Topic Stats

• 10,025 posts
  • 541 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 12 hours ago by Meri-cah
  • Topic is favorited by 241 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 1,366 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

Ball1 (resized).jpg
Screen (resized).jpg
Ball2 (resized).jpg
Screen2 (resized).jpg
52707863-FA40-4711-B0D6-A86FC912615C (resized).png
9E8A673B-D4AB-4D24-8ED8-FC55FCA034A0 (resized).jpeg
1DBF8770-DEB3-41A6-8DCD-B36943B16F21 (resized).jpeg
049469D1-DFE5-43B1-B5C7-41D3E0C289E8 (resized).jpeg
20200304_084910 (resized).jpg
C8C6E50A-7579-481C-A043-0E525F8E6A9F (resized).jpeg
Wizard of Oz Escape 094 (resized).jpg
Wizard of Oz Escape 081 (resized).jpg
Wizard of Oz Escape 064(1) (resized).jpg
Wizard of Oz Escape 052(1) (resized).jpg
Wizard of Oz Escape 046(1) (resized).jpg
Wizard of Oz Escape 037(1) (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

8 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 10025 posts in this topic. You are on page 9 of 201.
#401 5 years ago

By and large, difficulty presets are guesses and not put under long-term testing, tuning, and scrutiny.

#402 5 years ago

Im talking about the coil settings being pre set.

1 week later
#403 5 years ago

Finally GC'd the game and broke a million (ok, just a hair over). love 4.0 so far.

Can someone shed some light for me on completing the haunted steps?

I get the bumpers..

But targets and holes?

#404 5 years ago

Not sure what you mean, you don't really have to complete anything, it just builds a value for end-of-ball bonus and multiball scoring. Right now my strategy is building targets and bumpers as high as possible but not really going for the other two.

Bumpers is the haunted bumpers, outlane bumper, slingshots, and bonusX slingshot. Targets are the rainbow stand-ups, castle playfield stand ups, winged monkey targets and witch. Holes are the vuks and saucers (vuk to castle, castle door, crystal ball and throne room, and shots are the six main shots that are also jackpots in recsue multiball.

I may be forgetting to include something in that list it's off the top of my head.

You get to haunted multiball when you've done all four; it's collected as if it was the fifth mode. In HMB the bumpers score your total for haunted bumpers with each hit and so on. I think that's how it works.

#405 5 years ago
Quoted from generica:

Not sure what you mean, you don't really have to complete anything, it just builds a value for end-of-ball bonus and multiball scoring. Right now my strategy is building targets and bumpers as high as possible but not really going for the other two.
Bumpers is the haunted bumpers, outlane bumper, slingshots, and bonusX slingshot. Targets are the rainbow stand-ups, castle playfield stand ups, winged monkey targets and witch. Holes are the vuks and saucers (vuk to castle, castle door, crystal ball and throne room, and shots are the six main shots that are also jackpots in recsue multiball.
I may be forgetting to include something in that list it's off the top of my head.
You get to haunted multiball when you've done all four; it's collected as if it was the fifth mode. In HMB the bumpers score your total for haunted bumpers with each hit and so on. I think that's how it works.

Ahh, i get it. so for example, targets and holes... do i have to hit every target and every VUK to check that item off the list and work towards HMB?

#406 5 years ago
Quoted from arcadenerd925:

Ahh, i get it. so for example, targets and holes... do i have to hit every target and every VUK to check that item off the list and work towards HMB?

No, you just collect a bonus for the targets or VUKs that you do hit during that particular timed haunted mode.

What you score during each haunted mode will effect the scoring during HMB, but getting to HMB only requires you to have activated the four previous modes.

#407 5 years ago

if all you want to do is see haunted multiball you can time out the modes. You won't score much while you're there without building the values, but you don't need to hit anything to get there, just collect the modes.

#408 5 years ago

Still loving my woz. Doing a complete rubber change to clear today. I am also finishing my cliffy install. Crystal ball area to go and should be about done. Also going to try super bands on the flippers. Game plays great!

IMG_3080.jpg
#409 5 years ago

Thought clear would be great with all the colors and the clear GI tubes. So far I like it.

#410 5 years ago

Cool - I've never seen clear rubber before!

#411 5 years ago

I like the idea of the clear rubber, might have to try it!

#412 5 years ago

They look amazing! I am a couple short. I must of ordered wrong but here a couple shots. I hate black because they cause the dirty look. I am not a fan of white because they end up looking dirty. I am think these clear will be my choice from now on. A little more money but they look fantastic!

DSC00162.JPG DSC001630000.JPG DSC001600000.JPG DSC001610000.JPG
#413 5 years ago

Can't tell for sure but it looks like no sling protectors or washers???

#414 5 years ago
Quoted from mountaingamer:

Can't tell for sure but it looks like no sling protectors or washers???

Yes I need another small order from Pinball Life when they open back up from summer break.

#415 5 years ago
Quoted from coasterguy:

Thought clear would be great with all the colors and the clear GI tubes. So far I like it.

Interesting. I wouldn't think I would like the clear but they do look good. Do you have a count and a breakdown of all that is needed? Would be appreciated.

