20240314_221748 (resized).jpg
20240314_215727 (resized).jpg
841FD4A1-7C8E-4E32-973D-DD8D05C4902E (resized).png
3D72BC84-0D17-44A1-B683-A17D4B722FF3 (resized).jpeg
WOZ lightboard 2 (resized).jpg
WOZ lightboard 1 (resized).jpg
20240309_110050 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

12 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 15,275 posts in this topic. You are on page 89 of 306.
#4401 6 years ago

Is “clear locks on game over” set to yes in game settings? That should release your locked balls - and maybe check the switch behind the single castle door - it may be a opto I don’t remember. I go for rescue multiball first since it can be the toughest on your way to the witch - drain early then go for multiballs and yellow brick road to build extra balls. My tilt warnings are 4 per ball but I try not to nudge too hard to often
My state fair thplh pop bumper is set sensitive so the best chance of bouncing back out top or raise the left flipper and out off the center post - doesn’t happen often but great when it does!

#4402 6 years ago
Quoted from mountaingamer:

and maybe check the switch behind the single castle door - it may be a opto

Micro mini switch.

LTG : )

#4403 6 years ago

Whether or not to release balls at end of game is an option, default is to not. Getting two balls by accident when having one already in the castle is common. What happens is it releases the locked ball before the monkey reaching home and then the monkey release ends up bouncing out onto the playfield.

#4404 6 years ago

Check out my home made quilted machine cover.

20170922_173946 (resized).jpg20170922_173946 (resized).jpg
20170922_174000 (resized).jpg20170922_174000 (resized).jpg

#4405 6 years ago

Has anyone ever purchased anything through WOZMODS. I have been waiting for a month and half for my order and still do not have everything.

#4406 6 years ago
Quoted from MNPinner:

Has anyone ever purchased anything through WOZMODS. I have been waiting for a month and half for my order and still do not have everything.

I had to send three emails to get them to send my stuff. I was not impressed and had to return two of the items.

#4407 6 years ago

Woz is awesome!

It figures, I put a pizza in the oven set my timer, so just play a quick game, needless to say this was my best game yet. Got two Crystal ball modes, Multi ball from throne room (don't know what that was), got witch hurry and NPLH and one EB (not sure why).

Anyway the lighting effects just the best (I play in a dark room) GI may be little dim (next to IMVE) but am able to see the ball ok just not what I'm used to on my other pins, and the insert lights really pop.

This was my first time to get crystal ball modes (one was weak flippers and one was all lights on), got the first (weak) combined with he throne room MB as well as witch hurry up.

Needless to say as my game went on, my pizza timer was getting close to done so I was distracted near the end but I still got a good score (for me) 195K most of my scores have been under 100K

I played Woz several times 4 years ago, didn't really care for it the code was not done, and I never understood the rules. Also most games were not set up, and the lighting and sound was not optimal. I never really cared for Woz until I played at a friends house who had it set up properly and I could hear the callouts etc..

I am not a great player, but the I really dig cool toys and sound effects and especially lighting effects and Woz is really outstanding in it's light show.

#4408 6 years ago
Quoted from rai:

Woz is awesome!
It figures, I put a pizza in the oven set my timer, so just play a quick game, needless to say this was my best game yet. Got two Crystal ball modes, Multi ball from throne room (don't know what that was), got witch hurry and NPLH and one EB (not sure why).
Anyway the lighting effects just the best (I play in a dark room) GI may be little dim (next to IMVE) but am able to see the ball ok just not what I'm used to on my other pins, and the insert lights really pop.
This was my first time to get crystal ball modes (one was weak flippers and one was all lights on), got the first (weak) combined with he throne room MB as well as witch hurry up.
Needless to say as my game went on, my pizza timer was getting close to done so I was distracted near the end but I still got a good score (for me) 195K most of my scores have been under 100K
I played Woz several times 4 years ago, didn't really care for it probably the code was not even close to cohesive and I never really understood the rules. Also most games were probably not set up, and the lighting and sound was not optimal either. I never really started to like Woz until I played at a friends house who had it set up properly and I could hear the callouts etc..

Just wait until the first time you melt the witch. Man, that's an awesome feeling!

