a text menu where one option was Umbuntu. Can't remember the others. But now just read error.

I imagine it's a hard drive issue. Hoping it's just a reformat and reload than a replacement thing....

#4785 6 years ago

Splash screen means the motherboard is working. Read error sounds like hard drive.

Please go to jerseyjackpinball.com and under support open a ticket.

#4786 6 years ago

I also got an error after the upgrade, file system error press any key to continue. Seem to remember this happening in the past as well. But after several on off cycles seems to be working normally.

I did notice that TNPLH is a little sepia but not like it was before (which I thought was much cooler)

Did anyone notice if the scoring was different after melting the witch? Did it once after the update and I thought the scoring was lower but didn't confirm it. (Only melted her once)

#4787 6 years ago
Quoted from agodfrey:

Ok....first big issue im not sure what to do. Game is turned on, gets to JJP splash screen then just says READ ERROR.
Once or twice it would be to a text menu where one option was Umbuntu. Can't remember the others. But now just read error.
I imagine it's a hard drive issue. Hoping it's just a reformat and reload than a replacement thing....

If you happen to have a spare SSD laying around, you can always try swapping and then load the last full install from USB. Lloyd is probably right though (and if that is the case, they'll send you a new drive i assume)

#4788 6 years ago

Spent a lot of time on WOZ yesterday, really figuring out the rules for the first time. Haven’t played it a lot in general. Am neutral on the theme, and have been more enthusiastic about many other games since WOZ came out.

Not any more. I’m adding WOZ to my wishlist. Now that I “get it”, it’s got “just one more game” written all over it. And what a journey to look forward to. So much to do and so much strategy. Keefer really is the King when it comes to rules.

#4789 6 years ago
Quoted from sc204:

I did notice that TNPLH is a little sepia but not like it was before (which I thought was much cooler)
Did anyone notice if the scoring was different after melting the witch? Did it once after the update and I thought the scoring was lower but didn't confirm it. (Only melted her once)

Funny thing about the TNPLH lights: From the beginning they have been unchanged. They were not changed in 6.06/6.50. We even went so far as to install 5.05 in a game in the office and do an A/B comparison. No changes. I debated whether or not to try to make them more sepia-ish, and finally decided to change them for 6.60.

Also, no scoring changes were made to Melt the Witch.

--Ted

#4790 6 years ago

Funny thing about the TNPLH lights: Until 6.60 they have always been white. They were not changed in 6.06/6.50. We even went so far as to install 5.05 in a game in the office and do an A/B comparison. No changes. I debated whether or not to try to make them more sepia-ish, and finally decided to change them for 6.60.
Also, no scoring changes were made to Melt the Witch.
--Ted

Ted, unless I’m absolutely crazy or my eyes are failing, the lighting during TNPLH absolutely used to be sepia, then it changed to white in a pretty late software revision.

#4791 6 years ago
Quoted from Pimp77:

Ted, unless I’m absolutely crazy or my eyes are failing, the lighting during TNPLH absolutely used to be sepia, then it changed to white in a pretty late software revision.

OK. As another sanity check, I just went back and looked. While I misspoke about them being white from the beginning, the rest of my comments are correct. (I have edited my previous post.)

From the point where I put in the background lamps in TNPLH up until 6.60, the LED color has been the same. In 6.60, I added a bit more red, and took out a little green and blue. If I change it any further, it starts looking too pink. The earliest comparison that I can do is March 3, 2015, which corresponds to release 4.11.

I'm sure there's nothing wrong with your eyes. It may be a case false memories. For the longest time, I remembered the Toto Escapes and TNPLH film clips to be different hues. I had to look at them side by side to convince myself they're the same.

Another possibility is that the LED Brightness setting changed on your game at some point.

--Ted

#4792 6 years ago

Another possibility is that the LED Brightness setting changed on your game at some point.

I think this along with possibly changes in the brightness levels of the mode or any applicable color/light filters? While I believe the underlying color was never changed, as someone who also remembers the sepia, certainly something must have which impacted the final processed color going out to the LED’s (whether thats brigtness or whatever).

Anyway, glad to see this update, lots of nice fixes and enhancements. Merry Christmas to us, thank you again JJP for all you guys do!

#4793 6 years ago
Quoted from merccat:

I think this along with possibly changes in the brightness levels of the mode or any applicable color/light filters? While I believe the underlying color was never changed, as someone who also remembers the sepia, certainly something must have which impacted the final processed color going out to the LED’s

Well, I have been all over the code as far back as March 2015, and I am confident that nothing has changed. As far as I'm concerned, I'm chalking this up the "Mandela Effect". (And I am not going to spend any more time on it.)

--Ted

#4794 6 years ago

I love the support Woz has recieved and have had mine from the very beginning and really feel keefer will do the same for the hobbit in time.

#4795 6 years ago

Thanks for the continued support for this game.

#4796 6 years ago

Bills win! sunday bump looking for a WOZ

#4797 6 years ago

Not sure how to post a eBay auction in a for sale thread? My new forum post was taken down with no explaination on how to post a eBay auction in the market place. Ends tomorrow if anyone’s interested.
Thanks
Please delete if not allowed
ebay.com link: 0

#4798 6 years ago

Pimp 77 - did you mention the 'sparkles' are back with the latest update?

Why were they taken away? It's a nice effect.

#4799 6 years ago
Quoted from chalkup8:

Pimp 77 - did you mention the 'sparkles' are back with the latest update?
Why were they taken away? It's a nice effect.

I don’t think they were taken away on purpose...just a side effect to a previous update. Glad they’re back!

#4800 6 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

There are times the game simply doesn't like one USB stick.

^^^ TRUTH!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Lighting - Interactive
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 43.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 345.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 199.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

11,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Burlingame, CA
$ 29.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Machine - For Sale
Warner Robins, GA
$ 85.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 9,800.00
Pinball Machine
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Playfield - Other
RavSpec

14,356 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Roswell, GA
Lighting - Led
Pinball Mod Co.

10,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
San Jose, CA
$ 16.95
$ 115.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 91.00
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 15,275 posts in this topic. You are on page 96 of 306.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/woz-fan-club-members-only/page/96?hl=apinballwiz and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.