20240314_215727 (resized).jpg
841FD4A1-7C8E-4E32-973D-DD8D05C4902E (resized).png
3D72BC84-0D17-44A1-B683-A17D4B722FF3 (resized).jpeg
WOZ lightboard 2 (resized).jpg
WOZ lightboard 1 (resized).jpg
20240309_110050 (resized).jpg
IMG_8924 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

12 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 15,273 posts in this topic. You are on page 90 of 306.
#4451 6 years ago

I've had this issue and increasing the power was my first thought. Lowering fixes this?

I've also had my throne room shoot directly down the middle. Increased coil strength and if fixed that.

Has anyone had their game register a Haunted Skill shot as the ball enters the shoot lane to start a game?

#4452 6 years ago
Quoted from WyseGuy:

Has anyone had their game register a Haunted Skill shot as the ball enters the shoot lane to start a game?

Likely your skill shot stand target is too sensitive and needs to be gapped.

#4453 6 years ago
Quoted from DCFAN:

Likely your skill shot stand target is too sensitive and needs to be gapped.

Agreed. Also, yes, lowering the coil power slightly on the ball eject can help with rejects. It’s counterintuitive but sometimes a hard hit out can rattle off of stuff and fall back down.

#4454 6 years ago
Quoted from Nokoro:

Agreed. Also, yes, lowering the coil power slightly on the ball eject can help with rejects. It’s counterintuitive but sometimes a hard hit out can rattle off of stuff and fall back down.

Makes sense. Thanks!

#4455 6 years ago
Quoted from Pimp77:

LOWER the power

lower the power as low as it wiil still serve the ball , bend out the diverter about 1/16" (open the gap a bit).
Then adjust the power up again 1 or 2 clicks.

This worked for me and has been flawless ever since.

#4456 6 years ago
Quoted from pinballinreno:

bend out the diverter about 1/16" (open the gap a bit).
Then adjust the power up again 1 or 2 clicks.
This worked for me and has been flawless ever since.

what's the diverter, do you have a picture?

#4457 6 years ago
Quoted from rai:

what's the diverter, do you have a picture?

For WOZ, but same principle for all games using a Williams ball trough, like Williams, JJP, and Remakes.

http://www.pinplay.com/5/adjusting_the_ball_trough_on_woz.html

LTG : )

#4458 6 years ago

also check that the plunger isn't binding, mine came with the wrong sleeve on it. and let theplunge move and rub on the bracket

#4459 6 years ago

Thanks all, I am not too handy but you've given me a lot of great advice and detailed walkthrough which I need.

1 week later
#4460 6 years ago

does anyone have the tree eye mod and have the lights inside sometimes turn off? Now I'm down to 1 remaining tree with eyes but sometimes the others come back on. Any suggestions or experience with this happening? I was squeezing the tree and sometimes that will get light back on but has trouble staying on consistently.

#4461 6 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

does anyone have the tree eye mod and have the lights inside sometimes turn off? Now I'm down to 1 remaining tree with eyes but sometimes the others come back on. Any suggestions or experience with this happening? I was squeezing the tree and sometimes that will get light back on but has trouble staying on consistently.

re solder the led wires as they have no doubt cracked off. This has happened a couple times to a few of my customers with this WOZ MOD set. I went with leds in eyes myself and have never had an issue.

IMG_4730 (resized).JPGIMG_4730 (resized).JPG

#4462 6 years ago
Quoted from capguntrooper:

re solder the led wires as they have no doubt cracked off. This has happened a couple times to a few of my customers with this WOZ MOD set. I went with leds in eyes myself and have never had an issue.

Thanks. I didn't install these - came like this. Where is the solder point on these? Are they in the trees themselves so I would need to unhook the trees from their posts or is it below the tree themselves?

I love your updated trees btw.

#4463 6 years ago

Had a bug arise the other night during a party. I wasn't playing so not sure the circumstances leading up to it, but basically player 4 showed no score at all during the game. Game played fine, just nothing displayed for that player. Anyone see that before?

#4464 6 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Thanks. I didn't install these - came like this. Where is the solder point on these? Are they in the trees themselves so I would need to unhook the trees from their posts or is it below the tree themselves?
I love your updated trees btw.

In the trees, thanks.

#4465 6 years ago

The bottom part of the playfield seemed really dark to me so I put in two extra spots, I think it helps a lot. I didn't want the entire pf lit and generally prefer accent lighting. I tied them to the same spotlight that lights the house so it should be interactive with the game. I tried white and red and like red better. The red looks really washed out in the pic, much better in person.

20171028_165123 (resized).jpg20171028_165123 (resized).jpg

20171028_165107 (resized).jpg20171028_165107 (resized).jpg

20171028_155915 (resized).jpg20171028_155915 (resized).jpg

20171029_200825 (resized).jpg20171029_200825 (resized).jpg

20171029_200805 (resized).jpg20171029_200805 (resized).jpg

#4466 6 years ago

Just to follow up on my ball eject issue the previous owner had the eject power jacked up to 20 when I put back to default 10 it was has been fine.