#4409 6 years ago
Quoted from dirtbag66:

Just wait until the first time you melt the witch. Man, that's an awesome feeling!

Plus, no more putting a pizza in the oven either, because it's Murphy's law with that.

#4410 6 years ago

what is the throne room multi ball it looks like (from the rules) as ECMB, however I didn't have that ready to go, so does it just jump to ECMB with auto launch balls?

#4411 6 years ago
Quoted from rai:

what is the throne room multi ball it looks like (from the rules) as ECMB, however I didn't have that ready to go, so does it just jump to ECMB with auto launch balls?

The throne room gives random awards, one of which is to start ECMB. That award is more rare than others.

#4412 6 years ago

Quoted from rai:

So,
I'm guessing that you have your machine set to 3 balls per game and the kick ass game described above all happened because of the the 3rd ball.
Throne room Multiball is a gimme on your third ball when your first two balls are not good.
Its like the machine is saying to you:
"I know your first two balls were pretty awful but trust me, once you get to know me your are gonna love me.
And to prove it to you here is a multiball.
See?
Told you I am a great game.
Of course I take bills "

So many of my epic games all happened because of 3rd ball Throne Room Multiball (3BTRM)

#4413 6 years ago
Quoted from fnosm:

So,
I'm guessing that you have your machine set to 3 balls per game and the kick ass game described above all happened because of the the 3rd ball.
Throne room Multiball is a gimme on your third ball when your first two balls are not good.
Its like the machine is saying to you:
"I know your first two balls were pretty awful but trust me, once you get to know me your are gonna love me.
And to prove it to you here is a multiball.
See?
Told you I am a great game.
Of course I take bills "
So many of my epic games all happened because of 3rd ball Throne Room Multiball (3BTRM)

Is that right? I never noticed that.

#4414 6 years ago

I'm almost certain that 3BTRM only happens in this fashion.

#4415 6 years ago

I'm looking at a WOZ with a build date of 8/19/2015. I've been reading through some of the threads about the light board issues, but it is not clear to me what the resolution was and what build dates have all the correct working components. Can someone help me figure this out as I don't want to grab a problem game that won't be under warranty. Thx

#4416 6 years ago
Quoted from EricHadley:

I'm looking at a WOZ with a build date of 8/19/2015. I've been reading through some of the threads about the light board issues, but it is not clear to me what the resolution was and what build dates have all the correct working components. Can someone help me figure this out as I don't want to grab a problem game that won't be under warranty. Thx

That build date should be fine, mine was a few months after that and has the V1.4 boards. To be safe check the light board version number printed on the light boards. V1.4 are the latest buffered boards prior to the redesigned system which I think were shipping around that build date. I have never had any issues with my feature boards of that generation, although I have had a few GI boards go out on me.

Edit: Oh yeah, v1.4... 7.5v vs the original 5v.

#4417 6 years ago
Quoted from EricHadley:

WOZ 2.0 build began December of 2016; in 8/2015 it would have 1.4 buffered boards

#4418 6 years ago
Quoted from EricHadley:

I really think as been said many times the light boards issues are way over blown, yes the non buffered boards were terrible and the 7.5 non buffered were not any better IMHO, but once they buffered very few problems far and few in between. Any electrical component on any given day can have issues, even the 2.0 boards have had some so nothing is bullet proof but the odds were greatly reduced with the buffered boards and now take into consideration HUO environment the chances of failure reduces even more so. The biggest issues were static charges popping the non buffered boards, so in climate controlled homes , HUO setting you'll be fine. My WOZ RR was built 9/15 and have been loving it, I do hope you get one of the greatest machines ever made. Best of luck

#4419 6 years ago

^^ 100% agree ^^

#4420 6 years ago

I picked up the WOZ today, so excited as its a fun game! I went into the light test menu and all but 4 lights are 100% perfect. 4 of the GI lights won't do white, instead are blue. Any thoughts? Do I need to replace these 4?

IMG-0288 (resized).JPGIMG-0288 (resized).JPG

IMG-0290 (resized).JPGIMG-0290 (resized).JPG

IMG-0289 (resized).JPGIMG-0289 (resized).JPG

#4421 6 years ago

We're having a blast with the machine! Amazing! I went ahead and ordered 5 GI light boards, 1 as a spare. I tried re-seating the connectors and it didn't help so I am pretty sure I just need new boards. No biggie. LOVE THE GAME

#4422 6 years ago
Quoted from EricHadley:

I picked up the WOZ today, so excited as its a fun game! I went into the light test menu and all but 4 lights are 100% perfect. 4 of the GI lights won't do white, instead are blue. Any thoughts? Do I need to replace these 4?

Congrats on the game! Yeah, you need some replacement GI boards.

#4423 6 years ago
Quoted from EricHadley:

We're having a blast with the machine! Amazing! I went ahead and ordered 5 GI light boards, 1 as a spare. I tried re-seating the connectors and it didn't help so I am pretty sure I just need new boards. No biggie. LOVE THE GAME

I really believe WOZ is the best pin ever made... hope you get years of enjoyment out of it.

#4424 6 years ago
Quoted from 27dnast:

I really believe WOZ is the best pin ever made...

Just got mine, but I'm starting to get that feeling too.

I had never got any Crystal Ball mode until I got mine and it's really special, looking forward to the other fun modes in the future.

#4425 6 years ago
Quoted from rai:

Woz is awesome!
It figures, I put a pizza in the oven set my timer, so just play a quick game....Needless to say as my game went on, my pizza timer was getting close to done..

I feel your pain. In our pizza shop I can see the end of the oven conveyer from WOZ. I've been distracted by many after hours pizzas!

#4426 6 years ago
Quoted from EricHadley:

Hope your issues are far and few between!

#4427 6 years ago
Quoted from rai:

Just got mine, but I'm starting to get that feeling too.
I had never got any Crystal Ball mode until I got mine and it's really special, looking forward to the other fun modes in the future.

I’ve been telling you that for a couple of years! Next time, listen ))

#4428 6 years ago

My problem had been playing Woz on location, at a pinball show, not set up well, beta code, not fully working or some combination of those conditions.

Once I played at Scott's house really got to like it, once I got in my game room it surpassed my other pins.

Quoted from 27dnast:

I’ve been telling you that for a couple of years! Next time, listen ))

cea092750c958478ecac42c78a155fa6 (resized).jpgcea092750c958478ecac42c78a155fa6 (resized).jpg

#4429 6 years ago

I have a ruby red cup holder if anyone is interested. Made by modfather but don't need it. Brand new never used.

https://modfatherpinball.com/collections/woz/products/woz-ruby-red-pincup

$38 shipped.

PM if interested.

#4430 6 years ago

I've noticed a couple of strange things with the WOZ I got on Saturday.

1) One time I turned it on and had no playfield lights, had to turn it off and back on and then it was ok
2) One time the crystal ball screen was all scrambled. Again, I rebooted the machine and it was fine

Just wondering if others have had this happen and if there is any particular solution? Thx

#4431 6 years ago
Quoted from EricHadley:

I've noticed a couple of strange things with the WOZ I got on Saturday.
1) One time I turned it on and had no playfield lights, had to turn it off and back on and then it was ok
2) One time the crystal ball screen was all scrambled. Again, I rebooted the machine and it was fine
Just wondering if others have had this happen and if there is any particular solution? Thx

I have had the zero playfield lights once, and the crystal ball a few times. Now what I do is turn the power on and don't touch a button until she is fully booted. No problems since, although the CB sometimes the cable underneath can get loose as some reported and might have to be re-seated.

#4432 6 years ago

I had the same no lights issue once and it was also corrected by cycling the power.

#4433 6 years ago

I used to have the no lights issue from time to time but don't believe I have since updating to the latest code. Is your code up to date? Has anyone had this happend with 6.5?

#4434 6 years ago
Quoted from Nokoro:

I used to have the no lights issue from time to time but don't believe I have since updating to the latest code. Is your code up to date? Has anyone had this happend with 6.5?

First thing I did Sunday morning was update to 6.5, both issues happened since then.

#4435 6 years ago
Quoted from EricHadley:

First thing I did Sunday morning was update to 6.5, both issues happened since then.

Could just be low AC power from the wall for a little while, and you got a failed boot or a partial boot.
It may happen once in awhile. Its nothing to be concerned about unless it happens often enough that the game is unplayable.

