767a905f-f768-44f4-b3e3-b2998967ff3c_text.gif
Photo Mar 30 2024, 5 42 30 PM (resized).jpg
20240316_125739 (resized).jpg
20240314_221748 (resized).jpg
20240314_215727 (resized).jpg
841FD4A1-7C8E-4E32-973D-DD8D05C4902E (resized).png
3D72BC84-0D17-44A1-B683-A17D4B722FF3 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

12 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 15,286 posts in this topic. You are on page 82 of 306.
#4051 6 years ago
Quoted from pinballinreno:

Im just saddened that the sparkly ruby slipper flippers didnt work out and are out of production, they were cool!
I replaced mine with the new red ones and they actually work a bit better as I think they are stiffer, but still I loved the sparkly ones.

They don't have the slippers on the newer games? Or are you talking about the bats themselves?

#4052 6 years ago

The bats themselves. Originally they had a bat with sparkles but they ended up not being durable enough so they went with a solid bat. The red slippers are still on top.

#4053 6 years ago
Quoted from merccat:

The bats themselves. Originally they had a bat with sparkles but they ended up not being durable enough so they went with a solid bat. The red slippers are still on top.

Oh, ok. Yeah, the bats were replaced VERY early on as the sparkly ones were breaking.

#4054 6 years ago
Quoted from pinballinreno:

Im just saddened that the sparkly ruby slipper flippers didnt work out and are out of production, they were cool!

Agreed,
I took off my black bats and put sparkly ones on. Even without the slippers they look much better than that black ones. They do break so buy a couple extra for when they need replacing.
You can get these from BayAreaAmusements they even have the JJP Logo on em.
http://bayareaamusements.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=JJP-30-0012-02

JJP-30-0012-02L (resized).jpgJJP-30-0012-02L (resized).jpg

#4055 6 years ago
Quoted from merccat:

My understanding is that the only advantage the 2.0 boards have is that should one go out you no longer need to manually disable and bypass it since they are all in isolation. Also different cable system *might* end up being more reliable than the current wires but as long as your not messin with stuff...

Why did JJP decide to go to all the hassle of changing the lighting system on its flagship game that has been produced for 4+ years with the new design? Including new parts/new drawings/ new code, etc...

My guess is that the change happened because the new system is significantly better than the old system.

I have a beautiful RR with the old system that I will sell to anyone that is dying to get there hands on the old boards so I can replace it with a new RR with the new light system.

#4056 6 years ago
Quoted from fnosm:

Why did JJP decide to go to all the hassle of changing the lighting system on its flagship game that has been produced for 4+ years with the new design? Including new parts/new drawings/ new code, etc...
My guess is that the change happened because the new system is significantly better than the old system.
I have a beautiful RR with the old system that I will sell to anyone that is dying to get there hands on the old boards so I can replace it with a new RR with the new light system.

I think exactly because it is their flagship game which they will be continuing to produce and they wanted to keep system design in alignment with current/future games.

Also makes for easier diagnostics since one board doesn't knock out everything downstream. More accurate diagnosis means faster service times and fewer returns of perfectly fine boards.

Also improves route operations as an operator doesn't have to worry about a board early in the chain taking the game out of service entirely and having to make an immediate service call.

#4057 6 years ago
Quoted from rai:

Was curious about the horse targets, if people worry about collecting them or does it just happen?

It's pretty hard to collect the horses on purpose. I usually let it happen but keep an eye on it. If I have a "win", I may think about collecting depending upon what else is going on in the game. Hitting the collect shot outright, I brick about 90% of the time. It is a really hard shot. But, sometimes I do go for it. If I'm in MB and can trap two balls on the right flipper, I can often do a quick backhand flip to collect.

#4058 6 years ago

Finally, melted the witch. How awesome, had one chance missed got another chance and did it.

I haven't done it since the very early code, once . I played quite a few games tonight and got nowhere, then bang.
My wife got it on video she said too many prior false alarms with camera.

#4059 6 years ago
Quoted from Pimp77:

By the way...the lighting system "issue" is waaay overblown in my opinion. I had one bad board on mine immediately upon unboxing my game years ago (a single GI board, 7.5 V -no buffer board). I did the bypass board thing and the game played perfect without it. When I received the replacement board I installed it and unbypassed it. It's been rock-solid ever since. Only other issue I've had in the years I've had it was a bad Wizard Head LED strip. That was a cheap 5 minute replacement.
Saying that, I know people had real issues with the 5v boards and were having to replace them like crazy...7.5v boards are solid in my experience.

I agree with this... a few months ago I contacted JJP about the rumor of parts/chips disappearing and had a great conversation with the guy that engineered the whole system. He says JJP has mountains of parts and repairs can be made if necessary. Yes, some people have had issues, but name one Pinball machine/system that doesn't have issues.

I think spending time worrying about it is a waste of time. No guarantee that a 2.0 game won't develop issues.

#4060 6 years ago
Quoted from fnosm:

Nope. They changed because one of the parts (a chip) has been discontinued. They bought tons of the remaining chips for repairs.

#4061 6 years ago
Quoted from rai:

Hey all.
I am pondering to buy a new Woz. I believe will be new (if I can swing it) but I am somewhat concerned with if there are some issues with Woz specifically does it break down more than a typical game.
I am not trying to start any trouble, I just was curious, also if I was buying new would that be better such as light board issues which I've hears so much about.
Also what the best way to add GI lighting, is there a kit that I can buy?
I'm off to play my friends RR pin hopefully I will decide to get WoZ (Other pin I'm considering is AFMr)
thanks

Phil - don't add lighting... you'll ruin the awesome WOZ lighting experience! I ply mine in the dark - no issues

#4062 6 years ago
Quoted from 27dnast:

Phil - don't add lighting... you'll ruin the awesome WOZ lighting experience! I ply mine in the dark - no issues

I totally agree. Effective lighting has as much or more to do with what is not lit (shadow is a major component to lighting). WOZ uses that principle well. The machine has the lighting capacity to blow it out and practically blind you, but doesn't all the time for a reason.

It's designed to treat the playfield more like a stage rather than a stadium.

#4063 6 years ago

The lighting kit from Pinballbulbs lights the game nicely. The original lighting was insufficient to play in the dark, IMHO.

#4064 6 years ago
Quoted from 27dnast:

Nope. They changed because one of the parts (a chip) has been discontinued. They bought tons of the remaining chips for repairs.

A system that requires a huge stockpile of replacements in addition to being completely replaced sounds like a system to avoid.

Not complaining, I encourage innovation and I am a big fan of what JJP has done and how they continue to push the boundaries. No other manufacturer comes close to the level of innovation that JJP puts into its games. That is why I am a JJP customer and will continue to be. Sometimes it works sometimes not. To me this is a case of not and if I was in the market for a RRWOZ, knowing what I know now (BEST PINBALL MACHINE EVER!!!!) and having had the issues I had with my lights I would pay extra for a new machine with the new system v. saving some scratch and getting the daisy chain version.

I know there are people that get off on figuring out why their machine isn't working. That isn't me. I want to be able to quickly id the problem and fix it. My experience was one of extreme frustration playing whack-a-mole with this lighting system. Its not for me and if you are like me and want a simpler troubleshooting process, the new system is the way to go.

#4065 6 years ago
Quoted from merccat:

I totally agree. Effective lighting has as much or more to do with what is not lit (shadow is a major component to lighting). WOZ uses that principle well. The machine has the lighting capacity to blow it out and practically blind you, but doesn't all the time for a reason.
It's designed to treat the playfield more like a stage rather than a stadium.

Said way more eloquently than my dribble, but agree 1000%!

#4066 6 years ago
Quoted from fnosm:

A system that requires a huge stockpile of replacements in addition to being completely replaced sounds like a system to avoid.
Not complaining, I encourage innovation and I am a big fan of what JJP has done and how they continue to push the boundaries. No other manufacturer comes close to the level of innovation that JJP puts into its games. That is why I am a JJP customer and will continue to be. Sometimes it works sometimes not. To me this is a case of not and if I was in the market for a RRWOZ, knowing what I know now (BEST PINBALL MACHINE EVER!!!!) and having had the issues I had with my lights I would pay extra for a new machine with the new system v. saving some scratch and getting the daisy chain version.
I know there are people that get off on figuring out why their machine isn't working. That isn't me. I want to be able to quickly id the problem and fix it. My experience was one of extreme frustration playing whack-a-mole with this lighting system. Its not for me and if you are like me and want a simpler troubleshooting process, the new system is the way to go.

They only bought the stock to have it on hand...makes sense. It's not like they are preparing for replacement battle. Technology just changed and grew. It was inevitable. Every system out there ages and eventually becomes obsolete...look at the current Stern node boards (not to mention that JJP 2.0 boards could easily turn into JJP 3.0 in a few years). You want to talk about a nightmare? What happens when Stern moves on from those (or changes designs) and buyers have an issue (and folks are having issues right now). I'm not sure about you, but I have station and can repair most parts on a WPC board...but those SMD boards are impossible for the average person to tackle.

Some people had light board issues, yes. But most people didn't (and don't). And if you talk to Butch (not read the internet full of arm chair QBs), it's apparent that JJP knows exactly what's going on and have prepared to service customers as long as they are in business.

#4067 6 years ago

Hello WOZ Fans,

I am happy to say that I just took delivery of a new 75th edition this week. It was a long time coming to finally get the game and it plays and looks great. I was looking at getting some lighting for the tornado that is now included with the game. I like what I see on the WOZMOD.com site but have been emailing to see if the mod is still available and haven't heard back since earlier this week. Does anyone know if WOZMOD.com is still selling these mods or is there an alternative?

Thanks

#4068 6 years ago

I'm still waiting for my Woz. But I wanted to explain why I decided to pick Woz over any number of possible games.

I like the theme so that helps but I also like what JJP did with the theme. I won't go into the details but you guys own it so you know. Like the witches casting spells on the machine etc..

I love the construction (no corners cut) and because it has been successful and well liked it is still in production that tells me something as well. I know some don't like WoZ some may actually hate the pin, but those that do like it (27dnast) and others have swayed me.

One thing that I have really started to enjoy about pinball is the rules. I got LotR, Tspp, TWD and enjoy the rules quite a lot. I've also had some games with rules that were just ok (ST and XM). Not saying they are Superbad but they really seem unfinished either bugs, missing parts, or just not quite great. I mean when I play a MB or a mode and I don't feel one way or another about it. Just like let me get this MB over with, I don't care.

Now looking at Woz which had a long and labored birth that was a pain but to me that's not any concern and may have made it stronger. Keith was able to work almost 2 years on the game before release. And with TH taking also long to complete, Keith was able to work on 2-3 games in 6+ years (however you want to divide it up) but Woz has been able to have the longest time to bake.

I looked at Stern (TWD a masterpiece) maybe one of the best but other games like Kiss or TAV probably not great. TWD has had 12code updates since release but two were one line like a single bug fix. And start to finish Lyman spent 2 years (while also working on other games).

Woz has had 43 code updates and (maybe) more to come? Keith has been on Woz for 6+ years. I know he has not been solely on Woz thats not the point, but Lyman does a game a year. He's fantastic but he's only one man and there are only so many hours in a day. I know Lyman has help but so does Keith, and just seems to me giving both credit as great programmers if one has 6 years (two years full time early on plus 4 years of less time while working on additional games).

Unless Lyman comes out with more code for Tron, TWD, Metallica, AcDc they are likely to be done. But with Woz still in production and JJP reliant on selling the few pins in their stable they probably are more likely to go the extra mile.

Stern does a great job at making 3-4 games a year, keeping the new titles coming out. That's great and fine, they have made many great pins. I just wonder if they might have made been better off making less number but putting max effort into a few pins.

AcDc is great but not as great as it could have been. Woz and AcDc began development around the same time but Stern made another 14 pins since then (not counting IMVE or WNBJM). The last code update for AcDc was 3 years ago. I know Stern has more teams maybe 3x more teams but they sill put out more games per team, Lyman has worked on AcDc, Met, TWD, SMVE, BM66 plus gone back to work on Tron over the past 6 years while Keith has been more focused on Woz plus the 2 later games.

#4069 6 years ago
Quoted from rai:

I'm still waiting for my Woz. But I wanted to explain why I decided to pick Woz over any number of possible games.
I like the theme so that helps but I also like what JJP did with the theme. I won't go into the details but you guys own it so you know. Like the witches casting spells on the machine etc..
I love the construction (no corners cut) and because it has been successful and well liked it is still in production that tells me something as well. I know some don't like WoZ some may actually hate the pin, but those that do like it (27dnast) and others have swayed me.
One thing that I have really started to enjoy about pinball is the rules. I got LotR, Tspp, TWD and enjoy the rules quite a lot. I've also had some games with rules that were just ok (ST and XM). Not saying they are Superbad but they really seem unfinished either bugs, missing parts, or just not quite great. I mean when I play a MB or a mode and I don't feel one way or another about it. Just like let me get this MB over with, I don't care.
Now looking at Woz which had a long and labored birth that was a pain but to me that's not any concern and may have made it stronger. Keith was able to work almost 2 years on the game before release. And with TH taking also long to complete, Keith was able to work on 2-3 games in 6+ years (however you want to divide it up) but Woz has been able to have the longest time to bake.
I looked at Stern (TWD a masterpiece) maybe one of the best but other games like Kiss or TAV probably not great. TWD has had 12code updates since release but two were one line like a single bug fix. And start to finish Lyman spent 2 years (while also working on other games).
Woz has had 43 code updates and (maybe) more to come? Keith has been on Woz for 6+ years. I know he has not been solely on Woz thats not the point, but Lyman does a game a year. He's fantastic but he's only one man and there are only so many hours in a day. I know Lyman has help but so does Keith, and just seems to me giving both credit as great programmers if one has 6 years (two years full time early on plus 4 years of less time while working on additional games).
Unless Lyman comes out with more code for Tron, TWD, Metallica, AcDc they are likely to be done. But with Woz still in production and JJP reliant on selling the few pins in their stable they probably are more likely to go the extra mile.
Stern does a great job at making 3-4 games a year, keeping the new titles coming out. That's great and fine, they have made many great pins. I just wonder if they might have made been better off making less number but putting max effort into a few pins.
AcDc is great but not as great as it could have been. Woz and AcDc began development around the same time but Stern made another 14 pins since then (not counting IMVE or WNBJM). The last code update for AcDc was 3 years ago. I know Stern has more teams maybe 3x more teams but they sill put out more games per team, Lyman has worked on AcDc, Met, TWD, SMVE, BM66 plus gone back to work on Tron over the past 6 years while Keith has been more focused on Woz plus the 2 later games.

WOZ is a great game hope you love it. I keep games at home for a while, put them in a pub for 9 months and then make a decision on whether to keep it or not. WOZ made my keep list

Get the red smoke witch. Makes the game.

#4070 6 years ago
Quoted from rai:

AcDc is great but not as great as it could have been. .

Blasphemy!

#4071 6 years ago

Lower PF is fun to shoot but it's kind of pointless as you can't loose the ball and not any ridk reward.

Lower PF could have side mode with a hurry up needing to hit a certain number of shots for big points or no points if you miss, lower PF could run concurrently with main PF like on tspp or Woz

Etc..

#4072 6 years ago
Quoted from clg:

Get the red smoke witch. Makes the game.

on the list !!

#4073 6 years ago

Anyone have a good brand or type of rubber to recommend for the roll over 'munchkin' sling? Had mine at factory 4. Factory rubber lasted maybe 2 years PL rubber lasted maybe 6 months. I turned it down to 2 and will try another pl rubber. But open to more durable rubber (black? Silicone?) Or setting

#4074 6 years ago
Quoted from fnosm:

The lighting kit from Pinballbulbs lights the game nicely. The original lighting was insufficient to play in the dark, IMHO.

pics?

#4075 6 years ago

Those with Polk sub or any sub attached what is suggested way with JJ games? I was thinking plug from machine and split into red and white into the sub

#4076 6 years ago

Same way you do it with stern or Bw games. You can connect directly to the lugs on the cabinet speaker.

#4077 6 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Those with Polk sub or any sub attached what is suggested way with JJ games? I was thinking plug from machine and split into red and white into the sub

This was the easiest. I have it done this way no problems. Just make sure the audio port on the back is attached to the computer inside.

#4078 6 years ago
Quoted from Guzz4851:

This was the easiest. I have it done this way no problems. Just make sure the audio port on the back is attached to the computer inside.

When you say audio port in back connected to PC - that's what I am plugging into and I tried yesterday and the sub is working. Is there anything else I need to do to connect it to the computer?

Also when I power the game on I can hear a pop noise from the sub. Seems like it's the power signal reaching the sub but it's louder than expected. My son isn't on too strong either

#4079 6 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

When you say audio port in back connected to PC - that's what I am plugging into and I tried yesterday and the sub is working. Is there anything else I need to do to connect it to the computer?
Also when I power the game on I can hear a pop noise from the sub. Seems like it's the power signal reaching the sub but it's louder than expected. My son isn't on too strong either

The pop is typical. Some subs can filter for it others don't. If it's working your done. Checking that it's plugged in is just a precaution as sometimes wires get pulled on and it unplugged (it's only a headphone jack after all).

#4080 6 years ago

Recently, I noticed my Gi is different colors. These pictures are taken right after starting a game and with the ball still in the shooter lane. They should be all white GI at this point correct? They all change color correctly during gameplay and attract mode. Any idea whats up with this? Maybe the most recent code caused this?

IMG_2576 (resized).jpgIMG_2576 (resized).jpg

IMG_2698 (resized).jpgIMG_2698 (resized).jpg

#4081 6 years ago

Looks like one of your light boards are starting to fail.

#4082 6 years ago
Quoted from Jakers:

Recently, I noticed my Gi is different colors. These pictures are taken right after starting a game and with the ball still in the shooter lane. They should be all white GI at this point correct? They all change color correctly during gameplay and attract mode. Any idea whats up with this? Maybe the most recent code caused this?

flip game on and off then go into test menu and do the color code check and let me know if colors are swapped when testing. If it also affects monitor testing of swapped colors it is a code issue currently being worked on. Do you have a most recent build?

#4083 6 years ago
Quoted from Vyzer2:

Looks like one of your light boards are starting to fail.

Yup, had this happen on my GI as well a couple months back. Called JJP and specified which ones I wanted (i think I had narrowed it down to two GI boards), had new ones by the end of the week, swapped them out and problem solved. I was in warranty so no charge but I think even if your out of warranty those small GI boards are only somewhere around 25 bucks each.

#4084 6 years ago

My idea for a KILLER WOZ mod (please someone make it, I don't have the time): put a Whirlwind type fan topper on the game and activate it whenever the house spinning motor is running. Would be spectacular! Dress up the topper to look like the WOZ tornado and we'll have a winning mod that would sell thousands.

#4085 6 years ago
Quoted from Pimp77:

My idea for a KILLER WOZ mod (please someone make it, I don't have the time): put a Whirlwind type fan topper on the game and activate it whenever the house spinning motor is running. Would be spectacular! Dress up the topper to look like the WOZ tornado and we'll have a winning mod that would sell thousands.

Hmm Whats something like that worth to possible consumer?

#4086 6 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Sounds like you got it. If it works, that's it. The pop is normal, most all my games do that. No worries there. I suggested the computer connection because sometimes the cord on the inside leading from the port to the computer is unplugged for whatever reason. So when the sub is plugged into the headphone port, it doesn't work. Sounds like yours was fine and you are set like others have said. Really makes a difference in the machine. Enjoy.

#4087 6 years ago
Quoted from Pimp77:

Depends on how awesome the mod is. i.e. How powerful (yet quiet) the fan is, how it's integrated into the game, how it looks, etc, etc.

#4088 6 years ago
Quoted from Pimp77:

Depends on how awesome the mod is. i.e. How powerful (yet quiet) the fan is, how it's integrated into the game, how it looks, etc, etc.

Working on a prototype next week

#4089 6 years ago

I'd be interested in options regarding Woz, many have owned Woz 3+ years. Interested to hear from longtime owners love the game still? I'm planning to get my own RR late to the party but I'm mainly interested in a long term relationship. Hopefully Woz is something that's timeless and gets better with age. I've not played Woz enough to say yet but I think I've played enough to have an idea.

Particularly regarding the code, I believe Tspp is (in my experience) the best pinball code plus LotR. Hopefully Woz code is as good or better than those great games. It's surely gotten enough time to develop and many updates. I've been advised from other owners how great Woz is, and especially since I'm all about the code it sounds like exactly the pin for me.

Was debating DI (newer) but kept coming back to Woz especially after viewing some tutorials as up to now I really didn't understand what was going on (have just read the rules a few times also).

#4090 6 years ago
Quoted from rai:

I'd be interested in options regarding Woz, many have owned Woz 3+ years. Interested to hear from longtime owners love the game still? I'm planning to get my own RR late to the party but I'm mainly interested in a long term relationship. Hopefully Woz is something that's timeless and gets better with age. I've not played Woz enough to say yet but I think I've played enough to have an idea.
Particularly regarding the code, I believe Tspp is (in my experience) the best pinball code plus LotR. Hopefully Woz code is as good or better than those great games. It's surely gotten enough time to develop and many updates. I've been advised from other owners how great Woz is, and especially since I'm all about the code it sounds like exactly the pin for me.
Was debating DI (newer) but kept coming back to Woz especially after viewing some tutorials as up to now I really didn't understand what was going on (have just read the rules a few times also).

Still love mine. It would be the last to leave my game room.

#4091 6 years ago

I still love the game. Always working on getting a larger stack of the modes going simultaneously

#4092 6 years ago

The code is so deep that if you ever tire of one path you can simply choose another... focus on crystal balls for a while... or haunted modes... or munchkin modes... or rescuing dorothy.... or completing ECMB... or melting the witch... and more

I will say that even though I no longer play it with great regularity every time I do it's still an absolute blast. Its still the favorite of guests and just a joy to know I can go play it anytime... in fact... I think I will right now.

Edit: and oh yeah! Stacking! What a rush that is in this game!

#4093 6 years ago

I have my WOZ from the first container to Europe and still love it. I have 14 machines, so all are standing more or less just around and I play randomly. This days WhiWi and F-14 are played a lot. TH because it is my newest machine, but WOZ is also a longtime "keeper".
I would sell the TH before the WOZ. On WOZ is more love to details, the quality is better, the game is much much better.
From TH I am a little disappointed and looking forward fir DI!

WOZ is a keeper !

#4094 6 years ago

Good to hear.

I'm sure Woz is not for everyone, we've all seen the for sale threads with brand new Woz 100 plays for sale. But lucky for me I didn't get one 2-3 years ago. I was quite on the fence it hasn't been until last year when I actually started to enjoy Woz when I played at a friends house. Now that I fully understand the rules I bet I'll love it even more in my house.

In the past I'd start EC multiiball (didn't know why) and I'd play EC MB (didn't know what to hit) so it wasn't enjoyable. I never knew of the Witch hurry up or Fireball Frenzy, never got a CB or Forrest mode. I've only touched on the rules in my previous play time. No wonder it didn't click with me and maybe others who sell after 100 plays didn't understand what they were looking for as far as how to play.

#4095 6 years ago
Quoted from rai:

Good to hear.
I'm sure Woz is not for everyone, we've all seen the for sale threads with brand new Woz 100 plays for sale. But lucky for me I didn't get one 2-3 years ago. I was quite on the fence it hasn't been until last year when I actually started to enjoy Woz when I played at a friends house. Now that I fully understand the rules I bet I'll love it even more in my house.
In the past I'd start EC multiiball (didn't know why) and I'd play EC MB (didn't know what to hit) so it wasn't enjoyable. I never knew of the Witch hurry up or Fireball Frenzy, never got a CB or Forrest mode. I've only touched on the rules in my previous play time. No wonder it didn't click with me and maybe others who sell after 100 plays didn't understand what they were looking for as far as how to play.

It's so hard getting a feel for this pin playing on location. It was meant to be owned. The nuances of the rules, how deep they are, how you can stack things together, etc. only really come out in a home environment. And when you have one of those games when everything works out, it feels amazing.

Now, stop talking about it and buy the darn thing already.

#4096 6 years ago

My opinion is that people selling games with 100 or fewer plays after years either:
- Don't like playing pinball (even games I disliked I played a lot more than that)
- Accidentally reset stats without realizing it.
- Knowingly reset stats and are lying.

Our household put over 100 games on in the first week of ownership. Granted those were all very short games because it really kicked our butts for a while there.

#4097 6 years ago
Quoted from Nokoro:

Now, stop talking about it and buy the darn thing already.

I've got it on order waiting delivery. It's actually a trade for my STLE which I like but the code never grabbed me plus I have AcDc and SM for similar shots layout which both have better code imo of course.

Like to say, with my other pins Tron or IM with small rule set love them too but quite confined in ways to play probably Tron rules total would be one third of Woz as far as various objectives.

#4098 6 years ago

Masterpiece imho

#4099 6 years ago
Quoted from rai:

I've got it on order waiting delivery. It's actually a trade for my STLE which I like but the code never grabbed me plus I have AcDc and SM for similar shots layout which both have better code imo of course.
Like to say, with my other pins Tron or IM with small rule set love them too but quite confined in ways to play probably Tron rules total would be one third of Woz as far as various objectives.

You're going to have to get it home and judge for yourself. It's either going to captivate you, or you're gonna want to move it. That's going to be your call and how it aligns to what you enjoy in Pinball.

You frequently site TWD as a favorite pin of yours - as do many others. I had it for a year, grew tired of it, sold it, and haven't thought twice about it being gone. A lot of folks would never think of selling their TWD... I can't ever imagine wanting it in my collection again.

WOZ is, as the previous post suggests, a masterpiece. But, it's only a masterpiece in the eyes of folks who love it. I also think games like BSD and Taxi are masterpieces... I'm sure there are a lot of people who would disagree for the same reasons I would agree!

#4100 6 years ago
Quoted from 27dnast:

You frequently site TWD as a favorite pin of yours - as do many others. I had it for a year, grew tired of it, sold it, and haven't thought twice about it being gone. A lot of folks would never think of selling their TWD... I can't ever imagine wanting it in my collection again.

That's because you didn't have TWD pro ((I greatly prefer))

IMO like the rules of TWD more than other fast brutal pins and the pro just adds to the pace.

Someone once described Woz as Tspp (plus).

If Tspp was made by JJP with color changing lights like Woz with LCD that would be my dream pin.

If Woz approaches Tspp, let alone surpasses it I'm sure I'll love it.

Some also say Woz shoots like TZ that's my number one shooting/toys pin of all time.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 91.00
$ 345.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 16.95
$ 29.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

14,685 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Northport, NY
$ 199.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 85.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

9,300 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Santa Maria, CA
$ 100.00
Electronics
Led Pinball

Lighting - Interactive
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 5.00
$ 3.75
Playfield - Protection
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 24.50
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Stephenson, VA
$ 225.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 395.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 130.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Wanted
$ 29.99
Hardware
Classic Game Rooms

There are 15,286 posts in this topic. You are on page 82 of 306.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/woz-fan-club-members-only/page/82?hl=apinballwiz and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.