I’m curious what the time setting for the pop bumpers and slings mean? The prior owner had changed these settings as well and now that I changed back to default the balloon pop bumper seems to be a lot more active.

#4467 6 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

The bottom part of the playfield seemed really dark to me so I put in two extra spots, I think it helps a lot. I didn't want the entire pf lit and generally prefer accent lighting. I tied them to the same spotlight that lights the house so it should be interactive with the game. I tried white and red and like red better. The red looks really washed out in the pic, much better in person.

Just an FYI, those spots stay on all the time and aren't part of any of the lighting effects.

#4468 6 years ago
Quoted from bobukcat:

Just an FYI, those spots stay on all the time and aren't part of any of the lighting effects.

Yeah, not sure I'll keep them in and will have to see how the game plays with them. If they remain on in lights out mode, it might not be good.

#4469 6 years ago

I´m in beautiful Game Number 1415 build on 1. Feb. 2017, love it.

WOZ.JPGWOZ.JPG

#4470 6 years ago
Quoted from tomypin:

I´m in beautiful Game Number 1415 build on 1. Feb. 2017, love it.

Congrats on a great purchase

#4471 6 years ago

Love this game but the light board problem makes me insane sometimes. All upgraded to version 2 of version one and still have them go out random - home use it's frustrating. I just wanted to play tonight and nope under the hood. Rant complete

#4472 6 years ago
Quoted from coz6:

Love this game but the light board problem makes me insane sometimes. All upgraded to version 2 of version one and still have them go out random - home use it's frustrating. I just wanted to play tonight and nope under the hood. Rant complete

I don't understand what version 2 of version 1 is about,are your new boards buffered?

#4473 6 years ago

Not version 2.0 - buffered but not the latest system they have. I think they did three versions of light boards. Version 1 version 2 was a slight upgrade and version 3 buffered version 4 is WOZ 2.0. I have the third version I forgot about the other slight change they made.

IMG_20171104_075536601 (resized).jpgIMG_20171104_075536601 (resized).jpg

#4474 6 years ago

The led board versions are +5v unbuffered, then 7.5v unbuffered, then both got buffers added, then 1.1 7.5v buffered, 1.4 7.5v buffered, then finally 2.0 which is a new system entirely.

#4475 6 years ago

I posted this on the JJP Facebook site – but was worth sharing with my brotheren here!

Again, more innovation that just blows me away. I was working on the machine and noticed that the playfield lights are coordinated with the logo images. Crazy.

IMG_0433 (resized).JPGIMG_0433 (resized).JPG

IMG_0435 (resized).JPGIMG_0435 (resized).JPG

#4476 6 years ago
Quoted from lschmidlin:

I posted this on the JJP Facebook site – but was worth sharing with my brotheren here!
Again, more innovation that just blows me away. I was working on the machine and noticed that the playfield lights are coordinated with the logo images. Crazy.

Never ending cool amazing stuff they do - they are a company of amazing detail even the bolts are painted to match

#4477 6 years ago

I’ve just started to experience this the ball lock will allow two balls to be released instead of one, guess that’s an adjustment setting and finally just started to have the monkey come down to capture the ball even if it’s not locked on the magnet (ball never made it to the top magnet).

#4478 6 years ago
Quoted from rai:

I’ve just started to experience this the ball lock will allow two balls to be released instead of one, guess that’s an adjustment setting and finally just started to have the monkey come down to capture the ball even if it’s not locked on the magnet (ball never made it to the top magnet).

You can control the timing of the arm that releases the balls to fix the release issue.

The monkey will start to come down when you hit the orbit. If the ball doesn’t make it to the magnet, the monkey will go back up. If that’s what you’re experiencing, it’s normal as long as the monkey still captures the ball when it makes it all the way up.

#4479 6 years ago

Bought these on LetGo this week. Plan to make haunted trees with illuminated eyes and YBR to fabricate a topper. Will figure out a way to accent light the barbies and to light the 75th topper to display elsewhere.

84C0D0EC-6C09-46DD-8C1C-6A212351322E (resized).jpeg84C0D0EC-6C09-46DD-8C1C-6A212351322E (resized).jpeg

#4480 6 years ago
Quoted from coz6:

I went through all the trouble to up grade my game to buffered boards also and have been fine so I am sorry to hear you are still having light board problems

#4481 6 years ago

And the 2.0 upgrade kit is coming soon also

#4482 6 years ago
Quoted from rai:

I find that the metal gets bent and you will eventually run out of adjustment room and have to bend the mech back into place every 200 or so plays.

#4483 6 years ago
Quoted from Pinballomatic:

And the 2.0 upgrade kit is coming soon also

Fantastic but still around 2k?

#4484 6 years ago
Quoted from Nokoro:

The monkey will start to come down when you hit the orbit. If the ball doesn’t make it to the magnet, the monkey will go back up. If that’s what you’re experiencing, it’s normal as long as the monkey still captures the ball when it makes it all the way up.

I don't know the monkey came down and had the capture sequence when the ball did not make the full orbit but did not capture the ball when I later made the full orbit. I have to play this a bit more to confirm.

#4485 6 years ago
Quoted from coz6:

I find that the metal gets bent and you will eventually run out of adjustment room and have to bend the mech back into place every 200 or so plays.

What metal part are you talking about? This doesn't sound normal to me.

#4486 6 years ago
Quoted from bobukcat:

The small plate under the coil stop works most of the time but the other day had to bend the entire assembly down to get balls to lock. LTG pointed out this fix a few years ago with regards to the coil bracket.

#4487 6 years ago
Quoted from bobukcat:

The nose circled in red. Bend up a little so the metal plate the arm is riveted to is closer to the coil.

woz ball lock nose (resized).JPGwoz ball lock nose (resized).JPG

#4488 6 years ago

Question about Rescue Multiball:

Is there a way to have the game save your progress from one Castle Multiball to the next? For instance, Emerald City multiball saves which characters you have completed (courage, brains and/or heart) so that you don't have to start over from scratch the next time you get ECMB. Castle MB starts over from scratch with the jackpots you need to get. This is the only emerald I cannot get in my quest for SOTR!

Anyone?

#4489 6 years ago

Since update twice when I turned on woz no lights worked at all had to restart the machine then they worked again . Is this a common issue mine is one of the first machines

#4490 6 years ago
Quoted from Georgeh:

Since update twice when I turned on woz no lights worked at all had to restart the machine then they worked again . Is this a common issue mine is one of the first machines

Something has gotten a little funky with the last update and early woz having startup issues as well yours is different then what I and another are experiencing but something changed for the worse but the witch works so much better I can't imagine rolling back.

#4491 6 years ago
Quoted from dirtbag66:

Question about Rescue Multiball:
Is there a way to have the game save your progress from one Castle Multiball to the next? For instance, Emerald City multiball saves which characters you have completed (courage, brains and/or heart) so that you don't have to start over from scratch the next time you get ECMB. Castle MB starts over from scratch with the jackpots you need to get. This is the only emerald I cannot get in my quest for SOTR!
Anyone?

Are you on the latest code? I thought Keefer mentioned in a post a while ago that Rescue Multiball now carried over like ECMB does but I don't remember if it's a setting or not.

Edit: found the post: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/mega-jackpot-during-woz-rescue-multiball#post-1544583

#4492 6 years ago
Quoted from bobukcat:

Are you on the latest code? I thought Keefer mentioned in a post a while ago that Rescue Multiball now carried over like ECMB does but I don't remember if it's a setting or not.
Edit: found the post: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/mega-jackpot-during-woz-rescue-multiball#post-1544583

I've never thought to look at the Rescue letters once I start the multiball for the second time. I just look at the progress screen which shows how many jackpots of the 24 you've hit. That screen completely resets, but if your letters carry over, then I guess I don't technically need to hit all those jackpots to light the letters in RESCUE.

Ugh. I love this game.

#4493 6 years ago

What are the Rescue MB rules? I’ve not got there yet.

#4494 6 years ago
Quoted from rai:

You got about an hour? I'll try to explain them to you!

#4495 6 years ago

Received a NIB RRWOZ today Couple of issues though. The drop target won't pop-up at all. I tested the coil and it pop's up fine. So must be a switch issue? Also, there is a connector that I think is coming from the left upper play field that isn't plugged in to anything, see picture below, thoughts?

IMG_0015 (resized).jpgIMG_0015 (resized).jpg

IMG_0016 (resized).jpgIMG_0016 (resized).jpg

#4496 6 years ago

Don't worry about the connector.

Drop target - go into Tests - switches - matrixed, see if the drop target switch works. May need adjusting.

#4497 6 years ago

My drop target switch was missing a tiny, tiny, tiny screw that caused it to loosen and no longer work. It was an easy adjustment once I found a replacement tiny, tiny, tiny screw.

#4498 6 years ago
Quoted from rai:

Here's a link to a rule sheet that goes over much...

http://papa.org/wp-content/uploads/WOZ-Rulesheet-Version-1-26.pdf

#4499 6 years ago
Quoted from rai:

They're discussed and detailed in the thread I posted the link to above. Short version, shoot everything a ridiculous number of times then manage to hit all the rescue targets (loop no longer spots them) then a all-in-one loop and shot to the castle doors (will be open). I've never really even gotten close, especially since the required shots to the crystal ball are both prone to drain if missed and almost always leads to a CB mode that makes the task of hitting all those aforementioned shots even harder. Oh yeah, the right orbits don't count if you hit them during a ball-save auto-launch either. Piece of cake!

#4500 6 years ago
Quoted from Nokoro:

My drop target switch was missing a tiny, tiny, tiny screw that caused it to loosen and no longer work. It was an easy adjustment once I found a replacement tiny, tiny, tiny screw.

Second this it backed out of my friends.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 85.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 395.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 5.00
$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

Lighting - Interactive
Pinball Mod Co.

Wanted
Machine - For Sale
Charles Town, WV
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Lighting - Led
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Tuscaloosa, AL
$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

Playfield - Other
RavSpec

$ 43.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 29.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 199.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

9,300 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Santa Maria, CA
$ 130.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 16.95
There are 15,273 posts in this topic. You are on page 90 of 306.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/woz-fan-club-members-only/page/90 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.