#4436 6 years ago
Quoted from EricHadley:

I am with you off behavior in 6.5 after update sent a msg to JJ about this today. Freeze and won't boot right after update for the first game only.

#4437 6 years ago

In a year or so, I've had maybe 2-3 times where things didn't boot right or where a reboot was needed to correct odd behavior.

Hey, i'ts a computer in there...computers don't always behave...

Regarding not touching the game during power-up, the other day, with company here, I got a weird text boot menu when it was powered up. A bit scary. I said, "Wow, I've only seen that once before, when my friend & his hyper kids were over here and.....hey, did you hit the start button or something when it was booting?" A glance in the manual doesn't show it, but it seems that hitting start during boot pulls up a fundamental OS boot menu thingy?

Thanks,
-Jason

#4438 6 years ago
Quoted from coz6:

I am with you off behavior in 6.5 after update sent a msg to JJ about this today. Freeze and won't boot right after update for the first game only.

Yes I had the same problem also

#4439 6 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Allen head set screws holding door to motor shaft are loose. Item 7d on page C-37 in the manual.
Remove castle playfield. Remove door. Drop motor assembly down, tighten, reassemble.

Gosh darnit. So I finally did this (38 days later than anticipated) and the motors work now, in motor test at least. They won't register bashes now. I must have moved something while re-assembling it. Anyone have thoughts on chasing this down?

#4440 6 years ago
Quoted from GotAQuestion:

Anyone have thoughts on chasing this down?

I'd check the wiring for the sensors that the ball triggers. Maybe something came loose.

#4441 6 years ago

Are the related switches item 16 on page C-38? Microswitch Body 18-3009-00? Just wanna make sure I'm looking at the right wires when I get it apart again.

Edit : I see there are also switch actuators, 8 & 9. Probably worth checking too.

#4442 6 years ago

It's alive! Thanks for the help Lloyd!

The double doors actually open and close at the start of every ball now but the game is playable again so I'm pretty much apathetic to that.

Edit: Castle Door Bash Left was getting stuck on. I think I got THAT fixed too.

#4443 6 years ago

The line of white light that shines on the ceiling from the RR topper has always bugged me. I took black car pinstriping along the outer top edging and inside the holes between the witch and the broom. Thought I’d share the results with you all.

7BC119AF-2C11-4F72-84DD-F8046E18B30F (resized).jpeg7BC119AF-2C11-4F72-84DD-F8046E18B30F (resized).jpeg

5389F95D-635D-4BCA-A55F-76C3E73CA141 (resized).jpeg5389F95D-635D-4BCA-A55F-76C3E73CA141 (resized).jpeg

#4444 6 years ago

When are we going to get the sparkly lighting effects back???

#4445 6 years ago
Quoted from Pimp77:

When are we going to get the sparkly lighting effects back???

Unfortunately, they’re probably pretty busy now, but yeah, I hope they do a quick fix soon.

#4446 6 years ago

I'm having a problem with my Woz, the ball eject will sometimes fail to pop the ball up and will require 2-3 tries.

#4447 6 years ago
Quoted from rai:

I'm having a problem with my Woz, the ball eject will sometimes fail to pop the ball up and will require 2-3 tries.

Have you tried turning up the power of that coil? You can do it in the settings.

#4448 6 years ago
Quoted from rai:

Had this issue as well. First try increasing power to ball eject slightly and if it is not consistent try bending the metal diverter lane slightly

#4449 6 years ago
Quoted from MNPinner:

I have sent them two emails recently and I have not had a reply. I have the lighting mod for the eyes in the Haunted Forest pops and the wires have sheared off. This is the second time this has happened. The first time I was sent a replacement. This time, no response. I am willing to pay for the placement LED and wire set. I just want to hear back from them.

#4450 6 years ago
Quoted from rai:

LOWER the power as far as you can still getting the ball up far enough and also bend the tab at the exit of the popper.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Wanted
$ 199.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 91.00
$ 130.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 115.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 85.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

14,850 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Northport, NY
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

13,000 (OBO)
11,300 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Spokane Valley, WA
$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 5.00
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 29.99
Hardware
Classic Game Rooms

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 15,275 posts in this topic. You are on page 89 of 306.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/woz-fan-club-members-only/page/89 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.