767a905f-f768-44f4-b3e3-b2998967ff3c_text.gif
Photo Mar 30 2024, 5 42 30 PM (resized).jpg
20240316_125739 (resized).jpg
20240314_221748 (resized).jpg
20240314_215727 (resized).jpg
841FD4A1-7C8E-4E32-973D-DD8D05C4902E (resized).png
3D72BC84-0D17-44A1-B683-A17D4B722FF3 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

12 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 15,283 posts in this topic. You are on page 83 of 306.
#4101 6 years ago
Quoted from rai:

That's because you didn't have TWD pro ((I greatly prefer))
IMO like the rules of TWD more than other fast brutal pins and the pro just adds to the pace.
Someone once described Woz as Tspp (plus).
If Tspp was made by JJP with color changing lights like Woz with LCD that would be my dream pin.
If Woz approaches Tspp, let alone surpasses it I'm sure I'll love it.
Some also say Woz shoots like TZ that's my number one shooting/toys pin of all time.

LOL... ah... no.

I've had plenty of time on the Proand premium.

#4102 6 years ago
Quoted from rai:

I'd be interested in options regarding Woz, many have owned Woz 3+ years. Interested to hear from longtime owners love the game still? I'm planning to get my own RR late to the party but I'm mainly interested in a long term relationship. Hopefully Woz is something that's timeless and gets better with age. I've not played Woz enough to say yet but I think I've played enough to have an idea."

Personally I love my WOZ which I've owned since January 2014. I was the second owner and so didn't do the prepay option. I own MM, SM, SC, and TH SE and WOZ is my favorite per gameplay, code, the amount of toys, love melting the witch (only done that relatively rarely to probably many pinsiders but great thrill went accomplished) and the game never gets old to me.

As I've told some, if you want a very, very fast game like a Steve Ritchie pin, probably not a great choice unless you've have some of his designed or other fast pins and want a contrast. Some games if you're really good can last a long time depending on how many extra balls, how hard the settings or on and the things you can do to make the outlanes easier or harder. Personally I set mine up on fairly easier setting and liberal extra balls especially when I was a new owner. As I've improved I've adjusted to make it "less easy" but don't I would ever want to play it on it's hardest settings. Set up well re: amount of incline, waxed, cleaned and balls replaced as needed it plays plenty fast to me. Only thing in hindsight I might have changed is getting a RR (love the topper and "extras" on the playfield) over the Emerald LE but that's a real minor point and I'm happy with mine.

Although this is a WOZ thread just a quick note that I also own TH and like it okay but code is still being updated and I prefer WOZ's playfield. To me it has more of a fun factor overall. I consider WOZ great and TH as a good game that will improve as the code advances but I don't I will end up keeping it as long as WOZ.

#4103 6 years ago

Not sure if i'm also a member when owning just the playfield, but anyway. Did a project to animate the playfield with an Arduino UNO and WS 2812 RGB Led strips. Recorded the original animation and analysed it frame after frame so i know how the LEDs needs to be controlled. Workload was absolutely insane, never thought it would take that much time. A "bit" of soldering and a "bit" of coding".
But at the end i'm happy with the result. Enjoy!

#4104 6 years ago
Quoted from OlDirty:

Not sure if i'm also a member when owning just the playfield, but anyway. Did a project to animate the playfield with an Arduino UNO and WS 2812 RGB Led strips. Recorded the original animation and analysed it frame after frame so i know how the LEDs needs to be controlled. Workload was absolutely insane, never thought it would take that much time. A "bit" of soldering and a "bit" of coding".
» YouTube video

Great job and a nice piece of wall art to boot.

#4105 6 years ago
Quoted from OlDirty:

» YouTube video

Awesome job! Would love to get a copy if your open to that.

#4106 6 years ago

That is amazing! You Sir are a Wizard

#4107 6 years ago
Quoted from merccat:

Awesome job! Would love to get a copy if your open to that.

Copy of the source code? If you mean that i can send it to you.

#4108 6 years ago
Quoted from OlDirty:

» YouTube video

Great job! I want one. You should sell the lighting with program then just let us buy the playfield on our own.

#4109 6 years ago
Quoted from OlDirty:

» YouTube video

dude_far-out-man (resized).jpgdude_far-out-man (resized).jpg

#4110 6 years ago
Quoted from rai:

I'd be interested in options regarding Woz, many have owned Woz 3+ years. Interested to hear from longtime owners love the game still? I'm planning to get my own RR late to the party but I'm mainly interested in a long term relationship. Hopefully Woz is something that's timeless and gets better with age. I've not played Woz enough to say yet but I think I've played enough to have an idea.
Particularly regarding the code, I believe Tspp is (in my experience) the best pinball code plus LotR. Hopefully Woz code is as good or better than those great games. It's surely gotten enough time to develop and many updates. I've been advised from other owners how great Woz is, and especially since I'm all about the code it sounds like exactly the pin for me.
Was debating DI (newer) but kept coming back to Woz especially after viewing some tutorials as up to now I really didn't understand what was going on (have just read the rules a few times also).

TSPP, WOZ and LOTR probably make up the top 3 deepest games of all time. WOZ has a lot of gimmicks and a ton of shots and flippers just like TZ. If you love TSPP, LOTR and TZ, you will love WOZ. For me it's my #1 favorite game ever and I cannot see selling either of mine (one in my parents' basement) for a long time. It would be the last pin I'd sell currently. My RR WOZ is the crown jewel of my collection.

#4111 6 years ago
Quoted from KingBW:

Great job! I want one. You should sell the lighting with program then just let us buy the playfield on our own.

Nobody would pay the hours you need to solder all the LEDs, make a frame,... But if you like you can have the code for free of course.

#4112 6 years ago
Quoted from TRAMD:

TSPP, WOZ and LOTR probably make up the top 3 deepest games of all time. WOZ has a lot of gimmicks and a ton of shots and flippers just like TZ. If you love TSPP, LOTR and TZ, you will love WOZ. For me it's my #1 favorite game ever and I cannot see selling either of mine (one in my parents' basement) for a long time. It would be the last pin I'd sell currently. My RR WOZ is the crown jewel of my collection.

Thanks, I'm getting a NIB RR, I know that it's better to buy pre-owned if I plan to sell it shortly. But I've a feeling that I will probably keep it so I'm not worried about the immediate devaluation of a new pin.

I know not everyone loves Woz, but I love Tspp and TZ and I love the Woz theme, so I'm betting it will be a keeper.

#4113 6 years ago
Quoted from rai:

Thanks, I'm getting a NIB RR, I know that it's better to buy pre-owned if I plan to sell it shortly. But I've a feeling that I will probably keep it so I'm not worried about the immediate devaluation of a new pin.
I know not everyone loves Woz, but I love Tspp and TZ and I love the Woz theme, so I'm betting it will be a keeper.

Have both TSPP and TZ myself. Woz is my fav, as other said, it would be the last to go in my small collection.

#4114 6 years ago
Quoted from arcadenerd925:

Have both TSPP and TZ myself. Woz is my fav, as other said, it would be the last to go in my small collection.

I've got the trade worked out for my STLE plus cash, just waiting for delivery and since it's out of state the buyer who is also a dealer is waiting to have more deliverys in the area. So I don't have a date yet.

Meanwhile I'll just play STLE a bit more before it goes away.

#4115 6 years ago
Quoted from TRAMD:

Wondering if I should change out my Emerald LE for a RR since its been one thing after another since I bought this dang thing

#4116 6 years ago
Quoted from WyseGuy:

Wondering if I should change out my Emerald LE for a RR since its been one thing after another since I bought this dang thing

Heck, I missed the boat on the good price ECLE when they were $6500 preorder but I also escaped the loooong wait and pains with both the hardware and code.

I was concerned initially with JJP being a startup that it might have evolved into a DP situation if there was a possibility of not thriving maybe parts would be an issue down the road. Hopefully JJP is on firm ground now with Woz selling well and DI seems to be selling well too. I know I'm paying the market price but hopefully my contribution to Jacks bottom line will be put back into the future products and help make the company a continued success.

#4117 6 years ago
Quoted from WyseGuy:

Whats wrong with your ECLE? Personally, I would fix it VS swapping for an RR. ECLE's with the direct print cab, wood apron, etc, etc are really one of a kind.

#4118 6 years ago

Sorry for the simple question, but googling or searching Pinside brings up a zillion false positives.

What exactly does the crystal ball do for gameplay?

Also, I'm about 6'4" and I had to bend down to see the ball's video. Is it adjustable?

... Altan

#4119 6 years ago
Quoted from altan:

Sorry for the simple question, but googling or searching Pinside brings up a zillion false positives.
Also, I'm about 6'4" and I had to bend down to see the ball's video. Is it adjustable?
... Altan

For gameplay? Zero. It displays what was last hit, not what you need to hit like you would think a crystal ball would do. I NEVER look at it. It's worthless.

#4120 6 years ago
Quoted from merccat:

Yeah the super shiny ones from Marco are very pretty but not appropriate for use in games with magnets. It gets worse too... eventually they start sticking to each other in your ball trough and up in the munchkin huts causing issues with ball recognition.
I'm currently using a set of standard balls I got from them at a recent show. They look fine and no more magnetic balls. Nice thing about getting them from Marco's booth at a show is you can pick them out yourself. I've never seen one with a chip or anything but just paranoid I guess. They coat them with a little oil to keep from rusting while in storage so make sure to clean them up before installing.

Thanks Merccat

Actually the ones I bought were the Marco Standard Balls, not the shiny ones but the ones they advertise resisting magnetism item PB116-5. Within 20 games on my WOZ they start to get magnetized and by about 30 games they are sticking to the rails, the trough and even the castle doors being virtually unplayable. WOZ is a magnet happy game but the Marco Standards do not work unless some how I got three bad packages-all 15 did the same thing. However the factory balls from JJP went about 350 games before they started to get a even the slightest bit magnetized.

#4121 6 years ago
Quoted from 1quartershort:

Thanks Merccat
Actually the ones I bought were the Marco Standard Balls, not the shiny ones but the ones they advertise resisting magnetism item PB116-5. Within 20 games on my WOZ they start to get magnetized and by about 30 games they are sticking to the rails, the trough and even the castle doors being virtually unplayable. WOZ is a magnet happy game but the Marco Standards do not work unless some how I got three bad packages-all 15 did the same thing. However the factory balls from JJP went about 350 games before they started to get a even the slightest bit magnetized.

Somone was mentioning "Oh So Shiney" balls from pinball life and said they have good magnetism resistance, but not sure if they had used in WOZ... there are not many other games out there with as many magnets. Might try to find a set and give them a shot.

But yeah... magenitized balls really mess stuff up.

#4122 6 years ago

I bought my ECLE a few months ago for $6500 (second hand, HUO) and JJP has been great with support. We have had LED issues and now issues with monkey, skill shot by trees, and the witch. It's hard for me to diagnose as I'm very new to all of this. I need to contact JJP and see if maybe I can ship the machine to them and have them make it perfect for me. Our local pinball guru isn't familiar with JJP machines so he makes me nervous. At this point I'm not real worried about the cost, I just want to play this beauty and have it at 100%.

#4123 6 years ago
Quoted from Pimp77:

For gameplay? Zero. It displays what was last hit, not what you need to hit like you would think a crystal ball would do. I NEVER look at it. It's worthless.

Lions and tigers and pins, oh my!

#4124 6 years ago
Quoted from Pimp77:

It can give you hints as to what is available to hit. I look at it once in awhile and its fun!

#4125 6 years ago
Quoted from WyseGuy:

I bought my ECLE a few months ago for $6500 (second hand, HUO) and JJP has been great with support. We have had LED issues and now issues with monkey, skill shot by trees, and the witch. It's hard for me to diagnose as I'm very new to all of this. I need to contact JJP and see if maybe I can ship the machine to them and have them make it perfect for me. Our local pinball guru isn't familiar with JJP machines so he makes me nervous. At this point I'm not real worried about the cost, I just want to play this beauty and have it at 100%.

The issues you have mentioned are not difficult to address. Some are quite easy. With the support from this forum, JJP and Lloyd you will have it running perfectly very quickly.

Just break it down to one thing at a time.

#4126 6 years ago
Quoted from pinballinreno:

The issues you have mentioned are not difficult to address. Some are quite easy. With the support from this forum, JJP and Lloyd you will have it running perfectly very quickly.
Just break it down to one thing at a time.

Thanks. Very green when it comes to this stuff, no pun intended

#4127 6 years ago

It can give you hints as to what is available to hit. I look at it once in awhile and its fun!

It doesn't give hints. It reacts to your shots...sometimes it is delayed and may appear to be showing something you need, but it's really not. It's still a neat feature that looks cool, but totally worthless gameplay-wise.

#4128 6 years ago
Quoted from Pimp77:

It doesn't give hints. It reacts to your shots...sometimes it is delayed and may appear to be showing something you need, but it's really not. It's still a neat feature that looks cool, but totally worthless gameplay-wise.

But its a crystal ball! Its supposed to see into the future lol

#4129 6 years ago
Quoted from WyseGuy:

I dont think shipping it back to JJP would be a wise option, there are going to be things that come up here and there (and you're not going to be able to ship it back every time). If you (or the pinball repair guy you referenced) are down to do a littler learning you can get things fixed up locally.

Like pinballinreno said, just break it down to a list and description of the problems and take care of it one at a time.

#4130 6 years ago
Quoted from arcadenerd925:

I dont think shipping it back to JJP would be a wise option, there are going to be things that come up here and there (and you're not going to be able to ship it back every time). If you (or the pinball repair guy you referenced) are down to do a littler learning you can get things fixed up locally.
Like pinballinreno said, just break it down to a list and description of the problems and take care of it one at a time.

Not to mention that things will shake loose during transport (like connectors and switches) and potentially create other issues you have to track down.

#4131 6 years ago
Quoted from altan:

... Altan

As noted, the images on the crystal ball do nothing for gameplay. However, just in case you were asking about the crystal ball modes, each one adds a ball, creates 2x playfield scoring and messes with your game in some way. Love those modes!

#4132 6 years ago
Quoted from altan:

... Altan

I am 6'1" and I would need to be about 5" shorter to see it correctly. I just ignore it.

I killed the Witch for the first time tonight and set a new GC score. I am hoping that some day I can get to SOTOR. My favorite game of all time continues to enthrall me.

I am also ordering a bunch of mods for the flagship of my collection. I only have the red smoke mod at this point.

#4133 6 years ago
Quoted from TRAMD:

I am 6'1" and I would need to be about 5" shorter to see it correctly. I just ignore it..

Thanks for your input even if it's depressing. The crystal ball does nothing useful and tall people cannot even see it.

#4134 6 years ago
Quoted from altan:

Thanks for your input even if it's depressing. The crystal ball does nothing useful and tall people cannot even see it.

I am 6' 2" and I can see it clearly...I look at it all the time, its fun!

#4135 6 years ago

I am 6' 2" and I can see it clearly...I look at it all the time, its fun!

Are you 6'2" in guy height or actual height? I am 6'2" in guy height.

OK, joking aside...how? Do you lean way over when you play? Did you adjust it somehow? I have two WOZ and both appear to be made for someone about 5'7".

#4136 6 years ago
Quoted from TRAMD:

Are you 6'2" in guy height or actual height? I am 6'2" in guy height.
OK, joking aside...how? Do you lean way over when you play? Did you adjust it somehow? I have two WOZ and both appear to be made for someone about 5'7".

I guess it just depends on where you stand or your position?

#4137 6 years ago

I'm 5'10" and can see the crystal ball fine. I stood on my tiptoes as an experiment and can see the ball fine. I think it is how you stand. If I press myself all the way up to the glass and stand on my tiptoes, that's when I start having trouble.

#4138 6 years ago

I think I stand pretty tall when playing pinball. I believe my arms are nearly straight. Oh well, the crystal ball doesn't really matter anyway.

#4139 6 years ago

So I was looking under my playfield yesterday and noticed this cable unplugged and the Red and the Vio inputs are both free.
It looks like it belong in the Red slot but should there also be one for Violet? What does this board do anyway? There doesn't seem to be any problem that I can see with it unplugged.

IMG_2957 (resized).JPGIMG_2957 (resized).JPG

#4140 6 years ago
Quoted from dluth:

So I was looking under my playfield yesterday and noticed this cable unplugged and the Red and the Vio inputs are both free.
It looks like it belong in the Red slot but should there also be one for Violet? What does this board do anyway? There doesn't seem to be any problem that I can see with it unplugged.

There may be a marking on the connector itself which can give you a clue as to which color slot it plugs into.
Those are the Opto boards. And i'm pretty sure violet remains unplugged, but not 100%.

#4141 6 years ago

Thanks, actually it is marked a purple colour so I guess it goes into Violet and maybe Red remains unplugged...

#4142 6 years ago
Quoted from dluth:

Thanks, actually it is marked a purple colour so I guess it goes into Violet and maybe Red remains unplugged...

Looking at the manual, YES, it does appear that RED remains unplugged on the LEFT SIDE Opto board. Looks like GREEN remains unplugged on the RIGHT SIDE board.

#4143 6 years ago

Ya know, I have to admit when I make mistakes or in this case, wrong..really wrong! I was in the initial pre-orders in 2010/11? Could have had an ECLE for $6500 with my newborn's b-day as a number. It was going to be his pin. I bailed thinking that price was too high at the time and instead bailed and went for a TSPP. Sold that game as friends thought TSPP was too complicated. Many pins later, I had a chance to pull the trigger again for a standard. Bailed again because of code and call outs. Didn't think they fit. So much for listening to snippets or bad YouTube videos.

Well after finally getting this game in my house it has quickly become my son's favorite. He tells all his friends, they have to see it. If I turn it on he is quickly right behind me wanting to play. Friends think it is cool and just play it since other than JJP pins there is really nothing else like it. It is a special showpiece. I'm slowly turning this into a Standard in Name Only. It's not leaving!

#4144 6 years ago

I like the standards stainless trim and ramps more than green or ruby but to each his own and I like the standards topper better.

Game is a masterpiece imho

#4145 6 years ago
Quoted from rockrand:

I like the standards stainless trim and ramps more than green or ruby but to each his own and I like the standards topper better.

The standards topper is better for sure, but I like the sparkly green best for trim. It's why my ECLE has a standard topper.

#4146 6 years ago
Quoted from rockrand:

Is it ever!!!!!

#4147 6 years ago
Quoted from Pimp77:

The standards topper is better for sure, but I like the sparkly green best for trim. It's why my ECLE has a standard topper.

Yep. I added the green trim, and legs. It's purdy!

#4148 6 years ago

Everyone knows red is the best!

#4149 6 years ago
Quoted from rai:

Everyone knows red is the best!

Red Rules!

#4150 6 years ago

Red topper is the best!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 130.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Wanted
$ 16.95
$ 395.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

14,356 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Roswell, GA
$ 55.00
Lighting - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

Playfield - Other
RavSpec

Lighting - Interactive
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 85.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 24.50
$ 345.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
St. Clair Shores, MI
$ 43.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 15,283 posts in this topic. You are on page 83 of 306.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/woz-fan-club-members-only/page/83 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.