Topic Stats

• 9,762 posts
  • 528 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 hours ago by harryhoudini
  • Topic is favorited by 238 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 1,297 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

17F57B73-77DE-40B2-B3E3-7DE861C2B173 (resized).jpeg
0114202103 (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpeg
23DFA0F8-F7D9-42C7-8453-91C8A1D53110 (resized).jpeg
FD7E2A3C-284E-40FF-B7CA-E61EE101FC4D (resized).jpeg
48412A48-5DB3-409D-87E0-6561CAAC4287 (resized).jpeg
5A5C6F21-5817-44DD-AD1E-007D340956E3 (resized).jpeg
B46EE18D-238B-473F-9CCC-5C7024BE0644 (resized).jpeg
F7AAC952-38F1-4E43-A438-332C3312069A (resized).jpeg
54291594-2914-42B3-9F07-0D00BB386FA9 (resized).jpeg
8E504E51-718C-4C02-8AC5-CD6CDFE89043 (resized).jpeg
0241E615-0E07-4B7A-8CA3-CA4B3DE8CD87.jpeg
41FFFEBA-72F4-4B67-8ABE-84B207C59FA1.jpeg
3E45001E-B173-486D-8F98-DA99B261538F.jpeg
hallmark_2025 (resized).jpg
4DBCA69C-D905-4480-826D-DC07C7F064F9 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

8 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 9762 posts in this topic. You are on page 80 of 196.
#3951 2 years ago
Quoted from Nokoro:

That's pretty good. Isn't it like $500 purchased from JJP? I always figured it would be better to find one on your own if you needed it.

Yes they are not cheap new, but I bought this one from someone on EBay with a single pixel stuck Doesn't bother me in the least especially for the price I paid!!

#3952 2 years ago

Thought I may have read this somewhere but can't seem to find it....
Wanted to move the post on the left outlane (state fair side). Wanted to move inward to close the lane. There is a hole there, tried, but the metal guide is in the way, can't seem to get it to go. Was there an easy fix for this? It must work somehow just can't figure it out. Thanks.

#3953 2 years ago

Remove the rail screws

#3954 2 years ago
Quoted from Spg101:

Remove the rail screws

Doh! Thanks!

#3955 2 years ago

I had the same question and Loyd advised me the same. LOL!

#3956 2 years ago

The game is so much friendlier with that moved in as well. Before it was like if the ball even looked in that direction, in it would go.

#3957 2 years ago
Quoted from bobukcat:

Those sling GI boards are the only ones I've ever had a problem with and it has to be because they are so close to the flipper mechs. In my case neither board was bad, either time, it was just the cable and connector. I had to re-flow the solder on the connector on one and fix the cable on the other twice. I probably need to just order a new cable for the left one but so far, so good after my repair. If you haven't already make sure all boards are enabled and go into numbered led test, cycle until you're one the first one with a problem and then wiggle the cable on that board AND the two it's connected to and see if you get any changes. Good luck!

Seems 19,20 and 21 are all acting up. All show purple or red on individual test. Bit of color change when the cables are wiggled as per your suggestion, but can't get them to go white. Odd that all 3 go at once. Cables look ok as far as being seated in the "molex" connectors. I'll take what Keith suggested is the problem with the larger boards re the red/green switching, that makes sense. I'll but the 3 little boards and see if this fixes things.

#3958 2 years ago
Quoted from Guzz4851:

Thought I may have read this somewhere but can't seem to find it....
Wanted to move the post on the left outlane (state fair side). Wanted to move inward to close the lane. There is a hole there, tried, but the metal guide is in the way, can't seem to get it to go. Was there an easy fix for this? It must work somehow just can't figure it out. Thanks.

I bent mine with a big pair of pliers...

#3959 2 years ago

Added some Ruby Red walls

IMG_5154 (resized).JPG

IMG_5157 (resized).JPG

#3960 2 years ago
Quoted from capguntrooper:

Added some Ruby Red walls

Nice throne room Acrylic cover you have there.....

#3961 2 years ago
Quoted from indypinhead:

Nice throne room Acrylic cover you have there.....

Every game should have one. Great finished look.

#3962 2 years ago

New woz code being tested

#3963 2 years ago

On 27" monitors, loading text is being cut off. This is largely due to
rewriting the display system to be able to adjust the screen on-the-fly
in diagnostics.

==============================================================================
== Version 6.50 June 20, 2017 ==
==============================================================================

=== Game Code

* Fix lamp board disabling/jumpering.
* Fix Witch debounce times (core change made it very hard for her to
register).
* Hopefully fixed the Winkie drop target coil lock-on issue.
* Fix 1-player choreography at ball start.
* Special display effect now only shows if set for points, otherwise it shows
Free Game or Extra Ball.
* Music no longer silenced at endball waiting for bonus to start.
* Custom high scores now come after normal and daily high scores.
* Fix music possibly going away after adjusting volume.
* Spinner now scores points based on BALL status and BALL difficulty.
+ Added "Hurryup Magnet Helper" adjustment. Can be set to On/Off, default
is ON. If Witch Hurryup is running and Dorothy isn't ready to be
captured, shots to the right orbit will be attempted to be caught by the
magnet for easy Witch shots. The magnet doesn't work the best in this
application, but when it works it's useful.

=== Core Code

* Fixed a very rare potential game-crashing race condition in 2 game systems.
* Console can fill the screen now.
* Added maintenance reboot event to the logger.
* Fixed game time audit (it would get messed up if a game was started again
before attract mode).
+ Start button will now allow restarting on ball 1 without adding players.
* To accomodate the above, players are now added when the start button is
released, not when it is pressed.
+ Courtesy kicks.
* Console now displays loading progress.
* DEFAULT ADJUSTMENT VALUES NOW REPRESENT "HOME" OPTIONS.
+ Added "Install Coin-Op" preset for easier setup for operators due to the
above change.
* HSTD Multiple Initials/Player now def

#3964 2 years ago

Woot! Didn't see on their site, is this one a beta through the owners forum?

#3965 2 years ago
Quoted from merccat:

Didn't see on their site, is this one a beta through the owners forum?

Not on owners forum. Will be on site soon.

LTG : )

#3966 2 years ago

Awesome! More WOZ polishing!

#3967 2 years ago

Hey guys – anyone else having trouble installing 6.50 released yesterday? Downloaded and extracted the file according to the instructions – game attempts to update from USB update screen but goes right back to the game homescreen within about 5 seconds and shows version 6.06. Tried 2 different USB sticks.

#3968 2 years ago

What is the name of the directory on your thumb drive?

Quoted from lschmidlin:

Hey guys – anyone else having trouble installing 6.50 released yesterday? Downloaded and extracted the file according to the instructions – game attempts to update from USB update screen but goes right back to the game homescreen within about 5 seconds and shows version 6.06. Tried 2 different USB sticks.

#3969 2 years ago

You want the directory to be woz_update

and under the directory it should look something like this after extracting all files:

files (resized).JPG

#3970 2 years ago

Thanks guys – thought I was so careful with the instructions, but not so. Didn't erase the auto generated file name on extracting. I looked and it seemed okay, but indeed needed to be erased with only file location showing, e:\. Anyway, works great. Utilities say 6.50 and I saw the floating scores so know I'm good! On to Hobbit... Thanks again.

#3971 2 years ago

WOZ in the engineering lab

IMG_5678 (resized).JPG

#3972 2 years ago

Howdy-

My crystal ball on my ECLE pooped out.
Played a game. During boot, noticed colorful backwards/upside-down text scrolling. After game started, colorful backwards/upside-down text stayed put.
I didn't pay much mind to the text, but I think I recall seeing "SDa" or "SDu" in there(?)

Power cycle.

Now crystal ball dark.

Wiggled connector to back of crystal ball screen. Nothing.
Popped the card out & popped it back in.

Power cycle..

Still dark.

Started tracing cable to give the other end of it a wiggle. It hides in the umbilical with a million other wires.
Where does it come out on the other end?

What's the fix for this issue?

Thank you very much,
-Jason

#3973 2 years ago
Quoted from jasonbar:

Howdy-
My crystal ball on my ECLE pooped out.
Played a game. During boot, noticed colorful backwards/upside-down text scrolling. After game started, colorful backwards/upside-down text stayed put.
I didn't pay much mind to the text, but I think I recall seeing "SDa" or "SDu" in there(?)
Power cycle.
Now crystal ball dark.
Wiggled connector to back of crystal ball screen. Nothing.
Popped the card out & popped it back in.
Power cycle..
Still dark.
Started tracing cable to give the other end of it a wiggle. It hides in the umbilical with a million other wires.
What's the fix for this issue?
Thank you very much,
-Jason

If you have tried all of the fixes, checked all of the cables and pressed the sd card in firmly and still is doesnt light up, its possible that the little OLED screen is burned out.

Fortunately they are available on the JJP site as a replacement part:

http://store.jerseyjackpinball.com/Parts/Wizard-of-Oz-Parts/OLED-Screen-.html

#3974 2 years ago
Quoted from jasonbar:

It goes into a connector in the metal box on the input/output board. It is a connector that is positioned at a different angle than the others. I forget which one it is, but I believe it is on the bottom right. If you contact JJP, they can tell you the location for sure, or it may be in the manual.

#3975 2 years ago

A pop bumper ring on the right tree bumper broke last friday!
I ordered some spares from JJP and they came pretty quickly (thanks paul).

I was impressed with how easy it was to replace.

Use a Klein 1/4" hollow magnetic nut driver to remove the 2 nylock nuts holding the tree down.
The tree is rubber so you have to press down on the nut with the driver to squeeze onto it.
The tree fit fairly snug onto the mounting plate screw studs, just wiggle and pull and it comes free.

I used a Klein #2 phillips to remove the 2 black screws that go into the hex stand-offs. The stand-offs are aluminum so when re-installing dont strip them out.

I used the same 1/4" nut driver to remove the hex stand-offs and the broken ring came out easily.

On reassembly I did have to grip the post with a 4" micro channel lock plier the keep it from turning while tightening on one of the sides.

JJP sent me new hex stand offs but they were silver and not anodized black. Mine were a little scraped up from the damage but covered up easily with a black sharpie marker, so I reused them.

I painted the silver ones with the black sharpie (3 coats) and they look good enough as you an barely see them anyway.

Just a note: if you order the hex stand-offs try to get the black ones if they have them.

The whole repair took approximately 10 mins including finding all the right tools.

For a cheap/thin steel ring it held up amazingly well (9000 plays) nice engineering work on this!
I think the right tree bumper takes the most abuse of the three.

#3976 2 years ago

This last weekend we "kind of" went overboard with the WOZ theme. We got 2 different WOZ slot machine toppers (never used) from Nevada - the right one in the pic I will use the center "window" to display digital WOZ theme pics and WOZ pinball themed YouTube videos/promo videos. They both are backlit. Those will be yet another side project.

20170704_WOZTopper2 (resized).jpg

We also went to "The Land of Oz" in NC as one of the main parts of our vacation. I got "volunteered" to be the "Tin Man" on the tour of the abandoned theme park. It was pretty cool and fun ... would have never done that if I didn't have the WOZ pin. A lot of the Land of Oz pics will be put in the digital picture frame put in the WOZ slot topper.

DSC00864a (resized).jpg
GEDC3130 (resized).JPG
DSC00893a (resized).jpg
GEDC3179 (resized).JPG

#3977 2 years ago

so just rejoined the club. Missed the game. Bounced around a number of classics and this game is really special. Still nothing like it IMO. It is the twilight zone of the new gen. Tech, shots, music - it has it all.

Advice to make the middle of the playfield brighter? I installed spotlights on my previous IJ and it made a huge diff. Problem is I don't know if you can alligator clip into these boards.

Has anyone mad the middle of the game brighter?

#3978 2 years ago

Anyone swap out standard side rails for green? Are the side rails taped down like B/W? Is there a pin on the rear somewhere? Yes, I'm starting a project.

#3979 2 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

so just rejoined the club. Missed the game. Bounced around a number of classics and this game is really special. Still nothing like it IMO. It is the twilight zone of the new gen. Tech, shots, music - it has it all.
Advice to make the middle of the playfield brighter? I installed spotlights on my previous IJ and it made a huge diff. Problem is I don't know if you can alligator clip into these boards.
Has anyone mad the middle of the game brighter?

Just add a couple of spotlights, one on the left near the crystal ball and one near the throne room. You can get 12 volts from the other spotlights.

#3980 2 years ago
Quoted from DCFAN:

Just add a couple of spotlights, one on the left near the crystal ball and one near the throne room. You can get 12 volts from the other spotlights.

OK - would these work though?

http://www.pinballlife.com/index.php?p=product&id=1542

If not, can you link me to ones that will?

#3981 2 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

OK - would these work though?
http://www.pinballlife.com/index.php?p=product&id=1542
If not, can you link me to ones that will?

Yes, the spotlights would work. Just remember to use 12 volt LEDs. These worked well for me:

http://www.cometpinball.com/product-p/opmax12v.htm

#3982 2 years ago
Quoted from DCFAN:

Yes, the spotlights would work. Just remember to use 12 volt LEDs. These worked well for me:

Did you go with the natural or sunlight version.

#3983 2 years ago
Quoted from DeathHimself:

Did you go with the natural or sunlight version.

I am fairly sure it was natural. I am not really sure what sunlight LEDs would look like.

#3984 2 years ago
Quoted from DCFAN:

Thanks. How did you connect them though b/c in the past i've used alligator clips. I don't think you can do that with WOZ. I would like to add a few LED strips to the game but again - not what I connect them too.

#3985 2 years ago

Thanks, I think I'll give them a shout and ask the difference between the two. Wonder if it's just a matter of color temp.

#3986 2 years ago
Quoted from DeathHimself:

Thanks, I think I'll give them a shout and ask the difference between the two. Wonder if it's just a matter of color temp.

Sunlight is more yellow. Natural is white. I like natural.

#3987 2 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Thanks. How did you connect them though b/c in the past i've used alligator clips. I don't think you can do that with WOZ. I would like to add a few LED strips to the game but again - not what I connect them too.

I used molex splitters I made. You could use splices if you do not have the tools and parts to do molex.

amazon.com link »

In this picture the black wire represents the existing WOZ spotlight wire fed through the splice (which makes a small cut in the insulation for contact) and the red would be a wire from the new spotlight. You would need one for each of the two wires.
th (2) (resized).jpg

#3988 2 years ago

Two things:

1. my shaker is starting to sound "squeeky" when it activates. haven't lifted the PF yet to look, but if there are any known spots to check or tighten let me know.

2. for me, the one annoying shot has always been the crystal ball, i'd say 75% of the time I get a reject. Any tweak, bend or fix to be done to help?

Been playing it alot more since the 6.5 release, such a nice polished game.

#3989 2 years ago
Quoted from arcadenerd925:

Two things:
1. my shaker is starting to sound "squeeky" when it activates. haven't lifted the PF yet to look, but if there are any known spots to check or tighten let me know.
2. for me, the one annoying shot has always been the crystal ball, i'd say 75% of the time I get a reject. Any tweak, bend or fix to be done to help?
Been playing it alot more since the 6.5 release, such a nice polished game.

The crystal ball is like that you can try and play with the spinner a bit but it did not seem to do much for me. What did fix it was having it on location for 6 months, with more play it got much smoother. Same for me with the shaker. On location it was fine, but getting less play at home it squeaks at first but it goes away with play. Try using the test and just run the shaker for a bit and see if that helps, does on mine.

#3990 2 years ago

I think the crystal ball shot is second to HOADC collect as far as difficulty.... feels great when you nail it... but for me thats very rare, usually I just get rejected or sometimes lucky.

#3991 2 years ago

Best way to get crystal ball shot is to backhand it with two balls on the left flipper, which you can only do in MB. Otherwise, it is a crap shoot.

#3992 2 years ago
Quoted from Nokoro:

Best way to get crystal ball shot is to backhand it with two balls on the left flipper, which you can only do in MB. Otherwise, it is a crap shoot.

But the newest code has a penalty for doing that more than once, right? If I remember correctly the penalty is no-hold flippers the remainder of the ball - that's a pretty serious penalty! I think it's actually the hardest shot on the game because you can get rejects that drain on the left outlane and sometimes even making the shot through the spinner it somehow ends up in the pops and doesn't count - I still haven't figured out exactly how that happens! At least with HOADC you don't have the same likelihood of a drain and may actually be able to pin the ball with the upper flipper then control release it.

#3993 2 years ago

Anyone still having light board issues still? I bought NIB 75th Nov. 17 build date. My upper light just went out for the third time. This time its #31. So the upper castle has to come off again . I know some guys have very few issues for some reason mine has. I use wizards to clean the playfield as recommened

JJP has been great with support and I love the game, Its starting to get a little frustrating. I know 2.0 system came out a month after my game got built. I just feel JJP devalued our games with the 7.5 v boards. I know if I was looking today I would rather have the newer system than the older.

Frank told me the rumor is they might come out with a conversation kit to 2.0 at a later date. It be really nice if Jack would address this issue and offer it to owners that our interested.

#3994 2 years ago

My game is brutal in that a rejected or missed crystal ball shot often goes straight into the left outlane.

#3995 2 years ago

Tips for hitting the "Collect" shot associated with the horses? I know you prob need to hold right flipper so you can shoot the ball in from left flipper but just can't do it. Am I missing something?

#3996 2 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Tips for hitting the "Collect" shot associated with the horses? I know you prob need to hold right flipper so you can shoot the ball in from left flipper but just can't do it. Am I missing something?

Shoot it from from the left flipper firmly and drop the right flipper just as the ball is in the right spot so the dropping flipper will usher the ball into the shooter lane. It takes a bit of practice but it works.

Though, I question the risk/reward value in the shot.

#3997 2 years ago
Quoted from bobukcat:

But the newest code has a penalty for doing that more than once, right? If I remember correctly the penalty is no-hold flippers the remainder of the ball - that's a pretty serious penalty!

The penalty is only if you do it 3 times in a row without hitting other switches in between, so I think it is something you can control.

Quoted from delt31:

You need to be exact in your aim. It is the most difficult shot on the playfield. If you are cradling two balls on the right flipper, you can sometimes backhand one of the balls in with a quick flip.

#3998 2 years ago

I've got some SERIOUS comments about JJP and Automated Services. My game had several issues and JJP (Frank & Jack) decided to SEND A TECH to my home to fix the several mechanical issues at JJP's costs. The repair was $600, but my WoZ RR broke with one of the same issues two days later.

Mike (owner of Automated Services), Jack, and Frank (head of JJP production) quickly decided to SEND ME A NEW WoZ RR at their expense, PLUS pick up my old one, PLUS set up my new WoZ all at their expense!!

DID YOU GET ALL THAT? They;

Spent $600 to try and fix my game. (Labor has never been covered under warranty).
Picked up my old game
Delivered my new game WoZ and set it up
AND allowed me to keep game number 42 on my new WoZ!

I've had my new "2nd production" WoZ (has new LED light kit) for 6 months and no issues.

Why am I telling you all this, because Automated Services (the distributor I got the game from), and JJP understand and are VERY willing to help out their customers with legitimate issues. I will ONLY buy any new games from Mike at Automated Services! He delivered on every promise he made BEFORE I had to remind him!

#3999 2 years ago
Quoted from GorfFan:

I've got some SERIOUS comments about JJP and Automated Services. My game had several issues and JJP (Frank & Jack) decided to SEND A TECH to my home to fix the several mechanical issues at JJP's costs. The repair was $600, but my WoZ RR broke with one of the same issues two days later.
Mike (owner of Automated Services), Jack, and Frank (head of JJP production) quickly decided to SEND ME A NEW WoZ RR at their expense, PLUS pick up my old one, PLUS set up my new WoZ all at their expense!!
DID YOU GET ALL THAT? They;
Spent $600 to try and fix my game. (Labor has never been covered under warranty).
Picked up my old game
Delivered my new game WoZ and set it up
AND allowed me to keep game number 42 on my new WoZ!
I've had my new "2nd production" WoZ (has new LED light kit) for 6 months and no issues.
Why am I telling you all this, because Automated Services (the distributor I got the game from), and JJP understand and are VERY willing to help out their customers with legitimate issues. I will ONLY buy any new games from Mike at Automated Services! He delivered on every promise he made BEFORE I had to remind him!

Great story! Totally agree about Mike at Automated. I had a great experience working with him. Heck of a nice guy too. Nice to see JJP continuing to excel in the customer services department as well.

#4000 2 years ago
Quoted from Nokoro:

Great story! Totally agree about Mike at Automated. I had a great experience working with him. Heck of a nice guy too. Nice to see JJP continuing to excel in the customer services department as well.

I also purchased my WOZRR from Mike at Automated (pinballs.com). Great transaction and customer service. I have an AFM-R LE on order from Mike and looking forward to getting notification that it is ready to ship. Fantastic communication from Automated.

Rob

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 85.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop
$ 259.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball LEDs
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 89.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com
There are 9762 posts in this topic. You are on page 80 of 196.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside