20240314_221748 (resized).jpg
20240314_215727 (resized).jpg
841FD4A1-7C8E-4E32-973D-DD8D05C4902E (resized).png
3D72BC84-0D17-44A1-B683-A17D4B722FF3 (resized).jpeg
WOZ lightboard 2 (resized).jpg
WOZ lightboard 1 (resized).jpg
20240309_110050 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

12 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 15,275 posts in this topic. You are on page 84 of 306.
#4151 6 years ago

Love my Ruby Red but the wood apron on the ECLE's is soooo nice. Cool mod upgrade idea JJP!

#4152 6 years ago

I put the 75th topper on my ECLE

I'm thinking about making a couple custom, back-lit toppers for my WOZ using these slot machine toppers.

DSC_3433 (resized).JPGDSC_3433 (resized).JPG

#4153 6 years ago

Cool stuff! I'm going to Vegas next week - where'd you pick those up? Are there slots graveyards? Would love to find stuff like that myself

#4154 6 years ago

Love my bottommer.......lol

IMG_4284 (resized).JPGIMG_4284 (resized).JPG

#4155 6 years ago

We have some new magnetic pin cups available for WOZ that mimics the green (ECLE) or red (RR) powder coating. $17.50 shipped.
https://lermods.com/products/wizard-of-oz-pinball-machine-magnetic-cupholders-069d97ae-908e-40d1-b532-55c3a269b94a
pinball-machine-magnetic-cupholder-green-glitter (resized).JPGpinball-machine-magnetic-cupholder-green-glitter (resized).JPGpinball-machine-magnetic-cupholder-red-glitter (resized).JPGpinball-machine-magnetic-cupholder-red-glitter (resized).JPG

Added over 7 years ago: Price changed to $20 due to increase cost of material and shipping.

Added over 7 years ago: Ugh, not sure why it crossed everything out. We have the pincups, price is $20 shipped for glitter, $17.50 for non-glitter colors.

#4156 6 years ago
Quoted from capguntrooper:

Love my bottommer.......lol

Me too

IMG_0461 (resized).JPGIMG_0461 (resized).JPG

#4157 6 years ago

Just joined yesterday after waiting three loooong years to purchase one! Love the game, but I already have one question:

My buddy and I played a few games on it yesterday, then decided we wanted to move it a little closer to the wall. So we turned it off, moved it, then went to turn it back on about a minute later. Nothing. Cue me having a heart attack. I decided to wait about five minutes and thankfully, the game turned back on.

Why did this happen? Does the game need a "shut down" period when it is turned off? Is something already wrong with my game?

Thanks!

#4158 6 years ago

Oh, and here she is being played by my son!

#294/1000

IMG_20170808_134433 (resized).jpgIMG_20170808_134433 (resized).jpg

#4159 6 years ago

Raise the back legs - game plays too slowly with the feet all the way down all the way around. I believe in the manual / setup instructions it says to spin the back feet up half way.
I wouldn't panic over the non start. There is no shut down period. One thing you could check - inside right front opposite the power switch is the silver cover with the line fuse on it. It has one of those push down and turn tops and is spring loaded. You can try reseating it to make sure it's down properly in place. Sometimes they aren't down correctly and thus the game will be dead only to work again once they are reseated in place.

#4160 6 years ago
Quoted from dirtbag66:

Just joined yesterday after waiting three loooong years to purchase one! Love the game, but I already have one question:
My buddy and I played a few games on it yesterday, then decided we wanted to move it a little closer to the wall. So we turned it off, moved it, then went to turn it back on about a minute later. Nothing. Cue me having a heart attack. I decided to wait about five minutes and thankfully, the game turned back on.
Why did this happen? Does the game need a "shut down" period when it is turned off? Is something already wrong with my game?
Thanks!

A minute should generally be fine (so not sure if this is the same case in your scenario), but just like a normal PC, you generally dont want to turn it off and then turn it right back on. I usually wait 1 to 2 mins if I need to do that.

#4161 6 years ago

Stumbled on this video from 2014 while looking up Mirco stuff:

#4162 6 years ago

Okay guys, I'm looking for a little advice. I'm really wanting to put a tornado mod in my machine, but I don't know which one to get. Should I go with the Mezel Mods one that lights up? Or the Back Alley one that if I'm not mistaken comes standard on all Ruby Red machines. Both look great, I'm just wondering if anyone here can give me some pros and cons of each. Or, if you know of a different one, let me know about that one as well.

Thanks in advance!

#4163 6 years ago
Quoted from dirtbag66:

Okay guys, I'm looking for a little advice. I'm really wanting to put a tornado mod in my machine, but I don't know which one to get. Should I go with the Mezel Mods one that lights up? Or the Back Alley one that if I'm not mistaken comes standard on all Ruby Red machines. Both look great, I'm just wondering if anyone here can give me some pros and cons of each. Or, if you know of a different one, let me know about that one as well.
Thanks in advance!

Well the back alley one is just like the stock ones with n RR versions.

#4164 6 years ago

So the software is telling me I have an EOS error at the castle flipper. That square is blocked out Red in the diagnostics, and manually moving the flipper up and down doesn't change anything.
The flipper is flipping fine in gameplay and test, including cradling the ball.
Wondering if I should just ignore it or do I have to take off the playfield and see what's going on?

#4165 6 years ago

I'm sure those with a more comprehensive understanding of the electronics and coils will chip in if this is wrong... but my understanding is that the EOS switch allows the flipper to change from high power (to flip strong and fast) to low power (for holding it up in place when it doesn't need all that energy flowing through the coil).

If you hold your flippers up a long time the high power to that coil will cause damage (e.g. if you cradle balls during multiball, etc.) as those coils not are intended to take constant high power.

I'd recommend fixing this sooner than later... and playing without any long cradles until fixed. FYI: Game will play fine without addressing this... until damage is done. Then you will have a bigger problem to fix.

#4166 6 years ago

True on the purpose of the EOS, although I *think* JJP's flippers including EOS switchover *may* be completely software controlled and therefore compensated for on detection of a bad EOS. The EOS still exists to maintain proper flipper feel, not sending a full pulse for example if a flipper is still up.

So EOS may in this case be more about proper feel than actual protection as it was in the past.

Either way I would look at it asap... may simply be a disconnected or loose connector.

#4167 6 years ago
Quoted from tiesmasc:

I'm sure those with a more comprehensive understanding of the electronics and coils will chip in if this is wrong... but my understanding is that the EOS switch allows the flipper to change from high power (to flip strong and fast) to low power (for holding it up in place when it doesn't need all that energy flowing through the coil).
If you hold your flippers up a long time the high power to that coil will cause damage (e.g. if you cradle balls during multiball, etc.) as those coils not are intended to take constant high power.
I'd recommend fixing this sooner than later... and playing without any long cradles until fixed. FYI: Game will play fine without addressing this... until damage is done. Then you will have a bigger problem to fix.

Modern (really since early 90s with Solid State Flippers from Data East or Fliptronics from WMS/Bally) games no longer really function that way and the flipper coils no longer have two windings, so it's not as crucial and it will not overheat your coil. However it may start to affect game play at some point. In modern games the flippers are completely controlled by the CPU and they send a high power pulse for some period of time and then back off to a lower power for hold. The EOS is primarily there for timing and, in some instances, so the CPU can send another high power pulse if the flipper gets knocked back down by a ball (Raptor Pit in JP classic example). So I'd take a look at it when you can but wouldn't worry that it's going to cause damage.

#4168 6 years ago
Quoted from dirtbag66:

Thanks in advance!

I like the lit one from the mezel's better (mostly because it lights up and looks cool)

#4169 6 years ago
Quoted from dirtbag66:

Thanks in advance!

I would get the whole kit from Matt at Back Alley Creations.
I waited a long time to mod my game because I thought it was amazing as it stood.

But 4 years in I wanted a refreshed look, The Mods from Matt are incredibly detailed and truly miniature works of art.
The Walls are amazing and fit perfectly, The Toto is so cute you might not install it but I did and it looks great.
The tornado you have to drill out a couple small holes to install it and it takes a bit of finagling to get tools in there to tighten it up, but its not terrible. It took me maybe 45 mins to install all 3 mods.

My advice is to get the Back alley Creations kit. Its the best IMHO...

#4170 6 years ago

Thanks Merccat and Bobukcat... glad to learn something new!!!

#4171 6 years ago

Thanks for the answers on the castle flipper EOS issue. I did recently take the castle playfield off to fix an unrelated issue so a connector or something else might have become dislodged in the process. Taking it off is a pain so I was reluctant to do it again...but I guess I should.

#4172 6 years ago

The EOS switch is a small two pin molex connector. It's easy to get lost in the shuffle, did the same thing myself.

#4173 6 years ago

Go with back alleys. I had mezels and ended up swapping it out. It doesn't look half as nice and you don't notice it lighting up as there's too much going on at the time.

#4174 6 years ago
Quoted from merccat:

The EOS switch is a small two pin molex connector. It's easy to get lost in the shuffle, did the same thing myself.

Thanks! Will check that. I've just developed coil problems now that I have to fix first.

#4175 6 years ago

It's with a sad heart that I listed my RR WoZ for sale yesterday. I know there will be several people here shocked about my getting out of the hobby, and especially that I'm selling the greatest pin ever made; RR WoZ.

I hope I'm allowed to pop back in from time to time to say hi?

#4176 6 years ago

Always welcome @gorffan! Hope you get back in sometime soon.

#4177 6 years ago

I'm going to be replacing all the rubber rings and posts in my game this weekend. Any tips for that or is it basically "go area by area, take everything off, clean and replace, put everything back"?

One thing in particular that sticks out in my mind, any advice for cleaning under the castle playfield? I've cleaned the machine several times while owning it but have always sort of half-assed that area. Would like to give it a more complete cleaning since I'm changing out everything else. Should I just remove it?

#4178 6 years ago

Looking to join the club again (ECLE) - if you want to sells yours, PM me. Can be there tomorrow with cash.

#4179 6 years ago
Quoted from GotAQuestion:

I'm going to be replacing all the rubber rings and posts in my game this weekend. Any tips for that or is it basically "go area by area, take everything off, clean and replace, put everything back"?
One thing in particular that sticks out in my mind, any advice for cleaning under the castle playfield? I've cleaned the machine several times while owning it but have always sort of half-assed that area. Would like to give it a more complete cleaning since I'm changing out everything else. Should I just remove it?

My suggestion would be to go RED for RR editions and GREEN for EC editions. The colored rubbers in my opinion make the game pop, then again I am super OCD so when things matchy match I feel better LOL

#4180 6 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Looking to join the club again (ECLE) - if you want to sells yours, PM me. Can be there tomorrow with cash.

Don't be afraid to go for a well priced Standard and do a little customization.

#4181 6 years ago
Quoted from Spankey:

Don't be afraid to go for a well priced Standard and do a little customization.

not a fan - want that green or I'll go back to the red.

#4182 6 years ago
Quoted from GotAQuestion:

Should I just remove it?

Yes, instructions in the rear of the manual. More time consuming than hard. When you stick it back in, be sure none of the cables drop down and block the playfield lanes back there and stop balls from rolling through.

LTG : )

#4183 6 years ago

Do new RR have no number on the apron?

#4184 6 years ago

Complete noobie trying to fix weak castle flipper. First thing that brought it to my attention was flipper rubber wearing on castle wall of my 75th RR that we got delivered 4 weeks ago NIB. I took a dremel to castle wall to create room but flipper was still week and didn't sit back to original position all the time or react as fast as the other flippers. Adjusted flipper strength in settings but no change.
Just took off castle play field. To examine underside of flipper. Nothing appears loose and flipper does not rub on castle wall anymore. What to look for next???? Hope I can get it back together. Thanks for all input. I've been lurking pinside for months before my first pin and am addicted to this site.

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg

#4185 6 years ago

the most recent RRs made still have numbers

#4186 6 years ago

Make sure coil stop allen screws are tight. Move flipper in and out by hand and compare how that feels to a flipper that works properly see if you feel any resistance or rubbing or something impeding a nice smooth "thwack" when you hit the coil stop.

#4187 6 years ago

That there flipper is missing a return spring. If its not returning all the way to home the EOS switch could still be closed causing it to only turn on the hold power instead of the full flip power.

#4188 6 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

not a fan - want that green or I'll go back to the red.

You mean this green?

IMG_1041 (resized).jpegIMG_1041 (resized).jpeg

#4189 6 years ago

Make sure that you can pick the flipper up and move it slightly up and down (pretend you are trying to lift the flipper off completely from the top side) there should be slight up & down movement over the plastic bushing (feel the good flippers again first). If the flipper is down too tight, it will drag and slow the flipper down

#4190 6 years ago

oh duh - obvious - return spring is missing look around it fell or broke off

#4191 6 years ago

Thanks for the quick replies. The flipper has been weak since first setting up. I wonder if I ever had the spring?? I will head down stairs to look for it

#4192 6 years ago
Quoted from Pinballomatic:

the most recent RRs made still have numbers

Any reason why one wouldn't have number? One I'm looking at doesn't

#4193 6 years ago

The customer never put it on, perhaps? The sticker usually comes in a packet on the shipping box if he bought it new.

#4194 6 years ago

Found it!! Would this be where it attaches? Spring was broke so I bent it alittle to attach. Thanks again everyone.

IMG_3368 (resized).JPGIMG_3368 (resized).JPG

IMG_3369 (resized).JPGIMG_3369 (resized).JPG

#4196 6 years ago

Thanks for the help PBmatic...now can I get it back together

#4197 6 years ago
Quoted from Pinballomatic:

The customer never put it on, perhaps? The sticker usually comes in a packet on the shipping box if he bought it new.

oh - ok. Didn't know that was an actual sticker (with the number on it). That's prob why.

#4198 6 years ago
Quoted from Grateful_Pin:

Thanks for the help PBmatic...now can I get it back together

You're welcome - it was merccat who noticed the spring missing while I was running through my checklist of stuff to try.

#4199 6 years ago

so I'm back in the club for the third time. Plan to stay this time.

For the guys with green on their trees, where did you buy it and just glue?

#4200 6 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

so I'm back in the club for the third time. Plan to stay this time.
For the guys with green on their trees, where did you buy it and just glue?

Aquarium or pet store and I used tiny black wall screws

IMG_4733 (resized).JPGIMG_4733 (resized).JPG

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 43.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

14,356 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Roswell, GA
$ 55.00
Lighting - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 85.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

11,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Burlingame, CA
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 115.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 199.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 5.00
$ 24.50
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

13,000 (OBO)
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 3.75
Playfield - Protection
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 91.00
$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 29.99
Hardware
Classic Game Rooms

Lighting - Interactive
Pinball Mod Co.

10,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
San Jose, CA
There are 15,275 posts in this topic. You are on page 84 of 306.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/woz-fan-club-members-only/page/84 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.