#416 5 years ago

Custom photo fits well. Loving 4.0. Haunted multiball is very loud!image.jpg

#417 5 years ago

Haunted MB, how balls is that or is it just a single ball mode?

#418 5 years ago

Not sure as it happened during ECMB and munchkin mode - tend to stack things up, and Haunted just happened during the chaos. Some great new music additions in 4.0.

#419 5 years ago
Quoted from dendoc:

Not sure as it happened during ECMB and munchkin mode - tend to stack things up, and Haunted just happened during the chaos. Some great new music additions in 4.0.

Hey I see you owned rbion and fish tales, what's your thoughts on those two pins.........I'm looking at buying a FT and my mate just got a rbion.

#420 5 years ago

Never thought I would like this game so much. The theme is to tacky for me. But now I own a WOZ long enough to say this: It is a great game!
The gameplay was close to my other games, but with 4.0 it is my new number 1. I always thought the witch was placed wrong on the playfield for a bash toy. Now with 4.0 you are forced to hit her very hard and direct, you have to use the upper right flipper for this. That's a whole new level of fun for this game.

#421 5 years ago

Hey Guys - I'm heading across town to see the inlaws & swing by Sideways Sports Bar to get my WOZ fix, but I'm seriously craving some new WOZ pics or Videos...... Bust out those phones and show off that beast.... Anything WOZ would be awesome! Happy Sunday!!!

#422 5 years ago

WP_20131007_001.jpg

#423 5 years ago

WP_20140520_16_55_10_Pro.jpg

#424 5 years ago
Quoted from dendoc:

Custom photo fits well. Loving 4.0. Haunted multiball is very loud!

image.jpg 166 KB

Yea, that is an awesome feature! How many photos can it store?

#425 5 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

Yea, that is an awesome feature! How many photos can it store?

In theory, thousands but I don't know how many Keith put in as a limit. Haven't tried myself as I keep my game factory fresh for releases

#426 5 years ago

image.jpg
Wozle in the wild - tough game with no ball saver - did manage to rescue toto a few times... Got wizard extra ball lit but could not find it - where the heck?

#427 5 years ago
Quoted from mountaingamer:

Wozle in the wild - tough game with no ball saver - did manage to rescue toto a few times... Got wizard extra ball lit but could not find it - where the heck?

image.jpg 236 KB

Throne room..

#428 5 years ago

Couple of replies- I preceded fish tales to Ripleys- but like all machines it's down to personal taste. FT was faster and fun, RBION had more rules, more shots, but with TZ in the house I didn't need it.

Custom photo , as far as I can tell can store quite a few, but only displays one. May be corrected on this

#429 5 years ago

Has anyone tried super bands on their WOZ yet?

#430 5 years ago

I have tried them on another pin. They make cradling and catching easy.

#431 5 years ago

I ordered a heap yesterday and got 3 green ones for WOZ.

#432 5 years ago

Ok, sorry to be a pest, lol, but i'm still having trouble with the haunted modes. Can someone clue me in as to how it works?

I know there is:

Shots
Targets
Holes
Bumpers

I am trying to complete certain things to move on to the next task in the list? (and if so, are they called out a certain way?) or I am just amassing points and then shoot collect or something to move on to the next part..

And then once all parts are completed does HMB just start? or do I have to shoot collect again?

Any help would be appreciated.

#433 5 years ago

Hitting the bumpers lights letters in "H-A-U-N-T-E-D". When "H-A-U-N-T-E-D" is complete, "Collect" is lit. Hit the collect to start a haunted mode. Each of the first four Haunted modes is a timed frenzy, and what you shoot for is what the mode says (shots, targets, holes or bumpers). You can only have one haunted mode running at a time. The fifth haunted mode is Haunted Multiball.

#434 5 years ago
Quoted from pauloz:

I ordered a heap yesterday and got 3 green ones for WOZ.

Would be better off with red IMO.

#435 5 years ago

Is there any way to spin the house instead of lock the ball.. seems like when ever I want to spin the house there's always a lock ready...

#436 5 years ago
Quoted from Pimp77:

Would be better off with red IMO.

Got plenty of red ones coming, will try them as well, but thought the green would look good with the Emerald trim.

#437 5 years ago
Quoted from tonycip:

Is there any way to spin the house instead of lock the ball.. seems like when ever I want to spin the house there's always a lock ready...

No, it will always lock a ball when ready over spinning the house (twister).

#438 5 years ago
Quoted from pauloz:

Has anyone tried super bands on their WOZ yet?

Yes......work great........stayed w theme...black on main 3, green on munchkinland, orange on castle.....helps ball control ( but not helping my scoring yet.... )......mark

#439 5 years ago
Quoted from tonycip:

I can't recall which code revision it was, but there was a time where the twister had priority over the lock, there was a lot of debate about which way it should be. I like it the way it is, but it can be frustrating in certain circumstances.

#440 5 years ago
Quoted from danisme:

I bought the 75th Anniversary WOZ DVD box set and was watching the movie again and noticed that there is a difference in the video in the game from what was shown in the movie. In the game, during the Capture Dorothy sequence the Winged Monkeys pick up Dorothy and fly her off from screen right to screen left. In the movie the monkey's all fly screen left to right.
At first I thought that was odd, but in the game the castle playfield is on the left side and it makes sense for them to fly her off toward the castle. I don't know for sure if that's why it's the way it is, but it would really show great attention to detail to do it that way.
I attached some pics. Sorry they are not the best, not the easiest thing to capture.
PS: Double flipping to cancel the screen animation for this sequence only ends the animation, it doesn't really speed anything up since the Monkey has to fully return before the next ball is served. It would be nice to kick out the ball right away it would seem to me. No matter, love the game and glad to be in the club.

IIRC, in WOZ they have two different video sequences both right and left-versions. I've never paid much attention but I assumed that depending upon which way the ball was coming, from the left or right orbit, they might use a different version of the video.

#441 5 years ago
Quoted from dgpinball:

I can't recall which code revision it was, but there was a time where the Twister had priority over the lock, there was a lot of debate about which way it should be. I like it the way it is, but it can be frustrating in certain circumstances.

I thought it was much more frustrating in the version where twister took priority. That would prevent ball locks for about 15-20 seconds between the time in the twister and the restart time if you missed. And that led to a few frustrating drains as I'd keep the ball in play waiting to be able to shoot the lock.

#442 5 years ago

2.0 and we fixed that pretty quickly as it was a bug and was unintended.

#443 5 years ago
Quoted from neurokinetik:

Hitting the bumpers lights letters in "H-A-U-N-T-E-D". When "H-A-U-N-T-E-D" is complete, "Collect" is lit. Hit the collect to start a haunted mode. Each of the first four Haunted modes is a timed frenzy, and what you shoot for is what the mode says (shots, targets, holes or bumpers). You can only have one haunted mode running at a time. The fifth haunted mode is Haunted Multiball.

Ok. so each mode is timed, got it. a few more questions.

1. Is it that, once the timer is up, it goes to the next mode?

2. do i have to hit any of the goals to advance to the next mode at the end of the timer?

#444 5 years ago

Just installed my mezelmods tonight, very happy so far. got:

the "city"
the lit drop target
the lit tornado

the good:

everything looks sweet! the lit drop target is a must IMHO

the bad:

1. I blew my first light board ever (#25 (T)oto) so i'll be sending Lloyd an email for a replacement. (went ahead and jumper-ed over it to keep things going.)

2. the mezelmod tornado, when i first plugged it in, it did not light up when i spun the house in test mode. I lifted the PF back up and checked all the cables, re-seated things. then it worked. but of course, after I jumped the #25 light board, it stopped working. heh. checked the molex connectors and they looked ok, wiggled things again and bam, was working again. So it works right now, but I think I'm going to replace the molex connectors, sounds like its not getting a solid connection.

#445 5 years ago

why don't they just send out the light board's to every WOZ owner..?? knowing they are defective....

#446 5 years ago
Quoted from limelime20:

why don't they just send out the light board's to every WOZ owner..?? knowing they are defective....

Since this thread is not about the light board issue, I am not going to delve too far here, but I'm not concerned. the replacement board will be one of the new modded ones with the built in filter. It's my understanding that you get that filter in the right place(s) in the chain, problem solved. So I am perfectly fine missing the T in toto until it arrives.

Now if I can get my head wrapped around the haunted modes, I'm good to go. lol.

#447 5 years ago

Arca, the pop bumpers will light the letters in the word 'haunted'. When you have them all lite, 'collect' will light. Start a haunted mode by dropping a ball into the crystal ball vuk from the pop bumpers where 'collect' is lite. Each mode will be timed, the pop bumpers will extend this time when hit. After each mode has expired, you will need to lite the letters in 'haunted' again for each mode to start. The last mode will be haunted multiball.

You do not need to hit any of the goals to advance through modes, though these goals are worth points during the given mode.

#448 5 years ago

Does anyone have any advice for hitting the horse collect shot? I've only done it on accident from both flippers. I keep trying but I can't dial it in at all.

#449 5 years ago

I just go for it from the lower left and drop the upper right to push the ball in. It's not easy.

#450 5 years ago
Quoted from pinstyle:

Arca, the pop bumpers will light the letters in the word 'haunted'. When you have them all lite, 'collect' will light. Start a haunted mode by dropping a ball into the crystal ball vuk from the pop bumpers where 'collect' is lite. Each mode will be timed, the pop bumpers will extend this time when hit. After each mode has expired, you will need to lite the letters in 'haunted' again for each mode to start. The last mode will be haunted multiball.
You do not need to hit any of the goals to advance through modes, though these goals are worth points during the given mode.

Ok, got it!

last question, let's say i complete two of the modes, and while working on the third, drain the ball, do I lose my progress? (those first two completed modes)

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 50.00
$ 11,500.00
$ 99.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Sales
$ 3.50
Playfield - Protection
Pinball Mod Co.
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
6,800 (OBO)
Sale Pending!
Eugene, OR
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Blacklick, OH
There are 10025 posts in this topic. You are on page 9 of 201.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside